Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 22 2014, 08:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraelwart View Post
I have been having problems with slow loading since last update - cleaned everything and tried different servers etc. Really bad when helping others on their farms - especially with the fishing and flowers, takes ages to count them all etc. Twice I have done an entire farm, harvesting, fishing, trees/flowers and the whole lot has stayed with the lines on them - says it is loading and then the farm freezes and can do nothing with it except leave. Go back and the farm is showing as nothing done at all This loading problem had been mostly solved in recent updates but is now back with a vengeance
Hi Barbara,
Could you please add a link here to your farms so we can check them for you. The automatic linking does not work so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554

When you say you have cleaned everything does this include the memcache clearing?
By trying different servers I take that to mean you have tried different computers in your home. Have you tried restarting your router/modem to see if it is a connection problem?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 22 2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docperk View Post
I agree about the expansions being to pricey. I think I have 1 that is 38x38 and the reset are 32x32 and 34x34 and the last 4 farms aren't even in the 30s. My son just just started playing and asked me what is the deal with the expansions being in billions of coins? All I could say is they don't want you having very big farms. I got to admit they do load faster when they are smaller even if the are layered.
I usually suggest making sure one has all the farms first, DocPerk. At the moment there are 23 and many farmers think they need to enlarge them in a particular order or that all the farms need to be even in size. They may be made larger in any order you please. If you cannot afford the larger piece of land for a certain farm make sure to check if the same size is available on another for fewer coins. One reason for the expensive land is that it makes things more interesting for people earning a billion coins a day...

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Aug 22 2014, 12:25 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I am so mad about losing quest points!!!! I have lost so many in the last few days I can't keep track. I request & hope they change the requirements to obtain those desperately needed FC.. I try to get on a regular schedule, but there are some days i'm on longer than others & get more work done, I feel like I have earned those points just by putting in my time, but then again, that's not what counts. I forget that I should be grateful for just having the opportunity to play the game, forget about earning farmcash because I don't have a job, can't find a job and for every other reason others can think of.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 22 2014, 12:27 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
I usually suggest making sure one has all the farms first, DocPerk. At the moment there are 23 and many farmers think they need to enlarge them in a particular order or that all the farms need to be even in size. They may be made larger in any order you please. If you cannot afford the larger piece of land for a certain farm make sure to check if the same size is available on another for fewer coins. One reason for the expensive land is that it makes things more interesting for people earning a billion coins a day...
You're right about them being too expensive. I only have 1 farm that is 34x34. I would love to give my houses & business more land so I can decorate & plant more on each one, but because of the prices of realty, I can't afford them, it's very disturbing that I can't keep up with the Jones' ...

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 23 2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Barbara,
Could you please add a link here to your farms so we can check them for you. The automatic linking does not work so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554

When you say you have cleaned everything does this include the memcache clearing?
By trying different servers I take that to mean you have tried different computers in your home. Have you tried restarting your router/modem to see if it is a connection problem?
Hi, This is the link to my farms https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1182&farm_ix=0

I clear the memcache at least once daily, I use CCleaner regularly and I also manually clean it through settings. I am not computer literate - hope you know what I mean by that! What I meant by different servers, is I have used Opera, Google and Comodo Dragon. I have just restarted the modem to see if that helps, had not done that before. Thanks for trying to help.
Old Aug 23 2014, 09:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraelwart View Post
Hi, This is the link to my farms https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1182&farm_ix=0

I clear the memcache at least once daily, I use CCleaner regularly and I also manually clean it through settings. I am not computer literate - hope you know what I mean by that! What I meant by different servers, is I have used Opera, Google and Comodo Dragon. I have just restarted the modem to see if that helps, had not done that before. Thanks for trying to help.
Hi Barbara,
I don't see anything about your farms that would cause any problems. Hopefully the modem restart will help. As to the other farms it can depend on how heavily they are layered as that can cause you problems when trying to work. Try turning off everything before you go to work and then only turn on what you need at the time to harvest.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 23 2014, 12:26 PM

Thanks for checking Taz. Will see how things go - there are a lot of people complaining of loading issues though, amongst my friends and in the group I admin. Hopefully it will all sort itself out soon. They say Patience is a Virtue!
Old Aug 23 2014, 07:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

whats wrong with the facility manager? cant get into it,
Old Aug 23 2014, 08:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverduster View Post
whats wrong with the facility manager? cant get into it,
Hi Beverduster,
Nothing is wrong with it that I know of. Mine opens just fine. Try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Old Aug 23 2014, 09:16 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

never mind, i forgot i was in the market i almost paniced
Closed Thread