PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- January 17th, 2011

Pages : 1 2 [3]

spurz
Jan 31 2011, 02:17 PM
This was a super release and again I thank you guys for all you do and for listening to us. I would like the following things...I would LOVE to have the ability to paint my buildings a different color, and I wish that all the cars machinery, buildings animals etc were proportional to one another. It's tough to put a car in my driveway that's half the size of my house. Thanks!

MoonBaby5656
Jan 31 2011, 02:48 PM
Seems like they have made changes to the storage where it does not need to load when you go to the market!!!! Is this true ... or just my PC??

Rob T
Jan 31 2011, 03:23 PM
Seems like they have made changes to the storage where it does not need to load when you go to the market!!!! Is this true ... or just my PC??

Yes, it's true, the loading has changed, it's now more efficient.

Touch_Stone2002
Jan 31 2011, 04:13 PM
Hey thanks for the help in that!

ColtsFan1912
Jan 31 2011, 07:56 PM
I love the new look of the water. . i kept looking at it saying "That wasn' tl ike that. .right" lol

gammymbw
Jan 31 2011, 08:19 PM
You guys just keep getting better and better. I thought I was losing it or something. Usually I click on the storage and get up for a couple minutes while it loads. Now I click on it, and within seconds it's there. Wow very impressive. And the last release was just awesome. I love Farm Town, and all the Mods and developers are just great. Thanks for all you do for us.

felicitycoombs
Feb 01 2011, 05:27 AM
Chapter 26 in the Game Guide (link to game guide in my signature).

Thanks for your help. I am 2 million + XP over the top level but its moving up fast these days so I was just having a look to see what it could go to next time.

Ferbylicious
Feb 01 2011, 11:41 AM
Hi

Can someone help me please. When I go to facilities manager, it does not show that I can work from the less complex facility to the most complex in that order. maybe I am missing something here but its not working. When I click the a-z, all it shows is alphabetically and cost.

Thanks for replies in advance

Rob T
Feb 01 2011, 11:47 AM
Hi

Can someone help me please. When I go to facilities manager, it does not show that I can work from the less complex facility to the most complex in that order. maybe I am missing something here but its not working. When I click the a-z, all it shows is alphabetically and cost.

Thanks for replies in advance

In the menu in the facilities manager, there is an option called 'Production Chain'... select that, and it will allow you to do the facilities with items that can be used in other facilities first

Ferbylicious
Feb 01 2011, 12:05 PM
In the menu in the facilities manager, there is an option called 'Production Chain'... select that, and it will allow you to do the facilities with items that can be used in other facilities first

nope, nothing. I see no "production chain" Rob. If you or devs can link to see what is up please, it'd be appreciated. ty

Rob T
Feb 01 2011, 12:08 PM
nope, nothing. I see no "production chain" Rob. If you or devs can link to see what is up please, it'd be appreciated. ty

If you click on the A-Z, you should have 4 menu options... Alphabetically, Production Chain, Done & Utilization... do you not have those?

Ferbylicious
Feb 01 2011, 02:52 PM
I am contacting support.

Ferbylicious
Feb 01 2011, 02:54 PM
no Rob I don't have any of those. only "alphabetically" and "cost". This is stressing me out lol

etholl
Feb 01 2011, 02:59 PM

are you sure your in the facility manager and not the store or selling? cost should not be in there anywhere. facility manager is when you click on the tool box icon then the yellow arrow, then the icon of teh building it the first coulmn on the left

samsmum
Feb 01 2011, 03:00 PM
hi ferbylicious...are you sure that you are looking at the facilities manager and not the facilities tab in the store?
Sorry if you are in the right place but was just thinking that "alphabetically" and "cost" are the options in the store :)

Ferbylicious
Feb 01 2011, 03:13 PM
omg ty Samsmum, etholl and Rob. I see it now and I knew about it but just was not going there. I feel like such a fool right now. *hides in shame*
ty once again

SunnyD
Feb 01 2011, 05:17 PM
i am so not going to ask where you were looking Ferby!! lol lol .....you know what?? i had to clear my cache and temp files yesterday soooo i just said oh to heck with this and did a full on maintenance on pc yesterday did scan disk and repairs and all that and do you know what?? ok i am on dial up and you guys hear me from time to time telling you it takes like literally hours to get back to where i can get on my farms without having to load and reload all that ?? right??? well so not so any more only have to go to my farm one time and go to a couple neighbors to load the crops so i can seed my farms and then just load the storage one time and that takes like 3 minutes i have no idea what you all have done but wow wow way to go... and of course i am still not able to play any other games on face book lol i am soo in love FT now you will never get rid of me thank you for the latest up dates your the best......

Big Honking Toe
Feb 01 2011, 08:39 PM
Waiting for the next update.

StoneFace
Feb 02 2011, 07:46 AM
Waiting for the next update.

:eek:

yeah, I feel your pain..... I am starting to look for more stuff to buy, and maybe some view-options and maybe a few facilities. Gotta have something that requires that 9th farm (which probably won't be here till the end of March)

:cool:

hsdasher@centurylink.net
Feb 02 2011, 08:41 AM
Where is the site what shows who has posted their facilities? It seems to be lost

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 02 2011, 08:47 AM
Where is the site what shows who has posted their facilities? It seems to be lost

You can look under 'game requests' on the left side on FB. Under the gifts, it shows any postings for FT.

dianedrayson
Feb 03 2011, 04:37 PM
Speaking of gifts...why do the hens and cows pictures get all jumbled up on the gift page listing? When it starts to do this, I notice that transferring them to the farm starts to slow down, and I have to go dump cache, temp files like every three animal placements. Quite maddening and very slow. :(

I have the same problem. The pictures of the animals get jumbled. I have to continually clear my cache when putting a lot of animals on the farm. Everything slows down. I'm more fortunate than you in that I can get out 20 animals before it drives me mad.

Once they're on the farm though, and I've cleared cache, everything is back to normal speed for putting them in the barn or coop.

lauralei
Feb 04 2011, 02:28 PM
I really think it is unfair to have to buy anther manurer spreader. I spent 50 Farm cash.
The next day they have adifferent one for 40. What the heck.
By the way I just figured out how to post this

Marsey
Feb 05 2011, 07:34 AM
Love Farmtown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xarena
Feb 05 2011, 09:13 AM
I agree an increase in cheese production would be great! I just added my 3rd dairy fac to help me keep up. I post lots of goodies daily & always am in need of cheese. or if you can't increase cheese production could you add it to the items that we can buy? or gift? Thanks for all the hard work! :)
I have three dairies and I run out of cheese every day!
How can I get more cheese?

bluemoon2011
Feb 05 2011, 09:38 AM

My suggestion would be to find some neighbors who have lots of facilities and regularly post for facility workers. I have some fantastic neighbors that keep multiple dairies full and post facility work daily, I'm usually able to get a few hundred extra cheeses every day just by working in a few neighbors facilities. This is also true for a few other items that I can never make enough of by myself (such as cinnamon, petrochemicals, etc.).

srfrench@wildblue.net
Feb 05 2011, 10:31 AM
I can't see Avitars on my 6th or 7th farms since the update !!!!!!!! Please fix this!!!!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?ref=bookmarks&cid=bm&count=0

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 05 2011, 02:23 PM
I can't see Avitars on my 6th or 7th farms since the update !!!!!!!! Please fix this!!!!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?ref=bookmarks&cid=bm&count=0

Hi there, I already replied to you in another thread :) I suggested taht if you haven't already, that you should post in the official thread on this topic here: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372594

Also, your link takes anyone back to their own farm. Linking instructions found in my signature :)

jeannieb
Feb 05 2011, 07:54 PM
Is there a detailed list of what is used in each facility?

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 05 2011, 07:58 PM
Is there a detailed list of what is used in each facility?

Chapter 27 of the game guide (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)lists crops that go in facilities...the chapter on fish lists what goes in facilities, and the tree chapter has a list of trees and their facilities.

pockyts
Feb 05 2011, 08:04 PM
Thank you for fixing what you have done. But....I still cant send gifts???

Jakobus
Feb 05 2011, 09:42 PM
A great big thank you for a great game you've created and continue to up-date. However, when you add new levels, it never rewards those who are at the very top. I.E. my wife has 3 million extra pts and I have over 8 million yet we are lumped together at 185. Surely the top players could be rewarded more!

