Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Nov 23 2021, 06:00 AM

Default Farm Town Really Slow

Farm Town is so slow that I can hardly move my mouse across someones farm when working it. I've cleared my farm town memcache, browser history and my windows for my laptop is up to date as well as my Opera browser
Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ITL05, 11th Gen, i7

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1959&farm_ix=0

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...c_location=ufi

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88
Old Nov 23 2021, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra_J View Post
Farm Town is so slow that I can hardly move my mouse across someones farm when working it. I've cleared my farm town memcache, browser history and my windows for my laptop is up to date as well as my Opera browser
Hi Alexandra

Please follow the suggestions given in the first post, first page of this thread and see if they help you.
Old May 19 2022, 05:01 PM

my farm town is loading very slowly particularly 1st thing in the morning
Old May 19 2022, 05:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda1955 View Post
my farm town is loading very slowly particularly 1st thing in the morning
Hi Amanda,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about slow loading.
Are you clearing your browser cache either manually or automatically when you are ready to close the browser at the end of playing Farm Town? If you are then that would be why it is loading slowly in the morning as the game has to redownload all the graphics for the game.
If that is not it there are other causes for slow loading in the first post of this thread.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 05 2022, 08:41 AM
Account Not Linked

Default SLOW adding fish ponds, and ice ponds (Pike Walleye)dont harvst

As I add ponds the page shows a 0% for each click . . . The game is way slow lags real bad . . .,,, Then I have added several ice ponds and been throw several harvests and not getting the fish , , ID 100007726035220 Build No: 318
Old Jun 05 2022, 09:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justlearnin View Post
As I add ponds the page shows a 0% for each click . . . The game is way slow lags real bad . . .,,, Then I have added several ice ponds and been throw several harvests and not getting the fish , , ID 100007726035220 Build No: 318
Hi Justlearnin,
I have moved your post to the thread about running slow.
There are many possible reasons why your game is running slow. Please try the suggestions in the first post of this thread.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 14 2022, 10:30 AM

Mouse movement over game is VERY slow and draggy, and at times won't even click and do the task needed.It is NOT my mouse as it is fine anywhere else in other programs etc. What is up???
Old Jun 14 2022, 10:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
Mouse movement over game is VERY slow and draggy, and at times won't even click and do the task needed.It is NOT my mouse as it is fine anywhere else in other programs etc. What is up???
Hi Riap,
Only things that can cause that would be the mouse itself or the internet between you and the servers. The server does not control that speed of movement. Please try restarting your computer and maybe even your router to see if those help.
Old Jun 14 2022, 09:03 PM

Apparently it had to be the FT memcache because I cleared that and it stopped dragging and not working. Had naught to do with my mice and/or our speedy internet. \The memcache clears our game cache on the game itself no? Anyway glad it worked because that would have been IMPOSSIBLE to play like that. I hope they player above experiencing the same thing had success at clearing the problem.
Since this is an intermittent problem, it may not be player'sinternet/mice/etc problems but something with the game, perhaps individual servers??? Just a thought since clearing the FT memcache did work today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Riap,
Only things that can cause that would be the mouse itself or the internet between you and the servers. The server does not control that speed of movement. Please try restarting your computer and maybe even your router to see if those help.
Old Jun 14 2022, 09:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
Apparently it had to be the FT memcache because I cleared that and it stopped dragging and not working. Had naught to do with my mice and/or our speedy internet. \The memcache clears our game cache on the game itself no? Anyway glad it worked because that would have been IMPOSSIBLE to play like that. I hope they player above experiencing the same thing had success at clearing the problem.
Since this is an intermittent problem, it may not be player'sinternet/mice/etc problems but something with the game, perhaps individual servers??? Just a thought since clearing the FT memcache did work today.
Hi Riap,
There aren't separate servers for everyone. We are all on the same server. There are separate accounts with your data. If your data had gotten corrupted then yes that could cause it. But that is not the only possible cause.

Your speedy internet is only one link in the many links between you and the Facebook app server and then many more links between it and the Farm Town servers. Any one of those links can cause slowdowns due to data being delayed or data not getting through at all if a link is down.

Tags
slow, slow game, slow loading, slow running, slow saving