PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- April 03, 2010

Pages : 1 [2]

Charo
Apr 08 2010, 10:11 AM
30 neighbor rule is unfair.
expecting to pay for farmcash is unfair.
Been playing for long time and have acquired two farms. No more. So long folks. There is life after farmtown.

Life isn't fair, and the devs don't work for free. Try earning some FC to get stuff you want. I took the Netflix offer and got over 80 FC. Although I haven't paid a dime to the game, I have done things that will help them get paid. These offers are reciprocal agreements that help them get paid to bring us a game we love. Use them.

sunsetlovera
Apr 08 2010, 12:43 PM
can i move my facilities from one farm to another by putting them in storage?

But you cannot move animals from 1 farm to other :( :eek:

ortal
Apr 08 2010, 01:49 PM
If i add an animal on one farm can i 'harvest' it in my other farm? like can a wool shed in farm one pick up animals in farm 2?

do i needed a separate seeded in each farm?

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 08 2010, 03:02 PM
If i add an animal on one farm can i 'harvest' it in my other farm? like can a wool shed in farm one pick up animals in farm 2?

do i needed a separate seeded in each farm?

You would have to have separate ones. The animal has to be on the SAME farm as the facility.

merianb
Apr 08 2010, 05:15 PM
Has anyone noticed that the people who whine the most seem to have the fewest neighbors? I think there might be a connection. I for one, would like to thank the developers. Whenever you come up with something new, I look to see if it includes a challenge on my part. If it does, I work for it. Thanks again.

I agree. If there are no challenges, what's the point of playing? I was disappointed that I could completely upgrade my third farm with no leveling involved. I already have more than 30 active neighbors. I thought it was too easy.
Thanks Devs for giving us more things to do. I'm having a great time with my favorite game.

SunnyD
Apr 08 2010, 05:17 PM
you can store your seeder and use it on all three farms, just take it out of storage.... but it is a pain to do that..... Like one day I forgot that I had mine in storage and thought it had disappeared or just wasn't loading, kept reloading LOL..... yesterday I had two seeders on one farm and none at all on the others LOL..... Time to buy that 3rd seeder i know.......

MelsBrat
Apr 08 2010, 07:10 PM
It would be neat to have a coffee house of some kind!:)

SuzieRae
Apr 08 2010, 09:00 PM
Exactly!

That's the fun part of the facilities, well besideds earning lots of coins, figuring out how to budget everything and get what you need to make it all work.

I agree. It seems that some people need to have their hand held and walked through every step; what is up with that? Mess around with the game a bit, push a few buttons and experiment a some, you may figure things out on your own ... Trying to make it work without help is half the fun :)

To the person that asked (different post) ...

Keep your eggs to bake items.

Sell your goat cheese for now

Once you have sent all of the raw materials you need for a project to the proper facility, sell what is left in your storage if you want.

Sell your goose eggs

Sell your wool

And just for the record, if you help out other people in their chocolate factories and hang on to the chocolate liquor you earn, you may not get to bake a lot of chocolate items on a daily basis, but you will eventually get to bake cakes and cookies without spending 'real money' on the chocolate factory.

I didn't need to add new friends to get my third farm, but I made a few anyway and it is working out quite nicely. Thanks Farmtown for giving me the incentive to do so by offering the new facilities :)

SuzieRae
Apr 08 2010, 09:16 PM
I love the new facilities, however, I cannot harvest enough milk twice a day to use the crops I plant, and I try not to overplant, and still run out of milk and have to wait and wait..I have to make butter and cheese from the milk, also, then try to use my crops in the dairy facility to make yogurt, etc, and never have enough milk....can we either start harvesting cows more often, or get more milk when harvesting every 8 hours,,,,this is a real problem,,,I had to sell my strawberries and not use them because I didn't have enough milk...pls change this if at all possible, or I will have to sell my dairy facility....thanks for your quick response....:)

Okay, try this ... Do some work at other people's dairy farms; you can actually earn a lot of cheese that way, then you will have more milk left to make yogurt. I rarely (if ever) have to make regular cheese, yet I make a lot of pizzas and cheesecakes. Almost any problem can be resolved if you put a little thought and effort in to it. :)

Hay-Seed
Apr 09 2010, 03:02 AM
I hear you can get friends to process excess wheat into flower for me from my wheat stocks is this true and how do you do it?

Thank Hay-Seed

SunnyD
Apr 09 2010, 10:33 AM
I hear you can get friends to process excess wheat into flower for me from my wheat stocks is this true and how do you do it?

