PDA

View Full Version : Discussions about Farm Cash

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Don't feed the beggers
Jul 02 2011, 09:46 AM
wait a sec, we can't buy just fc anymore, we HAVE to buy credits???? if this is the case I have to say the sucks butt, i HATE that. You can't even earn fc anymore?? what the heck is up with that? I thought I hated this but I am certain now that I do.

Angel70
Jul 03 2011, 01:29 AM
wait a sec, we can't buy just fc anymore, we HAVE to buy credits???? if this is the case I have to say the sucks butt, i HATE that. You can't even earn fc anymore?? what the heck is up with that? I thought I hated this but I am certain now that I do.

I'm with you on that. I don't like this, I don't like it at all. Why couldn't they just leave things as they were? I was so used to buying my FC from Slashkey and now I have to buy Facebook credits first? They could have least given us the choice, you know, like either buy them with credits or buy them as we used to do in the past.

JAS0643
Jul 03 2011, 02:29 AM
I'm with you on that. I don't like this, I don't like it at all. Why couldn't they just leave things as they were? I was so used to buying my FC from Slashkey and now I have to buy Facebook credits first? They could have least given us the choice, you know, like either buy them with credits or buy them as we used to do in the past.

Slashkey had no choice FB has mandated that all apps use fb credits. I am sure given the choice FT would not have changed the system.

Taz D
Jul 03 2011, 02:36 AM
If you click on the Buy Cash at top of game. Then select how much Farm Cash you want, check the box to agree to Terms of Service, click on Pay with Credits. This will take you to the payment page and you buy only the number of credits needed. You actually get a discount from the price we used to pay. not a lot, but it is a lower amount.
When you do it this way you do not have to go buy the credits first and then convert to FC and end up with left over credits.

JAS0643
Jul 03 2011, 03:10 AM
If you click on the Buy Cash at top of game. Then select how much Farm Cash you want, check the box to agree to Terms of Service, click on Pay with Credits. This will take you to the payment page and you buy only the number of credits needed. You actually get a discount from the price we used to pay. not a lot, but it is a lower amount.
When you do it this way you do not have to go buy the credits first and then convert to FC and end up with left over credits.

There is no discount when you buy farm cash this way. 55 fc still cost you $9.99 cents. What you "buy" when you buy that fc package is 100 fb credits and it cost you 99 credits for the 55 fc so it leaves you with 1 credit. I see no discount there at all as one credit is nothing. You would have to buy farm cash 24 times before you have enough credits left over to get some farm cash from the left over fb credits. So I don't see where you are getting there is a discount since fb credits are used.

al_bundy
Jul 03 2011, 07:30 AM
I actually like the new method it seems a lot quicker just selected paypal to buy credits and wallah i was done

maddshots
Jul 03 2011, 07:38 AM
In case you don't know already FB keeps your credit card info and you have to go to account settings to remove it each and every time you use it or face being hacked and having your card info stolen. It happened to me and I now no longer buy any FB credits.. :mad:

this am i purchased $30.00 worth of credits to use on my farm..got all but 18 of them and now fb wants me to spend another $8 to get more to use the 18 i have left..that is illegal..this is not acceptable..besides i had to make 3 purchases to do the $30..other wise i had to spend $50..this is a crock...i'm hoppin mad about this...i tried to go to fb and complain to them but of course there is no way to get anything to them...u could sen:mad:d them this so they know they have my money and i should either get it back or b able to use it where i want..

maddshots
Jul 03 2011, 07:45 AM
Everyone should keep in mind that FB saves your credit card info without telling you that they do. One must go to account settings and remove it each and every time you use it or face being hacked and losing it. I know, I did not know it was saved, got hacked, took me month:eek:s to get my money back.

al_bundy
Jul 03 2011, 07:47 AM
good luck trying to get money out of my debit card lol

might find a few moths

Tygered
Jul 03 2011, 09:44 AM
This new system of having to buy farm cash sucks big time. I hate the fact that there are no free ways to get cash either. You used to be able to watch videos, do surveys or whatever, but now you can only buy them through fb credits. I will never do this, so good bye to farm town. It is a shame that facebook has decided to do this.

LucyCuba
Jul 03 2011, 10:08 AM
How come we can still earn cash in other games with free offers? I thought this was a new Facebook rule? Cityville, restaurant city, Frontierville..... I can still earn cash for those games with free offers. :confused:

JAS0643
Jul 03 2011, 10:14 AM
Everyone should keep in mind that FB saves your credit card info without telling you that they do. One must go to account settings and remove it each and every time you use it or face being hacked and losing it. I know, I did not know it was saved, got hacked, took me month:eek:s to get my money back.

Every place that I have shopped on the internet has saved my credit card FB is no different in that regard. If you are worried about that happening buy fb credits at the store and not online.

Sqrl
Jul 03 2011, 10:16 AM
Oh, what? I can't do superrewards offers to get farm cash any more? There are exactly 3 free offers on fb credits, most of which are surveys for which I probably won't qualify (going on previous experience). So that's the end of that then? thanks a lot.

and yes, I know it's not FT's fault, but I am pretty upset by this. at least i have a lot of what i need for my farm already!

ghostkitten
Jul 03 2011, 11:44 AM
Ok..So I go to look at buying this Ft credits and it keeps giving it to me in British Pounds?.........Urghhhhhhhhhh.....Anyone know how I change this?...

Taz D
Jul 03 2011, 04:08 PM
Ok..So I go to look at buying this Ft credits and it keeps giving it to me in British Pounds?.........Urghhhhhhhhhh.....Anyone know how I change this?...
You have to change it from your FB account settings or credits balance if that is in the dropdown menu for Account. Last item in the list on the page is Preferred Currency. Click on change and set it to what you need.

Taz D
Jul 03 2011, 04:15 PM
Just curious, did you only use that card for Facebook? If not then how do you know it was because of Facebook that the card information was stolen?

HelenJS22
Jul 03 2011, 08:52 PM

If you use a prepaid credit card purchased for just the amount you want to spend on farm cash (facebook credits) it shouldn't matter because the card will dead once it's used.

Taz D
Jul 03 2011, 08:57 PM
If you use a prepaid credit card purchased for just the amount you want to spend on farm cash (facebook credits) it shouldn't matter because the card will dead once it's used.
Be sure and check which ones they accept first though. They are different from what we used to be able to use.

Happy pants
Jul 03 2011, 08:59 PM
Or as Max pointed out, some retailers sell facebook credits over the counter.... that way you'd be dealing in cash, no information required.

HelenJS22
Jul 03 2011, 09:09 PM
Be sure and check which ones they accept first though. They are different from what we used to be able to use.

OK, thanks for that. Do you know how we check which are accepted? I usually buy Visa which is still mentioned as a method on the buy cash page.

HelenJS22
Jul 03 2011, 09:10 PM
Or as Max pointed out, some retailers sell facebook credits over the counter.... that way you'd be dealing in cash, no information required.

Hmmmmm - hadn't thought about that one. Not sure if any are sold in Australia, but will look into it. Thanks.

Taz D
Jul 03 2011, 09:48 PM
OK, thanks for that. Do you know how we check which are accepted? I usually buy Visa which is still mentioned as a method on the buy cash page.
Look in the payment methods for prepaid cards and see which ones are listed.

max_river
Jul 03 2011, 11:22 PM
Hmmmmm - hadn't thought about that one. Not sure if any are sold in Australia, but will look into it. Thanks.

helen they just started to sell them here in canada on thur so just keep a eye out for them.

Sqrl
Jul 04 2011, 06:11 AM
Oh, and instead of just getting Farm Cash straight away, I have to save up 48 fb credits before I can get anything at all. This is just better and better! I love FB! NOT! The one free offer I can contemplate (crowdsourcing mindless tasks) would give 4 credits.

Farm Town dear, you couldn't perhaps put some pressure on FB to be kinder to indigent sqrls?

Sal Fantasia
Jul 04 2011, 09:49 AM
I couldn't find a thread concerning this so if it's necessary to move it I will understand.

At present I am at maximum level and I have about 155 facilities on my 10 farms, half of them purchased with Farm Cash. Facebook announced that effective July 1, 2011 all Farm Cash purchases can only be made with Facebook Credits. I took the following from their Help Section.

"One Facebook Credit is currently valued at $0.10 USD ($1.00 USD = 10 Facebook Credits). Facebook redeems Facebook Credits at the rate of $0.10 per Credit, minus a service fee of $0.03 per Credit redeemed."

Now I am not an accountant but to me that looks like a 30% service fee. If this is the case then as of now I will not be spending any more money for Farm Cash. Maybe Slashkey should start investigating the possibility of having their own website dedicated to Farmtown.

Thank you

Sal Fantasia

Taz D
Jul 04 2011, 11:20 AM
I couldn't find a thread concerning this so if it's necessary to move it I will understand.

At present I am at maximum level and I have about 155 facilities on my 10 farms, half of them purchased with Farm Cash. Facebook announced that effective July 1, 2011 all Farm Cash purchases can only be made with Facebook Credits. I took the following from their Help Section.

"One Facebook Credit is currently valued at $0.10 USD ($1.00 USD = 10 Facebook Credits). Facebook redeems Facebook Credits at the rate of $0.10 per Credit, minus a service fee of $0.03 per Credit redeemed."

Now I am not an accountant but to me that looks like a 30% service fee. If this is the case then as of now I will not be spending any more money for Farm Cash. Maybe Slashkey should start investigating the possibility of having their own website dedicated to Farmtown.

Thank you

Sal Fantasia
Slashkey has never gotten the total amount. When you bought Farm Cash before this it was either through Codebell if you purchased with Paypal from the top box on that page or through Super Rewards if you used the lower section. Those companies did not do this for free and took their percentage cuts too. It really is no different for them.
People on here have been wanting a way to use Facebook credits for a while because friends and family could send them FB credits gift cards, but they couldn't use them because Slashkey didn't use them. Now they can use them and I am sure they are happy now.

JAS0643
Jul 04 2011, 11:47 AM
Slashkey has never gotten the total amount. When you bought Farm Cash before this it was either through Codebell if you purchased with Paypal from the top box on that page or through Super Rewards if you used the lower section. Those companies did not do this for free and took their percentage cuts too. It really is no different for them.
People on here have been wanting a way to use Facebook credits for a while because friends and family could send them FB credits gift cards, but they couldn't use them because Slashkey didn't use them. Now they can use them and I am sure they are happy now.

Taz Codebell and Slashkey are one and the same. So when you bought them through Codbell you where buying them straight from slashkey not a 3rd party.

Taz D
Jul 04 2011, 12:37 PM
Taz Codebell and Slashkey are one and the same. So when you bought them through Codbell you where buying them straight from slashkey not a 3rd party.
I stand corrected. Thanks Jas. Guess I should have researched that.

skinni
Jul 04 2011, 12:47 PM
So now we can't get FC without donating to Facebook. Well I guess I'll abandon facebook as well. I guess that's why they are losing players. The statistics I read is that facebook is losing users. Active users are declining although they still get new users but the veterans are leaving. They keep strangling the players. At the rate their going the user count will become "0".

skinni
Jul 04 2011, 12:52 PM
This is total BS & Unacceptable. You can stick a fork in me cause I am done.

ghostkitten
Jul 04 2011, 04:33 PM
Oh, and instead of just getting Farm Cash straight away, I have to save up 48 fb credits before I can get anything at all. This is just better and better! I love FB! NOT! The one free offer I can contemplate (crowdsourcing mindless tasks) would give 4 credits.

Farm Town dear, you couldn't perhaps put some pressure on FB to be kinder to indigent sqrls?

You mean I just cant go and spend $20.00 like I do every 3 weeks (until now) and bingo there is FC in my account.?.....Please dont tell me its not different........

Taz D
Jul 04 2011, 05:08 PM
You mean I just cant go and spend $20.00 like I do every 3 weeks (until now) and bingo there is FC in my account.?.....Please dont tell me its not different........
I believe Sqrl was referring to the free credits you can earn, not the purchasing. If you use the Buy Cash up top you can still use your $20 and bingo there will be your FC.:D

artisanrox
Jul 04 2011, 06:15 PM
If this is the case then as of now I will not be spending any more money for Farm Cash. Maybe Slashkey should start investigating the possibility of having their own website dedicated to Farmtown.

I agree.

/10characterrequirement

al_bundy
Jul 04 2011, 06:50 PM
how does one know if slashkey and codebell are 1?

JAS0643
Jul 04 2011, 07:21 PM

Do a google search for codebell and you will find the proof. I would post a link but it is not allowed.

Taz D
Jul 04 2011, 07:21 PM
Search for Codebell and you will see they are the ones who developed Farm Town...thus both Codebell and Slashkey owned by the same people.

Happy pants
Jul 04 2011, 07:38 PM
So the really sad part of this is that the people who do the actual work of developing, running, and maintaining Farmtown now have to give Facebook 30% of the money they make from the players. That makes me a little irritated.... I guess they didn't have a choice. :(

Happy pants
Jul 04 2011, 07:42 PM

If you've been using Paypal, Online Interac or a credit card, it's bingo as usual.

reddragonlady
Jul 04 2011, 08:47 PM

:):):)Thank you for posting this. It was very helpful and I got my farm cash.

Don't feed the beggers
Jul 04 2011, 09:16 PM
i bought a fcb gift card today (shoppers drug mart for any canadians looking for them). Came home all excited. Applied for my fc than got an e-mail saying I owed paypal almost $13...well wtf I just paid 25 for the silly card.....I guess I must have done it wrong b/c now I got 276 fc, no credits and it wasn't even what I asked for when I asked for my credits to be turned into fc....so now I have all these fc and can't use them until they take my cash away and refund my credits, don't charge my paypal...GRRRR I don't think I will be using fc very often anymore. to much trouble, frsutration etc etc...good thing have everything now. Until something new comes out that I MUST have of course lol.

Don't feed the beggers
Jul 04 2011, 09:23 PM
I am a bit miffed that FB gets any of the money...they out no effort into the game or its development, they do not give us the new updates. All fb really does is cause aggravation with all their un-needed updates which inevitably cause more broken down issues. I to wish and hope that sk will pack up and move to a different server or place to play. FB makes millions from their advertisment, must they have this as well? yes I realize it's like renting a space BUT come on. Does anyone know if sk has to pay to have the game on fb and my space?? In any case I would much rather see sk take all the money, and fb get nothing. Mark has become a greedy, power hungry little man.

Taz D
Jul 04 2011, 09:29 PM
i bought a fcb gift card today (shoppers drug mart for any canadians looking for them). Came home all excited. Applied for my fc than got an e-mail saying I owed paypal almost $13...well wtf I just paid 25 for the silly card.....I guess I must have done it wrong b/c now I got 276 fc, no credits and it wasn't even what I asked for when I asked for my credits to be turned into fc....so now I have all these fc and can't use them until they take my cash away and refund my credits, don't charge my paypal...GRRRR I don't think I will be using fc very often anymore. to much trouble, frsutration etc etc...good thing have everything now. Until something new comes out that I MUST have of course lol.
Sound like you requested the 250 Farm Cash and didn't have enough credits, but they should not have been able to charge your Paypal account unless you authorized it.

Angel70
Jul 05 2011, 01:54 AM
I'm from Belgium. I always bought FC with a prepaid card (in my case that is a wallie card). When I didn't have a Wallie card available at that time and I was too lazy to go to the store to get me one, I often used my mobile phone to get some cash.
This morning, I wanted to buy some cash (now credits ofcourse) with my mobile phone. I had to select a country from the drop down menu. Belgium isn't listed :( I never, ever had any problems purchasing cash with my mobile phone before. And now, since they changed it, we, the people from Belgium can't buy credits with the mobile. THIS SUCKS BIG TIME.

Don't feed the beggers
Jul 05 2011, 07:05 AM
Sound like you requested the 250 Farm Cash and didn't have enough credits, but they should not have been able to charge your Paypal account unless you authorized it.

I didn't but i have bought credits before using my mc, but not once did I say it was ok to charge my cc yesterday...I went to complain to fb and they gave me options, I checked give me a refund and I will try again and got a reply letter saying to wait 72 hrs for a reply...so now i don't wanna spend anything from my fc not even the 26 I had bought before the change over, just in case.

StoneFace
Jul 05 2011, 08:48 AM

Another reason to just get a gift card the next time you are at a store...... it does cost about 5% to "activate" it .... but that is a small price to pay to
[1] keep hackers away from the personal credit or debit cards, and
[2] limit potential loses to the remaining balance on the gift card, and
[3] monitor the addition to FT to spend $FTcash a little better, and
[4] you can always use the balance to buy other things on line for the same protections against hackers.

StoneFace
Jul 05 2011, 08:54 AM
So the really sad part of this is that the people who do the actual work of developing, running, and maintaining Farmtown now have to give Facebook 30% of the money they make from the players. That makes me a little irritated.... I guess they didn't have a choice. :(

This will be just like the government placing another tax on a corporation. The corporation does not end up really paying the tax, .... they pass the cost on to the consumer, resulting in higher prices.

Can you see it now?j New facility could have been $35, now $45.

musicman1215
Jul 05 2011, 08:55 AM
I noticed the message regarding compliances with Facebook to use Facebook credits in order to buy farm cash, but WHY DID YOU TAKE AWAY OUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHICH COMPANY TO PURCHASE FARM CASH VIA MOBILE PHONE?????? EVERYTHING WAS JUST FINE UNTIL YOU SCREWED THINGS UP FOR US!!!!!!! I HATE ZONG!!!!!!!! LET US HAVE A CHOICE TO USE PAY MO SO WE CAN PURCHASE FARM CASH!!!!!!!

clogger
Jul 05 2011, 09:02 AM
Wow, I am old. I use my mobile pone for making and receiving calls.

Angel70
Jul 05 2011, 09:08 AM
Wow, I am old. I use my mobile pone for making and receiving calls.

lol Clogger :D

Well, I did too before I found out how easy it was to get some farmcash with the mobile phone. Now facebook took that away from me by changing things. Not a happy bunny right now.

Happy pants
Jul 05 2011, 09:19 AM
I noticed the message regarding compliances with Facebook to use Facebook credits in order to buy farm cash, but WHY DID YOU TAKE AWAY OUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHICH COMPANY TO PURCHASE FARM CASH VIA MOBILE PHONE?????? EVERYTHING WAS JUST FINE UNTIL YOU SCREWED THINGS UP FOR US!!!!!!! I HATE ZONG!!!!!!!! LET US HAVE A CHOICE TO USE PAY MO SO WE CAN PURCHASE FARM CASH!!!!!!!

I'm not sure who this "you" is that you're referring to, musicman... but Slashkey was compelled to follow this edict from Facebook if they wanted to retain FB as their platform for the game. Be angry with FB if you want, but seeing as this is a Slashkey forum, I think you're yelling at the wrong person here.

Scott Lawrence
Jul 05 2011, 11:25 AM
I am kinda glad we dont have to use the survey garbage to attempt to earn farm cash anymore.

I had battle after battle with my super rewards regarding their awarding of farm cash.

I would do all the required stuff and still not get anything. I had to submit email/header proof to them most of the time and fight with them when I did not receive an email.

It seemed watching the videos worked 99% of the time. I wish that option was still available.

Thanks,

Scott

Taz D
Jul 05 2011, 11:45 AM
I didn't but i have bought credits before using my mc, but not once did I say it was ok to charge my cc yesterday...I went to complain to fb and they gave me options, I checked give me a refund and I will try again and got a reply letter saying to wait 72 hrs for a reply...so now i don't wanna spend anything from my fc not even the 26 I had bought before the change over, just in case.
After this is corrected for you, go to the Facebook Credits Balance link under Account and remove Paypal from the Payment Methods, then they will not have that information to charge to and will ask next time.

Taz D
Jul 05 2011, 12:00 PM
Farmtown did not take anything away from you. Facebook did this by mandating that all game apps through Facebook must use their credits system as of 1 July. You are ranting at the wrong people as Farmtown had no choice in the matter. You want to yell then yell at Facebook.

max_river
Jul 05 2011, 01:35 PM
it justs takes others longer to except change lol. it your choice buy them or not

Don't feed the beggers
Jul 05 2011, 02:35 PM
for me it isn't about accepting change, its about a charge i DID NOT approve. It took it automatically. I removed my cc info last nigh after this, but everytime you remove it and add it again it cost .95 and I am not paying that, forget it.

Honeyrum
Jul 05 2011, 05:54 PM
I understand we now have to buy facebook Credits to purchase farmtown Dollars... OK... so... why won't details come up when i try to buy.. The box just flashes and won't load my details to buy.. there is nothing wrong with my PC.... is this a problem between FB and FT?

Taz D
Jul 05 2011, 06:47 PM
I understand we now have to buy facebook Credits to purchase farmtown Dollars... OK... so... why won't details come up when i try to buy.. The box just flashes and won't load my details to buy.. there is nothing wrong with my PC.... is this a problem between FB and FT?
You have to allow trialpay.com to store cookies for it to work. I found that out and had to remove trialpay.com from the blocked list and re-add it as Always Allow. I don't like it but obviously that is who Facebook is working through.

Animedevildog
Jul 05 2011, 10:34 PM
Sorry... just fed up with a good system being messed around with

ghostkitten
Jul 05 2011, 11:07 PM
You have to change it from your FB account settings or credits balance if that is in the dropdown menu for Account. Last item in the list on the page is Preferred Currency. Click on change and set it to what you need.

Tyvm...How it became pounds is beyond me but all fixed now...

ghostkitten
Jul 05 2011, 11:12 PM
If you've been using Paypal, Online Interac or a credit card, it's bingo as usual.

Thanks...I use either so I'm pleased it's not changed...I hate change when it's forced on me....

Laceyrose
Jul 06 2011, 12:52 AM
I had been using Rixty to purchase Farm Town green cash. I only wished, that I knew of this change eairler, BEFORE I dumped money into it. For all of the previous statements above, is why I do not use my credit cards for this. I went and checked my ' Face Book ' credits, and I have only a few. The ease of playing farm Town is why I have basically blocked all my other game apts except for Farm Town .. and now this. Im not sure how this is going to work, but I can say, I hope it does not make me want to stop playing FT, as over the past year, I noticed that the better ' tools and facilities ' are only gotten from the green FT cash. If it is difficult for me to obtain the nicer tools that FT brings out.. then there will be no fun here in FT. Farm Town, you may have no control with Facebook's policy .. but you DO have a choice with what we as players are able to get and not get with the new Facebook's requirement.

Cathy.

Don't feed the beggers
Jul 06 2011, 09:02 AM
I guess they said screw you on the error b/c the money left my paypal acct this morning....that sucks. Good thing i always have money in there otherwise I would have been in trouble. I guess I could look at this in a positive way and say that with the 276 fc I have now, I have enough to last a bit.

mommom
Jul 06 2011, 09:13 AM
I really really wish there was a way to fix this. I wish I had a long heads up and I would have loaded up on farmcash.

I AM NOT giving facebook my paypal information. They have had too many problems. I also LOVED that buying cash for this game was easy.

And I also loved that there was a fair exchange.

My ONLY experiences with the facebook credits were the few free ones they gave everyone and a small gift card I got as a christmas stocking stuffer.

I got so LITTLE GAME credit in return it was a massive waste of money for the gift card.

UNLESS something happens to make facebook credits more equal to spending real money, sadly I will never buy anything else for the game.

And I own all the pay facilities and factories and all the pay equipment I wanted.

I never waste it on decorations, but I never minded paying for things like the combine.

I wish there was a way to tell facebook OFF. I already hate zynga, and now I am hating facebook also.

Why or why are they messing the with the best game with the best service in their system?????

And how can we really let the slashkey people know how upset we are?

mommom
Jul 06 2011, 09:20 AM
Plus I bet they exempt zynga. Those plastic zynga gift cards are at the check out register of half the stores in my town. Certainly all of those are not going to be worthless.

And if gift cards are exempt, then get us some farmtown gift cards at walgreens, target, walmart, and such.

Instantly.

Taz D
Jul 06 2011, 10:29 AM
I really really wish there was a way to fix this. I wish I had a long heads up and I would have loaded up on farmcash.

I AM NOT giving facebook my paypal information. They have had too many problems. I also LOVED that buying cash for this game was easy.

And I also loved that there was a fair exchange.

My ONLY experiences with the facebook credits were the few free ones they gave everyone and a small gift card I got as a christmas stocking stuffer.

I got so LITTLE GAME credit in return it was a massive waste of money for the gift card.

UNLESS something happens to make facebook credits more equal to spending real money, sadly I will never buy anything else for the game.

And I own all the pay facilities and factories and all the pay equipment I wanted.

I never waste it on decorations, but I never minded paying for things like the combine.

I wish there was a way to tell facebook OFF. I already hate zynga, and now I am hating facebook also.

Why or why are they messing the with the best game with the best service in their system?????

And how can we really let the slashkey people know how upset we are?

Plus I bet they exempt zynga. Those plastic zynga gift cards are at the check out register of half the stores in my town. Certainly all of those are not going to be worthless.

And if gift cards are exempt, then get us some farmtown gift cards at walgreens, target, walmart, and such.

Instantly.
The Facebook credits are worth 10 cents each, if you want to buy lets say 55 Farm Cash and that used to cost us $19.99, then you buy $20.00 worth of Facebook credits and get 200 of them. The price hasn't changed just because you are buying credits first. Think of it as a currency exchange and Facebook has their own currency that will work for all their games.
Zynga is not exempt, they have had those cards out since way before Facebook forced all games to use credits. In fact Zynga was one of the larger game companies Facebook forced into testing the program.
As far as Slashkey putting out cards of their own look at it this way. Zynga is a multi-billion dollar company with a lot of games. Slashkey is a small company with only one game. Zynga could afford to take the initial loss to get the cards out, but I doubt that Slashkey would be able to outlay that much money to do it without causing a big cashflow problem.

Angel70
Jul 06 2011, 11:51 AM
Well, went to buy myself a prepaid card today (a wallie card) and purchased 55 FC with it. I must admit it worked great. I had some money left over on the card and together with the bits I had left over on other cards, I was able to purchase another 25 FC. Together with the 17 FC I still had, I now have a totale of 97 FC :)
Bring on those updates LOL

mommom
Jul 06 2011, 02:25 PM
I just won't be spending any money on the game and I could just cry about that. \

I don't trust facebook. They will NOT get my banking information to buy from them.

Second, it is WAY too much trouble to have to leave the house, go to a store, buy a gift card, then buy face book money just to finally buy something from the ONLY game I buy for.

I usually buy the one that gives you about 250 at a time, but I bought a good bit with the last update. I own all the pay facilities.

Is there NO recourse?

Seriously, nothing we can do?

So very sad.
Seriously, I bet farmtown has a pretty serious loss of revenue over this.

And unless facebook is taking a cut, what is in this for them?

So there has to be some sort of loss of money.

Again I HATE facebook to be as addicted to this game as I am. I think they will give our information out, and if they have banking information, they will not keep it secure.

I really wish I had bought some cash a day or two ago, and I would have if they had given us a heads up.

Guess I will have to make the hundred or so bucks I have last a long time, and I won't be buying any more super chickens--it seems eggs are what I run out of the most.

Taz D
Jul 06 2011, 08:34 PM
I just won't be spending any money on the game and I could just cry about that. \

I don't trust facebook. They will NOT get my banking information to buy from them.

Second, it is WAY too much trouble to have to leave the house, go to a store, buy a gift card, then buy face book money just to finally buy something from the ONLY game I buy for.

I usually buy the one that gives you about 250 at a time, but I bought a good bit with the last update. I own all the pay facilities.

Is there NO recourse?

Seriously, nothing we can do?

So very sad.
Seriously, I bet farmtown has a pretty serious loss of revenue over this.

And unless facebook is taking a cut, what is in this for them?

So there has to be some sort of loss of money.

Again I HATE facebook to be as addicted to this game as I am. I think they will give our information out, and if they have banking information, they will not keep it secure.

I really wish I had bought some cash a day or two ago, and I would have if they had given us a heads up.

Guess I will have to make the hundred or so bucks I have last a long time, and I won't be buying any more super chickens--it seems eggs are what I run out of the most.
Unless you bought FC using Paypal from the top method on the old page, then FT was already losing a cut to Super Rewards for processing all the rest of the methods, so switching to Facebook should not be costing them anymore.
I can understand that there is always a chance of financial information being hacked, but this is true with any on-line transaction. Facebook has never reported any breach of financial information and by law they would have to report it. If you don't want to use them and don't want to use prepaid or cash cards then that is of course your decision. I just hate to see Farmtown have to suffer for no reason and because it is beyond their control.

lavanah
Jul 06 2011, 08:59 PM
Ok, so if we go through paypal to buy the credits why would facebook have our credit card. The way it was before farmtown would have had the information if it were available right? I have never had a problem buying farmcash with paypal before.

