Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 15 2012, 11:53 PM
Senior Moderator

From what I have seen in here and Help & Support I think the Lifeline needs to be tweaked a bit. There is no way to get a gift or ingredient if you need an end item from a facility. That should be a Hire Lifeline not a Gift Lifeline or Trade Lifeline. Trade Lifelines should only be for things you can buy such as crop, tree, flower and animal harvests.
This definately needs some tweaking.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 16 2012, 02:25 AM

How do I find out about how to start a quest etc- was in hospital for a while w/ no internet and feel like I've missed details!
Old Feb 16 2012, 09:16 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Now, I have 3 quests on the board that I cannot complete due to having to use
FC facilities that I don't have, one of those uses 2 FC facilities that I don't have. There are a lot of the FC facilities that I do have so it isn't like I don't have any. The lifeline is stuck in the first one I can't do because the life line was a trade lifeline and I need something from a facilities so that doesn't help either.

Please let us opt out of a quest or just use facilities that we have.
Old Feb 16 2012, 11:16 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I agree swd, I have passed up Quest after Quest because each one that comes up requires a FC Facility. I have spent $ on FC, none of it on Facilities though. It just seems like if you don't spend $ on FC Facilities, you will never have a chance to ever complete a Quest.

So is it far that only people that spend $ on FC Facilities get the benefits of the quest and the rest of use $ spenders or not, get left out? I have spent $ on tools and stuff, so it's not like I'm not supporting the game.

Here is a suggestion: Example:
I have a quest to make a tuna sandwich. I have everything I need all but the Facility to make the can of tuna. My lifeline is for a gift (can't get the can of tuna this way), I can however do a friends facilities and get a can of tuna, but this still will not help as the quest requires I make it myself or get it via the lifeline which is like the lotto, your lucky if you get it. Why not make it open to however you can get the products for the end result. If you can get the can of tuna, does it matter where it came from???

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by RustyE; Feb 16 2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old Feb 16 2012, 11:50 AM

when we get the window for a quest, it would help if there was more information about what we have to do. for instance:
i just got a quest to load 3X watering can in a service facility.
i have spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out what facilities produce and sell the watering can. i looked at the lists here and i cant find it. it might be there but i am not spending another hour trying to find it.
i dont now if i have the facilities to make and sell it, so i am not going to bother with the quest.
now, if instead of saying load 3x watering can in "a" facility. it wouls say load 3x watering can in the "watering can store" (or wherever the hec they are sold), i would be able to determine right away if i have the necessary facilities to do the quest.

it has happened on several other quests that i had a lot of trouble, and spent way too much time trying to find out if i had the necesary facilities.

for now i am just going to do what i normally do in farmtown, and if i happen to fill a quest fine...if not ..oh well.
Old Feb 16 2012, 12:13 PM

I got to use my first lifeline! This is so much fun! Good job with the quests!!
Old Feb 16 2012, 12:53 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyE View Post
I agree swd, I have passed up Quest after Quest because each one that comes up requires a FC Facility. I have spent $ on FC, none of it on Facilities though. It just seems like if you don't spend $ on FC Facilities, you will never have a chance to ever complete a Quest.

So is it far that only people that spend $ on FC Facilities get the benefits of the quest and the rest of use $ spenders or not, get left out? I have spent $ on tools and stuff, so it's not like I'm not supporting the game.

I have a quest to make a tuna sandwich. I have everything I need all but the Facility to make the can of tuna. My lifeline is for a gift (can't get the can of tuna this way), I can however do a friends facilities and get a can of tuna, but this still will not help as the quest requires I make it myself or get it via
the lifeline which is like the lotto, your lucky if you get it. Why not make it open to however you can get the products for the end result. If you can get the can of tuna, does it matter where it came from???

an answer to your example: if you have the gift lifeline then put out an ingredient request fore something that uses canned tuna, when people work that reuqest you will recieve what u need
Old Feb 16 2012, 01:01 PM

I was very impressed with the quests until receiving the first one in which I need a FC facility I do not have. Like other farmers have mentioned, I have purchased some FC facilities, so it is not like I do not have any. I was hoping the quests would remain geared for each individual farmer according to what the farm's capabilities are. I went through the steps until I got to making wallpaper. How helpful it would be when clicking the Lifeline to be able to complete the step with the aid of a neighbor! The devs have been very generous in giving enough time to wait on a crop, flower, tree, etc. to become ready for harvest. Please go one step further and make the Lifeline a TRUE lifeline. The situation of needing to purchase a FC facility in order to complete a quest does not make me want to purchase the facility, if that is the purpose of having a quest I am unable to complete short of spending FC. I am buying all I can within my budget. Instead, the presence of a quest I cannot complete saddens me, among other things.
Old Feb 16 2012, 02:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran's Farm View Post
How do I find out about how to start a quest etc- was in hospital for a while w/ no internet and feel like I've missed details!
In the Extended Toolbox (yellow one above the Map) is what looks like a dice with question marks on each side. It is in the far left column. Click on that for quests.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 16 2012, 02:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyE View Post

I have a quest to make a tuna sandwich. I have everything I need all but the Facility to make the can of tuna. My lifeline is for a gift (can't get the can of tuna this way), I can however do a friends facilities and get a can of tuna, but this still will not help as the quest requires I make it myself or get it via the lifeline which is like the lotto, your lucky if you get it. Why not make it open to however you can get the products for the end result. If you can get the can of tuna, does it matter where it came from???
For your example you can go to the sandwich shop and request the ingredients to make the Tuna sandwich. That will get you the canned tuna.