PDA

View Full Version : Belt System Updates -- June 2nd, 2011

Pages : 1 [2] 3

jeemersmom
Jun 05 2011, 03:41 PM
The changes are better, but....please change putting flower bonuses into gift box as plants. Most who get the bonus have so many plants that they don't want to have more.

stitchingranny
Jun 05 2011, 03:59 PM
Brilliant, something for the higher levels to aim for now.

I do agree with the person who said the 3hour limit needs to go - this penalises the people who go out to work who therefore are only able to play maybe two or three hours a day. A per day system would be much fairer.

LoreneC
Jun 05 2011, 04:05 PM
Some things I do not like about the belts.

The dans are not hard enough. 3 full farms of rice got me the 3rd degree dan belt that is not hard to do they need to be much harder. It should be at least one full 24x24 no spaces farm between belts. I don't mean impossible to get but it does need to be hard. Making it harder would solve the pop up and posting issue.

You must have made the dan belts retroactive to when the belts where released because I am a 3rd degree dan belt in rice and I have not harvested any rice since the dans came out.
The 250,000 limit is a joke. I can only get 1 or 2 bonuses sent to me and forget about clicking on anyone's bonus if I have posted one. The amount needs to be uped a little more.

I do not hate the belts as some do I actually like the idea of them but your harvest needs for all the belts is just too low. I harvested a full 24x24 no spaces farm of coffee the other day and got the black belt. That is not a challenge even for a level 20 player. All the belts need to be harder to get because as it is right now non of them are a challenge for anyone even the new players. I think yall wanted to give the people that wanted something to do something to do but also give the people that said they do not want something hard like that other game added to the game and made the belts way to easy because of it. There is a happy medium between having no goals in the game and doing it the way zynga does them. Yall missed that mark big time with the belts because you made them way to easy.

I would love to see other goals or quest type stuff added to the game but please think long and hard about them. With these things in mind.

Make them fun
not impossible to do
give us a little bit of a challenge with them
have some neighbor requirements to them
do not put a ton of neighbor requirements or make it where we have to spam our news feeds or neighbors with request for stuff
do not put them on the screen where people have to look at them
give us a box or something like the facility manger in the tools that we can go to view quest that way the people that do not want to do them will never have to look at them

if a person chooses not to do a quest they will not be prevented from leveling up or unlocking anything in the store it will just be something fun we can do with our neighbors but the ones that choose not to do them will not be penalized for that.

I think if you where to add quest or goals with those in mind it would make a lot of players happy even the ones that do not want them in the game. It will really help you to keep new and old players. You could release a goal or quest once a week that way people feel like they are getting some kind of update every week even if it is just a new quest.

This is well thought out post with good ideas, please consider them.

About the belts: I like them OK. I really appreciate the fact that you are trying to think up new challenges etc.

As far as the fact that "belts" are used a measurment, that is fine, it is just a term for measurment, it does not make me a ninja farmer or anything. :p

artisanrox
Jun 05 2011, 05:48 PM
This is well thought out post with good ideas, please consider them.

I agree, especially that the Dan belts are not nearly high enough.

About the belts: I like them OK. I really appreciate the fact that you are trying to think up new challenges etc.

As far as the fact that "belts" are used a measurment, that is fine, it is just a term for measurment, it does not make me a ninja farmer or anything. :p

But I wanna be a ninja farmer. :(

ghostkitten
Jun 05 2011, 06:31 PM
While I like the idea of the belts it would be nice if I could post any of my levels on my wall....The 1st day I got 2 notices..Thats was it......I get msgs I have Black,brown belts but no option to post to my wall......:(:(..All my neighbors have them plastered all over my wall......Whats up with that..I have harvested all day today...Nothing ..nadda.....:mad::mad:

n1gxq
Jun 05 2011, 06:47 PM
I'm more worried by the gifts that we have accepted remaining on the list so that we show many more gifts available than are really there. The only bright spot in this is that the newer gifts are at the top of the list and you just accept them in order and when you reach the first one that you have already received it will take you to your farm instead of the gift receiving routine.

Jean's Farm
Jun 05 2011, 06:52 PM
Raul the limits of 3 hours got to go, please make it PER DAY, You are trying to force people to play longer and you are gonna have a lot of peed off people. I haven't clicked on 1 news feed or received anything and I am at my limit. This is a Zynga tactic 2 clicks for 1 friend will stop collection for 3 hours. I like the belt idea but the 3 hours for collecting and 12 hours for buying are plain and simply dumb in my opinion.

I disagree....it makes you think more while playing the game.....do I want to click on this or wait for something I need worse. You don't have to play longer....just have to play smarter. I like getting extra crops etc!!! Just my opinion!!! :)

Jean's Farm
Jun 05 2011, 06:56 PM
I'm more worried by the gifts that we have accepted remaining on the list so that we show many more gifts available than are really there. The only bright spot in this is that the newer gifts are at the top of the list and you just accept them in order and when you reach the first one that you have already received it will take you to your farm instead of the gift receiving routine.

This is a facebook problem not a farmtown problem. FB is supposedly working on it....It's happening to ALL games...not just FT. Your bright spot is a good idea.....I'm even writing down the first gift on the list so I don't click on it when I come back. :D

Kimmyann
Jun 05 2011, 07:04 PM
I agree with Jean - with these Farmville-esque subterfuges, you might lose fans that aren't on 24/7. Do you just want retirees to play Farm Town? I love this game, but I do have a real life outside, should I just perch on my home page full time to reap any results that Farm Town has to offer? Just asking...

Baba 947
Jun 05 2011, 07:15 PM
Now that we have the belt system in place, how about allowing us to sort seeds/trees by belt level. It would help us to track our progress and let us see which belts we still need to update.

Grammy 11
Jun 05 2011, 07:15 PM
I agree with Jean - with these Farmville-esque subterfuges, you might lose fans that aren't on 24/7. Do you just want retirees to play Farm Town? I love this game, but I do have a real life outside, should I just perch on my home page full time to reap any results that Farm Town has to offer? Just asking...

Retirees have a life outside.

Docperk
Jun 05 2011, 07:33 PM

That may work for some but I had a munch of gifts that I had not accepted yet, so I have a bunch that I had plans for. My concern is what is going to happen to them when they do get it fixed. Are they going to really know what has been accepted and what has not or are they going to wipe them out or are we still going to have to go through them all again? Could be a pain no matter which way it goes.

barbara nixon
Jun 05 2011, 07:36 PM
i'm wondering where the 250000 coins comes from? i sent out 1 black belt of corn .got 1 box in gifts..i haven't been able to collect the rest of the day..get the 250000 message every time when i go try to collect a bonus..am i missing something or is my game timer messed up..surely 1 box of corn isn't wor
th that..besides i won't sell it i use all my crops..thank you..sincerely barbara nixon/toad haven...

Taz D
Jun 05 2011, 09:02 PM
i dont think stuff is getting counted accuratly, cause i have the exact same number of maple trees as i do pine trees, and i harvest them myself once every day, and they are way far apart belt-wise.

I should be the same belt/dan status on both trees. both trees yeild the same amount of logs
But they don't count the same because they are not the same value.

Hyacinth Bucket
Jun 05 2011, 09:31 PM
So could someone please tell me just how long a FT 3 hours is please? We all know that a FT day is only 20 hours long so that would mean a FT 3 hour wait should be shorter than three hours or is my maths wrong here?

So far this morning I've waited FIVE hours and I'm still getting the 'you can only accept blah blah every three hours' message when I try to claim!

Otherwise I'm really enjoying the new belt system :D

Grammy 11
Jun 05 2011, 09:38 PM
So could someone please tell me just how long a FT 3 hours is please? We all know that a FT day is only 20 hours long so that would mean a FT 3 hour wait should be shorter than three hours or is my maths wrong here?

So far this morning I've waited FIVE hours and I'm still getting the 'you can only accept blah blah every three hours' message when I try to claim!

Otherwise I'm really enjoying the new belt system :D
Ditto - well said

rubberleggs47
Jun 05 2011, 09:40 PM
OK, I know I'm slow sometimes, but I just don't get the belts. I have the manure spreader, so I already get 2 for 1 for each crop. What would the purpose of another single box of a crop be for? And is there anything that shows what belts we have? I didn't pay attention to all the pop-ups since they were coming so fast.....

I don't get this at all either. I need someone to explain it to me.

Shellgirlmtl
Jun 05 2011, 09:46 PM
I've been harvesting for the last 4 hours... I skipped a few Black Belt postings because I knew I would reach the Dan Degree in a few crops and didn't want to use up my 3 posts per 3 hrs... now that I am reaching my Dan Degrees I can't post, I don't get the pop up window anymore... I'm still receiving bonuses from some Black Belt posts from this morning, is it because I have reached my 250,000 coin limit that I can't post the Dans... I don't really care for me but I want to be able to post for my friends to collect...

caba
Jun 05 2011, 09:54 PM
I've been harvesting for the last 4 hours... I skipped a few Black Belt postings because I knew I would reach the Dan Degree in a few crops and didn't want to use up my 3 posts per 3 hrs... now that I am reaching my Dan Degrees I can't post, I don't get the pop up window anymore... I'm still receiving bonuses from some Black Belt posts from this morning, is it because I have reached my 250,000 coin limit that I can't post the Dans... I don't really care for me but I want to be able to post for my friends to collect...

I am the same. I didn't want to flood my wall, so waited until I reached a higher level but then didn't get the option to post (presumably as I had chosen not to post the lower ones).

Shellgirlmtl
Jun 05 2011, 10:00 PM
I know for crops and trees bought from the store, etc. you go to the store to see what level you are at and how much you need to harvest to get to the next level... Where can we go to check what level we are at for our giftable trees???:(

Randall_Lind
Jun 05 2011, 10:02 PM
I just click on 1 post tonight and it said I already reach my 250,000 they need to raise this limit. Why try to help prople when it doesn't work.

Hyacinth Bucket
Jun 05 2011, 10:17 PM
It does work Randall, I think the time limit is a bit out that's all. The ONE you clicked on was probably worth all of your 250,000 limit, whereas I can sometimes get as many as four clicks/claims before I reach the limit. It all depends on what the crop is worth, some are worth more than others. You need to pick & choose your claims.

Randall_Lind
Jun 05 2011, 10:27 PM
They need to raise it to 1 million coins that what they can give you if you lose products etc. So 1 million coins every 3 hours would be good.

Right now it's not very helpful.

Mrs. Pink
Jun 05 2011, 10:32 PM
I agree! The current limit is way too small! :(

1 million coins every 3 hours would be good.

Mrs. Pink
Jun 05 2011, 10:34 PM
I am having the same problem. :(

i'm wondering where the 250000 coins comes from? i sent out 1 black belt of corn .got 1 box in gifts..i haven't been able to collect the rest of the day..get the 250000 message every time when i go try to collect a bonus..am i missing something or is my game timer messed up..surely 1 box of corn isn't wor
th that..besides i won't sell it i use all my crops..thank you..sincerely barbara nixon/toad haven...

Hyacinth Bucket
Jun 05 2011, 11:22 PM
It all depends on how big the box of corn was as to how much it was worth, obviously a fairly large one to be worth 250,000.

And of course, it wouldn't matter how large the bonus was it would never be enough for some people. I'm just happy to be getting anything for no extra work!

meinhardt76
Jun 06 2011, 12:00 AM
Thank you this is much better.

earlgray
Jun 06 2011, 12:04 AM
4. The limitations will be separate from the one used when you request ingredients, meaning you can post 3 times and earn up to 250000 coins requesting ingredients and also post 3 times and earn up to 250000 coins requesting bonuses on the same 3 hours. Also, you can help a friend by sending him ingredients and also help the same friend right after that by sending him a bonus, you will also get the benefits for both actions if you are below the 250000 limit.

I saw a post about this in my email but couldn't find it on the forum to respond to. Today I helped one friend by sending a bonus, then helped a second friend by sending a bonus. I got a note that the 2nd friend got the bonus but that I didn't get anything because I was over the 250000 coin limit. The problem is that it is really hard to know whether you are over the 250000 limit, so it would be far preferable to have a different sort of limit. For example, it would be better to only be able to send 3 friends bonuses within 3 hours; that is something far easier to keep track of.

It would also be nice to know what your current belt status is for trees that can only be received as gifts.

Thanks!

RFMad
Jun 06 2011, 12:58 AM
I saw a post about this in my email but couldn't find it on the forum to respond to. Today I helped one friend by sending a bonus, then helped a second friend by sending a bonus. I got a note that the 2nd friend got the bonus but that I didn't get anything because I was over the 250000 coin limit. The problem is that it is really hard to know whether you are over the 250000 limit, so it would be far preferable to have a different sort of limit. For example, it would be better to only be able to send 3 friends bonuses within 3 hours; that is something far easier to keep track of.

It would also be nice to know what your current belt status is for trees that can only be received as gifts.

Thanks!

You can't tell when you click on something how much it's worth. The post at least needs to say how much not that you received the bushels. It never mentions 250,000. That limit really needs to be lifted. The time limit isn't working since it's been over 6 hours since I received a bonus and I still can't collect any :(

chrisluvsanimals
Jun 06 2011, 12:59 AM
How about a chart that tells us the exact number of harvests we need for each product/each belt?

How can we find out how many harvests we need for things like trees we could only get as gifts?

Oopsy-Bumpty
Jun 06 2011, 01:00 AM
If we are lucky enough to receive the extra crops based on our belt ranks, there doesn't seem to be any way of telling how much extra we received. Is the bonus quantity random, or based on a percentage of the amount harvested?

As for the limits on extra ingredient requests that everyone is moaning about, I personally am happy with them, it seems the more you give players the more they want. Sorry but I had to get that off my chest.

kahra01
Jun 06 2011, 01:58 AM
First off let me say i hate this belt thing...This seems like a case of someone being asleep at the wheel:eek: I,ve spent hunderds of dollars on this game not just for me but for friends or neighbors. Could you please explain to me why i need a belt? This game is starting to get to silly not too long ago we were told not to stack/layer fields if it was mentioned one of the quick draw mods would remove the post, what,s up with that? I,ve never did that to any of mine because of the slowness of the game but now farmtown is infested with these farms. How about doing something for us who don,t stack or layer like maybe a x4 or a x5 fertlizer for farmcash or would that be to easy since we already have a x2? I quit spending money when the dance facility came out i have a real farm and know many others who do, not one of them have a dance facility on them. I think what happened was slashkey left the door open & the wrong dogs came home:eek: So i say this run them dogs out take control of your hizzel & shut that door before it,s too late. Be careful not to improve the quality out of the game. Yours truly Ten Bears.

Not sure if you have looked around at other farms all over the place. The joy of this game is that the devs have created many facilities that open up different themes. Yes we can make the farms but we can now make mini cities, therefore, the dance facility, movie theatres and supermarket etc are great for making up the city type farms.. face it.. as much as you and your friends all live on farms, surely you must go to a town or city once in a while? To stay strictly farming would then bore people and they would be screaming at the Devs for more.. and more, and then some more, to make it more challenging or introducing more concepts. I guess they cant win! As they say, pleasing everyone is a difficult task, but annoying everyone is a piece of cake.

Oopsy-Bumpty
Jun 06 2011, 02:18 AM
@ten bears

I am a little puzzled as to how you can hate something that will actually benefit you in the long run...so yes the devs have done something for you as a none stacking player.

As for the dance facility, well living on a real farm doesn't mean that you have to have all 9 farms looking like the real thing. The whole game has become about fun and being creative with the things that the devs give us. The word farm has just become a euphemism for blank canvas

al_bundy
Jun 06 2011, 03:35 AM
i can see what there trying to achieve and the end benefit

WOE
Jun 06 2011, 04:01 AM
If I remember correctly the first day I saw bonus was on Thursday and happily clicked away helping a few friends, being told that bonus was sent to my storage, not gift box so I have no way of knowing if I got the bonus. Next day only, I tried bonus again, it sent to my friends but said I had reached my limit but I had not helped anyone in 24 hours !!! Today is the first time I am back online since Friday, that's approx 72 hours and again giving me the same message. REACHED LIMIT !!!

StarglowOne
Jun 06 2011, 04:24 AM
If I remember correctly the first day I saw bonus was on Thursday and happily clicked away helping a few friends, being told that bonus was sent to my storage, not gift box so I have no way of knowing if I got the bonus. Next day only, I tried bonus again, it sent to my friends but said I had reached my limit but I had not helped anyone in 24 hours !!! Today is the first time I am back online since Friday, that's approx 72 hours and again giving me the same message. REACHED LIMIT !!!

I got the same problem, reached limit but i havent clicked anything

maggiel29
Jun 06 2011, 04:31 AM
The Flower bonus is still not right - I have lost hundreds of them! The Lillies and Roses I only get one plant and the others 5 in my gift box but my friend who sent them get the 500 odd!
Everything else is working great - and I seem to be getting the % extras when I harvest.

Duck Duck Goose
Jun 06 2011, 11:05 AM
But they don't count the same because they are not the same value.

I wasnt aware we got more dan points if the item costs more to buy or sells for more at the market.

Could you pls point out where they say it matters how many danpoints and belt colors you get based on the "value" of anything? The only thing i saw was that it was based on 1 unit being harvested, not what that unit is worth monitary wise. So im looking in the original post but i cant find anything where it says the value per unit matters. Perhaps you could point that out?

JAS0643
Jun 06 2011, 11:21 AM
I wasnt aware we got more dan points if the item costs more to buy or sells for more at the market.

Could you pls point out where they say it matters how many danpoints and belt colors you get based on the "value" of anything? The only thing i saw was that it was based on 1 unit being harvested, not what that unit is worth monitary wise. So im looking in the original post but i cant find anything where it says the value per unit matters. Perhaps you could point that out?

If you are still trying to figure out why maple and pine need different requirements I replied to you about that already. Here is what I said. This information has not been posted on the forum but it comes from taking note of what is needed to reach a belt for each crop and looking at how long that crop takes to grow and what level it unlocks at.

What is needed to get a belt is determined by two things the time it takes to grow the crop and the level you get the crop at. The lower level stuff has lower requirements then the higher level stuff and the shorter time stuff has higher harvest requirements then the longer grow stuff. Pine is available at level 1 maple is available at level 80 that is why there is a difference in the harvest requirements for the two trees.

I know the devs have been busy and I can wait to get the belt requirements but I will be interested to see exactly what they are and if I can figure out their logic behind the numbers. I have been trying to keep track of what is needed as I harvest my own crops but sometimes I mess it up.

artisanrox
Jun 06 2011, 11:48 AM
While I like the idea of the belts it would be nice if I could post any of my levels on my wall....The 1st day I got 2 notices..Thats was it......I get msgs I have Black,brown belts but no option to post to my wall......:(:(..All my neighbors have them plastered all over my wall......Whats up with that..I have harvested all day today...Nothing ..nadda.....:mad::mad:

It used to be this way, and was changed because of the INCREDIBLE amount of belt spam on everyone's walls. NO, I do not want to look through a hundred belt posts, and I've blocked neighbors that have made 20+ consecutive posts.

There's no reason for a game to allow players to garbage up everyone's newsfeeds.

hhunting
Jun 06 2011, 11:56 AM
I reached my rice black belt, 1st dan and 2nd dan today (wow, that was fast) and was asked if I wanted to post -- all three times I said yes but nothing happened. Will I be given another opportunity to post those belts or are those bonuses gone? Help!!

kathyonthefarm
Jun 06 2011, 12:14 PM
OK I'm going to vent a little but not at the devs but at the whiners! The devs in FT listen to our requests by suggestions and polls unlike other games on FB. If you don't like something they have given us don't use it or buy it! But quit complaining to the devs about it. The belt system is just an added bonus but you don't need to click the green button to post just click the red button. Your friends don't have to help you on this to get a new building built like in FV, it's just an added bonus. It's the same as the facililties, they don't have to help you to get your products done, they will complete in time on thier own, but it's great when your neighbors help. And who can say which facilities or stores aren't right? We all build our "farms" different and need different things. I have farms but I also have camping grounds, beach resorts and such where the new items fit just fine. But I wouldn't quit the game if they design something I don't want I would just not buy it. The devs of FT are awesome!!! And I don't think some people give them the much needed credit for a free game (nobody forces you to buy the FC items) that they continue to add to for your enjoyment. Hey folks this is for enjoyment!! if you don't like it quit! but quit harping on the devs for the great job they do! OK got that of my chest, but how negative can some people be, must walk around with a frown on thier face all the time. :)

Angel7
Jun 06 2011, 12:14 PM
I would recommend you change things so bonuses are given at BLUE belt instead of BROWN. For high level players, you can reach brown AND black in the same harvest and you end up posting twice in the same session and of course you are not going get bonuses on both of them. There needs to be more in-between, for lack of a better term, for the bonuses.

Mrs. Pink
Jun 06 2011, 12:17 PM
As for the limits on extra ingredient requests that everyone is moaning about, I personally am happy with them, it seems the more you give players the more they want. Sorry but I had to get that off my chest.

I don't know about everyone else, but for me personally, I'm just trying to keep up with the production of all these facilities they keep giving us. So long as they keep churning them out (baby food factory that requires 2 new crops, really?) I think it is a reasonable goal to try to achieve full production in them. If that seems "greedy" to some, then so be it!

max_river
Jun 06 2011, 12:21 PM
OK I'm going to vent a little but not at the devs but at the whiners! The devs in FT listen to our requests by suggestions and polls unlike other games on FB. If you don't like something they have given us don't use it or buy it! But quit complaining to the devs about it. The belt system is just an added bonus but you don't need to click the green button to post just click the red button. Your friends don't have to help you on this to get a new building built like in FV, it's just an added bonus. It's the same as the facililties, they don't have to help you to get your products done, they will complete in time on thier own, but it's great when your neighbors help. And who can say which facilities or stores aren't right? We all build our "farms" different and need different things. I have farms but I also have camping grounds, beach resorts and such where the new items fit just fine. But I wouldn't quit the game if they design something I don't want I would just not buy it. The devs of FT are awesome!!! And I don't think some people give them the much needed credit for a free game (nobody forces you to buy the FC items) that they continue to add to for your enjoyment. Hey folks this is for enjoyment!! if you don't like it quit! but quit harping on the devs for the great job they do! OK got that of my chest, but how negative can some people be, must walk around with a frown on thier face all the time. :)

well said. with all the time dev are dealing with all this to try to make you all happy we could of had our new levels and the 10 farm. if you do not like them chose not to do them

Docperk
Jun 06 2011, 12:26 PM
I have been pretty quiet about all the belt stuff and have just been going with it. And this is I guess a ****ed if you do and dammed if you don't type thing but a I am a little confused about this, but I had several fields ready had someone chopping on one field, someone else harvesting crops on another and I was getting the popups about the belts and was clicking ok and yes to post them it only posted 3 of them and I had probably 6 or 7 others that would have been better post (more beneficial to me) than the others. So I guess we have to harvest the ones that we posted first. How do we know if and when we get the extra crops we would for having the belts? By the time I get this all figured out I will have all the belts already. So what is next after the Dan system? Oh well I guess we should just be thankful that we are getting a little something extra from the game.

tricia g
Jun 06 2011, 12:33 PM
well said. with all the time dev are dealing with all this to try to make you all happy we could of had our new levels and the 10 farm. if you do not like them chose not to do them

Totally agree , great game played how I want to play, i buy allll facilities, enjoy the belt system for extra boxes that I might receive, I publish the odd one so as my neighbours can get bonus'., they chose wether to click on them. I am now waiting un-patiently for no. 10 and level ups enjoy

janisko
Jun 06 2011, 12:58 PM
As we reach the various Dan belts it says we have a 72% chance or whatever of receiving an extra box? So what does that mean exactly? What is an extra box and how much do we receive and would it be on every harvest?

maggiel29
Jun 06 2011, 12:59 PM
Now that we have the belt system in place, how about allowing us to sort seeds/trees by belt level. It would help us to track our progress and let us see which belts we still need to update.

Brilliant idea - I was thinking the same thing!

ridgie247
Jun 06 2011, 01:36 PM
So I see where some are frustrated with this, it’s a hair confusing:P Had a couple of questions and suggestions.

If someone could pass on their wisdom if I have this correct:

Belt Bonuses and Ingredient Help are now separate? And how long do we have to click them? I thought it was longer a few days ago but the time frame seems to be shortened. Oops one more edit - or is it based on number of clicks received and that is why it says "expired" versus the neighbor has received max help?

When I have reached my max 250k per 3 hours for bonuses, I then go to neighbors posts and help them with bonus posts that I may have a ton in storage already, and they may not and could have less neighbors to help them gain the bonus.

The devs seem to have an issue on their hands with making people happy. Have no 3 hour limit, and people upset about the newsfeed being flooded with bonus posts. Have a limit and have people upset about the 3 hour limit.

Suggestion:
Add how much in coin the bonus will be since it is based on coin, and not clicks or quantity.

Expiring posts- if someone can explain this because this is the only thing I think is a bit unfair to those players who cannot play every 3 hours and this is coming from a player who can play every 3 hours and also to neighbors who don't have a lot of neighbors.

KayGee
Jun 06 2011, 01:49 PM

I have to disagree with this. The consequences of the belt system as first rolled out were unacceptable and HAD to be fixed - this was not an isolated complaint by a few people - it was massive and deserved attention. It was not something you could ignore or choose to do or not do. I'm basically OK with something that is automatic when you harvest crops you need anyway, but the postings were not well-thought-out. They have tweaked it now, and it's better, but the developers were the ones who chose to introduce something totally new (and potentially "buggy") instead of new levels and farms - we did not ask for the belts. I would much rather have seen them act on the previously promised incentives for diversification in the facilities - that was announced and then...nothing. Everyone plays FT differently, and the diversity in facilities and ways to create a "farm" are, I think, a good thing. Take what you want to use and leave the rest - but that's different from forcing us to participate (even if participation is answering "no" to posting). I think we NEED to tell the developers what works for us and what doesn't. How they gonna know otherwise? It's all opinion....just like some other things, everyone has one, but I don't think people should be criticized for expressing a negative one just because it's not the same as yours. It's a Beta game...and that works both ways. We have to put up with what they choose to present...and they have to put up with our opinions about it. Even guinea pigs squeal....

Grammy 11
Jun 06 2011, 01:52 PM
"I think we NEED to tell the developers what works for us and what doesn't. How they gonna know otherwise? It's all opinion....just like some other things, everyone has one, but I don't think people should be criticized for expressing a negative one just because it's not the same as yours. It's a Beta game...and that works both ways. We have to put up with what they choose to present...and they have to put up with our opinions about it. Even guinea pigs squeal.... "

That says it.

Keeta
Jun 06 2011, 02:01 PM
Still trying to figure out how Judo or Karate are in the same category as farming. :) This is not something that tickles my fancy or is even remotely interesting to me. For me, I would turn this feature off if I could, but that's just my opinion.

kes0101
Jun 06 2011, 02:31 PM
Keeta, think of these belts more as a zone or region having distinctive properties or characteristics: a belt of cotton plantations rather than a piece of material worn about the waist to distinguish "grades"

Donnasonio
Jun 06 2011, 02:54 PM
I don't understand the belts at all. Nobody I ask seems to understand them either. And I can't find them explained here in the forums. Am I looking in the wrong places? Where are they?

Deborah1979
Jun 06 2011, 03:27 PM
I am SO VERY thankful that I live in the USA where we are celebrating D-Day and remembering the thousands that have give their lives so that we have our FREEDOM! And one of those freedoms is FREEDOM OF SPEECH..yes, even in our Farm Town forum!!:) and yes, I know there are players all of over the world, but you have freedom of speech here in this forum, too.

I know with me, and several others that posted, it was not so much the belt thingy as it was the way it was introduced, with literally hundreds of posts to my Face Book page. I blocked F*#@ Ville for that very reason.

I CANNOT block Farm Town feeds for the belts, or I would be unable to work in my neighbors facilities, because they would be hidden.
The ones who were objecting voiced a common theme, I think, and that was we did not want to see Farm Town turn into a F*#@ Ville junior.
So....I am not trying to hush you or criticize you. Some of us who voice an opinion different than yours'. And please don't call other ideas stupid.:eek: The only way the devs will know what is or is not working is with constructive criticism or gentle praise.
Thanks,
Deb

NanaSpeaks
Jun 06 2011, 03:28 PM
Still trying to figure out how Judo or Karate are in the same category as farming. :) This is not something that tickles my fancy or is even remotely interesting to me. For me, I would turn this feature off if I could, but that's just my opinion.

That would be a great added feature; ability to turn the belts off or on. Speaking only for myself, the belt feature has quickly limited my interest in FarmTown. I've played this game for many years, leaving only once to go to another farm game. I came back to FarmTown because of the pop-ups and adding items that have nothing to do with farming on the other game. IMHO most of the players on FT are ones that chose this game over others because of the original concept. Of course updates are usually fun and addition of farms is always a welcome update but additions of items that most players complain about need to be reviewed and analyzed to meet the players satisfaction. This is what keeps a game alive and players returning.

ridgie247
Jun 06 2011, 03:32 PM
I don't understand the belts at all. Nobody I ask seems to understand them either. And I can't find them explained here in the forums. Am I looking in the wrong places? Where are they?

I understand the belts but think with all the complaining about posting to the newsfeed and the devs trying to remedy the situation, that the posting of these belt bonuses seems now a bit broken. For those of you who don't understand, no one is posting to your wall. The belt bonuses are posting to our own wall which feeds into the farmtown newsfeed. I want to be able to post brown belts and up (and as many as I want) for my neighbors who are lower in level or don't have as much inventory even if I don't get that bonus because of the limit of 250k. If people don't want to take advantage of the extra inventory then it's their loss.

Donnasonio if you go to the first post in the News and Announcements of this section it explains both the belts and dan system and the extra chance of getting more ingredients with a higher degree of the belt each time you harvest.

Oopsy-Bumpty
Jun 06 2011, 03:37 PM
@Keeta and Nanaspeaks

So given the choice you would do away with the belts and forfeit the bonus crops that will come with it in your future harvests?

And to be honest I don't think anyone is really complaining about the belts, just the continuous stream of pop ups that come with it. Which IS being looked into by the devs, but either way they will end once you have obtained all belts and ranks, at which point you will be able to sit back and reap the rewards.

twowendy
Jun 06 2011, 05:05 PM
hi I would like to know why I keep getting this when it has been over 12 hours

No items were sent to your storage by the Mayor since you already reached the limit of 250,000 Coins worth of products every 3 hours.

Oopsy-Bumpty
Jun 06 2011, 05:23 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but for me personally, I'm just trying to keep up with the production of all these facilities they keep giving us. So long as they keep churning them out (baby food factory that requires 2 new crops, really?) I think it is a reasonable goal to try to achieve full production in them. If that seems "greedy" to some, then so be it!

Then I am one of the greedy ones too :D

My comment was more in relation to the latest complaints regarding the limits on belt bonus's. No one was expecting it, and now we've got it everyone is complaining it's not enough. Any bonus is better than a poke in the eye ;)

cindya
Jun 06 2011, 05:28 PM
ok first its 3 hrs ..now its 12 hrs????? I to had came back like in 6 or 7 hrs and it said that i had to wait 3 hrs...

You can send items to a friend once every 12 hours, please try again later.
thats what it said ...confused....

Joshuatree98
Jun 06 2011, 05:47 PM
Again I have been reading all the statements people have been making and have come to the conclusion as follows:

1. Most people who get major pop-up at same time do not play the game the way it was supposed to be played - NO LAYERING

2. When you layer you are getting the belts faster

3. If you use a so called auto- clicker you risk freezing the game or getting tons of pops up at he same time thus if you click yes you can send a lot of pop up out the the feeds.

4.. Hate change of a game

I love all the changes the DEVS had made. even if seem a bit crazy as in the factories or trees etc. But I am going with it. I do not click yes on all belts and i can say NO.

THANK YOU DEVS for the BELTS now i have to plant more ;) thus getting more for the factories

al_bundy
Jun 06 2011, 05:49 PM
ok first its 3 hrs ..now its 12 hrs????? I to had came back like in 6 or 7 hrs and it said that i had to wait 3 hrs...

You can send items to a friend once every 12 hours, please try again later.
thats what it said ...confused....

people were complaining about the 3 hr thing so they have made it 12

but have raised the coin limit to 1,000,000

so it is the same coin limit as you would achieve within that same 12 hour period posting 3 times

you can still post as often as you like

StoneFace
Jun 06 2011, 07:03 PM
Again I have been reading all the statements people have been making and have come to the conclusion as follows:

1. Most people who get major pop-up at same time do not play the game the way it was supposed to be played - NO LAYERING

I stagger my farms, ... and I do not get a lot of pop-up. Those who layer are only harvesting one layer at a time.

Now can someone tell me where it says how the game is supposed to be played? That could be more confusing that a room full of karate belts.:eek:

ctu1010166
Jun 06 2011, 07:17 PM
How to check the Gift tree's belt?
They aren't appear on Trees tab? So their belt can not be displayed?
Please tell me how to check their belts?

ctu1010166
Jun 06 2011, 07:22 PM

2. When you layer you are getting the belts faster

3. If you use a so called auto- clicker you risk freezing the game or getting tons of pops up at he same time thus if you click yes you can send a lot of pop up out the the feeds.

4.. Hate change of a game

I love all the changes the DEVS had made. even if seem a bit crazy as in the factories or trees etc. But I am going with it. I do not click yes on all belts and i can say NO.

THANK YOU DEVS for the BELTS now i have to plant more ;) thus getting more for the factories

-Please note that layer mentions aren't allowed here.
-I'm not get any belt popup until I get the Brown ones. But when I get the 2nd Dan belt, I can't post it to my wall anymore.
-To dev: please have an option to turn off "Use the axe" and "Use the rod" popups. They only useful for newbie and display ONE time.

HelenJS22
Jun 06 2011, 07:29 PM
I stagger my farms, ... and I do not get a lot of pop-up. Those who layer are only harvesting one layer at a time.

Now can someone tell me where it says how the game is supposed to be played? That could be more confusing that a room full of karate belts.:eek:

I harvest for several neighbours who have stacked and layered farms. Their layered farms are harvested just one layer at a time, but those with stacked farms actually do harvest three layers at a time. If they are stacked well it's not bad to harvest with a combine, but one neighbour has them stacked very badly and I won't harvest for her any more because my farm jams up. Those neighbours earned their belts and dans with very few clicks. It surely should have been more of a challenge even for those with multi layered farms.

Mrs. Pink
Jun 06 2011, 07:38 PM
As we reach the various Dan belts it says we have a 72% chance or whatever of receiving an extra box? So what does that mean exactly? What is an extra box and how much do we receive and would it be on every harvest?

Good questions! I've been wondering the same things. :confused:

1fritz
Jun 06 2011, 07:40 PM
At this point I'm not interested in the belt system. If I get them great if not great. I don't compete with anyone. I play the game for my enjoyment, if it doesn't fit with how I feel like playing I ignore it. I love Farmtown for that reason. Play the way you want to play. Best game on Facebook for that reason. Just my opinion.

Fritz

NanaSpeaks
Jun 06 2011, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=Oopsy-Bumpty;4690906]@Keeta and Nanaspeaks

So given the choice you would do away with the belts and forfeit the bonus crops that will come with it in your future harvests?