Taz D
Jul 06 2011, 09:05 PM
Ok, so if we go through paypal to buy the credits why would facebook have our credit card. The way it was before farmtown would have had the information if it were available right? I have never had a problem buying farmcash with paypal before.
Paypal does not share any account number of yours with anyone. The only thing that Facebook will have is your Paypal information so they can process with Paypal for your purchase.

Dakota P
Jul 06 2011, 09:12 PM
This week alone, I have lost 3 neighbors due to this farm cash deal. And I assure you more will follow. With this game, it is all about the new facilities and the big tools, when they can no longer purchase them, the fun has been taken away!!! I am hoping now when they release new fac's... and tools, please allow us to use coins and not all fc. I do not think that is asking to much, it is just a game!

tarawa
Jul 06 2011, 09:48 PM
I think what they are saying is that FB has your paypal username AND password.There is no reason FB should store that info,and if you use paypal,the smart thing to do would be to make sure you go back into FB and delete that info anytime you do.

Just fyi...with Zynga..at least fv..you can buy fc direct from your paypal and not go through FB.

Taz D
Jul 06 2011, 10:18 PM
I think what they are saying is that FB has your paypal username AND password.There is no reason FB should store that info,and if you use paypal,the smart thing to do would be to make sure you go back into FB and delete that info anytime you do.

Just fyi...with Zynga..at least fv..you can buy fc direct from your paypal and not go through FB.
What Facebook has of your Paypal information is just your username and not your password. When you buy through Paypal then a Pre-approved payment setting to allow them to charge your account without you having to log into Paypal and approve the payment each time. I am not happy with this, but have had the same thing with other merchants as well and have never gotten a charge through Paypal that I didn't initiate.
It really isn't going to matter how much we whine here and claim we are not going to buy any more Farm Cash, the only ones that are going to be hurt are Slashkey and those who no longer buy. There are plenty of ways to buy without giving Facebook your credit card information.

ETA: After further investigation with Paypal. All the merchant has is a unique account/ID number for automatically charging your Paypal account when you initiate a purchase. So they do not have your username or password for your Paypal.

CaroleSB
Jul 06 2011, 10:55 PM
I had a good experience buying 25FC and wanted to post in hopes others will report if they've been lucky as well.

1. Went to the "buy cash" tab in the game.
2. Chose 25 FC for $4.99, and chose to "pay with credits" (I didn't have any already).
3. Method of payment came up, and I chose PayPal.
4. Signed into PayPal and went though the normal PayPal process.
5. My account was charged $4.90 to purchase 49 FB credits that were automatically used to buy 25 FC (which is actually $.09 cheaper than the selection said).
6. Connected to the game and I had an added 25 FC and still no FB credits (which is good cause I didn't want any left over credits).

Luckily for me, it was as easy as when I purchased FC before the change and it saved me $.09 (won't buy much, but I like any savings :))

Hope I didn't just jinx my next purchase by posting a positive experience! :D

Farmer Homer
Jul 07 2011, 03:40 AM
I just used the new system and it was pretty painless. I used Pay Pal which I've always used to buy FC. The FC was immediately added to my account, I have no FB credits pending. The only difference is I got 2 e-mail confirmations, one from PayPal and one from FB.

Ok, now I'm ready for an update!

danielralph72au
Jul 07 2011, 05:30 AM
id rather go bk to normal and use my mobile fone or normal paypal(nt with credit card)

Taz D
Jul 07 2011, 01:42 PM
id rather go bk to normal and use my mobile fone or normal paypal(nt with credit card)
Unfortunately that is not possible. If you use the Buy Cash at the top of the game, then you can buy just the number of credits you need and they are directly converted to Farm Cash. This way you have no left over credits. You can use your mobile phone. Click on More payment options at bottom the list and you will see mobile phones with a dropdown list for country. Select your country and continue from there.

Angel70
Jul 07 2011, 02:02 PM
My problem is that Belgium isn't in that list. Still angry about that. Can't buy cash with my mobile anymore because of that.
Ah well, I still have the prepaid card.

Taz D
Jul 07 2011, 02:56 PM
My problem is that Belgium isn't in that list. Still angry about that. Can't buy cash with my mobile anymore because of that.
Ah well, I still have the prepaid card.
I saw Belguim in that dropdown list. You might want to check again.

Angel70
Jul 07 2011, 02:58 PM
It is???????? Gonna check right now. Hang on.

Angel70
Jul 07 2011, 02:59 PM
No it is not, Taz D, just checked.

WingmanFarm
Jul 09 2011, 06:58 PM
I had a good experience buying 25FC and wanted to post in hopes others will report if they've been lucky as well.

1. Went to the "buy cash" tab in the game.
2. Chose 25 FC for $4.99, and chose to "pay with credits" (I didn't have any already).
3. Method of payment came up, and I chose PayPal.
4. Signed into PayPal and went though the normal PayPal process.
5. My account was charged $4.90 to purchase 49 FB credits that were automatically used to buy 25 FC (which is actually $.09 cheaper than the selection said).
6. Connected to the game and I had an added 25 FC and still no FB credits (which is good cause I didn't want any left over credits).

Luckily for me, it was as easy as when I purchased FC before the change and it saved me $.09 (won't buy much, but I like any savings :))

Hope I didn't just jinx my next purchase by posting a positive experience! :D

I posted this elsewhere but I assume you paid by credit card.

Here is what I posted on another thread.

If you sign into your Paypal account and you do not have a credit card attached a pop up comes up telling you to add a credit card to proceed. There is no option to bypass this so if you have a credit card that is where they take your money..NOT THE REAL MONEY BALANCE.

If you have no credit card attached to your Paypal they say to add one..NO OTHER OPTIONS available.

So get a credit card or don't use Paypal...

ayah
Jul 10 2011, 10:42 PM
I don't understand WHY the tools have to be so expensive. If I buy the ones you want with Farm Cash, then I can't buy the facilities with Farm Cash. Why not keep the tools at 20 or 22 or lower?? Does it make that much difference to the developers? I know it would make a BIG difference to the players.

Don't feed the beggers
Jul 11 2011, 05:47 AM
I don't understand WHY the tools have to be so expensive. If I buy the ones you want with Farm Cash, then I can't buy the facilities with Farm Cash. Why not keep the tools at 20 or 22 or lower?? Does it make that much difference to the developers? I know it would make a BIG difference to the players.

why would/should they wanna take a pay cut? If they offered you $22 or $25 less an hr in your job would you continue working there???
There was a time that we could get free or cheap stuff in life...times have changed and that is no longer. Heck even garage sales are not as cheap as they were.

PatBart
Jul 11 2011, 09:04 AM
How does using this new FB credits to purchase something. I have followed the directions repeatedly and written messages but no luck. Did I just waste $10 to FB? Please......someone help me. Thank you so much....Pat Bartucca

Taz D
Jul 11 2011, 11:45 AM
How does using this new FB credits to purchase something. I have followed the directions repeatedly and written messages but no luck. Did I just waste $10 to FB? Please......someone help me. Thank you so much....Pat Bartucca
You have to convert those FB credits to Farm Cash. You can do this by clicking on the Buy Cash tab at the top of your farm.

ayah
Jul 11 2011, 07:04 PM
why would/should they wanna take a pay cut? If they offered you $22 or $25 less an hr in your job would you continue working there???
There was a time that we could get free or cheap stuff in life...times have changed and that is no longer. Heck even garage sales are not as cheap as they were.

Not sure that makes any sense, but...I am recovering from cancer surgery and Farmtown is my salvation. I love playing it - keeps me company - and I don't have the money right now to buy much....so I guess according to you, I don't need to buy anything. Ok - point made !

Don't feed the beggers
Jul 12 2011, 08:36 AM
Not sure that makes any sense, but...I am recovering from cancer surgery and Farmtown is my salvation. I love playing it - keeps me company - and I don't have the money right now to buy much....so I guess according to you, I don't need to buy anything. Ok - point made !

you don't need to buy anything to play, you can if you can or want to but it isn't necessary to play the game. What I meant was is that they have people willing to pay for the items, if the knocked the charges down, they would in turn be losing profit that they do make.

max_river
Jul 12 2011, 08:50 AM
you don't need to buy anything to play, you can if you can or want to but it isn't necessary to play the game. What I meant was is that they have people willing to pay for the items, if the knocked the charges down, they would in turn be losing profit that they do make.

well said i have some of the tools some i want buy feel like i need to do some of the work. my partner has none of the tools and she is doing very well in the game. so for folks to think you can not is not true. also why should they lower when people are willing to play prime rate they would be nuts to do so

Taz D
Jul 12 2011, 10:42 AM
I have used Paypal several times to purchase Farmcash when it was through Slashkey. Now that is through Facebook Credits, I am getting the error message to add a credit card. I have a Paypal smart connection credit card associated with my Paypal account. This morning I contacted Paypal. They seem to think the issue is through Facebook Credits. Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to run out of Farmcash.
Only Facebook and Paypal can help with that. If you have a bank account attached to the Paypal you can add your debit/credit card as an alternate payment method. That is the way I have mine set up and don't have any problems.

Taz D
Jul 12 2011, 10:57 AM
Bank account is attached to the Paypal as well as a smart connect credit card. When you replied "add debit/credit as a alternate payment method" are you referring to adding it though Paypal or Facebook or Farm Town?
Paypal. Having your card for the bank account as an alternate payment method will allow sale to go through because for some reason Facebook wants a credit card and the credit card part of your debit card satisfies their requirements.

PatBart
Jul 12 2011, 04:30 PM
This is my second post. I bought 105 credits through my credit card on paypal. The $10 was deducted from my acct. How in the h*** do I use these credits? They don't work when I go to the page to give me credits. I want to buy the oil refinery and I can't. I seriously need some guidance and help on this issue. I have looked all through the forums and there is no answer. I have posted this before and the answers have not helped. PLEASE....someone help me!! Thank you.

Taz D
Jul 12 2011, 04:41 PM
This is my second post. I bought 105 credits through my credit card on paypal. The $10 was deducted from my acct. How in the h*** do I use these credits? They don't work when I go to the page to give me credits. I want to buy the oil refinery and I can't. I seriously need some guidance and help on this issue. I have looked all through the forums and there is no answer. I have posted this before and the answers have not helped. PLEASE....someone help me!! Thank you.
Go to the Buy Cash at top of Farm. Select the amount of FC you want. In your case you want 55 FC. Check the Terms and agreements box and click on Pay with Credits. This will take you to the next page and will use your credits to purchase Farm Cash.

PatBart
Jul 12 2011, 06:58 PM
My Paypal account is connected to my savings account. Why would you need a debit/credit card? It shouldn't make any difference what account the money came out of. Do you have any suggestions as who to call to fix this? I want my oil refinery. FB needs to stop f***** around with things and leave them alone. If it isn't broke don't try to fix it.....greedy facebook....:)

Taz D
Jul 12 2011, 07:12 PM
My Paypal account is connected to my savings account. Why would you need a debit/credit card? It shouldn't make any difference what account the money came out of. Do you have any suggestions as who to call to fix this? I want my oil refinery. FB needs to stop f***** around with things and leave them alone. If it isn't broke don't try to fix it.....greedy facebook....:)
The post about needing a debit/credit card was not directed at you. There are several people in this thread asking questions.
For you I answered the way to convert FB credits to FC is to use the Buy Cash tab at the top of your farm.
First though did you get it fixed so you get past the first screen? When you click on buy with credits you should get a pop-up screen allowing the conversion. If you do not see this then you have trialpay.com blocked.
What browser are you using? This is needed to try to give you instructions for unblocking.

PatBart
Jul 12 2011, 07:48 PM
I allowed trialpay.com cookies through ie9 in the privacy settings. I do not get a pop up screen. When I click on buy with credits nothing happens. No pop-up no nothing. What to do?? I checked my savings account and the $10 was taken out.

Taz D
Jul 12 2011, 08:27 PM
I allowed trialpay.com cookies through ie9 in the privacy settings. I do not get a pop up screen. When I click on buy with credits nothing happens. No pop-up no nothing. What to do?? I checked my savings account and the $10 was taken out.
Check your Facebook account. (Credits Balance under Accounts.) That will tell you whether you have the credits which you should. Did you set IE 9 to allow the cookies or did you just clear the entry. If you just cleared it then it may have gotten blocked again.
Also, I may have missed this, in the Pop-up blocker just below the cookies settings is also a settings button. Click on that and add trialpay.com to the list there which will allow the pop-up to open.

Sqrl
Jul 13 2011, 05:19 AM

There's just an extra step in-between. Buy FB credits then use those to buy the Farm Cash. My problem is I don't have $20 to spend. I have always relied on level-up FC and on doing offers. Now under the FB credits system there are hardly any offers to do. So I am, well, screwed.

PatBart
Jul 13 2011, 06:45 AM
Still no luck Taz....even bought another $10 to see if I had done something wrong the first time. I checked my FB account and the credits are there....210 of them now and can't use them. Allowed popups and cookies and added the webside to my privacy settings. Makes no darn sense. I sent an email to slashkey asking for a refund. The problem is this makes it so I will never be able to buy anything. I think that FB is just being greedy and screwing with players. Oh well....if you can think of anything else that I can do, your help would be greatly appreciated.....Pat B

Tiger
Jul 13 2011, 07:03 AM
Still no luck Taz....even bought another $10 to see if I had done something wrong the first time. I checked my FB account and the credits are there....210 of them now and can't use them. Allowed popups and cookies and added the webside to my privacy settings. Makes no darn sense. I sent an email to slashkey asking for a refund. The problem is this makes it so I will never be able to buy anything. I think that FB is just being greedy and screwing with players. Oh well....if you can think of anything else that I can do, your help would be greatly appreciated.....Pat B

Hello Pat,

When you clicked on the Buy Cash tab at the top of your game screen, how many FC did you select to buy ? Make sure you are selecting the the correct one and have checked the box for "terms and service" before clicking on the "Pay with credits" button. If you've still got 210 FB credits, you should be able to buy up to 120FC.

Have you tried using another browser to buy the FC ?

Conni28
Jul 13 2011, 10:06 AM
Probably reached the maximum amount of FC for that option. It happened to me too.