StoneFace
Feb 06 2011, 02:46 PM
A great big thank you for a great game you've created and continue to up-date. However, when you add new levels, it never rewards those who are at the very top. I.E. my wife has 3 million extra pts and I have over 8 million yet we are lumped together at 185. Surely the top players could be rewarded more!

So, if you laid back a bit, and your wife reached the same number of points as you, .... that would be equal and fair, right?

I can agree with that.

I have 5 million exp points and "yet" you and I are lumped together at 185. Should my "reward" then be the same as yours?

I can not agree with that.

It is pretty much a fair game and everyone must attain a certain level of points to receive the "bonus" items that come with that level, not with those points.

I will undoubtedly attain the max level with the next release, as will you. We will get the "bonus" items that come with that level.

If any "lumping" is to be done, I would like to see a way to give some "lumps" to the newer players who want things even easier. I have a "protegee" of sorts who has gone to level 125 with 8 farms in less than 8 weeks. No biggee, because the game is not about competing with other players.

Make sure your wife works lots of farms and goes to the market to work with 4x4s. Here bonus is your help. Your bonus is not having to work so hard (if at all) to get the next levels automatically.

enjoy

etholl
Feb 06 2011, 03:09 PM
its really not a game of competition unless you make it one. it smore about having to meet goals to obtain new things. it give s you something to play for, not against others

Big Honking Toe
Feb 06 2011, 04:03 PM
So.... Where is the next update?? It has been over 2 weeks since the last formal update with new content.

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 06 2011, 04:05 PM
So.... Where is the next update?? It has been over 2 weeks since the last formal update with new content.

There is no set time for updates, you know that ;) Just happens to be averaging every 2 weeks.

Big Honking Toe
Feb 06 2011, 05:41 PM
There is no set time for updates, you know that ;) Just happens to be averaging every 2 weeks. I know there is no dates, but it has kinda been like a informal thing that they update it around every 2 weeks.

ghostkitten
Feb 06 2011, 06:03 PM
There is no set time for updates, you know that ;) Just happens to be averaging every 2 weeks.

So do we count the Valentines Day stuff as a update???..-))

anotherfarmer
Feb 06 2011, 10:26 PM
I cant speak for others but me I prefer no update until the problems we got now are fixed, I can just see it, update comes out and people get on here saying its slow its this its that why you update if not fixed first .....etc etc.

anotherfarmer
Feb 07 2011, 04:08 AM
NOT all problems are on players end, I have problems myself I come here to see I dont always post "IF" I see others post about same thing and if I see that it says something like developers are aware it and it is being fixed, I dont post just wait..........

meleon
Feb 07 2011, 06:02 AM
Kool...Now plse tell me how to access my msgs as I keep seeing 2 msgs displayed on my box for the loongest while now, but not able to c them or older msgs from other FT players!

topmop
Feb 07 2011, 09:01 AM

I just put my Pizza Rest. into storage and started another facility that uses something else. That also solved my tomato problems.

Jennifer Michelle
Feb 07 2011, 01:10 PM
I really think it is unfair to have to buy anther manurer spreader. I spent 50 Farm cash.
The next day they have adifferent one for 40. What the heck.
By the way I just figured out how to post this

Believe me, I looked at it rather askance when it first came out, BUT ...

I bought the Orange Manure spreader and looking back now, I am VERY GLAD I did ... it was worth every FC$ I spent. Now all my trees are fertilized constantly and with the DOUBLE output from the trees, I never have any problems with supply of Oak, Pine, Bamboo or Cedar. ... .sure there are other things to buy with Farm Cash, but the 4x4 tools and the Manure spreaders are worth their weight in GOLD ... or maybe even PLATINUM :D

Gregsmommy
Feb 07 2011, 01:57 PM
My manure spreadewr also disappeared with over 600 units in it. I was hoping to be able to buy other tools and certainly don't want to spend another $10. plus alll the crops I could be growing but can't because the truck is gone. Please fix this problem and put our trucks back on the farm with the manure that was in it when it disappeared.

Thanks to anyone who is listening.

diamond1989
Feb 07 2011, 02:33 PM
wished they would do a flower fertiliser lol got lots of flowers and still not enough for my flower shop lol

beautysmom
Feb 07 2011, 08:14 PM
Is it just me, or is everyone expecting a new release tonight, since it's been three weeks? Decisions, decisions! ROFL

CynthiaSue
Feb 07 2011, 08:56 PM
Is it just me, or is everyone expecting a new release tonight, since it's been three weeks? Decisions, decisions! ROFL

I thought releases were only once a month at most. I am a bit bored right now, so a new release that actually had something of interest to me would be nice.

beautysmom
Feb 07 2011, 10:00 PM
I thought releases were only once a month at most. I am a bit bored right now, so a new release that actually had something of interest to me would be nice.

Releases have been running about every three weeks--the 1-17 was three days late (Monday, rather than the previous Friday night), so if they are back on schedule, it should be tonight.... But I am beginning to think not. Fairly late for a release tonight, by my clock!

MattAlex69
Feb 07 2011, 10:17 PM
Hopefully it'll be soon :)

JAS0643
Feb 07 2011, 10:23 PM

Updates can come at any time and any day of the week. There is no set seclude for updates. Some months we make get one, some 2, some 3 or even 0 updates in a month. There is no set number of releases in a month, you will easily see that if you look at the thread titles in this section.

Witch Hazel
Feb 08 2011, 02:24 AM

Do you have each frm maxed with 100 cows? If not, that might help.

nbfortin
Feb 08 2011, 08:07 AM
Two days ago i re-arranged my facilities on my farm, When i went to opened my farm on that page with the facilities i notice i lost one. I went into the facilities management and i have it in there. I'm missing my sandwich shop. Where did it went. I checked my storage and it's not in there. Please help me get it back.

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 08 2011, 08:09 AM
Two days ago i re-arranged my facilities on my farm, When i went to opened my farm on that page with the facilities i notice i lost one. I went into the facilities management and i have it in there. I'm missing my sandwich shop. Where did it went. I checked my storage and it's not in there. Please help me get it back.

Try clearing your cache. If that doesn't help, please post in our official thread here: http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373034 where we can better help you.

Jakobus
Feb 08 2011, 02:55 PM
Hey Stoneface,
Then why have the extra points at all????? They have always, from the beginning, been the way of attaining each level. No, I at 9 million pts should NOT be the same as you at 5 million.

StoneFace
Feb 08 2011, 03:35 PM
Hey Stoneface,
Then why have the extra points at all????? They have always, from the beginning, been the way of attaining each level. No, I at 9 million pts should NOT be the same as you at 5 million.

I plow my own farms (more expensive) just to get the job done when I want it done. The points are a bonus for me or for level 1.

I work my neighbors' farms and they work mine cuz it's part of the game and generates coin. The points are a bonus for me or for level 1.

I buy things that I want to buy at the store. The points are a bonus........

You are right... at 5 million points I don't need points for probably the next 50-100 levels. But I will get them anyway. If you find a way to turn in your points or give them to someone else who wants to level up faster, let me know.:D

Maybe at some point future new farms will require both coin and points or FT$ and points.

:eek: the lower levels who want an easier game will go ballistic then:rolleyes:

dianedrayson
Feb 08 2011, 05:06 PM
I think the devs must have been tweaking farm town a bit. Suddenly I can plant crops at a reasonable speed, without a huge wait between each lot of 4x4. I hope this continues. Any work on my farm had become painful because of the lack of speed (even when I've just cleared my cache).

HelenJS22
Feb 08 2011, 05:09 PM
I think the devs must have been tweaking farm town a bit. Suddenly I can plant crops at a reasonable speed, without a huge wait between each lot of 4x4. I hope this continues. Any work on my farm had become painful because of the lack of speed (even when I've just cleared my cache).