And to be honest I don't think anyone is really complaining about the belts, just the continuous stream of pop ups that come with it. Which IS being looked into by the devs, but either way they will end once you have obtained all belts and ranks, at which point you will be able to sit back and reap the rewards.[/QUOTE

If you reread my post you will read I stated a good option would be to use the belt system or not use the belt system. Much like choosing to buy a facility or not.

Grumpa
Jun 06 2011, 08:11 PM

Levels and farm 10 are at least 2 weeks away if they follow how they have been doing the updates. There is no way it would have hit 1 week after an update.

The dev are doing a very good job at adding to the game and fixing any bugs that come up.

The game does seam to have gotten big or is it just my rosey colored glasses?

Badlands Farmer
Jun 06 2011, 08:28 PM
Here's the problem I'm having with the 12 hour limit. I just went through all the FT posts on my feed from the last 12 hours. I last accepted anything off the wall early this morning, so it's been at least 12 hours. I'm getting the message 'This offer has expired, please try another one.' on any post over 3 to 4 hours old. How long until a post expires?

Raenie
Jun 06 2011, 08:33 PM
Yep, FT developers actually *listen* to their users! Makes all the difference in the world (imho ;)

~Raenie

Now we're starting to cook with gas, thanks Raul! :D

The separation of low levels from high levels is especially good - something for us all to work towards.

Full marks for addressing issues so quickly - amazing! Just one of the reasons why I love my farms :)

Grammy 11
Jun 06 2011, 08:42 PM
(1) No gifts to me after friends took bonuses posted for brown and black belts.
(2) Is the expiration time on offers still 3 hours or is it 12 now as well?

levarti2
Jun 06 2011, 08:44 PM
At first I was skeptical about the belt system, but it seems to be working nicely so far. Just wanted to thank the developers for doing such a great job on such a wonderful game. And thanks for listening to those who asked you to tweak it. It stays alive with the new items and upgrades and it's not "in your face" like the 'ville games.

I enjoy a challenge, but I've made my own goals as I continue with the game. Have developed some spreadsheets I use and enjoy being able to play FarmTown my way. That's it ... we can all do this game our own way. Some people use only coins, others of us spend real money to build and buy - some people don't like too many facilities, others own them all - some hire their work done, others prefer to enjoy working their own places. The game is enjoyable, no matter how you choose to play it.

The way I play involves reaching certain numbers of each crop (based on a 15-day need for my specific facilities) before I allow myself to load the factories up. Somebody else might think that was a stupid way to play.

Thank you, thank you ... for creating such a game, and for continuing to improve it.

MarlaKay
Jun 06 2011, 10:12 PM
I play this game, not to compete with others, but to earn the coins, levels and XPs needed for whatever I can get on my own. I left the other farm game because I had to constantly beg neighbors for parts and things. The only reason I played the other game as long as I did, was for the crop masteries, which I could earn on my own and display the little sign showing I had earned it in that crop. No help from anyone else. Farm Town is so much better, less problems with the game, and, until the belt system, you didn't have to ask for help unless you wanted to. I just don't understand why you would want to do all the begging of neighbors for help to receive 1 box of extra crops and a few coins. I get double produce by fertilizing the fields and plenty of coins from the facilities daily! Instead of the belt system, why can't we earn things in the different crops without having to constantly bug the neighbors? I do harvest & plow for some neighbors but outside of that, I enjoy the game as a personal game, earning my XPs, levels and coins by my own work of planting, harvesting, plowing and operating the facilities, not socializing or begging..... Kinda like my own "zen" garden, I guess! Just my opinion..... :-)

JAS0643
Jun 06 2011, 10:24 PM
I do not like the change in the hour limit. People can only help with one ingredient once every 12 hours now and that just sucks. I only asked for one product sent to me every 3 hours because the same people are the ones that click on it and there was no need to post 3 because I would not get all three. I would pick a product I needed the most and ask for that. Then 3 hours later I would pick another product and ask for that. Now I can only do 2 a day at most, that is not much help to me. The ingredient system was not broken and should not have been fixed. Me and my friends would request and send each other stuff 3 or 4 times a day now it will be 2 if we are lucky. That will really cut down on the help with ingredients we can get. The bonus for the belts is what was broken because the amount of crops you got in the bonus meant you could only get one or 2 every 3 hours. While I understand that you need to keep people from getting way too many crops from bonuses a 12 hours limit is just too long a limit. I will click on the crops I need the most like rice or corn, then comeback 3 hours later and click on another belt post form the same person. It really helped out now with the 12 hour limit I don't think I will get as much even with the upped limit.

You have gone about these belts all wrong from the beginning and still do not have it right. The requirements between belts is way too low and that is what is causing all these problems. If you would just make all the belts a lot harder to get people would not be posting 6 or 7 belt posts and day. There also wouldn't bee as many belt post on our walls for people to click on. Then you could just up the limit a little say 500,000 every 3 hours and everyone would be happy. We wouldn't be getting tons of bonuses but we would feel like there was a reward for getting a belt. We could also help our friends out more if the belts where spreed out more then they are now.

pythonis
Jun 06 2011, 10:28 PM
I have no complaints about the belt system im just wondering who they are geared for. Do they help those that harvest for others? Those that hire others? Those that do their own work? Those with layers? Those who harvest layers? Which player in the game does this this benefit the most?

Badlands Farmer
Jun 06 2011, 10:32 PM
I have no complaints about the belt system im just wondering who they are geared for. Do they help those that harvest for others? Those that hire others? Those that do their own work? Those with layers? Those who harvest layers? Which player in the game does this this benefit the most?

Another question to add to that list is are the extra boxes on top of the 2 boxes for a fertilized field? So the extra chance would yield 3 boxes if we get lucky?

pythonis
Jun 06 2011, 10:34 PM
i tried it out and it didnt matter if the square was (f) or not it counted as 1 towards the belt.

levarti2
Jun 06 2011, 10:39 PM
I play this game, not to compete with others, but to earn the coins, levels and XPs needed for whatever I can get on my own. I left the other farm game because I had to constantly beg neighbors for parts and things. The only reason I played the other game as long as I did, was for the crop masteries, which I could earn on my own and display the little sign showing I had earned it in that crop. No help from anyone else. Farm Town is so much better, less problems with the game, and, until the belt system, you didn't have to ask for help unless you wanted to. I just don't understand why you would want to do all the begging of neighbors for help to receive 1 box of extra crops and a few coins. I get double produce by fertilizing the fields and plenty of coins from the facilities daily! Instead of the belt system, why can't we earn things in the different crops without having to constantly bug the neighbors? I do harvest & plow for some neighbors but outside of that, I enjoy the game as a personal game, earning my XPs, levels and coins by my own work of planting, harvesting, plowing and operating the facilities, not socializing or begging..... Kinda like my own "zen" garden, I guess! Just my opinion..... :-)

I agreed with you about not liking the "begging" ... but I've since noticed that you can limit those notices to go to ONLY who you want them to. For instance if you have 3 neighbors who are really into FT and play regularly, make the default notices only go to them so you're not bothering other friends and family. There's a lock icon next to the box to Share ... click it and customize, then list only the people you know will help or enjoy the sharing.

don't know why I never noticed that option before, but I use it all the time now.

pythonis
Jun 06 2011, 10:41 PM
as i rarely look at my wall i dont consider any of the belt postings to be begging.

welcom
Jun 06 2011, 11:08 PM
hi there ft there is a lot of players quiting the game as the gift problem has still not been sorted i have had 3 neighbours quit allready

max_river
Jun 06 2011, 11:12 PM
the gift thing was a facebook issue not a farmtown so you can not be upset with farm town for that one

Anthorn
Jun 06 2011, 11:42 PM
Just got online to find the maximum coins value has been changed from 250,000 coins every 3 hours to 1 million every 12 hours. Oh great it wasn't reset so now I have to wait up to 12 hours. The wall posts are even more useless than they were before! Does anyone remember the lyrics to the Monty Python spam song?

ridgie247
Jun 07 2011, 12:07 AM
Having been a fan of the belt rewards and that it was a bonus to both the poster and those who clicked, the new change to the 12 hour wait is not a good change.

Why would anyone click a neighbors reward link if posting your own high level dan belt bonus and 2 to 3 clicks on your own puts you at the max for 12 hours? If this is incorrect in how I'm perceiving this new change please explain.

There needs to be a happy medium here. Perhaps as someone suggested, the bonus is automatically rewarded and if you want to post bonus supplies for neighbors only it would be a better system.

pythonis
Jun 07 2011, 12:18 AM
The bonuses we get from the "belts"..are they only available from having neighbors click the wall links? Or do we get bonuses just playing the game like we usually do?

ridgie247
Jun 07 2011, 12:25 AM
The bonuses we get from the "belts"..are they only available from having neighbors click the wall links? Or do we get bonuses just playing the game like we usually do?

The belt rewards are from posting the links when you make each new belt or dan level.

Your actual rank is what gives you the chance to receive extra boxes of inventory as you harvest and play the game normally.

onamission
Jun 07 2011, 12:27 AM
Frustration is mounting here! :(

I thought I finally understood the mechanics of the bonus coin limits but my theory has been blown apart by my latest attempt to gift a bonus to a friend. It said that the bonus had been sent to her, but cos I had maxed out I wasn't to receive anything.

My understanding was that both gifting and receiving bonuses were subject to the one 1 mil coin limit. In other words, once I sent and received bonus gifts to the total value of 1 mil that was it - maxed out. Seems that is incorrect, yet it is what is stated in the update :confused:

Please, please, please could someone please explain how these limits work? In clear English that we can all comprehend and understand. Is there anyone out there who actually knows how this all works so that we can make choices that benefit our friends and ourselves the way we want to?

PLEASE???

pythonis
Jun 07 2011, 12:33 AM
The belt rewards are from posting the links when you make each new belt or dan level.

Your actual rank is what gives you the chance to receive extra boxes of inventory as you harvest and play the game normally.So its like having a manure spreader that only fertilizes random crops (or works half the time lol)

kahra01
Jun 07 2011, 12:35 AM
Having been a fan of the belt rewards and that it was a bonus to both the poster and those who clicked, the new change to the 12 hour wait is not a good change.

Why would anyone click a neighbors reward link if posting your own high level dan belt bonus and 2 to 3 clicks on your own puts you at the max for 12 hours? If this is incorrect in how I'm perceiving this new change please explain.

There needs to be a happy medium here. Perhaps as someone suggested, the bonus is automatically rewarded and if you want to post bonus supplies for neighbors only it would be a better system.

Im with you on this one. I posted my reward links, 2 of, and then I clicked on a friends rewards post.. and that was it.. nothing more I can do as it said I'd reached my limit which I highly doubted! I seem to do alot in aiding others in getting produce but for most of the clicks I get nothing. Im happy to help normally, but since I dont get the help back, I feel like Im doing it all for them and Im receiving little. The Belt system is good in theory but Im at the point I cant be bothered due to all the limitations and time frames imposed on these requests.

ridgie247
Jun 07 2011, 12:41 AM
So its like having a manure spreader that only fertilizes random crops (or works half the time lol)

Yup kinda like that, with the top level black belt your chance to receive an extra box each time you harvest is greatly increased. It was a terrific update.

The belt rewards/posts are what people are confused/frustrated with.

pythonis
Jun 07 2011, 12:44 AM
Soooo im assuming we are giving up on the whole "diversification" thing

ridgie247
Jun 07 2011, 12:48 AM
Im with you on this one. I posted my reward links, 2 of, and then I clicked on a friends rewards post.. and that was it.. nothing more I can do as it said I'd reached my limit which I highly doubted! I seem to do alot in aiding others in getting produce but for most of the clicks I get nothing. Im happy to help normally, but since I dont get the help back, I feel like Im doing it all for them and Im receiving little. The Belt system is good in theory but Im at the point I cant be bothered due to all the limitations and time frames imposed on these requests.

Kahra I help a lot of my neighbors as well, but the new update to the reward posting system may prevent anyone from clicking at all. I don't mind clicking a neighbors link without receiving a reward so if that is how it will be, I'd rather just post a bonus reward that is only beneficial to my neighbors. And since I work most of their facilities too, the extra inventory they get is still beneficial when I work their facilities.

kahra01
Jun 07 2011, 12:55 AM

LOL yeah I had wondered about that too.. not that I even understand what its all about anyway!!

ridgie247
Jun 07 2011, 01:04 AM

I'm hoping this in addition to the diversification ranking, which could be updated as well once the belts are in place and people see the extra boxes and facilities filling up and then allow additional inventory bonuses from FT if the diversification ranking is high. :)

I'm still trying to get my facilities at 100% utilization when I post and the new belts will be helpful with that which in turns raises the dr.

al_bundy
Jun 07 2011, 01:49 AM
We just adjusted the limits for the Ingredients and Belt Bonuses Help. You can now post 5 times in a 12 hours period and accumulate up to 1,000,000 in coins in that period. We expect less posts and bigger chances of getting more value this way. Belt bonuses and ingredient requests limits remains separate as they are now.
--Raul

Dam

the ingredient ones should have been left alone now instead of being able to send my neighbours 4 sets of ingreients per day now it will be only 1 (2 if there extremely lucky)

should have left that alone it wasnt broken.

oldstaff
Jun 07 2011, 01:54 AM
i cant understand all the winging about having to beg people for things? where are you getting that from? as far as i can see from playing the game you reaching the belt isnt dependant on you posting, if you dont want to post the notification to say you have reached a level and then simply click cancel not submit, yes it prevents people having the option of sending you 1000-3000 extra product and getting some themselves but at least you wont think your 'begging'. if i know i am likely to reach more than 2 levels harvesting a crop by having them on different farms i ignore the first box and submit the second so i dont put multiple posts for the same crop. i quite enjoy the option of being able to send products and receive a hefty bonus from neighbours - if they dont play then they can easily block the game. i also enjoy being able to get extra products from freinds some of which is stuff i dont plant and hadnt realised it was an ingredient.

maybe when we get the extra produce boxes it could go in as a gift or something else like a in game notification so we can see how many times we get them unless its going to be a lot in which case could be a little annoying. do we get the chance of the extra box with every field we harvest or every farm. how about when the crop is planted making the extra boxes shine a different colour - maybe do them gold or something so we have a visual reward??

New to This
Jun 07 2011, 02:07 AM
I am now getting a message when I -- click to send bonuses to my neighbors:
. . . you are not getting any bonus because you have received 1 mil in coins worth of bonus crops within the past 12 hours. Wait a minute. I click to send only 1 neighbor a bonus within the last 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!! Who in heavens name is keeping track of things 'cause they sure as Hades cannot count!!! I am sick of trying to help my neighbors and getting ripped!!! I do not see anyone complaining about the new clothes not fitting. Too bad the truly important problems were not addressed before some idiots got the clothes they were clammering for. If they or their clothes stunk -- then they should have bathed and washed the clothes they had!!! They wanted clothes. I want my bonus points!!!!!

pythonis
Jun 07 2011, 02:22 AM
now is this 1 million coins worth of said crops or a million coins worth of the seeds for those same crops?

New to This
Jun 07 2011, 03:17 AM
I must feel that way also as I just clicked on every one of my neighbors to send them their bonuses -- as many as I could to each of them -- and did not even receive one stick of gum in return. And cannot until -- who knows????? I sure do not!!!!!

Valdoe
Jun 07 2011, 04:57 AM
Dam

the ingredient ones should have been left alone now instead of being able to send my neighbours 4 sets of ingreients per day now it will be only 1 (2 if there extremely lucky)

should have left that alone it wasnt broken.
LOL.. I complained about being spammed with all the farmtown notifications and Dev are trying their best .. but now Dels really screwing up to game.

Raul Here is a suggestion that I think would make everyone happy instead of notification that you reach belts.. and posting.. why not make it like gifts where the farmer can choose which friends to send notification to and say first 2 will get the gift. that way the others can see who send who sending notification and return the favour.

As for gifts I work on the principle you send me one I send one back.. I love the way you have the gifts setup.. think using it for belts.

cindy333
Jun 07 2011, 05:04 AM
a little question, how whe know when whe get a extra box by harvesting, and is it one box on harvest or per plot???

Jean's Farm
Jun 07 2011, 07:14 AM
I am now getting a message when I -- click to send bonuses to my neighbors:
. . . you are not getting any bonus because you have received 1 mil in coins worth of bonus crops within the past 12 hours. Wait a minute. I click to send only 1 neighbor a bonus within the last 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!! Who in heavens name is keeping track of things 'cause they sure as Hades cannot count!!! I am sick of trying to help my neighbors and getting ripped!!! I do not see anyone complaining about the new clothes not fitting. Too bad the truly important problems were not addressed before some idiots got the clothes they were clammering for. If they or their clothes stunk -- then they should have bathed and washed the clothes they had!!! They wanted clothes. I want my bonus points!!!!!

And I'm going to check tonight at 8:15 and see if I can get any bonuses cause it will be over 12 hours and my limit should have expired by then.....I'll be back!!!!! :D

And my new clothes fit just fine thank you!!!! ;)

al_bundy
Jun 07 2011, 07:46 AM
I like the idea of the belts being modified to once every 12 hours as the qty's are so much higher but the ingredient requests is no good as before i could send upto 4 sets of ingredients per neighbour per 12 hours now i can only send 1 (2 if there lucky)

can i suggest this?

for the ingredients requests maybe change it so we can send 4 times in a 12 hour period per neighbour with 1 million coins limit in 12 hours

its a bit of a win win situation that way

maggiel29
Jun 07 2011, 08:21 AM
I just got a message for a friends belt bonus to say I had already recieved the 1,000,000 coin equivalent in the last TWELVE hours - so its been changed! Thats the same as 250,000 every 3 hours But more sensible - we can get a lot more in a short time without having to come back every 3 hours to get more!

theoxman
Jun 07 2011, 08:29 AM
There should be no limits on belts except on how many I can post in a specific time. The coins limit is a joke. Belts were NOT thought out all the way before they were implemented and this change was not thought out either.

I keep telling you all that you MUST have a small group of farmers that test your release BEFORE implementation. It's very very very very very very very common in business...it's called a functionality or usability test. It's not a "does this work without problems" test...but it's a test asking is this what users wanted?

maggiel29
Jun 07 2011, 08:32 AM

I suspect Raul must be banging his head on the wall - LOL. They are trying to please everyone - some posts were saying 250,000 every three hours is not enough, others were saying every three hours was too often with a low limit.
This is still 250,000 every three hours but in that first ten minutes or so you could in theory collect 1,000,000 worth of crops not 250,000.
Personnally I am happy with the extra crops - the bonuses are great but they will go away after one post at each level - but I am regularly getting about half my crops extra on some things.
Now can we just accept this new change and let the Devs get on with something else that matters please? Like an "all" button for friends working our facilties like the one on the services?

maggiel29
Jun 07 2011, 08:34 AM
Oh and is anyone still getting only 5 flower PLANTS instead of a few hundred harvested flowers as a bonus? I havent tried posting for anymore flowers since Sunday as I really dont need more plants!

Grammy 11
Jun 07 2011, 08:41 AM
I have decided that I get my 1,000,000 from other peoples' posts, they get theirs from mine. If I get something back on mine, it is a REAL bonus. This has allowed me to stop planting 3 and 4 day crops and fill up my storage bins with orphans like 4 hour and 8 hour stuff. I'm content, will wait out the storm (with my umbrella upside down to catch the goods!) Happy farming!!

Mare Contrare
Jun 07 2011, 08:46 AM
I really enjoy the bonuses. They are especially helpful when you're waiting for trees or flowers to harvest and need some extra for factory production.
But this morning I'm getting a message that I can't receive anything due to a 12 hour limit. Considering I logged off FT more than 12 hours ago, I know this message is inaccurate.
In the meantime, a neighbor's latex bonus is waiting for me to collect it.:mad:

ridgie247
Jun 07 2011, 10:16 AM
I have decided that I get my 1,000,000 from other peoples' posts, they get theirs from mine. If I get something back on mine, it is a REAL bonus. This has allowed me to stop planting 3 and 4 day crops and fill up my storage bins with orphans like 4 hour and 8 hour stuff. I'm content, will wait out the storm (with my umbrella upside down to catch the goods!) Happy farming!!

This is what I do as well now, 1M in inventory is still 1M in inventory no matter how you get it. Not all do it that way. My point on the 12 hour window is there will be more posts with less clicking. The suggestion of only posting a neighbor bonus, generates clicks and being a bit more interactive if that is the intent. But to post only for the sake of posting that will not encourage people to click something, is spammy. If this is not what happens, then wonderful!

The belt rewards is important to the game as well as posting about it in the forum. It brought out forum lurkers, it changed the game as we knew it and it upset or confused a lot of people.

StoneFace
Jun 07 2011, 10:30 AM
hahahaha

I did one farm of purple grapes just to fill in a 4-hour slot.... and it put me at the 4th Dan whatever.

So 3 neighbors got me the bonus....

I now have 108,600 grapes...... :eek:

Oh well .... these boots were made for stompin'

:rolleyes:

Reta J
Jun 07 2011, 11:49 AM
Oh and is anyone still getting only 5 flower PLANTS instead of a few hundred harvested flowers as a bonus? I havent tried posting for anymore flowers since Sunday as I really dont need more plants!

I harvested white roses earlier and got the 3rd Dan, the bonus I received was flowers not plants. When I posted before, I got plants.

MarlaKay
Jun 07 2011, 12:33 PM
I agreed with you about not liking the "begging" ... but I've since noticed that you can limit those notices to go to ONLY who you want them to. For instance if you have 3 neighbors who are really into FT and play regularly, make the default notices only go to them so you're not bothering other friends and family. There's a lock icon next to the box to Share ... click it and customize, then list only the people you know will help or enjoy the sharing.

don't know why I never noticed that option before, but I use it all the time now.

Well, I'm aware of the option to limit who you send things too. But it doesn't matter, none of my neighbors are currently participating in this aspect of the game. So let me get this straight... I can still get a bonus box for all my crops even without sending requests to my neighbors? That is ok, though I already get double crops by fertilizing my fields. I just wish there was some way to see how many crops have to be harvested for each belt in each item, then I could at least have the satisfaction of earning belts, though I never see what I've earned.... Yes, yes, I know if I look at each crop I can see a belt thingy there, but I like something to click on, like the trophy list etc. Would make it more of a personal challenge for those of us who don't like pestering neighbors for things....

cindy333
Jun 07 2011, 12:34 PM
one very said thing, i have lost one of my favorite activity's: helping neighbours who just get started with there farms and facility's those people dont have a lot. i with my highest level could help then out with clicking on there ingredients, after single period of 3 houres when they have publish several stuff! most of the time i didnt need what they publish, but just prefer to help then out. now its so good as impossible :'( i wish that they change it back its so said i can not help then more now .

PaulaN829
Jun 07 2011, 12:40 PM
Raul, you are breaking my heart. I truly loved this game. You have been a genius, up to now (in my opinion). The belts are a disaster. Your explanation above is clear as mud. I get a headache trying to read it, much less trying to understand it. Shall we all start taking notes?

I've been playing Farm Town for two years now. I left the game for several months when it became boring... started playing Farmville, which was exciting at that time (to me). Zynga made the same mistake you are making right now. They decided to change the whole character of the Farmville game. They started making us post constantly... beg endlessly... build and build and build... makes me shake all over just remembering how frustrated I became with the game. The glitches multiplied with every new bell-and-whistle they added. I quit playing Farmville. Eventually, I quit playing every Zynga game and only send gifts if I can avoid opening the game.

I came back to Farm Town, and I was enchanted. You took a tired game and brought it to life. It was exciting again... and kept getting better and better with each new update. Raul, you achieved something that no other game on Facebook had ever done. You got me to spend real money on your game. I never gave Zynga one cent, in spite of playing many of their games for long periods of time. You got my money because Farm Town was different; special. At last, I could come home from a long day at work and just relax and have fun playing a game.

I trusted you, and I trusted Slashkey. I invested quite a lot of real money into Farm Town. I've recruited friends to play the game, and/or to return to playing the game. I can only speak for myself, but based upon many comments I've been reading today from other loyal Farm Town players... many long-time players who have invested in this game are feeling betrayed right now. I definitely am. The Belts feature is much more than just a new thing in the game. It represents a major change in policy... a change in the whole character of the game. You are taking away the game we love, and turning it into a Zynga game clone. You are introducing LIMITS. I hate limits. You are introducing pressure to post and spam the news feed. I hate spam posting and begging. People who leave Zynga games and feel at home in Farm Town are not going to stick around if you change this game to a Zynga clone.

I have a long list already of glitches in the modified Belts feature. I'm posting them on my wall. I feel my blood pressure rising, like it used to when I played Zynga games. I work hard all day, Raul. I won't play games that stress me, or put Stop signs in front of me... make me watch a clock... pressure me to choose which friends to help... frustrate me with glitches every day. I want to control my own game. I will not play a game that insists on controlling what I do, when I do it, or makes me beg others to be able to do it.

Limits are bad enough in a game, but... three hour limits? Raul, wake up. People work. They have jobs, and families to take care of. It's nice that you want to give an advantage to the unemployed or disabled, or whomever else is able to stay home all day and night and play games whenever they want to; but it's a very bad policy. :(

It will break my heart to walk away from Farm Town, and find another game that makes me (once again) feel relaxed and comfortable; but I will do it. I've done it before. I beg you to reconsider the direction you're taking this game, before it's too late. Get rid of the Belts -- and limits -- and anything else that is not what Farm Town is about.

Thank you for letting me express my thoughts and opinions. If I didn't care so much about Farm Town, believe me... I wouldn't waste my time doing this.
-----------------------------------------------------------
TOTALLY AGREE!! EXPRESSED MY FEELINGS AS WELL!!!!
my farms are now empty...

ridgie247
Jun 07 2011, 12:42 PM
Sometimes I think it’s hard to explain a point when writing but giving it another whirl in one reply thread.

The progression of the belt rewards:
First – a gazillion posts it was quick to see for many of us that only posting a higher level of belt rewards is what we would do. It was overwhelming and not too much being clicked.

Second – a three hour window was implemented with 250k limit and 3 posts and only posting brown belt and above. Why this was nice is because if someone posted 3 bonuses. I could go back every 3 hours if I wanted to, a neighbor could post 3 other belt bonuses as well in 3 hours if they had items. These posts were clicked whether or not I received the bonus because of someone may have clicked mine as well. Not every day do we all need the same things, it was nice to see other posts besides just wheat, tomatoes and rice. My neighbor may have needed apples the day they posted the bonus, just because I have a lot of them doesn’t mean she/he does. They got a click from me.

Now – a 12 hour window with a 5 post limit. If my neighbor posts 5 items, 10 in a 24 hour period, I can only click 2 of those in a 24 hour period, making the other 8 posts only noise on my newsfeed. I cannot click for them to give them the bonus or gain a bonus myself. If people are only creating one post per day, then all of this is a lot of extra clicking to close windows to NOT post. If a persons posts a high level dan belt and really needs that item clicking a neighbors post for the day will most likely go unclicked until they get their bonus as their neighbors may not be posting the same item.
For me the belts weren’t a race to get to the top level by tomorrow…but perhaps that is what the devs were intending to make room for more facilities and crops take a major part of anyone’s farm who doesn’t have one of the unmentionable type farms but still has facilities.

With a 3rd drastic change to the system it was yet another confusing update to those who like the belt rewards. With animals, fishing and facilities coming next for belt levels perhaps they should have left the 3 hour a lone so we all could get used to it. This thread is for the belt updates and thanks for letting me voice my wee opinion

dbozzy
Jun 07 2011, 01:28 PM
Could someone please direct me to the full explaination of this belt system and time limits start? Personally I could care less. What I do care about it the slowness of how products are processed. I have sold more raw lama wool, wood logs and other stuff--TRADE IT? pusha no one wants it-- because I have more than 15 days processing--in fact all my facilities are full and it is nearly pointless to grow anything.

ridgie247
Jun 07 2011, 01:45 PM
Well, I'm aware of the option to limit who you send things too. But it doesn't matter, none of my neighbors are currently participating in this aspect of the game. So let me get this straight... I can still get a bonus box for all my crops even without sending requests to my neighbors? That is ok, though I already get double crops by fertilizing my fields. I just wish there was some way to see how many crops have to be harvested for each belt in each item, then I could at least have the satisfaction of earning belts, though I never see what I've earned.... Yes, yes, I know if I look at each crop I can see a belt thingy there, but I like something to click on, like the trophy list etc. Would make it more of a personal challenge for those of us who don't like pestering neighbors for things....

Your belt rank gives you a x chance to gain an extra box as you harvest. If you hover over the picture in the shop with your mouse you can see how many harvests remain to the next level. The game also flashes a small congrats on the levels lower ranks received that are less than brown.

The posting of belt rank reward is a different subject and is only a one time bonus for each level/dan level with some being quite staggering and nice to receive. You receive the bonus as well as the neighbor clicking it. (minus the limits)

Angel7
Jun 07 2011, 02:04 PM
Everybody has now quit posting altogether and not doing facilities either. Something better change quickly or Farm Town, you are going to lose ALOT of players (especially those of us at high levels). If we can't get our facilities full and done, what's the point of playing?

kosp41302
Jun 07 2011, 02:13 PM
i think there is a problem with fartmown stuff posting-- i have tried to post several things this afternoon, and keep getting an error message :(

StoneFace
Jun 07 2011, 02:30 PM
with the exception of getting nearly 50,000 bonus purple grapes..... :)

I would like to do away with, or greatly increase many of the FT limits.

Raise gifted items to 200 or more for most if not all items (exception might be flowers or trees.... and they could be 25)

Raise limit on buy and sell from current 1000 per 12 hours to 10,000 per 12 hours .... besides, it you can really buy 10,000,that does not mean someone(s) has that much to sell. Let Capitalism reign.

Raise limits from Dan to Dan to Dan..... make it a real challenge, or incorporate into the Levels. Higher the level, the tougher to get the bonus..... would allow for older players a goal, and for newer players a beginner's benefit.

Raise farms from 9 to 12 or even 15..... big, really big price tags... but what the hay, it is only a game. 3 at a time would be cool.....they can still be coin or $FT, but make it "tough" so it has to be really worked for.

did I say 3 farms at a time ???? :eek::eek::eek:

yep:cool:

Oopsy-Bumpty
Jun 07 2011, 02:39 PM
with the exception of getting nearly 50,000 bonus purple grapes..... :)

I would like to do away with, or greatly increase many of the FT limits.

Raise gifted items to 200 or more for most if not all items (exception might be flowers or trees.... and they could be 25)

OMG do you really have 200 friends gift you everyday?

StoneFace
Jun 07 2011, 03:33 PM
OMG do you really have 200 friends gift you everyday?

no silly.... 200 items of one gift

well, I am pretty sure I have many many friends, but only about 60+ on FT

anyway....
instead of 15 eggs, make it 100 or 200
instead of 20 sugar, make it 200
instead of ........

make it a whole lot more to address the needs of the facilities and of multiple facilities.

after all.... many farmers pay a lot of $FT for the facilities and multiple of them....

Oopsy-Bumpty
Jun 07 2011, 03:36 PM
no silly.... 200 items of one gift

well, I am pretty sure I have many many friends, but only about 60+ on FT

anyway....
instead of 15 eggs, make it 100 or 200
instead of 20 sugar, make it 200
instead of ........

make it a whole lot more to address the needs of the facilities and of multiple facilities.

after all.... many farmers pay a lot of $FT for the facilities and multiple of them....

hahaha...sorry duh me :o

MartiS.
Jun 07 2011, 03:48 PM
Ok so I have not been online for almost 24 hrs and when I try to claim a belt bonus it tells me that I have already reached my limit.....How could this happen if I havent clicked on anything for this long????? I dont understand :( :( :(

farmerandrea
Jun 07 2011, 04:54 PM
well i was loving the belt/dan system however i am now unable to post - i just get a message saying youve reached 1st dan with a green tick only....

despite the increased 12 hour time limit i am also unable to send bonus' - i get a constant message saying ive reached my limit, i waited 11 hours from getting this message and just got the same....

is this just teething probs?

Angel7
Jun 07 2011, 05:38 PM
This isn't right - I just had a neighbor reach Level 1 Dan (1494 bonus) and Level 2 Dan (2130 bonus) within minutes of each other. I thought it had been enough time and I could collect bonuses again since I haven't done it since this morning. So I tried the 2nd Dan for the extra crops and of course I wasn't within the time restraint and I got diddly squat - she still got her 2130 bonus. This also means that she will lose out on all the Dan 1 bonuses as nobody else is going to pick the Dan 1 when the Dan 2 is immediately next to it. The Dan 2 bonus then immediately goes to an expired state where I can never collect the bonus. If we are doing it too soon - it shouldn't give EITHER of us the bonus and just do nothing. I could be just 1 minute off and get really really irritated. Don't like the way this works AT ALL.

KEKLAOL
Jun 07 2011, 05:50 PM
one very said thing, i have lost one of my favorite activity's: helping neighbours who just get started with there farms and facility's those people dont have a lot. i with my highest level could help then out with clicking on there ingredients, after single period of 3 houres when they have publish several stuff! most of the time i didnt need what they publish, but just prefer to help then out. now its so good as impossible :'( i wish that they change it back its so said i can not help then more now .

I AGREE. ALSO SOME OF US WHO HAVE LOTS AnD LOTS OF COINS COULD HELP THEM OUT IF THE GAME WOULD LET US USE OUR COINS TO HELP THEM NOT JUST FARM CASH.

MY COINS ARE WAY IN EXCESS STORAGE IS FULL. WOULD LOVE TO SELL STORAGE MORE THAN EVERY 12 HOURS. I SELL AT 10% DISCOUNT.

SillySandy
Jun 07 2011, 06:55 PM
I know everyone knows this but sometimes in their eagerness to play and try new things or new ideas the devs have come up with, the one thing everyone should keep in mind and this game is beta. Yes, let them know how things are going but to get upset or say you are not going to play anymore just seems kinda lame. Tell them what system you are using like IE or Google Crome, ects or offer other information that might help them fix any glitches.. I think it is great they come up with so many new ideas even if the ideas are a little rough for awhile.

SillySandy
Jun 07 2011, 07:11 PM

Way to go Grammy, I love a person(you) with good attitude! ;) I wish patience was something you could gift to others. All good ideas that come from the devs need time to get the "bugs" worked out. I wish more players would come here and read the post, it sure would help them understand the game better.

Grumpa
Jun 07 2011, 07:43 PM
Way to go Grammy, I love a person(you) with good attitude! ;) I wish patience was something you could gift to others. All good ideas that come from the devs need time to get the "bugs" worked out. I wish more players would come here and read the post, it sure would help them understand the game better.

Another Way to go to Grammy.

Like she says it is a Bata software and at this point in time I don't think it is any to small. Mew things are tested in the Alpha software, bugs found and fixed then put out in bata. There are a lot more people using it then and the will come up with bugs again, hope there are not to many or to bad.

ridgie247
Jun 07 2011, 09:58 PM
Question on the belt reward clicking. I waited over 12 hours from the first post I clicked, clicked one at 13 hours later and it said I had to wait 12 hours to collect another bonus.

The timing seems to be from when I clicked the last bonus link and maxed the 1M bonus, versus from when I started 12 hours ago. When does this reset when you maxed out or actually at 12 hours?

