Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 08 2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW170 View Post
Originally hadn't though about a town, but as the game has progressed, this idea makes sense. I probably wouldn't do a town unless the game expands to a 4th farm, but many players seem to like this idea and it would help maintain continued interest in FT.
Not much room for a town now, but I have built a small one

Stop by and wander through some time

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...-361&comments=

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...-331&comments=
Old May 08 2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW170 View Post
Originally hadn't though about a town, but as the game has progressed, this idea makes sense. I probably wouldn't do a town unless the game expands to a 4th farm, but many players seem to like this idea and it would help maintain continued interest in FT. Currently I have the home farm, (1st one), my second farm with fields of crops and facilities along the road and plan to create a sort of wooded mountain (or hilly) retreat on my third farm when I get to that point. However, I could envision a 4th farm with a town hall, post office, general store, gas station, library and houses. A town square or park with the gazebo, swings, maybe a band stand if that's added to the buildings.
Also, it would be nice to have people figures to place in a town -- and on our current farms, too.
Such fun to plan and design layouts
i have a town on my first farm.. when i get to buying the 3rd im going to make that one all crops then turn my farm 2 into a industrial city with all the factories
Old May 08 2010, 09:18 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I created a town (on the outskirts of a farm) on my third place. It was the only reasonable thing to do - decoratively and creatively - with the facilities.

You're welcome to stop in and stroll the streets, buy some pop corn or a hot dog, look at the factories, buy some ice cream or a cake at the bakery, and even visit the playground next door. If you're inclined to fish, there is a stream nearby with orchard trees for shade. The perfect place to spend a sunny afternoon.
Old May 08 2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesdreher View Post
This FT addict is jonesin' for a new update. Must....add...new...facility. Must....add....4th...farm. The problem with each new update is that it makes me crave even more updates. Please feed my addiction. I'm cold and shivering. Just one more hit.
And here I thought it was just me!
Old May 09 2010, 03:29 PM

It is getting to the point now that we do need the 4th farm, there is not enough space for all the facilities and to have enough to grow some of everything, as well as enjoy the little decorative things like pools, greenhouses, etc.
Old May 09 2010, 06:52 PM

I don't think I'd want to see more crops used - with 3 farms and all the rest, there isn't enough room to plant enough to keep all the facilities going as it is.

I love the fishing!! I only do it when I have a worker on the farm, it gives me something to do and believe me, those fish points add up!!

I have a wee problem with that third farm. The little square goes up a bit under the top bar on my monitor and sometimes, I really have to work to click it! What would REALLY be nice is if we had a little "index" that gave the name of each of our farm areas instead of that little diamond shape. They seem to me to be backward. I would think farm #1 would be the top diamond, then 2, followed by 3 below.

We all have a zillion little things we want, including me, but until I get them, I'm quite happy with what I already have!! I've been playing for almost 3 months now and enjoyed every moment. I have my 3 farms, level 80, have all the facilities and am now just maintaining things.

I do wish we had a coffee shop where we could grind our own coffee. It could be a very small little building like the red windmill. That would be really nice!!

Keep up the good work - you guys rock!!
Old May 09 2010, 06:59 PM

I, like many, did not realize that the animals needed to be on the same farm as the facility. Why not give us ONE opportunity to move all our critters to one farm? I was wondering why i kept running out of cow milk with 30 cows. Same with eggs.
Old May 10 2010, 12:05 PM

I just bought new facilities, yippee Now it would be nice to have that 4th farm. And I would be very happy if I could grind my own coffee and made some pickles.
Old May 10 2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hey there,

We just released a new version with the following features/changes:

1. You can now fish at your farm in the ponds, lakes and rivers using the Fishing Rod in the tools menu (below the watering can). These are the rules:

- If you had already water items in your farms, your fish are almost sure already grown so you can start fishing right away. If you just purchased a water item, then you may have to wait 8 or 24 hours for the fish to grow.

- To fish, just select the Fishing Rod and start clicking on the water. You will see the Fish count decreasing as you start catching fish.

- If the fish count is 0, it means you need to wait until all fish grow again. You don't need to wait until the counter gets to 0 as that can be quite hard, your lake or river will be full with fish in 8 or 24 hours anyways.

- On the 'Ponds' section on the store, click the '?' icon next to each item to see the type of fish living on it, how fast the fish grow again, etc.

- In general, the less fish in the water, the harder it gets.

2. We had to limit the amount of products you can have producing at the same time on each facility.

The risk of inflation is too high which could impact the game dinamics significantly. The general rule is, you can only have 15 days of continuos production pending for each recipe.

3. Sandwich Restaurant Facility (Coins) allows you to make:

- Standard Sandwich (Ham/Cheese)
- Sandwich with Veggies (add Lettuce and Tomatoes)
- Sandwich Supreme (Add Pickles and Onions) -> Get pickles from friends for now, later on you will be able to produce them on the Food Preserve Factory.
- Hotdog -> get Sausage from friends or order them from the Semi-Truck tool. Get Ketchup from friends or make it on the Food Preserve Factory.

4. Food Preserve Factory (FarmCash) allows you to make:

- Strawberry and Blackberry Jams
- Pear and Peach Slices in Conserve
- Orange Marmalade
- Ketchup
- Fruit Cocktail

5. 7 new crops available:

Lettuce, Peanut, Mint, Grape Tomato, Celery, Garlic and Ginger.

6. In the storage, there is now a '?' button next to each product that can be used as ingredient for other products. This will allow you to quickly make a better decision about selling the item or use it to create other products.

Sorry for the long post.

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul
Everyone says you get the fishing pole in the tools section, All I have are tractors and a trailer truck and seeders in my tools. So how do I get the fishing pole?

Thanks
Andromyda
Old May 10 2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromyda View Post
Everyone says you get the fishing pole in the tools section, All I have are tractors and a trailer truck and seeders in my tools. So how do I get the fishing pole?

Thanks
Andromyda
They dont mean the tools in the store. It is above or below the watering can.
Closed Thread