Ahhhh - so it wasn't my imagination, or my computer's fault yesterday? I had such delays it was frustrating. Thanks for that confirmation :)

lulu836
Feb 08 2011, 08:42 PM
Mine is no different still a relatively long hesitation at each 4x4 plot.

etholl
Feb 09 2011, 12:04 AM

get a 4th, duh, lol jk

mischellesteelersfan
Feb 09 2011, 06:46 AM
in the words of spongebob.............."i'm ready,i'm ready "

levarti2
Feb 09 2011, 11:56 AM
Do you have each frm maxed with 100 cows? If not, that might help.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand the comments about people needing more cows in order to have more cheese. I'm not currently playing FT (partly because of frustration over this issue), but I never ran out of cow’s milk. With 8 hr harvest time for dairy barns, that's possible 3x harvest a day. Having 7 farms at the time and 7 dairy processing plants - it was the processing plant that couldn't keep up, not the cows. Only had 150 cows total (held in 2 barns), that's 450 milk a day and 7 dairy processing plants only make 36 batches of cheese a day each. That's 252 a day. I didn’t mind spending the coins to have dairy facilities on each farm (although they don’t necessarily go with the landscape design I wanted for some farms), but if you have to do that at least they should produce what you need.

I didn’t have all the facilities that required cheese, but the ones I have require more than I can make (I did the math). Butter, for instance, can be made 960 per day, per processing plant and not many products require it.

Had plenty of milk for ice cream and other products and plenty for the cheese - the cheese is just too slow to produce given all the restaurants that I chose to have. There were other places I would have liked to buy, but the addition of cheeseburgers wasn’t gonna happen.

I understand how the faster production thing works by bugging friends to help, and I prefer not to play that way. When I get too many app requests from friends showing up on my home page, I hide those apps and assume other people do the same. I like to keep my Facebook home page for news from real friends and family, not just strangers signed up to help me play a game. I know people do this and that’s totally their choice, it’s just not my preference.

At one time I loved FT. I’ve previously spent hundreds of real dollars on this game (my choice, my enjoyment) … but I believe that if we have maximum facilities on maximum number of farms and production still won't meet demand, something needs to change with the game. Until there’s an equitable balance with goods and facilities, I’m not contributing more $$ and time to it.

mollyg
Feb 09 2011, 02:23 PM
Would really like to know how many of each item remain as we fill facilities. Some items are ingredients in more than one facility and easily used up in one. Would also like to be able to send some of our coin purchases as gifts. The valentine lists is great, but who wants to buy their own valentine? LOL Also would love a doe deer. Think that those cute babies need a mom.!!!

StoneFace
Feb 09 2011, 06:18 PM
Would really like to know how many of each item remain as we fill facilities. Some items are ingredients in more than one facility and easily used up in one. Would also like to be able to send some of our coin purchases as gifts. The valentine lists is great, but who wants to buy their own valentine? LOL Also would love a doe deer. Think that those cute babies need a mom.!!!

haha.... yep, we do need that.

Maybe she will be available for coin.... of if FTcash, only a buck.

Tony D
Feb 09 2011, 06:20 PM
haha.... yep, we do need that.

Maybe she will be available for coin.... of if FTcash, only a buck.

.an ear ?...

StoneFace
Feb 09 2011, 08:16 PM
an ear ?...

that much?? you pirate

Taz D
Feb 09 2011, 11:02 PM
As the developers fix, correct or change things could we please have a post on here updating us with what has been done so we are not surprised when things happen?

Ilsewdm
Feb 10 2011, 10:26 AM
I so agree with Levarti2. I'm about to throw in the towel. I have 8 dairies, plenty of milk, and cannot produce much of anything in several of my facilities. It's getting really BORING! It shouldn't be hard to fix this. I would prefer to wait an extra month for other updates and get double the cheese instead.

leesac
Feb 10 2011, 10:32 AM
I just noticed that my storage for miscellaneous items has doubled, this is new, or at least mine wasn't like that yesterday :) This is great, it will really make moving things around easier.

usmcmom2008
Feb 10 2011, 11:39 AM
I just noticed that my storage for miscellaneous items has doubled, this is new, or at least mine wasn't like that yesterday :) This is great, it will really make moving things around easier.
Mine has as well.. guess we will see bits and pieces of an update here soon. Today marks the same exact amount of days between last updates and the one previous.. We shall see

Lynnette
Feb 10 2011, 11:44 AM
Great job and I love this game. It would be wonderful if you would really consider some kind of button, lever or whatever to be able to process our facilities faster and with less clicking. Having to click 30-50 times per item is way too much. That is the main complaint in the marketplace and from my own neighbors.

ghostkitten
Feb 10 2011, 12:03 PM
And RAUL is on viewing threads..I Never see him on ....