@Simera we all benefit from the belts, those with unmentionable farms may get there faster, but that doesn't bother me nor do their farms. I am grateful that some of them are posting the belt rewards. It's the same reward eventually I can post, nothing different but timing. But very few of my neighbors with those type farms return the help on facilities so eventually will remove them or stop helping them. If we wanted to, we could go and buy extra supplies and have a lot of stuff too, but man is that time consuming to purchase or sell items to someone.

New to This
Jun 07 2011, 10:05 PM
It does work Randall, I think the time limit is a bit out that's all. The ONE you clicked on was probably worth all of your 250,000 limit, whereas I can sometimes get as many as four clicks/claims before I reach the limit. It all depends on what the crop is worth, some are worth more than others. You need to pick & choose your claims.

No, it doesn't work, Hyacinth. I have not gotten a bonus in 48 hours. Now, you cannot tell me that the last bonus I got was worth 4 bonus time periods.

New to This
Jun 07 2011, 10:16 PM
I am so pleased that the belt system is taken care of---now if Ft would only take care of the problem of receiving and sending gifts--I have been contacting them since May 12th-- I am not the only person who has waited for the "devs" to correct this problem. We have had new facilities, new gifts and now a belt system added, but a 3 week old problem has not been taken care of, apparently it is not important!

I would like to know how the belt system has been taken careof. approx. 48 hours ago, I clicked to help a neighbor with his/her bonus. At that time, I received a message saying the mayor had not given me any portion of the bonus. I sent bonuses to neighbors waiting for my 3 hours to be up and I would once again get the message the mayor was sending a portion of the bonus to me. My time was up and past -- I had been working on my farms. i was ready to quit FT for the night. I did my last big of lproducing and clicked to help some neighbors with bonuses. Once again, I was told that I had exceeded my bonus amount. I have been sending bonuses for the past 2days. I have still not received any portion of any of the bonuses. The mayor keeps saying I have exceeded my limit. HOW????? Since when does it take 48 hours to get a bonus?????

Badlands Farmer
Jun 07 2011, 10:37 PM
I collected my 1 million this morning and patiently waited 13 hours and now there are no posts to collect from? I even tried going into game requests on facebook, scrolling past the pending gifts and clicking on Farm Town stories so I only see Farm Town feed. It says 'You have no Farm Town stories.' So I can't see ANY Farm Town posts. Is this a facebook issue?

theoxman
Jun 07 2011, 10:44 PM
I AGREE. ALSO SOME OF US WHO HAVE LOTS AnD LOTS OF COINS COULD HELP THEM OUT IF THE GAME WOULD LET US USE OUR COINS TO HELP THEM NOT JUST FARM CASH.

MY COINS ARE WAY IN EXCESS STORAGE IS FULL. WOULD LOVE TO SELL STORAGE MORE THAN EVERY 12 HOURS. I SELL AT 10% DISCOUNT.

Get real....the developers have made the first 50 levels or so child's play. The game is NOTHING like it was a year or so ago. I can belch and be on level 35.

theoxman
Jun 07 2011, 10:47 PM
Okay...it's been over 14 hours since I last collected a belt bonus. How much longer do these 12 hours last?

Simple solution....GET RID OF THIS AMAZINGLY STUPID AND **UNTESTED** ADDITION.

theoxman
Jun 07 2011, 10:51 PM
Another Way to go to Grammy.

Like she says it is a Bata software and at this point in time I don't think it is any to small. Mew things are tested in the Alpha software, bugs found and fixed then put out in bata. There are a lot more people using it then and the will come up with bugs again, hope there are not to many or to bad.

Written by someone who hasn't developed software.

The belts addition first of all was not completely thought out all the way. Hence the post implementation changes. stuff like 12 hours not working, posting a belt bonus that I can't collect on, etc...are prime examples of slop that wasn't thought out and wasn't tested. Beta testing is NOT where you clean up programming screwups and start applying logical thought. you catch those in unit and system testing BEFORE implementation.

Belts in their current state = useless. I've stopped bothering.

pinkstar
Jun 07 2011, 10:57 PM
is there a way to repost for the bonus when you reach a belt level? half the time it doesnt ask me and i miss out. im also confused about this every 3 hrs thing. does it mean i can repost to get a bonus every 3 hrs?

Badlands Farmer
Jun 07 2011, 11:00 PM
I collected my 1 million this morning and patiently waited 13 hours and now there are no posts to collect from? I even tried going into game requests on facebook, scrolling past the pending gifts and clicking on Farm Town stories so I only see Farm Town feed. It says 'You have no Farm Town stories.' So I can't see ANY Farm Town posts. Is this a facebook issue?

Okay, after harvesting my own farms, I see why there are no Farm Town posts for me to help with. I just harvested everything on all 9 of my farms and got the pop up that said I achieved many brown and black belts. But after I clicked on the checkmark, it didn't bring up the next pop up to post to the feed. So I missed out on being able to post many of them and once achieved, you don't get a second chance at posting them.

Deanna J. Lloyd
Jun 08 2011, 01:33 AM
I thought I asked this question before, but obviously I just previewed my post and then signed out, forgetting to actually post! :rolleyes:

I don't quite understand the use of the word "chance". If I were to achieve the 6th (or 7th) dan, does that mean that 72% of the time I will get some random extra boxes of product -- or does that mean, if I harvest 1000 fields of, say wheat, I will get 1,000 plus a 720 bonus? :D

Also, how does this work with fertilized fields. If I harvest the same 1,000 fields, I actually harvest 2,000 units. Does this then double the size of my bonus? :D :D

:confused: Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but this is a totally new concept to me -- and I haven't done the math on products where I've earned belts or dans. I have crops on every farm to harvest tomorrow, so I'll try to "do the math" and figure this out.

Kath-H
Jun 08 2011, 01:41 AM
I like the belts - well, I don't really care about the actual belts, dans etc. but I do like the bonus system. However, the % system is a bit confusing - if I do get some extra crops through this, I'd like a notification.

Deanna J. Lloyd
Jun 08 2011, 01:43 AM

I received two red rose bonuses of something like 757 roses each! They didn't store when I clicked
"Store All" and I started to panic, wondering where I was going to plant all these roses, never mind the bonuses I am going to get for other flowers [I have a lot of flowers between all my farms]

Turned out I had to click on each bonus and tell the computer to store it. I then checked my stores, and I had a huge number of CUT red roses!! So it's cut flowers we get, not plants! Hooray!!! My Flower Shop is smiling!!!

maggiel29
Jun 08 2011, 03:34 AM
Thanks Deanne I hadn't bothered with anymore flowers as I was getting actual plants - - store all didnt seem to store them as cut flowers.

Mind you - nothing seems to be posting today - no Games feeds on my wall or one the games page. Is anyone else having this problem or have I accidently deleted Farm Town?

max_river
Jun 08 2011, 03:36 AM
i just did the store all for my flowers and it worked

New to This
Jun 08 2011, 03:38 AM
hi I would like to know why I keep getting this when it has been over 12 hours

No items were sent to your storage by the Mayor since you already reached the limit of 250,000 Coins worth of products every 3 hours.

I am having the same problam and have posted as much here in the Forum. So far, no one knows, or they do not care, to explain what I am doing wrong or how I can rectify the situation. So far, I have send bonuses to all my neighbors over the past three days now as often as I can and I have not received a single item.

ridgie247
Jun 08 2011, 05:16 AM
I thought I asked this question before, but obviously I just previewed my post and then signed out, forgetting to actually post! :rolleyes:

I don't quite understand the use of the word "chance". If I were to achieve the 6th (or 7th) dan, does that mean that 72% of the time I will get some random extra boxes of product -- or does that mean, if I harvest 1000 fields of, say wheat, I will get 1,000 plus a 720 bonus? :D

Also, how does this work with fertilized fields. If I harvest the same 1,000 fields, I actually harvest 2,000 units. Does this then double the size of my bonus? :D :D

:confused: Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but this is a totally new concept to me -- and I haven't done the math on products where I've earned belts or dans. I have crops on every farm to harvest tomorrow, so I'll try to "do the math" and figure this out.

The word chance imho means that you may or may not get the extra box, but the odds of getting one has now increased to a 72% chance of getting one for the top level black belt.

Having harvested my flowers my chance to get the extra boxes worked. I "nerdily" know how many flowers I have on my farms. It was nice to see for this week I don't have to plant another rose to max out my flower shop for a day and have a small surplus. it doesn't hurt to have the belts, it will never take away crops but sometimes it may give you a nice surplus.

Someone mentioned the counter for receiving a new belt was based on one non-fertilized field, while we can only guess at this point, the chance could also be based on this since not everyone has the manure spreader.

ridgie247
Jun 08 2011, 05:21 AM
I am having the same problam and have posted as much here in the Forum. So far, no one knows, or they do not care, to explain what I am doing wrong or how I can rectify the situation. So far, I have send bonuses to all my neighbors over the past three days now as often as I can and I have not received a single item.

Would guess no one really knows at this point. Heck up until earlier today I didn't even know there was a second thread about this. Now where do I post here or the other thread?

Inge Jones
Jun 08 2011, 05:26 AM
I don't think it's fair that you can only send bonuses to a person once every 3 hours. After all, they *earned* that bonus, it shouldn't be the same as a gift that no one did anything to earn. All your friends should be able to send you all your bonus awards that you have worked for.

ridgie247
Jun 08 2011, 05:36 AM
I don't think it's fair that you can only send bonuses to a person once every 3 hours. After all, they *earned* that bonus, it shouldn't be the same as a gift that no one did anything to earn. All your friends should be able to send you all your bonus awards that you have worked for.

Unless you're on a server that hasn't been updated the bonuses are now helping a friend once every 12 hours. If your friends posts are staggered like mine it has become cumbersome to search through the feeds (especially right now with the game feeds not working and having to go to my main feed) to click and help only to find out I still need to wait 12 hours for some who posted later than others.

rjohn726
Jun 08 2011, 05:36 AM
I noticed most of the changes yesterday and clarity of the belts and the benefits for yourself, neighbors and those that you hire is indeed a good thing.

However, I'm waiting for the belts for the animals, as I run out of hen eggs, cow milk and sheep wool all the time. And I really don't like having sheep running all over the place on a farm, nor do I like the idea of spending $5 Farm Cash for additional hens as I have already bought 35 of them or $5 cows as I have bought 20 of them also. However if that’s what I need to do then I will continue to do that also. Farm 10 will help in that area also.

Thanks for the belts by the way, I think those will add additional people to play the game of Farm Town over the future years.

Grumpa
Jun 08 2011, 06:15 AM
Written by someone who hasn't developed software.

The belts addition first of all was not completely thought out all the way. Hence the post implementation changes. stuff like 12 hours not working, posting a belt bonus that I can't collect on, etc...are prime examples of slop that wasn't thought out and wasn't tested. Beta testing is NOT where you clean up programming screwups and start applying logical thought. you catch those in unit and system testing BEFORE implementation.

Belts in their current state = useless. I've stopped bothering.

In general, you should expect to run into bugs whenever using any piece of beta software. These bugs may range in severity, from minor features that don't work to problems that cause your computer to crash. Before choosing to use a piece of beta software, you should decide whether the benefit of new features in a beta program outweighs the risk of program instability.

Inge Jones
Jun 08 2011, 06:35 AM
Unless you're on a server that hasn't been updated the bonuses are now helping a friend once every 12 hours. If your friends posts are staggered like mine it has become cumbersome to search through the feeds (especially right now with the game feeds not working and having to go to my main feed) to click and help only to find out I still need to wait 12 hours for some who posted later than others.

Well you can send a bonus again after 12 hours I think. It's just that you don't get your share from that friend's bonus if you have exceeded your limit for the 12 hours. But I still help them anyway, because it doesn't actually cost me anything and it's nice for them to get the bonuses.

beans75@yahoo.com
Jun 08 2011, 07:59 AM
Would love to see the "belt system" changed to something more farm. Number one a first degree black belt is called a 1st Dan in marshal arts--one and the same....Would be more farm if these rewards could be based on a county fair ribbon theme----Best of Show instead of Black belt----Red Ribbon for second highest--and so forth.

Toranut97
Jun 08 2011, 08:27 AM
Would love to see the "belt system" changed to something more farm. Number one a first degree black belt is called a 1st Dan in marshal arts--one and the same....Would be more farm if these rewards could be based on a county fair ribbon theme----Best of Show instead of Black belt----Red Ribbon for second highest--and so forth.

There is a name for this system: "Farmville." :rolleyes:

Grammy 11
Jun 08 2011, 08:44 AM
I noticed most of the changes yesterday and clarity of the belts and the benefits for yourself, neighbors and those that you hire is indeed a good thing.

However, I'm waiting for the belts for the animals, as I run out of hen eggs, cow milk and sheep wool all the time. And I really don't like having sheep running all over the place on a farm, nor do I like the idea of spending $5 Farm Cash for additional hens as I have already bought 35 of them or $5 cows as I have bought 20 of them also. However if that’s what I need to do then I will continue to do that also. Farm 10 will help in that area also.

Thanks for the belts by the way, I think those will add additional people to play the game of Farm Town over the future years.

It takes 2 days to get more wool - early in the game the 1 day milk was changed to every 8 hours. Isn't it time to shear the animals more often?

coinman1952
Jun 08 2011, 11:50 AM
Define 12 hours, I have neighbors that I have not sent anything in over 24 hours, yet I continue to get the message.

JAS0643
Jun 08 2011, 12:56 PM
This is what I have noticed. When you click on a bonus or ingredient request it takes into account everything you have done in the last 12 hours so if you have reached 1,000,000 coins in the last 12 hours you will not get a bonus. Now if some of those coins was 11 hours ago then you only need to wait 1 hour to click again, but if you click on some stuff 6 hours ago then you need to wait 6 hours to try again. This is going to be hard to figure out. This is just stupid and should have never been changed to 12 hours it really hurts me on the ingredient request they where not messed up and should not have been changed. Now what was wrong with the bonuses was thee 250,000 coins limit which by the way has not been increased at all if you really look at it. You could get 250,000 every 3 hours 12/3=4 4*250000=1,000,000 so the amount has not been increased it just makes things harder to figure out. I still say that non of this would have been a problem if the belts had of been harder to get. The requirements are a joke even for the dan belts.

Define 12 hours, I have neighbors that I have not sent anything in over 24 hours, yet I continue to get the message.

It is 12 hours for everything you have done, ie accepting and receiving bonuses. It is not 12 hours per neighbor. If you have reached the 12 hours limit for everything you have done you will not be able to accept any more bonuses regardless of when you last clicked on that person's post.

farmboy2376
Jun 08 2011, 02:49 PM
We just adjusted the limits for the Ingredients and Belt Bonuses Help. You can now post 5 times in a 12 hours period and accumulate up to 1,000,000 in coins in that period. We expect less posts and bigger chances of getting more value this way. Belt bonuses and ingredient requests limits remains separate as they are now.

--Raul

If you really wanted to make the limits better you wouldn't have done this. You would have left them at 3 hours and increased the coin limit to 1 million. Or change it to 6 hours and a 2 million coin limit. The problem people were having weren't with the number of posts, it was with the stupid coin limit. The coin limit is still ridiculous. I posted a Dan 6 for wheat and was only able to get 1 bonus and wasn't able to help any of my neighbors get their bonuses and I have to wait 12 hours. Get a clue with this, it's not that hard to figure out. In order for it to work the way you have it now, the coin limit should be about 10 million. Or get rid of the coin limit all together.

Mama*Mia
Jun 08 2011, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=Raul;4681854]We just adjusted the limits for the Ingredients and Belt Bonuses Help. You can now post 5 times in a 12 hours period and accumulate up to 1,000,000 in coins in that period. We expect less posts and bigger chances of getting more value this way. Belt bonuses and ingredient requests limits remains separate as they are now.

I posted my first request to my neighbors today when I earned the 4th Dan Degree for wheat. Before this, I had always clicked off the requests but I wanted to see how this belt system worked. I checked the amount of wheat I had in storage before I logged off and there was 6228. When I logged back onto FT, I received messages from 4 of my neighbors that they had clicked on the bonus. They said they had each received 2678 wheat in their storage which is half of the 4356 bonus I was to receive. I thought...Wow, a windfall of wheat. However, the amount in my storage was exactly the same as when I checked before logging off...6228.
Can someone explain to me where the bonus goes? I have read the majority of posts in this thread and perhaps I missed something. Also..I don't understand the 1,000,000 coins...unless the bonus came in coins rather than wheat. I am confused!

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 08 2011, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=Raul;4681854]We just adjusted the limits for the Ingredients and Belt Bonuses Help. You can now post 5 times in a 12 hours period and accumulate up to 1,000,000 in coins in that period. We expect less posts and bigger chances of getting more value this way. Belt bonuses and ingredient requests limits remains separate as they are now.

I posted my first request to my neighbors today when I earned the 4th Dan Degree for wheat. Before this, I had always clicked off the requests but I wanted to see how this belt system worked. I checked the amount of wheat I had in storage before I logged off and there was 6228. When I logged back onto FT, I received messages from 4 of my neighbors that they had clicked on the bonus. They said they had each received 2678 wheat in their storage which is half of the 4356 bonus I was to receive. I thought...Wow, a windfall of wheat. However, the amount in my storage was exactly the same as when I checked before logging off...6228.
Can someone explain to me where the bonus goes? I have read the majority of posts in this thread and perhaps I missed something. Also..I don't understand the 1,000,000 coins...unless the bonus came in coins rather than wheat. I am confused!

The coins limit is a combination from you working on friends requests and them working on yours. Any gift you get from posting on the wall will show up in your gift box in game for you to add.

max_river
Jun 08 2011, 03:25 PM
what is point to evening posting for your ingredinents you do not get much any more. when i use to post for what need i would get tones now not much put it back to the way it was

Oopsy-Bumpty
Jun 08 2011, 03:30 PM
I would like to add a suggestion that I think will help make this system a little less confusing and will avoid walls jammed full of useless requests/posts.

I think it would be far more logical to be able to make a request to post for bonus ingredients directly from the seed, flower and tree store, by clicking on the belts we have. So far we have the ability to see how many harvests are required til the next dan, it could also show us if we have a bonus request pending, or if we have reached our allowance for that moment in time.

Inge Jones
Jun 08 2011, 04:48 PM
Am I right, that if *I* earn a belt, and post my bonus request, and get lots of stuff for it, that then stops me getting anything for posting my friends' requested bonuses? In fact loads of times I can't even send *them* anything because it tells me I have more than my 12 hour limit. What has what I gained got to do with whether or not I should be able to reward them?

Geova
Jun 08 2011, 04:52 PM
i don't have any more game requests on my page. Can't help people or can't get the belt bonus

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 08 2011, 04:52 PM
i don't have any more game requests on my page. Can't help people or can't get the belt bonus

FB is being wonky again and is not showing anything under game requests.

Duck Duck Goose
Jun 08 2011, 05:12 PM
If you are still trying to figure out why maple and pine need different requirements I replied to you about that already. Here is what I said. This information has not been posted on the forum but it comes from taking note of what is needed to reach a belt for each crop and looking at how long that crop takes to grow and what level it unlocks at. he lower level stuff has lower requirements then the higher level stuff and the shorter time stuff has higher harvest requirements then the longer grow stuff. Pine is available at level 1 maple is available at level 80 that is why there is a difference in the harvest requirements for the two trees.

Ahhh i didnt see that one. thanks for pointing it out cause i was thinking they took the same time to harvest etc. but i guess what lvl they become avail to buy must be why, eh?

Thank you that was the answer i was seeking

Roxie52
Jun 08 2011, 05:38 PM
I have been waiting over the 12hr limit now to be able to send and still not able to can someone please shed light on how long I will have to wait please. I am not able to send at all and it has now been at least 3 days and posting out is there a limit on this? ty for your help

MarlaKay
Jun 08 2011, 05:42 PM
Your belt rank gives you a x chance to gain an extra box as you harvest. If you hover over the picture in the shop with your mouse you can see how many harvests remain to the next level. The game also flashes a small congrats on the levels lower ranks received that are less than brown......

I know you can see how many more harvest remain to attain the next level of belts. What I need is a chart of how many total for each belt in each crop. I'm very systematic and appreciate a challenge when I know what steps I have to take to get there. I had a chart for the other game which I no longer play, because Farm Town has been so superior. When I'm trying to decide what to plant, I want to see a chart, not have to run the mouse over each crop to see a number and then see the belt and check my list to see where that color is on the ladder of belts... :-) Yeah, yeah, it's crazy but that's the way I rise to a challenge!!! :-) My neighbors don't use the belts yet and may not ever for all I know, so the interest for me is in earning the belts, not the one or two boxes of crops. I actually farm 6 or my 9 farms ( I do NOT layer) so with the manure spreader, I get plenty of crops for the facilites and plenty of coins from said facilities.... Does this make any sense? :rolleyes:

Hornyroo
Jun 08 2011, 05:45 PM
my only suggestion now i have how the belts work figured out... id like to be able to see what levels i need to complete - can we add a filter to the seeds page (like harvest time, alphabetical) for belts levels to sort them? easier to figure out what i need to plant next?

Badlands Farmer
Jun 08 2011, 06:58 PM
Here's a suggestion: Split the neighbor helps and the help received. Make it help 5 neighbors/$1,000,000 AND receive 5 helps/$1,000,000.

The way it is now, nobody wants to click on their neighbor's belt posts because that takes away from anyone being able to send them boxes from their own posts. I know I am planting crops that I WANT to get the bonuses for, so I'm reluctant to click on neighbor's posts, afraid I'll reach my $1,000,000 limit and not be able to receive from my own posts. I've talked to several of my neighbors and they are feeling the same way, so the result is that nobody is getting the bonuses because neighbors aren't helping neighbors.

capricorn1
Jun 08 2011, 07:15 PM
Okay...it's been over 14 hours since I last collected a belt bonus. How much longer do these 12 hours last?

Simple solution....GET RID OF THIS AMAZINGLY STUPID AND **UNTESTED** ADDITION.

Those 12 hour periods last like 16 hours and going strong like the energizer bunny!.
Farmtown, the "information messages" you post are not informing us at all.

Please have the decency and in the message include useful information, specifically:
1) the time period started at xx:xx
2) the coins collected so far are: yyy.yyy

so that you can be held accountable. This will also help you find the errors!!

Farmtown, your bonus logistics code needs debugging and serious re-writing.

You are using the same code for belt bonus logistics and for ingredient requests logistics - and it is messed up. It has bugs, FIX THEM.

ridgie247
Jun 08 2011, 07:15 PM
Here's a suggestion: Split the neighbor helps and the help received. Make it help 5 neighbors/$1,000,000 AND receive 5 helps/$1,000,000.

The way it is now, nobody wants to click on their neighbor's belt posts because that takes away from anyone being able to send them boxes from their own posts. I know I am planting crops that I WANT to get the bonuses for, so I'm reluctant to click on neighbor's posts, afraid I'll reach my $1,000,000 limit and not be able to receive from my own posts. I've talked to several of my neighbors and they are feeling the same way, so the result is that nobody is getting the bonuses because neighbors aren't helping neighbors.

Maybe if you see this in a different light it would help. If you have 2 or more neighbors eventually you will all post the same high level reward, at some point you will get that same bonus by clicking 2 of your neighbors posts of the same item. It's okay to click your neighbors posts, plus maxing out your 1M faster is better so you can take advantage of the next 12 hours, instead of waiting around for a click and pushing the reset timer later than 12 hours.

Until the devs decide to fix this very confusing 12hour limit it may be the best. option. hope that helps

capricorn1
Jun 08 2011, 07:22 PM

You are correct.
check the words you are using:
1) I'm reluctant to click
2) afraid I'll reach my $1,000,000 limit
3) not be able to receive from my own posts
4) neighbors aren't helping neighbors

ALL OF THESE because you do not have the information to decide.

The messages need to contain INFORMATION, not a "we are brushing you off" and "take a hike" dismissal.

Please refer to my previous post.

I hope the software development manager reads these posts. :)

kahra01
Jun 08 2011, 07:27 PM
It takes 2 days to get more wool - early in the game the 1 day milk was changed to every 8 hours. Isn't it time to shear the animals more often?

Absolutely agree! :) that, and add a Marino big sheep lol

StoneFace
Jun 08 2011, 07:33 PM
I manage two sets of farms..

Of the 18 farms, 17 were planted with green grapes and harvested.

Both farms went to 4th Dan degree.... but only one offered the pop up to post.

The other stopped at the 2nd Dan degree.

Anyway, when I tried to collect the bonus..... I keep getting the 12 hour nonsense on one... and on the other I got the 50% of 6400+ grapes. However, as we have learned about ft numbers... the 50% = 387 grapes... about one ninth of the bonus.

I was able to collect on another bonus from another farmer right afterward, so I know I had not reached my limit.

Come on back from vacation FT devs..... your FV stand-ins are a pain.

.:rolleyes:

ridgie247
Jun 08 2011, 07:54 PM
I manage two sets of farms..

Of the 18 farms, 17 were planted with green grapes and harvested.

Both farms went to 4th Dan degree.... but only one offered the pop up to post.

The other stopped at the 2nd Dan degree.

Anyway, when I tried to collect the bonus..... I keep getting the 12 hour nonsense on one... and on the other I got the 50% of 6400+ grapes. However, as we have learned about ft numbers... the 50% = 387 grapes... about one ninth of the bonus.

I was able to collect on another bonus from another farmer right afterward, so I know I had not reached my limit.

Come on back from vacation FT devs..... your FV stand-ins are a pain.

.:rolleyes:

To the bold part, really? If that is so my apologies on my post earlier and change it to MORE clicks.... I get so much stuff clicking neighbors items it hasn't much bothered me not getting my own posts.

I just checked my inventory for clicking on a black belt neighbor post and DID receive 50% of the quantity. Is there something I am missing?

Badlands Farmer
Jun 08 2011, 08:12 PM
Maybe if you see this in a different light it would help. If you have 2 or more neighbors eventually you will all post the same high level reward, at some point you will get that same bonus by clicking 2 of your neighbors posts of the same item. It's okay to click your neighbors posts, plus maxing out your 1M faster is better so you can take advantage of the next 12 hours, instead of waiting around for a click and pushing the reset timer later than 12 hours.

Until the devs decide to fix this very confusing 12hour limit it may be the best. option. hope that helps

I understand all that, but it's still a struggle to decide whether to click on my neighbor's 1st Dan raspberries to help them out and take a chance of maxing my 12 hour limit when I'm still hoping that someone will click on MY 1st Dan wheat sometime in the next 12 hours or so because I really need that bonus.

Making them two separate limits would help us all figure out what we can do and alleviate a lot of the frustration.

capricorn1
Jun 08 2011, 08:20 PM
The coins limit is a combination from you working on friends requests and them working on yours. Any gift you get from posting on the wall will show up in your gift box in game for you to add.

Yes, like weighing a mix of strawberries and potatoes and using the oranges price to mark the produce in the grocery bag.

CLEAN AS A WHISTLE.

Imagine, the company you work for, using these methods to compute your overtime and actual paycheck.

ROFL :):mad:

How convoluted does it have to be? Why?

This is a game. We need simple rules. We play to relax.

We do not want to keep ledgers in order to decide if we will click on a request or a bonus.

We do not want to have a spreadsheet open and keep track of our clicks.

We can do it. Some of us do it at work (using spreadsheets for work related computations - not farmtown clicks ROFL). Some of us use spreadsheets to compute our home expenses. We don't want to use them on our leisure time.

In a game, the game should do it for us.

* Do not mix the value of these goods and the value of those goods.

* State how the time window is established; when it starts; when it ends (INFORM the user; similar to the message that the farmer cannot buy products for x hours)

* State the rules clearly (something that is elusive so far).

* Have the game print the numbers in each category in the messages it is displaying. Give us the pertinent information. (similar to the messages that "you are buying product such and such and paying so much above or below the price ...")

Supposedly the game code computes these variables properly (or someone in farmtown development thinks so) :) ;

FARMTOWN development,
if the code performs the computations properly, then the fault for our aggravation is in the rules;

If so, then fix the problem by making the rules SIMPLE.

If the code has bugs, then fix the code;

Finally, write 3 lines of code to display the information in the messages.

... what is keeping you? :confused:

ridgie247
Jun 08 2011, 08:21 PM
I understand all that, but it's still a struggle to decide whether to click on my neighbor's 1st Dan raspberries to help them out and take a chance of maxing my 12 hour limit when I'm still hoping that someone will click on MY 1st Dan wheat sometime in the next 12 hours or so because I really need that bonus.

Making them two separate limits would help us all figure out what we can do and alleviate a lot of the frustration.

I completely agree with you believe me, since I'm not a fan of the 12 hour change. There needs to be a change and a page or two back a regular forum poster has an excellent suggestion it is also on page 35 in the general feedback of the feedback on the harvesting belts thread.

Grammy 11
Jun 08 2011, 08:23 PM
A question: some trees, like mango, are not listed in the tree store. Is there a way to check my progress? Thank you.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 08 2011, 08:25 PM
A question: some trees, like mango, are not listed in the tree store. Is there a way to check my progress? Thank you.

Currently there is not a way to check on gifted trees belt progress.

Valdoe
Jun 08 2011, 09:11 PM
Since the belt system I have noticed that people wanting to selling or buy at the market has dropped to nearly no one using the market. WHY would you if you can get 1000 units for Free by click on a notification on your wall.

Belts has not only cause problems but also killed a great idea in the sellers market.

MY SUGGESTION... kill and abandon the belt system.. and work on the sellers market.

To improve sellers market which would make everyone happy is
1. Allow to sell any ingredients
2. No Time limit ..
3. No limit of selling or buying.
4. Selling and buying should have a price... Sellers and buys price range should be between 100% - 200% - this will stop people that have multi farms trading with each other cheaply.

Please consider my ideas because the belt system has caused more problems than its worth.

ten bears
Jun 08 2011, 09:45 PM
Most of my neighbors have quit playing just in the last few days, I was in hope that they would get this fixed but it seems like nobody cares:confused: after tonight my last crops will come in,Then i,ll be going with them as well add another one to your list.

max_river
Jun 08 2011, 10:04 PM
Since the belt system I have noticed that people wanting to selling or buy at the market has dropped to nearly no one using the market. WHY would you if you can get 1000 units for Free by click on a notification on your wall.

Belts has not only cause problems but also killed a great idea in the sellers market.

MY SUGGESTION... kill and abandon the belt system.. and work on the sellers market.

To improve sellers market which would make everyone happy is
1. Allow to sell any ingredients
2. No Time limit ..
3. No limit of selling or buying.
4. Selling and buying should have a price... Sellers and buys price range should be between 100% - 200% - this will stop people that have multi farms trading with each other cheaply.

Please consider my ideas because the belt system has caused more problems than its worth.

sorry i would not buy something with 100-200 percent mark up that is nuts and i do not think many people would

Oopsy-Bumpty
Jun 08 2011, 10:09 PM
sorry i would not buy something with 100-200 percent mark up that is nuts and i do not think many people would

Agreed.

Also I avoid the market like the plague, so I wouldn't want that to become the alternative to the belts anyway.

Also I think it is slightly arrogant for anyone to assume that their idea surpasses all others....except my own of course :D:D

max_river
Jun 08 2011, 10:20 PM
Agreed.

Also I avoid the market like the plague, so I wouldn't want that to become the alternative to the belts anyway.

Also I think it is slightly arrogant for anyone to assume that their idea surpasses all others....except my own of course :D:D

lol like that one

max_river
Jun 08 2011, 10:24 PM
i do not think they are going to ever make all of us happy. but i not playing to beat anyone i just play to have fun and to relax and meet new friends. I hope they can turn all this around and find a happy medium for all the players

Oopsy-Bumpty
Jun 08 2011, 10:28 PM
i do not think they are going to ever make all of us happy. but i not playing to beat anyone i just play to have fun and to relax and meet new friends. I hope they can turn all this around and find a happy medium for all the players

Oh I'm sure they will, they always do in the end.

Taz D
Jun 08 2011, 10:45 PM
Maybe I am dense and just don't understand how people can get so worked up over a game and at that over one item in a game. Instead of threatening to quit because it isn't working right how about offering some constructive criticism or information to help the developers fix what isn't working right. Just stating you are quitting because it isn't working right doesn't help them to fix it so it does work right. Now getting off the soapbox.
My observations are these:
1. The 12 hr/1,000,000 coins is not working for many or there is a misunderstanding on this. We need a detailed explanation from Raul on this to determine whether it is working or not. The key factor here seems to be are the two parts posting bonuses (and receiving the crops) and helping neighbors with bonuses (getting half in return) tied/added together for the 1,000,000? If so then that would explain why it seems to take much longer than 12 hrs to be able to help anyone. IMHO these should not be connected. It should be 1,000,000 for each.
2. The Ingredients Requests should have been left alone. It was working fine and there was no problem with it. The amounts in the requests for this are far less in value because the quantities were lower.

Oopsy-Bumpty
Jun 08 2011, 11:00 PM
Maybe I am dense and just don't understand how people can get so worked up over a game and at that over one item in a game. Instead of threatening to quit because it isn't working right how about offering some constructive criticism or information to help the developers fix what isn't working right. Just stating you are quitting because it isn't working right doesn't help them to fix it so it does work right. Now getting off the soapbox.
1. The 12 hr/1,000,000 coins is not working for many or there is a misunderstanding on this. We need a detailed explanation from Raul on this to determine whether it is working or not. The key factor here seems to be are the two parts posting bonuses (and receiving the crops) and helping neighbors with bonuses (getting half in return) tied/added together for the 1,000,000? If so then that would explain why it seems to take much longer than 12 hrs to be able to help anyone. IMHO these should not be connected. It should be 1,000,000 for each.
2. The Ingredients Requests should have been left alone. It was working fine and there was no problem with it. The amounts in the requests for this are far less in value because the quantities were lower.

Ditto ditto and ditto.

Oopsy-Bumpty
Jun 08 2011, 11:11 PM
Btw Taz I did ask you earlier, but did you see my suggestion earlier on?

levarti2
Jun 08 2011, 11:20 PM
Yes, like weighing a mix of strawberries and potatoes and using the oranges price to mark the produce in the grocery bag.

CLEAN AS A WHISTLE.

Imagine, the company you work for, using these methods to compute your overtime and actual paycheck.

ROFL :):mad:

How convoluted does it have to be? Why?

This is a game. We need simple rules. We play to relax.

We do not want to keep ledgers in order to decide if we will click on a request or a bonus.

We do not want to have a spreadsheet open and keep track of our clicks.

We can do it. Some of us do it at work (using spreadsheets for work related computations - not farmtown clicks ROFL). Some of us use spreadsheets to compute our home expenses. We don't want to use them on our leisure time.

In a game, the game should do it for us.

* Do not mix the value of these goods and the value of those goods.

* State how the time window is established; when it starts; when it ends (INFORM the user; similar to the message that the farmer cannot buy products for x hours)

* State the rules clearly (something that is elusive so far).

* Have the game print the numbers in each category in the messages it is displaying. Give us the pertinent information. (similar to the messages that "you are buying product such and such and paying so much above or below the price ...")

Supposedly the game code computes these variables properly (or someone in farmtown development thinks so) :) ;

FARMTOWN development,
if the code performs the computations properly, then the fault for our aggravation is in the rules;

If so, then fix the problem by making the rules SIMPLE.

If the code has bugs, then fix the code;

Finally, write 3 lines of code to display the information in the messages.

