Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 04 2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
They listen folks! Ive just been harvesting flowers and trees - I got to the brown and black and it only gave me the option to post three times so we are NOT flooding others walls with posts.
ALSO I got two degrees of the Dan for the roses!
You got 2 degrees of Dan in one afternoon??? My hopeful spirt just got dashed again! LOL

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jun 04 2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
I already did ask the other day Understandably, they are a bit busy at the moment
ROTFLOL, yep, I bet they are.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jun 04 2011, 09:00 PM
Account Not Linked

i dont think stuff is getting counted accuratly, cause i have the exact same number of maple trees as i do pine trees, and i harvest them myself once every day, and they are way far apart belt-wise.

I should be the same belt/dan status on both trees. both trees yeild the same amount of logs
Old Jun 04 2011, 09:07 PM
Account Not Linked

I thought I had the belt bonus system sorted in my head but maybe not...

I'm aware of the 3 hour limit for sending a belt bonus to each neighbour, the 3 hr coin limit to receiving my 50% cut, and the limit of 3 postings (is that for 3 hrs too? Anyone know?).

And the belt request/gifting has been separated from the ingredient request/gifting too which is a great improvement.

Questions: Is there a limit to bonus belt gifts that I can receive from my friends? And is that limit tied in with, and subject to, the limits on my belt bonus gifting to my friends?

I posted a brown belt bonus for oranges this morning (Downunder) and I also posted requests for ingredients. I received lots of ingredient gifts which is usual for me. BUT I received only one oranges bonus gift. I am absolutely positively sure that more than one was sent cos I sent one from another account which I did not receive, and another reliable neighbour said she sent one which didn't materialise also.

Now I admit that I'm doing a tad of assuming here, and we all know what assuming does lol, but I thought the belt bonus system works along the same lines as the ingredient requests do cos they operate the same in all but this one aspect. If that is how it works, then I should receive at the very least a good few orange bonus gifts, not just one.

Are there other limits in place that remain unclear to me or is it broke?

Another question: Are there limits on the number of friends that I can send a belt bonus gift to in the three hours? I know I'll max out with receiving my cut of the bonus, but I would like to gift more of my friends anyway. I've had conflicting responses when I click to send after maxing out.

If this aspect is set up the same as ingredient gifting, I should be able to send to each friend who has posted a belt bonus request as I can now for gifting ingredients to friends.

Thanks in advance for help and answers

Last edited by onamission; Jun 04 2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: ,,
Old Jun 04 2011, 09:11 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

It isn't rewarding to me to have something displayed to get a belt, now if we got lots of extra boxes, fc or something, I would work for it.

Like you, I don't know if it is one box per field or what.
Old Jun 04 2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedDead View Post
Actually, I'm enjoying this now that the news feed isn't getting spammed to death. The rewards are great too.

I'm just thinking that ribbons and medals would have made more sense than belts and dans.

Overall, the Devs have always done a great job with the game. Sometimes it's frustrating when something gets broken, but they are always quick to fix it.
Yep. I agree with all of this. I hadn't really thought about the farming vs. fighting issue, but I HAD been looking at the seed thingies in the store the other day and thinking that the belts aren't real aesthetically pleasing. It's not easy to tell what they are at first, some of them almost overlap the picture of the crop and it all just sort of looks out of balance. I was looking through some icons today for a project I'm working on and ran across some award icons and thought, "Oh! These would look awesome where our belts are!" Nice diversion when I was supposed to be working.

Anyway,here's what I saw - they can come in as many different colors as you want. I like the ones with the stars best.

But yes, I agree with your last paragraph, too. Our devs - and this game - are the best thing out there.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫

Last edited by Double T Dude Ranch; Jun 04 2011 at 09:32 PM. Reason: removed external link
Old Jun 04 2011, 09:32 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Yep. I agree with all of this. I hadn't really thought about the farming vs. fighting issue, but I HAD been looking at the seed thingies in the store the other day and thinking that the belts aren't real aesthetically pleasing. It's not easy to tell what they are at first, some of them almost overlap the picture of the crop and it all just sort of looks out of balance. I was looking through some icons today for a project I'm working on and ran across some award icons and thought, "Oh! These would look awesome where our belts are!" Nice diversion when I was supposed to be working.

Anyway,here's what I saw - they can come in as many different colors as you want. I like the ones with the stars best.

But yes, I agree with your last paragraph, too. Our devs - and this game - are the best thing out there.
Sorry but I had to remove the link as we don't allow external links without permission for safety of our users
Old Jun 04 2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
Sorry but I had to remove the link as we don't allow external links without permission for safety of our users
Oh, sorry. I didn't know.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jun 04 2011, 10:21 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redqueen67 View Post
Have a question and wonder if this has happened to anyone else. I posted my black belt for roses, 3 friends claimed them, when I checked my gift box I received one 5-pod rose from each of them. I should have received 426 roses.
Yes, it is happening to all flowers. Give it time and someone will fix it.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 04 2011, 10:31 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Duck Goose View Post
i dont think stuff is getting counted accuratly, cause i have the exact same number of maple trees as i do pine trees, and i harvest them myself once every day, and they are way far apart belt-wise.

I should be the same belt/dan status on both trees. both trees yeild the same amount of logs
What is needed to get a belt is determined by two things the time it takes to grow the crop and the level you get the crop at. The lower level stuff has lower requirements then the higher level stuff and the shorter time stuff has higher harvest requirements then the longer grow stuff. Pine is available at level 1 maple is available at level 80 that is why there is a difference in the harvest requirements for the two trees.

I know the devs have been busy and I can wait to get the belt requirements but I will be interested to see exactly what they are and if I can figure out their logic behind the numbers. I have been trying to keep track of what is needed as I harvest my own crops but sometimes I mess it up.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Closed Thread