StoneFace
Feb 10 2011, 01:19 PM
Great job and I love this game. It would be wonderful if you would really consider some kind of button, lever or whatever to be able to process our facilities faster and with less clicking. Having to click 30-50 times per item is way too much. That is the main complaint in the marketplace and from my own neighbors.

Oh come on now.... the 10+ cut the clicks a whole lot. About the only thing that takes a lot of clicks - 3 dozen max - is the cookies.

We can't expect EVERY thing to be one click shopping.

JAS0643
Feb 10 2011, 01:31 PM
Oh come on now.... the 10+ cut the clicks a whole lot. About the only thing that takes a lot of clicks - 3 dozen max - is the cookies.

There are several one hour things and even some 30 minute things that takes lots of clicks to do.

dansd111
Feb 10 2011, 04:12 PM

Actually, there are several items that take 36 clicks (Black Tea, Green Tea, 3 types of paper products, Walnut Snacks, Peanut Snacks, Vegie tray, Honey Popcorn, Sunflower Seeds, Chocolate chip cookies, 8 Essential Oils, 2 types of Sheet Metal, 3 types of furniture, 4 pigments, 4 Inks, olive oil, coconut oil, 7 Sandwiches/hotdogs, Linen yarn, wool yarn, Linen rope). I'm sure I have missed several.

Butter takes 72 clicks to max out.

****... No wonder why my fingers are sore :eek:

StoneFace
Feb 10 2011, 04:24 PM
Actually, there are several items that take 36 clicks (Black Tea, Green Tea, 3 types of paper products, Walnut Snacks, Peanut Snacks, Vegie tray, Honey Popcorn, Sunflower Seeds, Chocolate chip cookies, 8 Essential Oils, 2 types of Sheet Metal, 3 types of furniture, 4 pigments, 4 Inks, olive oil, coconut oil, 7 Sandwiches/hotdogs, Linen yarn, wool yarn, Linen rope). I'm sure I have missed several.

Butter takes 72 clicks to max out.

****... No wonder why my fingers are sore :eek:

put some olive oil on them..... jk;)

oh well,,,,, compared to the 1000 clicks to harvest and 1000 more to plow the fields "in the old days", clicks are like the points in "Whose Line Is It" ..... they don't matter

dianedrayson
Feb 10 2011, 04:49 PM
A few days ago I posted about how good it was that I could plant quickly again. I retract that. It's back to slow planting. What's worse, it's taking about twice as long to fill the facilities lately. I can't spend an hour filling my facilities (all on one farm, no duplicates), even with my current practice of doing it only twice a week. I don't know why it's so slow. Today I filled facilities just after clearing cache and restarting browser, to see if that would speed things up. It didn't. I don't think I will be able to play Farm Town much longer. The frustration levels are beginning to exceed the enjoyment levels.

Please, devs, help us out by making things faster or by giving a MAX button on facilities and an EMPTY ALL button for them.

bagoshen
Feb 10 2011, 05:11 PM
I love the 10+ button and I can't wait till the next updates to see all the goodies that they add.

servocrow
Feb 10 2011, 05:41 PM
I think the batching has changed in the facilities...Either that, or I've been doing them wrong all this time.

:D

Farmer Homer
Feb 10 2011, 06:14 PM
End of the week is approaching, getting antsy for a new update. :D

Chickadee16
Feb 10 2011, 09:15 PM
Raul - thanks for the updates...

Do you anticipate making salt available through the truck...
or... making salt on the seacoast where salt could "dry" in the sun on the beach...
or... salt could be gleaned from a seawater procesing plant...
or... just add it to the menu for sea-strips as part of processing seawater...
or... allow trade or purchase of salt from neighbors...
or... have salt be one of the spices in the spice facilities (yeah, I already have that!!!)...

