PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- May 23rd, 2023

Raul
May 23 2023, 07:56 PM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last update released on June 13th, 8:40PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new update with the following features and bug fixes: En Espaņol AQUI (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662758)

1. 25 New Levels: 13 new decorations in the Motion, Furniture, Farm Decor, Buildings and Other categories in the Store.

2. 60 x 60 farm expansions for Farms 12 through 22: Prices are 60 Farm Cash or 120 billion coins.

3. Log Truck w/ Chainsaw 44 x 44: Chop up to 1936 trees at once.

4. 5 Regular Crop Tools 24 x 24: Work up to 576 non-overlapped crop fields at once. Next month we will release 28 x 28 versions, skipping the 26 x 26, for the same price.

5. More options to send Neighbour or Buddy requests to other farmers:

a) When visiting a farm, send a neighbour or buddy request to the farm owner using the blue and green silhouette icons with a plus sign located in the visitor toolbox
b) When reading an offline message, send a nieghbour or buddy request to the message sender using the blue and green silhouette icons

If the farmer is already your neighbour or buddy, the correspondent icon will be disabled. Notice that the farmer does not have to be online when you send the request, they will see your request when they go back into the game, see point 6.3 below.

6. Buddy List screen replaced by a more general Farmer Lists screen: This screen now contain information about your Neighbours, your Buddies, your Facebook Friends and the Requests you receive from other farmers to add you as a Neighbour or Buddy. You can access this screen using the old icon in the left bottom corner of your toolbox.

6.1. The My Neighbours tab is very similar to the My Buddies screen we released last month:

- The green buddy icon allows you to convert that neighbour to a buddy, that farmer will be removed from your neighbours and added to your buddies
- Neighbours that are also buddies will have a green background, you can group them all at the top if you sort by Buddy
- When the neighbour is also your buddy, you can click the green buddy icon with the red minus sign to delete that neighbour from your buddies
- You can use the note icon to send an offline message, the green man to visit the farm and the dozer to remove the neighbour

6.2. The Facebook Friends tab shows all your Facebook firends that have played the game in the past year:

- All the Facebook friends that are also your neighbours will have a blue background
- All the Facebook friends that are also your buddies will have a green background
- You can sort by Buddy or Neighbour to see all your buddies or neighbours at the top
- You can sort by the 'Non Neighbour or Buddy' option to see first all your Facebook friends that are neither your neighbours or buddies
- The green buddy icon allows you to add that Facebook friend to your Farmtown buddies
- The blue neighbour icon allows you to add that Facebook friend to your Farmtown neighbours

6.3. The Neighbour Requests tab shows all the farmers that are asking you for permission to add you to their neighbours:

- Use the blue buttons to Accept or Reject their requests
- Use the blue and green silhouette icons to add that farmer as your neighbour or buddy
- There is an equivalent Buddy Requests tab that works the same way

7. Other Minor Improvements:

Bugfix: Missing avatar picture when opening an offline message
Bugfix: Mouse wheel scrolling in offline messages screen too slow
Bugfix: Removing a neighbour which is also a Super Neighbour sometimes allowed that Super Neighbour to continue working your farms
Bugfix: Manure spreader and Irrigator farm selector screen not highlighting in orange the current tab at the top

8. Other Improvements released in the past few weeks:

- Expanded Neighbours capacity by 33%. The Buddies capacity is now 3 times as much as before. You should be able to have about 500 neighbours and buddies combined.
- Hide duplicated facility posts from the same farmer in 'My Request' -> 'Facility Wall Requests' section
- Increased the maximum amount of posts shown in 'My Requests' -> 'Wall Requests' sections from 100 to 150

9. The new Facilities will be released next month since we are still very busy finishing the new website. We are currently working on sending and receiving gifts.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - May 27th, 11:55PM

- Bugfix: Facebook Friends tab in the Farmer Lists screen showing 0 friends sometimes.

Post Release Updates - June 2nd, 1:50PM

- Bugfix: Farmers temporarily disappearing from your Buddies after sending them train boost requests.

Post Release Updates - June 3rd, 2:10PM

- Released old Fathers Day decorations.

Post Release Updates - June 5th, 2:00PM

- Bugfix: Some of the train boost requests sent from the new website were incorrectly shown as expired.

Post Release Updates - June 8th, 4:10PM

- 25 New Levels, 13 new decorations.

- 5 Regular Crop Tools 24 x 24 to work up to 576 non-overlapped crop fields at once.

Post Release Updates - June 8th, 7:30PM

- Bugfix: Shortcuts for the new 24 x 24 crop tools not working.

- Bugfix: When working facilities, sometimes the farm selector will not show the correct farm colors if the farm owner has the Farm Pass reward for non-workable facilities.

- When using the Start All / Load All buttons in the Facility Manager, there is a new line at the bottom in the popup showing when help from friends was last requested.

Post Release Updates - June 10th, 3:10AM

- Released 5 new Fathers Day decorations, 1 as gift, 1 at the top of the Fathers Day category at the store and 3 at the bottom.