PatBart
Jul 13 2011, 10:22 AM
Nope.....that wasn't it....I had to use Firefox for my browser and it worked...figure that one out. I have spent so much time on getting an answer and it is something in ie9. Thank you for your answer

Taz D
Jul 13 2011, 11:48 AM
Nope.....that wasn't it....I had to use Firefox for my browser and it worked...figure that one out. I have spent so much time on getting an answer and it is something in ie9. Thank you for your answer
In IE9 do you have Facebook. com listed in Pop-up Blocker settings. I just checked my laptop that has IE9 and that is the only site I have in the blocker to allow. I don't have trialpay.com listed at all in the cookies part so I am guessing I allowed those from the prompt without having to go into the settings and force it.
It is opening fine on that laptop and I get the pop up window to complete the action. You might want to try adding Facebook.com to the pop-up blocker list and see if it will work then.
I am glad you at least have another avenue to get your cash. Also next time you want to buy FC just go through the Buy Cash tab on the game and you will only have to purchase the amount of credits you need to complete the buy. That way you will not have leftover credits.

Amy M
Jul 14 2011, 02:10 PM

I'm not so sure about that. The tools are what? 40FC? If they knocked it down to 25FC more people would think that is acceptable and buy. Say twice as many people purchase...they earn 10 more, 3x 35 more etc. Mass marketing. You sell more at a lower price you still will end up making a bigger profit.

ayah
Jul 15 2011, 11:54 PM
Hi - I just placed an order at Old Navy for about $60.00 - I did it through EARN CASH and was suppose to get 60 credits. I have received the order confirmation - and I have rebooted and refreshed several times, but the credits are not showing up. Can you help me ?

Taz D
Jul 16 2011, 12:11 AM
Hi - I just placed an order at Old Navy for about $60.00 - I did it through EARN CASH and was suppose to get 60 credits. I have received the order confirmation - and I have rebooted and refreshed several times, but the credits are not showing up. Can you help me ?
You will have to take that up with Facebook and Trialpay. They are the ones who run that now.

New to This
Jul 16 2011, 10:31 AM
I have two problems with the Farm Cash request.
1. I accepted from a neighbor and worked her factories and harvested for her. I got 1 FC but did not get the 2 FC for the production. For the past 3 days, I keep getting the pop up asking me if I want to earn 2 FC. I accept, but, never get the 2 FC. And, I am not able to accept any offers from anyone else because each time I accept from someone else, I am STILL sent to the neighbor that originally sent me the FC request.
2. Since I have gotten in the loop with this particular neighbor, I no longer have the ability either through the strip acros the top or the cash challenge.
Can someone please help me?

New to This
Jul 16 2011, 10:33 AM
#348 Today, 10:31 AM
New to This Join Date: Jun 27 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have two problems with the Farm Cash request.
1. I accepted from a neighbor and worked her factories and harvested for her. I got 1 FC but did not get the 2 FC for the production. For the past 3 days, I keep getting the pop up asking me if I want to earn 2 FC. I accept, but, never get the 2 FC. And, I am not able to accept any offers from anyone else because each time I accept from someone else, I am STILL sent to the neighbor that originally sent me the FC request.
2. Since I have gotten in the loop with this particular neighbor, I no longer have the ability either through the strip acros the top or the cash challenge.
Can someone please help me?

SkatterbrainKid
Jul 17 2011, 08:29 AM
Under the old system, if you took advantage of one of Farm Town's marketing partner's offer (i.e. buy ink online, buy shoes, get a credit card, etc.), Farm Town TOLD you upfront how much in Farm Cash that would buy you. And you as a Farmer knew how much Farm Cash you needed to get that new Facility or Power Tool you needed to stay current or competitive.

Under the NEW system, you are not told in the offer from the marketing partner how much Farm Cash you will earn. You are told how many Face Book credits it will earn you. And for the uninitiated, there is an inclination to just assume that one Face Book credit will equal $1 in Farm Cash.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

There is a new CONVERSION ratio of Face Book Credits to Farm Cash which is not 1 to 1. And you are not TOLD what that conversion ratio is when you are offered the "deal" from the marketing partner to earn Face Book credits.

BUYER BEWARE

I' just spent $30 on a marketing partner "deal" that earned me 140 in Face Book credits. Then I discovered that because Farm Cash is sold only in blocks, the most I could use from my new cache of 140 Face Book credits was 99 credits which would get me $55 in Farm Cash, leaving me with 41 in remaining Face Book credits. But I can't used those 41 to buy more Farm Cash until I earn more Face Book credits to get to the first block purchase option. I would have gotten over twice as much in Farm Cash had I just purchased it outright versus spending money on a partner offer that I really did not need, at least at this moment.

Isn't this just a clever way for Farm Town to get Farmers to buy more things via manipulation of this Face Book to Farm Cash conversion ratio (that is not disclosed upfront at the purchase point) as well as a way to peddle the marketing partner's merchandise in ways that Farmer might not otherwise buy them? And by forcing Farmers to purchase blocks of Farm Cash versus individual increments, isn't this a ploy to get Farmers to spend their residual Face Book credits on other Face Book connected games or "deals"?

Do you feel ripped off by this new system?

FarmMeister
Jul 17 2011, 09:38 AM
This is at the very top of the Buy Cash page:

To comply with Facebook Policies we now require users to purchase FarmCash using Facebook Credits only. You can purchase Facebook Credits using many payment options including credit cards, PayPal and your mobile phone. The process is quick and secure. The amount of money you spend to buy FarmCash now it's the same as it was before. Click the 'Pay with Credits' button below to buy FarmCash with Facebook Credits.

FarmMeister
Jul 17 2011, 09:43 AM
Now, as far as the new system that Facebook forced the game makers to implement(so that they could get a bigger cut of the pie), I do think it does obfuscate, a bit, the issue of earning credits and their value to Farmtown.

However, on the flip side, it is actually a bit cheaper in real dollars to purchase farm cash now, using Facebook credits.

And, Facebook credits are usable in other games.

When I played Farmville, I earned a bunch of FV$ that I never used, because I stopped playing the game.

Overall, this probably works to the advantage of the players, and that nothing for FT's revenue stream.

Annee H
Jul 17 2011, 09:50 AM
Where do you go to "earn" or take advantage of these marketing deals because I only have a buy cash tab? I do not have an earn cash tab.

SkatterbrainKid
Jul 17 2011, 10:19 AM
There may be different ways to get to the section to earn Face Book credits but here is one:

In the upper right hand corner of your page where it shows how many Face Book credits you have, click on "More Info".

On the next screen, click on the blue button link at the bottom that says, "Get Credits".

On the next screen, click on "More Payment Options".

That screen will expand and you will see where you can check "Earn Credits". Chose that option, then press "Continue", and then the marketing partner offers will appear.

Note that under the previous system, these marketing partner offers were listed on the same page BELOW the section where you could purchase Farm Cash and Farm Coin with cash dollars via credit card, Paypal, etc. In my opinion, this new system has somewhat "buried" the marketing partner offers in more layers to get there. I also notice far fewer partner offers than before which limits selection, and so I ask, "Is this an IMPROVEMENT over the old system, or a scaling down on our options and the simplicity (without conversion factors to consider) of the previous system?"

FarmMeister
Jul 17 2011, 10:53 AM
On FT, I have an Earn Cash button next to the Buy Cash button. Also, on the Buy Cash page, there is a really big green buttons that says "View Special Offers".

Finding these offers are not hard to do.

But, Slashkey had no choice in this, if they wanted to stay on Facebook; it was mandated by Facebook.

If you have complaints or suggestions related to the required use of Facebook credits for games that are accessed through Facebook, you may want to direct them to Facebook and Trialpay.

I do notice a difference in the offers; some for good and some for bad. I have not see the App of Day, which was nice for it both gave you FC and you sometimes found a new fun game to try; so I miss that. But, I think there may be less scam offers through this.

And, there are some surveys it appears you do multiple times. I just did something that involved google and searches.

I am neither a fan nor detractor of the Facebook credits. Once I have more experience with it, I will reserve that judgement.

SkatterbrainKid
Jul 17 2011, 12:31 PM
To FarmMeister:

You say that next to your "Buy Cash" key in Farm Town you also have an "Earn Cash" key? And that on the page where one can buy Farm Cash, there is a big green button one can press to see Partner Offers to earn Face Book credits?

Neither of such buttons or keys appear on my Farm Town screens using either the Internet Explorer or the Google Chrome browser. Might there be different versions of Farm Town we are looking at? Which browser are you using? But let us not confuse other Farmers into believing these Earn Cash or Partner Offer buttons you refer to are seen universally. Something is going on with different versions of Farm Town, or perhaps browsers, or something else. I'm hoping someone who can shed more light on this topic will post here to illuminate the answer for all of us.

Taz D
Jul 17 2011, 01:48 PM
To FarmMeister:

You say that next to your "Buy Cash" key in Farm Town you also have an "Earn Cash" key? And that on the page where one can buy Farm Cash, there is a big green button one can press to see Partner Offers to earn Face Book credits?

Neither of such buttons or keys appear on my Farm Town screens using either the Internet Explorer or the Google Chrome browser. Might there be different versions of Farm Town we are looking at? Which browser are you using? But let us not confuse other Farmers into believing these Earn Cash or Partner Offer buttons you refer to are seen universally. Something is going on with different versions of Farm Town, or perhaps browsers, or something else. I'm hoping someone who can shed more light on this topic will post here to illuminate the answer for all of us.
I don't have the Earn Cash button either, but my wife does. Looks to me like it hasn't been rolled out to all servers yet, for some reason. However the explanation from Skatterbrainkid shows how to get to it if you don't have that tab yet on top of farm.

JAS0643
Jul 17 2011, 02:42 PM
Under the old system, if you took advantage of one of Farm Town's marketing partner's offer (i.e. buy ink online, buy shoes, get a credit card, etc.), Farm Town TOLD you upfront how much in Farm Cash that would buy you. And you as a Farmer knew how much Farm Cash you needed to get that new Facility or Power Tool you needed to stay current or competitive.

Under the NEW system, you are not told in the offer from the marketing partner how much Farm Cash you will earn. You are told how many Face Book credits it will earn you. And for the uninitiated, there is an inclination to just assume that one Face Book credit will equal $1 in Farm Cash.

There is a new CONVERSION ratio of Face Book Credits to Farm Cash which is not 1 to 1. And you are not TOLD what that conversion ratio is when you are offered the "deal" from the marketing partner to earn Face Book credits.

BUYER BEWARE

I' just spent $30 on a marketing partner "deal" that earned me 140 in Face Book credits. Then I discovered that because Farm Cash is sold only in blocks, the most I could use from my new cache of 140 Face Book credits was 99 credits which would get me $55 in Farm Cash, leaving me with 41 in remaining Face Book credits. But I can't used those 41 to buy more Farm Cash until I earn more Face Book credits to get to the first block purchase option. I would have gotten over twice as much in Farm Cash had I just purchased it outright versus spending money on a partner offer that I really did not need, at least at this moment.

Isn't this just a clever way for Farm Town to get Farmers to buy more things via manipulation of this Face Book to Farm Cash conversion ratio (that is not disclosed upfront at the purchase point) as well as a way to peddle the marketing partner's merchandise in ways that Farmer might not otherwise buy them? And by forcing Farmers to purchase blocks of Farm Cash versus individual increments, isn't this a ploy to get Farmers to spend their residual Face Book credits on other Face Book connected games or "deals"?

If a persons looks at what they are doing before they do it there is no hidden conversion at all going on. One fb credit equals $.10 that is very easy to fine out if you just stop and look at what you are doing before you do it. People need to look before they leap, if you are going to spend real money on an offer you need to read everything closely and make sure you know what you are doing fist all the information is there and easy to find and understand.

Now, as far as the new system that Facebook forced the game makers to implement(so that they could get a bigger cut of the pie), I do think it does obfuscate, a bit, the issue of earning credits and their value to Farmtown.

However, on the flip side, it is actually a bit cheaper in real dollars to purchase farm cash now, using Facebook credits.

And, Facebook credits are usable in other games.

When I played Farmville, I earned a bunch of FV$ that I never used, because I stopped playing the game.

Overall, this probably works to the advantage of the players, and that nothing for FT's revenue stream.

Several people keep going on and on about how fb credit are cheaper then buying the fc out right, while that is technically true, the reality is it is only $.09 cheaper to use fb credits. WOW what ever will I do with that $.09 that I am saving. I don't even think that will buy me a piece of gum anymore. :rolleyes:

SkatterbrainKid
Jul 17 2011, 05:14 PM
In Response to Post by JAS:

While with exasperated tone you charge that the conversion ratio can be determined if the buyer would just "look", you are missing the main point and that is that the new system TAKES MORE STEPS to figure out just exactly what it is that you are getting when you spend real cash to get FB credits to in turn buy a package of FT cash offered at different tier levels.

The more user-friendly way would be for the Partner Offer to state the exchange rate (i.e. 140 FB Credits = 99 FT Cash + 41 residual FB Credits) in the actual offer versus assuming the buyer will take extra steps to figure it out for themselves. But they don't do that which is my point -- This could be simpler and more upfront if they would give full disclosure versus assuming people will figure these conversion rates in their heads (or just not care and end up spending more than they planned.)

This FB Credits for FT Cash system is new and looks similar to foreign exchange rates, and as anyone who travels knows, different merchants will charge you a different exchange rate in their store. So the question becomes whether the same FB Credits for FT Cash exchange rate is used for ALL the Partner Offers? Or does the exchange rate move around depending on which Partner is offering what?

That's a valid question, but if it is always a set exchange rate, then such rate should also be clearly posted at the top of the Partner Offers menu or somewhere so every Farmer who goes through this process doesn't have to navigate through numerous screens just to find a simple answer that the game designers could post upfront. People like to know the REAL price of what they are buying, calibrated in the currency they know best.

I also think it is bogus to leave Farmers stuck with FB Credits in an exchange transaction that they can't really use until they buy more to level up to the minimum purchase tier which is 49 FB Credits to get 25 FT Dollars. In the transaction I experienced, I spent $30 in a Partner Offer for 140 FB Credits which qualified me to purchase no more than 55 FT Dollars with 99 FB Credits since the next package of 120 FB Dollars required 199 FB Credits, or 59 more FB Credits than I had just bought (i.e. 199 - 140 = 59). So with my left over 41 FB Credits, I can't buy any more FT Dollars until I come up with another 8 FB Credits to reach 49 FB Credits, qualifying me for the minimum FT Dollar purchase of a package of 25 for 49 FB Credits. But just like I don't like carrying around residual foreign currency I can't really use, I don't want a bunch of residual FB Credits burning a hole in my pocket to spend elsewhere but Farm Town since that's the only FB connected game I play.

And that exchange rate at 1.96 FB Credits to the FT Dollar (or $0.20 per FT Dollar) at Tier 1 is more expensive than the exchange rate I originally bought into which was 1.80 FB Credits (or $0.18) to the FT Dollar at Tier 2. Splitting purchases between tiers is expensive and confusing, which is my point.

This is a PROGRESSIVE exchange rate system, i.e. the more FT Dollars you buy, the cheaper they are in terms of real dollars spent. And that is confusing enough when you have to convert real dollars to FT Dollars. But now add another layer of FB Credits in order to get from real dollars to FT Dollars, and you have not just complexity, but room for manipulation of the exchange rate (i.e. real dollars to FB Credits) between Partner Offers.

My point is that it doesn't smell like a square deal to me and has turned trying to figure out what I'm buying into a semi-complicated foreign exchange transaction -- and that's WORK now...not FUN. This game is supposed to be about FUN. I think either the designers have gone too far in making a scheme more complex than it needs to be, or the SlashKey people don't have enough pull with the Face Book people to keep Farm Town SIMPLE for Farm Town players.

But for purposes of full disclosure, here is a table of the conversion rates between real US dollars (cents) and Face Book Credits (FBC) and Farm Town Dollars/Cash (FTD), based on the 4 packages of FT Cash or Tiers offered:

Tier 1: 25 FTD = 49 FBC = $4.99 which is 1.96 FBC or 20 cents per FTD

Tier 2: 55 FTD = 99 FBC = $9.99 which is 1.80 FBC or 18 cents per FTD

Tier 3: 120 FTD = 199 FBC = $19.99 which is 1.66 FBC or 17 cents per FTD

Tier 4: 250 FTD = 1.60 FBC = $39.99 which is 1.60 FBC or 16 cents per FTD

Now everyone memorize this table and be prepared for a quiz at next class session (smiles).

Hope this clarifies my point AND provides insight as to real conversion prices.

JAS0643
Jul 17 2011, 05:56 PM

While with exasperated tone you charge that the conversion ratio can be determined if the buyer would just "look", you are missing the main point and that is that the new system TAKES MORE STEPS to figure out just exactly what it is that you are getting when you spend real cash to get FB credits to in turn buy a package of FT cash offered at different tier levels.

The more user-friendly way would be for the Partner Offer to state the exchange rate (i.e. 140 FB Credits = 99 FT Cash + 41 residual FB Credits) in the actual offer versus assuming the buyer will take extra steps to figure it out for themselves. But they don't do that which is my point -- This could be simpler and more upfront if they would give full disclosure versus assuming people will figure these conversion rates in their heads (or just not care and end up spending more than they planned.)

I have not read your whole post and I don't really care to. If the buyer looks and see that 1 fb credit is not equal to one fc which is easy to do if you go to buy fc from the game. You can click on buy without having to buy anything. You will quickly see that one fb credit has a value of $.10 not one fc. Ft did not make this change fb made them and other apps switch over to using fb credits which means that the reward system that was in place before can no longer be used to get fc. If you are going to spend money on an offer when you don't really need that item at this time you need to make sure you are getting a good deal for your money. If you are not getting a good deal for your money then look at other offers or buy the cash out right. It really is that simple. Even under the old offers I only spent money 2 or 3 times for offers and it was money I was going to be spending anyway I just took advantage of an offer to get fc.

This is from the fb help center about fb credits.

How much can I redeem a Facebook Credit for?

One Facebook Credit is currently valued at $0.10 USD ($1.00 USD = 10 Facebook Credits). Facebook redeems Facebook Credits at the rate of $0.10 per Credit, minus a service fee of $0.03 per Credit redeemed.

slv53
Jul 17 2011, 06:26 PM
I have 126 FB credits and want to use them on my Farm Town account. How can I transfer them to FT? Any help is very appreciated!!!

JAS0643
Jul 17 2011, 08:13 PM
I have 126 FB credits and want to use them on my Farm Town account. How can I transfer them to FT? Any help is very appreciated!!!

Click on buy cash at the top of the game. Choose the package of fc you want to buy. The 126 credits will get the the 55fc packages and leave you 27 credits if you go with the 120 fc package you will need to buy 73 more credits. If you go with this options the pop up will ask you to buy 80 more credits that will cost you $8.00 USD. This will leave you with 7 credits left for the next time you buy fc.

FarmMeister
Jul 17 2011, 08:21 PM
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy]Several people keep going on and on about how fb credit are cheaper then buying the fc out right, while that is technically true, the reality is it is only $.09 cheaper to use fb credits. WOW what ever will I do with that $.09 that I am saving. I don't even think that will buy me a piece of gum anymore. :rolleyes:

Hence, why I said "a bit cheaper".

I certainly did not imply that the savings were earth shattering or enough to pay for my next cruise to the Caribbean.

This is especially important when taken in the context of what I was replying to.

FarmMeister
Jul 17 2011, 08:32 PM
SkatterbrainKid,

I am using Firefox 5. Not sure if there is an issue with browsers, a roll out to the servers, or user related.

For a while, when Slashkey was still with Super Rewards, I lost all of my offers. This, I believe was related to Super Rewards and not Slashkey. Eventually, I did get offers back, but I was without them for over a month.

I did read through most of your other post, and the there are a few issues.

First, FB credits are not managed or offered by Slashkey. Since FB credits can be used for any game, attempts to show an FB credit's value for a particular game would not always be useful. And, since you can purchase different amount of FC at a different rate of return, showing an in game value for a particular offer would be less meaningful.

In short, there is not really anything Slashkey can do about this, other close shop and try to operate outside of Facebook.

Taz D
Jul 17 2011, 10:02 PM

This FB Credits for FT Cash system is new and looks similar to foreign exchange rates, and as anyone who travels knows, different merchants will charge you a different exchange rate in their store. So the question becomes whether the same FB Credits for FT Cash exchange rate is used for ALL the Partner Offers? Or does the exchange rate move around depending on which Partner is offering what?

That's a valid question, but if it is always a set exchange rate, then such rate should also be clearly posted at the top of the Partner Offers menu or somewhere so every Farmer who goes through this process doesn't have to navigate through numerous screens just to find a simple answer that the game designers could post upfront. People like to know the REAL price of what they are buying, calibrated in the currency they know best.

I also think it is bogus to leave Farmers stuck with FB Credits in an exchange transaction that they can't really use until they buy more to level up to the minimum purchase tier which is 49 FB Credits to get 25 FT Dollars. In the transaction I experienced, I spent $30 in a Partner Offer for 140 FB Credits which qualified me to purchase no more than 55 FT Dollars with 99 FB Credits since the next package of 120 FB Dollars required 199 FB Credits, or 59 more FB Credits than I had just bought (i.e. 199 - 140 = 59). So with my left over 41 FB Credits, I can't buy any more FT Dollars until I come up with another 8 FB Credits to reach 49 FB Credits, qualifying me for the minimum FT Dollar purchase of a package of 25 for 49 FB Credits. But just like I don't like carrying around residual foreign currency I can't really use, I don't want a bunch of residual FB Credits burning a hole in my pocket to spend elsewhere but Farm Town since that's the only FB connected game I play.

And that exchange rate at 1.96 FB Credits to the FT Dollar (or $0.20 per FT Dollar) at Tier 1 is more expensive than the exchange rate I originally bought into which was 1.80 FB Credits (or $0.18) to the FT Dollar at Tier 2. Splitting purchases between tiers is expensive and confusing, which is my point.

This is a PROGRESSIVE exchange rate system, i.e. the more FT Dollars you buy, the cheaper they are in terms of real dollars spent. And that is confusing enough when you have to convert real dollars to FT Dollars. But now add another layer of FB Credits in order to get from real dollars to FT Dollars, and you have not just complexity, but room for manipulation of the exchange rate (i.e. real dollars to FB Credits) between Partner Offers.

My point is that it doesn't smell like a square deal to me and has turned trying to figure out what I'm buying into a semi-complicated foreign exchange transaction -- and that's WORK now...not FUN. This game is supposed to be about FUN. I think either the designers have gone too far in making a scheme more complex than it needs to be, or the SlashKey people don't have enough pull with the Face Book people to keep Farm Town SIMPLE for Farm Town players.

But for purposes of full disclosure, here is a table of the conversion rates between real US dollars (cents) and Face Book Credits (FBC) and Farm Town Dollars/Cash (FTD), based on the 4 packages of FT Cash or Tiers offered:

Tier 1: 25 FTD = 49 FBC = $4.99 which is 1.96 FBC or 20 cents per FTD

Tier 2: 55 FTD = 99 FBC = $9.99 which is 1.80 FBC or 18 cents per FTD

Tier 3: 120 FTD = 199 FBC = $19.99 which is 1.66 FBC or 17 cents per FTD

Tier 4: 250 FTD = 1.60 FBC = $39.99 which is 1.60 FBC or 16 cents per FTD

Now everyone memorize this table and be prepared for a quiz at next class session (smiles).

Hope this clarifies my point AND provides insight as to real conversion prices.
The Facebook credits and the Partner Offers are solely operated by Facebook for ALL the games and apps on Facebook. Slashkey doesn't have any control over any of that. If you want to complain about it, then post it in Facebook's Help Center, because they won't see it here.

hawaiin kris
Jul 18 2011, 09:45 PM
Can more of this or something similiar be done so the ones like me with little income and willing to work to earn farmcash??

Jean Maxwell
Jul 19 2011, 03:05 AM
Don't know if this is relevant with the latest info on Facebook Credits being used as currency and gift cards on all Facebook Games as of July 1, 2011. Supposedly, ONE Facebook Credit is equal to 10 cents in US$ so a $9.99 purchase of 55 Farm Cash or 16,000 Coins should cost approximately 100 Facebook Credits. I have a friend who couldn't buy the 55 Farm Cash yesterday and we couldn't find out the reason so I looked up any problems with Facebook Credits being applied to games as "currency" on the internet. Number one fix: You HAVE to use Internet Explorer. Other fixes include clearing your cache or turn off your computer and then restart it. One of the biggest questions will most likely be this one:

I made a successful Facebook Credits payment to an application but I am having an issue receiving the virtual good/service I paid for. How do I report this issue to the developer?
To notify a developer of a potential issue receiving a good/service, please find the 'Report' link on the bottom of the application's main page, and follow these steps:

1) Click the 'Report' link
2) Click 'Credit Issues' in the pop-up box that appears
3) Choose 'Dispute a Payment'
4) Select the recent order you have not received or are unsatisfied with
5) Write a description of your issue in the section provided

This message will be forwarded directly to the application in question. The application will be responsible for responding to your message and resolving your dispute.

This is a direct quote from the Facebook Help site about Facebook Credits.

STILL having problems? Put it down and maybe the hive mind of Farm Town can help...

RIAP27
Jul 19 2011, 10:20 AM
I went to purchase my monthly allotment of Farmcash and found I had to go through facebook credits? I found it VERY disturbing that they were able to access my PayPal account WITHOUT me logging into it. PLEASE direct me to the proper folks so i can discuss this.This bothered me a great deal.

JAS0643
Jul 19 2011, 12:38 PM
I went to purchase my monthly allotment of Farmcash and found I had to go through facebook credits? I found it VERY disturbing that they were able to access my PayPal account WITHOUT me logging into it. PLEASE direct me to the proper folks so i can discuss this.This bothered me a great deal.

That would be facebook. Fabebook does not have your user name and password for paypal there is just a connection set up between the two so you don't have to take the step of logging in each time you buy fb credits.

Sal Fantasia
Jul 19 2011, 02:44 PM
That would be facebook. Fabebook does not have your user name and password for paypal there is just a connection set up between the two so you don't have to take the step of logging in each time you buy fb credits.

Sorry but I have to disagree. I have been a PayPal member since 2002 because I have a gift website and I use PayPal checkout so I am quite familiar with the PayPal procedures. The first time I bought Facebook credits thru PayPal it took me to my PayPal login page where I entered my password and purchased the credits. Everything went fine. About three weeks later I needed to by a few more and when I went to the link it accessed my PayPal account without requiring my password. This wasn't acceptable to me so I immediately went to PayPal and changed my password. I inquired from PayPal and they told me that the only way that could have happened is if Facebook saved my PayPal login information, since PayPal closes and deletes all login data as soon as their clients exit the site. My suggestion: After you use your PayPal account to pay for Facebook credits immediately change your PayPal password.

Sal Fantasia

MY FARMS

Taz D
Jul 19 2011, 02:57 PM
Sorry but I have to disagree. I have been a PayPal member since 2002 because I have a gift website and I use PayPal checkout so I am quite familiar with the PayPal procedures. The first time I bought Facebook credits thru PayPal it took me to my PayPal login page where I entered my password and purchased the credits. Everything went fine. About three weeks later I needed to by a few more and when I went to the link it accessed my PayPal account without requiring my password. This wasn't acceptable to me so I immediately went to PayPal and changed my password. I inquired from PayPal and they told me that the only way that could have happened is if Facebook saved my PayPal login information, since PayPal closes and deletes all login data as soon as their clients exit the site. My suggestion: After you use your PayPal account to pay for Facebook credits immediately change your PayPal password.

Sal Fantasia

MY FARMS
Have you bought any more after you changed your password? I made the mistake in cancelling my wife's preferred payment entry for Facebook and now she cannot use Paypal to purchase credits. Have not been able to solve this as Paypal says we have to contact Facebook and no word back from Facebook.

Sal Fantasia
Jul 19 2011, 03:30 PM
Have you bought any more after you changed your password? I made the mistake in cancelling my wife's preferred payment entry for Facebook and now she cannot use Paypal to purchase credits. Have not been able to solve this as Paypal says we have to contact Facebook and no word back from Facebook.

Well I am sorry but I have to retract my last statement. It seems that Facebook and PayPal have a point to point transaction relationship. PayPal has these types of relationships with many companies which makes it possible for them to sell goods and services to other PayPal members without requiring logins for each transaction. It works just like the subscriptions except that they are not recurring transactions but they automatically get approved until the PayPal member notifies PayPal that it no longer has a business relationship with that company. I just bought $10 worth of credits and it didn't require the new password. The fact that this occured after I changed my password also tells me the password is not stored anywhere on the Facebook site. I stand corrected. On another note I have never had any type of payment entry account with Facebook.