I live near the Great Salt Flats, so there are salt processing facilities (for real) not far away from there, but something that allowed processing of the seawater strips would be nice - some thoughts.
Thanks, stop by and check out the farm #6 smokehouse facilities on my fishing Waterfall Lodge farm... you'll know why I want the salt, hehehe

Thanks, ~andrea "chickadee" ~

earlgray
Feb 11 2011, 01:25 AM
Hey, it looks like you've increased item storage, maybe doubled it. Thanks!!!

RoxyRocks
Feb 11 2011, 02:42 AM
*CURTSIES* to the Developers!! ;)

Thanks for all the new storage space!

Now I can keep all my groovy holiday items :D

Cheers!! :)

Sarita50
Feb 11 2011, 04:29 AM
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes.

1. Farm 8: Here are the prices in Coins, Farm Cash prices remain the same:

Farm12x12 - 8000000
Farm14x14 Upgrade - 5000000
Farm16x16 Upgrade - 6000000
Farm18x18 Upgrade - 7000000
Farm20x20 Upgrade - 300000000
Farm22x22 Upgrade - 400000000
Farm24x24 Upgrade - 500000000

2. 25 New Levels and 12 Gifts (Coins): About 70 new items in total, all in coins. The Farm Implements in the Gifts section have no functionality, they are just nice decorations that look well behind your machinery. All Winter items are now in the 'Winter' section in the Store. The Gift Certificates are now in the 'Other' section.

3. Superanimals (FC): There are now 2 superanimals in the Store, the Holstein Cow and the Leghorn Hen, they produce 10 times more than the regular Cow and Hen.

4. New Order in Facility Manager: When you hit the A/Z sorting button and select 'Production Chain', it will sort the facilities in such a way that will allow you to work continuously from top to bottom, as facilities with primary ingredients are on top, when you get to the complex facilities at the bottom you will have stored all the primary ingredients already required for these complex facilities.

5. Fishing with Bait (Already Launched): There will be 2 types of bait, freshwater bait and seawater bait. You can receive those baits as gifts from friends.

If you have bait available when you catch a fish you will receive 2 fish instead of one. When you hire others to fish, your baits will be used (not others) and you will also get 2 fish instead of one, in this case, employees will get double coins and will also get 2 fish instead of one when they receive their 'fish' bonus.

To check how much baits you have available hover the mouse over freshwater or seawater items.

6. Smokehouse: Allows you to produce cured and smoked products. You can receive Salt from friends. You can receive Pork from friends or order it from the Semi-Trailer truck. You can catch herrings in the Small Sea Coast.

Prosciutto
Cured Cod
Cured Herring
Salami
Smoked Cheese
Bacon
Smoked Salmon
Pastrami

7. Fish and Chips: Allows you to produce Fish and Chips dishes. You can catch squids in the Big Sea Coast.

Calamari Rings
Cod and Chips
Shrimp and Chips
Haddock n Onion Rings
Smoked Salmon n Chips
Seared Scallops n Slaw
Catfish Cakes

8. Harvest Storage expanded again by 25%.

9. Extra step removed from invite/requests flow: When you send gifts or neighbour request to friends, there was an extra screen/dialog asking you to email friends, this screen is now removed from the flow.

10. Phantom Gifts issue fixed: For users having Phantom Gifts in their gift box, when you receive a new gift or use some of the gifts in your gift box, the Phantom Gifts in your gift box should disappear.

11. The Level Bar now shows the correct amount of XP left to the next level.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

I do think the Maple Trees could produce sugar, which could be processed in the Sugar Factory into Maple Syrup and Sugar and then used in the breakfast facility for pancakes, which would have to be made.

Tokeloshe
Feb 11 2011, 12:31 PM
I think the release date of a new update is determined by the resolution of the problems caused by the previous one

JAS0643
Feb 11 2011, 12:53 PM
I think the release date of a new update is determined by the resolution of the problems caused by the previous one

I have no idea what in the world you are talking about. When a new release comes out more often then not they do not cause any problems for the game. On the occasions that it does cause a problem the problem is fixed asap which most of the time is in a few hours not weeks. New releases come when the developers get them ready, there has never been and I doubt there ever will be a set seclude for releases. When they come out are solely based on when the developers want to release them, not on some imagery problems some want to clam the game is having. Are there a few people having issues yes but they are not game wide problems and therefore do not effect release dates.

