Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 18 2012, 11:42 AM

Why has belt bonus limit gone down to 5,000,000 from 12,000,000? (If this has a better place to be, please move it there.)
Old May 18 2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susiefry View Post
How often do they do updates? It looks like on average about every 3 weeks??? Im just so in need of more farms....lol Crossing fingers farm 15 in next update but if 3 weeks is right looks like we still got another week. Is them closing this thread another clue of an update coming?
Sorry been playing for a couple of years with some breaks here and there but never been to forom much.
It's closer to 3.5 to 4 weeks between. The history has been new levels every other update and a new farm about every third update.

That would mean 25 new levels in about another week or two and about 5-6 weeks to Farm 15.

They have been allowing more expansions from 24x24 to 30x30 in some farms but they cost so much that it takes forever to earn the 3-5 billion coins needed. I have EVERY coin facility, many FC facilities, many tools, 14 farms all expanded to large extents and it takes me about two weeks to earn ONE billion coins!

They REALLY need to increase the release of new levels to something like 30 or more EVERY update to make playing more rewarding. As it is I've EARNED more than double the XP of the current top level of 335 but will not GET the almost 200 levels they represent dribbled out over well in excess of a year, more like 18 months. The frustration is I've EARNED those XP but they are useless until new levels get released at the current snail's pace.

So don't hold your breath for new farms or levels. They come but very slowly. And who knows when they will stop issuing new farms altogether?!

The other issue currently is all the new facilities that use crops we can grow cost FC but ones that cost coins need FC facilities to provide inputs?! They are making the game improvements almost exclusively for those who have REAL $ to spend and don't seem to care one wit about the rest of us.

Last edited by Tony D; May 18 2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old May 18 2012, 12:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
Why has belt bonus limit gone down to 5,000,000 from 12,000,000? (If this has a better place to be, please move it there.)
The belt bonus levels have never been 12,000,000. This is what was released in December:
Maximun 12 hour earning cap increased: Currently you can earn up to 1,000,000 coins every 12 hour from Ingredient Posts and another 1,000,000 coins every 12 hour from Bonus Posts. For users in higher levels instead of 1,000,000 this limit will be increased as follows:

Levels 100-199 -> 3,000,000 coins
Levels 200-299 -> 4,000,000 coins
Levels 300-399 -> 5,000,000 coins
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 18 2012, 02:05 PM

The expansions beyond 24x24 all come with a clearly typed warning before we purchase, that these larger farms can compromise the performance of the game on these larger farms, so, to say you had no idea enlarging to 30x30 would slow things down, means you failed to read this caveat. Each farm expansion I paid for, I did so knowing the risks, willing to handle them. It's the slowness on the unexpanded farms that I wish developers would look into.
Old May 18 2012, 02:22 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I've noticed the slowness too
but .. they did warn us that expanding that big would cause a farm to 'act' slow like a multi layered - crowded treed , flowered farm .....

I've fully expanded my farms 1 , 2, 3 and made them my 2 'factory' farms + quest farm .... so slowness on those 3 doesn't affect my playing because I only harvest trees and flowers on those 3 ... but the slowness on my other farms HAS to be because they are expanded ..

I don't 'stack' crops , flowers, and trees or buildings etc on top of each other .. I do stack layer my crop areas but that's never affected the game before ..

I have 8 farms for growing crops , the other 6 have just buildings trees and flowers plus decorations ... and farm 15 will just be made into some kind of town to put out more of my decorations ..

I just LOVE this game !!
Old May 18 2012, 10:16 PM

is there a way to make a list and keep it to selected neighbors to send gifts and bonus.
Old May 18 2012, 10:25 PM

This is probably a question for StoneFace since he has stats on everything but anyone can answer.
My farm 4 is still ad 24x24 because I have it surrounded by seacoast. I haven't wanted to expand it cause I want to be able to keep it surrounded what I want to know is, is the 30x30 big enough to be able to add another small seacoast on each side to keep it surrounded? I actually have 2 large seacoast on front sides and 4 small ones on the back sides but I figure at some point I should be able to squeeze a small one in there.
Anybody have any figures on this?

thanks
Old May 18 2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docperk View Post
This is probably a question for StoneFace since he has stats on everything but anyone can answer.
My farm 4 is still ad 24x24 because I have it surrounded by seacoast. I haven't wanted to expand it cause I want to be able to keep it surrounded what I want to know is, is the 30x30 big enough to be able to add another small seacoast on each side to keep it surrounded? I actually have 2 large seacoast on front sides and 4 small ones on the back sides but I figure at some point I should be able to squeeze a small one in there.
Anybody have any figures on this?

thanks

If... you only place the coasts end to end, you can have 5 small seacoasts on one side of a 30x30

and

only 2 large seacoasts on one side of a 30x30.... there is not quite enough room to have 2 large and one small on one side of a 30x30

however... if you use the dirt path and overlap the ends, you could easily have a Large-Small-Large.

Old May 18 2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
If... you only place the coasts end to end, you can have 5 small seacoasts on one side of a 30x30

and

only 2 large seacoasts on one side of a 30x30.... there is not quite enough room to have 2 large and one small on one side of a 30x30

however... if you use the dirt path and overlap the ends, you could easily have a Large-Small-Large.

Thank you StoneFace that was what I was looking for.
Old May 19 2012, 01:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmyer View Post
is there a way to make a list and keep it to selected neighbors to send gifts and bonus.
You can make a list in Facebook that you can use for sending gifts by going to the last tab (Facebook Lists I think it is) after you select the gift and click on Proceed to send.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread