PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- January 17th, 2011

Pages : 1 [2] 3

bad_boy4u
Jan 19 2011, 02:35 PM
Can someone plz tell me what is a layered field or farm is and how do you go about doing it???

Rob T
Jan 19 2011, 02:40 PM
Can someone plz tell me what is a layered field or farm is and how do you go about doing it???

Layering is not condoned by the developers as it can cause damage to farms, and in some cases has been know to cause permanent damage, therefor, it is done at the players own risk, and no instruction will be given by the forum.

Aero 1
Jan 19 2011, 02:45 PM
Thank you once again for the update. Farm 8 is named and designed. I love this game. :)

River Island
Lighthouse Lane
Down Town
Wine and Dandy
Hilltop Green
Fresh Fields
Seventh Heaven Dairy
Gr-eight Tropicana

tricia g
Jan 19 2011, 03:16 PM
Wow, Thanx again. Fantastic game.
Thank you for giving us the new farm, and just a couple of facilities, now got plenty of field for crops lol.
Looking forward to fish bait now
Love this game, from a total addict

Alisha Nguyen
Jan 19 2011, 03:29 PM
5. Fishing with Bait (will launch probably in a couple of days): There will be 2 types of bait, freshwater bait and seawater bait. You can receive those baits as gifts from friends. If you have bait available when you catch a fish you will receive 2 fish instead of one. When you hire others to fish, your baits will be used and you will also get 2 fish instead of one, in this case, employees will get double the coins and will also get 2 fish instead of one when they receive their 'fish' bonus. After this feature is launched we will also consider giving XP when caching fish for owner and employees.

I like this. When is it?

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 03:37 PM
I like this. When is it?

In a couple of days....says it in red :)

Toranut97
Jan 19 2011, 04:41 PM
That's your opinion and you are welcome to it, just as I am entitled to mine. Overall, the modification does not make a great deal of difference unless you are willing to manipulate the facilities in such a way that it works, which does not allow for as much design freedom. Thanks for your comment.

OK, look. You spoke for everyone. I spoke for some. I dont require your permission to express my minority opinion, just as you don't need anyone's permission to express yours -- with which I did not argue. I merely stated that not every single person agreed with you.

And you are ever so welcome.

bad_boy4u
Jan 19 2011, 04:57 PM
Thank you verymuch rob
not be telling on anyone but i heard about that for the
first time today when someone else asked that in the market.
So i am glad that i came here to find out about it you have a
great new year...:D

Layering is not condoned by the developers as it can cause damage to farms, and in some cases has been know to cause permanent damage, therefor, it is done at the players own risk, and no instruction will be given by the forum.

KayGee
Jan 19 2011, 05:25 PM
OK, look. You spoke for everyone. I spoke for some. I dont require your permission to express my minority opinion, just as you don't need anyone's permission to express yours -- with which I did not argue. I merely stated that not every single person agreed with you.

And you are ever so welcome.

Actually you did argue...but whatever. Happy farming.

Zeeky Banutski
Jan 19 2011, 05:48 PM
And one more thought on the facilities - why do they need a maximum number of days (e.g., can only do up to 15 days at a time. etc.,)? Since each facility produces at a specific rate, it really doesn't make any sense to constrict how much product we can have "in-process" at any given time because only so much is produced at a time. Sometimes, I need to walk away from FT for a couple of days (like to go visit the grandkids) & it would be nice to be able to "front-load" my facilities such that my absence doesn't impact what my facilities are doing...

JAS0643
Jan 19 2011, 06:21 PM
And one more thought on the facilities - why do they need a maximum number of days (e.g., can only do up to 15 days at a time. etc.,)? Since each facility produces at a specific rate, it really doesn't make any sense to constrict how much product we can have "in-process" at any given time because only so much is produced at a time. Sometimes, I need to walk away from FT for a couple of days (like to go visit the grandkids) & it would be nice to be able to "front-load" my facilities such that my absence doesn't impact what my facilities are doing...

When facilities came out they didn't have a limit and people where loading them up with tons of stuff. The developers had to put a limit in to keep people from making tons and tons of money everyday. This was when we only had a hand full of facilities I bet now if there was no limit people would be making a billion coins a day or more. When you post help in the facilities people will produce 20% of what is loaded so if you have 15 or 100 days worth of product in the facility when someone comes to help they produce 20% of what is loaded and it didn't take very long for people to get 100 days worth of stuff produced. For that reason the developers put in a limit which still allows people to make money but not a billion coins a day. Now as for leaving your facilities running when out of town just don't post for help or do post for help and if you are like me people will only get about 66% of the stuff finished and that leaves the rest running and should be done when you get home. Also I know we are all addicted to this game but if your farm is not producing or growing anything for a few days :eek: it is not the end of the world. :p;):D

MJR
Jan 19 2011, 06:30 PM
What do the ducks and peacocks do?

Tony D
Jan 19 2011, 06:32 PM
They have no function at this stage , apart from decorative

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 06:32 PM

Nothing currently just look cute :)

1fritz
Jan 19 2011, 08:39 PM
I saw bait is now avaiable to be gifted. Can we only get bait as a gift or can it be purchased somewhere I haven't found yet???:confused:

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 08:40 PM
I saw bait is now avaiable to be gifted. Can we only get bait as a gift or can it be purchased somewhere I haven't found yet???:confused:

Only as a gift Raul said in the first post :)

1fritz
Jan 19 2011, 08:44 PM
Only as a gift Raul said in the first post :)

Missed that part. Thanks for the quick response.:D

Toranut97
Jan 19 2011, 08:47 PM
Fishing with bait works flawlessly. Thanks! Enjoying yet another enhancement to the game!

Peggymidget
Jan 19 2011, 09:00 PM
Hi. I just harvested (with my shaker) some trees. Trees look like they have not been harvested (still heavy with apples, oranges, etc.) but shaker will not harvest any further. Anyone else having this problem? :confused:

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 09:03 PM
Hi. I just harvested (with my shaker) some trees. Trees look like they have not been harvested (still heavy with apples, oranges, etc.) but shaker will not harvest any further. Anyone else having this problem? :confused:

Try refreshing or hop to another farm and back and see if this helps...few other reports but we're kind of chalking it down to the new release of the fish bait... will take a closer look tomorrow if it's still occuring.

ScottLanter
Jan 19 2011, 09:19 PM
I've got someone on my farm right now, who is harvesting. Crops are not disappearing. I harvested a little, myself, but crops just stay there until I go to a different farm and come back.

I should clarify that the crops are gone after I come back. But, it's pretty weird acting at the moment.

Anyway, just wanted to post it, so others won't think it's an isolated problem. It's widespread.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 09:19 PM
We've got posting in the h and s....hoping it's due to the fish bait release.

ScottLanter
Jan 19 2011, 09:25 PM
We've got posting in the h and s....hoping it's due to the fish bait release.

Yeah, I kinda figured it was due to tonight's bait release. No sweat.

Actually, I don't mind this bug much. It's causing Flash to be less hoggy on my Mac. :D

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 09:26 PM
Was this happening for the worker too? As I just worked on a farm and had no problem.

ScottLanter
Jan 19 2011, 09:30 PM
Was this happening for the worker too? As I just worked on a farm and had no problem.

Well, that's a good question. The worker on my farm doesn't understand English. So, I can't really ask him. I've got some other crops ready on another farm. I'm gonna try and find another worker who might be able to tell me what they see as they harvest. I'll post as soon as I know.

ScottLanter
Jan 19 2011, 09:36 PM

UPDATE: Yes, sir. The worker can see the crops disappearing as they harvest on my farms.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 09:40 PM
Ma'am :) Lol Ok so it only affects the owner. Well that's good that the worker sees it disappear. Ty :)

carrie61572
Jan 19 2011, 09:43 PM
I feel stupid, where is this "facility manager?" I always do mine one at a time.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 09:44 PM
I feel stupid, where is this "facility manager?" I always do mine one at a time.

It's in the extended tool bar, where the yellow tool box has the watering can :) Click the green arrow to make the tool bar open and on the left side you'll see a little factory symbol.

carrie61572
Jan 19 2011, 09:46 PM
thank you so much!

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 09:48 PM
thank you so much!

You are welcome :)

ScottLanter
Jan 19 2011, 09:50 PM
Ma'am :) Lol Ok so it only affects the owner. Well that's good that the worker sees it disappear. Ty :)

LOL! Anybody with "Dude" in their name is a "sir" in these parts. Now, if your name was Double T Dude-ette Ranch, then "ma'am" would be more obvious to me. :D

Thanks for the assistance. I can live with this bug. It's not a major thing.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 09:51 PM
LOL! Anybody with "Dude" in their name is a "sir" in these parts. Now, if your name was Double T Dude-ette Ranch, then "ma'am" would be more obvious to me. :D

Thanks for the assistance. I can live with this bug. It's not a major thing.

Even the girl avatar in my signature? Dude is part of Dude Ranch.....farmy name lmao :)

We'll send off an e-mail tomorrow if it still persists :)

Docperk
Jan 19 2011, 09:55 PM
Ok I just got a bunch of bait as gifts. Haven't tried it yet don't know how long they will last BUT, well trying to accept them from my gift box I had to click OK to EVERY SINGLE ONE! Haven't had to do that on any other gift. Since the release of these extra gifts have also seen problems in harvesting and plowing fields. Where when I hire someone to plow everything is pending until I leave and come back and then I can hire them to plow. Same thing on waiting on the plow to complete have to leave and come back before I can plant. Please fix soon.

thank you
Doc

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 09:59 PM
Yep we've got reports here: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395070 in h and s...we're collecting info :)

ScottLanter
Jan 19 2011, 10:12 PM
Even the girl avatar in my signature? Dude is part of Dude Ranch.....farmy name lmao :)

We'll send off an e-mail tomorrow if it still persists :)

LOL! I know what a dude ranch is. I'm a born and bred all-American boy. Traditionally, only men worked at dude ranches, so it's easy to see why I said "sir". Besides, a dude ranch is a place, not a person. Anyway, we'll see what tomorrow brings. Fixed or not, it'll be fun. ;)

VeronicaT
Jan 19 2011, 10:20 PM

Whoa Double T you're a woman?! This whole time I thought you were a man! lmao Sorry!

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 10:21 PM
Whoa Double T you're a woman?! This whole time I thought you were a man! lmao Sorry!

LMAO that's too funny :D

KarenJT
Jan 19 2011, 10:24 PM
Thank you so much! These were released just in time for my comeback after 5 weeks of connection issues plus inability to do ANYTHING on my 7 farms [at that time]. I was ready to explode! Farm Town is my favorite game & I have invested a lot of $s to purchase ALL of the facilities & tools plus other 'nice' items. Awesome game. Love it more every day [that I can play, that is]. ;)

VeronicaT
Jan 19 2011, 10:24 PM
LMAO that's too funny :D

Really, I've seen your posts tons of time and I know I've seen that avatar in the screenshot but I never read the name of the avatar. But then again, I have kinda bad vision even with my contacts in..... I feel a bit embarassed. Oh well, now I know!

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 10:26 PM
Really, I've seen your posts tons of time and I know I've seen that avatar in the screenshot but I never read the name of the avatar. But then again, I have kinda bad vision even with my contacts in..... I feel a bit embarassed. Oh well, now I know!

LMAO it's ok....happens every once in awhile, which is why I added the girl avi to my signature....but today showed me it still doesn't help lmao :D

VeronicaT
Jan 19 2011, 10:26 PM
Okay so I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of bait since I seem to be getting less lobster. I bought another large coast to help but boy I was like a kid in a candy store earlier when I saw that bait was here! Ahh I cannot wait to fish with it! I love this game!

Whatever1234
Jan 19 2011, 10:38 PM
Sooo.... does the bait only work on your own farms??

That's a shame :-(

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 10:39 PM
Sooo.... does the bait only work on your own farms??

That's a shame :-(

Yes it's only for your water that if you get gifted bait that it works on. Hopefully you'll appear at a lot of farms that have bait :)

Whatever1234
Jan 19 2011, 10:44 PM
Ok, let me try and wrap my lil brain around that:

if I get hired to fish someone's farm - and they have bait - then I get to use their bait when fishing?

Is this correct?

And thanks for you ever quick replies :-)

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 10:46 PM
Ok, let me try and wrap my lil brain around that:

if I get hired to fish someone's farm - and they have bait - then I get to use their bait when fishing?

Is this correct?

And thanks for you ever quick replies :-)

Yes....you show up to their farm and if they have bait, you use their bait :)

Post I put in the fishing chapter in the Game Guide:
You can now use bait to fish. Using the bait will give you (and the owner) 2x the fish and uses it from the owner of the water's account.

You can get freshwater bait (lakes, ponds, rivers) or seawater bait (for sea coasts). Bait is available only by gifting.

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=14230&pictureid=37650

The water will tell you how much bait is left, if you hover over it with your mouse.

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=14230&pictureid=37646

Jen in NC
Jan 19 2011, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the bait - already love them! Can we please remove the extra step in accepting the bait as a gift as soon as possible? Or maybe just have it come up once? It's really slowing down the process.

Thanks so much for all of the new stuff.

Katlee53
Jan 19 2011, 10:54 PM
Yes, I love the new updates, but I'm having problems. I can't harvest my crops or trees. It shows they are still there when I'm done. I log out and come back and they are gone. Frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!

earlgray
Jan 19 2011, 10:54 PM
I'm having a problem tonight probably related to the update. When I harvest my fields, they aren't cleared, nor are the crops added to my storage, until after I leave the farm. What happens is that the avatar goes to the field and you see the little pop-up that indicates the field is being harvested, but then the appearance goes right back to the planted state, until I leave the farm and come back. I checked and the harvested goods show up in the storage but not until after I leave the farm. It's rather disconcerting. I'm sure it's just a glitch that you'll get worked out, but thought you should know about it.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 10:55 PM
Yes, I love the new updates, but I'm having problems. I can't harvest my crops or trees. It shows they are still there when I'm done. I log out and come back and they are gone. Frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there is a nice thread going already in help and support :)

tarawa
Jan 19 2011, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the bait - already love them! Can we please remove the extra step in accepting the bait as a gift as soon as possible? Or maybe just have it come up once? It's really slowing down the process.

Thanks so much for all of the new stuff.

Lol..just came to ask the same thing.And to remind everyone that their are 2..TWO types of bait..I was so excited I changed all my gifts to fresh water bait:o..should have came here 5 mins ago and looked at Double T's post with pic to maybe imprint that..doh:p

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 10:58 PM
Lol..just came to ask the same thing.And to remind everyone that their are 2..TWO types of bait..I was so excited I changed all my gifts to fresh water bait:o..should have came here 5 mins ago and looked at Double T's post with pic to maybe imprint that..doh:p

Well people will just have to go freshwater fishing a lot on your farm then :p

Whatever1234
Jan 19 2011, 11:00 PM
Thank you. Sry, didn't see the update to the game guide.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 11:02 PM
Thank you. Sry, didn't see the update to the game guide.

Oh no problem :) I just posted pics as I thought might help some people out too :)

barbara nixon
Jan 19 2011, 11:37 PM
happy to finally get the new farm..only dissappointment was no facility for roasting our nuts...so wanted to see one of those finally.. still would like to see a sand land cover the way it is now is a pita with everything dissappearing under...lol..

melizabeth5
Jan 19 2011, 11:57 PM
When I harvest crops or trees, the working bar is there and when it is finished, the crop is still there. Leave farm and return, it is done, shows harvested fields. But it is making harvesting difficult. Is there anyone else having this problem? I have checked the forum twice and can't find any other posts about this problem.

Tony D
Jan 19 2011, 11:59 PM
When I harvest crops or trees, the working bar is there and when it is finished, the crop is still there. Leave farm and return, it is done, shows harvested fields. But it is making harvesting difficult. Is there anyone else having this problem? I have checked the forum twice and can't find any other posts about this problem.Hi , this is a known problem ... this is the thread in Help and support http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395070

shirl312
Jan 20 2011, 12:03 AM
love the updates -- have a suggestion (been bugging me for some time) - when a farmer arrives at your farm, the "hide" bar disappears and puts in area for test msg. PROBLEM: I sometimes find myself talking to a phantom (farmer has disappeared unknowingly to me) could there be some signal that says, perhaps "farmer xxxx has left your farm"

Tony D
Jan 20 2011, 12:05 AM
love the updates -- have a suggestion (been bugging me for some time) - when a farmer arrives at your farm, the "hide" bar disappears and puts in area for test msg. PROBLEM: I sometimes find myself talking to a phantom (farmer has disappeared unknowingly to me) could there be some signal that says, perhaps "farmer xxxx has left your farm"Hi , I like that suggestion, perhaps you should post it in the suggestion section. :)

jazzyjude
Jan 20 2011, 12:12 AM
Can I use the bait when using the boat? I am trying to read up on this and can't find anything as of yet. Sorry if I missed this issue.

Tony D
Jan 20 2011, 12:13 AM
Can I use the bait when using the boat? I am trying to read up on this and can't find anything as of yet. Sorry if I missed this issue.Hi there is info in the Game Guide ... click the green link below to check out the game guide

gffarmer
Jan 20 2011, 12:24 AM
Great job devs! Thanks for the updates!!!

Kath-H
Jan 20 2011, 12:31 AM
How much bait do you need? One for every fish, or what?

Taz D
Jan 20 2011, 12:45 AM
How much bait do you need? One for every fish, or what?
Yes it is 1 for each original fish. For example a small seacoast has 99 fish, so if you fish it out you use 99 bait and get 198 fish.

Kath-H
Jan 20 2011, 12:52 AM
That's a bit mean when they are only gifts. I think workers will only fish while there's bait left. I get about 30 gifts a day and I need salt and other stuff.

SueW170
Jan 20 2011, 01:17 AM
Checked to see if the snow ground cover had been moved from Holiday to the Paths/Ground Covers section of the Store as so many here requested. Of course it has not. For some strange reason, the developers seem to be confused about the season (winter) and the celebrations (Holidays). Winter is NOT a "Holiday." It is a season. A season, by the way which occurs a a different time for those in the Southern Hemisphere some of whom just might want to do snow landscapes when it's summer for the developers.
Also, the other winter items are no longer on the Gift page. Ridiculous.
Suggestions for new facilities meet with enthusiasm on the part of the developers. For obviously reasons. Source of potential increase in corporate profit. No problem with that. It's just good business sense since many players like to have all the new things made available and will purchase them. But there have been, over the year+ that I've played FT, many items suggested by many here which would give us more flexibility in designing layouts that the developers have consistently ignored. Kudos that they have responded to some of these suggestions, but why ignore simple requests like transferring the snow ground cover to the Store, adding people figures as decoration, adding varied heights of pine and fir trees (even if only decorative)? It's a bit irritating.

VeronicaT
Jan 20 2011, 01:21 AM
Does anyone know, do the sea coasts always reset back to 0 if you move them before fishing? I just lost over 150 fish from my large sea coast because I accidentally tried to move it not realizing my boat had been put away! No big deal if it does reset, I'll just be more careful next time but just want to be clear on that.

Kath-H
Jan 20 2011, 01:46 AM
Ah, you get 200 bait at a time. I'll stop complaining now! There was some mention of extra XP for fishing ?????

Tuppy Love
Jan 20 2011, 01:51 AM
Just wandering about upgrade # 10 above....What is or was Phantom Gifts ? I have no clue what this means,but would like to. Can someone help me out on this ??

amberdh
Jan 20 2011, 02:25 AM
Just wandering about upgrade # 10 above....What is or was Phantom Gifts ? I have no clue what this means,but would like to. Can someone help me out on this ??

Hello. There were some user's that had what we called 'phantom gifts'. What that means, is the gift box would show that you had a gift when you actually didn't. The glitch has been fixed now thankfully :)

podunkfluzy
Jan 20 2011, 02:31 AM
Thanks for all the nice things. Especially the bait, will be nice to increase the fish we get while fishing.
I would love to see a store all button in the gift box.

VeronicaT
Jan 20 2011, 04:29 AM
Thanks for all the nice things. Especially the bait, will be nice to increase the fish we get while fishing.
I would love to see a store all button in the gift box.

Same here! IDK about anyone else but when I get a lot of gifts in there it really slows it down. It's a pain to accept each gift one by one.

StoneFace
Jan 20 2011, 06:23 AM
Same here! IDK about anyone else but when I get a lot of gifts in there it really slows it down. It's a pain to accept each gift one by one.

Slows it down???????????:confused::confused:

I don't accept all my gifts as soon as I get them.... I tend to left them build up and usually have over 100-150 in "waiting".

Thus I had "instant" salt and pork in good amounts as soon as the release came.

Same for the bait.

It took me only the time to accept/change the gifts and one extra click per gift to have 7,000 of each bait ready to use.

Maybe 2 extra minutes .... tops.

Okay, that is extra time spent to double my output for many days to come.

I can understand that there are some with literally hundreds of river corners, and lakes etc with the daily potential of thousands and thousands of fish. They will only be able to double their catch up to the bait they have.

And when it becomes available, I think they might visit a gift site or two.:eek:

But I have to chuckle when you say that an enhancement that improves and speeds up the production and the game...... slows you down.:D

hhhmmmmmm:confused:

BrookeB
Jan 20 2011, 06:34 AM

I don't accept all my gifts as soon as I get them.... I tend to left them build up and usually have over 100-150 in "waiting".

Same for the bait.

It took me only the time to accept/change the gifts and one extra click per gift to have 7,000 of each bait ready to use.

I can understand that there are some with literally hundreds of river corners, and lakes etc with the daily potential of thousands and thousands of fish. They will only be able to double their catch up to the bait they have.

And when it becomes available, I think they might visit a gift site or two.:eek:

But I have to chuckle when you say that an enhancement that improves and speeds up the production and the game...... slows you down.:D

VeronicaT's suggestion of a Store All button in the gift box is not about the time it takes to accept gifts but rather about the time it takes to transfer those gifts to storage. They have already been accepted. We all acknowledge that gift requests have to be "accepted" one by one because that's a process set by Facebook. However, once in the gift box, it would be nice to be able to hit a single button to send the whole lot to storage in one fell swoop. :)

mfgs1959@hotmail.com
Jan 20 2011, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the update! Any plans to make salt in the mineral mine...or offer a salt mine? What about the bait? Will we be able to grow our own?...perhaps in a pond or other type of water...or in the fish plant?

CJLogie
Jan 20 2011, 07:45 AM
would love to see the next upgrade include a standing hire that can be sent to neighbors and a FIRE button for people who don't do the job they are asked to do...some ppl!!

mrawlin3
Jan 20 2011, 07:58 AM
Are the gift tools like the tree cutting implement usable or are they just decorative? If they are usable, how to we use them?

StoneFace
Jan 20 2011, 08:01 AM
Are the gift tools like the tree cutting implement usable or are they just decorative? If they are usable, how to we use them?

The are just for decoration.

StoneFace
Jan 20 2011, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the update! Any plans to make salt in the mineral mine...or offer a salt mine? What about the bait? Will we be able to grow our own?...perhaps in a pond or other type of water...or in the fish plant?

We already can...... it is called sushi.:eek:

(just kidding)

Toranut97
Jan 20 2011, 08:17 AM
We already can...... it is called sushi.:eek:

(just kidding)

Very funny!!! LOL

bflier
Jan 20 2011, 08:59 AM
Love, love, love the new Production Chain sorting functionality... but what would make it even better is if the facilities manager would pull from ALL farms instead of just the active one. Some of my production chain facilities are actually on different farms so I have to go through all my farms to get my goods then go back through to produce.

pocketsized plantation
Jan 20 2011, 09:12 AM
Thank you for adding bait! I have always been short on salmon so I am looking forward to enjoying the added fish. I do have a concern though...this morning I hired someone to fish my lakes. I asked him to fish only the lake and not the river pieces so I could save my bait for the lake. He fished out the lake and then finished off all my bait in the river before I could "ignore" him. (His avatar name was jiffyjake). Is there someway that you could separate the bait so that the freshwater bait has two categories (lake bait or river bait)? Or alternatively make it so I can choose to hire according to different fishing categories (lake, ocean, river)? The bait option would be better.

Thank you for your consideration of this issue. Love the upgrades!

jeanieNGMsfarm
Jan 20 2011, 09:21 AM
Thank you for adding bait! I have always been short on salmon so I am looking forward to enjoying the added fish. I do have a concern though...this morning I hired someone to fish my lakes. I asked him to fish only the lake and not the river pieces so I could save my bait for the lake. He fished out the lake and then finished off all my bait in the river before I could "ignore" him. (His avatar name was jiffyjake). Is there someway that you could separate the bait so that the freshwater bait has two categories (lake bait or river bait)? Or alternatively make it so I can choose to hire according to different fishing categories (lake, ocean, river)? The bait option would be better.

you should remove the user name as they are not unique in farm town and you can be giving100 people a bad name right not. i know ive been in a market with 5 people with the same avatar as me at one time. also ignoring him will not stop him from finishing the job he was hired for (fishing) it will only make it so you do not see the person or contact them again they can stay on your farm till they choose to leave

BeccaK
Jan 20 2011, 09:39 AM
I love the new order in the facility manager. Also the bait for fishing is wonderful! You Devs are the best <3

jesdreher
Jan 20 2011, 10:43 AM

I agree. I totally appreciate and love the bait and it will help alleviate the constant salmon shortage. I discovered today as I was fishing with glee, however, that I can't just store up the freshwater bait to only use for my big lake (the only body of water I have with salmon). If I have more bait and continue to fish my other ponds, rivers, etc, it will use whatever bait I have left. I get plenty of the other types of fish, so I don't really want to waste my bait on those bodies of water. I decided that for now the only way to really get around it for now is to only store 1 freshwater fish bait out of my gift box right before fishing my big lake. If I leave the rest in the giftbox until I need it, it won't get wasted.

Now, if the devs want to find a solution that doesn't require me storing the bait in my giftbox, I certainly wouldn't complain.

Saylorgirl
Jan 20 2011, 10:53 AM

Sorry, me too!! It is the Dude thing!! So sorry!

Emerald T
Jan 20 2011, 11:51 AM
I agree with both Hornyroo and Chony. a max button for filling facilities and and auto storage for ready products. Also a check to disable reminding putting animals in their respective buildings. Thank you for all of the upgrades thus far

pasper
Jan 20 2011, 12:44 PM
I have over 5,000 of each of the baits, but the last farm I went to and fished, it said the bait count was zero????

pbtally
Jan 20 2011, 12:53 PM
Thank you very much for the update!

samsmum
Jan 20 2011, 01:05 PM
I have over 5,000 of each of the baits, but the last farm I went to and fished, it said the bait count was zero????

The bait you have in storage can only be used by you, or anyone else, on YOUR farm, you would inly see bait on someone elses farm if they had some in storage :)

Taz D
Jan 20 2011, 02:17 PM
Does anyone know, do the sea coasts always reset back to 0 if you move them before fishing? I just lost over 150 fish from my large sea coast because I accidentally tried to move it not realizing my boat had been put away! No big deal if it does reset, I'll just be more careful next time but just want to be clear on that.
No they should not reset to 0 if you move it on the same farm. It will reset if you move it from one farm to another though.

Jeanettes270
Jan 20 2011, 02:46 PM
When storing the bait we get a pop up that tells us how much we have. We really don't need that extra click when we are emptying our gift box.Plus when you point at the lakes,ponds,rivers it tells you how much you have. Wish you could get the gift box to be able to place stuff on far like the storage items are. Pick up one or be able to put animals right in the building. We click so much now.Thanks for the upgrades and updates.Don't know if this was the right place for this,.

AprilCrisp
Jan 20 2011, 03:00 PM
When storing the bait we get a pop up that tells us how much we have. We really don't need that extra click when we are emptying our gift box.Plus when you point at the lakes,ponds,rivers it tells you how much you have. Wish you could get the gift box to be able to place stuff on far like the storage items are. Pick up one or be able to put animals right in the building. We click so much now.Thanks for the upgrades and updates.Don't know if this was the right place for this,.

I agree. I have a couple dozen of them in my giftbox and it gives me the popup on each one I move from the gift box to storage:

Developers--you wonderful guys (and I assume gals)--please fix. :)

Edited to Add: I don't understand why the bait doesn't work like fuel for harvesters/plows/boats/etc. when we work on other people's farms? Maybe just double the # of fish for the person actually doing the fishing?

StoneFace
Jan 20 2011, 03:06 PM

that is because the bait only works on YOUR farm.
but it works for you or anyone who fishes your farm

the farm you went to must have had zero bait

melizabeth5
Jan 20 2011, 03:57 PM
Hi , this is a known problem ... this is the thread in Help and support http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395070

Thanks for the quick fix!!! You Guys are great!

Victorious Vivian
Jan 20 2011, 04:01 PM
Like the new items. I will have to really work extra hard to get the farmcash to get the facilities that I want.

pammydoll
Jan 20 2011, 04:32 PM
how do some farmers get that layered look on their farms?

tink17
Jan 20 2011, 04:45 PM
I got a problem. I don't know where the facilities manager is. please help!

tink17
Jan 20 2011, 04:48 PM
how do you put layers on a farm?

Tony D
Jan 20 2011, 04:56 PM
I got a problem. I don't know where the facilities manager is. please help!it is in the extended tool bar (bottom left)

how do you put layers on a farm?This practice is not supported by the Developers or Moderators of this Forum due to the amount of problems it has been shown to cause on many farms.

merianb
Jan 20 2011, 05:47 PM
Checked to see if the snow ground cover had been moved from Holiday to the Paths/Ground Covers section of the Store as so many here requested. Of course it has not. For some strange reason, the developers seem to be confused about the season (winter) and the celebrations (Holidays). Winter is NOT a "Holiday." It is a season. A season, by the way which occurs a a different time for those in the Southern Hemisphere some of whom just might want to do snow landscapes when it's summer for the developers.
Also, the other winter items are no longer on the Gift page. Ridiculous.
Suggestions for new facilities meet with enthusiasm on the part of the developers. For obviously reasons. Source of potential increase in corporate profit. No problem with that. It's just good business sense since many players like to have all the new things made available and will purchase them. But there have been, over the year+ that I've played FT, many items suggested by many here which would give us more flexibility in designing layouts that the developers have consistently ignored. Kudos that they have responded to some of these suggestions, but why ignore simple requests like transferring the snow ground cover to the Store, adding people figures as decoration, adding varied heights of pine and fir trees (even if only decorative)? It's a bit irritating.

Don't know if you got an answer for this, but there is a new category that is winter that has the snow ground cover there.

Duck Duck Goose
Jan 20 2011, 06:28 PM
The rubber factory needs to be put underneath the petrochemical factory in the "production chain" mode in facilities manager because we need the turpentine.

Currently you have it before the petro plant and also above oil refinery

garden ho
Jan 20 2011, 06:31 PM
Love the new update and it has me back in the game :) One question though - there is a box that comes up every time you move bait from the gift box to the storage that you have to click out of. Is that going to be removed in the future or will there be the option to "don't show me this message again during this session". It just slows gift moving down quite a bit. :) Love you guys and the game!

garden ho
Jan 20 2011, 06:38 PM

Me too - LOL! I can't help but wonder if it would have made any difference if the name was "Double D" :D But i get the "T" too!

chrisluvsanimals
Jan 20 2011, 08:07 PM
Love the new update and it has me back in the game :) One question though - there is a box that comes up every time you move bait from the gift box to the storage that you have to click out of. Is that going to be removed in the future or will there be the option to "don't show me this message again during this session". It just slows gift moving down quite a bit. :) Love you guys and the game!

YES!!! I understand the need to explain it at first, but it REALLY slows down putting them into the gift box!!!

While you're at it, could we have a way to disable the pop up that tells us about chopping down trees? After the first few times I think most people understand how it works!!

Thanks for the great updates!!

artisanrox
Jan 20 2011, 09:10 PM
Wow...sooooo...is fishing actually...cool now or whut?

:D

1fritz
Jan 20 2011, 09:14 PM
I agree. I totally appreciate and love the bait and it will help alleviate the constant salmon shortage. I discovered today as I was fishing with glee, however, that I can't just store up the freshwater bait to only use for my big lake (the only body of water I have with salmon). If I have more bait and continue to fish my other ponds, rivers, etc, it will use whatever bait I have left. I get plenty of the other types of fish, so I don't really want to waste my bait on those bodies of water. I decided that for now the only way to really get around it for now is to only store 1 freshwater fish bait out of my gift box right before fishing my big lake. If I leave the rest in the giftbox until I need it, it won't get wasted.

Now, if the devs want to find a solution that doesn't require me storing the bait in my giftbox, I certainly wouldn't complain.

You are right I came to the same conclusion, keep freshwater bait in gifts till ready to use it. Then only store what you need to lakes with salmon.:D

Brenda M
Jan 20 2011, 09:38 PM
WOW Great new update. But.... Wasn't I addicted enough? (Is that bad English?)

I'm loving this game more and more.

dansd111
Jan 20 2011, 11:30 PM
When storing the bait we get a pop up that tells us how much we have. We really don't need that extra click when we are emptying our gift box.Plus when you point at the lakes,ponds,rivers it tells you how much you have. ...snip...

This is not the solution that you're looking for, but it helps. After the pop up appears, leave it up and click the store button that is partially hidden behind the pop up (gift in the upper right corner). You can keep clicking "store" over and over and each time one more gift will be stored. Once you have stored all gifts, you will have to click the button on the pop up several times. At least this way, you don't have to keep moving your cursor back and forth between the store button and the pop up.

marybeth_d1957
Jan 21 2011, 12:05 AM
Thank you for all the hard work you do, I was wondering, why i didnt level up with this last release, is there a limit at what level you are that you can level up too?

Thanks marybeth_d1957

amberdh
Jan 21 2011, 12:12 AM
Thank you for all the hard work you do, I was wondering, why i didnt level up with this last release, is there a limit at what level you are that you can level up too?

Thanks marybeth_d1957

Hello Marybeth :) You will level up depending on how many experience points you have.

Check out this post in the game guide to ensure you are on the correct level:

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3881822#post3881822

VeronicaT
Jan 21 2011, 02:05 AM

Same for the bait.

I meant store them. I could care less what gifts you have though ya know? And the rest...... ya lost me after you started talkin ish so yeah, didn't bother to read it. All I saw was "Blah blah blah..... you're an idiot. Blah blah blah."

VeronicaT
Jan 21 2011, 02:10 AM
No they should not reset to 0 if you move it on the same farm. It will reset if you move it from one farm to another though.

I didn't think it'd reset if I moved it within one farm. I won't put anything in storage w/o emptying it first especially not a big sea coast. But it's not a big deal that it did that. I was disappointed that it happened but this game, like any other, isn't perfect and glitches occur.

tinlug
Jan 21 2011, 05:50 AM
thanks for farm 8 but just to spoil it since i play the game as the maker designed it i have only 8 farms while those who cheat and overlap the farms ahev dozens - how about a level playing field either make it so we can all verlap or fix t so no one can.

StoneFace
Jan 21 2011, 07:49 AM
thanks for farm 8 but just to spoil it since i play the game as the maker designed it i have only 8 farms while those who cheat and overlap the farms ahev dozens - how about a level playing field either make it so we can all verlap or fix t so no one can.

Are you competing against other farmers?

If so, what is the reward if you "win"?

StoneFace
Jan 21 2011, 07:49 AM
I meant store them. I could care less what gifts you have though ya know? And the rest...... ya lost me after you started talkin ish so yeah, didn't bother to read it. All I saw was "Blah blah blah..... you're an idiot. Blah blah blah."

Nice. You have class.:rolleyes:

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 21 2011, 07:58 AM
Me too - LOL! I can't help but wonder if it would have made any difference if the name was "Double D" :D But i get the "T" too!

D isn't in my name....2 T's are actually my intials :) Lol :D

pt4u2nv
Jan 21 2011, 11:03 AM
that is because the bait only works on YOUR farm.
but it works for you or anyone who fishes your farm

the farm you went to must have had zero bait

If that is the case, why do we need bait? If you're fishing someone else's farm, your bait should go with you. If I hire someone who doesn't have bait, then they are using mine. That's like them using my plower or boat, not quite fair.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 21 2011, 11:19 AM
If that is the case, why do we need bait? If you're fishing someone else's farm, your bait should go with you. If I hire someone who doesn't have bait, then they are using mine. That's like them using my plower or boat, not quite fair.

You have bait so you get more fish :) It's a pretty good deal I think...considering that the devs could have made it so it used the owner's fuel if they hired someone with a harvester...just another form of payment for the fish I guess :)

barbieturner
Jan 21 2011, 01:03 PM
Love the new items, Thanks soooooo much, One request is to do with the accepting the bait, every single time you accept a bair gift you have to checkmark a box that tells you how to use it, that would be find for the first one, but if you have a bunch to accept that kinda stinks.... Thanks again Barbie

SueW170
Jan 21 2011, 03:26 PM
Thanks, marianb. I found the Winter tab in the store.

busymommao3
Jan 21 2011, 04:28 PM
Why another farm and more to do? I would have to stay on the computer 24/7 to get near farm 8. I can't manage to get farm 6 as of now. I am at level 129. I never have enough coins or FT cash to buy things and expand land. Is there something I am missing on how this works?

Charo
Jan 21 2011, 04:41 PM
busymomma, you have to play at your own pace. The game is balanced against people who have every facility and the time to play. We just have to fight the impulse to "keep up with the Joneses" and enjoy playing at our own pace. It's not a race, we have to remember that.

Farmer John Watson
Jan 21 2011, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the news.

MeiMeis_Farm
Jan 22 2011, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the update - I'm loving the new things! I now have an empty field to star at :D and hope I come up with an idea for it at some point in time! I love new FarmTown releases - so many new goodies.

Thanks again :)

Tessa277
Jan 22 2011, 04:13 AM
When i try and fish with bait it is saying i do not have any bait but i have 20 thousand. Is this normal???

Tony D
Jan 22 2011, 04:19 AM
When i try and fish with bait it is saying i do not have any bait but i have 20 thousand. Is this normal???Hi, do you have both types of bait ?

SunnyD
Jan 22 2011, 06:31 AM
loving the new updates........... just started to work on my 8th farm........ "midnight bay" having a ball.... i slowed down playing some only posting facilities every other day or so..... and still work others facilities and i am doing great on stocking up on things...... and totally not bored any more.......it is way fun to play this way..... and my house is cleaner and the kids are starting to plump up again lol lol taking your time working and buying things makes it more fun and less of a job and you won't get bored.... at least i am not

Kat_Kadiddlehopper
Jan 22 2011, 09:14 AM
I appreciate all the enhancements. I just wish that the defect I reported after the last upgrade would get resolved. I posted about it many times and have reported the issue many times. I've tried all the advice given about clearing cache, macro media files, increasing storage space for the game on my computer, and I STILL do not earn coins or XPs when I work for other farmers. It's a fairness issue, frankly. Earning coins and XPs are an essential part of the game and I'm not able to enjoy the benefits of them. I am at the top level, but have been at the top level at the time of multiple past upgrades and always got coins and XP's for working for others. It's very frustrating as it doesn't feel as if my issue is being taken seriously enough to warrant someone really digging deep into the issue. :(

MattAlex69
Jan 22 2011, 01:27 PM
busymomma, you have to play at your own pace. The game is balanced against people who have every facility and the time to play. We just have to fight the impulse to "keep up with the Joneses" and enjoy playing at our own pace. It's not a race, we have to remember that.

I always have a hard time remembering not to try & compete with people who are way ahead of Me. I know that many of My neighbors have the cash to be able to afford pretty much every facility out there and are at like level 185. I'm proud of My level 146, and I'm doing pretty good I must say :)

Mrs Mags
Jan 22 2011, 02:07 PM
I'm Loving the whole Fishing thing....You guys rock!!!

karina1
Jan 22 2011, 05:16 PM
I am trying to move my animals out of their barns so I can move them to Farm #8 and I keep getting booted. It doesn't matter if I'm in full screen or not. I can get about 3 animals out of the barn before it kicks me out. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm not getting booted any other time, only when I'm transferring animals. I connect through Safari. Thanks so much

StoneFace
Jan 22 2011, 06:04 PM
I always have a hard time remembering not to try & compete with people who are way ahead of Me. I know that many of My neighbors have the cash to be able to afford pretty much every facility out there and are at like level 185. I'm proud of My level 146, and I'm doing pretty good I must say :)

That is great. Happy farming.:D

Tiger
Jan 22 2011, 07:19 PM
I am trying to move my animals out of their barns so I can move them to Farm #8 and I keep getting booted. It doesn't matter if I'm in full screen or not. I can get about 3 animals out of the barn before it kicks me out. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm not getting booted any other time, only when I'm transferring animals. I connect through Safari. Thanks so much

Hi,

Try the suggestions in the first post of the following link. Post there if you need further help.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

Thank you

tagordy
Jan 22 2011, 11:15 PM
can anyone please update me on the ‘implements’? can they be used?

Tiger
Jan 22 2011, 11:16 PM
can anyone please update me on the ‘implements’? can they be used?

Hello there,

The implements on the gift page are just decoration.

tagordy
Jan 22 2011, 11:18 PM
figures, just my luck….ty so much for the swift reply

menorah
Jan 22 2011, 11:39 PM
This is not the solution that you're looking for, but it helps. After the pop up appears, leave it up and click the store button that is partially hidden behind the pop up (gift in the upper right corner). You can keep clicking "store" over and over and each time one more gift will be stored. Once you have stored all gifts, you will have to click the button on the pop up several times. At least this way, you don't have to keep moving your cursor back and forth between the store button and the pop up.

This is very helpful! Thank you very much for sharing.

turtluver31
Jan 23 2011, 01:01 AM
WoooHooo.. doin the Happy Happy Joy Joy.. Happy Happy Joy dance... you are AWESOME!!!!!! that just about sums it up. oh yah... Thank You :)
I agree with Wendums. A max button in the facilities to produce maximum amount of productions with your harvests would be great! To go one step further in the new facilities manager how about a store all productions button that would send all items to your storage in one click. Even if there were an individual button for each facility on the pending page of each facility that would be helpful.

OMG
Jan 23 2011, 09:29 AM
Hey guys, love the new updates. Sure wish I could buy or mine salt instead of being gift. hate using all my gifts up for salt. Love the facilities manager, works well for me. When working someone else's farms facilities, it would be nice to know by looking at name of farm if there is a facility on it, rather than going to every farm. Thanks again, really keeping this game intersting!

OMG
Jan 23 2011, 09:32 AM

What I did was go offline, by clicking the connected button, save after each animal, and then refresh once done. it worked for me

slimpat
Jan 23 2011, 12:49 PM
Sure wish there was a way of hiding individual things more than one at a time like if we used the tree shaket and highlighted that many then could hide them in one click Just a thought Love all the new things Keep them comming

Lavenda
Jan 23 2011, 09:37 PM
Hey guys, love the new updates. Sure wish I could buy or mine salt instead of being gift. hate using all my gifts up for salt. Love the facilities manager, works well for me. When working someone else's farms facilities, it would be nice to know by looking at name of farm if there is a facility on it, rather than going to every farm. Thanks again, really keeping this game intersting!

You should make your suggestion in the Suggestions section so the devs will actually see it.

Something you can do is ask your neighbours to mention what farms have facilities on them when they are posting their facilities.

Karols organic farm
Jan 23 2011, 09:46 PM
I should of known that it was going to cost farm cash not coins for the new animals :[
too bad for me
especially when no game cards are available in walmart etc

JEdmund
Jan 24 2011, 05:20 AM
How do you get to Facilities Manager?

Karols organic farm
Jan 24 2011, 06:27 AM
top right tool box click on large green arrow and you will see a white factory in the far left column

Ilsewdm
Jan 24 2011, 12:19 PM
Now I have 8 dairies. Still not enough cheese. I like the smokehouse a lot, but have issues with being able to get salt and bait by gift only. Between all the rivers, lakes, and seacoasts plus the salt, I need a minimum of 20 gifts a day just for those. I will never be able to get any more trees, hens, or cows at that rate. I wish bait and salt was available from the fish farm or the truck.
Is it too early to beg for farm 9 so I can get another dairy?

StoneFace
Jan 24 2011, 12:23 PM
Now I have 8 dairies. Still not enough cheese. I like the smokehouse a lot, but have issues with being able to get salt and bait by gift only. Between all the rivers, lakes, and seacoasts plus the salt, I need a minimum of 20 gifts a day just for those. I will never be able to get any more trees, hens, or cows at that rate. I wish bait and salt was available from the fish farm or the truck.

Is the salt problem an issue of the developers, or of your wish to have all those things in quantity?

Just a question, I don't mean to get "salty".

Ilsewdm
Jan 24 2011, 02:13 PM
I like to stock my facilities to the max every day. The salt wouldn't be a problem, but the bait uses up a lot of gifts. I like to fish the 8 hr. waters at least twice a day plus the 24 hr. ones every day.

StoneFace
Jan 24 2011, 02:34 PM
I like to stock my facilities to the max every day. The salt wouldn't be a problem, but the bait uses up a lot of gifts. I like to fish the 8 hr. waters at least twice a day plus the 24 hr. ones every day.

I hear ya on that.

For many months I simply bought from the "Pond" section for decoration. I could not be bothered or interested in the constant click of a fishing pole. No wonder people at the market say no to that kind of fishing.

The Sushi stuff was of little or no interest either. Those facilities were not what I wanted for my farms.

Then the Fish and Chips came along. So I got boats for fishing.

And I enjoy going to the market again with the 4x4s and the chainsaw, and now the boat.

I don't have a huge number of water items, but I have enough variety and quantity to even enjoy some fishing without bait. At least it comes in lots of 200.

Maybe that is what the devs should do for salt..... and maybe cheese.

Can you imagine getting 3 gifts of cheese, and it would surpass the whole output of a dairy plant's 540 ..... lol

But then, someone would buy a pizza hut for every farm, and complain they still did not have enough cheese. :confused: :D

:cool:

CEF
Jan 24 2011, 06:11 PM
Thank you FarmTown! These are fantastic upgrades, fixes, etc! You are awesome, as usual!

truckie547
Jan 24 2011, 06:17 PM
Ok we are ready for farms 9,10 11 and 12 now :) . Thanks for the good work i really enjoy playing farm town

vsksmom
Jan 24 2011, 07:13 PM
Thank you for everything. I am looking forward to farm #9 and so on. You are Awesome!!!!

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes.

1. Farm 8: Here are the prices in Coins, Farm Cash prices remain the same:

Farm12x12 - 8000000
Farm14x14 Upgrade - 5000000
Farm16x16 Upgrade - 6000000
Farm18x18 Upgrade - 7000000
Farm20x20 Upgrade - 300000000
Farm22x22 Upgrade - 400000000
Farm24x24 Upgrade - 500000000

2. 25 New Levels and 12 Gifts (Coins): About 70 new items in total, all in coins. The Farm Implements in the Gifts section have no functionality, they are just nice decorations that look well behind your machinery. All Winter items are now in the 'Winter' section in the Store. The Gift Certificates are now in the 'Other' section.

3. Superanimals (FC): There are now 2 superanimals in the Store, the Holstein Cow and the Leghorn Hen, they produce 10 times more than the regular Cow and Hen.

4. New Order in Facility Manager: When you hit the A/Z sorting button and select 'Production Chain', it will sort the facilities in such a way that will allow you to work continuously from top to bottom, as facilities with primary ingredients are on top, when you get to the complex facilities at the bottom you will have stored all the primary ingredients already required for these complex facilities.

5. Fishing with Bait (Already Launched): There will be 2 types of bait, freshwater bait and seawater bait. You can receive those baits as gifts from friends.

If you have bait available when you catch a fish you will receive 2 fish instead of one. When you hire others to fish, your baits will be used (not others) and you will also get 2 fish instead of one, in this case, employees will get double coins and will also get 2 fish instead of one when they receive their 'fish' bonus.

To check how much baits you have available hover the mouse over freshwater or seawater items.

6. Smokehouse: Allows you to produce cured and smoked products. You can receive Salt from friends. You can receive Pork from friends or order it from the Semi-Trailer truck. You can catch herrings in the Small Sea Coast.

Prosciutto
Cured Cod
Cured Herring
Salami
Smoked Cheese
Bacon
Smoked Salmon
Pastrami

7. Fish and Chips: Allows you to produce Fish and Chips dishes. You can catch squids in the Big Sea Coast.

Calamari Rings
Cod and Chips
Shrimp and Chips
Haddock n Onion Rings
Smoked Salmon n Chips
Seared Scallops n Slaw
Catfish Cakes

8. Harvest Storage expanded again by 25%.

9. Extra step removed from invite/requests flow: When you send gifts or neighbour request to friends, there was an extra screen/dialog asking you to email friends, this screen is now removed from the flow.

10. Phantom Gifts issue fixed: For users having Phantom Gifts in their gift box, when you receive a new gift or use some of the gifts in your gift box, the Phantom Gifts in your gift box should disappear.

11. The Level Bar now shows the correct amount of XP left to the next level.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

Bixby
Jan 24 2011, 10:22 PM
so....why is the sort feature not avail for me in facilities manager? Any ideas?

Taz D
Jan 24 2011, 11:57 PM
Upper right hand corner labeled AZ.

LionessNcubx3
Jan 25 2011, 08:58 AM
the updates are WONDERFUL Thank you so much But i have one question I see ppl talking bout working on others ppls factories I cant seem to figure out how to do that lol Im level 181 can someone help me with this
thansk again what a great job with all the stuff Im in ft heaven lol

All of your neighbors in farmtown are also your neighbors on facebook/myspace...your neighbors have to post the link on their facebook/myspace inviting you to work their facilities. Its beneficial to both because it increases THEIR output, you get experience points AND you get to keep 20% of the production you create for them.

LionessNcubx3
Jan 25 2011, 09:03 AM
Ok thanks alot but I dont see what your talking bout lol im a blonde you might have to draw mw a picture jk could u add me or message me and walk me through it cause I dont see the button you are talking bout Im sorry but if i can get things done faster like flour and cheese ID BE GREAT

Thank you so much
Mod Edit... Removed e-mail address , sorry

Open your facilities and go to collect what is done, top left hand side of the popup has a "produce faster" button...click that and post it on your facebook/myspace page. your friends will see it

lafollette547
Jan 25 2011, 10:07 AM
Y`all need to upper the 1000 item limit or do away with it ever 12 hrs please... i got 6 farms goin full speed and all the factorys and facilitys Can`t keep up with the supply and demand... 10,000 item limit would be great :)

jammierobertson
Jan 25 2011, 12:09 PM
What about the new implements you can receive as gifts? How do those work?

lulu836
Jan 25 2011, 01:13 PM
They don't do anything or serve any useful purpose except as decorations.

StoneFace
Jan 25 2011, 02:31 PM
Y`all need to upper the 1000 item limit or do away with it ever 12 hrs please... i got 6 farms goin full speed and all the factorys and facilitys Can`t keep up with the supply and demand... 10,000 item limit would be great :)

y'all need to realize that when you have "all the factorys and facilitys" you won't be able to keep them all full.

The limits that exist are self imposed when choices are made to try and have it all.

Farmer John Watson
Jan 25 2011, 03:29 PM
What's next: Adding a new trophy to earn by visiting your neighbors 10,000 times?

cute
Jan 25 2011, 05:34 PM
We should be able to buy gas more then once a day now that we have more farms.

Tiger
Jan 25 2011, 06:12 PM
What's next: Adding a new trophy to earn by visiting your neighbors 10,000 times?

Hello there,

If you'd like to suggest ideas for the game please post in the suggestions area. Find the thread most suited to your idea and post there. Here's the link to that section.

Thank you

leannajoyee
Jan 25 2011, 08:37 PM
kudos for the devs, keep it going! can't wait for the farm 9 even though i need a billion coins to get it.

HelenJS22
Jan 26 2011, 12:01 AM

LOL - Maybe Y'all need to remember back to what you used to do 'BF' (before Farmtown) and go back to doing it for a while. I suspect the devs never actually meant for us to be running all facilities at full speed 24 hours a day :D

LynneCH
Jan 26 2011, 04:37 AM
my friend Liz aka Farmer Molly, logged on yesterday to find all her farm $ that she'd earned by going the the levels, had vanished.
It was over 40f$, and it's just gone.

she is upset and talking of throwing it in.

Please can you help, restore her faith and fun in this game

Tony D
Jan 26 2011, 05:17 AM
my friend Liz aka Farmer Molly, logged on yesterday to find all her farm $ that she'd earned by going the the levels, had vanished.
It was over 40f$, and it's just gone.

she is upset and talking of throwing it in.

Please can you help, restore her faith and fun in this gameHi, please read this thread http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395242 There is information in there that may help your friend.

LynneCH
Jan 26 2011, 05:50 AM
thank you, I have pointed her in that direction, so here's hoping

jeanieNGMsfarm
Jan 26 2011, 07:55 AM

its been over a month close to 2 since my last refuel and i have allot of fuel powered items.. once you get the oil refinery there is no longer a worry about when you will need to refill it would be a great investment

StoneFace
Jan 26 2011, 08:17 AM
its been over a month close to 2 since my last refuel and i have allot of fuel powered items.. once you get the oil refinery there is no longer a worry about when you will need to refill it would be a great investment

ABSOLUTELY

I have an oil rig at every farm (they are cheap, and it only takes coin to get them)

I have one Oil Refinery

I "harvest" the rigs and post the Refinery along with other facilities when I post.... couple or three times weekly.

My last "fill-up" was 1.2 Million fuels.... yep, 1.2 million.

I continue to collect the fuel, and sell it when I sell other products. When I get down to about 150,000 to 200,000 gallons, I will start keeping the inventory for the next re-fuel.

I harvest and plow my own 8 farms, and have the 4 semi trucks and other items that require fuel....... and I NEVER run out.

jeanieNGMsfarm
Jan 26 2011, 08:27 AM
ABSOLUTELY

I have an oil rig at every farm (they are cheap, and it only takes coin to get them)

I have one Oil Refinery

I "harvest" the rigs and post the Refinery along with other facilities when I post.... couple or three times weekly.

My last "fill-up" was 1.2 Million fuels.... yep, 1.2 million.

I continue to collect the fuel, and sell it when I sell other products. When I get down to about 150,000 to 200,000 gallons, I will start keeping the inventory for the next re-fuel.

I harvest and plow my own 8 farms, and have the 4 semi trucks and other items that require fuel....... and I NEVER run out.

my next refuel is going to be a little over a million if i were to refuel right now but i will have over 100,000 so i dont need to do it anytime soon so that number will just go up lol

farmer apples
Jan 26 2011, 08:56 AM
How are people getting so much fuel? I have oil pumps on all 8 farms and one refinery...I only get 65000 when I go to refuel...:confused:

jeanieNGMsfarm
Jan 26 2011, 09:02 AM
How are people getting so much fuel? I have oil pumps on all 8 farms and one refinery...I only get 65000 when I go to refuel...:confused:

when i got mine i saved up my fuel in the refinery for a week or so only used the free ones given by the games so i could save up the fuel i made then my first refuel was around 200,000 and ever since then ive been making more fuel then i use. sometimes i even sell extra when i need coins lol

farmer apples
Jan 26 2011, 09:07 AM
Will give that a try....thank you...:)

mischellesteelersfan
Jan 26 2011, 11:22 AM
i just read the last 2 pages of this thread and where are all the complainers wanting a new update already??

i'm enjoying the newest one but i do wish i could get the bait alot quicker i wish i could manufacture it or have the boat dredge the empty sea coasts for the bait(hmmmm maybe it should be in the suggestion thread lol)

StoneFace
Jan 26 2011, 11:30 AM
i just read the last 2 pages of this thread and where are all the complainers wanting a new update already??

i'm enjoying the newest one but i do wish i could get the bait alot quicker i wish i could manufacture it or have the boat dredge the empty sea coasts for the bait(hmmmm maybe it should be in the suggestion thread lol)

There is a lot of bait available ...... at the sushi plants......:rolleyes::eek::p

lulu836
Jan 26 2011, 02:34 PM
There seem to have been some changes made in the apperance of some of the facilities very recemtly. For instance the ceramic factory now has open sides and small piles of what appears to be raw materials in the fron, hanging flower baskets on either side of the winery and carts of what appears to be raw materials beside each of the facilitiest.When did this happen?

LadyLen
Jan 26 2011, 11:36 PM
Rumor on fb says ft ovr in march this yr. said it came from
newsweek or some such any truth to it?

niknik007
Jan 27 2011, 03:50 AM
Half of my trees disappeared when you did the update and they have not reappeared yet..sent a message to farm town and no response. I have hundreds of trees missing, what happened and how do I get them back??

BrookeB
Jan 27 2011, 05:21 AM
Half of my trees disappeared when you did the update and they have not reappeared yet..sent a message to farm town and no response. I have hundreds of trees missing, what happened and how do I get them back??

Here is a thread for missing items from the farm. The first post on page 1 gives suggestions on things you can do to solve the problem.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373034

dorissau
Jan 27 2011, 07:23 AM
Loving the new facility manager "production chain". Never used the manager before because I always worked my facilities like that. Now.. using it every time !! Wow Thanks!!

Toranut97
Jan 27 2011, 08:03 AM

The report I actually read is that all Facebook games are going to have to use Facebook credits in the future, which would be an end to Farmcash--- I expect we will hear something about this in the future.

And before all the people who boo hoo over Farmcash think this means a free ride, believe me, it does NOT. Facebook credits ain't free either, folks:o

lulu836
Jan 27 2011, 09:09 AM
If the game is going away in March I might as well stop playing now. Wow I have wasted a lot of real cash. Can I get a refund? LOL

jeanieNGMsfarm
Jan 27 2011, 10:49 AM
If the game is going away in March I might as well stop playing now. Wow I have wasted a lot of real cash. Can I get a refund? LOL

personally i wouldnt take this seriously untill there is official word from the developers.. and if it is true i think the developers should create a platform off of facebook because the game is a hit with many dedicated players

amberdh
Jan 27 2011, 11:25 AM

The report I actually read is that all Facebook games are going to have to use Facebook credits in the future, which would be an end to Farmcash--- I expect we will hear something about this in the future.

And before all the people who boo hoo over Farmcash think this means a free ride, believe me, it does NOT. Facebook credits ain't free either, folks:o

personally i wouldnt take this seriously untill there is official word from the developers.. and if it is true i think the developers should create a platform off of facebook because the game is a hit with many dedicated players

Hey guys. Just did a wee bit of research on this.

*note - I could NOT find any official statement from facebook nor was there any information concerning this at Snopes and, of course, nothing from the farmtown developers. At this time this very may well be rumor*

Having said that, this is what I found....

"Facebook will require all games on its site to accept payments through its own virtual currency system beginning July 1.

Although game developers won’t have to use Facebook Credits as their only in-game currency."

-copied from the Boston Globe

Like Toranut97 said, Farmtown is not going anywhere, the articles are only referring to facebook credits.

StoneFace
Jan 27 2011, 12:32 PM

and ..... because it is a source of income for them

Mrs Borgies
Jan 27 2011, 07:42 PM
Is it just my computer or has the blue for the sea and rivers changed? I rather like how the colours now match! :D

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 27 2011, 07:51 PM
Is it just my computer or has the blue for the sea and rivers changed? I rather like how the colours now match! :D

The devs have changed the water to look more realistic and have it all matching based on user input :)

tarawa
Jan 27 2011, 07:52 PM

going to check now..maybe I can get my hotspring a use and make it look like it belongs attached :p

WOWWWWWWWWW. 100% better.Raul..I would give you a teddybear gift..but others may start talking :p

jmdoda4438@comcast.net
Jan 27 2011, 07:53 PM
yes they seem to have changed, I had to go back and look at mine! I really do like it they look great!!

Taz D
Jan 27 2011, 07:57 PM
Now if they will create linkable points for the lakes and seacoast to be able to link to the rivers it will be fabulous!!:)
And level the Seacoast so things don't go under it.

Mrs Borgies
Jan 27 2011, 08:03 PM
The devs have changed the water to look more realistic and have it all matching based on user input :)

It is like a mini update.....well done Devs! :cool:

katsmithBookie
Jan 27 2011, 08:05 PM
I don't know why the Devs don't make salt a part of the minerals mine. Salt is a mineral, and is mined, hence the term 'salt mine'. Sometimes I wonder where the Dev;s come up with some of this stuff.

I have to admit, I've spent quite a few $$$$ of real money to play this game and when I think about how much, I could have bought a playstation, or Wii by now. Unless you want to 'tinker' at the game, you are forced to spend money. I don't mind that part, it is just the AMOUNT of money. Let's get real, lower the prices of thing in the store to a reasonable amount of Farm Cash. I'll still spend my real money, but will have a much better, and enjoyable time playing the game.

...might even have enough money save to send friends game cards and get them playing. What an idea!!!

pangea009
Jan 27 2011, 08:15 PM
Totally awesome job on the water!!!!!! Now, only one thing ..... the water around my watermill does not match the new water..... Can we never be totally happy???? Love you devs!!!!! It's the nature of the beast!

marwahr
Jan 27 2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the change in the ponds, seacoast and such. Love the look! You Devs are awesome! :)

Lavenda
Jan 27 2011, 08:23 PM
The updated water is beaut-i-ful! Thanks Devs!

bucknine
Jan 27 2011, 08:34 PM
Valentine stuff is out. GREAT job Devs.

SunnyD
Jan 27 2011, 08:54 PM
lol i couldn't load my facilities knew they were up to something... i am guessing since the valentine's is all from last year there is more to come.. this was just a taste..... can't wait to see what new stuff we get.....heading to check my water stuff....

ScottLanter
Jan 27 2011, 08:55 PM
I don't know why the Devs don't make salt a part of the minerals mine. Salt is a mineral, and is mined, hence the term 'salt mine'. Sometimes I wonder where the Dev;s come up with some of this stuff.

I have to admit, I've spent quite a few $$$$ of real money to play this game and when I think about how much, I could have bought a playstation, or Wii by now. Unless you want to 'tinker' at the game, you are forced to spend money. I don't mind that part, it is just the AMOUNT of money. Let's get real, lower the prices of thing in the store to a reasonable amount of Farm Cash. I'll still spend my real money, but will have a much better, and enjoyable time playing the game.

...might even have enough money save to send friends game cards and get them playing. What an idea!!!

You've spent enough Farm Cash to buy a Playstation, or a Wii? I'd be curious to know how much you've spent. Also, keep in mind that you still have to buy games for those game systems. I'd say we're getting a pretty good deal with Farm Town. I don't know of any game on a Playstation or Wii that continually upgrades with new features.

JAS0643
Jan 27 2011, 09:14 PM
lol i couldn't load my facilities knew they were up to something... i am guessing since the valentine's is all from last year there is more to come.. this was just a taste..... can't wait to see what new stuff we get.....heading to check my water stuff....

There is a few new things in the store, not sure if there will be more new stuff or if this is it.

SunnyD
Jan 27 2011, 09:21 PM
wow the water is great... and finally my bait is showing up it said minus before... wonder if they will change the waterfall colors?? not sure if it is needed or not..... what do you think ??

moravia
Jan 27 2011, 09:47 PM
LOVE the new water color - but I went to exchange some gifts into bait and it won't let me exchange. It just takes me to my farm. WAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tarawa
Jan 27 2011, 09:51 PM
LOVE the new water color - but I went to exchange some gifts into bait and it won't let me exchange. It just takes me to my farm. WAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just visited the help section..they are aware and looking into it...I blame the teddy bears:D

moravia
Jan 27 2011, 10:02 PM
Just visited the help section..they are aware and looking into it...I blame the teddy bears:D

Me too - sneaky little devils. Good to know it's getting cleared up.

earlgray
Jan 27 2011, 11:05 PM
After looking over and thinking more about the new color of the water, I have to say that there is a definite improvement in that there is a bigger spectrum of colors (i.e. not just a single solid color) and not such a bright royal blue. I particularly like the big lake, especially how there is an area of lighter greenish blue near the shore. But I would have been happier if the rivers had not been such a dark blue, and if there had been more of that lighter greenish blue that I mentioned in them, and also some little grayish and whitish blues and maybe even a few bits of slightly purplish blue tones. Also, with the edges of the rivers so much darker than the rest, it really looks odd now where people overlap them, as they very commonly do; because of that, I think the edges should not be so much different from the middle of the river.

As for the seacoasts, I can see why you might want them to be the same color as the rivers, since many people make layouts where rivers flow into seacoasts, but really, if you Google images of seacoasts, you will see that in most cases the water is a much lighter almost aqua color (not surprising since the word aqua is Latin for water).

So I applaud and thank you for your efforts to respond to the complaints about the colors, and I think there are some definite improvements. I also acknowledge that it's pretty hard to please everybody. But at the same time, I think using generally lighter (and some greener and whiter) shades of blue would make them a lot better still. Try Googling images of seacoasts, lakes and rivers, and I think you will see what I mean.

SunnyD
Jan 27 2011, 11:23 PM
Valentine Teddy bear Gremlins are holding the bait hostage

gffarmer
Jan 27 2011, 11:32 PM
Love the water and the new Valentine items! I really like the Valentine store and house!!

VeronicaT
Jan 28 2011, 12:24 AM

LOL I have no trouble keeping up with bait and salt. I want to see my major facility farm at 100% but I kept running out of cheese so I fixed my issue by posting a link but I do it so late only the neighbors I'm related to work them and they only do the things I want done. I haven't yet gotten it to 100% utilization thanks to my Petrochemical Plant being on there. But one thing I think we need is to have cheese available as a gift and somehow be able to collect salt from at least the seacoasts. Not to mention making bait available for purchase. But for now, I'm happy because I get enough bait and have no plans to buy any other bodies of water other than another large lake with boat so I can get more salmon to use in my smokehouse.

SueW170
Jan 28 2011, 12:27 AM
It changed. Now the seacoast water which was a more pleasant, lighter shade of blue/deep aqua is the same color as the river sections, ponds and lakes. All are a ridiculous, ugly dark blue (as though someone upset a tank car of dark blue dye in the water. Ugly, ugly, ugle.

I was one of those who had early on suggested a more natural lighter greenish-grayish-blue color for the water features. Seriously, I don't think this new artificial looking dark blue color was what most of us had in mind when we suggested a change. :mad:
I hid, as best I could, the river sections with trees, paths and boulders. Used small seacoasts to simulate a river on one of my farms because the color looked better and used pairs of small seacoasts as lakes on two farms (might as well delete those now). .... Maybe one or more of the swimming pools could be used for lakes. Since I don't fish my water, it's for decoration only.

Taz D
Jan 28 2011, 12:38 AM
Guess you can't please everyone. I like it myself because it looks more realistic than the flat light blue we had.

servocrow
Jan 28 2011, 07:18 AM

oooh....I love it. Very nice.

bonnie00
Jan 28 2011, 07:47 AM
Are u thinking about adding A max button soon? I ask because I'm getting arthritis with all the clicking! :(

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 28 2011, 08:06 AM
After looking over and thinking more about the new color of the water, I have to say that there is a definite improvement in that there is a bigger spectrum of colors (i.e. not just a single solid color) and not such a bright royal blue. I particularly like the big lake, especially how there is an area of lighter greenish blue near the shore. But I would have been happier if the rivers had not been such a dark blue, and if there had been more of that lighter greenish blue that I mentioned in them, and also some little grayish and whitish blues and maybe even a few bits of slightly purplish blue tones. Also, with the edges of the rivers so much darker than the rest, it really looks odd now where people overlap them, as they very commonly do; because of that, I think the edges should not be so much different from the middle of the river.

As for the seacoasts, I can see why you might want them to be the same color as the rivers, since many people make layouts where rivers flow into seacoasts, but really, if you Google images of seacoasts, you will see that in most cases the water is a much lighter almost aqua color (not surprising since the word aqua is Latin for water).

So I applaud and thank you for your efforts to respond to the complaints about the colors, and I think there are some definite improvements. I also acknowledge that it's pretty hard to please everybody. But at the same time, I think using generally lighter (and some greener and whiter) shades of blue would make them a lot better still. Try Googling images of seacoasts, lakes and rivers, and I think you will see what I mean.

Based on user info...and I can tell you they thought about it carefully, they decided to make them look similar for continuity and knowing that people design with them wanted a better look instead of what I called that plastic blue :)

Pebbles69
Jan 28 2011, 09:00 AM
K i see Valentines Day stuff!!!!!!!!!!! Did we get anything else?!?!?!

gffarmer
Jan 28 2011, 09:44 AM
Is anyone else having trouble trying to gift the Happy Valentine's signs?

SueW170
Jan 28 2011, 01:14 PM
earlgray wrote: "So I applaud and thank you for your efforts to respond to the complaints about the colors, and I think there are some definite improvements. I also acknowledge that it's pretty hard to please everybody. But at the same time, I think using generally lighter (and some greener and whiter) shades of blue would make them a lot better still. Try Googling images of seacoasts, lakes and rivers, and I think you will see what I mean."
-----------
You've said it much better than I did, earlgray. We're basically on the same page about variation in colors of the water. I also agree with you about the river sections being darker at the edges -- that doesn't seem quite right looking for overlapping sections and also, generally rivers are lighter at the edge where the water is shallow and deeper in whatever shade they are in the middle of the river.

SueW170
Jan 28 2011, 01:21 PM
Really, it isn't logical that all bodies of water be the same shade of blue. The ocean (in real life) doesn't have the same colors as the rivers which flow into it. Shallow lakes are generally lighter in color than deep lakes. Rarely are any bodies of water as blue-blue as on FT although I admit that toning down the bright, bright shae of the rivers, lakes and ponds and adding some variation in color is somewhat more pleasant looking than what one poster called the "plastic blue."
So right, Farmslave:) with the comment that "you can't please everyone." Kudos to teh developers for their efforts -- regardless my personal thoughts about the result:)

LAURI ANNE
Jan 28 2011, 01:25 PM
I love the water change!! I had not noticed it because I have been working my mothers and sisters farms as well as mine. I have to redo my water sections, but heck, that is half the fun of the game for me.

I would be up at the top end of levels but I used to rip my farm apart to make interesting designs before we had all these neat new things to play with.

Thank you, this is my favorite game!!!!

Farmer Rabbit
Jan 28 2011, 02:51 PM
Yea! Hip Hip Hooray!!!! I'm doing a little Valentine dance :p Thank you for the new & returning stuff!!!

josh meehan
Jan 28 2011, 03:11 PM
great job guys - lovin it

i like the max idea i have all of them and get tiered of loading them every week

jesdreher
Jan 28 2011, 03:23 PM
Thank you for bringing back the valentines stuff, and in good time for valentine's day at that. I also like the color change for the various bodies of water. They are definitely more interesting now. I hope you guys put that same effort into maybe 1) more trophies/challenges and/or 2) clothes/hairstyles for our avatars. For me, both of these suggestions are much higher on my wish list than the color of our lakes. Since these things have already been suggested in the suggestion thread, I'm hoping that maybe a little reinforcement here will help prod the devs. The day we get either one of these things will be a great day in FT history in my opinion. I don't need any more facilities...I've already scaled back on them...I just want my avatar to look a little more fashionable and have a little more challenge in her day to day activities.

mcdaddie
Jan 28 2011, 06:35 PM
Thank you for bringing back the valentines stuff, and in good time for valentine's day at that. I also like the color change for the various bodies of water. They are definitely more interesting now. I hope you guys put that same effort into maybe 1) more trophies/challenges and/or 2) clothes/hairstyles for our avatars. For me, both of these suggestions are much higher on my wish list than the color of our lakes. Since these things have already been suggested in the suggestion thread, I'm hoping that maybe a little reinforcement here will help prod the devs. The day we get either one of these things will be a great day in FT history in my opinion. I don't need any more facilities...I've already scaled back on them...I just want my avatar to look a little more fashionable and have a little more challenge in her day to day activities.

You are kidding here right?? Avatar clothes and trophies, really?? I think you would be happier in FarmVille (brand X ). They do all that and drove me away. Farmtown in the MOST realistic game on facebook today. The devs put out a product that gets 99% accolades on every release. I wish we didn't even have avatars. They are always in the way and too slow to get stuff done. I know they are tired tho. LOL

servocrow
Jan 28 2011, 06:48 PM
You are kidding here right?? Avatar clothes and trophies, really?? I think you would be happier in FarmVille (brand X ). They do all that and drove me away. Farmtown in the MOST realistic game on facebook today. The devs put out a product that gets 99% accolades on every release. I wish we didn't even have avatars. They are always in the way and too slow to get stuff done. I know they are tired tho. LOL

OOOOH...a Retire the Avatar Campaign....I LIKE IT!!!! :D

felicitycoombs
Jan 28 2011, 07:36 PM
Hi There,

11. The Level Bar now shows the correct amount of XP left to the next level.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

where can i find a list of the number of XP required for the levels now?

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 28 2011, 07:37 PM
where can i find a list of the number of XP required for the levels now?

Chapter 26 in the Game Guide (link to game guide in my signature).

merianb
Jan 28 2011, 08:59 PM

I'm one of those who has suggested new clothes and more options for our avatars. I don't play Farmville and never will. Why is wanting better avatars or trophies such a big deal? If you don't want to change your appearance you don't have to.

jesdreher
Jan 29 2011, 09:43 AM

Nope, not kidding. I've done the FV thing...Zynga lost me when the game became so slow as to be unplayable and there wasn't enough space to both farm and decorate. I *do* however like how they let you personalize your avatars with their games. I would probably choose more realistic looking clothing/hairstyles, but they do at least try to give some variation for their players. I see it as a way to show some originality, just like decorating our farms. Why not decorate our avatars too?

I agree that FT is the most realistic game, and I like that. If we're going for realism, shouldn't our avatars have more choices? At any rate, if that's not your thing, that's OK. I know many people would like it (see the avatar thread in the suggestions section) so why not? No one would force you to dress your avatar or change its hairstyle. As for challenges, I like them because they help give you a concrete goal to work towards. I've maxed out on the levels, so that's no longer a goal. Right now my goal is to fully upgrade farm 8, but that will be achieved in relatively good time. Not everyone likes/needs to have the goals to work towards, but others do. To each his own, eh?

Docperk
Jan 29 2011, 12:14 PM
I am commenting on your tag line, "MY ONGOING WISH TO THE DEVS: Please, get rid of the flying coins, flying XP and flying crops when harvesting and plowing. It's a huge memory hog and serves no functional purpose."

Looks like the went the other way. Today I have started seeing new more vivid pictures of the crop flying around. And it is dog @$$ slow. I am sure that will be be some people that like for some reason.

cldemp1949
Jan 29 2011, 12:24 PM
How do I get chilli powder? What plants do I need to have?

Rob T
Jan 29 2011, 12:59 PM
How do I get chilli powder? What plants do I need to have?

Plant peppers (the little red & yellow ones) and then you'd need the spice factory to produce the chili powder from the chili peppers

antmh
Jan 29 2011, 04:20 PM
I agree with the MAX button for facs.. I am having carpel tunnel issues trying to fill all of them and when I have duplicates of some that's just more clicking to fill them...lol
Thanks!

ronbolles
Jan 29 2011, 07:01 PM
I can not seem to get fuel though I have three oil refineries ,and when you fish it does not count each fish , every thing else seems to work fine .

wheelinl
Jan 29 2011, 07:11 PM
Is anyone else experiencing problems with fields partially going back to a previous layout and animals disappearing out of the barns? It is about to drive me insane!!

Tony D
Jan 29 2011, 07:21 PM
Is anyone else experiencing problems with fields partially going back to a previous layout and animals disappearing out of the barns? It is about to drive me insane!!Hi, try clearing your memory cache and deleting your macromedia files and see if that helps. There is info on doing this in the blue link below.

wheelinl
Jan 29 2011, 07:30 PM
Thank you! I will try that.

jrjlprev
Jan 29 2011, 09:55 PM
Thank you for the updates! great game! love playing! only a couple issues; faster factory working; so it's less clicking! more xp points for items made in factories that require more ingredients to make; lets make it fair; if it uses 2 items; then 2 xp points for the final product! thanks!

jrjlprev
Jan 29 2011, 09:59 PM
Love the new water designs!!! very realistic!

jrjlprev
Jan 29 2011, 10:01 PM
I agree with Wendums. A max button in the facilities to produce maximum amount of productions with your harvests would be great! To go one step further in the new facilities manager how about a store all productions button that would send all items to your storage in one click. Even if there were an individual button for each facility on the pending page of each facility that would be helpful.

WoW this would be awesome!!! Hope this updates comes soon! Sure would help us with the clicking issue!!!

usmcmom2008
Jan 30 2011, 12:22 AM
Not only a MAX button and a STORE ALL button.. But how about a separate storage for NON Ingredient items that we sell off for coins? I have a lot of facilities, and I also plant quite a bit to build my facilities up for production. Soon as I empty my facilities of product I am at max storage amount and more than likely lose a lot of my product. I do not know if a separate facility is feasible and if not, maybe when we clear our facility of NON ingredient items it sells off automatically when we clear it out.

SparkyTX
Jan 30 2011, 12:56 PM
Also want to tell you how great the water looks, so very realistic! Love it. It is so nice to know that while we try to make our farms be not only functioning farms, we also like for them to look nice, sometimes VERY nice. It is good to know that you care as much as we do about the appearance of our little homesteads.

I also appreciate all the great updates and my 8th farm, yay. Not being a terribly patient person, lol, I was really looking forward to it's release, but I sure didn't expect all of the other great things you gave to us along with it. Keep up the great work. We do appreciate it.

I do have a question and lots of suggestions, but will try to keep those to a minimum, since you all seem to be doing so well on your own. My question is - where do my chopped oak and pine logs keep disappearing to? I will empty my cache, sell all my things from storage that aren't needed for production, chop my trees, go look in storage and they just aren't there. On occasion, I have the same problem with wheat and sugar, and you know how much of that we all use, so I can't be losing such important crops. Any suggestions other than the ususal ones, because I really have done "the list". Thanks

Now, about the suggestions: My first is just in agreement about lowering the number of clicks. Like the ones who said that there are just too many clicks ( no carpel tunnel yet, but it is giving me shoulder problems, lol, that and old age) one click to load, one click to sell all non-necessary products for production (with maybe a lock button on those items, just in case someone is holding them, thinking that they may be added soon to a production line, like the flax just was) just anything to make production faster and more efficient. I love my farms and factories, but just don't have all the time or energy right now to do all of this clicking. In relation to that, could the tree shaker and flower harvester just do the whole farm with one click also. Again, there could be a lock button for each set of trees and flowers so that those could not be included in the harvest. Perhaps a button on the top bar that would pull down, show each type of tree and flower on that farm and have a "do not harvest" box next to it, similar to the ones we have to block trees, flowers, etc. I love both of these tools, but a one click would make it even more productive and much faster.

I am for making anything faster and with less clicks, so how about a fishing boat that takes one click? We get all of the fish (BTW, love the new bait and 2X the fish!) and can do it quickly without all of those clicks again. The boat, when it was released was my fav new thing, but still so many clicks when added in with all of the other clicking going on. I didn't mind all the clicking so much in the past, but now that the old body is beginning to complain, I sure don't want to have to stop playing my favorite and one & only farm game - Farmtown Rocks!

Thank you for more storage, needed it badly, hope you can continue adding as you add more factories, new plants and trees, etc. I try to keep my items in storage down as best I can, but once again, all that clicking slows down progress. Oh, and can we get a little more storage for items? You give us such great stuff, especially at the holiday times, and most of it I want to keep, but even though I have the max number of neighbors, I keep getting the message that my storage is full. And how about giving the big barn storage use, perhaps we could store all of our tools in it? I have one, but it also is in storage because since it has no functional use, at this time, I had to use the area it was on for a facility that does have a use. Just a thought

But, to get back to my original reason for leaving a message, thank you very much for all of your hard work, all the farms, all the great updates, and now, going back and updating the look of the water, just super - all of you. Now, I need to get back to my clicking ;-)

Witch Hazel
Jan 30 2011, 09:49 PM
Love the new water color! LOVE the new Valentine's day stuff! Thanks for keeping old stuff and adding new this year! My All Seasons Farm is looking quite lovey-dovey now! Uh....so what about #9? (tee hee....couldn't resist a jab)

Witch Hazel
Jan 30 2011, 09:51 PM
My husband and I were watching a documentary about Pompeii the other night, and then coincendtly my grandaughter is studying about it in school right now. So last night I woke up from a nightmare about all the new gift items were made of black ash. Think I need a break?

Tony D
Jan 30 2011, 11:13 PM
My husband and I were watching a documentary about Pompeii the other night, and then coincendtly my grandaughter is studying about it in school right now. So last night I woke up from a nightmare about all the new gift items were made of black ash. Think I need a break?From watching documentaries ?? Might help :p

Touch_Stone2002
Jan 31 2011, 09:39 AM
If you want the bait, then you would use it for fishing. It will magically appear and be used as you fish on your farm. If others fish on your farm, they will use your bait (as its to your benefit that they are fishing for you).

If you dont want the bait, when you get it as a gift, exchange it for something you want by hitting the exchange button in the gift acceptance screen.

Touch_Stone2002
Jan 31 2011, 09:44 AM
My husband and I were watching a documentary about Pompeii the other night, and then coincendtly my grandaughter is studying about it in school right now. So last night I woke up from a nightmare about all the new gift items were made of black ash. Think I need a break?

When did you have time to watch a documentary??? Were any crops lost while you were watching it? Now THAT would be a nightmare! :D

Touch_Stone2002
Jan 31 2011, 10:29 AM
Is anyone else experiencing problems with fields partially going back to a previous layout and animals disappearing out of the barns? It is about to drive me insane!!

Yes I have just started noticing that in the last few days....I took great pains re routing gifts and changing them into hens....then loading the new hens in my coops and half of them are gone.

Speaking of gifts...why do the hens and cows pictures get all jumbled up on the gift page listing? When it starts to do this, I notice that transferring them to the farm starts to slow down, and I have to go dump cache, temp files like every three animal placements. Quite maddening and very slow. :(

CSLewis
Jan 31 2011, 11:44 AM
First, thank you for all the wonderful updates. Still waiting for sand cover and alternate views of some of the older facilities.

A couple of other things I have seen posted here I wanted to address. I am definitely all for a fill all button for facilities, as I have all that are available and it takes me probably an hour to two a day to fill depending on how many friends work them.

The storage issue. I see people all the time complain about things going missing, or storage being too full. Not including ingredients from my facilities, I have over 1.2 million of raw crops/flowers/fish in storage. The only time I ever get a notice of being full is if I empty all my facilities at once without having emptied for a couple weeks. I just don't understand all the complaining.

Next is all the begging for being able to harvest with one click. For pete's sakes this is a farming game. Don't plant so much if you don't want to click. I have 4 farms that are completely covered with trees. I can harvest all of them in under 15 minutes. I have 4 large coasts, 4 lakes, and 33 small sea coasts that I harvest alone.. It takes under 20 minutes. Yes I have the tools to do them and that's enough for me.

If you don't want to spend the time to do the work, don't create so much work. There is a difference between making a suggestion and whining because you want it ALL and are to lazy to earn what you get.

Touch_Stone2002
Jan 31 2011, 01:34 PM
Yes I have just started noticing that in the last few days....I took great pains re routing gifts and changing them into hens....then loading the new hens in my coops and half of them are gone.

Speaking of gifts...why do the hens and cows pictures get all jumbled up on the gift page listing? When it starts to do this, I notice that transferring them to the farm starts to slow down, and I have to go dump cache, temp files like every three animal placements. Quite maddening and very slow. :(

I cant find a post to post this to, so I guess Ill post it here....I have a very hard time finding threads, maybe some remedial instruction? Search does not work for me.

Anyway...I have a suggestion for the animals that go into sheds, coops sty's etc....when we receive them as a gift, it takes 6 clicks per animal to load it into the desired facility. The game started out with all the animals going straight onto the farm, there were no facilities to put them in. Now that there are, I would hope the default would be the animal goes straight into the shed on that farm. If we want to pull them out, we can do so.

Or maybe better yet...when we accept them as a gift, have a default in our tools list to place them on farm, or place then in a shed.

Something...anything to reduce the clicks! (My carpel is tunneling from all the clicking too! :eek:)

I appreciate all the Devs do...the game is basically a fun and relaxing experience. This is a beta game, and improvements should be welcomed, and I see a lot of ideas that started out as discussion on the forums come to fruition in the game.

Keep up the great works guys!

Tiger
Jan 31 2011, 01:46 PM
I cant find a post to post this to, so I guess Ill post it here....I have a very hard time finding threads, maybe some remedial instruction? Search does not work for me.

Hi,

I shortened your post quoted in mine just to show what i'm answering.

Top left of this page, just under "slashkey.com" is "Farm Town". Click on that and it will show you the main sections in the forum. You can then click on those sections to show the various threads within that section.

To post in suggestions , click on that link and look for the most appropriate thread for your idea, and post it as a reply there. Here's the link to suggestions...
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2