Sal Fantasia

MY FARMS

Taz D
Jul 19 2011, 05:08 PM
Well I am sorry but I have to retract my last statement. It seems that Facebook and PayPal have a point to point transaction relationship. PayPal has these types of relationships with many companies which makes it possible for them to sell goods and services to other PayPal members without requiring logins for each transaction. It works just like the subscriptions except that they are not recurring transactions but they automatically get approved until the PayPal member notifies PayPal that it no longer has a business relationship with that company. I just bought $10 worth of credits and it didn't require the new password. The fact that this occured after I changed my password also tells me the password is not stored anywhere on the Facebook site. I stand corrected. On another note I have never had any type of payment entry account with Facebook.

Sal Fantasia

MY FARMS
Thanks Sal. Actually you did establish an approved payment with Facebook the first time you bought credits. That is the way they set it up. I found I had the same thing set up automatically with TigerDirect for computer parts and didn't know they had done that one either.

Sal Fantasia
Jul 19 2011, 05:17 PM
Thanks Sal. Actually you did establish an approved payment with Facebook the first time you bought credits. That is the way they set it up. I found I had the same thing set up automatically with TigerDirect for computer parts and didn't know they had done that one either.
Ahh Now I understand. I also have the same arrangement with Newegg and Buy.com. Most every other place I deal with online I use my PayPal Mastercard which is directly backed by my bank account. The good thing about that is the cash back bonus I get. Oh well I guess if PayPal trusts Facebook to get into that kind of arrangement they can't be all that bad.
Thanks for the Heads up.

Sal Fantasia

MY FARMS

Angel70
Jul 20 2011, 04:47 AM
About a year ago, I opened a 'click and buy' account to buy FC. I usually buy cash with a prepaid card, but last week I was informed that there was still money on my 'click and buy' account. I never used it anymore after that first time I bought some cash through it, so, I was pretty happy to notice that there was still some money left on it. I went to buy myself some farmcash and what do you know. St***d facebook doesn't work with click and buy,(slashkey did, facebook doesn't for some weird reason) in other words, I can't buy myself fc or credits with my click and buy account. Now there is sitting about 10 euro's on that account and I can't do anything with it. Not a happy camper now :(

Taz D
Jul 20 2011, 10:34 AM
About a year ago, I opened a 'click and buy' account to buy FC. I usually buy cash with a prepaid card, but last week I was informed that there was still money on my 'click and buy' account. I never used it anymore after that first time I bought some cash through it, so, I was pretty happy to notice that there was still some money left on it. I went to buy myself some farmcash and what do you know. St***d facebook doesn't work with click and buy,(slashkey did, facebook doesn't for some weird reason) in other words, I can't buy myself fc or credits with my click and buy account. Now there is sitting about 10 euro's on that account and I can't do anything with it. Not a happy camper now :(
Check there FAQs and see if there is a way you can move that money back to your bank account. I bet there is. I use Paypal and I know I can do that which this is the same kind of service.

Angel70
Jul 20 2011, 02:22 PM
I can transfer the money back, Taz, but that is gonna cost me 1,85 euro's. Since the minimum amount to transfer is 10 euro's and there is only 10 euro's on the click and buy account, I can't make the transfer unless I put 2 euro's on that account in order to get it back. How crazy is that?

Soozy
Jul 20 2011, 02:42 PM
Has the Daily Lottery coins been shut off?
I haven't seen that in about 3-4 days at least, same with a friend.
Sorry if I missed another thread that may include this question.

Taz D
Jul 20 2011, 04:38 PM
Has the Daily Lottery coins been shut off?
I haven't seen that in about 3-4 days at least, same with a friend.
Sorry if I missed another thread that may include this question.
It is still randomly appearing. Apparently they have not gotten it fixed to be everyday or they have decided to leave it as random. It is a "lottery" after all. :D

Taz D
Jul 20 2011, 04:38 PM
I can transfer the money back, Taz, but that is gonna cost me 1,85 euro's. Since the minimum amount to transfer is 10 euro's and there is only 10 euro's on the click and buy account, I can't make the transfer unless I put 2 euro's on that account in order to get it back. How crazy is that?
Everybody has got to get their fingers in the pie...:(

tatty1
Jul 20 2011, 04:58 PM
I find it much easier to buy Facebook credit cards, they are available from several stores in the UK including GAME and I believe in other countries. The card is activated in the store and you enter the bar code on the game you want and it is done

pearly65
Jul 20 2011, 09:56 PM
I have contaced the tech support because I have 140 facebook credits, however when I try to buy farmtown cash it doesn't do anything when I hit the agree button and facebook credits???????????????????? What is going on I bought facebook credits specifically to buy farmtown cash and I am not getting any answers at all. jmorris24@verizon.net

Valdoe
Jul 20 2011, 10:30 PM

BUYER BEWARE

Yea.. the problem is that it was NOT farmtown that made the change... Facebook forced farmtown that all credits must go through Facebook. ..

maybe farmtown will tell us that 1 FC= FB$ ?????

Taz D
Jul 20 2011, 10:36 PM
I have contaced the tech support because I have 140 facebook credits, however when I try to buy farmtown cash it doesn't do anything when I hit the agree button and facebook credits???????????????????? What is going on I bought facebook credits specifically to buy farmtown cash and I am not getting any answers at all. jmorris24@verizon.net
It can take a while for them to answer your ticket, depending on how many tickets they have and that can be as much as a couple weeks for them to get back to you.
Did you happen to block trialpay.com from cookies? I made that mistake the first time I tried to purchase and had to go back and correct that. If you are using Internet Explorer then go to Tools/Options and select privacy tab. On that tab select Sites and look in list to make sure trialpay.com is not listed as blocked. If it is remove that from the list. Then type in trialpay.com at the top and select Allow.

SkatterbrainKid
Jul 21 2011, 10:13 AM
Are you saying that it takes the Farm Town Support group two weeks to respond to requests for assistance? Or the Facebook Support group that amount of time?

And where can one even get in touch with the Facebook Support people? They have a Help area with no ways listed for contacting them for support.

I purchased ink online through one of the marketing partners of either Farm Town or Facebook and was supposed to receive 140 Facebook credits but have received NOTHING...and had ZERO RESPONSE from the Support Group at Farm Town / Slashkey.

This system is not working! No accountability. No response to customer inquiries. Promises, Promises, Promises but NO ACTION...except to make you bogus offers they won't follow through on when you comply with all their requirements, send them money as required, and they just ignore you.

This "partnership" between Farm Town / Slashkey and Facebook is looking more and more like the "Headless Horseman."

BUYER BEWARE.

Customer Service and Support is Not Paying Attention

hattie
Jul 21 2011, 12:27 PM
As a very regular play of the game i think it would be a good intensive to players if you could award $ for farmers that play on a regular basis OR if they complete tasks. I am now stuck on $59 with no hope of additional $ until you add more levels. You are adding new facilities all the time and feel like i am being left behind the game play because i can not increase my $. :(

Taz D
Jul 21 2011, 02:03 PM
Are you saying that it takes the Farm Town Support group two weeks to respond to requests for assistance? Or the Facebook Support group that amount of time?

And where can one even get in touch with the Facebook Support people? They have a Help area with no ways listed for contacting them for support.

I purchased ink online through one of the marketing partners of either Farm Town or Facebook and was supposed to receive 140 Facebook credits but have received NOTHING...and had ZERO RESPONSE from the Support Group at Farm Town / Slashkey.

This system is not working! No accountability. No response to customer inquiries. Promises, Promises, Promises but NO ACTION...except to make you bogus offers they won't follow through on when you comply with all their requirements, send them money as required, and they just ignore you.

This "partnership" between Farm Town / Slashkey and Facebook is looking more and more like the "Headless Horseman."

BUYER BEWARE.

Customer Service and Support is Not Paying Attention
I am saying Farmtown Support can take two weeks. That is not say it will but that it can be depending on how many tickets they have.

As far as Facebook answering you I have no idea how long they can take. I just checked and there is a Help in the Earn Credits part (where you found the ink purchase). When you click on Help there is a Check Your Offer Status with a link to that page. According to their text you can contact them about problems from that page as well. My guess is this is a contact to TrialPay which is the company that handles all of Facebooks credits transactions. This would be the "replacement" for Super Rewards that Farmtown was using before this change.

Facebook support itself is very well hidden in their help section I know as we have a problem with Paypal for my wife. It took me a couple hours digging to find a form I could have her send to Facebook about the problem. That was 3 weeks ago and so far no word from them.

Unfortunately as I said before Slashkey had no choice in this as is the case for every game on Facebook. My guess is that your support ticket to Slashkey was probably forwarded to Facebook as they have no control over any of those transactions.

I feel your pain, but you are complaining to/about the wrong people. This is not a partnership between the parties but a dictatorship by Facebook. The players of all the App and Games on Facebook are the ones who seem to have to suffer.

Taz D
Jul 21 2011, 02:16 PM
Yea.. the problem is that it was NOT farmtown that made the change... Facebook forced farmtown that all credits must go through Facebook. ..

maybe farmtown will tell us that 1 FC= FB$ ?????
I agree that the Buy Cash page needs to be changed. Instead of showing dollar values they need to change it the how many credits it costs for X amount of FC. Keep in mind it is not a set amount of exchange. If you buy 25 FC then you pay 49 FBC or 1.96 FBC for 1 FC. If you buy 250 FC then it is 1.6 FBC per 1 FC. In other words the more you buy the less FBC it costs per FC.

Angel70
Jul 21 2011, 03:21 PM
Facebook messed things up for us players buying the farmcash, that is all that I can say about it. I can't use my mobile phone to buy farmcash anymore because Beglium isn't in their list. It is not because I live in a small country that I don't count.
And I'm still upset about those 10 euro's sitting in my click and buy account and I can't do anything with that because facebook doesn't use that either.
Still not a happy camper :(

Taz D
Jul 21 2011, 03:37 PM
Facebook messed things up for us players buying the farmcash, that is all that I can say about it. I can't use my mobile phone to buy farmcash anymore because Beglium isn't in their list. It is not because I live in a small country that I don't count.
And I'm still upset about those 10 euro's sitting in my click and buy account and I can't do anything with that because facebook doesn't use that either.
Still not a happy camper :(
Angel I am confused. If I go to Credit balance under Account in Facebook, choose mobile phone as my option a box shows up under that with country list and I see Belguim in that list.

Angel70
Jul 21 2011, 03:42 PM
No it is not Taz and now I'm confused because it is really not in my list. That is so weird.

Taz D
Jul 21 2011, 05:22 PM
No it is not Taz and now I'm confused because it is really not in my list. That is so weird.
Did you scroll back to the top of the list? I think the United States is the default but it is at the bottom of the list with Belguim way up at the top of the list.

Farmer Kate 52
Jul 23 2011, 12:25 PM
I don't like the fact that I have to jump through hoops to buy Farm cash now that I have to go via Facebook. It was so easy when I could just go to Walgreens and buy a card from Zeevex and then come to my farm and key in the pin from the card in the right spot. Now I have to either get a prepaid credit card or find a store that sells the facebook prepaid cards and if I go the facebook card route how can I be sure that the facebook credits that I buy with a facebook prepaid card will go to Farm Town? When I go to check the steps I need to take to apply that card. All I see is how to do it for a credit card no where do I see a place to click if your using the facebook prepaid card. There is stuff I"d love to buy but, truth be told, I'm scared I"ll do something wrong and lose the money. I don't have alot to lose these days. I see a spot to click to earn facebook credits. That's not what I want to do. IF I buy a facebook prepaid card, how can I make sure that money goes to farm town when I can not go to farm town, click on buy cash and then click a button that sayes apply facebook prepaid card.:( then follow the steps and key in the pin from the card. :(

Taz D
Jul 23 2011, 01:54 PM
I don't like the fact that I have to jump through hoops to buy Farm cash now that I have to go via Facebook. It was so easy when I could just go to Walgreens and buy a card from Zeevex and then come to my farm and key in the pin from the card in the right spot. Now I have to either get a prepaid credit card or find a store that sells the facebook prepaid cards and if I go the facebook card route how can I be sure that the facebook credits that I buy with a facebook prepaid card will go to Farm Town? When I go to check the steps I need to take to apply that card. All I see is how to do it for a credit card no where do I see a place to click if your using the facebook prepaid card. There is stuff I"d love to buy but, truth be told, I'm scared I"ll do something wrong and lose the money. I don't have alot to lose these days. I see a spot to click to earn facebook credits. That's not what I want to do. IF I buy a facebook prepaid card, how can I make sure that money goes to farm town when I can not go to farm town, click on buy cash and then click a button that sayes apply facebook prepaid card.:( then follow the steps and key in the pin from the card. :(
If you do not have the Buy Cash tab at the top you can still get to it by clicking on Map in the toolbar and go to the Bank. That will also get you there.
Even if you go to the Facebook part to add in your credits from thier cards they will not go to any game until you go to a game and purchase thier cash with the credits.

Farmer Kate 52
Jul 23 2011, 02:21 PM
If you do not have the Buy Cash tab at the top you can still get to it by clicking on Map in the toolbar and go to the Bank. That will also get you there.
Even if you go to the Facebook part to add in your credits from thier cards they will not go to any game until you go to a game and purchase thier cash with the credits.

Thanks Taz, that makes it clearer for me. I still think, for me anyway, is to just go the prepaid visa card route. I know change is a big part of life. But there some things that just should be left alone if they are working.:)

Thanks again.

barbara nixon
Jul 23 2011, 03:36 PM
i too spend real money on this game but i always use my paypal account for everything i buy online..my acct # stays in one place that way..i have never had trouble with paypal ever..and i have been online shopper for about 6 yrs...besides that way if something happens i can call them and get it fixed..i even used paypal when it wasn't thru fb...but now i see i can build up credits there when they don't get used..so it's a good thing...

ayah
Jul 23 2011, 08:58 PM
I have bit the bullet and purchased a couple items for my grandchildren via "EARN CASH" -twice I got the credits but once I did not. I hunted for EVER trying to find where to write to get my credits. I wrote like every email I could find - of course, I received ONLY 1 reply telling me - la de da de da - and that they did not have anything to do with it and I should email - la de da de da......well I did email the link they told me to and I received an immediate auto-reply that said they did not deal with those issues.

Moral of the story is......if you get the credits it is good - but if you don't get the credits you are "out of luck" !

Taz D
Jul 23 2011, 09:49 PM
I have bit the bullet and purchased a couple items for my grandchildren via "EARN CASH" -twice I got the credits but once I did not. I hunted for EVER trying to find where to write to get my credits. I wrote like every email I could find - of course, I received ONLY 1 reply telling me - la de da de da - and that they did not have anything to do with it and I should email - la de da de da......well I did email the link they told me to and I received an immediate auto-reply that said they did not deal with those issues.

Moral of the story is......if you get the credits it is good - but if you don't get the credits you are "out of luck" !
Go back to the place where you were doing the Earn Credits and at the top of that section is a Help button. Your contact and status for your credits is in that part. The company responsible for those now is TrialPay.

ayah
Jul 23 2011, 11:00 PM
WOW - TYTYTYTY Taz D !!! You are my hero :-))))

WingmanFarm
Jul 24 2011, 12:36 AM
I feel your pain, but you are complaining to/about the wrong people. This is not a partnership between the parties but a dictatorship by Facebook. The players of all the App and Games on Facebook are the ones who seem to have to suffer.

Facebook has no accountability and never did.

They have always lacked customer service.

All this has done is drive me to that "other" farm game that has its main site under its own URL where you can buy their farm cash through Paypal or their own Farm cards and not be forced to use your credit card or Facebook credits.

Phyliss
Jul 24 2011, 01:14 AM
Why you would only use farmtown credits to buy farmcash is beyond me. Just when things are going pretty good in this game you put a glich in the works, problem is there are other games now and new social networks to come...do you remember My Space??? I tried to buy farmcash but didn't know how to get the credits (now you should have thought about that little item). So therefore, I can't buy it, so you lose and in the end, you will lose again.

Hornyroo
Jul 24 2011, 01:18 AM
The use of Facebook credits was made compulsory by Facebook, this was not something Slashkey did on its own. There a number of threads on purchasing FC with FB credits, its actually quit simple and require I think form memory only one extra click to work through paypal for them

al_bundy
Jul 24 2011, 01:21 AM

All this has done is drive me to that "other" farm game that has its main site under its own URL where you can buy their farm cash through Paypal or their own Farm cards and not be forced to use your credit card or Facebook credits.
I cant see what the big carryon is about you can still buy fc using paypal and it costs the same u just select the package u want and click buy with credits and then your prefered payment method and your done u have your fc. Seems like a huge carryon over nothing.

Farmer Kate 52
Jul 24 2011, 01:25 AM

Or prepaid credit cards. That's the only way I'd buy farm town cash now days. I do play the other farm game but I love farm town more. More freedom and no quests to deal with and I can make my farms anyway I want the to be.

Farmer Kate 52
Jul 24 2011, 01:33 AM
I cant see what the big carryon is about you can still buy fc using paypal and it costs the same u just select the package u want and click buy with credits and then your prefered payment method and your done u have your fc. Seems like a huge carryon over nothing.

The thing that confuses me is how do you get the facebook credits over to farm town? When I was buying zeevex it was easy. Now you either buy the facebook prepaid cards, the prepaid credit cards or go through paypal. That is if you have a paypal account, which I don't have because I would not use it often enough to make use out of it because I don't buy over the internet at all. I like knowing that if I want to buy something on farm town that the money goes into that pot not into another pot and then I have to transfer it out into the pot I wanted it in in the first place.

As far as I"m concerned, Facebook loves to make things difficult. I thinkl they stay up late thinking of ways to do just that.

JAS0643
Jul 24 2011, 01:42 AM
Why you would only use farmtown credits to buy farmcash is beyond me. Just when things are going pretty good in this game you put a glich in the works, problem is there are other games now and new social networks to come...do you remember My Space??? I tried to buy farmcash but didn't know how to get the credits (now you should have thought about that little item). So therefore, I can't buy it, so you lose and in the end, you will lose again.

All you need to do to buy fc is to click on buy cash at the top of the game, choose the fc package you want and then choose the method of payment. Go through all the steps and in just a few seconds you will have your farm cash. There are even offers you can do to earn facebook credits. I eared 394 fb credits since July 1st without spending a penny. So tonight it only cost me $1.00 for the 250 fc package. :D

Taz D
Jul 24 2011, 01:57 AM
The thing that confuses me is how do you get the facebook credits over to farm town? When I was buying zeevex it was easy. Now you either buy the facebook prepaid cards, the prepaid credit cards or go through paypal. That is if you have a paypal account, which I don't have because I would not use it often enough to make use out of it because I don't buy over the internet at all. I like knowing that if I want to buy something on farm town that the money goes into that pot not into another pot and then I have to transfer it out into the pot I wanted it in in the first place.

As far as I"m concerned, Facebook loves to make things difficult. I thinkl they stay up late thinking of ways to do just that.
You can either use those items from the Buy Cash tab at the top of your farm or go to the bank through the Map. The choices for purchasing are there and you only have to get as many credits as you need to buy the amount of FC you want. Only problem would be the Facebook cards, where any left over would be put as FB credits which you can use the next time.

Farmer Kate 52
Jul 24 2011, 02:05 AM
You can either use those items from the Buy Cash tab at the top of your farm or go to the bank through the Map. The choices for purchasing are there and you only have to get as many credits as you need to buy the amount of FC you want. Only problem would be the Facebook cards, where any left over would be put as FB credits which you can use the next time.

I think you just helped me decide to go with prepaid credit card. I know when I viewed the steps that I can first click on the $39.99 one. But I did see that when I get to the part where I can use the credit card I can chose the $50.00 amount which is what I would chose to do. So next time I get my check I'll see about getting a prepaid credit card and see what happens. Should have one of those "just in case anything happens" anyway.

Thanks Taz

melee
Jul 24 2011, 05:24 AM
I do not have the tab at the top of game that allows earning extra cash. I am not sure what happened to it.

Don't feed the beggers
Jul 24 2011, 08:05 AM
as long as there are addicts like myself around, ft will not fail. This change was set out by fb not ft. If they want to continue keeping the game on fb they MUST, like everyone else comply by the rules. I don't much like the credit idea either, and after a huge error the first time I was turned off totally....but then I decided I MUST have some new tools and facs so I paid money again, the 2nd time it went much easier, no glitches or errors and all is well.

if you use a different browser do you have the earn cash tab there? I agree the deal via fb are not quite as good as super rewards but as I said, I'm an addict and like any other healthy, thriving and a little crazy addict, I will do what i need to do to feed my addiction, and ft is way cheaper than many others. $20 a month on credits to get cash, isn't that much and I spend more than that on things I don't need but want so I see this as no different.

joyce.pendleton
Jul 24 2011, 10:51 AM
Can I buy Farm Cash Items on Farm Town using my FACE BOOK CREDITS? If so, how do I do this? I would like to know before I spend to get FB credits I may not be able to use without charging something else to my credit card.

Taz D
Jul 24 2011, 02:47 PM
Can I buy Farm Cash Items on Farm Town using my FACE BOOK CREDITS? If so, how do I do this? I would like to know before I spend to get FB credits I may not be able to use without charging something else to my credit card.
If you go to the Buy Cash tab at the top of your farm or click on the bank in the Map on the tool bar it will take you to the page to buy Farm Cash. You choose how much FC you want just like before, accept the Terms of Service and click on Buy with credits (Facebook credits). The next box will give you the sources of payment you can use. Choose how you are paying and continue. This way you only buy the amount of credits needed for the amount of farm cash you want.

joyce.pendleton
Jul 24 2011, 03:52 PM
Thank you Taz. I will try that - Joyce

Pirate Kel
Jul 26 2011, 04:15 PM
you can also find this option when sending gifts. choose gift when it takes you to the select friends click on cash challange. you can only do it one time per day so make sure you click on everyone you want then or you have to wait untill the next day to do it again

I take it that isnt available anymore?

HelenJS22
Jul 26 2011, 06:14 PM
I think I need the 'stupid question' department, and if it's been put up, sorry I haven't read all the way through. I always use a pre paid credit card for my farm cash purchase. This time I have had this wording come up:

This transaction could not be completed because of a problem with your funding source. Please verify that all payment information is correct and up to date. If you continue to see this message after verifying your information, you will have to contact your bank, credit card company, or payment provider directly to find out why the charge was declined.*

In the meantime, please try adding a different funding source to complete your purchase.

This is on a pre paid credit Visa card exactly the same as I have used at least 4 times previous to this.

I've spent over half an hour, instead of the usual two minutes, trying every which way to fix this. I've added the credit card to my Facebook 'account', I've triple checked the details on the card are correct and nothing works. I've searched 'buying facebook cash' and followed all instructions, but I can't even find a 'BUY MORE' button to click on anywhere.

I tried direct through my farm, and have now been searching for a 'buy facebook credits' button in facebook itself, but it just gets more and more frustrating.

This is the first time I've tried to buy farm cash since they demanded facebook credits for it and I'm so over it at the moment. I simply don't have time to be stuffed about and I can't work out what I'm getting wrong. Can anyone help?

Taz D
Jul 26 2011, 06:17 PM
I think I need the 'stupid question' department, and if it's been put up, sorry I haven't read all the way through. I always use a pre paid credit card for my farm cash purchase. This time I have had this wording come up:

This transaction could not be completed because of a problem with your funding source. Please verify that all payment information is correct and up to date. If you continue to see this message after verifying your information, you will have to contact your bank, credit card company, or payment provider directly to find out why the charge was declined.*

In the meantime, please try adding a different funding source to complete your purchase.

This is on a pre paid credit Visa card exactly the same as I have used at least 4 times previous to this.

I've spent over half an hour, instead of the usual two minutes, trying every which way to fix this. I've added the credit card to my Facebook 'account', I've triple checked the details on the card are correct and nothing works. I've searched 'buying facebook cash' and followed all instructions, but I can't even find a 'BUY MORE' button to click on anywhere.

I tried direct through my farm, and have now been searching for a 'buy facebook credits' button in facebook itself, but it just gets more and more frustrating.

This is the first time I've tried to buy farm cash since they demanded facebook credits for it and I'm so over it at the moment. I simply don't have time to be stuffed about and I can't work out what I'm getting wrong. Can anyone help?
I will say that I have had problems like that (in stores) if my financial institute's network connection is down. Visa will not approve unless they can verify funds.
To find buying credits on Facebook look under Account Settings or Credits Balance in Account menu.

HelenJS22
Jul 26 2011, 06:50 PM
I will say that I have had problems like that (in stores) if my financial institute's network connection is down. Visa will not approve unless they can verify funds.
To find buying credits on Facebook look under Account Settings or Credits Balance in Account menu.

Thanks Taz, haven't checked to see if Visa is down, but that would be a major unlikely coincidence.

I have a 'buy now' button on my farm 'buy cash' set up which is giving me the message I put up earlier, but I have followed your instructions too and found no 'buy now' button in facebook accounts payments page at all. Even cleaned my glasses to triple check :(

Taz D
Jul 26 2011, 07:09 PM
Thanks Taz, haven't checked to see if Visa is down, but that would be a major unlikely coincidence.

I have a 'buy now' button on my farm 'buy cash' set up which is giving me the message I put up earlier, but I have followed your instructions too and found no 'buy now' button in facebook accounts payments page at all. Even cleaned my glasses to triple check :(
It is Buy More next to Credits Balance.
What I meant before is Visa checks with the financial institute associated with the card that holds the money. So no not down between FB and Visa but may be between bank and Visa.

Scott Lawrence
Jul 26 2011, 07:21 PM
I take it that isnt available anymore?

I don't see it so it must not be there unless they have me blocked from it like they have blocked me from the earn 30 farm cash link.

I sure hope the developers will restore that link so I can get some more equipment and facilities.

:)

sun.bun@verizon.net
Jul 26 2011, 07:35 PM
This has nothing to do with my question. Can someone please direct the proper answer?
Thank you.

HelenJS22
Jul 26 2011, 07:44 PM
It is Buy More next to Credits Balance.
What I meant before is Visa checks with the financial institute associated with the card that holds the money. So no not down between FB and Visa but may be between bank and Visa.

Thanks so much for your patience Taz. I'm not sure if I'm thick this morning, overtired, overworked, or some of each. What's funny now is that when I was not remotely interested in buying 'facebook credits' there was always an incessant little pop up at the top of my facebook page informing me that I had 'one credit'. Now when I go looking for it there, it doesn't show up anywhere on either of my facebook accounts.

Maybe it is the universe telling me that I need to go back to my work in the real world, but it sure doesn't encourage anyone to buy farm cash anymore :(

Taz D
Jul 26 2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks so much for your patience Taz. I'm not sure if I'm thick this morning, overtired, overworked, or some of each. What's funny now is that when I was not remotely interested in buying 'facebook credits' there was always an incessant little pop up at the top of my facebook page informing me that I had 'one credit'. Now when I go looking for it there, it doesn't show up anywhere on either of my facebook accounts.

Maybe it is the universe telling me that I need to go back to my work in the real world, but it sure doesn't encourage anyone to buy farm cash anymore :(
Helen,
What do you see when you go to Account Settings Payments?

HelenJS22
Jul 26 2011, 07:56 PM
Helen,
What do you see when you go to Account Settings Payments?
\
Below is exactly what I see Taz, I clicked on 'manage' again and the account box is empty again with a note saying that 'you have no funding sources associated with your account'. Problem is that I put it in over an hour ago and saved it as such. Soooooo frustrating. Though even when it said I had one account associated it still wouldn't let me use it.

Credits purchase historyview
To view recent purchases of Facebook Credits.

Payment methodsmanage
For purchasing Facebook Credits and Facebook Adverts.

Preferred currency
change
Show prices and make purchases in this currency.Australian Dollar

I've clicked on all the possible things to click to no avail - why does this forum have no button for crying or throwing a tantrum? :mad:

Taz D
Jul 26 2011, 08:00 PM
\
Below is exactly what I see Taz, I clicked on 'manage' again and the account box is empty again with a note saying that 'you have no funding sources associated with your account'. Problem is that I put it in over an hour ago and saved it as such. Soooooo frustrating. Though even when it said I had one account associated it still wouldn't let me use it.

Credits purchase historyview
To view recent purchases of Facebook Credits.

Payment methodsmanage
For purchasing Facebook Credits and Facebook Adverts.

Preferred currency
change
Show prices and make purchases in this currency.Australian Dollar

I've clicked on all the possible things to click to no avail - why does this forum have no button for crying or throwing a tantrum? :mad:
That is because we have no virtual tissues or towels to wipe the tears away.
Did you try Payment Methods and try to set it there. That might trigger it to add the Credits Balance -Buy More.

pythonis
Jul 26 2011, 08:05 PM
And just how much is FB's cut in this? 1%? 10%? 25%? 50%?

