PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- January 8th, 2014

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Qivis
Jan 10 2014, 10:39 AM
When I am in full screen mode I cannot get the icons for the menus in the top right hand corner to work - I have to minimise again. Also ALL the icons for pop up menus are very slow - the mouse over for the tool box (bottom right) doesnt always work and I have to actually click on the icon to open the expanded tool box.

I think they may still be working on tweaking some stuff. It often happens shortly after an update.

Qivis
Jan 10 2014, 10:43 AM
There are level requirements for the coin tools as shown below:

Harvesters:

Harvester (2x1) - Cost 15,000 coins - Level 10
Harvester (2x2) - Cost 30,000 coins - Level 16
Harvester (3x3) - Cost 500,000 coins - Level 44

Plows:

Plower (2X2)-Solar Powered - Cost 60,000 - Level 18
Plower (3x3)-Solar Powered - Cost 1,000,000 coins - Level 46

Tree Shaker (3x3) - Cost 1,250,000 - Level 50

Flower Harvester (3x3) - Cost 1,200,000 coins - Level 49

Log Truck With Chainsaw (3x3) - Cost 1,100,000 coins - Level 48

Fishing boat (2x2) - doesn't show a level requirement.

Someone mentioned in another post that to use the fuel station to fuel the tools, you would need to have a seeder or harvester, and since the harvester is the lowest level tool at level 10, and to get to level 10 is 2,000 xp. So once someone gets to level 10 they can purchase the lowest harvester and start using the fuel station, but one problem is they won't be able to start making fuel until they reach level 21 at which time they would unlock the Oil Pump and the Oil Refinery is 32 FC to make the fuel cans, so they can only get the fuel according to how many neighbors they have, the active neighbors (which is the same as how many neighbors), level, and any gifted fuel cans until they are able to get the Oil Pump and Oil Refinery.

Thanks for the clarification. I may have typed the same if I'd taken the time to research it. It's been a long time since I started!

KnightRider
Jan 10 2014, 11:37 AM
There are level requirements for the coin tools as shown below:

Harvesters:

Harvester (2x1) - Cost 15,000 coins - Level 10
Harvester (2x2) - Cost 30,000 coins - Level 16
Harvester (3x3) - Cost 500,000 coins - Level 44

Plows:

Plower (2X2)-Solar Powered - Cost 60,000 - Level 18
Plower (3x3)-Solar Powered - Cost 1,000,000 coins - Level 46

Tree Shaker (3x3) - Cost 1,250,000 - Level 50

Flower Harvester (3x3) - Cost 1,200,000 coins - Level 49

Log Truck With Chainsaw (3x3) - Cost 1,100,000 coins - Level 48

Fishing boat (2x2) - doesn't show a level requirement.

Someone mentioned in another post that to use the fuel station to fuel the tools, you would need to have a seeder or harvester, and since the harvester is the lowest level tool at level 10, and to get to level 10 is 2,000 xp. So once someone gets to level 10 they can purchase the lowest harvester and start using the fuel station, but one problem is they won't be able to start making fuel until they reach level 21 at which time they would unlock the Oil Pump and the Oil Refinery is 32 FC to make the fuel cans, so they can only get the fuel according to how many neighbors they have, the active neighbors (which is the same as how many neighbors), level, and any gifted fuel cans until they are able to get the Oil Pump and Oil Refinery.

I noticed that raul has made a change to the fuel requirements this morning to some of the coin tools for beginners as stated below:
- Remove fuel requirement for all 2 x 1 tools, this will allow new users to start using those tools sooner when hired without the fuel requirement

So it looks like that a new person can now buy a Harvester 2x1 and be able to use it as soon as they purchase it at level 10 without the fuel requirement. I don't know if it is just the 2x1 harvester or if it might be for all of the lowest size tools which would include the 2x1 harvester, 3x3 tree shaker, 3x3 flower harvester, and 3x3 log truck.

Farmer DeDe
Jan 10 2014, 04:28 PM
Thanks for a wonderful new upgrade. As for the great debate allowing workers to use your tools to work your farm, I do not have an issue with it. But to satisfy those who want to keep an "advantage" (come on..this is a game not a competition, guys..geez) the option to allow your worker to use your tools should satisfy everyone.

I have been happily farming since 2010 and continue to play but I play because I like too not because I am in a competition. Several of my friends are in the over 150M xp mark and I have yet to make 100M. One day I will but I enjoy playing for relation and the joy of creating my farm scenes. To each his own.

Petuniaflower
Jan 10 2014, 04:37 PM
Well Raul..You Know I buy all things that beautify my farms.Love the white clouds.Not so much the gray and black one.Love the sunshine one too,but can only afford to put it on a few farms,at 30 cash.The mist ones are nice,but like the sunshine one,if you have a bunch of cash to spend.Well I have a small area on one farm misted.:) Going from farm to farm.putting clouds,thought wouldn't it be nice if one could put a check on clouds to hold them in place,so when one goes to another farm,one doesn't have to scroll through farm items again.ME-ONE :D

preston_digitation
Jan 10 2014, 05:26 PM
hang time between farms is TERRIBLE today.... and yes, i have done the memcache, flash clean, hist clean, and re-started everything, including the computer, my net speed is 42.64 mbps, so it is NOT me....

preston_digitation
Jan 10 2014, 05:30 PM
oh, and one last thing, as far as the great debate goes... i for one think its a fantastic idea to let others use my tools, my friend n i experimented, she has the 10x, n i have 8x, i used hers, while she was working on my farm, i worked on hers, and it lets us both use at the same time!! FANTASTIC!! and how many times have we ALL said i wish i could gift my non used tools to a lower level pplayer- btw, i STILL want to do that...

annecairns66
Jan 10 2014, 05:35 PM
Will the people we bought on farms be able to move around and be able to move things on farms, like trees

Taz D
Jan 10 2014, 05:38 PM
Will the people we bought on farms be able to move around and be able to move things on farms, like trees
No. Those are only stationary decorations.

Jean's Farm
Jan 10 2014, 07:20 PM
Regarding the great debate about letting people use your tools or not. I just noticed when I hired my harvest buddy that here is the option to check or uncheck whether or not you want the to use your tools. It's at the bottom of the first box that pops up asking what you want to hire them to do.

So end of debate!!! :D

Jean's Farm
Jan 10 2014, 09:50 PM
It used to be when you load all your facs with the start all tool....the facs used to show immediately in the manager what % they loaded to. Now I have to close it and reopen it to make sure they all loaded 100%.

SeaJay
Jan 10 2014, 10:38 PM
WOW is that sunshine cloud ever pretty. Almost to pristine for everything else on the farms. I only wish the Farm Cash needed would buy the right to use as many of them as you want instead of a 'per cloud' charge. To rich for my blood. :(

SeaJay
Jan 10 2014, 10:44 PM
It was an absolute blast teaching a newbie that they could use my tools. It was exciting for both of us. In one swift move you turned the whole market around. I already see people seeking out low level players to help them out and I already see a decrease in the lengthy names advertising the size of their tools ( lol :P )

Now more than ever, it would be a great idea to somehow differentiate the avatars to show beginners from old timers. I would hire newbies every chance I got now. But it's still to complicated to ask and search. Color coding would be perfect.

I would also like a check box allowing the hired farmer the ability to use or not use my fuel. That's the only problem I see with newbies using our big tools. Fuel shortage. I have 45 million gallons. By the time I walk through that, I'll have enough for another 45 million more. I have NO problem sharing.

earlgray
Jan 10 2014, 11:29 PM
I love the new clouds and the mists are truly lovely, but I am so disappointed that they cost farm cash. I thought that newly added decorative items were no longer going to be sold for FC, only coins. There was even talk a while back about converting the decorative items that cost FC to coins, but it was abandoned. It would be so nice to create a misty scene with multiple mists, but not when they cost 20 or 25 FC apiece. What a shame.

Tom C
Jan 11 2014, 12:22 AM
This new tool the herding robot will it move more than a 180 animals to the barns? Also I would like to have seen more storage space for items added in this update.

KnightRider
Jan 11 2014, 01:53 AM
This new tool the herding robot will it move more than a 180 animals to the barns? Also I would like to have seen more storage space for items added in this update.

As far as I know it will only add up to the 180 limit to each shed.

They have done a lot for the storage, made it so that animals and FC items doesn't count towards the total, and gifted items hold 4 items per storage slot, plus they increased the initial storage space from 10 to 100.

dave1949
Jan 11 2014, 04:40 AM
There is still an issue when loading facilities, totals come to more than 100%, or is it just my farm

marymarcel
Jan 11 2014, 06:13 AM
There is still an issue when loading facilities, totals come to more than 100%, or is it just my farm

Hi! The developers are aware of this issue and working on it, Raul has stated this as a Known Issue in the new release.

Copied

Known Issues:

- When filling facilities the total sometimes shows more than 100%

Raenie
Jan 11 2014, 07:24 AM
Hi, I decided to try out the new harvesting features by going and working on other farms.

The game seems to be confused as to wheather I am working on my own farm, or someone elses.

It asked me to refuel, when I still had thousands in the tank.

It doesn't give me credit for work done, because it says there is more that needs to be done, but I can't find it. Tells me I can only use some tools on my farm?

----------------------------------------

The farmers I hired to work my farm, know nothing about my tools being available for them to use, and are very confused trying to find them, even though I tell them where to look!!!

Yikes .... (heeh) :confused:
======================

Well, I went back and played last night. Things are sooo much better!
The tools are easier to find when I'm working other farms. And someone who worked for me was able to find her tools right away!

I no longer get the message saying: "You can only use that tool on your farm", when working on other farms.

Raul, you and the team, have once again done a fantastic job!

Keep it up! We all love, all of the great things you come out with!

bjyhey3
Jan 11 2014, 10:14 AM
Great update, Thank You...enjoying the new toys however, i bought the new Big Mist but I can't see that it does anything...what does it do and how does it happen

Taz D
Jan 11 2014, 10:28 AM
Great update, Thank You...enjoying the new toys however, i bought the new Big Mist but I can't see that it does anything...what does it do and how does it happen
It doesn't do anything. It is a decoration.

max_river
Jan 11 2014, 11:01 AM
i not sure where to put this but since the new up date when i come to the forum i get adds that pop up i have never had that before is any one else having this issue happen

StoneFace
Jan 11 2014, 11:10 AM
I noticed that when I use the Farm Stats, I get a variety of answers to the same question...

example... at one farm (36x36, 9-layered, edge-to-edge) I will plant a crop and then inquire how much I might get.
The responses are always different, and as much as 200+++ from high to low.

This is true if I ask for the current farm, or for all farms.

Weird. Just glad that the 49,900 +/- does not yield just a few hundred when I harvest:eek:

annecairns66
Jan 11 2014, 11:11 AM
When will all animals be harvestable ?

annecairns66
Jan 11 2014, 11:26 AM
Manure collector has been in store for some time now

KnightRider
Jan 11 2014, 11:50 AM
I noticed that when I use the Farm Stats, I get a variety of answers to the same question...

example... at one farm (36x36, 9-layered, edge-to-edge) I will plant a crop and then inquire how much I might get.
The responses are always different, and as much as 200+++ from high to low.

This is true if I ask for the current farm, or for all farms.

Weird. Just glad that the 49,900 +/- does not yield just a few hundred when I harvest:eek:

I bet you have the box at the bottom checked for the belts/dans, bonuses, and etc.

That total can change because of the belts, they are not consistent, but it says a chance to get that amount and when that box is checked it is giving a different belt/dan bonus each time. I have sat there and checked and unchecked several times to see what the differences would be.

Taz D
Jan 11 2014, 12:00 PM
i not sure where to put this but since the new up date when i come to the forum i get adds that pop up i have never had that before is any one else having this issue happen
If you are getting pop up ads those are not coming from the forums. You have a a malware that has gotten installed on your computer. You need to run your anti-virus/ anti-malware programs to clean that off.

max_river
Jan 11 2014, 02:28 PM
If you are getting pop up ads those are not coming from the forums. You have a a malware that has gotten installed on your computer. You need to run your anti-virus/ anti-malware programs to clean that off.

thanks taz i will have to check it out by do a run. but it is weird that it is just happing when i come here

LionessNcubx3
Jan 11 2014, 03:29 PM
I'm just saying that I think that if the employer has the option to not let workers use their tools, then the person being hired should be notified of that. I personally have ZERO desire to work for someone that does that. It's the principle of the nastiness that I resent.

