Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Sep 21 2021, 05:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Schofield View Post
Why can't I get on F/T any more?
Hi Betty,
I have moved your post to the subject thread about HTML/WebGL loading problems.
You are going to need to supply some details for us to be able to help.
What is your ID for your farms? You can find that in the banner above your farms.
What happens when you try to load your farms? What are you seeing as it tries to load?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 22 2021, 11:06 AM

USER ID number ( 725686526 )

I was doing so well, but now all of a sudden, I get this message:

Your browser does not support WebGL.

I tried your links above and I'm getting the spinning cube for both WebGL 1.0 and 2.0
I also cleared cache and browser history.

What am I doing wrong?
Old Sep 22 2021, 11:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by abelle3ph View Post
USER ID number ( 725686526 )

I was doing so well, but now all of a sudden, I get this message:

I tried your links above and I'm getting the spinning cube for both WebGL 1.0 and 2.0
I also cleared cache and browser history.

What am I doing wrong?
Hi Abelle3ph,
That error will come up when the game encounters an error. It could be because your browser is running out of memory with those heavily loaded fishing jobs. If you see the red numbers rising on the save button try stopping and let the save catch up.
To correct this try closing your browser for a couple minutes and then reopen. That will give it time to release some memory to be reused.

If that doesn't work try restarting your computer. And if that doesn't work to get WebGL support back you will need to clear your browser cache, close the browser, then reopen. It will be slower loading the first time after this because it has to download all the graphics again.
You might want to check the first post of this thread as it lists the requirements for playing Farm Town as well as some steps to check your computer.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 24 2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Plynn,
First off the developers are not working on the live servers, so it is not the developers working in the background. They are using a separate server for all the programming they are doing.

There isn't any throttling in the memcache. All the memcache is doing is clearing out your account on the server, so it can be downloaded again onto that server for you to use with a clean load.

The browser clearing would slow down the loading if you are doing that, because it has to redownload the graphics to your computer for the game.
The amount of memory allocted for your browsers is not the whole amount you have on your computer. I have a feeling how long you can play depends on what jobs you are doing and how much layering on those farms.
Unfortunately I don't know what to tell you about this or how to fix it. I have copied your post to the closed thread for the developers.

Hi Taz! I figured out the original problem of the pictures not showing up here in Firefox. It was in the Container settings. It wasn't happening in Chrome, but Chrome is where the GL problem is still happening. Strangely, the freezes are gone, so perhaps the developers fixed that problem. (At least, here in Ff.) (Yeahhh) I haven't checked to see if it still freezes in Opera or the other browsers yet. I've tried to be as patient as possible, but also want to help in any way I can. This has to be really hard on you as well, with so many people with all kinds of problems!!! Thank you so much and Bless you for your patience!
Old Sep 24 2021, 11:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plynn View Post
Hi Taz! I figured out the original problem of the pictures not showing up here in Firefox. It was in the Container settings. It wasn't happening in Chrome, but Chrome is where the GL problem is still happening. Strangely, the freezes are gone, so perhaps the developers fixed that problem. (At least, here in Ff.) (Yeahhh) I haven't checked to see if it still freezes in Opera or the other browsers yet. I've tried to be as patient as possible, but also want to help in any way I can. This has to be really hard on you as well, with so many people with all kinds of problems!!! Thank you so much and Bless you for your patience!
Hi Plynn,
I am not sure what container settings you are referring to.
For Chrome have you tried clearing the browser cache, close and reopen the browser? Also there is a setting in the first post of this thread for Chrome to enable the WebGL that might work.
Old Sep 24 2021, 01:23 PM
Account Not Linked

After hiring a person from the Marketplace to work on my farm I click to return to my farm. Up until today I would return to the farm I was at last. Starting today I am being returned to my home farm. I tried this multiple times, even if I did not hire someone and I keep getting returned to my home farm (farm #1).
ID ( 100001043278567 )
Old Sep 24 2021, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyrdr View Post
After hiring a person from the Marketplace to work on my farm I click to return to my farm. Up until today I would return to the farm I was at last. Starting today I am being returned to my home farm. I tried this multiple times, even if I did not hire someone and I keep getting returned to my home farm (farm #1).
ID ( 100001043278567 )
Hi Kathyrdr

Im sorry but I was not able to reproduce your problem. I went to marketplace several times from different farms and after clicking in home icon, I was back to the last farm I was.

I tried what you described hiring other farmer, not hiring and also going to the Trade market and the Inn.

Please run memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in another farm. Then reopen your farms and check if the problem is fixed.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Old Sep 24 2021, 02:43 PM
Account Not Linked

Thanks, it's working fine now. Must have been a glitch.
Old Sep 24 2021, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyrdr View Post
Thanks, it's working fine now. Must have been a glitch.

You are welcome Kathyrdr and thanks for coming back to let us know
Old Sep 25 2021, 12:17 PM

Default Slash key

Just received this message and cannot load Farmtown. Just had it loaded and have reloaded without success.

Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl