Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 24 2009, 01:34 PM

Hi.
A few comments...
Not sure if it's related to the new release, but I haven't had a single hire finish my plowing completely without crashing. Usually it takes 3 hires, after which I finish up myself. Also, a lot of plots seem to be skipped, even thought they say they have trees turned off. I have to keep hiring people (one at a time) to finish a job. I never hire more than one worker at a time, so I never had a collision problem, or any issues with lost coins or exp. (I leave if I am hired as part of a "team").
My screen shows a worker randomly leaping around the screen (not at all near where they are working), and it is quite distressing to watch.
Also, the HUGE harvest cursor is way too big.
I think I will just do the work myself and wait for things to stabilize.
Old Dec 24 2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
It should also be noted that the way it was for the majority of the life of the game you always had to wait until the avatar reached the plot you were trying to work on and often - no matter whether that plot was right there or not, the avatar would go on a "walk about" all over the farm to get to the plot that they were right next to!! Count your lucky stars that they have gotten THAT fixed!
I haven't seen the 'already done' message and I farm daily, in fact far more than I care to admit.

I also have never lost coins or points.

I found the new 'old' version awkward at first, then got right into it and was working just as quickly as, possibly faster than, before.

I haven't experienced problems with the game, in any of its releases, except for the occasional glitch now and then.............. which I think keeps things fun and a little unpredictable. In my early days of playing the most frustrating thing was getting booted in the midst of working. That hasn't happened in many months :-)

I'm a happy farmer.
Old Dec 24 2009, 02:18 PM

I liked not having to wait for my avitar to catch up to me. I am sad it was sent back to the original way. Now, I can't see the other people harvesting and next thing you know, a square is gone.

I would like to see a limit on how many people can harvest. When somebody hires five or six people, it takes the fun out. I was hired and by the time I got there, the field was whiped clean. This has happened twice and makes the game no fun to play.

Since the switch back, I am having problems hiring farmers. I click on the person, see the notice go up and the person does not respond. I had to try it five times before somebody took the job.
Old Dec 24 2009, 02:31 PM

Default Server Timed Out

On a number of jobs I was working today, I get the message that thhe server has timed out. the only way to eliminate the message is to click on the green arrow which takes me back to my own farm and I lose the job! What's up with this?
Old Dec 24 2009, 02:39 PM

Same thing happened to me Rendezvous Ranch. I had a whole field of pineapple almost done. Another worker came on, and poof all of my coins stopped. I still had the gray "lines" saying they were mine, but I never go the credit
Old Dec 24 2009, 03:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to teejcee44

I harvested a farm, only to find that all the harvesting (except a few at the beginning) were already harvested ("Already Done" message started going off for most of the field), even though it looked like they were free and clear for me to go ahead. This fix really is a mess. What ever you did, has really made things much worse. Up until this fix, i was beginning to like what i was doing. Not any more. There are WAY too many messages popping up as well. Can we dispense with these annoying messages, at least to some degree? Maybe make the messages verbose. You know, 1 means someone already harvested the plow, 2 means you can't harvest this plot until it is planted... etc. The messages are worthless.
Old Dec 24 2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twpogue View Post
Hi.
A few comments...
Not sure if it's related to the new release, but I haven't had a single hire finish my plowing completely without crashing. Usually it takes 3 hires, after which I finish up myself. Also, a lot of plots seem to be skipped, even thought they say they have trees turned off. I have to keep hiring people (one at a time) to finish a job. I never hire more than one worker at a time, so I never had a collision problem, or any issues with lost coins or exp. (I leave if I am hired as part of a "team").
My screen shows a worker randomly leaping around the screen (not at all near where they are working), and it is quite distressing to watch.
Also, the HUGE harvest cursor is way too big.
I think I will just do the work myself and wait for things to stabilize.
I see the same things, have to re-hire several times, skipping around, nobody finishes anything.

I still am much happier with the new harvesting and plowing, much faster.
Old Dec 24 2009, 04:13 PM
Account Not Linked

I have tried since early this morning (7am uk) until now (10pm uk) and I am so fed up with doing work just to have someone else harvest over me and get the credits. My Avatar does not "teletransport" anywhere in fact its so slow I only get credit for the squares it gets to - meanwhile i am way ahead watching my harvesting/plowing end up as irrelevant. What is up with this? Its so pants. I have cleared the cache, rebooted, etc etc and still no improvement.
I watched my friend harvest and plough my fields and then she watched me harvest hers - her avatar moved quickly with her clicking - mine just acted a tho it was walking through a thick bog. She waited for me to harvest and plow her fields alone - otherwise I would have had a really bum day today.
Please please do something about it - I'm clearly not the only one experiencing the sae thing. At least everyone was playing at the same pace yesterday!
I've really enjoyed the game thus far - but now it's become very disappointing. Please help.
Old Dec 24 2009, 04:20 PM
Green Prodigy ( Level 29 )

Farmer Since: Nov 07 2009
Level:
Trophies: 12
XP:

I have harvested on several farms since the new release and it seems easy and efficient. Wonder why so many people can have such different experiences at the same game? Merry Christmas!

Visit The River

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 24 2009, 04:48 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I have just worked on a few frams and all I get is already done what is doing on?

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread