Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 06 2022, 12:25 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0202NWOTMRAF View Post
i know that we can set a farm for our super neighbors to be able to edit and move that dot around as needed BUT when we are on a super neighbor farm and click the bottom right, it shows our farms AND a different red dot.

i have X super neighbor's dot set to my default farm, which is 2 BUT while i am on their farm and click the bottom right, when it shows my farms, i see a different red dot.

i've added the image with the image uploader AND as an attachment.

thanks for your assistance.

also, just to verify, 100%. our super neighbors CANNOT use our tools, even on the red dot farms?

Hi 0202NWOTMRAF,

When you set a neighbour as a super neighbour, you don't see the same red dot they do unless you both happened to have set each other to design the same number farm.

So your super neighbour sees a red dot on your farm 2 in the grid when they visit you and then use the home icon to return home because you set them to design your farm 2.

The farm in the picture the design privileges are set for a different number farm, farm33. That's the farm they have set to allow you to design, so when you click on the home icon to return home from their farm, you see the red dot for farm 33 as that's what they set for you.

Yes super neighbours can use some of your tools. It depends on what it is you want them to do as to whether or not they can use them as long as the farm isn't private or the super neighbour permission disabled on that farm.

For basic farming work as long as you both have your tools in Item storage and they are the bigger ones, like the Farm Cash tools, they can use either their tools or yours. Tools use fuel so you would need to allow yours to be used should they not have any or are short on fuel.

For design work, plowing NEW fields, deleting fields, moving things around, buying coin items, you need to give extra permissions as those allow the use of other tools and the plowing of new fields. Some designing requires permission to you use your coins like plowing new fields and buying coin items for you. They won't be able to buy/sell animals or add them to your animal sheds, nor can they add any items on your farms to your Item storage. They won't be able to buy anything costing Farm Cash. If they tried to do that they would see the various items as locked in the store and the various tools that can be used to store would be greyed out to them.

More details in the game guide if you would like to see them, here's the link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...26#post6024726

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 06 2022, 12:30 PM

ok. a neighbor and i figured out it is probably showing the original farm number in the bottom right, (the image above) BEFORE i/we rearranged our farms.

BUT that image above does not seem to accuratley reflect fertilized/irrigated farms correctly. the friend has her farms in the proper order but displays the incorrect fert/irri farm info. not a big deal though.
Old Apr 06 2022, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi 0202NWOTMRAF,
p=6024726#post6024726[/url]
thanks for the assistance. i'll read through and slowly digest that info.
Old Apr 06 2022, 01:37 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
ok. a neighbor and i figured out it is probably showing the original farm number in the bottom right, (the image above) BEFORE i/we rearranged our farms.

BUT that image above does not seem to accuratley reflect fertilized/irrigated farms correctly. the friend has her farms in the proper order but displays the incorrect fert/irri farm info. not a big deal though.
Hi 0202NWOTMRAF,

The home icon can't show you every possibility. The blue which will immediately shows on all of them if you just visit and then were to click the home icon isn't easy to see which farms are fertilized. If you went there and used show work info to find the farms with work on them then worked those then clicked the Home icon, then those fertilized farms would be easier to see as you have already done the work.

Another example where that blue will still show up is if you had all farms but the farmer you were an SN for did not have them all. In that case you will still see all of your farms to be able to use it to return home, but those that they don't own will stay blue.

You're better off checking things like fertilization and irrigation by using the grid top left of the farm screen and using SHOW NAMES then click on Show Extra farm Info to see which ones have been done.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 06 2022, 04:35 PM

this one seems weird.

i have my farms rearranged from the default order. kind of just the way it worked out during the game switchover.

when i try to expand farm (default 3) but is moved elsewhere, at the realtor office, i says i need 30 neighbors BUT my farm 4 (default 4) does not. it is 52x52.

i THINK that there may be a small glitch for where a farm is currently vs what the actual default farm number is.

i currently have 44 total farms and many 50x50 and one 52x52 and i haven't seen any neighbor requisit messages in a long time.

my farm 3 is currently in farm position 17.

this isn't causing me any problems but thought i'd share the info.
Old Apr 06 2022, 08:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
this one seems weird.

i have my farms rearranged from the default order. kind of just the way it worked out during the game switchover.

when i try to expand farm (default 3) but is moved elsewhere, at the realtor office, i says i need 30 neighbors BUT my farm 4 (default 4) does not. it is 52x52.

i THINK that there may be a small glitch for where a farm is currently vs what the actual default farm number is.

i currently have 44 total farms and many 50x50 and one 52x52 and i haven't seen any neighbor requisit messages in a long time.

my farm 3 is currently in farm position 17.

this isn't causing me any problems but thought i'd share the info.
Hi 0202NWOTMRAF,
It is not a glitch. Farm 3 has always required at least 30 neighbors for the expansions. It doesn't matter where you move it. However, once you have bought the first part of farm 3 then you can buy the rest of the farms and their expansions without any restrictions.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 08 2022, 08:04 AM

Default Vacations

I'm curious- Is there an easier way to notify your neighbours that you will be going on holidays ? Especially if it's more then 2 weeks.
Old Apr 08 2022, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy44 View Post
I'm curious- Is there an easier way to notify your neighbours that you will be going on holidays ? Especially if it's more then 2 weeks.
Hi tuffy44

I usually post on my facebook profile if Im going out with the audience only to my lists of farmtown friends.
I do that about 3 days earlier specially for the ones who could have me as their 30th port.
Old Apr 08 2022, 02:48 PM
Kylara
Account Not Linked

Default Adding Neighbors

N/M. I got the pop up to let me see my friend list, but the names I need do not show up in my list.

Last edited by Kylara; Apr 08 2022 at 03:04 PM.
Old Apr 08 2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylara View Post
When I try adding new neighbors with the invite button, it will not load for me. I don't know what else to do.

Hi Kylara

I moved your post to the thread about Neighbors.

The invite button doesnt work to add Neighbors, it only works to invite friends who do not play the game.

If you have added new friends and now you want to add them as neighbors, then you have to find them in your My Neighbors tab.

When you find them, then click in Add as a Neighbor button and you will be able to send them a requests.
When you send the request, their background will turn light yellow and when they accept the request, the background will turn blue.

If they are recent facebook friends, it is possible you will not find them in your My Neighbors tab as Facebook is not very fast to add them to the lists.
To accelerate this, please run memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings, close that window and your farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen your farms and check My Neighbors tab.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

You have full information about Neighbors in the following link from our Game Guide:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314834

Tags
archived farm, beige dot, blue dot, can't add neighbour, colored dots, coloured dots, dots, green dot, invite, neighbor, neighbor requests, neighbors, neighbour, new neighbours, purple dot, red dot, remove neighbour, super neighbor, super neighbor tools, super neighbors