Thank Hay-Seed

as far as I know you only put into process what wheat you have through your windmill and send a notification for help through "What's Cooking" by clicking on the "process faster" button........

aremos
Apr 09 2010, 12:39 PM
Not true. I just made 30+ on the app of the day and some free insurance quote thing. No cash involved. The free insurance quote took about 3 minutes and 15 minutes later I had my cash. The free app took about a minute and I got my cash as soon as I got back to my farm.

Wonder how much spyware was added along with that Farm Cash and how often you will be getting spam mail from that insurance quote. There is enough spyware/malware added to our computers (even when protected) without adding all these free applications to get additional FarmCash. In my opinion, not a good idea and I for one won't be doing it.

nanajoe
Apr 09 2010, 12:58 PM
I looked into doing the app thing just so I could have a 3rd farm. There is a bubble game that I thought I might enjoy but I Googled the game site first. The site is notorious for putting bad stuff on your computer!!! Google it yourself!!!

I wanted a third farm so bad...........

meemee1955
Apr 09 2010, 01:12 PM
just tell me what I need to do to upgrade my 3rd farm

lulu836
Apr 09 2010, 01:41 PM
I looked into doing the app thing just so I could have a 3rd farm. There is a bubble game that I thought I might enjoy but I Googled the game site first. The site is notorious for putting bad stuff on your computer!!! Google it yourself!!!

I wanted a third farm so bad...........

I wanted a 3rd farm also and only had 14 neighbors. I swore I would never do this but I went to the social thread and posted my FB link. Then I started going through the posts and picked out a few I felt would be playing for a while and answered the requests. Today I have 35 neighbors and a 3rd farm which is already planted. I only took a little over 24 hours.

Charo
Apr 09 2010, 02:03 PM
Wonder how much spyware was added along with that Farm Cash and how often you will be getting spam mail from that insurance quote. There is enough spyware/malware added to our computers (even when protected) without adding all these free applications to get additional FarmCash. In my opinion, not a good idea and I for one won't be doing it.

Then don't. But realize that the devs DON'T WORK FOR FREE. Either do the reciprocal deals, or pay, or get more neighbors, or live with 2 farms. Either way, it's not changing so deal.

JAS0643
Apr 09 2010, 02:28 PM

First the only way you will get sypware malware added is if you download something. The app of the day doesn't ask you to download anything, you don't even have to allow the app on your account just clicking on the link gets you the 2 fc. Second the insurance quote and other things where you can join mailing list or sing up for updates about stuff, you will get a ton of spam mail from them, but there is a way around that. Get yourself a free email account like gmail, then use this email account for those offers and they can spam it all they wont you will not have to see it. I call this my junk email account. Any information they ask for can be made up except the email address. Sometimes you have to confirm you are joining this and they send you an email with a link to click on so you have to have access to the email account you give them. The other information like name, phone number, address make it up they will never know it is not real.

judith13
Apr 09 2010, 04:24 PM
Need help understanding new facilities....do i leave stuff in storeage until it is used or can I sell my crops right away or wait a day or 2 until they are being used in facilities?

lulu836
Apr 09 2010, 04:43 PM
First the only way you will get sypware malware added is if you download something. The app of the day doesn't ask you to download anything, you don't even have to allow the app on your account just clicking on the link gets you the 2 fc. Second the insurance quote and other things where you can join mailing list or sing up for updates about stuff, you will get a ton of spam mail from them, but there is a way around that. Get yourself a free email account like gmail, then use this email account for those offers and they can spam it all they wont you will not have to see it. I call this my junk email account. Any information they ask for can be made up except the email address. Sometimes you have to confirm you are joining this and they send you an email with a link to click on so you have to have access to the email account you give them. The other information like name, phone number, address make it up they will never know it is not real.

I hate to keep beating on this dead horse but the app of the day must be installed on your PC Also I've done about 4 of the survey type things and insurance things and they don't work either.

JAS0643
Apr 09 2010, 05:28 PM
I hate to keep beating on this dead horse but the app of the day must be installed on your PC Also I've done about 4 of the survey type things and insurance things and they don't work either.

I know it says you must install the app but you don't have to many of us have tried this just click on the link leave it on the allow page and a few minutes latter you get your fc. Even if you install the app of the day it will not download anything to your computer so there is no chance of virus or spyware being put on your computer, it is no different then what you did when you added farm town to your fb account. I have done the insurance and surveys and they have all worked for me as long as I did what was requested of me. There have been a few times that I had to send in information to super rewards, like the conformations email because the offer never reported that I completed it but once they got that information I was given the farm cash.

Charis123
Apr 09 2010, 06:21 PM
Hello, my Produce Faster is not working when I click on it. I am not able to put my request for farmers to come help at my farm on facebook. Can anyone help me? I added all my pineapples at once is that to much?

lulu836
Apr 09 2010, 06:41 PM
I know it says you must install the app but you don't have to many of us have tried this just click on the link leave it on the allow page and a few minutes latter you get your fc. Even if you install the app of the day it will not download anything to your computer so there is no chance of virus or spyware being put on your computer, it is no different then what you did when you added farm town to your fb account. I have done the insurance and surveys and they have all worked for me as long as I did what was requested of me. There have been a few times that I had to send in information to super rewards, like the conformations email because the offer never reported that I completed it but once they got that information I was given the farm cash.

Mea maxima culpa. You are absolutely correct. Sorry for the hard time :)

Gramps Farm
Apr 09 2010, 06:44 PM
Okay, Folks, I may be a "newbie: to the forum here but, I'm NOT a newbie to Farm Town!
The first thing I want to say is CUDOS to the developers of this fine game! The recent improvements they made to the game are DEAD ON!! :)
Now, I have just read a bunch of posts in here and decided to check one of my 3 farm accounts as far as the "3rd" farms requirements go.
#1. You MUST have farm 2 upgraded fully AND be at a certain level of play before farms 3 comes available for coins, WITH, of course the 30 neighbor requirement being met. #2. Once the 3rd farm is acquired, by EITHER means, as in the way mentioned above or, by "buying it" with FC, THEN the player may EITHER "buy" the future upgrades( With FC), OR, wait to level up and use coins to obtain them. Now, I just opened the Realtor's sales office in my 3 farm account and THAT is what I read in the pop-up window! ANYBODY that can READ should be able to figure it out!
As far as the Facilities go, I think they are the BEST thing the devs. could have come up with! :) It increased the "interest" level a thousand fold, in my opinion anyway.
True, I WAS getting a bit bored with the game until, one day, I opened one of my 5 accounts and, BAM! There it was, big as day! The NEW improvements notice! :)
I couldn't WAIT to start researching all the new "stuff"! Hahaha! Keep up the fantastic work folks! It's IS appreciated! Incidently, I have 5 farms, 2 of which have the 3rd farm and I haven't spent a single cent of FC to get either one of them! As soon as I get the other 3 leveled up, I'll be getting THOSE the 3rd farm too! :) HAPPY FARMING!! :)

JAS0643
Apr 09 2010, 08:10 PM
Mea maxima culpa. You are absolutely correct. Sorry for the hard time :)

It's okay we are cool. ;)

ai7
Apr 10 2010, 07:26 AM
Any idea how or when I get avocado trees to release?

JAS0643
Apr 10 2010, 02:16 PM
Any idea how or when I get avocado trees to release?

They unlock at level 42.

SueW170
Apr 11 2010, 01:22 AM
FT truly is excellent and hats off to the developers.:)
Any difficulties I have experienced in leveling up and thus the pace of progress in the game, have simply been a result of not many of my FB friends being active in FT and thus having a hard time qualifying for some things, such as now, hiring other players to plow at my farm. But that is not a fault of the game.
Getting 30 FT friends when I meet the other requirements to purchase Farm 3 probably isn't going to happen (that is close to my total number of FB friends since I mostly invite people I actually know), but I appreciate that the developers provide another option, Farm Cash.
So any suggestions about features that I've posted are that, suggestions, not criticisms. Well, except perhaps that blue-blue-blue water.

earlgray
Apr 11 2010, 02:18 AM
I really like the new facilities and enjoy working on those that belong to my neighbors. It adds a whole new dimension to the game as far as enjoyment and strategy. But I wish we did not need to issue a Facebook invitation for our neighbors to work on our facilities, that instead they could just work on them when they are on our farm just like they can water the flowers without an invitation. It gets tedious to keep posting the invitations, and it gets really tedious going back and forth between Facebook and Farmtown to work on multiple neighbors' facilities. I hope you will consider changing this.
I also wish that there were some provision for selling just some part of an item that one has in storage. For example, I might want to sell half of my sugar or flour, but not all of it.

TraceyMush
Apr 11 2010, 05:34 PM
Also, remember you can earn some Farm cash for free daily by installing the application of the day on the 'Earn coins' tab on the top right.

l love this! So glad l learned of it, l've been making FC everyday! Tomorrow l'm going to try the strategy suggested here,

Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post

SueW170
Apr 11 2010, 06:29 PM
Problem is, if one is a Mac user, most or all the aps of the day are for Windows only -- and only certain Windows Operating Syetems for that matter.

