Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2020, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseArienh View Post
But they did begin in July 2017. If you look at this post, dated July 28, 2017, you will see that they had begun working on the conversion then.
Yes, they also said they had been working on it in an update October 30, but it was very clear from their own statements that priority was given to continually expanding features in the current game over conversion. Some were to be given the new version the end of November. Other games made it a priority and have been done for some time. Now they have even more features to convert rather than getting the conversion done then doing expansions. I support the developers with my money. I don't personally have an issue with any of this other than my original point on how some who ARE worried have been responded to. I am not emotionally vested in Farm Town. It is just pixels. As I have already stated, before taking someone to task about "rumor and speculation" perhaps offering something solid would be the wiser choice. My original point. Period. Hopefully, Happy Farming in the New Year!
Old Dec 22 2020, 11:39 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandida Nina View Post
Sorry, I disagree. Regardless of what Taz said, the announcement was made in July of 2017 and other games started conversion soon after. This was not a "last year" thing. I also disagree with the notion they cannot update. My son is a developer and he agrees with me stating it is expected for them to provide updates regularly to necessary people and such reports can be easily translated to a quick brief for "the public". I am not having an issue with any possible scenarios, even no Farm Town at all. I just pointed out that silence leads to speculation and rumor. THAT was my only point. And yes, waiting to start conversion was bad judgement. This should be a forum for honest, civil discussion but people voicing concerns have not had their concerns validated. This is disposable entertainment expense for me and I play other games, so will not go into withdrawal, but it is all a couple of my neighbors have. They have no family nearby, are older and are stuck at home and this is their main social outlet.

I agree with you. I do not expect an update on every little thing they do but once a week isn't too much to ask for. A quick we are still on schedule for the end of the year only takes a couple of minutes. I know there are people there they aren't doing the coding that could log on and give the update so this "it would slow them down and they wouldn't get anything done" is crazy. They have to give updates to their bosses which could be given to us in a simple message. I can''t believe that we are a week away from the end date and not one word has been said all month. I fully expect farm town not to be working in a week or we will be back to the early days of the game with no time table of when it will be fixed. They may have started 3 years ago but it sounds like they didn't get their act together until this year which has hurt them in getting everything moved over.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Dec 23 2020, 04:42 AM

Default Farmtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgowan View Post
What other games do you play? On FB the only game I know of is FT no other game is like this.
I also playanother farm game, load of bubble games and bowling
Old Dec 23 2020, 09:03 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
I agree with you. I do not expect an update on every little thing they do but once a week isn't too much to ask for. A quick we are still on schedule for the end of the year only takes a couple of minutes. I know there are people there they aren't doing the coding that could log on and give the update so this "it would slow them down and they wouldn't get anything done" is crazy. They have to give updates to their bosses which could be given to us in a simple message. I can''t believe that we are a week away from the end date and not one word has been said all month. I fully expect farm town not to be working in a week or we will be back to the early days of the game with no time table of when it will be fixed. They may have started 3 years ago but it sounds like they didn't get their act together until this year which has hurt them in getting everything moved over.
I agree with you as well. Just an occasional update would be nice. The silence leads one to speculate the worse. Saying that they can't take away from their work to give a short update is almost comical. I came to the forum just wanting to see if there was any updates as to the progress of the conversion. And as usual... there wasn't. It is obvious that the developers underestimated the task of converting the game. And to try and say that they only had notice last year is ridiculous as well as untrue. They had notice 3 years ago. Obviously they choose to continue updates rather than work on the conversion. Apparently they realized their mistake a few months ago in regards to it being more complex that they first thought. But even then the new updates continued coming out rather than converting what was already there. The problem here seems to be an old problem... just follow the money. I hope that next week we do still have a playable game. But this silence from the developers sure makes one wonder.
Old Dec 23 2020, 10:55 AM

Patience my FT friends. The developers are hard at work, getting the game ready to be updated. For US this is JUST a game, for them it is work which I am certain they want to continue. It is a complex game, therefore requires a lot more effort than simpler games. Give the moderators less repetitive questions, and argument. Farm Town will continue, and bugs will be fixed.
Old Dec 23 2020, 02:52 PM

Rome was not built in a day, but they were laying bricks every hour

Have patience, bigger and better to come
Old Dec 23 2020, 04:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Hi All,
Thanks for your feedback on this release. We are closing it now as Raul has opened a thread about the conversion. You can find it in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650134

If you require help with the game please post in Help and Support.
For feedback for the game post in General Feedback.
Ideas for the game post in Suggestions.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread