Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 26 2012, 11:45 AM

Default a letter to those without tools

Dear tool-less workers,

I have heard you complain and I have seen you in the market demanding solo work b/c you don't want to share, fine whatever works for you, works for you. However please do not assume that ALL workers with tools are greedy, not all of us are, some of us DID learn to share in preschool and many of us still practise that skill today and some of us might even do it very well. Do not put those with tools in one catagory, that like me saying those with no tools never finish a job. It's an unfair statement to make. Nobody HAS to share the crops, yes its good manners and respectful to do so but thats all.

Do not reply in the market saying you have tools when you don't, if you choose to do this than don't be surprised or upset when a farmer hires someone with tools when they realize you lied to get a bunch of pixels and a few coins.

Do not assume that YOU need the xp's more than another player, we ALL want/need xps, so if you are harvesting and someone is plowing don't scream at them, and do NOT send the employer nasty messages, its their farm and they are free to hire who they like, no matter what tools they have or don't have. Just b/c someone has tools doesn't mean they have a higher leval or enough x's some players buy those tools at a low leval to help them gain xp's. Also take into consideration that the worker may have been hired to plow only and NOT harvest.

standing their whining and crying about what you didn't get that you wanted only delays your work and allows someone with tools to do what you should be but are not doing. If you have been hired for multiple farms, simply go to another farm, arguing over pixels is silly, and juvenile not to mention pointless.

I DO realize that working with someone who has tools can be frustrating and maddening but at the end of the day it's just a game, life will go on even when/if the game ends.

To those with tools, grow up and play nice, saying nasty things to the workers with no tools is also juvenile and silly and only makes you look stupid.

To those without tools, grow up and play nice, saying nasty things to the workers with tools is also juvenile and silly and only makes you look stupid.

Thank you
signed

to the farmer who worked on my fields this morning,

YOU lied about the tools you had and then whined and snivelled about my fields being layered so YES I hired someone else to help you out. It isn't up to me to make sure everyone shares, I can only suggest it but beyond that, what else do you expect me to do? Sending me nasty messages was not called for and only made you look like a spoiled little kid. Had you have been honest I would have hired you for half my farms and the other person for the other half but again YOU lied, not me. calling me names is very non productive, as is threatening to "tell on me" to the facebook staff and slashkey staff and only got you dumped into my ignore box, never to be hired again by me. So before you start dumping on those WITH tools, take a look at your own attitude and ask yourself if yours was any better. We are ALL here for the same thing, our goals might be different and abilities not always the same but we are ALL here to waste time in a fun way.

SIGNED
the ticked off farmer who hired you this morning
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old Mar 26 2012, 11:58 AM

Default All in All, it's just a game..

I don't understand why anyone would want to complain or point fingers. Tools or not, it's still just a fantastic game!

Sincerely,
toolless farmer
Old Mar 26 2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny salter View Post
I don't understand why anyone would want to complain or point fingers. Tools or not, it's still just a fantastic game!

Sincerely,
toolless farmer
Well said both of you!

Old Mar 26 2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny salter View Post

Sincerely,
toolless farmer
no, I agree. I just don't get it, it isn't like there is any "real financial gain" its all pixels, that in reality are useless to the outside world but many players do play as if its for life and death reasons and thats where I get confused.
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old Mar 26 2012, 12:31 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't feed the beggers View Post
Dear tool-less workers,

I have heard you complain and I have seen you in the market demanding solo work b/c you don't want to share, fine whatever works for you, works for you. However please do not assume that ALL workers with tools are greedy, not all of us are, some of us DID learn to share in preschool and many of us still practise that skill today and some of us might even do it very well. Do not put those with tools in one catagory, that like me saying those with no tools never finish a job. It's an unfair statement to make. Nobody HAS to share the crops, yes its good manners and respectful to do so but thats all.

Do not reply in the market saying you have tools when you don't, if you choose to do this than don't be surprised or upset when a farmer hires someone with tools when they realize you lied to get a bunch of pixels and a few coins.

Do not assume that YOU need the xp's more than another player, we ALL want/need xps, so if you are harvesting and someone is plowing don't scream at them, and do NOT send the employer nasty messages, its their farm and they are free to hire who they like, no matter what tools they have or don't have. Just b/c someone has tools doesn't mean they have a higher leval or enough x's some players buy those tools at a low leval to help them gain xp's. Also take into consideration that the worker may have been hired to plow only and NOT harvest.

standing their whining and crying about what you didn't get that you wanted only delays your work and allows someone with tools to do what you should be but are not doing. If you have been hired for multiple farms, simply go to another farm, arguing over pixels is silly, and juvenile not to mention pointless.

I DO realize that working with someone who has tools can be frustrating and maddening but at the end of the day it's just a game, life will go on even when/if the game ends.

To those with tools, grow up and play nice, saying nasty things to the workers with no tools is also juvenile and silly and only makes you look stupid.

To those without tools, grow up and play nice, saying nasty things to the workers with tools is also juvenile and silly and only makes you look stupid.

Thank you
signed

YOU lied about the tools you had and then whined and snivelled about my fields being layered so YES I hired someone else to help you out. It isn't up to me to make sure everyone shares, I can only suggest it but beyond that, what else do you expect me to do? Sending me nasty messages was not called for and only made you look like a spoiled little kid. Had you have been honest I would have hired you for half my farms and the other person for the other half but again YOU lied, not me. calling me names is very non productive, as is threatening to "tell on me" to the facebook staff and slashkey staff and only got you dumped into my ignore box, never to be hired again by me. So before you start dumping on those WITH tools, take a look at your own attitude and ask yourself if yours was any better. We are ALL here for the same thing, our goals might be different and abilities not always the same but we are ALL here to waste time in a fun way.

SIGNED

Very well said and politely said also.
Old Mar 26 2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't feed the beggers View Post
Dear tool-less workers,

Thank you
signed

SIGNED

Well said - now if this could just be posted somehow right in the market place so that the people who need to read it are forced to.

Sadly, the people who cause the problems in the market don't frequent the forum

Old Mar 27 2012, 01:12 PM

I wish there was an easier way to blacklist employers, too. I don't mind harvesting/chopping trees unless they're wall to wall on every available spot, often layered over crops. Most often, the farmer who is hiring does not come to the farm while you're working which in turn means you don't have a chance to click on his/her avatar. I'd like to be able to block those people who have overplanted farms just so neither of us finds ourselves in that position again. Nothing against those farmers who overplant, you can do whatever you like on your own farm. But just so I don't find myself in the middle of a farm crammed full of trees that I've promised to harvest/chop, only to find that it's too big a job for me.
Old Mar 27 2012, 03:31 PM
Account Not Linked

When I would hire someone from the market and that isn't too often, I do alot of the harvesting/plowing myself, I would hire 1 person and then when we are at my farm I ask them if they can do the work themselves or if they need help, if they want to work solo I let them do it all, I tell them speed is not a big deal, many times the person that I hire is a lower level farmer and has no tools. I tell them do what you want if you get tired and want to stop, no problem, I will finish what they don't, so far they have always complete the job, there for awhile I had 1 farm that was just for Acorn Squash that I had just for the coins and that would be the farm that they would work on to harvest and then plow, that farm is an overlapping farm and when I go to hire someone I tell them right off that it is overlapping, but it is crops only no trees or anything is on the crops.
Old Mar 27 2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
(just something like a history log, where you can see the last 10 people you hired, worked for or visited)
What a splendid idea!
Old Mar 30 2012, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkRiverRancher View Post
I've been having some fun, with the hiring process. I now present an employment 'test'. I begin by announcing that I've got crops ready for harvesting, then plots to plow:

Greetings, Farmers. I have 2 farms; I need two employees for harvesting and plowing.

Then, I remind players that they have a very useful 'tool' available to them:

But I present an employment test. Those who do not wish to participate, please click my avatar, and select 'ignore'.

I then remind the marketplace of the 'reward' for participating:

First two correct answers will be offered the employment, both harvesting and plowing

Then, I present my 'test'. The test varies, and is based on the crop that is ready. For example, overnight I usually plant squash. My 'squash' test is a riddle:

Test: Riddle: Which FarmTown crop would be best, for killing a cockroach?

When the crop is grapes and wheat, the question is based on wine and bread, taken from the Fitzgerald translation of the Rubiayat of Omar Khayyam:

Test: Fill in the blanks: "A _ _ _ of _ _ _ _, a _ _ _ _ of _ _ _ _ _, and thou beside me, singing in the wilderness; and wilderness is paradise, now ..."

If the crop is only grapes, the 'test' is simple math -

The test: My farms yield 525 dry quarts of grapes. There are 105 dry quarts in every barrel. Each barrel yields 2 gallons of wine. How many gallons will my farms yield?

Sometimes, with grapes, the test is on American Literature:

Test: Who is the author of 'The Cask of the Amontillado'?

If the pomegranate trees are ready to pick, the test question is based on Greek Mythology:

Test: What fruit did Persephone consume, when she was being held captive by Hades in his Underworld Kingdom?

I've had great fun with some of the answers. When I get any 'irritated' players complaining that they did not 'come here to be in school', I just gently remind them that this is a game, and the developers of the game provided them with a wonderful tool, called the IGNORE button - and I recommend they employ that tool, posthaste! lol!

The hired hands are always thanked, when they arrive on the farm, for their participation in the employment test, and the usual result of the test is to stimulate a conversation with fellow FT players. I've met some very interesting people, via the 'test' and this game.

I wonder, does anyone else have any interesting ways to hire employees?
I am sooooo super confused and if u asked me any of those questions I would prob start laughing, immediately think WTF?! and be like ummmm....what? hahahahaha this totally made me laugh but it's great to see someone who actually knows this is a GAME and has fun with it : )