Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old May 07 2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichmondGuy View Post
No, I'm clicking the facebook shortcut as I always do.
The problem happens in FireFox. I tried using Opera a little while ago, and it seems to work just fine. Had about 40 pages of gifts and (mostly expired) train boosts waiting. I can use Opera in the sort term, but find it slower than FireFox. So, this isn't an urgent problem, but am still looking forward to resolution.

Thanks again.
Hi RichmondGuy

Tiger is not available at this moment.

Please be sure that 3rd party cookies are still allowed in Firefox. If you need instructions please visit the following thread:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

If you make any changes then please restart your browser. Aslo check if you have any pending update for Windows or Mac in case you use it.

About gifts not showing up in your My Requests tab, this is a random problem that happens some times. It is a case of the data not transferring from Facebook to Farm Town as the gift processing is done through Facebook. Most of the time they will show back up in a few days in your My Requests.

You can check the following link and see if your gifts are there Facebook Games Activity

If they are you can accept them through there or wait and see if they will show back up in your My Requests. Do not boost trains using the Activity page or you will get an error.
Please visit the following link to know how to work through the Activity page:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...50#post6364950
Old May 07 2022, 08:59 AM

Marymarcel,
Thank you for your reply.

Quote:
About gifts not showing up in your My Requests tab, this is a random problem that happens some times. It is a case of the data not transferring from Facebook to Farm Town as the gift processing is done through Facebook. Most of the time they will show back up in a few days in your My Requests.
The gifts were showing up in My Requests, but any gifts I collected would not appear in the gift box. I only mentioned that because this problem started at the same time the error message began to appear.

I will check your other suggestion and will reply if that works.

Thanks again.
Old May 07 2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Marymarcel,
Thank you for your reply.

The gifts were showing up in My Requests, but any gifts I collected would not appear in the gift box. I only mentioned that because this problem started at the same time the error message began to appear.

I will check your other suggestion and will reply if that works.

Thanks again.
If gifts didnt show up in your gifts box, then it looks like they had already been accepted.

Let us know how this go after checking 3rd party cookies and work through the Activity page.

Thanks
Old May 07 2022, 09:13 AM

Marymarcel,

Quote:
Let us know how this go after checking 3rd party cookies and work through the Activity page.
I added the suggested urls to pop-up and cookie exceptions, applied the changes, closed firefox and restarted, and the problem persists.

I won't be using the activity page as Opera is an acceptable short term substitute.

Thanks again.
Old May 07 2022, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Marymarcel,

I added the suggested urls to pop-up and cookie exceptions, applied the changes, closed firefox and restarted, and the problem persists.

I won't be using the activity page as Opera is an acceptable short term substitute.

Thanks again.
You should use the Activity in Firefox not Opera.

Just to be sure, which is the lastest version for your Firefox?

Also, did you restart your computer?
Old May 07 2022, 10:13 AM

Marymarcel,

Quote:
You should use the Activity in Firefox not Opera.

Just to be sure, which is the lastest version for your Firefox?

Also, did you restart your computer?
Computer and router have been restarted several times.

Firefox is up to date as previously stated, v100.0 for Windows 64-bit.

I ran firefox up again and compared the gifts in My Requests with the gifts on the Activity page, and they appeared to be in sync.
Tried collecting one gift under My Requests. It didn't show up in the giftbox.
Went back to the gift page under My Requests, and it was still there. Refreshed the Activity page, and it was still there.
Accepted the tomato gift on the Activity page, and received it. Refreshed My Requests and the tomato gift was gone, which is correct.

Please don't use up any more of your time on this post, but I would ask that you contact the developers and see if they know what would cause this error message. I'll check back in a few days to see if there is any update.
Old May 07 2022, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Marymarcel,

Computer and router have been restarted several times.

Firefox is up to date as previously stated, v100.0 for Windows 64-bit.

I ran firefox up again and compared the gifts in My Requests with the gifts on the Activity page, and they appeared to be in sync.
Tried collecting one gift under My Requests. It didn't show up in the giftbox.
Went back to the gift page under My Requests, and it was still there. Refreshed the Activity page, and it was still there.
Accepted the tomato gift on the Activity page, and received it. Refreshed My Requests and the tomato gift was gone, which is correct.

Please don't use up any more of your time on this post, but I would ask that you contact the developers and see if they know what would cause this error message. I'll check back in a few days to see if there is any update.
Hi RichmondGuy

As I said before it is a problem trasfering data from Facebook to the game.

Please contact Support and let them check on this problem. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you dont find the automatic response, then please read the following information:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Old May 13 2022, 02:31 PM

Default no gifts

why am I not receiving my gifts from neighbors? I used to get a bunch of them and neighbors say they are sending them but I am not receiving them. what can i do to fix it?
Old May 13 2022, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshifted@aol.com View Post
why am I not receiving my gifts from neighbors? I used to get a bunch of them and neighbors say they are sending them but I am not receiving them. what can i do to fix it?
Hi nightshifted

I moved your post to the thread about Gifts.

This is a random problem that happens sometimes. It is a case of the data not transferring from Facebook to Farm Town as the gift processing is done through Facebook. Most of the time they will show back up in a few days in your My Requests.

You can check the following link and see if your gifts are there Facebook Games Activity

If they are you can accept them through there or wait and see if they will show back up in your My Requests. Please visit the following link to know how to work through the Activity page:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...50#post6364950

You can try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and check again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Old May 16 2022, 08:01 AM

I get these announcements on my screen when i am farming that a neighbor has offered me a "free gift" at no charge.. Curious as to how I can return that favor.. I have tried to find something in the help and support section but to no avail.. Do I need a gift machine or something that I do not presently have.. Thank you ...

Tags
bugs and glitches, flowers, fuel, gifts, gifts issues, help & support