Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Feb 20 2014, 10:25 AM

Thumbs up Quests soon yielding FC or Ingredients

I'm a Questie! I love them! I have a couple of questions about them and the soon to come FC or Ingredients.

What are the rules going to be?
1. How many Quests back will be used to qualify for 'recent' Quest performance? How is my performance going to be graded?
2. Do I get graded on speed of completion? For example the Quest states I have 7 days to complete it and this one is multiple steps including producing champagne barrels, champagne aged 5 years, then making a item for the airline food? If I used a lifeline and it will be completed in a matter of hours but if I use the regular facility loading and waiting it could take several days.
3. If speed is graded, is it to my benefit to use lifelines - especially the employee when I can run someone's factories and pick up ingredients and items in 10 minutes or is it the same if I load the factory that produces those ingredients? The latter, of course takes much longer.
4. When the Quest is completed, does 'when' I click redeem or complete that the Quest is ended or simply when the Quest is completed on the program?

Love this game, thank the Developers and love the Moderators!
Old Feb 20 2014, 10:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie View Post
I'm a Questie! I love them! I have a couple of questions about them and the soon to come FC or Ingredients.

What are the rules going to be?
1. How many Quests back will be used to qualify for 'recent' Quest performance? How is my performance going to be graded?
2. Do I get graded on speed of completion? For example the Quest states I have 7 days to complete it and this one is multiple steps including producing champagne barrels, champagne aged 5 years, then making a item for the airline food? If I used a lifeline and it will be completed in a matter of hours but if I use the regular facility loading and waiting it could take several days.
3. If speed is graded, is it to my benefit to use lifelines - especially the employee when I can run someone's factories and pick up ingredients and items in 10 minutes or is it the same if I load the factory that produces those ingredients? The latter, of course takes much longer.
4. When the Quest is completed, does 'when' I click redeem or complete that the Quest is ended or simply when the Quest is completed on the program?

Only the developers know how it will work at present and they haven't said. I am sure Raul will post how it will work when it is implemented.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 21 2014, 08:40 AM

Default employee lifeline

This is probably the wrong place, but maybe someone can help. I was under the understanding that if you have the employee lifeline you can work at a friend's facility, however EVERY time I get that lifeline and do the work at a friend's facility, I get nothing.
Old Feb 21 2014, 08:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphnizz View Post
This is probably the wrong place, but maybe someone can help. I was under the understanding that if you have the employee lifeline you can work at a friend's facility, however EVERY time I get that lifeline and do the work at a friend's facility, I get nothing.
It would also depend on that friend producing the product you need in their facility.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 21 2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphnizz View Post
Yes to what dah Taz said re. your friend has to have that product in production, but don't forget that if you have to produce something that has stainless steel in it then you must first start production and finish the Iron Ore and Chromite Ore steps. Only when those ingredients are completed can you then work someone's factory and complete the step for producing stainless steel sheets. If the product contains corn you must first harvest corn then the factory requiring the corn step will be completed once you work it.
Old Feb 23 2014, 02:01 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie View Post

i think you have to redeem the quest to stop the clock.

i've been getting 10-15 million for quests but last night i forgot to redeem the quest and this morning i only got 4 million for it.
Old Feb 23 2014, 03:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eradani View Post
i think you have to redeem the quest to stop the clock.

i've been getting 10-15 million for quests but last night i forgot to redeem the quest and this morning i only got 4 million for it.
The amount you get depends on how many steps it has and how quickly you finish it. The clock stops when the last step is complete.
Old Mar 02 2014, 10:20 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
The amount you get depends on how many steps it has and how quickly you finish it. The clock stops when the last step is complete.
that's really useful to know. i don't have to stay up and wait for the completion then

Dear Random Number Generator

it took me a while to find this post again and in the meantime i have had nothing but 2 and 3 step quests. i appreciate your sense of irony but plz let me go back to long quests. kkthxbye

haha
Old Mar 05 2014, 07:13 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default employees or just myself?

If I have a field of crops that I need for a quest. if I hire someone to harvest it, does it count towards the quest or do I have to harvest it myself?
Old Mar 05 2014, 07:41 PM

Hi, you need to harvest the correct amount for your quest yourself. if you hire, it will NOT count.
Thank You と Happy Farming™ シ
Quote:
Originally Posted by slartismum View Post
If I have a field of crops that I need for a quest. if I hire someone to harvest it, does it count towards the quest or do I have to harvest it myself?