KnightRider
Jan 11 2014, 03:38 PM
I'm just saying that I think that if the employer has the option to not let workers use their tools, then the person being hired should be notified of that. I personally have ZERO desire to work for someone that does that. It's the principle of the nastiness that I resent.

There is no nastiness to it, you are right it is the principle of it, that was one of the perks for spending real money on the game to be able to use higher upgraded tools to be able to work faster than the ones that didn't want to spend real money on the game and I would say those people feel like that perk has been taken away. There are few perks in the game for the people that spend real money to support the game.

StoneFace
Jan 11 2014, 04:30 PM
I bet you have the box at the bottom checked for the belts/dans, bonuses, and etc.

That total can change because of the belts, they are not consistent, but it says a chance to get that amount and when that box is checked it is giving a different belt/dan bonus each time. I have sat there and checked and unchecked several times to see what the differences would be.

ya

that would account for being able to get a constant... in this case 20,170 actual pixels/crops, then x2 for fertilizer. Not sure why a bonus would change for a particular level/crop when there is no other activity to change it.

Fred1716
Jan 11 2014, 05:43 PM
i left this game 2 yrs ago cause the tools went to only farm cash. i have sat on this game watching the direction its taking, every single tool is now farm cash only and the non farm cash people get nothing? i am glad i left, i do however regret the 80 bucks i put into the game till i left 2 yrs ago but whats done is done.
this game was nicer when the non farm cash people use to get lesser tools to be able to do things, instead we have nothing.

KnightRider
Jan 11 2014, 06:12 PM
ya

that would account for being able to get a constant... in this case 20,170 actual pixels/crops, then x2 for fertilizer. Not sure why a bonus would change for a particular level/crop when there is no other activity to change it.

It states that you have a chance to get that percentage, the program probably has a random generator that gives the bonus at different times instead of giving it after a certain number harvested.

I just did an experiment to see what the totals would be. I planted 100 potatoes and fertilized them (which would make it 200), which I have the 6rh Dan on my taters which is 72% chance, it could be higher or lower than 72%. Then I checked and unchecked the box 6 times and below is what I found:

.......Mine..................40,340

1. 277 (77%)----1. 71,402
2. 269 (69%)----2. 68,175
3. 272 (72%)----3. 69,385
4. 277 (77%)----4. 71,402
5. 269 (69%)----5. 68,175
6. 260 (60%)----6. 64,544

As you can see mine on those 6 went from 60% the lowest to 77% the highest, then I used the same percentages from mine and multiplied the same percentages to the amount you mentioned to show what the difference would be in the percentages at a higher crop count. Yours would have went from lowest of 64,544 (60%) to 71,402 (77%).

KnightRider
Jan 11 2014, 06:19 PM
i left this game 2 yrs ago cause the tools went to the coiners. i have sat on this game watching the direction its taking, every single tool is now coin only and the non coiners get nothing? i am glad i left, i do however regret the 80 bucks i put into the game till i left 2 yrs ago but whats done is done.

I think you mean every single tool now is Farm Cash only and not coin only, but the people that have coin tools have now gotten a lot, they get to use their coin tools when working others farms, plus they get to use the employers Farm Cash tools, but Slashkey is allowed to have their business to make money just like any business, I think the developers have done a great job on this game. So what else do you expect the people with the coin tools to get?

LionessNcubx3
Jan 11 2014, 06:19 PM
There is no nastiness to it, you are right it is the principle of it, that was one of the perks for spending real money on the game to be able to use higher upgraded tools to be able to work faster than the ones that didn't want to spend real money on the game and I would say those people feel like that perk has been taken away. There are few perks in the game for the people that spend real money to support the game.

And hiring someone to do the work, not allowing them to use your better tools to do the work YOU HIRED them to do ----when that is an option-----is plain nastiness and I think I should be notified when someone hires me but has checked the box that says they have better tools and doesn't want them to be used to complete the work.

StoneFace
Jan 11 2014, 06:39 PM
And hiring someone to do the work, not allowing them to use your better tools to do the work YOU HIRED them to do ----when that is an option-----is plain nastiness and I think I should be notified when someone hires me but has checked the box that says they have better tools and doesn't want them to be used to complete the work.

It is their choice. You too have the choice to use your own tool, or go back to the market and find another employer. I think that is as fair as the devs can be.

StoneFace
Jan 11 2014, 06:40 PM
It states that you have a chance to get that percentage, the program probably has a random generator that gives the bonus at different times instead of giving it after a certain number harvested.

I just did an experiment to see what the totals would be. I planted 100 potatoes and fertilized them (which would make it 200), which I have the 6rh Dan on my taters which is 72% chance, it could be higher or lower than 72%. Then I checked and unchecked the box 6 times and below is what I found:

.......Mine..................40,340

1. 277 (77%)----1. 71,402
2. 269 (69%)----2. 68,175
3. 272 (72%)----3. 69,385
4. 277 (77%)----4. 71,402
5. 269 (69%)----5. 68,175
6. 260 (60%)----6. 64,544

As you can see mine on those 6 went from 60% the lowest to 77% the highest, then I used the same percentages from mine and multiplied the same percentages to the amount you mentioned to show what the difference would be in the percentages at a higher crop count. Yours would have went from lowest of 64,544 (60%) to 71,402 (77%).

cool:cool:

thgirblp
Jan 11 2014, 06:44 PM
For all those that are annoyed about those you hire using your FC tools.... there is an option that you check on the HIRE log... that either allows them to use your tools or not.

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=15986&pictureid=41666

dnana
Jan 11 2014, 06:50 PM
i left this game 2 yrs ago cause the tools went to the coiners. i have sat on this game watching the direction its taking, every single tool is now coin only and the non coiners get nothing? i am glad i left, i do however regret the 80 bucks i put into the game till i left 2 yrs ago but whats done is done.

I have a very simple question....Why are you here if you left the game 2 years ago? I have left many games in the last 2 years and I don't think about them at all OR the real money I spent on them, life is too short to waste brainspace on that. :)

dnana
Jan 11 2014, 06:52 PM
I have to say, I've hired 4 times since the update and the employees are very excited about being able to use the bigger tools. It's fun to help other people have fun, it takes nothing away from me, and gets my work done faster, PLUS I can use the same tool at the same time if I need to OR another hire can use the same tool at the same time. this is not a bad thing. Thanks again for keeping interesting, devs! :)

KnightRider
Jan 11 2014, 07:10 PM
For all those that are annoyed about those you hire using your FC tools.... there is an option that you check on the HIRE log... that either allows them to use your tools or not.

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=15986&pictureid=41666

When the change first came out that wasn't part of it, they added that option a little bit later. I am glad that they added the choice, I think that was what some of the people didn't like is that they wasn't given the option at first, now that they have that option they can allow the use and not told they have to. There is a difference between someone having the choice to do something and being told they have to do something.

ImajeanB
Jan 11 2014, 09:04 PM

I personally feel after I have spent so much FCash for the tools I should not need to let those who do not want to buy them the right to use them. My opinion.

ccheney
Jan 11 2014, 09:42 PM
I personally feel after I have spent so much FCash for the tools I should not need to let those who do not want to buy them the right to use them. My opinion.
Keep in mind many players are on fixed incomes and can't afford to spend real money for FC. New players won't have accumulated enough FC to buy tools I know about he surveys and offers to earn free FC but they are pretty much a joke.

ImajeanB
Jan 11 2014, 09:57 PM
Keep in mind many players are on fixed incomes and can't afford to spend real money for FC. New players won't have accumulated enough FC to buy tools I know about he surveys and offers to earn free FC but they are pretty much a joke.

I realize this and I am on a fixed income! I chose to buy things for my farms for my recreation. Others chose other things for their extra money. I do not spend money on movies, cigarettes, beer and feel I can at least buy something I can use and enjoy too. I was not putting anyone down, just stating my opinion.

KnightRider
Jan 11 2014, 10:12 PM
I realize this and I am on a fixed income! I chose to buy things for my farms for my recreation. Others chose other things for their extra money. I do not spend money on movies, cigarettes, beer and feel I can at least buy something I can use and enjoy too. I was not putting anyone down, just stating my opinion.

I agree with you, I am on limited disability and I use this as my entertainment. I don't spend my money on movies or anything, I pay my bills as soon as my check is deposited and if there is any left I spend it on this game. Some call the people that use real cash as being rich, I wish I was rich. It would have been nice if they had put a poll in the forum like they did the coin tool usage.

mcdaddie
Jan 11 2014, 10:40 PM
I am so so so disappointed in the decision to allow people that try to do everything for free having the ability to use what I paid a whole lot of FC to buy. I know that I have the option to not allow the use of my personal tools, but that is not my point. When I bought all the biggest tools, it gave me an edge while hiring myself out when I could advertise that I could to everything faster and more efficient than those with lessor tools. I feel I have wasted hundreds of dollars that today I would not have needed to. At least there should have been a rental fee if my tools are used, like a percentage of their take of crops from my farm.

mcdaddie
Jan 11 2014, 10:54 PM
I am sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I have spent 20 minutes trying to use the search engine for this forum to no avail. When will the news feed links be repaired so we can ask for people to work our facilities, speed up train, and do our bonuses,,,, Have not worked for weeks.

KnightRider
Jan 11 2014, 11:10 PM
I am sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I have spent 20 minutes trying to use the search engine for this forum to no avail. When will the news feed links be repaired so we can ask for people to work our facilities, speed up train, and do our bonuses,,,, Have not worked for weeks.

It is up to Facebook and I don't look for it to be working any time soon, Facebook does what they want and I don't think they care what anyone thinks including the game developers that rent space on their platform.

Taz D
Jan 12 2014, 12:32 AM
I believe that the allowing or not allowing employees to use your tools has been thoroughly discussed. A lot of leeway has been given here for that, but it is time to end this discussion.
Any comments attacking any individual for their views or opinions will be removed.
Please keep you comments here to the new release items and any problems found with those and not for debating the pro or con of the employee's use of tools.

weedville
Jan 12 2014, 01:36 AM
like the release , glad to have the option to have others use my tools it gives me the option to hire more people and I do not have people bail on me due to being overwhelm by the work. The different color diamonds are a nice touch along with the eye ,wish it did allow the option of dim or hidden.

theperfectnina
Jan 12 2014, 03:01 AM
It probably works just fine. It's just that not all farmers understand where the tools are - even if you explain to them about the extended tool box. It did take me all of 15 seconds to understand even though I have been playing since we were stuck with one farm and less than 100 levels. :p And no, it's not that people are stupid. It's just that some people get some things and others understand other things. Sort of like my family - one of my brother's in law is nearly computer illiterate and the other 2 work with computers and even design printed circuit boards for a living! :D

I have been playing since the beginning as well, I have had issues with it not working for me, it has since been sorted. I still do have trouble with the farms I hired for are not all highlighted.

theperfectnina
Jan 12 2014, 03:03 AM
like the release , glad to have the option to have others use my tools it gives me the option to hire more people and I do not have people bail on me due to being overwhelm by the work. The different color diamonds are a nice touch along with the eye ,wish it did allow the option of dim or hidden.

The eye does give the option to dim or hide, click on the eye and you will see the changes

theperfectnina
Jan 12 2014, 03:13 AM
I believe that the allowing or not allowing employees to use your tools has been thoroughly discussed. A lot of leeway has been given here for that, but it is time to end this discussion.
Any comments attacking any individual for their views or opinions will be removed.
Please keep you comments here to the new release items and any problems found with those and not for debating the pro or con of the employee's use of tools.

I totally agree Taz

theperfectnina
Jan 12 2014, 03:15 AM
Hi, I am still having issues with the Facility Manager NOT closing after I go into it. It seemed to be fixed for about 2 days now has reverted to NOT closing. It is such a pain to have to reload the whole game every time I use the Facility Manager.

Just letting you know, thanks

al_bundy
Jan 12 2014, 03:37 AM
what happened to the bonus chest it seems to have done a runner?

rjohn726
Jan 12 2014, 05:28 AM
Well as I work my facilities on a 4 day cycle today is that day. I on all the saw mills this morning got 128.2% full or 129.8%. Then later they were 100% full after I went back to look, as I only do around 80% automatically and all those were fine at 100%.

Just thought I’d let you all know. Love the game by the way. I also know that you all can fix that problem which for me isn’t a problem at all as those are just the bonuses added.

KnightRider
Jan 12 2014, 08:21 AM
Well as I work my facilities on a 4 day cycle today is that day. I on all the saw mills this morning got 128.2% full or 129.8%. Then later they were 100% full after I went back to look, as I only do around 80% automatically and all those were fine at 100%.

Just thought I’d let you all know. Love the game by the way. I also know that you all can fix that problem which for me isn’t a problem at all as those are just the bonuses added.

If you got to those amounts after filling the facilities the dev's know about that issue, they have it shown under the known issues at the bottom of the release notes and is working on it, once the manager is closed and opened again it shows the correct amount at 100%.

Ginny D
Jan 12 2014, 08:34 AM
every time I try to expand farms 16 through 20 I am getting an X025 error and it tells me to click the green arrow to reload. Solutions?

mduby
Jan 12 2014, 08:46 AM
Love the new release. I only have one problem. It is when I hire someone to do anything on my farm they are not able to use my tools which are all the latest. I have the checkbox checked, so I don't know what the problem is. I have cleared my memcache and have done all the things to do for my farms to work correctly. What's wrong?

KnightRider
Jan 12 2014, 08:52 AM
Love the new release. I only have one problem. It is when I hire someone to do anything on my farm they are not able to use my tools which are all the latest. I have the checkbox checked, so I don't know what the problem is. I have cleared my memcache and have done all the things to do for my farms to work correctly. What's wrong?

Do you have the tools in your storage when you hire the person? Do they open up the extended toolbox and click on the tools?

Rob T
Jan 12 2014, 08:54 AM

Hi,

The tools have to be selected from the extended toolbox... the won't show in the front game panel. Also, they have to have fuel, otherwise they wont work either

mduby
Jan 12 2014, 08:58 AM
Do you have the tools in your storage when you hire the person? Do they open up the extended toolbox and click on the tools?

Yes I have all the tools. Yes they try. My wife plays also and tried but to no avail. I can't get people to work for me. they just stand there for awhile and leave.

clearpockets
Jan 12 2014, 09:04 AM
I have noticed that they have actually HALVED the amount of polyerster fibre that you get when you post a request on your wall for more. What are they playing at. We couldn't keep up with before, and now it's just impossible to get anywhere near it.

Really like the rest of the update, though, especially the blue farm squares.

PLEASE sort out the poly fibre before farmers give up in frustration.

Taz D
Jan 12 2014, 09:15 AM
I have noticed that they have actually HALVED the amount of polyerster fibre that you get when you post a request on your wall for more. What are they playing at. We couldn't keep up with before, and now it's just impossible to get anywhere near it.

Really like the rest of the update, though, especially the blue farm squares.

PLEASE sort out the poly fibre before farmers give up in frustration.
The amount of polyester fibre you get would depend on which product you asked for ingriedients. All of the products do not use the same amount of fibre.

TexasStar
Jan 12 2014, 10:17 AM
I was hired to plow only this morning and the eye did not appear in the corner and there was no dimming/hiding function working. I had trees, flowers, buildings, etc. unchecked on my preferences and they did not appear, but the semi-truck and oil pump were showing, which is what caught my attention.

I always have my preferences set to hidden and that didn't kick in either. :)) I have been hired to harvest flowers, and harvest/plow combine and it worked as described.

Taz D
Jan 12 2014, 10:26 AM
I was hired to plow only this morning and the eye did not appear in the corner and there was no dimming/hiding function working. I had trees, flowers, buildings, etc. unchecked on my preferences and they did not appear, but the semi-truck and oil pump were showing, which is what caught my attention.

I always have my preferences set to hidden and that didn't kick in either. :)) I have been hired to harvest flowers, and harvest/plow combine and it worked as described.
The dim function has never worked for plowing only, at least not on your own farm and I am guessing it would not work when doing that as an employee either.

thgirblp
Jan 12 2014, 01:07 PM
When the change first came out that wasn't part of it, they added that option a little bit later. I am glad that they added the choice, I think that was what some of the people didn't like is that they wasn't given the option at first, now that they have that option they can allow the use and not told they have to. There is a difference between someone having the choice to do something and being told they have to do something.

Oh, that explains most of the hate and discontent. I must have missed that.
:D

Scarlet
Jan 12 2014, 01:37 PM
This new release seems really good to me. I have already used someone else's tools (I don't have the biggest chainsaw) and I hope the people I have hired are using mine. The coloured diamonds are good. I also really like the additional detail on the unfinished bonus messages. Great stuff! :):):)

Perico429
Jan 12 2014, 02:01 PM
I am not sure if this has been reported or not, but since the last upgrade I have been experiencing a problem with collecting bonuses when there are frozen flowers on the farm. my server is WF39, I am running windows 8.1, browser: chrome.... thanks.

Taz D
Jan 12 2014, 02:25 PM
I am not sure if this has been reported or not, but since the last upgrade I have been experiencing a problem with collecting bonuses when there are frozen flowers on the farm. my server is WF39, I am running windows 8.1, browser: chrome.... thanks.
Yes it has been reported to the developers.

anglnwhite
Jan 12 2014, 03:53 PM
Now that I'm over the shock and horror of the price that was tagged to the mist decorations, it's time for me to say thank you and tell you how beautiful the new decorations are. I'm just going to have to be very selective about how and where I use the mist when I would prefer to be able to use it, well, everywhere. In my opinion, 10 FC for the large mist and 5 FC for the small might have been a more agreeable price and allowed me to use more of it. I still hope to see more decorations like this in the future.

The choice to allow farm hands to use our tools is lovely. It definitely levels the playing field and changes the dynamic in the market for the better. The hiring process had become tedious and time consuming, especially with large farms and big jobs. I already see that more workers are willing to take on just about any reasonable job and that will only improve as word gets out.

Thank you also for the herding tool and colored location diamonds. Anything that saves time and streamlines the play is a plus.

maehusk
Jan 12 2014, 05:47 PM
Please help!
Since the new update, I can no longer: work neighbors' facilities, send gifts, take farm photos, post my factories or bonuses. I have cleared memcache, uninstalled flashplayer and installed new one, etc. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Scarlet
Jan 12 2014, 06:25 PM
Two (very minor) glitches to report:

a) When I checked the bonus having just harvested crops, it told me I had more crops to harvest, but in fact only trees were left. Once I started harvesting trees, it told me (correctly) that I still had trees to do.

b) I went to a farm to harvest trees and realised I had trees switched off. When I turned them back on, with the eye set to "fade" the trees that did not need harvesting were still showing up; only the ones that I harvested faded out. Scrolling through the eye settings solved this, however.

Taz D
Jan 12 2014, 06:30 PM
Please help!
Since the new update, I can no longer: work neighbors' facilities, send gifts, take farm photos, post my factories or bonuses. I have cleared memcache, uninstalled flashplayer and installed new one, etc. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
Unfortunately there really isn't anything else you can try. This is a Facebook issue and they have had a bug report open on it since the middle of November. It is assigned and is high priority but they have not come up with a fix yet.
The only other thing I can think of to try would be to remove Farm Town and reinstall it. If you want to try this be sure to accept all your gifts first as those will not come back after doing that. The rest of your farms will be ok.

RIAP27
Jan 12 2014, 06:38 PM
I have had this issue since before Christmas, I cannot post or do anything that requires the Facebook window to come up because it will not for all mentioned above plus the bank, posting dans belts etc, boosting my trains, and was finally told its something with Facebook. Has there been ANY progress on this issue???Please help!

RIAP27
Jan 12 2014, 06:40 PM
Just saw this post. It saddens me. You'd think FB would be more helpful. Guess this will be something that will last for months and months before it is fixed,Unfortunately there really isn't anything else you can try. This is a Facebook issue and they have had a bug report open on it since the middle of November. It is assigned and is high priority but they have not come up with a fix yet.
The only other thing I can think of to try would be to remove Farm Town and reinstall it. If you want to try this be sure to accept all your gifts first as those will not come back after doing that. The rest of your farms will be ok.

ccheney
Jan 12 2014, 09:59 PM
I have chrome and I have no problem posting bonuses or facilities or working other people's facilities. The only thing I can't do is take photos. It says I need permission to do it.

cindier
Jan 13 2014, 03:02 AM
Do we need peacocks for anything? thanks Cindie

marymarcel
Jan 13 2014, 07:09 AM
Do we need peacocks for anything? thanks Cindie

Hi! up now, they are only decorations for the farms.:)

allinhistime
Jan 13 2014, 12:37 PM
Is there any use for these besides decoration? Lately I have been receiving a lot of them as gifts ... so thinking I may have missed something. Thanks

Denise Dianna
Jan 13 2014, 12:38 PM
One more positive spin on allowing others to use the employer's tools is that they are more likely to buy their own FC tools. I know that if I saw how easy it was to use a 10x10 combine or catch all the fish with one click or chop 96 trees at I time and then had to go back to my own farm and do 1 or 2 or 9 at a time, I'd do everything I could to get those FC tools on my farm. And the more people who will buy FC the more money the developers have to improve the game for everyone.

very good point Kathy

Taz D
Jan 13 2014, 12:42 PM
Is there any use for these besides decoration? Lately I have been receiving a lot of them as gifts ... so thinking I may have missed something. Thanks
No. They are only decorations. You can always exchange those gifts for something more usful.

RIAP27
Jan 13 2014, 03:10 PM
I really WANT the 10x10 combine but since all this started with facebook I cannot access the bank, along with everything else I need a Facebook window for. ! But I do like the idea of using the employers tools for those who do not have them.very good point Kathy

tine50
Jan 13 2014, 03:14 PM
I hired someone today that is a beginner

i have all the tools but when she selects them it says this tool only works on your own farm?

is there a level requirement for players to be able to use my tools?

did u make sure there was a heck where it says let employees use my tools ? it comes under where u hire and where u pick the farms u needs done

Taz D
Jan 13 2014, 03:47 PM
I really WANT the 10x10 combine but since all this started with facebook I cannot access the bank, along with everything else I need a Facebook window for. ! But I do like the idea of using the employers tools for those who do not have them.
You told us you could access the bank through IE. So you could use that to buy your farm cash and then back to Firefox or Chrome to buy the combine.

RIAP27
Jan 13 2014, 04:06 PM
Taz replied "You told us you could access the bank through IE. So you could use that to buy your farm cash and then back to Firefox or Chrome to buy the combine." I will if I absolutely must--just do not like IE much and really don't want to use my account for real money on it unless I have absolutely no other choice.I really WANT the 10x10 combine but since all this started with facebook I cannot access the bank, along with everything else I need a Facebook window for. ! But I do like the idea of using the employers tools for those who do not have them.

Rugged Barbie
Jan 13 2014, 06:45 PM
Taz replied "You told us you could access the bank through IE. So you could use that to buy your farm cash and then back to Firefox or Chrome to buy the combine." I will if I absolutely must--just do not like IE much and really don't want to use my account for real money on it unless I have absolutely no other choice.

You can buy a prepaid Visa Card at stores like WalMart, then use that card to buy your Farm Cash or Face Book credits, I think. That should, if it works, allow you to make purchases without using your personal credit or debit card online.

Has anyone had experience using prepaid credit cards? I don't think your name is connected with it or your bank account. I've not tried it but am thinking that would solve your concern.

Happy Farming
Love the update
Love letting employees use my x10 tools:)

RIAP27
Jan 13 2014, 06:47 PM
I am not that desperate yet. I am hoping they will fix it in a few months. . . .You can buy a prepaid Visa Card at stores like WalMart, then use that card to buy your Farm Cash or Face Book credits, I think. That should, if it works, allow you to make purchases without using your personal credit or debit card online.

Has anyone had experience using prepaid credit cards? I don't think your name is connected with it or your bank account. I've not tried it but am thinking that would solve your concern.

Happy Farming
Love the update

JW2009
Jan 14 2014, 05:52 AM
Hi, I have bought PrePaid Visa, it's the only way I buy fc and your name or info is not recorded, nor is your bank info since it's not connected to your bank. I bought mine from Shoppers Drug Mart :)You can buy a prepaid Visa Card at stores like WalMart, then use that card to buy your Farm Cash or Face Book credits, I think. That should, if it works, allow you to make purchases without using your personal credit or debit card online.

Happy Farming
Love the update

StoneFace
Jan 14 2014, 07:21 AM
Hi, I have bought PrePaid Visa, it's the only way I buy fc and your name or info is not recorded, nor is your bank info since it's not connected to your bank. I bought mine from Shoppers Drug Mart :)

Same here....

I can get a $50 Visa (or MC or other) debit card. It cost a few bucks extra to activate. But it will purchase 250FC, and then 55FC, with $0.02 left over. No way do I want to use my cards that are connected to bank and personal info. I have used a pile of those gift cards over time... a big pile... but then, the game is worth it, IMHO.

JonVDB
Jan 14 2014, 08:08 AM
I have quit playing FT (and buying things) until I can hire people to plant for me. Just thought developers might like to know these things. :mad:

RIAP27
Jan 14 2014, 08:37 AM
If this issue is not fixed I may do that, BUT if I cannot participate in many aspects of the game because of this facebook window issue I may not put any more money into the game.Hi, I have bought PrePaid Visa, it's the only way I buy fc and your name or info is not recorded, nor is your bank info since it's not connected to your bank. I bought mine from Shoppers Drug Mart :)

Farmer_Susan
Jan 14 2014, 11:28 AM
This is an AWESOME update! I LOVE the new clouds! Two suggestions about them:

1. Is there a way to preview the ones that cost FC? Just from looking at the pictures I can't tell if I'd like them or not and since it's real money, I'd like to be able to "try before you buy". Or if someone else has bought them and I can see them on their farms, that would be a second best option.

2. In the future, I would LOVE being able to buy storm clouds with lightening. Make it real looking and random so it doesn't look corny or get boring. I keep my sound turned off but some people might also want sound effects. Can't say for absolute certain, but I probably WOULD pay real money for that. : )

Farmgirl1706
Jan 14 2014, 11:42 AM
Has the time between when you can rework others facilities been changed. Its been at least 12hrs and they say oops already worked it and come back tomorrow. I can usually rework them at least by 12hrs.

Taz D
Jan 14 2014, 11:52 AM
Has the time between when you can rework others facilities been changed. Its been at least 12hrs and they say oops already worked it and come back tomorrow. I can usually rework them at least by 12hrs.
Yes it has several releases back. It is now 8 hours after you worked the last neighbor's farm before you can rework someones. The time clock in the extended toolbox will tell you how long before you can rework them.

Farmgirl1706
Jan 14 2014, 12:00 PM
Well what i mean is the ones i worked yesterday and it has been more than 12hrs ago and is still telling I cant work them .....it says oops you already worked them . Some I even worked before noon yesterday and is still saying i already worked them. The timer is set 8hrs but its not changing. So i cant work anybody's facilities that i worked yesterday . Thats what im talking about. I already did the clear cache thing and nothing changed.

Farmgirl1706
Jan 14 2014, 12:47 PM
Ok my timer to work other peoples facilities doesnt change from 8hrs which is preventing me from working them again as its been like 24hrs ago since i worked some of my neighbors facilities and just get he oops you already worked this farm today. How do i unstuck my timer cause i cant work anyones facilities that i worked in the last 24hrs. Only ones i havent worked in the last couple of days. It happened after yesterdays posted fix on the new release. And alot of my other friends and neighbors are having the same problem if this helps!

KnightRider
Jan 14 2014, 01:34 PM
This is an AWESOME update! I LOVE the new clouds! Two suggestions about them:

1. Is there a way to preview the ones that cost FC? Just from looking at the pictures I can't tell if I'd like them or not and since it's real money, I'd like to be able to "try before you buy". Or if someone else has bought them and I can see them on their farms, that would be a second best option.

2. In the future, I would LOVE being able to buy storm clouds with lightening. Make it real looking and random so it doesn't look corny or get boring. I keep my sound turned off but some people might also want sound effects. Can't say for absolute certain, but I probably WOULD pay real money for that. : )

If you have the FC to purchase the clouds then you can preview them. All you do is to click on the buy and if you have a choice of rotation to choose from, just choose which one you want and move the cloud around your farm looking at it and after you are done looking just click on the green man to get out of it, this way you can look at it on your farm and you don't have to purchase it. Just make sure you don't click anywhere on your farm while you are looking at the cloud, otherwise you just purchased that cloud. If you don't have the FC then you would just have to look at someone else's farm.

Other than what I posted above it would be best if you put your suggestion in the suggestion section, so the developers can see your suggestion, you can't start a new thread, this way they can keep the suggestion section easier to read, but you can put it in the thread that is closest to what you are suggesting and if you don't see one that is close, you can put it in the thread My idea doesn't have a thread.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 14 2014, 03:30 PM
If you have the FC to purchase the clouds then you can preview them. All you do is to click on the buy and if you have a choice of rotation to choose from, just choose which one you want and move the cloud around your farm looking at it and after you are done looking just click on the green man to get out of it, this way you can look at it on your farm and you don't have to purchase it. Just make sure you don't click anywhere on your farm while you are looking at the cloud, otherwise you just purchased that cloud. If you don't have the FC then you would just have to look at someone else's farm.

Perfect, thanks. : )

KnightRider
Jan 14 2014, 03:42 PM

Your welcome, I do that all the time just to see if something looks good on my farm or not.

pippi123
Jan 14 2014, 05:34 PM
Taz replied "You told us you could access the bank through IE. So you could use that to buy your farm cash and then back to Firefox or Chrome to buy the combine." I will if I absolutely must--just do not like IE much and really don't want to use my account for real money on it unless I have absolutely no other choice.

Walmart & gamestop both sell facebook gift cards. No need to let facebook have a record of your accounts. This is what I do & how I gift nieces & nephews & it works great.

Petuniaflower
Jan 14 2014, 05:37 PM

The sunshine cloud is awesome.Wish I thought I could afford to put it on more farms.Love the white clouds.You don't need to buy the big white cloud.The small one,gives the option to buy one more or multiple.I work with it tell I get the size cloud I want.

TexasStar
Jan 14 2014, 07:48 PM
Ok my timer to work other peoples facilities doesnt change from 8hrs which is preventing me from working them again as its been like 24hrs ago since i worked some of my neighbors facilities and just get he oops you already worked this farm today. How do i unstuck my timer cause i cant work anyones facilities that i worked in the last 24hrs. Only ones i havent worked in the last couple of days. It happened after yesterdays posted fix on the new release. And alot of my other friends and neighbors are having the same problem if this helps!

Perhaps you already know this, if so I am sorry, but for what it is worth....

1. You have to wait 8 hours without working anyone's facilities before the clock will reset and let you rework neighbors facilities.

2. Sometimes you may get the Oops message on certain farms while others you are able to work. MOD EDIT: Link Removedgenerally fixes the problem in a matter of seconds

Taz D
Jan 14 2014, 07:55 PM
Perhaps you already know this, if so I am sorry, but for what it is worth....

1. You have to wait 8 hours without working anyone's facilities before the clock will reset and let you rework neighbors facilities.

2. Sometimes you may get the Oops message on certain farms while others you are able to work. The(link removed) generally fixes the problem in a matter of seconds
Your link will be removed because it is an external non-approved link. External links are not allowed in the forums.
There are plenty of links to the authorized Farm Town generated link for the memcache clearing included in the forums without posting an outside link.

TexasStar
Jan 14 2014, 08:04 PM
The dim function has never worked for plowing only, at least not on your own farm and I am guessing it would not work when doing that as an employee either.

Thank you Taz, I don't do much plowing only. Thanks for reminding me :)

jkmyer
Jan 14 2014, 09:36 PM
Where do the clouds go there is no sky on my farms

Taz D
Jan 14 2014, 09:45 PM
Along the edge of your farm...they do float above it so to speak.

Petuniaflower
Jan 14 2014, 09:52 PM

adding to what Taz said.It is like your looking down at your farm.I put planes to fly.Balloons.you actually are sitting them down on the farm surface.It is a allusion.The cloulds appear above as does the planes. :D:D;)

KnightRider
Jan 14 2014, 09:53 PM

Here is a couple of pictures of what some do.

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1546379_682564618432458_1833374047_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/7993_682564678432452_2112541261_n.jpg

theperfectnina
Jan 15 2014, 02:03 AM
I am admin of a Farm Town group and have just been informed that people are still having issues with the Facility Manger being 300% upon loading, this just now happened which is 2 days (our side of the world) after the Post Release Updates - Jan 13th, 2:00PM EST

- Bug showing numbers > 100% in Facility Manager fixed

any ideas besides clearing mem cache which has been done???

theperfectnina
Jan 15 2014, 02:04 AM
Here is a couple of pictures of what some do.

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1546379_682564618432458_1833374047_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/7993_682564678432452_2112541261_n.jpg

That seems to be the mist not cloud, my cloud isn't that transparent, nice though if I could afford it he he

KnightRider
Jan 15 2014, 02:14 AM
That seems to be the mist not cloud, my cloud isn't that transparent, nice though if I could afford it he he

Nope, those are the big clouds, I couldn't do that with the mists those are FC and don't have that much FC to make those photos. They might become less transparent after you purchase the item, those photos are taken without doing the purchase. I just made those photos to show a couple of positions that some people might put the clouds and mists.

beverduster
Jan 15 2014, 05:11 AM
whats wrong with the facilitys manager, it wont load dodo plus I still cant get 5 trains to boost

marymarcel
Jan 15 2014, 06:44 AM
I am admin of a Farm Town group and have just been informed that people are still having issues with the Facility Manger being 300% upon loading, this just now happened which is 2 days (our side of the world) after the Post Release Updates - Jan 13th, 2:00PM EST

any ideas besides clearing mem cache which has been done???

Hi! it would be better for those farmers to join the forum and post their problems here to allow the moderators/developers to check what is happening.:)

JW2009
Jan 15 2014, 07:09 AM
Hi, This is the 30fc Sun-Clouds
https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1544960_726276830716764_1938395983_n.jpg
And this is the 25fc Mist one
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/1512753_726277720716675_424216955_n.jpg
Thank You & Happy Farming™

Taz D
Jan 15 2014, 10:36 AM
whats wrong with the facilitys manager, it wont load dodo plus I still cant get 5 trains to boost
Check your fuel for the facility manager loading. It requires fuel for any of the Start and Load tools to work.
Are you missing the boost button or missing the names in the list after clicking the button?
If you are missing the button:
After you have dispatched your train, close the Train Status then reopen and see if the boost button is there. If it still isn't restart your farm and then see if it is there.
If you are missing the names in the list then this is a Facebook problem and they are working on it.

Peggy Quinn Mooneyhan
Jan 15 2014, 01:26 PM
I would like to see something like being able to do facilities and clients together so we don't have to keep going back. Can it be done?

KnightRider
Jan 15 2014, 02:19 PM
I would like to see something like being able to do facilities and clients together so we don't have to keep going back. Can it be done?

If you know that your neighbor wants both done, you can click on the factory help and do the factories on that farm, then if there are any service facilities on that farm you can click on each one manually and work them, same the other way also click on the service facility help and then after those are done on that farm you can go and click on each factory and work them.

Rob T
Jan 15 2014, 10:34 PM
Hi,

Update from Raul,

Post Release Updates - Jan 15th, 7:10PM EST

- Frozen flowers should not interfere anymore to collect the Chest Bonus when hired

rjohn726
Jan 16 2014, 05:32 AM
Today no facility went above 100% when I worked it

ckwcpa
Jan 16 2014, 10:42 AM
The improvements are really appreciated! Your team has made the game much better.......but I would so appreciate a tool that would Harvest all Flowers (either on a farm, or on all farms) and a tool that would Harvest all Trees (ideally both fruit and those that need to be sawed). It would speed things up so fast......especially if it could apply to all farms. But even just the current farm would be appreciated. If you have many farms, it just takes quite a bit of time to get through them.

KnightRider
Jan 16 2014, 10:47 AM
The improvements are really appreciated! Your team has made the game much better.......but I would so appreciate a tool that would Harvest all Flowers (either on a farm, or on all farms) and a tool that would Harvest all Trees (ideally both fruit and those that need to be sawed). It would speed things up so fast......especially if it could apply to all farms. But even just the current farm would be appreciated. If you have many farms, it just takes quite a bit of time to get through them.

It would be best if you put your suggestion in the suggestion section so the developers can see your suggestion, you can't start a new thread, this way they can keep the suggestion section easier to read, but you can put it in the thread that is closest to what you are suggesting and if you don't see one that is close, you can put it in the thread My idea doesn't have a thread.

yramski
Jan 16 2014, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the updates. I love being able to share my big tools with people I hire. I have had more success with people completing jobs when they use my tools, my combine, tree shaker, chain saw, boat and flower harvester. Some players are unhappy with this feature. You can choose not to share your tools, but frankly I think it is better if you do.

ccheney
Jan 16 2014, 02:36 PM
I agree.I don't mind sharing tools and helping lower level players have an even playing field. I would like to see all those who are complaining go back to having no tools and see how frustrating it is and how long it takes to harvest and plow a multi-layered farm one plot at a time or to chop a forest one tree at a time and then multiply that by up to 20 farms. It's overwhelming and very time consuming when you are just starting out in the game and you don't have tools. Those who don't have tools now and aren't at a level where they can buy them or don't have enough FC to buy them yet may do so when they get to the level in which they can buy them. In the meantime why not be neighborly and help them out?

auntsusie59
Jan 16 2014, 02:44 PM
The updates are terrific; a big thank you. I have a problem when buying animals it will not let me select an animal so you can buy multiples, or put in shed. It will highlight it but no menu appears. Any suggestions?

KnightRider
Jan 16 2014, 02:51 PM
The updates are terrific; a big thank you. I have a problem when buying animals it will not let me select an animal so you can buy multiples, or put in shed. It will highlight it but no menu appears. Any suggestions?

You can try to clear the Farm Town memcache and see if that helps. The memcache is different than your computers cache, this is Farm Town’s cache on their server, sometimes the cache on their server gets bad data or data that doesn't let new data be stored and needs to be cleared. It only needs to be cleared when you are having problems.

To clear the FT memcache Click Here (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached) and you will see a list saying unsetting, this is normal, once the page loads it is done and all you need to do is close that page and your farm if it is open, then clear your browser cache, cookies, and history and close it. Then sign back in and you are ready to go.

Terry the Chameleon
Jan 16 2014, 03:03 PM
To those who are upset about employees being able to use your tools because you have invested a lot of FC in them and they have not.

How about looking at it this way....now your investment of FC is worth even more because you are not the ONLY player who can use them!

It is like purchasing a snow blower and doing your own driveway, or letting your neighbor borrow it so THEY can do your driveway!

Just a thought.....:rolleyes:

auntsusie59
Jan 16 2014, 03:06 PM
Knightrider I did as you suggested clearing memcache deleting cookies history etc. but it still wont work when u click on the animal the avatar walks there. grrr Thank you for responding so quickly

KnightRider
Jan 16 2014, 03:36 PM
Knightrider I did as you suggested clearing memcache deleting cookies history etc. but it still wont work when u click on the animal the avatar walks there. grrr Thank you for responding so quickly

Your welcome. Have you tried to use the yellow hand in your extended toolbox to see if you can atleast move the animal to a better spot, it might be that the spot is a bad data spot. Otherwise the only other thing I can think of is to have a mod clear your farm data and I believe on that cleaning you can't have any layering on any of your farms, I don't know if you layer or not, I just wanted to mention that.

Qivis
Jan 16 2014, 06:13 PM
To those who are upset about employees being able to use your tools because you have invested a lot of FC in them and they have not.

How about looking at it this way....now your investment of FC is worth even more because you are not the ONLY player who can use them!

It is like purchasing a snow blower and doing your own driveway, or letting your neighbor borrow it so THEY can do your driveway!

What Terry said!

Qivis
Jan 16 2014, 06:20 PM
I totally agree Taz

Me three! :D

theperfectnina
Jan 17 2014, 03:37 AM

What a BRILLIANT idea:)

bluehair
Jan 17 2014, 03:40 AM

agree at first I wasnt happy about other workers being able to use my tools but now I used it to my advantag now I dont have to find a worker with tools I can basicaly employ anyone :)

SeniorCornwall
Jan 18 2014, 09:40 AM
Have others noticed that the white background screen and the exclamation point in the middle seem to be appearing more often than before. Seems to pop up when changing farms or loading farms (either mine or other players). Solution is to refresh or click home and come back.... some load after - others not. ?Usually always can eventually load my farms (sometimes need to exit and come back a few times)

SeaJay
Jan 18 2014, 09:48 AM
Help!! I'm seriously glitchy all of a sudden. (For the last two days. I gave it a day to see if it would correct itself) I have watched everyone complain about all the problems they are having and have thanked my lucky stars that none of the issues mentioned was affecting me.

But now everything I try to do on the game is off kilter. In my two columned lists (storage, store, facility manager...etc), if I point to something in the left column the right column lights up. If I point to the right column, the left column highlights. When I try to go to market or grab a tool or ANYTHING at all it lags or waits for me to make another move before it performs the previous action.

I hired someone at the market to harvest and plow for me. I went back with him to watch him get started and to make sure he knew he could use my tools. He did one plot and disappeared. I went back to the market and there he was asking to help someone else. I PM'd him and asked why he quit and he said he was still at my farm working!!!????
He was very, very low level.....like 8. Every time we messaged back and forth he was gaining levels just doing my acorn farm.....I THINK!!! He was already up to level 17 during our conversation yet nothing is done on my farm!! VERY STRANGE INDEED.

Browsing history cleared, meme cache done, checked chrome and adobe versions, both are the most recent. WHAT NEXT? TAZ HELP

Taz D
Jan 18 2014, 10:21 AM
Help!! I'm seriously glitchy all of a sudden. (For the last two days. I gave it a day to see if it would correct itself) I have watched everyone complain about all the problems they are having and have thanked my lucky stars that none of the issues mentioned was affecting me.

But now everything I try to do on the game is off kilter. In my two columned lists (storage, store, facility manager...etc), if I point to something in the left column the right column lights up. If I point to the right column, the left column highlights. When I try to go to market or grab a tool or ANYTHING at all it lags or waits for me to make another move before it performs the previous action.

I hired someone at the market to harvest and plow for me. I went back with him to watch him get started and to make sure he knew he could use my tools. He did one plot and disappeared. I went back to the market and there he was asking to help someone else. I PM'd him and asked why he quit and he said he was still at my farm working!!!????
He was very, very low level.....like 8. Every time we messaged back and forth he was gaining levels just doing my acorn farm.....I THINK!!! He was already up to level 17 during our conversation yet nothing is done on my farm!! VERY STRANGE INDEED.

Browsing history cleared, meme cache done, checked chrome and adobe versions, both are the most recent. WHAT NEXT? TAZ HELP
Wow! I am not sure what is going on there.
Check your date and time and make sure they are right. Shutdown and restart your computer to clear all your memory. Restart your router. If your mouse is wireless tryreplacing the battery. Try another browser and see if the lag is still there.

Dutch85
Jan 18 2014, 11:33 AM

I'm having the same issues with pointing to something and it won't highlight till I move my cursor. I'm having trouble going from farm to farm because the farm NEXT to the one I want gets highlighted. This started on the day of the last update. I have been waiting and hoping it would fix itself. I cleared everything there is to clear and restarted my router and still happens. I don't have so much trouble with IE, but in Chrome it's bad. The other day I installed updates for Chrome and that didn't help either.

SeaJay
Jan 18 2014, 12:38 PM
Wow! I am not sure what is going on there.
Check your date and time and make sure they are right. Shutdown and restart your computer to clear all your memory. Restart your router. If your mouse is wireless tryreplacing the battery. Try another browser and see if the lag is still there.

Well!! IE works just fine, but I haven't used it in so long I forgot how!! Nothing is stored on my IE. I had to remember all my passwords and find FB and everything. lol. (Spoiled by Chrome) I wonder why Chrome would start messing up now? I surely hope it clears itself up. I would much rather use Chrome.

Thanks Taz

Liberal Annie
Jan 18 2014, 09:48 PM
I was wondering if there was some way to get rid of the eye when working other's farms. I don't like the "shadows" and bright spots it leaves. I have tried it on all 3 settings and still get them.

I really like the option that others can use my tools.

Taz D
Jan 18 2014, 09:53 PM
I was wondering if there was some way to get rid of the eye when working other's farms. I don't like the "shadows" and bright spots it leaves. I have tried it on all 3 settings and still get them.

I really like the option that others can use my tools.
The eye is the same as the Dim Out in your preferences. One of the settings is off which would be exactly as the dim out unchecked in the preferences. The other two are dim and hidden and correspond to those in the preferences.

tine50
Jan 19 2014, 06:37 AM

there is a pics showened in facilitys manager maybe you need to try that

chrisluvsanimals
Jan 19 2014, 12:19 PM
auntsusie59

Just an idea, but have you tried going into your Preferences and UN-checking the "Freeze Animals" and then refreshing your farm? Sometimes those animals get on a point that just isn't right for whatever reason and by letting them move on their own, they can go somewhere else. Then maybe you'd be able to do what you're wanting to do

Hope it works for you

Sandy Mae
Jan 19 2014, 01:22 PM
Thanks guys for the new changes.

TerriFlynn
Jan 19 2014, 04:01 PM
Issues galore! Timing out, planting and refreshing to come back and find nothing planted. Accepting 100 gifts and going to gift box and only 1 there. Sending gifts and then when accepting gift from person I just sent to in my sending gifts, it says to send a gift back Switching between farms is taking forever again. Please put it back the way it was, it was working so nicely. And yes, I have done everything, tried it on several different computers and browsers. It is clearly the game. FYI, I am on WF36

Taz D
Jan 19 2014, 04:14 PM
Issues galore! Timing out, planting and refreshing to come back and find nothing planted. Accepting 100 gifts and going to gift box and only 1 there. Sending gifts and then when accepting gift from person I just sent to in my sending gifts, it says to send a gift back Switching between farms is taking forever again. Please put it back the way it was, it was working so nicely. And yes, I have done everything, tried it on several different computers and browsers. It is clearly the game. FYI, I am on WF36
Try all the suggestions in the first post of the following thread:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393882
If you are still having problems please post a reply there.

beverduster
Jan 20 2014, 01:09 PM
I just want to be able to boost my train, hasn't worked right in over a month, I suppose im the only 1 having this problem

Taz D
Jan 20 2014, 01:42 PM
I just want to be able to boost my train, hasn't worked right in over a month, I suppose im the only 1 having this problem
That depends on exactly what you are getting. What happens when you try to boost your train?

FrankDieter
Jan 20 2014, 04:05 PM
- since the new Release, I've always offered hirees the option of using my super duper fast combi turbo tools.
Some have declined, and mainly cos they don't have enough fuel to use them.
The last time I did a fuel top-up I got 8.5 million gallons, so I have more then plenty to spare; it would be good if Slashkey gave those hirers like me the option to donate fuel as well.
Why?
Simple, it gives those newbie/hirees more incentive to work other farms properly, and I don't mind taking a hit on the fuel or the use of my tools to get others to work my farms.
A win-win for all concerned.....

:)

KnightRider
Jan 20 2014, 04:54 PM
- since the new Release, I've always offered hirees the option of using my super duper fast combi turbo tools.
Some have declined, and mainly cos they don't have enough fuel to use them.
The last time I did a fuel top-up I got 8.5 million gallons, so I have more then plenty to spare; it would be good if Slashkey gave those hirers like me the option to donate fuel as well.
Why?
Simple, it gives those newbie/hirees more incentive to work other farms properly, and I don't mind taking a hit on the fuel or the use of my tools to get others to work my farms.
A win-win for all concerned.....

It would be best if you put your suggestion in the suggestion section so the developers can see your suggestion, you can't start a new thread, this way they can keep the suggestion section easier to read, but you can put it in the thread that is closest to what you are suggesting and if you don't see one that is close, you can put it in the thread My idea doesn't have a thread.

Rugged Barbie
Jan 20 2014, 06:05 PM
To those who are upset about employees being able to use your tools because you have invested a lot of FC in them and they have not. How about looking at it this way....now your investment of FC is worth even more because you are not the ONLY player who can use them!

Terry You Are Too Cute!
Love the Marketplace Cries now . . .
"Hire me I have Fuel and will use YOUR Tools"

When at the market to hire I cry:
"Who has fuel and knows how to find my x10 tools"

I spent 10 minutes yesterday with a newbie teaching them how to find my combine as it was a multi-hire and the combine wasn't in the box where the gift box is usually located. She was so pleased when she got it all sorted out.

FarmerWitch
Jan 21 2014, 01:38 AM
Many owners of FC tools feel that it is unfair that workers can use their tools. The introduction of the choice of whether to allow this was a great addition to the game, but perhaps making it worth the hiring farmer's while by increasing the yield of crops to the hiring farmer (not the worker) would be a good incentive to allow others to use the FC tools

For example - the addition of piggy poo to the growing crops doubles the yield, allowing workers to use the FC tools could double it again?

... what about not only doubling the yield of the crops, it could also double the output of the factories for (say) 12 hours?

Farmer_Susan
Jan 22 2014, 04:11 PM
I was just getting ready to buy the Herding Robot and I see it only works with some animals? Which ones? Everything but the FC ones? I had planned to use it with llamas - ok there? I don't want to pay that much and then not be able to use it.

Petuniaflower
Jan 22 2014, 05:19 PM

In case you still can't boost your train.Idea here.Since I believe the Dec release,when unloading and restocking the train. Use to,when I went back to boost it it showed boost. Now I have to click the train again before boost shows.

marymarcel
Jan 22 2014, 05:32 PM
I was just getting ready to buy the Herding Robot and I see it only works with some animals? Which ones? Everything but the FC ones? I had planned to use it with llamas - ok there? I don't want to pay that much and then not be able to use it.

Hi Susan! the robot allows you to add animals to their buildings in bulk from the farm, but it is not working for Farm Cash animals yet.:)

casunderman
Jan 22 2014, 05:58 PM
I think the enabling of our neighbors/etc. getting to use our tools is a GREAT feature! I don't understand why some people think it is
otherwise. There is no doubt that it is a WIN/WIN situation. The explanation about the fertilizing of ones crops, was a great explanation! Please don't change this. This is the only game I play and have been enjoying it since 2009! Love the addiction!

Carol

dnana
Jan 22 2014, 07:23 PM
Hi, this just started happening tonight. A neighbor and I meet every night and do each others work. I use a program that helps me keep track of harvests, and I also write stuff down on a white board on the desk so I know exactly which farms are ready and what I'm hiring for on each farm.

Tonite I hired my friend for 1-2-3-4-10-11-17-19-20 but only 1-2-3-4 and 10 showed up in blue, the others were dark green. We had this problem a long time ago, way before the last update, so she knew to work any dark green ones, too.

We both clean caches on a regular basis and I had just done it before I hired her because I posted facs and it goes much faster if caches are clean.

Just reporting it to see if anyone else is seeing this. Thanks!

Qivis
Jan 23 2014, 12:38 PM
Hi, this just started happening tonight. A neighbor and I meet every night and do each others work. I use a program that helps me keep track of harvests, and I also write stuff down on a white board on the desk so I know exactly which farms are ready and what I'm hiring for on each farm.

Tonite I hired my friend for 1-2-3-4-10-11-17-19-20 but only 1-2-3-4 and 10 showed up in blue, the others were dark green. We had this problem a long time ago, way before the last update, so she knew to work any dark green ones, too.

We both clean caches on a regular basis and I had just done it before I hired her because I posted facs and it goes much faster if caches are clean.

Just reporting it to see if anyone else is seeing this. Thanks!

Ya. And the developers have known about the problems for some time. They tried to fix it shortly after the December update, but it seems it's back again.:(

Liberal Annie
Jan 23 2014, 08:59 PM
I've said this before, but want to say it again. I really like the fact that workers can use our tools. If some people don't like it, they can "uncheck" the box that allows this to happen.

But, I really dislike the "Eye". Is there any way to get rid of it entirely?

Rugged Barbie
Jan 23 2014, 09:20 PM
Edited But, I really dislike the "Eye". Is there any way to get rid of it entirely?

Are you saying that the eye is graphically displeasing, or that the image is repulsive (a follow through of the closed eye used in the tool box to HIDE items) or that it gives some the feeling it's hexing us or that you don't want your workers to be able to hide things they're not working on?

Eradani
Jan 23 2014, 09:42 PM
my daughter came over tonight to show me something cause i didn't believe it. she worked the market and got hired by a couple low lvls like her so did the 3x3 harvest, 3x3 plow. she also got hired for 15 or more farms by people well over 500 (one had 50 million xp) and they wouldn't let her use any tools of theirs.

she's just started and clicked on a wrong thing so wasted some FC and is struggling to buy some tools. i can't believe people wouldn't let her use theirs.

she suggested that people who purposefully (the only way) uncheck the box to let workers use their tools shouldn't be able to use their tools if they work on someone else's farm.

i do feel i must mention there were a couple people (mid level - low 500s) that did let her use their tools and she thanked them.

Texas Belle
Jan 23 2014, 10:17 PM
Is it time to close this thread yet? Seems to me it is… just wishful thinking… maybe?

maggiel29
Jan 24 2014, 06:04 AM
Are you saying that the eye is graphically displeasing, or that the image is repulsive (a follow through of the closed eye used in the tool box to HIDE items) or that it gives some the feeling it's hexing us or that you don't want your workers to be able to hide things they're not working on?

I dont like the eye either - its weird - spooky - I like the function of it fine but its creepy.

StoneFace
Jan 24 2014, 06:10 AM
my daughter came over tonight to show me something cause i didn't believe it. she worked the market and got hired by a couple low lvls like her so did the 3x3 harvest, 3x3 plow. she also got hired for 15 or more farms by people well over 500 (one had 50 million xp) and they wouldn't let her use any tools of theirs.

she's just started and clicked on a wrong thing so wasted some FC and is struggling to buy some tools. i can't believe people wouldn't let her use theirs.

she suggested that people who purposefully (the only way) uncheck the box to let workers use their tools shouldn't be able to use their tools if they work on someone else's farm.

i do feel i must mention there were a couple people (mid level - low 500s) that did let her use their tools and she thanked them

I used to do all my own h/p... but now I hire and share... and enjoy it!!!

I really don't need the extra bonus (have 100k to 500k of all the crops in storage).... it is just fun to find a lower level who can now accumulate some coin and levels.

Currently I have about 400,000 acorn squash growing and when I hire, it will be a low level... for one small farm (while I visit theirs to affirm their level)

They should make a tidy sum from that day working with my 10x

beverduster
Jan 24 2014, 08:05 AM
i don't see nothing wrong with sharing, just the way I was raised up

rocker grrrrrl
Jan 24 2014, 08:48 AM
I am noticing that the cost for certain items in the store has been reduced, along with the XP for said item. I mentioned this in a new thread in the help & support section, so if that needs to be closed or deleted, I apologize in advance.

peekachoo
Jan 24 2014, 09:17 AM
I'm not here to complain, just making you aware....it's been awfully slow loading the facility manager today, and doing the general chores on the farm !

And yes, I've cleared the memcache etc. :)

Does this mean the Devs are working on the game ? * She said hopefully waiting for next update *.

marymarcel
Jan 24 2014, 09:29 AM
I'm not here to complain, just making you aware....it's been awfully slow loading the facility manager today, and doing the general chores on the farm !

And yes, I've cleared the memcache etc. :)

Does this mean the Devs are working on the game ? * She said hopefully waiting for next update *.

Hi peekachoo! Raul has posted in the new release the following,

COPIED

Post Release Updates - Jan 24th, 12:10AM EST

- We released a group of changes mainly affecting new users, still if you notice any issues please report it on this thread. More details will be posted on the next release.

peekachoo
Jan 24 2014, 09:42 AM
Hi peekachoo! Raul has posted in the new release the following,

COPIED

- We released a group of changes mainly affecting new users, still if you notice any issues please report it on this thread. More details will be posted on the next release.

Would you believe it, the one day that I don't read the first message and there's the message, lol.

Thank you Mary, I'm far from a new user, but I guess there may be some effects filtering through to others. I'll hope for a speedier day tomorrow !

perryalexander
Jan 24 2014, 10:47 AM
I bought some super llamas was unable to move them with the new herding tool. How does it work? Or does it only work with animals you buy with the cattle car?

.. "Herding Robot (FC): This is a new tool to move animals from the farm to their buildings in bulk"

marymarcel
Jan 24 2014, 10:53 AM
I bought some super llamas was unable to move them with the new herding tool. How does it work? Or does it only work with animals you buy with the cattle car?

.. "Herding Robot (FC): This is a new tool to move animals from the farm to their buildings in bulk"

Hi! the robot cant move Farm Cash animals yet.

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/1511238_10202060794433413_708609922_n.jpg

earlgray
Jan 24 2014, 11:38 AM
"Bug showing numbers > 100% in Facility Manager fixed" - I thought it was great when the number went over 100% Too bad you felt compelled to "fix" it.

I just worked on a neighbor's farm and was surprised, and dismayed, to see that I couldn't use my own mobile sprinkler to water flowers. Is this some recent change that I missed (and if so, why?), or a bug?

marymarcel
Jan 24 2014, 11:48 AM
"Bug showing numbers > 100% in Facility Manager fixed" - I thought it was great when the number went over 100% Too bad you felt compelled to "fix" it.

I just worked on a neighbor's farm and was surprised, and dismayed, to see that I couldn't use my own mobile sprinkler to water flowers. Is this some recent change that I missed (and if so, why?), or a bug?

Hi! you can read about this problem in the following link and post the information required there.:)

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5765574#post5765574

chrisluvsanimals
Jan 24 2014, 02:44 PM

It seems to me that expecting new users to notice issues when you don't specify what they're supposed to look for is counter-productive.

Did notice the changes in some prices/XP in the store, but I doubt if a new user would notice the differences

Taz D
Jan 24 2014, 02:49 PM

It seems to me that expecting new users to notice issues when you don't specify what they're supposed to look for is counter-productive.

Did notice the changes in some prices/XP in the store, but I doubt if a new user would notice the differences
It may be too that the required level for those items was lowered. That new users would notice. The only thing Raul is looking for though is whether there are any adverse issues because of the changes they made.

Texas Belle
Jan 24 2014, 07:06 PM
Isn't it time to closes this thread? Waiting, waiting, waiting for new things and explanations….

Taz D
Jan 24 2014, 07:11 PM
Isn't it time to closes this thread? Waiting, waiting, waiting for new things and explanations….
It has only been just over 2 weeks...:D In a hurry?

rocker grrrrrl
Jan 24 2014, 09:41 PM

I am waiting for new explanations too!

dave1949
Jan 25 2014, 12:38 PM
before the next update, pls sort issue with game crashing during/ after loading facilties, its not playable at moment. cache cleared

zippity
Jan 25 2014, 01:01 PM
is anyone else having issues when hiring letting your employees using tools? I just hired someone from the market place she is level 195 and the game is not letting her use my tools she says she is getting "you must have tools in storage" message. And yes i have the box checked as i always let people use my tools

Texas Belle
Jan 25 2014, 01:13 PM
It has only been just over 2 weeks...:D In a hurry?

Yes, the game has been so slow the last two days that I know something is brewing, unless they are trying to fix the thing about the tools, but it doesn't seem like it is that, even the avatar has not been jumping and doing her thing fast enough like it was before.. so something is going on!!

Retrophyt
Jan 25 2014, 02:04 PM
I agree about the eye. I thought the "dimmer" switch in the options worked just fine. The eye doesn't always stay in the position you put it in.

Taz D
Jan 25 2014, 02:05 PM
is anyone else having issues when hiring letting your employees using tools? I just hired someone from the market place she is level 195 and the game is not letting her use my tools she says she is getting "you must have tools in storage" message. And yes i have the box checked as i always let people use my tools
Did you hire for a single job or for harvest/plow and you have the combine? If so they would find the tool in place of the Gift Box. Also, she must have fuel to use your tools.

susie_q_az
Jan 25 2014, 02:38 PM
Raul...can you play Farm Town on a tablet? If so, what would be the requirements needed???

zippity
Jan 25 2014, 02:39 PM
i hired for h/p and yes i have all tools and she had fuel and she knew where to look for the tools as she was getting the message she had to have the tools in her storage to use

maclean47
Jan 25 2014, 02:49 PM
When Farm 21 coming?