Post Release Updates - June 11th, 3:15PM

- Bugfix: Broken link Account -> Farm Cash Activity Log -> View my purchase history inside all Facebook Apps

- Added picture, avatar name, real name and last activity to the Account -> Blocked Users tab

Post Release Updates - June 13th, 8:40PM

- Bugfix: Sometimes after removing yourself from another farmer neighbours or buddies you still remained her neighbour or buddy

- Bugfix: Sometimes Super Neighbours hired for design on a certain farm could not delete items on that farm

- After reporting or ignoring a farmer, you will not receive any more neighbour or buddy requests from that farmer

- If you have reported or ignored a farmer in the past, that farmer will show a new 'Unblock' icon if it's present in your Farmer Lists screen. Also, if you visit her farms, we will also show the 'Unblock' icon at the bottom left of the screen. The icon looks like a red circle with a green diagonal line inside.

- Completely removed the old 4 arrows directional icon from the game interface, replaced by the yellow hand tool

Known Issues:

- None.

Taz D
May 23 2023, 07:59 PM
Thanks Raul and team!

Denise Dianna
May 23 2023, 08:10 PM
I am looking forward to seeing what is new! Thank you Raul.

Lara
May 23 2023, 08:47 PM
thanks Raul, looking forward to the details

Farmer_Susan
May 23 2023, 09:00 PM
Cool new neighbors & buddies tools! Haven't looked beyond that. But very nice - I found some buddies who haven't played since 2010! I'll have more room for both neighbors and buddies soon.

Mister-T
May 23 2023, 09:05 PM
Also noticed the updated neighbor and buddy tools. My FB friends have all ceased playing the game or have moved up the celestial version. Likely be seeking new neighbors as well.

marymarcel
May 23 2023, 09:09 PM
Thanks a lot Raul and team! :)

Farmer_Susan
May 23 2023, 09:23 PM
Also noticed the updated neighbor and buddy tools. My FB friends have all ceased playing the game or have moved up the celestial version. Likely be seeking new neighbors as well.

"Celestial version" - yes, unfortunately, I have some of those, too. One of them was on my Buddy List. I removed her from my neighbor's list when she died but I didn't know she was also a buddy. I visited her farm and was surprised to see that all of her beautiful farms had been redone for only crops, trees and flowers. No designer farms at all. That's why I had originally friended her - her farms were so beautiful that I enjoyed looking at them. I can for sure understand why people close to her might have decided to keep her farms, but not sure why they would go to the trouble to remove everything. Nothing was planted.

Anyway - I'm just rambling. I'm still not sure what the differences between neighbors and buddies will be. Maybe we'll learn that when Raul posts the rest of this update. But for SURE I have tons of room for buddies now and still a few spots left for neighbors if anyone wants to add me.

buffaloboy
May 23 2023, 09:42 PM
hi

thanks to all for the new update
and also for working so hard to migrate the game into
the new website and this in such a short time

a big big thank you

tino

BarbLH
May 24 2023, 12:48 AM
Thanks, Raul & team. Great work! Love the web version.

Aussie Rae
May 24 2023, 04:08 AM
Game is OFFLINE again.... please remove if this is in the wrong area, thank you, :)

Rob T
May 24 2023, 04:17 AM
We are aware the chat server has gone down and have informed the developers. You are still able to work your farms, facilities, gifts and everything as normal. The only thing you can't do is chat, get hired or be hired. Everything else will still work.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this.

Thank You

Lara
May 24 2023, 04:25 AM
I was just coming to say the same as Aussie Rae, the game has gone OFFLINE again. Edit: I didn't see Rob T's response until after I posted. So thanks for the info

Aussie Rae
May 24 2023, 04:33 AM
I have found that I cannot add new friends as neighbors or buddys at the moment, even after doing the memcache ( both versions for both games/web and fb) its late now so I am off to bed and will check in the morning.. farming can wait til then, lol

Alexandra_J
May 24 2023, 04:45 AM
Game is offline again.

Loving the new update though and thanks for listening about the May 24 date instead of 5/24 in the farmer list. It will help :)

Early Girl
May 24 2023, 05:55 AM
I want to thank the devs and all the team for everything they have done with the game. Especially in the last 12 hours - it's amazing! You have created a social media platform for Farmers! I knew it was coming, but never imagined we would get so much, so quickly. THANK YOU!

Tiger
May 24 2023, 06:27 AM
We are back online folks, thank you for your patience!

Please Reload the game to go back online!

bjyhey3
May 24 2023, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the new update, can't wait to see...always exciting. Also, thank you for all the hard work you and your team do to get this game into the new website. Always appreciate all you do

Palmarina
May 24 2023, 09:41 AM
Hi, thanks for the update!
I explored the new neighbour/buddy tool and saw that a new buddy, who was online, showed Jan 1 1970 as date. I'll ad a print screen. All the other buddies showed the correct year 2023.

Taz D
May 24 2023, 09:45 AM
Hi, thanks for the update!
I explored the new neighbour/buddy tool and saw that a new buddy, who was online, showed Jan 1 1970 as date. I'll ad a print screen. All the other buddies showed the correct year 2023.
Hi Palmarina,
Try reloading the game first and see if that corrects it

If it doesn't then please send this to Support as we have no way through the forums of checking these.

Palmarina
May 24 2023, 10:07 AM
Hi Taz, I cleared memcache, browse history and macromedia files and restarted the game. Now the date is correct! Thanks for your advice!

Hi Palmarina,
Try reloading the game first and see if that corrects it

If it doesn't then please send this to Support as we have no way through the forums of checking these.

lynnetimpeiro@msn.com
May 24 2023, 01:36 PM
I believe I found it and LOVE it!! Many, many THANKS to everyone!! WOO HOO!!

Bratuski
May 24 2023, 02:47 PM
Thanks Raul,
Hope you have some new levels for us oldtimers.

Charlie Manylayers
May 24 2023, 07:52 PM
Love the updates, thank you Raul and entire team.
I have accepted new buddies that were indicate as incoming request, chaned neighbors to buddies and vise-versa. Also added neihjbors and buddies from griends farms and expanded a farm 15 to 60X60. That all wprks as it should.

Only problem I found was with my farm account that has over 2,000 active facebookfarmtown friends and neighbors that arecurrent farmtowb players as per the pld 'My Neighbors' information. In teh New Neighbors/Buddies, Neighbois and Biddies are listed properly. The Facebook Friends List, only has the message 'You hane 0 facebook friends...'., even though most all existing Neighbors and Friends are existing facebook friends and there are none displayed.

I have cleared mem-cache, rebooted, tried a different browser and retried hours later with no improvement.
USER ID number is: 127828495690108

Thank you.

Taz D
May 24 2023, 08:10 PM
Love the updates, thank you Raul and entire team.
I have accepted new buddies that were indicate as incoming request, chaned neighbors to buddies and vise-versa. Also added neihjbors and buddies from griends farms and expanded a farm 15 to 60X60. That all wprks as it should.

Only problem I found was with my farm account that has over 2,000 active facebookfarmtown friends and neighbors that arecurrent farmtowb players as per the pld 'My Neighbors' information. In teh New Neighbors/Buddies, Neighbois and Biddies are listed properly. The Facebook Friends List, only has the message 'You hane 0 facebook friends...'., even though most all existing Neighbors and Friends are existing facebook friends and there are none displayed.

I have cleared mem-cache, rebooted, tried a different browser and retried hours later with no improvement.
USER ID number is: 127828495690108

Thank you.
Hi Charlie Manylayers,
We have reported this to the developers as we have a couple of mods with the same 0 friends listed. It all depends on how many they can get from your Facebook friends list and if they have played in the last year.

Charlie Manylayers
May 24 2023, 08:35 PM
Thanks TAAZ for the quick reply. I realize I will not be able to gave them al as my Neighbor or Buddies, but many of them already have me as a Neighbor fopr a king tine. I realize thus may take a while to fix..

GRB
May 25 2023, 12:55 AM
Did I miss the details of the new release? Can't seem to find them anywhere

Alexandra_J
May 25 2023, 05:18 AM
Added a new facebook friend last night, cleared my farmtown memcache and I can't find them via the new website. I had to go via facebook to add them as a buddy.

Tiger
May 25 2023, 05:42 AM

Hi GRB,

The have not been added to the first post on page one yet, you will see them there when they are.

Tiger
May 25 2023, 05:50 AM
Added a new facebook friend last night, cleared my farmtown memcache and I can't find them via the new website. I had to go via facebook to add them as a buddy.

Hi Alexandra,

Although clearing memcache can help in a lot of cases when adding new friends on Facebook, sometimes there can still be a delay in them showing up, that's nothing new. The game is still trying to update who new friends are to the website daily, but that won't be instant. Did you close both versions of the game after clearing memcache before looking for them again? If not please try that next time.

You can also try the memcache link for the website if it happens again and see if that helps them show up on the website a little quicker. If that doesn't help either, give it a couple of days and see if they show up.
Both memcache links are in the usual place should you need them, here's the link to that post:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627590

MNWildOne423
May 25 2023, 08:30 AM
When in facilities manager we can see the stats for the first time we clear(I.e. move to storage) but the remaining items to clear don't show the rest of the stats.

marymarcel
May 25 2023, 08:47 AM

Hi GRB :)

Details have not been added yet.

marymarcel
May 25 2023, 08:48 AM
When in facilities manager we can see the stats for the first time we clear(I.e. move to storage) but the remaining items to clear don't show the rest of the stats.

Hi MNWildOne :)

We have reported this issue to the developers, please be patient while the check on it.

JohnAlbertini
May 25 2023, 10:06 AM
So when will we get details? It has been 38+ hours since this was announced.

I'm assuming there will be NOTHING of ANY value to me as there RARELY is.

WHEN will we get BIGGER non-ex combines, etc? We haven't gotten anything since the 22x back in April of 2020 (OVER THREE YEARS AGO) when 41 farms maxxed at 50x which was 66x66 plots. We now have 44 farms maxxed at 60x which is 80x80 plots. I've REPEATEDLY suggested bigger tools for us non-layer players!!! Yet those who layer keep getting bigger and bigger tools which are USELESS to me.

marymarcel
May 25 2023, 10:11 AM
So when will we get details? It has been 38+ hours since this was announced.

I'm assuming there will be NOTHING of ANY value to me as there RARELY is.

WHEN will we get BIGGER non-ex combines, etc? We haven't gotten anything since the 22x back in April of 2020 (OVER THREE YEARS AGO) when 41 farms maxxed at 50x which was 66x66 plots. We now have 44 farms maxxed at 60x which is 80x80 plots. I've REPEATEDLY suggested bigger tools for us non-layer players!!! Yet those who layer keep getting bigger and bigger tools which are USELESS to me.

Hi John :)

Please be patient as developers are busy working in several things at the same time.

MNWildOne423
May 25 2023, 10:18 AM

We have reported this issue to the developers, please be patient while the check on it.

Thank you!

Snookie Sue
May 25 2023, 10:31 AM
Hi John :)

Please be patient as developers are busy working in several things at the same time.

It would be nice to know if any new crops, trees or facility items will be involved in the new release so we could start preparing for any new restaurants or factories.

Kathyrdr
May 25 2023, 12:02 PM
Why do I have to use full screen to do anything on the game? If I don't click on full screen as soon as the game loads, I can't navigate at all. This started this morning, was fine yesterday.

marymarcel
May 25 2023, 12:22 PM
Why do I have to use full screen to do anything on the game? If I don't click on full screen as soon as the game loads, I can't navigate at all. This started this morning, was fine yesterday.

Hi Kathyrdr :)

Please check if anything changed for your browser zoom level.

Also check if using another browser you get the same problem.

Be sure your browser and operation systems are up to date. After doing an update is always better to restart your computer.

Kathyrdr
May 25 2023, 02:47 PM

Please check if anything changed for your browser zoom level.

Also check if using another browser you get the same problem.

Be sure your browser and operation systems are up to date. After doing an update is always better to restart your computer.

Nothing has changed in browser or zoom. and I don't use any other browsers. My PC and browser are up to date, just checked.

One thing I noticed is this is not affecting anything but Facebook games. I have one other facebook game I play and it too is affected. My non facebook games come up just fine as do all the other sites I visit on the internet. Hope this helps.

marymarcel
May 25 2023, 02:56 PM
Nothing has changed in browser or zoom. and I don't use any other browsers. My PC and browser are up to date, just checked.

One thing I noticed is this is not affecting anything but Facebook games. I have one other facebook game I play and it too is affected. My non facebook games come up just fine as do all the other sites I visit on the internet. Hope this helps.

If you are using Facebook, then is it possible you are saying a black background with facebook games to the right of the game screen?

If that is what you see, then that is a change made by Facebook. You can click in the little arrow to the upper right of the screen. That way you will only see the game screen.
Sadly you have to do that everytime you load your farms or go to other farms.

Kathyrdr
May 25 2023, 03:54 PM

If you are using Facebook, then is it possible you are saying a black background with facebook games to the right of the game screen?

If that is what you see, then that is a change made by Facebook. You can click in the little arrow to the upper right of the screen. That way you will only see the game screen.
Sadly you have to do that everytime you load your farms or go to other farms.

Thanks, that's what it must be.
I still use facebook as that's the only way I seem to be able to send and recieve gifts. The last time I tried using slashkey there was a notice about gifts, but no gifts, lol

marymarcel
May 25 2023, 04:03 PM
Thanks, that's what it must be.
I still use facebook as that's the only way I seem to be able to send and recieve gifts. The last time I tried using slashkey there was a notice about gifts, but no gifts, lol

You are welcome and thanks for letting us know. :)

Yes, we have to do the gifts through facebook but after that you can continue playing in the Websie.
Developers are working on the gifts for the Website.

aceyducey
May 25 2023, 05:05 PM
Hi, I don't see anything about the latest update. Where would it be?
Thank you.

Taz D
May 25 2023, 05:08 PM
Hi, I don't see anything about the latest update. Where would it be?
Thank you.
Hi Aceyducey,
It has not been posted yet.

aceyducey
May 25 2023, 05:30 PM
Thank you, Taz.

Alexandra_J
May 25 2023, 11:34 PM
Why hasn't the details for the new release been posted yet? It's been 3 days

Taz D
May 25 2023, 11:39 PM
Why hasn't the details for the new release been posted yet? It's been 3 days
Hi ALexandra J,
Because they are busy trying to get the rest of the game finished.

Palmarina
May 26 2023, 12:36 AM
thank you for the new update!

Tiger
May 26 2023, 05:18 AM
Hi everyone,

Raul has added the May 23rd, 2023 New Release details to his post, please click on this link to see them:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662754

sylvie48uk
May 26 2023, 06:05 AM
The neighbours/buddies/friends tabs are amazing and so helpful! You did an amazing job guys, it's way better than before!!

BamaMike
May 26 2023, 08:00 AM
On the Farmer list it says I have 0 Facebook friends who have played Farmtown in the past year. Is that tab active yet for everyone?

Taz D
May 26 2023, 08:12 AM
On the Farmer list it says I have 0 Facebook friends who have played Farmtown in the past year. Is that tab active yet for everyone?
Hi BamaMike,
That has been reported to the developers. Not sure when they will get to it.

Farmer_Susan
May 26 2023, 12:50 PM
I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get neighbors for my cat's account. I see this:

<< a) When visiting a farm, send a neighbour or buddy request to the farm owner using the blue and green silhouette icons with a plus sign located in the visitor toolbox
b) When reading an offline message, send a nieghbour or buddy request to the message sender using the blue and green silhouette icons

But my cat is a new user (Level 504) - how would she visit farms or get offline messages? I'd just as soon not go through FB although I did post there last night - no results so far. Should I create a Forum account for her? I'm asking for myself, obviously, but also wondering in general how to help new users get started in FT. I could leave messages for my current neighbors - that's time consuming but one way to do it, I guess. But even there, I only know how to ask for neighbors via FB. Our Farm URLs don't seem to be unique - just the un/pw. So I can't post a URL to her farm and ask people to visit and send requests.

Help?

marymarcel
May 26 2023, 01:04 PM
I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get neighbors for my cat's account. I see this:

<< a) When visiting a farm, send a neighbour or buddy request to the farm owner using the blue and green silhouette icons with a plus sign located in the visitor toolbox

But my cat is a new user (Level 504) - how would she visit farms or get offline messages? I'd just as soon not go through FB although I did post there last night - no results so far. Should I create a Forum account for her? I'm asking for myself, obviously, but also wondering in general how to help new users get started in FT. I could leave messages for my current neighbors - that's time consuming but one way to do it, I guess. But even there, I only know how to ask for neighbors via FB. Our Farm URLs don't seem to be unique - just the un/pw. So I can't post a URL to her farm and ask people to visit and send requests.

Help?

Hi Susan :)

No matter her level, she could go to market to be hired or hire, or use the option to meet new farmers at market.

That way she could make a conection with other farmers. If she is hired, then she could try the visitor toolbox or send a message and if it is responded then use the icons there.

While we are still in Facebook, then some of your own friends could send her a friend request and then become into neighbors.

In case she has a problem, you can use your own forum account to post it but providing her id number.

JudyD1651
May 26 2023, 01:06 PM
Great work Team! Thanks. :)

Farmer_Susan
May 26 2023, 02:03 PM

No matter her level, she could go to market to be hired or hire, or use the option to meet new farmers at market.

That way she could make a conection with other farmers. If she is hired, then she could try the visitor toolbox or send a message and if it is responded then use the icons there.

While we are still in Facebook, then some of your own friends could send her a friend request and then become into neighbors.

In case she has a problem, you can use your own forum account to post it but providing her id number.

EXCELLENT idea about her going to market! I'll try that. I think her farm ID is 100003545226144. But can people here in the forum use that to go to her farm?

marymarcel
May 26 2023, 02:14 PM
EXCELLENT idea about her going to market! I'll try that. I think her farm ID is 100003545226144. But can people here in the forum use that to go to her farm?

You can edit your post in Neighbors requests and add the links to her farms.

Im sending you a pm.

Thanks

Farmer_Susan
May 26 2023, 09:17 PM

You can edit your post in Neighbors requests and add the links to her farms.

Im sending you a pm.

Thanks

I thought I was all set. I used the URL from your PM and sent it to a handful of neighbors. They're telling me that it just takes them to a login page - they're not sure how to use that to add her and I don't know what to tell them. Obviously, at one time I understood how to do this because I've got links to my own farms in my Forum Signature. But that was 10-12 years ago. Got purged from my memory banks a long time ago. I went to Edit Signature thinking I could get a memory jog but I had turned all of my farm URLs into tinyURLs, so that didn't help!

Can you give me some more pointers, please?

Taz D
May 26 2023, 10:38 PM
I thought I was all set. I used the URL from your PM and sent it to a handful of neighbors. They're telling me that it just takes them to a login page - they're not sure how to use that to add her and I don't know what to tell them. Obviously, at one time I understood how to do this because I've got links to my own farms in my Forum Signature. But that was 10-12 years ago. Got purged from my memory banks a long time ago. I went to Edit Signature thinking I could get a memory jog but I had turned all of my farm URLs into tinyURLs, so that didn't help!

Can you give me some more pointers, please?
Hi Susan,
You can find out how to get the link to her farms with the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645850

amanda1955
May 28 2023, 05:26 PM
love the new website so much quicker than Facebook one just have a small question how come with the Neighbours and buddies I have 99.2 with Neighbours and 99.9 with buddies. surely I could add one or 2 more to my Neighbour list

marymarcel
May 28 2023, 06:28 PM
love the new website so much quicker than Facebook one just have a small question how come with the Neighbours and buddies I have 99.2 with Neighbours and 99.9 with buddies. surely I could add one or 2 more to my Neighbour list

Hi amanda :)

The percentage amount is not based on the number of neighbors you have. it is based on the number of spaces used versus spaces left in the database that holds those.
The Neighbors Limit is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not all IDs are the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 15 characters in length.

sir winalot
May 29 2023, 12:31 AM
Loving the new website, so much faster and cleaner! Thank you so much for the farmers list, it makes it so easy to add and clean up the lists of friends, buddies and neighbours! I cleared a host of ppl from the buddy list that were also neighbours, so now got lots of room for new buddies! So impressed with all you are doing, thank you so much, and looking forward to the gifts section, when it comes, as I am sure that will be just as good!

