Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Sep 14 2020, 06:24 AM

When I accept gifts, the next time I accept them they are the same. I have to clear my activity to remove the gifts I've accepted. Also, instead of names appearing on neighbors activity with my farms, it continually reads "someone". No names appear on the request walls. I have cleared my memcache, my browsing history and tried other browsers and it still happens. Help please. thank you
Old Sep 14 2020, 07:52 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diannawolfe View Post
When I accept gifts, the next time I accept them they are the same. I have to clear my activity to remove the gifts I've accepted. Also, instead of names appearing on neighbors activity with my farms, it continually reads "someone". No names appear on the request walls. I have cleared my memcache, my browsing history and tried other browsers and it still happens. Help please. thank you
Hi diannawolfe,

The names not showing is usually a temporary issue with getting the information about who your friends are that play from Facebook. Those tend to resolve without you needing to do anything. Are all of them showing without a name or only some of them?

Are you on the new version of Facebook or the old Classic version? Some members are saying that not being on the new version is what caused their problem with gifting, and switching to the new version resolved it for them. However, we do know that there are many using both versions and not having these problems with gifting. If you decide to try that then you might not be able to get the classic version back again as we're all being forced to use the new version.

If you don't want to try that or are already on the new version of Facebook continue reading:

Please double check that your browser is up to date and that you still have 3rd party cookies and pops allowed in the browser you are using, in case any setting for that has changed when it updated.

For your stuck gifts, it's sounding like you have more stuck gifts than you are clearing from the Facebook Games Activity area which is why it keeps happening. When you're in that area, are you trying to accept the gifts or are you clicking the X to remove them? You need to click the X if you're not.

If you're already doing that you need to clear more of them out, So accept any new gifts that are in My Requests and boost any trains showing.
Go to your game and make sure there are no train boosts in the Train Manager either, if there are, boost them.

Then go back to the Facebook Games activity page, here's the link in case you need it again: https://www.facebook.com/games/activity
Then click the Ignore All top right of the requests to ignore the first 100 requests. If there is not 100 gifts showing, reload that page and see if any more show up and if you recognise those as also being ones you have already accepted. If you do, clear all of those out as well. If there are any train boosts you need to click the X on those to remove them.

That section of Facebook can only show you up to 100 requests at a time so if clearing the 1st 100 doesn't resolve your problem or it comes back again, you will have to go back to that area more than once to clear more of them out and you may end up having to clear all of them out, so it's entirely up top you if you just want to keep returning to that area and keep clearing the whole lot out so you can start over with new gifts.

If none of this helps resolve your problem then it's time for you to go to support with this.

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 14 2020 at 07:59 AM.
Old Sep 14 2020, 04:41 PM

....I have tried all of the above and I still cannot clear my gifts.....and there are no names either.....
Old Sep 14 2020, 05:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuzlady View Post
....I have tried all of the above and I still cannot clear my gifts.....and there are no names either.....
Hi cactuzlady,
If you have tried clearing the gifts through the Games/Activity list in the following link then you will need to go through all of those again and click the X to remove them:
https://www.facebook.com/games/activity

For the names missing you will need to wait as that will usually clear up in a few days.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 17 2020, 08:46 PM
Account Not Linked

I know I'm not the only one but when I go to gifts I can collect the first page and send them a gift back but then when I click to do the next page the same page I just did comes up so can't get the rest of the gifts or trains. I cleaned everything and reloaded.
Old Sep 17 2020, 08:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Farmer (Dawn Lowery) View Post
I know I'm not the only one but when I go to gifts I can collect the first page and send them a gift back but then when I click to do the next page the same page I just did comes up so can't get the rest of the gifts or trains. I cleaned everything and reloaded.
Hi Dawn,
Stuck gifts happens time to time and no-one knows why it appears to happen at random. You get it when the gifts you have already accepted don't clear from the Facebook Games area for game requests. So you're probably going to have to go clear them all out from there until they are all gone.

Now some are convinced that it's due to the new Facebook version that we are all being forced on to, because when they have switched to the new version they found that the problem went away. However, we know there are many that are already using the new version and many still using the old classic version, that are not having this problem. If you are not on the old new version and wanted to try that, you may not be able to switch back to the old version again. So it's up to you if you want to try that.

If you don't want to try that, or are already using the new version of Facebook then please do the following:

Go to My Requests and clear any gifts out that are not stuck and make sure you have boosted any trains showing up there that you can as well. Load your game and make sure you boost any trains showing in the Train Manager.

Then, please click on this link and look for Farm Town Requests. Do not try to boost any trains from there, if you try to, you will see a message telling you that it could not be processed. If you have any stuck train requests you will have to click the x to ignore those to clear them.

https://www.facebook.com/games/activity

If you know which gifts are stuck don't try to accept them, click on the X to clear them out. They are ones already accepted so you don't get them anyway if you were to try accepting them. When you think you've cleared enough out, check My Requests again and see if it's corrected.

If it has not corrected after doing that, then you will need to return the activity page and clear more of them out, you may end up having to Ignore All of them. That area can only show you up to 100 gifts at a time, so you may need to return to that area more than once..

I'm giving you the link to the old method of accepting/exchanging gifts so you know exactly what you can and can't do in Facebook's Game Activity area for game requests. It has information on accepting one by one (don't accept the the ones you know are stuck), when you can and how to exchange one by one, how to ignore all of the requests without blocking them etc.
Old Method of Accepting/Exchanging Gifts

If you're not able to resolve this using those instructions, then you'll need to go to support. Here's the link to contact them,should you need it: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 20 2020, 09:41 AM

Is there anyway we can send facilities to neighbors ??? I see that the ones you can send cost Farm Cash.
I'd like to help my neighbors out that need them but don't have enough coins.
Old Sep 20 2020, 04:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy cat View Post
Is there anyway we can send facilities to neighbors ??? I see that the ones you can send cost Farm Cash.
I'd like to help my neighbors out that need them but don't have enough coins.
Hi sassy cat,
I have moved your post to the Help & Support thread about gifts. You can only gift farm cash items from the store to your neighbors.

If you want to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestion section instead of the social section. We organize the Suggestion section by subject for the developers to vies.
Old Sep 21 2020, 03:21 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Add me to the list of users unable to clear gifts. I have tried ignoring from both the game and the games activity link. I can clear them, but they come right back. Clearing the browser, using other browsers and memcache do not change the outcome.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 21 2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila_c View Post
Add me to the list of users unable to clear gifts. I have tried ignoring from both the game and the games activity link. I can clear them, but they come right back. Clearing the browser, using other browsers and memcache do not change the outcome.
Hi sheila_c

I'm sorry this is happening to you.

I will give you a link where it is explained how to accept/ignore gifts in the Activity for facebook. Please check to be sure you are not missing any steps.

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...50#post6364950

If that doesnt work for you then please contact Support team to let them check on this. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you dont receive the automatic response then read the following thread:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift limit, gifting, gifts, how many gifts, missing gifts, no gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, return gifts, send gifts, shrinking window, stuck gifts, window narrows