StoneFace
Feb 11 2011, 01:54 PM
End of the week is approaching, getting antsy for a new update. :D

yep.... I have been planting just 2hr and 4hr stuff today.... to stock inventories and to be ready in case there are some goodies than cry out "Buy Me"

.:eek:

Whoopsidaisy
Feb 11 2011, 05:28 PM
Geeze I am sooo slow sometimes, lol. I just noticed my extra storage room for items!! It's more then double what I had. Thank you!!

Tony D
Feb 11 2011, 05:32 PM
Geeze I am sooo slow sometimes, lol. I just noticed my extra storage room for items!! It's more then double what I had. Thank you!!It should be exactly doubled :)

etholl
Feb 11 2011, 09:34 PM
something tells me no new updates until after feb 14th VD day, when they will be changing the holiday gifts

1fritz
Feb 11 2011, 09:40 PM
something tells me no new updates until after feb 14th VD day, when they will be changing the holiday gifts

I think you are right.:) Too bad

Fritz

Lavenda
Feb 11 2011, 10:43 PM
um, I see a new tree shaker and it ain't VDay yet!

Mrs Borgies
Feb 11 2011, 10:50 PM
um, I see a new tree shaker and it ain't VDay yet!

Rubs hands together gleefully! :D

Gramma Ingrid
Feb 11 2011, 10:54 PM
New buttons in facilities so you can load 1, 10, or x? One of mine was 1, 10 and 30!

JAS0643
Feb 11 2011, 10:56 PM
There has been an update and I can't wait for the announcement. What I know we have new is:

8x8 tree shaker to harvest 64 trees.
fork lift to store all in a facility.
New crop kidney beans.
+ 30 in the facilities.
store all in the facility manger if you have the fork lift.
able to see all facilities on all farms in the facility manger.

off to hunt for more new stuff.

mischellesteelersfan
Feb 11 2011, 10:58 PM
We got updates !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TsunamiVince
Feb 11 2011, 10:59 PM
What does the forklift do? I bought it and I can't see it on any of the menus.

JAS0643
Feb 11 2011, 11:01 PM
What does the forklift do? I bought it and I can't see it on any of the menus.

In the facility manger you will see open or store all. If you have the forklift you can click on store all and it will store all in that facility.

Beer Farmer
Feb 11 2011, 11:04 PM
Wow, You have to have the 8x4 shaker first! Rip off! Gotta spend 75 FC in total to get the 8x8 shaker! Boo!!

PennyLewis
Feb 11 2011, 11:04 PM
Thank you,:D Thank you Brilliant Developers. Love the new way to use the Facility Manager!!!

Farmer Rabbit
Feb 11 2011, 11:07 PM
:D Under facilities I see a new Drying Facility for coins that dries things like apricots, plums & peas. Also, a new Soup Restaurant for farm cash.

chrisluvsanimals
Feb 11 2011, 11:10 PM
is it my imagination or did they remove the requirement when we harvest our crops to choose what we want to do with them?? Mine are going straight to storage now instead of having to choose sell or store!!!

Farmer Rabbit
Feb 11 2011, 11:15 PM
is it my imagination or did they remove the requirement when we harvest our crops to choose what we want to do with them?? Mine are going straight to storage now instead of having to choose sell or store!!!

YES! I refreshed to see what was happening. I still did not get the choice to sell or store. So did you load your storage to actually ck to see if it went straight in there? I have not done so yet. Thx :)

Addendum: I just checked. What I harvested I happened to be totally out of. So I opened the facility that would use that crop and found I could click the deliciously new buttons and begin production. Clearly my freshly harvested crops went directly into storage w/o me having to choose to sell or store.

JAS0643
Feb 11 2011, 11:20 PM
They also removed the pop up telling you have many bait you have when you store it from the gift box it just scrolls up the screen now. I think this is going to be one of the best updates.

windetrails
Feb 11 2011, 11:22 PM
well I'm being priced right out of Farm Town. I may have to sell out and go play internet poker. I haven't even bought the 4x4 seeder yet.