Also, remember you can earn some Farm cash for free daily by installing the application of the day on the 'Earn coins' tab on the top right.

l love this! So glad l learned of it, l've been making FC everyday! Tomorrow l'm going to try the strategy suggested here,

Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post

Mr. H
Apr 11 2010, 06:38 PM
I really like the new facilities and enjoy working on those that belong to my neighbors. It adds a whole new dimension to the game as far as enjoyment and strategy. But I wish we did not need to issue a Facebook invitation for our neighbors to work on our facilities, that instead they could just work on them when they are on our farm just like they can water the flowers without an invitation. It gets tedious to keep posting the invitations, and it gets really tedious going back and forth between Facebook and Farmtown to work on multiple neighbors' facilities. I hope you will consider changing this.
I also wish that there were some provision for selling just some part of an item that one has in storage. For example, I might want to sell half of my sugar or flour, but not all of it.

I post just once a day and haven't had a problem getting my facilities worked.

I save crops and things all day, load my facilities and post. I make it worth their while and they rush to work them. The first one or two that get there usually make a bunch.

I wouldn't count on less interaction between FT and FB. I certainly don't mind the little we have here on FT. Some of the other games require a lot more. A couple of friends are constantly posting for one game or another. Do this, send me this...it goes on forever. That's just the games I don't have blocked, lol.

bluemountain
Apr 11 2010, 06:51 PM
I HATE THIS **** SO MUCH! HERE IS A TWO CLASS SOCIETY! I HAVE NOT MANY NEIGHBOURS AND I DONT WANT TO HAVE SO MANY! BUYING THIRD FARM FOR **** MONEY IS THE WORST EVER! I HATE THE ******S WHO MADE THIS ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and now you can ban me becaiúse you will never accept the truth!

Mr. H
Apr 11 2010, 09:11 PM
Now, that's funny right there...I don't care who you are...

Tony D
Apr 12 2010, 02:49 AM
Now, that's funny right there...I don't care who you are...Another satisfied customer :D

Tony D
Apr 12 2010, 02:50 AM
I HATE THIS **** SO MUCH! HERE IS A TWO CLASS SOCIETY! I HAVE NOT MANY NEIGHBOURS AND I DONT WANT TO HAVE SO MANY! BUYING THIRD FARM FOR **** MONEY IS THE WORST EVER! I HATE THE ******S WHO MADE THIS ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and now you can ban me becaiúse you will never accept the truth!Don't hold back - tell us how you really feel

Charo
Apr 12 2010, 07:02 AM

So, does that mean that you work for free? Great! I want whatever you do for work, for free.

And by the way, I can see why you have so few neighbors.

Markey Mark
Apr 12 2010, 06:10 PM

Doesn't make any sense - you don't have many neighbors? Very hard to understand - life just isn't fair sometimes.

Personally, I like a two-class society. How else would the rest of us feel superior?

SuzieRae
Apr 12 2010, 07:06 PM

In November he hated not being able to buy trees, but felt farmtown should give them to him for free. Also in November he hated being forced to make friends and just wanted to be able to get gifts from all farmers.

He was on a real tirade in January (5 separate posts) In January he hated the game, said it was stupid, hated having to wait for the money and points to be counted when he was working on someone's farm, complaining that his avatar was getting in his way, hated the stuff he could buy with farm coins, and was complaining about having to spend money to get what he wanted.

Makes me wonder why someone who seems to hate the game so much has stayed so long? Talk about things that make you say Hmmmm. :rolleyes:

*Farmer Brad*
Apr 12 2010, 07:58 PM
I agree. It seems that some people need to have their hand held and walked through every step; what is up with that? Mess around with the game a bit, push a few buttons and experiment a some, you may figure things out on your own ... Trying to make it work without help is half the fun :)

To the person that asked (different post) ...

Keep your eggs to bake items.

Sell your goat cheese for now

Once you have sent all of the raw materials you need for a project to the proper facility, sell what is left in your storage if you want.

Sell your goose eggs

Sell your wool

And just for the record, if you help out other people in their chocolate factories and hang on to the chocolate liquor you earn, you may not get to bake a lot of chocolate items on a daily basis, but you will eventually get to bake cakes and cookies without spending 'real money' on the chocolate factory.

I didn't need to add new friends to get my third farm, but I made a few anyway and it is working out quite nicely. Thanks Farmtown for giving me the incentive to do so by offering the new facilities :)I totally agree! :)

Old Goat
Apr 12 2010, 09:19 PM
I totally agree! :)
Ditto. I'm still making mistakes in planning but it is all working out. I keep things like eggs in stock rather than use them all up 100% Now I have flour and eggs, at the same time :) all the time.