EireneM
May 29 2023, 07:21 AM
Many thanks Raul and Team you have all been working so hard for us

Walkies
May 29 2023, 08:17 AM
Thank you all very much for all your hard work. The website version is wonderful with all the things we can do now that we couldn't before.
First you had to rewrite the whole game for Unity instead of Flash and now you're reworking the whole thing again for the (much better!!!) website. Wow! you deserve a medal or two!
xx

marymarcel
May 29 2023, 09:40 AM
Hi Farmers :)

From Raul's notes for the New Release

- Bugfix: Facebook Friends tab in the Farmer Lists screen showing 0 friends sometimes.

BamaMike
May 29 2023, 10:06 AM

From Raul's notes for the New Release

Does that mean it should be fixed or are they still working on it? Mine is still showing 0 friends from Facebook.

Taz D
May 29 2023, 11:13 AM
Does that mean it should be fixed or are they still working on it? Mine is still showing 0 friends from Facebook.
Hi BamaMike,
It does mean it should be fixed. If it is not fixed for you please contact Support about this. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

MNWildOne423
May 31 2023, 08:06 AM
Hi amanda :)

The percentage amount is not based on the number of neighbors you have. it is based on the number of spaces used versus spaces left in the database that holds those.
The Neighbors Limit is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not all IDs are the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 15 characters in length.
I am showing people in my neighborhood list that haven't played the game since 2019. Once I fill my neighbor list(currently at 134 neighbors/97.8% capacity) I will start purging some old players from my list to get current players as neighbors. Any idea if that percentage will increase again? I was under the impression that we would be able to have 500 neighbors/buddies. I don't have any buddies so maybe I need to redirect to that.

marymarcel
May 31 2023, 08:24 AM
I am showing people in my neighborhood list that haven't played the game since 2019. Once I fill my neighbor list(currently at 134 neighbors/97.8% capacity) I will start purging some old players from my list to get current players as neighbors. Any idea if that percentage will increase again? I was under the impression that we would be able to have 500 neighbors/buddies. I don't have any buddies so maybe I need to redirect to that.

We dont know if developers will increase the amount of neighbors and buddies in the future.

You can have about 500 in total, between neighbors and buddies.

And yes, you should check which ones still play the game and if they dont then you can remove them from your neighbors to be able to add new ones.
Also, depending on which features of the game you need them for, then you can delete some as neighbors but add them as buddies.

You have information in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662782

Sonytone
Jun 03 2023, 12:54 PM
Thank You, Raul and Team!

marymarcel
Jun 03 2023, 01:19 PM
Hi farmers :)

From Raul notes for the New Release:

Post Release Updates - June 3rd, 2:10PM

- Released old Fathers Day decorations.

Alexm2012
Jun 04 2023, 05:21 AM
can we not have the option to revert back to how the screen was when the website was first released i don't like the bigger screen

Tiger
Jun 04 2023, 06:09 AM
can we not have the option to revert back to how the screen was when the website was first released i don't like the bigger screen

Hi Alexm2012,

Please provide more information for the devs about what it is that you do not like about the wider game screen, if it's causing you any problems, what those are and your monitor screen size.

Alexm2012
Jun 04 2023, 01:02 PM
my screen is a samsung 32"inch display HD so the bigger farm now makes it more difficult for my eyes to focus i already suffer with bad eyes so this makes it even harder for my eyes to be able to focus just on the screen when im trying to do day to day farming stuff hence why i have cut down on how much time i spend farming because its causing pain in my eyes i hope they give us the option to revert back to the old size as this suited me 1000% better and my eyes.

Taz D
Jun 04 2023, 01:19 PM
my screen is a samsung 32"inch display HD so the bigger farm now makes it more difficult for my eyes to focus i already suffer with bad eyes so this makes it even harder for my eyes to be able to focus just on the screen when im trying to do day to day farming stuff hence why i have cut down on how much time i spend farming because its causing pain in my eyes i hope they give us the option to revert back to the old size as this suited me 1000% better and my eyes.
Hi Alexm,
Try shrinking the size of your browser window. Also could use a lower zoom level for that tab. They haven't changed the farm size, just widened the game screen to spread the things around the side out.

Bandida Nina
Jun 04 2023, 04:24 PM
I want to thank everyone involved with this endeavor, including the Admins who show more patience than I ever could. :) I have to force myself to sign into Facebook just to send gifts.

marymarcel
Jun 05 2023, 12:57 PM

There was a fix for the game that was just posted:

Post Release Updates - June 2nd, 1:50PM

- Bugfix: Farmers temporarily disappearing from your Buddies after sending them train boost requests.

marymarcel
Jun 05 2023, 01:30 PM
Hi all :)

From Raul's notes for the New Release:

Post Release Updates - June 5th, 2:00PM

- Bugfix: Some of the train boost requests sent from the new website were incorrectly shown as expired.

