Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Sep 02 2017, 09:41 AM

Default This is for support.

This game is a mess, can't return gifts...gift box gets totaling all distorted and shrinks, can't find support on forum, no link for cleaning cache. Is this because of the new release? What is up? I have always seen all the problems that other FT players have had from forum and my feed and was wondering why I have not....am now. What can I do?
Old Sep 02 2017, 09:56 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmtownpatty View Post
This game is a mess, can't return gifts...gift box gets totaling all distorted and shrinks, can't find support on forum, no link for cleaning cache. Is this because of the new release? What is up? I have always seen all the problems that other FT players have had from forum and my feed and was wondering why I have not....am now. What can I do?
Hi farmtownpatty,

I have moved your post to the thread about gifts. This is a known issue. Clearing your caches is not going to help with this.

The Support link is always available to you if you scroll down past your game screen and the activity panel and click on the word Support there.

From the New Release post >>

Known Issue

- When trying to send gifts or send out Train Boost request the neighbor list collapses down to a thing line and you can't get out without reloading. This is effecting some members. The last time this happened it was a Facebook issue and we had to wait for them to resolve it. As it appears to again be something Facebook has done, the only thing you can do is wait patiently until they fix it again.

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 02 2017 at 10:01 AM.
Old Sep 02 2017, 01:11 PM

Default Boosting Trains and Sending Gifts

I am not able to boost trains or send gifts. The page loads, but then closes up before I can select the recipients!
Old Sep 02 2017, 01:13 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimaune1 View Post
I am not able to boost trains or send gifts. The page loads, but then closes up before I can select the recipients!
Hi jimanuel1,

This is a known issue. From the new release top post >>

Known Issue

- When trying to send gifts or send out Train Boost request the neighbor list collapses down to a thing line and you can't get out without reloading. This is effecting some members. The last time this happened it was a Facebook issue and we had to wait for them to resolve it. As it appears to again be something Facebook has done, the only thing you can do is wait patiently until they fix it again.

Old Sep 02 2017, 03:22 PM

Known Issue in Farmtown, because of FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!
- "When trying to send gifts or send out Train Boost request the neighbor list collapses down to a thin line and you can't get out without reloading. This is affecting some members. The last time this happened it was a Facebook issue and we had to wait for them to resolve it. As it appears to again be something Facebook has done, the only thing you can do is wait patiently until they fix it again."

You can click to return gifts, but you have to QUICKLY click the Send Button, for it to work!!!!
Old Sep 02 2017, 08:49 PM

I haven't had any problems sending out, but I have had gifts disappearing. Had 50 earlier today which I did not collect and now have only 2. Will start taking them when they are available. Just thought I would let you know.
Old Sep 02 2017, 09:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltina Flowers View Post
I haven't had any problems sending out, but I have had gifts disappearing. Had 50 earlier today which I did not collect and now have only 2. Will start taking them when they are available. Just thought I would let you know.
Hi Eltina,
You may have seen the number for gifts you had already accepted before and it was showing you the incorrect number earlier today. That tends to happen when you have accepted all the gifts as the number doesn't update quickly.
You can try going to the Games link on the left side of your Facebook home page and see how many gifts are showing there.

Also try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 02 2017, 09:28 PM

Hi Raul

I did not accept any of the 50 that were showing this morning. Did they time out? Never had that problem before. Usually accept and send only once a day and typically get 70-80. My Games Link shows 0 gifts at the moment. The tab shows 5. Cleared the memcache and still shows only 5.

thanks
Old Sep 02 2017, 09:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltina Flowers View Post
Hi Raul

I did not accept any of the 50 that were showing this morning. Did they time out? Never had that problem before. Usually accept and send only once a day and typically get 70-80. My Games Link shows 0 gifts at the moment. The tab shows 5. Cleared the memcache and still shows only 5.

thanks
Hi Eltina,
As far as we know gifts do not expire, but if you accept all your gifts then the last ones for some reason seem to show back as if they are still there throwing the count off.
Because of the gift sending problem I am sure how many you get will be down.
Did you look at the gifts this morning or just see the count on the My Requests tab?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 02 2017, 09:48 PM

Hi Taz

I did not look at the gift requests this morning. Just looked at the count. I believe this also happened yesterday. I just sent out over 100 gift requests. Will look at the gifts tomorrow and see if it matches the count. I am aware the current gift sending problem will affect how many I am getting, but this seems to be a different issue.
thanks
deb

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift limit, gifting, gifting machines, gifts, gifts issues, how many gifts, missing gifts, no gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, return gifts, send gifts, shrinking window, stuck gifts, window narrows