KnightRider
Jan 25 2014, 03:08 PM
When Farm 21 coming?

Only the developers knows and they haven't told anyone if and/or when it will be added.

KnightRider
Jan 25 2014, 03:17 PM
Raul...can you play Farm Town on a tablet? If so, what would be the requirements needed???

I don't think you can, but the only thing you can try is to get to your Facebook account and see if it will load and play Farm Town. I have tried to search the internet and I have found different answers some say yes and some say no.

anglnwhite
Jan 25 2014, 04:07 PM

Susie, I'm not Raul :), but I have some experience with that ...

Adobe flash player is required to play FarmTown and there are very few newer, dedicated tablets and smart phones that support it. When I was in the market for a tablet, FarmTown was a big consideration. One of my friends has an Ipad that is a few years old and she is able to access and view FarmTown, but the play is very limited. The same for my older Android smart phone. My Kindle Fire HD is not Flash compatible.

Bottom line, if your tablet supports Adobe Flash then you should be able to access FarmTown but the play is difficult without a mouse.

Bonnie Jo
Jan 25 2014, 05:30 PM
I'm not Raul either but I can play FT on my Android Tablet using the Puffin Browser. I don't use it to do farming, but have used it for facility loading and for working other farmers' facilities.

Taz D
Jan 25 2014, 05:46 PM
To add to what the others have said, Adobe discontinued their support of tablet versions of Flash. Additionally Slashkey does not support Farm Town on a tablet either.

madamx
Jan 25 2014, 11:09 PM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Jan 24th, 12:10AM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. Cloud and Mist decorations: 4 in coins and 3 in FC, all in the Farm Decors category in the Store, here is the list: Cloud, Big Cloud, Dark Cloud, Storm Cloud, Mist, Big Mist and Sunny Cloud.

2. 10 New Flags: Philippines, India, Ecuador, Bahamas, Greece, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Turkey.

3. 36 x 36 Farm Expansions for farms 16 - 20: 40 FarmCash OR

Farm 16 Expansion: 25,000,000,000
Farm 17 Expansion: 25,000,000,000
Farm 18 Expansion: 25,000,000,000
Farm 19 Expansion: 25,000,000,000
Farm 20 Expansion: 20,000,000,000

4. Dan 7 for Trees: As mentioned in the previous release, you will have to be at level 200 or higher to have the option to reach Dan 7. Dans 1 to 6 are accessible at level 100, instead of 150.

5. More tools availability when working for others: You are now able to use your coin tools to work on other farms, ex: Tree Shaker 3x3, Boat 2x2, Harvester 3x3, etc.

Also, you will be able to use any of the tools owned by your employer. Right now there is no quick way to determine if your employer owns a particular tool, you will have to click on it and you will see a message box if the tool is not owned by the employer. In future releases we will show only the tools available for use, owned by you or your employer. The fuel will come from the employee always.

6. Dimming non-relevant items defaulted for all users when hired: In an effort to improve the quality of the work performed by workers we decided to make this feature enabled by default when hired. You will see a new Eye icon on the right bottom corner, clicking that Eye will cycle through the 3 possible visibility modes for non-relevant items: dim, on and off.

The option in the Preference Windows will still be there for you when working your own farms only.

We are still deciding some alternatives to make the behavior similar on both cases, hired or not, so this area will likely change in the future. We welcome any feedback.

7. Farm Selector changes when hired: About 3 weeks ago we fixed some transparency issues in the Farm Selector so it always highlights correctly the farms that you were hired to work on.

Today we also changed the colors to be more noticeably. From now on, the farms that you were hired to work on will be in blue, once you visit those farms they will be regular green without transparency, so even after you have finished all the work you still know which are the farms you were hired for in case you want to revisit any of them for some reason.

8. Improvements to the Chest Bonus when hired:

a) Detailed explanation when employee can't claim the bonus, showing exactly what type of work is missing and on which items
b) A Warning when employee tries to leave a farm with all work or partial work completed to avoid losing the bonus
c) No more expired messages

9. Herding Robot (FC): This is a new tool to move animals from the farm to their buildings in bulk.

10. Less issues with 'Start All' in Facility Manager: Users with many facilities were sometimes experiencing these issues, they should now be solved or minimized considerably:

a) The "Savings Facility" message was disappearing before the operation completed
b) Timeouts aborting the current operation
c) The "Processing Earned Bonuses" phase is now significantly faster

11. Other Improvements and bug fixes:

a) Removed the 2-4 seconds delay when selecting the Harvest Tool in large farms
b) Harvesting animal buildings in Facility Manager will not show Message Box info windows anymore, if the amount of products is too big we will only show a condensed fading message with the total combined amount

12. Travel Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Travel Supplies.

Luggage Lock
ID Tag
Camera Bag
Sleep Mask
Bag Strap
Umbrella
Luggage Scale
Hard Shell Suitcase

13. Linen Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Linen Supplies.

Mattress Protector
Pillowcase
Comforter
Quilt
Bolster
Sleeping Pillow
Bathrobe
Shower Curtain
Kitchen Towels

New Products in other facilities: Polyester Textile Roll in the Textile and Spinning Mill.

14. Travel and Luggage Store (FC): Provides Travel and Luggage Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Travel Supplies Factory.

15. Household Linens Store (Coins): Provides Household Linens Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Linen Supplies Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - Jan 08th, 3:00PM EST

- We will add soon a check box somewhere for the employer to disable the capability of the employee to use employers tools

Post Release Updates - Jan 10th, 5:25AM EST

- There are check boxes in the Multihire Window and the Farm Selector Window (when hiring for single job) where you can indicate that you want to share or not your tools with your employees
- When hired for a single job, the best (bigger) tool is shown in the main UI panel (gift box icon spot, etc) if the employer owns it
- Users trying to move animals using the Herding Robot to over capacity buildings were getting weird numbers and had to reload the browser, this is now fixed.
- Remove fuel requirement for all 2 x 1 tools, this will allow new users to start using those tools sooner when hired without the fuel requirement
- The Freight Train Sliding Car now delivers Polyester Textiles Rolls

Post Release Updates - Jan 13th, 2:00PM EST

Post Release Updates - Jan 15th, 7:10PM EST

- Frozen flowers should not interfere anymore to collect the Chest Bonus when hired

Known Issues:

- None

How about doing something about the game feeds problem. Still not getting any game feeds. Thanks

KnightRider
Jan 25 2014, 11:21 PM
How about doing something about the game feeds problem. Still not getting any game feeds. Thanks

There is nothing Slashkey can do about the game feeds problem, it is controlled by Facebook and they are the ones that has to fix the game feeds.

rgdollmom54
Jan 26 2014, 10:07 AM
question...some of the clouds are FC. Do they 'do' anything to make it worth buying? They look like the rest really. What would be so cool now is to have the FC clouds produce rain or lightning bolts. love the clouds, just want to know the distinction, thanks

Taz D
Jan 26 2014, 10:48 AM
question...some of the clouds are FC. Do they 'do' anything to make it worth buying? They look like the rest really. What would be so cool now is to have the FC clouds produce rain or lightning bolts. love the clouds, just want to know the distinction, thanks
No, they are all just decorations.

JW2009
Jan 26 2014, 05:24 PM
Hi, I have a question, can you actually buy duplicate tools that cost fc at first, then it's coins the other times you buy it, or does it cost fc everytime ?https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1743525_591524444275200_156907657_n.jpg

Taz D
Jan 26 2014, 05:25 PM
Hi, I have a question, can you actually buy duplicate tools that cost fc at first, then it's coins the other times you buy it, or does it cost fc everytime ?https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1743525_591524444275200_156907657_n.jpg
Yes the second one is for coins. That was to prevent using FC for a second one and then wanting a refund for accidently buying a second one.

JW2009
Jan 26 2014, 05:31 PM
Thank you, I just tried it :)Yes the second one is for coins. That was to prevent using FC for a second one and then wanting a refund for accidently buying a second one.

Scarlet
Jan 26 2014, 05:47 PM
Why did the prices for the silo suddenly change? Really it seems a very odd adjustment... I found silos great for converting cash to XPs. Ah well... :(

Taz D
Jan 26 2014, 05:59 PM
Why did the prices for the silo suddenly change? Really it seems a very odd adjustment... I found silos great for converting cash to XPs. Ah well... :(
Apparently the developers change some of the prices and levels required for a lot of the coin decorations to help the newer players. Raul stated in the release notes that they had made several changes, but no information on what was changed until the next release.

Rob T
Jan 27 2014, 06:23 AM
Hi,

Please may i remind everyone that this thread is for the new release only, please keep on track. thankyou.

Jean's Farm
Jan 27 2014, 07:46 AM
I'm still having a problem with the facilities showing 100% after loading them. I have to leave the manager and come back for them to show %. :(

max_river
Jan 27 2014, 04:23 PM
i think it is time to close this thread

HelenJS22
Jan 27 2014, 05:32 PM

There is a difference. The 'sunny cloud' that is for sale for Farm Cash has beams of sunshine all around streaming onto the farm. You don't notice it until you actually place it on your farm. I don't normally spend my farm cash on something that is basically useless, but I like my Sunny cloud :D

Petuniaflower
Jan 27 2014, 05:43 PM
There is a difference. The 'sunny cloud' that is for sale for Farm Cash has beams of sunshine all around streaming onto the farm. You don't notice it until you actually place it on your farm. I don't normally spend my farm cash on something that is basically useless, but I like my Sunny cloud :D

The sunny cloud is indeed the prettiest.The mist one,main problem(unless you are rich)Is (me) I could only mist a small area. The dark clouds needs to be toned down a bit (for me)

StoneFace
Jan 27 2014, 06:44 PM
The sunny cloud is indeed the prettiest.The mist one,main problem(unless you are rich)Is (me) I could only mist a small area. The dark clouds needs to be toned down a bit (for me)

I put a dark cloud over my funeral home.:eek:

Petuniaflower
Jan 27 2014, 06:59 PM

:DLOL my brother in law said over a smoke stack of a refinery

KnightRider
Jan 27 2014, 07:24 PM
Raul posted more notes in the New Release:

Post Release Updates - Jan 27th, 8:00PM EST

- More changes for new users
- All players should now be able to use the mobile sprinkler again when visiting neighbours

FarmerWitch
Jan 27 2014, 11:30 PM
I wonder why the Devs are making changes so late ... they may as well keep them for the next update?

Tom C
Jan 27 2014, 11:34 PM
When I use to click on the go home icon it would ask me if I wanted to go home or not now it just takes me home.

Taz D
Jan 28 2014, 12:15 AM
When I use to click on the go home icon it would ask me if I wanted to go home or not now it just takes me home.
One less click to have to do. That changed when they changed the Go Home to the House.

rocker grrrrrl
Jan 28 2014, 07:45 AM
LOL I am wondering if the changes for new users might be the 25 FC purchase restriction or 6 months of playing has been lifted for them to be able to send FC to someone. ;)

knolan
Jan 28 2014, 08:29 AM
That is so crazy for anyone to not allow their hired help to use their tools. Why in the world would they intentionally try to make it more difficult for someone to work on their farms? I am VERY happy that new feature is allowed. I try to help anyone at a lower level to try to advance & level up as quickly as they can so they can enjoy the game, without frustration. For anyone who doesn't allow their hired help to use their tools, SHAME ON U!!! If U don't want anyone else using your tools, don't hire anyone to help & work your farm yourself !!!

KnightRider
Jan 28 2014, 10:32 AM
LOL I am wondering if the changes for new users might be the 25 FC purchase restriction or 6 months of playing has been lifted for them to be able to send FC to someone. ;)

I doubt if that was one of the changes, they put that change in place a few releases ago to help stop fake accounts, so that is one rule that I can't see them changing, if they lifted those restrictions for the new people then the fake accounts would be created again. I can't see someone that has been playing on a real account less than 6 months having enough FC that they can send FC to a neighbor and still have FC to purchase items for their farm, unless they was only making the FC to send and not planning on using it for that farm.

Texas Belle
Jan 28 2014, 05:19 PM

LOL, only you would think of that…. but it's a good idea..