Queen.of.Clutter
Jun 08 2023, 03:23 PM
Just got new levels ! Thank you!

bluehair
Jun 08 2023, 03:32 PM
now my short cuts arent working went to put the new tools in and it keeps telling me I dont have the 6 x 6 exceeder

I bought all the new 576 harvest plow plant tools

marymarcel
Jun 08 2023, 03:46 PM

Post Release Updates - June 8th, 4:10PM

- 25 New Levels, 13 new decorations.

- 5 Regular Crop Tools 24 x 24 to work up to 576 non-overlapped crop fields at once

marymarcel
Jun 08 2023, 03:48 PM
now my short cuts arent working went to put the new tools in and it keeps telling me I dont have the 6 x 6 exceeder

I bought all the new 576 harvest plow plant tools

Hi bluehair :)

We sent an email to the developers about this problem.

Vivienne57
Jun 08 2023, 04:18 PM
Please don't alter the size of the new bigger ft screen. I love it, it's just the right size. I don't understand why people are complaining about it but hopefully it's just one or two players. I think it's great :)

Denise Dianna
Jun 08 2023, 04:28 PM
New Levels! yay thank you :p

beverduster
Jun 08 2023, 07:35 PM
ty 4 t about a month , he new levels, & a big thank you to raul 4 getting my old farms back, really appreciate it, & happy pappys day

SirMatthew KC
Jun 09 2023, 04:20 AM
Are the new crop tools just the non-EX versions?

al_bundy
Jun 09 2023, 05:00 AM
awesome thankyou

facebook friends dont show in the my facebook friends section is there something i am meant to do to make that work?

i have tried making my friends list public but makes no difference

ajjeni
Jun 09 2023, 06:22 AM
thanks for all the hard work you all put into our favorite game....even in my kids think i'm lame for playing it.

Tiger
Jun 09 2023, 07:27 AM
Are the new crop tools just the non-EX versions?

Hi SirMatthew KC,

Regular crop tools means that they are not EX tools for working overlapped crops. Tools for working overlapped crops always have EX in the tool name.

Tiger
Jun 09 2023, 07:35 AM
awesome thankyou

facebook friends dont show in the my facebook friends section is there something i am meant to do to make that work?

i have tried making my friends list public but makes no difference

Hi al_bundy,

Are you only using the Website to play Farm Town?

The website can not get your data about who your Facebook friends are if you are not also occasionally loading the game on Facebook.

al_bundy
Jun 09 2023, 07:49 PM
Hi al_bundy,

Are you only using the Website to play Farm Town?

The website can not get your data about who your Facebook friends are if you are not also occasionally loading the game on Facebook.

i havent loaded fb ft for a while i will try that :)

JNelson
Jun 10 2023, 12:15 AM
for the players trying to get to the EX harvesting tools do they now have to purchase yet another basic one the new 24x before they can buy their first EX tool the 5x5 ???

never mind I found the answer in the updated chapter file,, ugh should have check there first, sorry

JNelson
Jun 10 2023, 12:29 AM
follow up question..... at what size are we done buying the basic crop tools and can buy the first of the EX tools

Rob T
Jun 10 2023, 08:05 AM
follow up question..... at what size are we done buying the basic crop tools and can buy the first of the EX tools

Hi JNelson,

In order to purchase the EX tools, you must have up to and including the 16x16 regular tools.

marymarcel
Jun 10 2023, 08:15 AM
Sorry folks, we were busy and had no time to post this earlier, our apologies....

Post Release Updates - June 8th, 7:30PM

- Bugfix: Shortcuts for the new 24 x 24 crop tools not working.

- Bugfix: When working facilities, sometimes the farm selector will not show the correct farm colors if the farm owner has the Farm Pass reward for non-workable facilities.

- When using the Start All / Load All buttons in the Facility Manager, there is a new line at the bottom in the popup showing when help from friends was last requested.

Post Release Updates - June 10th, 3:10AM

- Released 5 new Fathers Day decorations, 1 as gift, 1 at the top of the Fathers Day category at the store and 3 at the bottom.

Alexm2012
Jun 11 2023, 05:48 AM
any insight from the devs when the new 2 payment methods will be available on the new website hate buying farm cash through facebook because they take a high % fee from slashkey

marymarcel
Jun 11 2023, 08:45 AM
any insight from the devs when the new 2 payment methods will be available on the new website hate buying farm cash through facebook because they take a high % fee from slashkey

Hi Alexm :)

Developers are still working on that, hopefully we will get them sooner than later :)

marymarcel
Jun 11 2023, 02:31 PM
Hi farmers :)

Post Release Updates - June 11th, 3:15PM

- Bugfix: Broken link Account -> Farm Cash Activity Log -> View my purchase history inside all Facebook Apps

- Added picture, avatar name, real name and last activity to the Account -> Blocked Users tab

Palmarina
Jun 13 2023, 04:42 AM
Hi, I went to see that "Blocked Users" tab.
There are people I have never heard of, I can't remember that I ever blocked them!
What is this list exactly?

