Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 21 2023, 05:01 PM

its going take me 10 years to know this info daily in mean time i guess i try remember post same time i work facilities.
Old Aug 21 2023, 05:06 PM

just someone worked my facilitys and i couldnt remeber if i posted already cause i didnt want double post. i know links work longer just be a lot easier on my brain if i knew for sure.
Old Aug 21 2023, 05:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larwin View Post
just someone worked my facilitys and i couldnt remeber if i posted already cause i didnt want double post. i know links work longer just be a lot easier on my brain if i knew for sure.
Hi Larwin,
You will not have double posts. Any previous posts are removed from their list so they only see the latest posts.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 21 2023, 05:26 PM

ok so i can post again as often as i want it wont spam my posts?

thanks taz i try remeber this. im old school farmtown lol
Old Aug 21 2023, 07:10 PM

every thing had a clear slate to work others facilities. there was no pink box or pink writing. it continued to happen as i kept working and then refresh the "windows" page. i noticed that just before it occurred the bottom of the ft page (where it shows the neighbors that helped) would start scrolling something that looked like program notes. once i reloaded the page i't would let me continue with the working the remainder of the farms. i had to do this for each neighbor so it's unlikely they all were reloading. they were also newly posted. there was also one post, that after completed, wouldn't register pink box or pink writing. i logged out, rebooted, logged back in and it was the same. i found an old post of yours and cleared memcache a couple of times too. this seemed to help me. it's only happened since the new site so i thought you guys were tweaking things and didn't mention it. seem like the memcache clearing helped. if/when it happends again, i will try that first and if it continues i will let you know. thanks for your time and help.
Old Aug 21 2023, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie256 View Post
every thing had a clear slate to work others facilities. there was no pink box or pink writing. it continued to happen as i kept working and then refresh the "windows" page. i noticed that just before it occurred the bottom of the ft page (where it shows the neighbors that helped) would start scrolling something that looked like program notes. once i reloaded the page i't would let me continue with the working the remainder of the farms. i had to do this for each neighbor so it's unlikely they all were reloading. they were also newly posted. there was also one post, that after completed, wouldn't register pink box or pink writing. i logged out, rebooted, logged back in and it was the same. i found an old post of yours and cleared memcache a couple of times too. this seemed to help me. it's only happened since the new site so i thought you guys were tweaking things and didn't mention it. seem like the memcache clearing helped. if/when it happends again, i will try that first and if it continues i will let you know. thanks for your time and help.
Hi Carrie

Ah! then you were getting errors in the console below the game screen.

If this happens to you again, please try to copy and paste those errors here in your post.

Also, be sure your browser and computer system are up to date, if you do any update, then it is better to restart your computer.

I dont know how many tabs you open while working your neighbors/buddies facilities, but you can start opening 4 tabs and if they work correctly then open 2 more, and then 2 more. Sometimes when you have many tabs open while working facilities could make you get errors and/or not all facilites being worked.
Old Aug 22 2023, 05:41 AM
Account Not Linked

Default wall requests

my facility wall requests from other players all show up that I have already worked those facilities when I have not worked them in the last 24 hours. This is really causing an issue with my neighborhood chains contest. I have cleared my cash and tried logging in on different browsers and I still get the same message that the mayor has already helped with those facilities. I am 100 percent positive I have not worked those in the last 24 hours.
Old Aug 22 2023, 06:56 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrabs View Post
my facility wall requests from other players all show up that I have already worked those facilities when I have not worked them in the last 24 hours. This is really causing an issue with my neighborhood chains contest. I have cleared my cash and tried logging in on different browsers and I still get the same message that the mayor has already helped with those facilities. I am 100 percent positive I have not worked those in the last 24 hours.
Hi agrabs,

Did you check the Show Times clock in your Toolbox to see if you had green check marks on both Rework Facilities and Rework Service Facilities before you started working facilities today for any friend?

If you did not it can be difficult to determine what has caused the issue today.

A known issue that can cause problems with timings on the farm is if your computer date or time was off when you loaded the game. Please check that all aspects of the time and date are still showing correct.

If you don't tend to log out of the website daily you can also do that to make sure you are in the current version of the game.

You can if you wish, run memcache, this will not reset the 8 hour timer but can clear any issues in your data that may have caused a problem.
To do that make sure that you are still logged into the website, then click on this link:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

A new browser tab will open and you will see a list of Unsetting. That's the memcache run, close that tab and the game if it's open in another browser tab. Then reload your game.

It's up to you what you would like to do now that you know you can't work facilities for all of your friends:
  1. Either see if you can work anyone's facilities at all and know that you won't be able to work everyone's today

OR

2. You stop working any facilities for any friends at all now and wait out the time showing in Show Times until you see that have green check marks for both Rework Facilities and Rework Service Facilities. Then you should be able to work them all.
In case you are not sure how to check Show Times:
Open your your toolbox and look for the Show Times clock in the second column on the left side.

Click on it and then Look in the Gamewide section.

There is a countdown timer that resets to 8 hours each time you work any facilities.
There is one for Regular Facilities and another one for Service Facilities.
You want to see green check marks instead of a time.

The time showing when you don't see the green check marks is approximate so always make sure that you reload the game before checking for those green check marks because if you start working facilities and are only seconds too early, that 8 hour timer will reset back to 8 hours again and you will be back in the same situation.

You can also check that time is counting down correctly if there's a long time showing on it. For example if it was showing 7 hours, check it in just over an hours time and make sure it is still counting down when you have not worked anyone's facilities at all.
When it comes to the NCC although you aren't able to work facilities for friends right now, your Neighbours and Buddies will still be able to help you with working your facilities so that you can still refill them and still earn points for the NCC.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Aug 22 2023 at 07:01 AM.
Old Aug 22 2023, 01:54 PM

thanks!
i never thought of opening extra tabs to work facilities. this might be a game changer! thanks. i will try that if it doesn't cause me any problems. haven't had any issues for two days now so i think clearing memcache fixed me up.
btw ... i have to keep searching for the memchche address. i guess the old one i had was connected to fb. is there a short cut to it without going thru so many post to keep finding it?
Old Aug 22 2023, 01:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie256 View Post
thanks!
i never thought of opening extra tabs to work facilities. this might be a game changer! thanks. i will try that if it doesn't cause me any problems. haven't had any issues for two days now so i think clearing memcache fixed me up.
btw ... i have to keep searching for the memchche address. i guess the old one i had was connected to fb. is there a short cut to it without going thru so many post to keep finding it?
Hi Carrie,
You can always bookmark it. It is:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Tags
can't post, can't work facs, can't work services, facility wall requests, news feed, other wall requests, posts not showing, wall requests