Isn't it time to close this thread?????

KnightRider
Jan 28 2014, 05:27 PM
LOL, only you would think of that…. but it's a good idea..

Isn't it time to close this thread?????

Today is the end 3rd week. There could be 1 around more week.

beverduster
Jan 28 2014, 08:55 PM
are we getting the 21st farm?

Trining71
Jan 28 2014, 10:43 PM
thank you for the new features. i has been awhile since i played and am pleased with the changes. I hope you can help me with this. In my facility like sports complex or cinema and the similar facilities with CASH OUT. I used to be able to do cash out and i use it to increase my coins instead of selling them in the town. but during the last month, i could no longer use it. what do you think happened. I wonder what i did for this to become disabled. i hope to get a reply to solve this. Many thanks. this is the only game that i play because i like the interaction with others.

Taz D
Jan 28 2014, 10:46 PM
thank you for the new features. i has been awhile since i played and am pleased with the changes. I hope you can help me with this. In my facility like sports complex or cinema and the similar facilities with CASH OUT. I used to be able to do cash out and i use it to increase my coins instead of selling them in the town. but during the last month, i could no longer use it. what do you think happened. I wonder what i did for this to become disabled. i hope to get a reply to solve this. Many thanks. this is the only game that i play because i like the interaction with others.
It requires fuel to Cash Out. Make sure you have enough fuel to do that.

Trining71
Jan 29 2014, 01:34 AM
thank you. that helps.

max_river
Jan 29 2014, 06:45 PM
has anyone else have this issue my wife uses firefox and when she is using my tools there there is like a part of the screen is like green and follows you around and blocks your trees and flowers..

Taz D
Jan 29 2014, 09:17 PM
has anyone else have this issue my wife uses firefox and when she is using my tools there there is like a part of the screen is like green and follows you around and blocks your trees and flowers..
That could be the dim out. She can change that using the Eye in the lower right corner.

ckerider
Jan 29 2014, 10:00 PM
My husband has just recently started using farmtown again, however when he or I try to go to the market to hire each other, we cannot actually see each other. Is there some kind of rule about two people in the same household working for each others farms? We used to do it with no problems, and I don't know why we can't do it anymore. Thanks for your assistance in letting me know what is happening that we are invisible in the market place to each other:mad:

Rob T
Jan 29 2014, 10:03 PM
My husband has just recently started using farmtown again, however when he or I try to go to the market to hire each other, we cannot actually see each other. Is there some kind of rule about two people in the same household working for each others farms? We used to do it with no problems, and I don't know why we can't do it anymore. Thanks for your assistance in letting me know what is happening that we are invisible in the market place to each other:mad:

Hi, each server has it's own market. If you're on different servers from each other, you won't be in the same market place. You may have been on the same server in the past, but not anymore. There are no rules to this, just a matter of what server you end up on.

theperfectnina
Jan 29 2014, 10:08 PM

If your husband goes to say your default farm, then you both go to the inn, then you can see each other to be hired, but if you are neighbours or buddies you can't collect the bonus so I don't understand why you need to go outside your farms to hire each other? Hope this helps though

ckerider
Jan 29 2014, 10:19 PM
If your husband goes to say your default farm, then you both go to the inn, then you can see each other to be hired, but if you are neighbours or buddies you can't collect the bonus so I don't understand why you need to go outside your farms to hire each other? Hope this helps though

I want to remove him as a neighbor so he can work my farm and get the extra moola and points using my tools... that is why I want to be able to 'see' him in the market place. I haven't removed him yet because there is no point if we can't 'see' each other!

rgdollmom54
Jan 29 2014, 10:20 PM
How do you make the sun cloud 'shine'...I saw that on a farm, and I have a sun cloud but it never shines....what am I missing?

Taz D
Jan 29 2014, 10:39 PM
How do you make the sun cloud 'shine'...I saw that on a farm, and I have a sun cloud but it never shines....what am I missing?
You may be hiding the rays behind something like a mountain.

KnightRider
Jan 29 2014, 11:12 PM
I want to remove him as a neighbor so he can work my farm and get the extra moola and points using my tools... that is why I want to be able to 'see' him in the market place. I haven't removed him yet because there is no point if we can't 'see' each other!

Before you remove him as a neighbor make sure that you don't need the 15 storage spaces that you would lose because you removed him. Whether he is your neighbor or not he could still use your tools when you hire him.

Aussie Rae
Jan 30 2014, 12:52 AM

you both need to have a common neighbour...then you both visit that neighbour at the same time...then go to the INN for the hire...to enable the bonus chest...just make sure you have each removed each other as neighbour and or buddys..

Witch Hazel
Jan 30 2014, 04:04 AM
Are the clouds animated like the animals? I love the clouds! Thanks for that! Now can I has a giraffe and an elephant?

KnightRider
Jan 30 2014, 04:53 AM
Are the clouds animated like the animals? I love the clouds! Thanks for that! Now can I has a giraffe and an elephant?

Nope, the clouds aren't animated.

Rugged Barbie
Jan 30 2014, 08:41 AM
You may be based on different servers.
Try going to his/her farm then go to the market from that point. Then you will both be on the same server.

ckerider
Jan 30 2014, 09:28 AM
Thanks to all of you who helped me out regarding my hire in marketplace problem. I will try all your suggestions... I really appreciate you taking the time to help me try to figure it out!

JW2009
Jan 30 2014, 09:59 AM
Hi, Letting the employees use my tools is sometimes useless coz those hired have no fuel. I propose also having a check box to allow employees to use our fuel. This way even if the hired help has no fuel, they can still use ours with our own fuel. Thank You & Happy Farming™

KnightRider
Jan 30 2014, 10:20 AM
Hi, Letting the employees use my tools is sometimes useless coz those hired have no fuel. I propose also having a check box to allow employees to use our fuel. This way even if the hired help has no fuel, they can still use ours with our own fuel. Thank You & Happy Farming™

Once they hit level 21 then they can start purchasing Oil Pumps and make their own Crude Oil Barrel, they will have to use some FC to purchase the Oil Refinery, which if you want to use tools you will need at least 1 Oil Refinery. Level 21 isn't that hard to get to it is only 10,000 xp.

JW2009
Jan 30 2014, 10:24 AM
It doesn't matter when they can purchase fuel, some can purchase fuel, but still are low, I have millions, why not let them use it on my farms. I also don't know what levels they are at, it's too time consuming when you are looking for help, I just hire and see if they take the job offer :)Once they hit level 21 then they can start purchasing Oil Pumps and make their own Crude Oil Barrel, they will have to use some FC to purchase the Oil Refinery, which if you want to use tools you will need at least 1 Oil Refinery. Level 21 isn't that hard to get to it is only 10,000 xp.

KnightRider
Jan 30 2014, 10:35 AM
It doesn't matter when they can purchase fuel, some can purchase fuel, but still are low, I have millions, why not let them use it on my farms. I also don't know what levels they are at, it's too time consuming when you are looking for help, I just hire and see if they take the job offer :)

I doubt if that will be changed in the release it says "that the fuel will come from the employee always". They can always use their 2x1 tools and not have to worry about the fuel, I don't know if it is for all coin tools or just the lowest level tools, using their low level coin tools is better than not using any tools. It would be best if you put your suggestion in the suggestion section so the developers can see your suggestion, you can't start a new thread, this way they can keep the suggestion section easier to read, but you can put it in the thread that is closest to what you are suggesting and if you don't see one that is close, you can put it in the thread My idea doesn't have a thread.

FarmerMcLashwood
Jan 30 2014, 10:55 AM

Sorry But I DON'T agree with this!!! I have worked my way up in Ft. spent £s on this game to enable me to buy tools etc.... why the hell should I let them get the benefit of my hard work.. It seems to me that they want all the benefits for none of the work..... If Slashkey ever brought this in I for one would STOP hiring others.... I do allow them to use my big tools but if allowing others to use my fuel then I might as well do it myself.!

Liberal Annie
Jan 30 2014, 12:10 PM
I use Chrome and I also have this problem. It never showed up until they added the Eye. I have tried all the settings with the eye and still get the same results. It does appear to only happen when using other's tools. But it is very frustrating.

tengunn
Jan 30 2014, 04:03 PM
It doesn't matter when they can purchase fuel, some can purchase fuel, but still are low, I have millions, why not let them use it on my farms. I also don't know what levels they are at, it's too time consuming when you are looking for help, I just hire and see if they take the job offer :)

I would be more than happy to let employee use my fuel. I hope they will consider giving us the option. I can see how this would work for some and not for others. It helps me a lot to have someone else harvest and plow for me.

Rob T
Jan 30 2014, 04:06 PM
Hi,

As i have mentioned before, please keep this thread on track of the new release. Feedback and discussions about the use of tools and fuel is in a thread in the feedback section. http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=589594

TexasStar
Jan 30 2014, 06:07 PM
Is the new format for selecting people when sending Train Boosts part of this release or something required by Facebook? I miss the section at the top which usually included most of the people I wanted to select. The worst is there is the Selected option is no longer there. I send to a number of people and used this to verify that I got everyone. I accidentally selected someone and could not uncheck him. When I clicked on done.. that was it ... no chance to review ... just gone...

Taz D
Jan 30 2014, 06:15 PM
Is the new format for selecting people when sending Train Boosts part of this release or something required by Facebook? I miss the section at the top which usually included most of the people I wanted to select. The worst is there is the Selected option is no longer there. I send to a number of people and used this to verify that I got everyone. I accidentally selected someone and could not uncheck him. When I clicked on done.. that was it ... no chance to review ... just gone...
It is a Facebook change that effects the Train Boosts and the Gift Sending. Not everyone got those changes at the same time. Facebook tends to roll out their changes by server spaced out over a period of time rather than to everyone at once.

KnightRider
Jan 30 2014, 06:46 PM

To add to what Taz mentioned the check marking of people then sending the requests is gone with the new look, once you click on the button it is sent at that time you just click the people you want, so if you make a mistake it will send it automatically to them.

slimpat
Jan 30 2014, 08:05 PM

I find that when that happens I do the trees then turn them off and do the rest of the farm I think it is from too much trees over crops and factories over crops also Hope this helps

max_river
Jan 30 2014, 08:19 PM
I find that when that happens I do the trees then turn them off and do the rest of the farm I think it is from too much trees over crops and factories over crops also Hope this helps

thanks for the info and thanks taz..

TexasStar
Jan 30 2014, 09:45 PM
To add to what Taz mentioned the check marking of people then sending the requests is gone with the new look, once you click on the button it is sent at that time you just click the people you want, so if you make a mistake it will send it automatically to them.

Thank you Taz and KnightRider :) I suspected it was Facebook again but for some reason it helps to know for certain.

KnightRider
Jan 30 2014, 10:22 PM
Thank you Taz and KnightRider :) I suspected it was Facebook again but for some reason it helps to know for certain.

Your welcome.

RIAP27
Jan 31 2014, 08:19 AM
NEW Format??? WHAT new format? OMG that may explain it all- - -I have not seen a new format. I have not seen anything!! Just NOTHING. Click the Train Boost button-NOTHING comes up!! Same with everything else that you have to click the green button to post etc. I have complained to Facebook three times now. I have also complained to Support 3 times and got only some form response on how to find my posts on the feed which is not the problem at all. OMG PLEASE-any further insight would be MUCH appreciated![Is the new format for selecting people when sending Train Boosts part of this release or something required by Facebook? I miss the section at the top which usually included most of the people I wanted to select. The worst is there is the Selected option is no longer there. I send to a number of people and used this to verify that I got everyone. I accidentally selected someone and could not uncheck him. When I clicked on done.. that was it ... no chance to review ... just gone...

Taz D
Jan 31 2014, 08:24 AM
NEW Format??? WHAT new format? OMG that may explain it all- - -I have not seen a new format. I have not seen anything!! Just NOTHING. Click the Train Boost button-NOTHING comes up!! Same with everything else that you have to click the green button to post etc. I have complained to Facebook three times now. I have also complained to Support 3 times and got only some form response on how to find my posts on the feed which is not the problem at all. OMG PLEASE-any further insight would be MUCH appreciated![
The new format has nothing to do with your problems. It just changed the layout for selecting the people you want to send to from a 3 column box to a single column box.