Duck Duck Goose
Apr 12 2010, 11:10 PM
In November he hated not being able to buy trees, but felt farmtown should give them to him for free. Also in November he hated being forced to make friends and just wanted to be able to get gifts from all farmers.

He was on a real tirade in January (5 separate posts) In January he hated the game, said it was stupid, hated having to wait for the money and points to be counted when he was working on someone's farm, complaining that his avatar was getting in his way, hated the stuff he could buy with farm coins, and was complaining about having to spend money to get what he wanted.

Makes me wonder why someone who seems to hate the game so much has stayed so long? Talk about things that make you say Hmmmm. :rolleyes:

Go get him suzie

Julia2654
Apr 13 2010, 09:06 AM
Ditto. I'm still making mistakes in planning but it is all working out. I keep things like eggs in stock rather than use them all up 100% Now I have flour and eggs, at the same time :) all the time.
and I'm hanging on to my walnuts (:rolleyes:) cos one of these days, the devs are gonna let me bake BROWNIES!! :p

Jericecil
Apr 13 2010, 12:53 PM
really getting tired of things being based on the amount of neighbors you have.
yes, tired of having to drum up more neighbors, for example, to get a third farm. It just won't happen for me, and don't know anyone of my fb friends who would actually buy farm cash or coin.

lulu836
Apr 13 2010, 03:15 PM
yes, tired of having to drum up more neighbors, for example, to get a third farm. It just won't happen for me, and don't know anyone of my fb friends who would actually buy farm cash or coin.

There are a ton of people asking for neighbors in the social thread. Go there write that you need neighbors and they will respond. Also you can pick out some people to ask to be your neighbor. Then make two lists. One list can be named Farmtown and one list can be named Friends or whatever you wish. Separate your friends that you know from your friends on Farmtown then edit the list and assign each person to the proper list. Your friends that you know will not receive the notification from FarmTown.

justmecookin
Apr 14 2010, 03:34 AM
Thank you Raul...love all the new items

coppergirl916
Apr 14 2010, 09:36 AM
My wool states that the animal are ready to harvest but when i click on it it states that there are no animals to harvest.. I get no wool nor do my factories work on my other farm so i deleted them.

lavanah
Apr 14 2010, 10:17 AM
I am so glad I found the app of the day so I can get free farm cash. I am saving up for a chocolate factory. Love this game. Are we going to have a factory for the wool?
Oh and also are our goose eggs used in the bakery?

iots028
Apr 14 2010, 11:06 AM
Neighbors are dropping like flies and you just frustrate the rest of us by requiring more neighbors for the new stuff.

amberdh
Apr 14 2010, 11:28 AM
My wool states that the animal are ready to harvest but when i click on it it states that there are no animals to harvest.. I get no wool nor do my factories work on my other farm so i deleted them.

Hi there. You need to have sheep on your farm. :)

WingmanFarm
Apr 15 2010, 09:14 AM

Well I can see why you don't have many neighbors.:rolleyes:

free1indeed
Apr 15 2010, 09:37 AM
I just went to make some coffee ice cream and it said I had to have "ground" coffee. I went to my windmil and only flour shows in there. HOW do I get "ground" coffee?:confused:

krbrown2000
Apr 15 2010, 09:50 AM
Ground coffee is a gift choice. Your friends have to send it to you, I guess.

I just went to make some coffee ice cream and it said I had to have "ground" coffee. I went to my windmil and only flour shows in there. HOW do I get "ground" coffee?:confused:

Karyn64
Apr 15 2010, 12:52 PM
I don't even have any of my *real* friends in my Top Friends anymore. The requirment for more neighbors is nuts. Please cut it back some.

TraceyMush
Apr 15 2010, 05:14 PM
I am tired of filling out the offers to only have 99% of them claim you didnt do what yo are supposed to do. wont do any more its a waste of time

l have had lots of success with the application of the day. Since it was posted here, l've made 16 Farm Cash. l haven't remembered to go everyday and once the app of the day was not posted there when l looked for it.
Remember, these are Facebook associated applications. Doesn't mean it's automatically safe, but safer than just anything off the Internet. Other FB associated apps? Farm Town, Yoville, Horoscope, Flair.....to mention a few.
Oh, and usually, the FC appears at your farm about 5 minutes latter - sometimes 15.

coppergirl916
Apr 18 2010, 09:00 AM
Thank you for the advice

TraceyMush
Apr 18 2010, 08:35 PM
Does the App of the day run out after a certain amount? The last few days l've been going and just find surveys and other offers - no app of the day. From my other FT accounts l'm still seeing an app of the day. (Offers l've already taken advantage of on this account.)