... what is keeping you? :confused:

Yay ... keep it simple. Seems the whole problem with this is that it wasn't explained properly to begin with, then it was tweaked (for the better), but there's too many grey areas with the whole Belt & Dan process.

kahra01
Jun 08 2011, 11:21 PM
Ditto ditto and ditto.

and further dittos dittos and dittos to Oopsy- Bumpty's dittos to Taz's post lol.. are we all more confused now lmao

JAS0643
Jun 08 2011, 11:22 PM

The bonuses work the same way the ingredients work. If you click on someone's post or you post one of your own all ingredients you receive count towards the coin limit. It is the same with bonuses you get 1,000,000 coins total it does not matter if you post your own post or click on other people's post it is a total of 1,000,000 coins. It was that way with the 250,000 coin limit. I can't tell you how many times I would click on an ingredient post knowing I wouldn't get anything because I had reached my coin limit but I was hoping that the person who posted would get their share. The problem with the coin limit is the amount of crops you get from someone clicking on your post is so high for some of the belts that one click gets you to 750,000 coins so when the next person clicks on your post you only get 1/3 of the bonus and then you are locked out for 12 hours from the time the first person clicked on your post. When you click on a post the game will go back the last 12 hours and add up what you have collected in bonuses be it people clicking on your post or you clicking on their post. If that amount is less then 1,000,000 you will receive some of that crop getting you up to 1,000,000 or the full amount of the bonus if that would put you under the 1,000,000 coin limit. I think where people are confused is by it taking into account the crops you receive from clicking on someone else's post and that it is not 12 hours since you posted but what you have received in the last 12 hours.

Deanna J. Lloyd
Jun 09 2011, 12:39 AM
The word chance imho means that you may or may not get the extra box, but the odds of getting one has now increased to a 72% chance of getting one for the top level black belt.

Having harvested my flowers my chance to get the extra boxes worked. I "nerdily" know how many flowers I have on my farms. It was nice to see for this week I don't have to plant another rose to max out my flower shop for a day and have a small surplus. it doesn't hurt to have the belts, it will never take away crops but sometimes it may give you a nice surplus.

Someone mentioned the counter for receiving a new belt was based on one non-fertilized field, while we can only guess at this point, the chance could also be based on this since not everyone has the manure spreader.

:) :)Thanks for the interpretation, Ridgie. It helps clear my fuzzy understanding of this whole process. Still cloudy, but am hoping at some point Raul will speak and explain this along with all the other fuzzy bits about the belt system -- which seems to be basically the whole system.

I like collecting the bonuses when I reach new belt/dan levels, and I like being able to collect extra product while I help my neighbors out -- but as far as understanding how this whole thing works, well -- I'm mostly in the dark. :cool:

Please, devs, work out the kinks and bugs and then give us a clear set of parameters of what we can expect and when! Please? :confused:

Inge Jones
Jun 09 2011, 02:57 AM
1 million coins is too low a limit anyway, considering the inflation going on in the game. I can easily make 100million a day just from my factory turnover. Basically to reach that million I only have to help THREE friends with their dan belt bonuses and that's me wiped out for the day. It really limits the interactivity of the game rather than increasing it.

rockhopper
Jun 09 2011, 04:18 AM
:mad: This 12 hour limit is no better, now we are just locked out of the bonuses for longer than ever. This is just so FARMVILLE (sorry had to mention THAT game). I stopped playing it and only play FT because I hated all the popups so much.

All these posts llittering my newsfeed which I have no hope of claiming is making it very difficult to even find any factory work posts to help my neighbours.

The ingredients requests were working fine for me with the 3 hour limits so why was that changed? There were no complaints as far as I know about ingredients, this all began since the launch of the belts. Belts have nothing to do with farming so why belts ?? - even if it were named something different it would feel better. Different grades of wellies LOL ?? :p

This is making me much less inclined to play at the moment.

Please devs sort it out, put the ingredient requests back to 3hrs

The belts are way too complicated. Too many levels, too much asking for the bonuses. Why can we not just have a bonus which is one-off and not conditional on someone clicking, and just receive all instead of having to post and choose which one to post and hope we are not already maxed out. You could use my suggestion and relaunch it as wellies with only about 4 or 5 levels

The devs normally listen to our requests and I'm hoping they will listen to this and make FT fun again. Thanks to the team for all you do.

AussieGecko
Jun 09 2011, 04:33 AM
I've had a quick look throughout the forum and can't seem to find a list of sorts that clearly shows how many harvests it takes to reach each belt. Is it the same for each item?
Also, if I hire someone to harvest do both our belt levels rise? If I work my own farm does it rise? It's as clear as mud for me and I love to have things clearly in black and white. Can someone please help me understand this better?

capricorn1
Jun 09 2011, 06:54 AM
1 million coins is too low a limit anyway, considering the inflation going on in the game. I can easily make 100million a day just from my factory turnover.

I can make "only" 5 million from my factories and "only" 5 million more from working on friends' facilities.

You are correct! the 1 million coins is too low threshold by any standard.

Basically to reach that million I only have to help THREE friends with their dan belt bonuses and that's me wiped out for the day. It really limits the interactivity of the game rather than increasing it.

What is worse is that it appears the program accumulates in the 1.000.000 coins even the clicks to bonuses that EXPIRED.

Farmtown you need to provide the information about how many coins each "click on bonuses" collects and the total since the 12 hour period start. Then you can prove to us that your code is not faulty.

Farmtown, this is not about clicking; it is basic psychology:

Someone tells you that you won the lotto, only to find out that it was a LIE.

This is what really upsets players. :mad::mad:

"No items were sent to your storage by the Mayor since you already reached the limit of 1,000,000 Coins worth of products every 12 hours. "
NO WAY - YOUR CODE CANNOT COUNT - By not providing the statistics to prove that the limit was reached, you are brushing me off and telling me to take a hike

Why doesn't the program :

1) state clearly when the 12-hour period started?
2) keep informing the player about the total coins collected through bonuses since the start of the period?

This omission is adding insult to injury!

Farmtown, this is not about clicking; it is basic psychology:

Hope for a bonus and excitement on account of winning something; and a second later the excitement is gone and is followed by disappointment. :(:(

To put it in simple terms, we feel cheated by the game and let down by the software team.

You know what, we don't play to feel cheated, we don't like to be let down and we hate to be told to "take a hike".

It doesn't matter that so far we liked the game;
this flop in awarding the bonuses is equivalent to your telling us that we are not worth the bonus/gift/ EXCITEMENT and that it is ok for the code to back away on a promise.

Have you ever promised an ice-cream or a lollipop to a kid and then failed to deliver?

This is the kind of stuff that kills friendships.

This will kill the players' loyalty to the game and will diminish your income, unless you do something about it.

Mama*Mia
Jun 09 2011, 07:01 AM
[QUOTE=Mama*Mia;4694342]

Thank you for responding to my post. I now understand that the 1 million coins in 12 housrs is the sum of what I receive from others when they click my belt request as well as what I send to others when I click their belt request.
So now, as others have pointed out, I need to decide if I help out my neighbors and reach my 12 hour limit or if I know I have harvesting to do, wait so I can post and receive more for myself. I also have the option of postponing my harvesting for 12 hours for any crops that are close to giving me a higher belt/dan level. Or I could just max out and then wait for 12 hours.

I have a suggestions that would certainly eliminate all the "record keeping" for the belt/dan system. I would eliminate the 1 million coin limit. Instead, I would place a limit on the number of times, in 12 hours, you can post a request and respond to a request. For example, I could post 4 requests as well as respond to 4 requests in 12 hours or whatever time limit is imposed and eliminate the need to count coins. It is much easier for me to keep track of my requests and my responses than to calculate the coin value of crops sent and received. If I have a lot of fields to harvest, I can be selective on what I post when I move to a next belt/don level. I can also keep track of the number of neighbors' requests I have satisfied by looking at my wall and viewing the number of "like" comments I have posted. THis is certainly not a novel idea because I have seen others suggest similar solutions to this record keeping situation.

My other request is for the game in general... I read somewhere in the forum that the devs actually share updates with a select few so they can "test drive" the updates before the updates are sent out to the general populace. This is a good idea. However, maybe the devs should include in this group FT users who do not make assumptions on how something works. In other words, many of the directions given for updates are lacking "little steps" or clarifications that certainly take away from the clarity of the directions. As a beta game, I'm sure the devs want only the best product that they can create. However, the directions given for many of these updates leaves a lot to be desired and resuls in a lot of confusion.

Thank you to everyone who continues to work on making FT an excellent game.

InePine
Jun 09 2011, 07:02 AM
I like the belt system, i think it adds some much needed flavour to the game after youre maxed out on levels and gives you something to work towards, and i also think its alot of fun to go over my neighbors posts in the morning when i log on, its kind of like a little FT-shopping on my wall, its great :D
But i have my thoughts on the limits and "cooldowns" as alot of other people do, so here is my 2c.

The limit should be 6 hours. 12 hours is just too long, i dont work and i still cant get max potential out of my 12 hour cooldown, im going to miss alot of bonuses more or less every day, and im sure people that have alot more then me on their real life plates everyday must have even bigger problems with the 12h cooldown. We cant really be expected to plan our day around getting the most out of our FT bonuses.

The 3 hour cooldown on ingredients was fine, i apprechiate that you made them seperate requests, but you didnt really have to change the timer on ingredients, it was fine like it was.

The thing i really, really wish you would separate is how much you can earn from your own belt-posts and how much you can get from helping friends. The way its working now it discourages people from helping others get their bonus, because it eats away at the benefit they will get from their own posts.

Alot of the stuff i have earned belts on so far is not so useful to me to get more of, but im sure my neighbors need alot of it, sadly right now im hesitant to post it because i will get stuff i dont need and use my 1 mill limit on that instead of clicking my neighbors posts and getting stuff i really do need. So please make seperate limits for helping your neighbors and the bonuses you get from your own posts. And it wouldnt hurt to leave them both at 1 million, because you dont get much from crops with long harvest time with the current 1 mill limit.

Grammy 11
Jun 09 2011, 07:20 AM
It occurs to me that it is quite difficult for new players to be restricted to 1 bonus from each neighbor in a 12 hour period. Those more advanced players with multitudes of neighbors have no problem. But someone just starting out would benefit from being able to use 2 or 3 bonuses from the same neighbor in a 12 hour period until, let's say, level 50. Maybe that will encourage newbies to continue when they are able to see how much fun this is.

capricorn1
Jun 09 2011, 08:15 AM
Maybe I am dense and just don't understand how people can get so worked up over a game and at that over one item in a game.

Have you ever promised an ice-cream or a lollipop to a kid and failed to deliver? How did the kid feel about it and what was the kid's reaction to you?

Have you ever been disappointed by missing the winning lottery number by one digit?

These are the bad feelings that the game is stirring up, when it promises a reward (click here and you will get 50% of that) and then backs off on its promise,
presumably because a coin threshold was hit during a non specified (or badly computed) time interval that keeps growing until the day ends.

Who plays the game? the grown-up or the kid in the player psyche?

What we need is simple rules that need not be explained.

The development team has always provided sparse information on how things work. They let the forum guys take up the slack.

You bet your boots. Somebody was not thinking straight when he created this mess.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

StoneFace
Jun 09 2011, 08:44 AM
I think something has changed

I just worked a friends farm and collected bonuses

I must have gotten at least 8 bonuses.. many of them Dan Degrees... so bigger numbers....

and I got them all .... no problems, and seemingly no limits....

hhmmmm

bagoshen
Jun 09 2011, 10:25 AM
Taz I agree people are getting worked up they ask to much, it is just a game.

enough facilities
Jun 09 2011, 10:26 AM
After reading lots of posts and experiencing it first hand I think in the best interests of your company & for the good of the game, remove the time and coin limits and let each farmer collect one post from each neighbor per farm town day. Right now I have a choice of helping 2 or 3 neighbours per 12 hours or ignoring them and trying to collect from my posts. That is not a good scenario. I have found this game in the past to be the easiest game to understand rules & guidelines etc. This system has brought chaos to the game we love
I like the fact we get bonuses and I do like the Dan system. I think the problem lies within the structure of limits & the way it was setup. I give you credit for trying something new, but I feel its time to let the players actually benefit from the bonus structure after all this is a one time thing for the bonuses & you are giving coins or ingredients not farm cash. I see many posts going to waste and I know that was not your intention but it is a fact

kahra01
Jun 09 2011, 10:33 AM
1 million coins is too low a limit anyway, considering the inflation going on in the game. I can easily make 100million a day just from my factory turnover. Basically to reach that million I only have to help THREE friends with their dan belt bonuses and that's me wiped out for the day. It really limits the interactivity of the game rather than increasing it.

This is indeed true Inge Jones! and the hard thing about it is that its hard to work my harvesting around it coz i have no idea when the 12 hour finishes so I have some really awesome crops and up the dans I go but it wont let me post on the wall feed for others to claim because the 12 hours isnt up and ive posted the quota. Oh well.. what do you do! Its all confusing so i just waddle my way through it and if i actually click and get a bonus then Im all excited lol! :)

I think I need to put a timer next to my laptop so i will eventually catch up with myself and work out when the new 12 hour period starts!

Badlands Farmer
Jun 09 2011, 10:34 AM
Taz I agree people are getting worked up they ask to much, it is just a game.

I realize it's just a game. But I like to know the rules and regulations for any game I play, whether it be Monopoly, Go Fish, or Farm Town

Inge Jones
Jun 09 2011, 10:49 AM
Maybe I am dense and just don't understand how people can get so worked up over a game and at that over one item in a game.

The thing is, many of us don't play for free, we have invested shedloads of money in the game. Normally I am not a moaner, but I do think that gives at least some of us a right to complain when our enjoyment is spoiled by confusion. No one minds rules, because with no rules there is no game. But they need to be fair and reasonable and consistent.

max_river
Jun 09 2011, 10:53 AM
:mad: This 12 hour limit is no better, now we are just locked out of the bonuses for longer than ever. This is just so FARMVILLE (sorry had to mention THAT game). I stopped playing it and only play FT because I hated all the popups so much.

All these posts llittering my newsfeed which I have no hope of claiming is making it very difficult to even find any factory work posts to help my neighbours.

The ingredients requests were working fine for me with the 3 hour limits so why was that changed? There were no complaints as far as I know about ingredients, this all began since the launch of the belts. Belts have nothing to do with farming so why belts ?? - even if it were named something different it would feel better. Different grades of wellies LOL ?? :p

This is making me much less inclined to play at the moment.

Please devs sort it out, put the ingredient requests back to 3hrs

The belts are way too complicated. Too many levels, too much asking for the bonuses. Why can we not just have a bonus which is one-off and not conditional on someone clicking, and just receive all instead of having to post and choose which one to post and hope we are not already maxed out. You could use my suggestion and relaunch it as wellies with only about 4 or 5 levels

The devs normally listen to our requests and I'm hoping they will listen to this and make FT fun again. Thanks to the team for all you do.

why if they change the name would make you happy. not trying to be rude but that makes no scents to me. it is just a name the bigger issue is the limit thing needs to go

Tokeloshe
Jun 09 2011, 10:55 AM
I like the way it is working. I understand how the time limits work and they seem fine by me. My feeling is if everyone doesn't stop *****ing and moaning we will never see farm 10 and the new levels.
The belt thing will settle down as the higher level players reach the top limits and all that will be getting posted is the lower level players belt achievements - problem solved.

RFMad
Jun 09 2011, 10:57 AM
I like the way it is working. I understand how the time limits work and they seem fine by me. My feeling is if everyone doesn't stop *****ing and moaning we will never see farm 10 and the new levels.
The belt thing will settle down as the higher level players reach the top limits and all that will be getting posted is the lower level players belt achievements - problem solved.

The newer belt system is working for me. I like being able to add the harvests that I need - wheat, tomatoes, onions, etc. It really helps! Thanks for changing it to every 12 hours!!

max_river
Jun 09 2011, 10:58 AM

i agree the moaning thing but the limit thing is not working for the ingridents anymore they should of left it alone it was not broken. I happy that it is working for you.

Toranut97
Jun 09 2011, 11:25 AM
I would like to thank the devs for the creation of the belt/dan system. I was pretty much ignoring it and occasionally benefitting from it, and I don't care if I understand all the details of it. Seems to work pretty good for me.

But even more, I just *love* watching folks around here getting their shorts all in a knot over basically no big deal. Best sideshow in town!!! I mean, you can just ignore it - don't request it, hide the requests from others if you want. Good Lord, when did this become life and death?! You folks crack me up!!!!

jesdreher
Jun 09 2011, 11:41 AM
I'm sure this suggestion will not be popular with everyone, but there is a way to simplify things. Keep the belts, but do away with offering bonuses to your neighbors. When you hit a new belt, whether it be yellow or 6th dan, you should automatically get a one time bonus for the achievement (calculated the same way it is today). Keep the ongoing bonuses that each level already gives you (i.e. x% chance of additional crates when you harvest). That's it. End of story. No more posting to walls, no more trying to figure out when your 12 hours is up and whether you've gotten enough crops to max out your million in coins. While I do like the bonuses I'm getting from my neighbors, it kind of takes some of the glory away from me hitting each new level. Also, I am starting to amass a lot of crops...so much so that I'm finding that I don't need to plant nearly as much as before. This is good, yes, and not a complaint per se, but it's definitely taking some of the challenge out of the game. Oh, and *please* increase how many crops it takes to earn a new level, at least once you hit the dan belts. It's way too easy.

JAS0643
Jun 09 2011, 11:50 AM
I had 3 people click on my Dan 3 belt for onions in the last 10 minutes. It has been around 16 hours since I collect any bonuses by either people clicking on mine or me clicking on theirs. Now a dan level 3 bonus should give me 2,472 onions. Each person was able to send me 740 onions. What is up with that? I know I am not at my 1,000,000 limit because I just accepted 2,412 pine logs from someone.