Tiger
Jun 13 2023, 05:09 AM
Hi, I went to see that "Blocked Users" tab.
There are people I have never heard of, I can't remember that I ever blocked them!
What is this list exactly?

Hi Palmarina,

They are farmers that you have blocked in the game to stop seeing them or hearing from them. This is not new it's been around for years, so you may have done it a very long time ago. You may have blocked them by clicking on their avatar and using the ignore or by using ignore/report icons in areas like the chat box or in game messages.

All that's happened is that the blocked users area has been updated to fix things like missing pictures, names and some more information added as it wasn't as easy to tell which farmer was which, when you only wanted to temporarily block someone and then remove it later on.

Palmarina
Jun 13 2023, 05:46 AM
Hi Tiger, thanks for the clarification. :)

Hi Palmarina,

They are farmers that you have blocked in the game to stop seeing them or hearing from them. This is not new it's been around for years, so you may have done it a very long time ago. You may have blocked them by clicking on their avatar and using the ignore or by using ignore/report icons in areas like the chat box or in game messages.

All that's happened is that the blocked users area has been updated to fix things like missing pictures, names and some more information added as it wasn't as easy to tell which farmer was which, when you only wanted to temporarily block someone and then remove it later on.

Tiger
Jun 13 2023, 06:24 AM

You're welcome Palmarina :)

Taz D
Jun 13 2023, 08:50 PM
Raul has posted an update:
Post Release Updates - June 13th, 8:40PM

- Bugfix: Sometimes after removing yourself from another farmer neighbours or buddies you still remained her neighbour or buddy

- Bugfix: Sometimes Super Neighbours hired for design on a certain farm could not delete items on that farm

- After reporting or ignoring a farmer, you will not receive any more neighbour or buddy requests from that farmer

- If you have reported or ignored a farmer in the past, that farmer will show a new 'Unblock' icon if it's present in your Farmer Lists screen. Also, if you visit her farms, we will also show the 'Unblock' icon at the bottom left of the screen. The icon looks like a red circle with a green diagonal line inside.

- Completely removed the old 4 arrows directional icon from the game interface, replaced by the yellow hand tool

Palmarina
Jun 13 2023, 11:47 PM
A big thank you for fixing my problem!!!

aceyducey
Jun 14 2023, 02:13 PM
Hello, what is the best way to remove FB friends who do not play the game any longer from my Slashkey farmers list?

marymarcel
Jun 14 2023, 02:21 PM
Hello, what is the best way to remove FB friends who do not play the game any longer from my Slashkey farmers list?

Hi aceyducey :)

Your first post was moved and answered in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6550654#post6550654

famer charlie
Jun 14 2023, 06:42 PM
where is the yellow hand tool that is mention in new released

Taz D
Jun 14 2023, 06:46 PM
where is the yellow hand tool that is mention in new released
Hi Famer Charlie,
You will only see it on the tool bar if you still had the 4 arrows icon on it. The yellow hand replaced that icon. If you had already removed it and replaced with something else then you won't see it there. It will instead be only in your tool box.

ijago
Jun 21 2023, 03:10 AM

were is the blocked user tab

Tiger
Jun 21 2023, 05:51 AM
were is the blocked user tab

Hi ijago,

Click on the Account tab at the top of your game screen.
Then click on Blocked Users.

Charlie Manylayers
Jun 23 2023, 10:23 AM
When we take a picture of our facebook based farmtown farm, it is sent to out facebook farmtown album. The slashkey farmtown also prompts us to take a picture that will be in our farmtown album. Does that farmtown album exist now, if so how do we access it?

If the farntown album is to be setup by the developers at some point, why not not let us know it is not functional yet, or if it is functional, how do we access it.

Thank you.

Taz D
Jun 23 2023, 10:37 AM
When we take a picture of our facebook based farmtown farm, it is sent to out facebook farmtown album. The slashkey farmtown also prompts us to take a picture that will be in our farmtown album. Does that farmtown album exist now, if so how do we access it?

If the farntown album is to be setup by the developers at some point, why not not let us know it is not functional yet, or if it is functional, how do we access it.

Thank you.
Hi Charlie Manylayers,
It is not set up on the website currently. I don't think they have decided how they are going to do those yet.

Charlie Manylayers
Jun 23 2023, 12:37 PM
Thanks taz

Lark
Jun 24 2023, 08:20 AM
why does it say my account is not linked and sometimes if i try to post I get this message.. I appreciate your help ,
thank you

Lark, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

marymarcel
Jun 24 2023, 08:45 AM
why does it say my account is not linked and sometimes if i try to post I get this message.. I appreciate your help ,
thank you

Lark, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

Hi Lark :)

Maybe you were trying to post in a closed thread so you got that message.

Not all sections of the forums are open and available for users to post.

You can read the following thread, which is closed, but it has information about the Forums:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602546

marymarcel
Jun 27 2023, 07:43 AM
Hi gals and guys :)

Thank you so much for your feedback on the May 23rd New Release!

While we wait for next New Release please feel free to post any problems with the game in Help & Support (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1), any feedback in General Feedback (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186) and your ideas for the game in our Suggestion section. (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)

This thread is now closed. :)