StoneFace
Jun 09 2011, 12:10 PM
The newer belt system is working for me. I like being able to add the harvests that I need - wheat, tomatoes, onions, etc. It really helps! Thanks for changing it to every 12 hours!!

I am resolved to only checking the postings each morning. Then I can go back a day and take whatever I chose to take because

[1] I know I am past the 3 and the 12 hour.... maybe even the 24 hour:eek:

[2] I can choose from a wider selection of goodies, and help the neighbors I favor

[3] I can spend the rest of day looking for new farms, new levels etc.\

:rolleyes:

Becca40033
Jun 09 2011, 12:26 PM
I would like to thank the devs for the creation of the belt/dan system. I was pretty much ignoring it and occasionally benefitting from it, and I don't care if I understand all the details of it. Seems to work pretty good for me.

But even more, I just *love* watching folks around here getting their shorts all in a knot over basically no big deal. Best sideshow in town!!! I mean, you can just ignore it - don't request it, hide the requests from others if you want. Good Lord, when did this become life and death?! You folks crack me up!!!!

I agree!!! LOL

Inge Jones
Jun 09 2011, 12:32 PM
I'm sure this suggestion will not be popular with everyone, but there is a way to simplify things. Keep the belts, but do away with offering bonuses to your neighbors. When you hit a new belt, whether it be yellow or 6th dan, you should automatically get a one time bonus for the achievement (calculated the same way it is today). Keep the ongoing bonuses that each level already gives you (i.e. x% chance of additional crates when you harvest). That's it. End of story.

I'd be happy with that! The current way most of the time I get nothing, as all my friends have accidentally used up their allowance on other things.

RFMad
Jun 09 2011, 12:32 PM
When I click on something it says "added to your storage" not to your gift box for the belts.
What does go to the gift box is when you click on a request for a product from someone.

leighmarie
Jun 09 2011, 12:34 PM
so, let me understand this better. I clicked on a dan bonus of a neighbor, and was told I had already gotten up to my one million, the last one I clicked on was yesterday, guess what I want to know is what is included the million? facility turnover, things sold at the market or when neighbors click on your bonus? 3 people clicked on my post, today. I now have to wait 12 hrs to receive anything else, is this the way it works. so far I like the 12 hr time, I'm selective in what I post as not to fill up my neighbors walls.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 09 2011, 01:00 PM
I've had a quick look throughout the forum and can't seem to find a list of sorts that clearly shows how many harvests it takes to reach each belt. Is it the same for each item?
Also, if I hire someone to harvest do both our belt levels rise? If I work my own farm does it rise? It's as clear as mud for me and I love to have things clearly in black and white. Can someone please help me understand this better?

We're awaiting a list :)

Sue Bee Doo
Jun 09 2011, 01:04 PM
I do not care for the maddening popups. I would appreciate a way to turn the belts OFF. Thanks.

Taz D
Jun 09 2011, 01:32 PM
No it isn't the same for each item. So far no one has come up with a chart of the amount required for each item or a formula to figure it out.
If you hire someone to harvest only your belts go up. The worker just gets what they normally get. If you do your own work then yes your belts go up.

jmscat35
Jun 09 2011, 01:37 PM
Like the belts & dan awards, makes the game more interesting & farmer friendly. Also the client facilities were a great addition now that the refer feature is working. Would like to be able to have more than one of the same type of facility on a farm. Ready for more Farms. Great Game!!!!!

Taz D
Jun 09 2011, 01:44 PM
I had 3 people click on my Dan 3 belt for onions in the last 10 minutes. It has been around 16 hours since I collect any bonuses by either people clicking on mine or me clicking on theirs. Now a dan level 3 bonus should give me 2,472 onions. Each person was able to send me 740 onions. What is up with that? I know I am not at my 1,000,000 limit because I just accepted 2,412 pine logs from someone.

Jas, I don't see anywhere that it says how much you will get for each bonus except on the publish screen when you post it. Maybe the level of bonus does not go any higher than the black belt level. I just sent out a 4th Dan and I also am getting only 740 onions as per the post. How are you calculating for the 2,472?
For the Brown belt in pine logs I just got 3060 logs. Was yours a black belt and did the amount go down instead of up?

StoneFace
Jun 09 2011, 02:22 PM

you can see the number that you individually need by going to the store, and the market and placing your cursor over the seed in question

Oopsy-Bumpty
Jun 09 2011, 02:29 PM
Calm down peeps stop trying to figure out all the specs of the belt system, we have been told that a clearer list is on it's way to us.

Meanwhile my main problem with the belts is still the way in which we request the bonus. The pop ups have now lessened, which is great BUT this also means I am not always being given the opportunity to post for the bonus. The other problem is when I do get the pop ups, I don't know when they will stop for that particular crop. I have sometimes posted all of them until they stop and then go to my profile to delete all the lesser levels, but that is not really a great way to have to go about doing things.

So while the specs/stats for the limits, quantities are being revised for us I also think the requesting method also needs to be investigated too. In a nutshell, the pop ups have been reduced, on the one hand that is great, but on the other it means we are missing opportunities and at times for the crops that we would REALLY like to request a bonus for.

I keep giving my solution to this with the hope that the devs will look into it. I feel that it would be more logical to completely do away with the pop up requests, and that we should be able to click on our belts at the seed store and make our request for a bonus from there. This will give us the chance to make the most of ALL our belts, as and when we want to. At the moment the pop ups are not just a lottery, but a pain for some people who are finding their walls jammed with unwanted posts.

Players can be more choosy about what they want for a bonus, thus making the belt challenge also last a lot longer.

JAS0643
Jun 09 2011, 03:34 PM
Jas, I don't see anywhere that it says how much you will get for each bonus except on the publish screen when you post it. Maybe the level of bonus does not go any higher than the black belt level. I just sent out a 4th Dan and I also am getting only 740 onions as per the post. How are you calculating for the 2,472?
For the Brown belt in pine logs I just got 3060 logs. Was yours a black belt and did the amount go down instead of up?

The belt is a dan level 3 and the amount went down. The 2,472 is what my bonus request said I would get if someone clicked on it. I posted it yesterday 2 people clicked on it and I got the full 2,472 the first click and only about a third of that the second click but don't remember how much it is. Although I don't remember I think it did start with a 7 so it might have been 740, but not sure. I have family that no longer plays the game so today when it had been like 16 hours or so since I had gotten any bonuses I had the 2 of them click on the bonus and at the same time another person just happened to click on the bonus (strange timing there) well all 3 of them only sent me 740 onions each. I know I was not at the 1,000,000 limit because I went and clicked on other people's bonuses after that getting the full 50% each time. I think there must be a flaw in the bonus system calculations that needs to be looked into and fixed.

Developers here is a thought that I would like you to consider. Change the bonuses back to 3 hours and let us get 100,000,000 coins worth for the belts and 250,000 coins worth for the ingredients. I know you want to limit the amount of money we can make off the bonuses but a few things to consider:

Even tho it will be a 1,000,000 con limit every 3 hours we will only be getting 6,000,000 coins worth each day and most days it will be less then that because we have lives and need to eat and sleep. The real number will be like 4,000,000 on a good day 3,000,000 most days, so that is really not that much more then we get now.
While we can take the crops and make something out of them most products take more then one ingredient so getting 10,000 onions will only mean I don't have to plant onions for a week or two it will not let me make a billion coins off the onions alone.

Back to number one I can load my facilities and get people to work them and in just a few hours make around 130,000,000 coins so really how bad is getting 4,000,000 coins worth of a crop.
You have made the belts so easy they will soon be gone from most people's news feeds so again getting the 4,000,000 coins worth is not going to change things that much.

earlgray
Jun 09 2011, 03:48 PM
The belt is a dan level 3 and the amount went down. The 2,472 is what my bonus request said I would get if someone clicked on it. I posted it yesterday 2 people clicked on it and I got the full 2,472 the first click and only about a third of that the second click but don't remember how much it is. Although I don't remember I think it did start with a 7 so it might have been 740, but not sure. I have family that no longer plays the game so today when it had been like 16 hours or so since I had gotten any bonuses I had the 2 of them click on the bonus and at the same time another person just happened to click on the bonus (strange timing there) well all 3 of them only sent me 740 onions each. I know I was not at the 1,000,000 limit because I went and clicked on other people's bonuses after that getting the full 50% each time. I think there must be a flaw in the bonus system calculations that needs to be looked into and fixed.

Developers here is a thought that I would like you to consider. Change the bonuses back to 3 hours and let us get 100,000,000 coins worth for the belts and 250,000 coins worth for the ingredients. I know you want to limit the amount of money we can make off the bonuses but a few things to consider:

Even tho it will be a 1,000,000 con limit every 3 hours we will only be getting 6,000,000 coins worth each day and most days it will be less then that because we have lives and need to eat and sleep. The real number will be like 4,000,000 on a good day 3,000,000 most days, so that is really not that much more then we get now.
While we can take the crops and make something out of them most products take more then one ingredient so getting 10,000 onions will only mean I don't have to plant onions for a week or two it will not let me make a billion coins off the onions alone.

Back to number one I can load my facilities and get people to work them and in just a few hours make around 130,000,000 coins so really how bad is getting 4,000,000 coins worth of a crop.
You have made the belts so easy they will soon be gone from most people's news feeds so again getting the 4,000,000 coins worth is not going to change things that much.

You can get 130,000,000 coins in a few hours from people working your facilities? Sheesh. I know I don't play on the same level as you do, but I post mine and am lucky if I get anyone to work on them at all most days. Guess I need to recruit some new neighbors, mine seem too busy.

JAS0643
Jun 09 2011, 04:38 PM
You can get 130,000,000 coins in a few hours from people working your facilities? Sheesh. I know I don't play on the same level as you do, but I post mine and am lucky if I get anyone to work on them at all most days. Guess I need to recruit some new neighbors, mine seem too busy.

Well I have all the facilities except the cash service facilities and I only load them 2 or 3 times a week so just about everything is maxed out. I also have great neighbors that help out a lot. There is a group of us that meet here on the forum 2 years ago and all friended each other on fb and we are great about helping each other out with things.

Lora Salter
Jun 09 2011, 05:34 PM
I enjoy FT so very much...I have decided to ignore the belts...if I get them...ok...If I don't ....ok but what I am really missing is...that since the belts have been placed into the game....My neighbors have quit posting their factories and facilities...and that is what I like about the game. I have about 6 people that I worked their facilities everyday but now I have to go look at their walls and they are just not posting....so sad. A game that offered me so much enjoyment has now become a disappointment...I will keep playing but I miss my neighbors that I use to help and they help me.

Toranut97
Jun 09 2011, 05:43 PM
Then Lora, I would suggest you send your neighbors a reminder to please still post facilities and service requests. There is nothing about the belt system that prevents them from doing so. My own neighbors are still posting facilities and services as they did before, no problem.

Grammy 11
Jun 09 2011, 05:43 PM
Last four times I got a brown or black belt I clicked on the check telling me I was eligible for a bonus harvest of some percent but nothing was posted for my neighbors to click on. Has that been canceled?

Taz D
Jun 09 2011, 05:50 PM
Last two times I got a brown belt I clicked on the posting check but nothing was posted. Has that been canceled?
How many belts have you posted in the last 12 hours. According to the information from Raul in the first post, you can only post 5 belts in the 12 hour period.
Also if you were in full screen then the publish screen doesn't show.

Grammy 11
Jun 09 2011, 06:04 PM
How many belts have you posted in the last 12 hours. According to the information from Raul in the first post, you can only post 5 belts in the 12 hour period.
Also if you were in full screen then the publish screen doesn't show.

I guess the 12 hour limit is the answer although I have no way of checking. I know about being in full screen. Thank you.

kahra01
Jun 09 2011, 06:33 PM

People have the right to say what they feel, particularly when people also pay with real money for things. The Devs welcome this feedback in order to improve the game.. if people dont have their say, then how do the devs know whats working or not? You sir, are entitled to your opinion, but so are others!

Baba 947
Jun 09 2011, 07:01 PM
Calm down peeps stop trying to figure out all the specs of the belt system, we have been told that a clearer list is on it's way to us.

Meanwhile my main problem with the belts is still the way in which we request the bonus. The pop ups have now lessened, which is great BUT this also means I am not always being given the opportunity to post for the bonus. The other problem is when I do get the pop ups, I don't know when they will stop for that particular crop. I have sometimes posted all of them until they stop and then go to my profile to delete all the lesser levels, but that is not really a great way to have to go about doing things.

So while the specs/stats for the limits, quantities are being revised for us I also think the requesting method also needs to be investigated too. In a nutshell, the pop ups have been reduced, on the one hand that is great, but on the other it means we are missing opportunities and at times for the crops that we would REALLY like to request a bonus for.

I keep giving my solution to this with the hope that the devs will look into it. I feel that it would be more logical to completely do away with the pop up requests, and that we should be able to click on our belts at the seed store and make our request for a bonus from there. This will give us the chance to make the most of ALL our belts, as and when we want to. At the moment the pop ups are not just a lottery, but a pain for some people who are finding their walls jammed with unwanted posts.

Players can be more choosy about what they want for a bonus, thus making the belt challenge also last a lot longer.

I don't think you understand how the bonus works, as Raul has said, the one time popups for each belt are not that important. What is important is that you start receiving bonus points from then on, without popups. I don't bother my neighbors for each belt earned, unless I really need the extra crops immediately.

You don't need to request the onetime bonus and flood your neighbors wall

Texas Star
Jun 09 2011, 07:25 PM
Thanks for working so hard on the issues regarding the belts. I have been getting notices that I can only send ingredients to friends once every 12 hours instead of every three hours. I understood that the 12 hour limitation was only on the belt bonuses, not on the ingredients. Perhaps the limit is correct but I am getting the wrong message? I have not had time to check this possibility out. My friend requested ingredients for the Fish TV Dinner, so I didn't get it confused with the belt bonuses. :) Thank you!

beautysmom
Jun 09 2011, 07:26 PM
And the latest change has disabled the million coin limit for me, by my count, it stopped giving me any bonuses from my neighbors at about 300,000, even though I was gone for well over 12 hours at work today.... Good grief, let's please get it right!:mad:

max_river
Jun 09 2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks for working so hard on the issues regarding the belts. I have been getting notices that I can only send ingredients to friends once every 12 hours instead of every three hours. I understood that the 12 hour limitation was only on the belt bonuses, not on the ingredients. Perhaps the limit is correct but I am getting the wrong message? I have not had time to check this possibility out. My friend requested ingredients for the Fish TV Dinner, so I didn't get it confused with the belt bonuses. :) Thank you!

it is 12 hrs on ingredients to

AussieGecko
Jun 09 2011, 08:31 PM
:D Ok I think I got it now...

It doesn't matter who harvests because it's the grower who gets the belt increase and the extra bonus crops.

There is no current list that shows how many crops need to be harvested to reach each belt level. (That's ok, I can live with that)

To see how many harvests I need to reach the next belt level I can hover over the crop in the shop. (Done that, it works).

And the best one which I am following now is to make a list of friends called "farmtown" and post the bonus offers, if I choose to post at all, to that group only.

Problem solved. I'm off to grow some more crops and aim for the highest belts. And being the one that likes things evenly done, I will grow stuff I don't need, just to get the belts for that one too. Why? Because I'm mad. LMHO. Happy Farming everyone!

kahra01
Jun 09 2011, 08:35 PM
:D Ok I think I got it now...

It doesn't matter who harvests because it's the grower who gets the belt increase and the extra bonus crops.

There is no current list that shows how many crops need to be harvested to reach each belt level. (That's ok, I can live with that)

To see how many harvests I need to reach the next belt level I can hover over the crop in the shop. (Done that, it works).

And the best one which I am following now is to make a list of friends called "farmtown" and post the bonus offers, if I choose to post at all, to that group only.

Problem solved. I'm off to grow some more crops and aim for the highest belts. And being the one that likes things evenly done, I will grow stuff I don't need, just to get the belts for that one too. Why? Because I'm mad. LMHO. Happy Farming everyone!

LMAO! great job.. have fun! :)

Docperk
Jun 09 2011, 08:38 PM

What I have found helps getting my neighbors to work my facilities is to send them an in game message when I post. Some of the others send me on too when they post. I seldom notice the posting on the wall but this helps a lot.

Docperk
Jun 09 2011, 08:44 PM
Last four times I got a brown or black belt I clicked on the check telling me I was eligible for a bonus harvest of some percent but nothing was posted for my neighbors to click on. Has that been canceled?

I had that happen to me too, but after I logged out and back in again it started prompting me to post again. I had originally told it no cause I knew I others coming up but I didn't get to post them either, I thought it thought it was reading my mind or something, but it was wrong. :)

Doc

Wozzomom
Jun 09 2011, 08:51 PM
For the violets brown belt I didn't get a pop-up to post to my wall, only an acknowledgement that I had attained it. For the Pink Rose brown belt, I posted it to my wall but only received a 5 x pink rose regular gift to my gift box for each click.

Edit: As with the Violets Brown belt, the Pink Rose Black Belt came up with an acknowledgement but no pop-up to post it to my wall. Seriously this needs to be looked at. I am 1,855 pink rose missing so far (371 per click) as a result of only getting a 5 x pink rose for each click!
I get the acknowledgements when I achieve new belts or dans, but I don't get a pop up to post on my wall. And when I click on a neighbor's achievement to get a bonus, I can only click on one, and after that I get a message that "You can send items to a friend once every 12 hours, please try again later." Maybe I just don't understand the system (I don't), but when it first started, it seems like I was able to click on more than one neighbor's post, and the time limit was 3 hours. From 3 hours to 12 hours seems like a big jump. Of course, I may just not understand it yet, but it's pretty frustrating right now.