HelenJS22
Jul 26 2011, 08:10 PM
That is because we have no virtual tissues or towels to wipe the tears away.
Did you try Payment Methods and try to set it there. That might trigger it to add the Credits Balance -Buy More.

LOL - I think I've clicked on every possible option over the space of about two hours now. I think I'll just stamp my little foot and go back to my real world work for a while, then try again later.

I have put in a query to the card provider, but of course, there was no human to speak to on the phone, then I was told they could not deal with my call at the moment .... and there's been no reply by email yet. What a surprise :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for trying to help. I can't imagine having no farm cash, but I'm not too fond of the other options to use. It really annoys me that the change has probably caused this. I don't want facebook credits, I just want some b....y farm cash :eek:

When you find some virtual tissues, I need some badly :)

HelenJS22
Jul 27 2011, 12:17 AM
Hey Taz, have you got any idea or are there any other facebook gurus out there who could tell me why when I enter a 'funding source' into my facebook account, and SAVE it, it is gone again the next time I log into it. I am having problems getting facebook credits to buy farm cash with, and getting more and more frustrated with the whole set up.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Taz D
Jul 27 2011, 12:31 PM
Hey Taz, have you got any idea or are there any other facebook gurus out there who could tell me why when I enter a 'funding source' into my facebook account, and SAVE it, it is gone again the next time I log into it. I am having problems getting facebook credits to buy farm cash with, and getting more and more frustrated with the whole set up.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated :)
It most likely won't stay until you complete a transaction. Since you have been having problems with it going through.... Sorry I could help more.

susme48
Jul 27 2011, 03:17 PM
Hmmm...is there really a world out there? If a tree falls in farmtown, while we are asleep...do we hear it? I swear I do....sigh! Is it addiction when you worry about sleeping too late and forgetting to milk the cows and collect the eggs? Too addicting, but so much fun!

HelenJS22
Jul 27 2011, 04:39 PM
It most likely won't stay until you complete a transaction. Since you have been having problems with it going through.... Sorry I could help more.

Thanks Taz. I swear my computer knows that I have a busy work load in the real world at the moment. I'll try again tomorrow maybe :(

HelenL
Jul 27 2011, 08:37 PM
I know I had posted this somewhere before but I can't find it. Facebook Credit Gift Cards are available in the stores. I know Wal Mart for sure, but don't know the other US places....I'm in Canada. $25 gets you 261 credits...I think. I can't remember for sure. You can go here...and I hope I can post this....to see the list of where you can buy the cards. http://www.facebook.com/FacebookCredits?sk=app_154977384515365
I know it isn't as convenient as buying them right when you want them but it sure beats the frustration everyone is going through. I know it was a huge relief to me when I found them. Happy farming everyone.

Lady Hawke
Jul 27 2011, 08:59 PM
Okay, I'm really really confused now...I've got 100 FB credits; I have no idea how to get them into Farmtown cash. I tried going thru' the "Buy Cash" tabs, but all that seems to want me to do is buy yet more FB credits. I don't want more FB credits, I want FC... :-(

Taz D
Jul 27 2011, 09:43 PM
Okay, I'm really really confused now...I've got 100 FB credits; I have no idea how to get them into Farmtown cash. I tried going thru' the "Buy Cash" tabs, but all that seems to want me to do is buy yet more FB credits. I don't want more FB credits, I want FC... :-(
Is this with a Facebook card that you got these? Have you added them in through Facebook Acount Settings Payments to your Facebook credits balance?

kyscout57
Jul 27 2011, 11:04 PM
How do I get hired to earn farm cash?

Taz D
Jul 27 2011, 11:28 PM
How do I get hired to earn farm cash?
One of your friends has to have the Farm Cash challenge show up at the top of their game and they have to be able to hire you for it. That is the only way you can be hired for Farm Cash.

HelenJS22
Jul 28 2011, 02:06 AM
Are there any Australian's on this thread who have used an Australain Visa PREPAID credit card to buy facebook credits since the change of the Farm Cash system? Otherwise, does anyone know how I can find out if Facebook accepts our Visa PREPAID cards?

I'd appreciate it if there is an Aussie who can enlighten me.

Victorious Vivian
Jul 28 2011, 09:50 AM
My suggestion is instead of giving them all of the new levels just one or two so they can work on getting to the top. Or giving them the option on which level they want to be on. The ones on the lower level would love to get a few levels as a reward for our hard work as we will most likely never get to the top level and some are discouraged as the new facilities call for more farm cash than we have. It will take ages to work up to that many as we don't have the resources to buy them.

Taz D
Jul 28 2011, 10:38 AM
My suggestion is instead of giving them all of the new levels just one or two so they can work on getting to the top. Or giving them the option on which level they want to be on. The ones on the lower level would love to get a few levels as a reward for our hard work as we will most likely never get to the top level and some are discouraged as the new facilities call for more farm cash than we have. It will take ages to work up to that many as we don't have the resources to buy them.
You attain each level by the amount of experience you have worked to get. Those of us at the top did not get here by being "given" levels we worked to get the experience to get here and continue to work even though no new level is currently available.
When new levels are added, then we go to our new level according to how much experience we have worked to get. We have not gotten anything more than you have gotten.
If you look in the Game Guide you will find that each level has an amount of experience you have to earn to be given that level. Once you reach the top level then you can go no higher in level, but your experience doesn't. As you continue to work then your experience keeps going up.
We have all been where you are and felt the same way that we would never make it to the top. We got the same amount of Farm Cash you have when we were at your level. Don't be discourage, keep working and one day you will be at the top earning additional experience and waiting for the next addition of levels so you can jump up a few or all of those levels too.

Pirate Kel
Jul 28 2011, 02:11 PM
One of your friends has to have the Farm Cash challenge show up at the top of their game and they have to be able to hire you for it. That is the only way you can be hired for Farm Cash.

does this appear to everyone? I am guessing its another one of those 'show up once in a great while' things, right?

Tony D
Jul 28 2011, 02:50 PM
does this appear to everyone? I am guessing its another one of those 'show up once in a great while' things, right?It can be a little random

mary.cosgrove@yahoo.com
Jul 28 2011, 04:35 PM
I purchased 105 facebook credits for $10.00 twice. This should have given me 210 in facebook credits. Used 28 farmcash and now it shows a balance of 63. Don't understand this concept. Will some one please explain how many facebook credits it takes to buy farmcash stuff?

Taz D
Jul 28 2011, 04:53 PM
I purchased 105 facebook credits for $10.00 twice. This should have given me 210 in facebook credits. Used 28 farmcash and now it shows a balance of 63. Don't understand this concept. Will some one please explain how many facebook credits it takes to buy farmcash stuff?
Look at the prices for the quatities of farmcash. Drop the last digit and forget about the decimal. That is how many FB credits it takes to buy those amounts of Farm Cash. For example 250FC costs 399 FB credits, 120FC costs 199 FB credits.
Basically each FB credit is worth $0.10.

Farmer Kate 52
Jul 28 2011, 05:01 PM
Look at the prices for the quatities of farmcash. Drop the last digit and forget about the decimal. That is how many FB credits it takes to buy those amounts of Farm Cash. For example 250FC costs 399 FB credits, 120FC costs 199 FB credits.
Basically each FB credit is worth $0.10.

From the sounds of it I feel like I'm being screwed. No matter how I look at it. It doesn't matter how much I spend in really money. It doesn't sound like I'm getting my money's worth. There is alot I'd like to get to improve my farms. But I want my money's worth.

I may try it once just to see what it's all about. But I don't expect to be doing it like I was before. Monthly if not more.

Taz D
Jul 28 2011, 05:18 PM
From the sounds of it I feel like I'm being screwed. No matter how I look at it. It doesn't matter how much I spend in really money. It doesn't sound like I'm getting my money's worth. There is alot I'd like to get to improve my farms. But I want my money's worth.

I may try it once just to see what it's all about. But I don't expect to be doing it like I was before. Monthly if not more.
In actuality you are getting a better deal than we got before. For one thing each transaction to convert the credits to FC is costing you 9 cents less than it was when we purchased it directly through Paypal with Slashkey. If you used to buy through other than Paypal, you were not getting as much because Super Rewards took there cut.
No where has it ever said that FB credits were equal to FC on a 1 to 1 exchange.
In fact if you get your credits through Facebook as you did, you are getting more than your $10 worth because they tack on a bonus percentage of 5%. So instead of $10.00 worth, you got $10.50 worth.

Farmer Kate 52
Jul 28 2011, 07:00 PM
In actuality you are getting a better deal than we got before. For one thing each transaction to convert the credits to FC is costing you 9 cents less than it was when we purchased it directly through Paypal with Slashkey. If you used to buy through other than Paypal, you were not getting as much because Super Rewards took there cut.
No where has it ever said that FB credits were equal to FC on a 1 to 1 exchange.
In fact if you get your credits through Facebook as you did, you are getting more than your $10 worth because they tack on a bonus percentage of 5%. So instead of $10.00 worth, you got $10.50 worth.

Let me explain what I use to do. I'd go to Walgreens and I'd buy a Zeevex card. Worth $10.00. I'd come home and enter the information into the correct spots and I'd end up with $50.00 Farm cash. I'd buy 2 zeevex cards and I'd get double the amount of Farm cash. Simple. I knew how many cards to buy because I knew how much FC I'd end up with & I knew what I could spend it on. I can't do that now. From what I've read from the facebook help section. It sounds like I have to keep 99 credits always there at all times, anything over the 99 I can use for the games, any game I want to use it on. If it goes below 99 I can't use any of it until I get it back up to 99. That's like a bank telling me I have to keep $50.00 in a saving account and if I go below that amount I get a penalty. Explain to me why I should have to keep 99 credits in my account at all times and then put more into it. That doesn't make any sense to me. In a way, what FB has done is taken some of the fun away for me. I'm finding myself playing less because I know that I will not be able to really enjoy it anymore. That goes for all the other games I play too.

JAS0643
Jul 28 2011, 07:05 PM
Let me explain what I use to do. I'd go to Walgreens and I'd buy a Zeevex card. Worth $10.00. I'd come home and enter the information into the correct spots and I'd end up with $50.00 Farm cash. I'd buy 2 zeevex cards and I'd get double the amount of Farm cash. Simple. I knew how many cards to buy because I knew how much FC I'd end up with & I knew what I could spend it on. I can't do that now. From what I've read from the facebook help section. It sounds like I have to keep 99 credits always there at all times, anything over the 99 I can use for the games, any game I want to use it on. If it goes below 99 I can't use any of it until I get it back up to 99. That's like a bank telling me I have to keep $50.00 in a saving account and if I go below that amount I get a penalty. Explain to me why I should have to keep 99 credits in my account at all times and then put more into it. That doesn't make any sense to me. In a way, what FB has done is taken some of the fun away for me. I'm finding myself playing less because I know that I will not be able to really enjoy it anymore. That goes for all the other games I play too.

You do not have to jeep any credits on your FB account you can use all the credits you have when you buy dc.

Farmer Kate 52
Jul 28 2011, 07:34 PM
You do not have to jeep any credits on your FB account you can use all the credits you have when you buy dc.

That's nice to know. Just wish facebook or someone would put it in step by step instructions and in simple plain english what you can or can't do. With screen shots. I'm a visual learner. Just telling me does not get to the correct part of the brain like a book learner. Ex:

For using a Facebook prepaid card.
1-Go to the upper right hand corner of you profile and look for the words "Accont settings" click on the words "credit balance"
2-Your "My Accounts" will come up. Make sure the "Payments" tab is highlighted. Look for the words "Credit Balance" over to the right on the same line. look for the words "buy more". (Under these words will be how many FB credits you have. AT the moment I have 10) Click on the words "buy more
'
3-A popup will come titled "Get Facebook Credits." You'll see a spot for Paypay, one for the credit cards, one for mobile phone and then the words in blue "More Payment Options." Click on the spot for "more payment options"

4-What will come up are "Earn Credits" and "Redeem your gift card" Click on the "Redeem your gift card"

5-Another popup will come up titled "Redeem Your Facebook Credit Gift Card" There is a picture of the back of the card showing you where the pin number on the card is. Key in the number on the back of card and click "Redeem Now"

I was able to get these from just clicking on what I wrote down here. On my own step by steps I'll be adding screen shots to make sure I know that is what I'm suppose to be looking for. I just wish I had the same kind of step by step instructions for doing it through the game menu bar at the top of the game or via the bank with screen shots so I knew what to look for.

This is what I have been trying to find but I can't find anywhere. For either going via the Facebook way or the game way. For a lot of you I know it's very simple. But it is not for me. I need the steps. Sorry to be such a pest. But I know what I need and what does not work for me and the way FB has it explained does not work for me at all. I can not picture it in my head at all.

I may try the FB cards once to see what happens. But I'm still not sure.

HelenJS22
Jul 28 2011, 07:49 PM
Geez, does this sound as if there are a lot of us who are utterly fed up with the new Farm Cash - must use facebook credits - system. I would have bought and used more Farm Cash days ago, but I still can't get it, and won't be using other than my usual prepaid credit card to do so.

It has certainly taken off the shine of Farm Town for me lately :(

Farmer Kate 52
Jul 28 2011, 07:56 PM
Geez, does this sound as if there are a lot of us who are utterly fed up with the new Farm Cash - must use facebook credits - system. I would have bought and used more Farm Cash days ago, but I still can't get it, and won't be using other than my usual prepaid credit card to do so.

It has certainly taken off the shine of Farm Town for me lately :(

I'm joining you Helen. Sad part is this is here to stay because FB says so. Unless Slashkey leaves and puts this game on it's website for all of us to play that way. The only choice we have is not to buy or buy the way FB wants us to buy. Why Slashkey couldn't have come up with something like Farmville did is something I don't understand. On FV you can still use their prepaid cards. Because they have some knd of agreement with FB. Not that many other games do. Like you, I will not be useing anything buy a prepaid card.

Taz D
Jul 28 2011, 10:38 PM
I'm joining you Helen. Sad part is this is here to stay because FB says so. Unless Slashkey leaves and puts this game on it's website for all of us to play that way. The only choice we have is not to buy or buy the way FB wants us to buy. Why Slashkey couldn't have come up with something like Farmville did is something I don't understand. On FV you can still use their prepaid cards. Because they have some knd of agreement with FB. Not that many other games do. Like you, I will not be useing anything buy a prepaid card.
WHat you are all failing to see is that Zynga is a multi-million dollar corporation with lots of games (none of which hold a candle to Farmtown). They could produce their own cards and work their own deal with the stores. They did this long before Facebook mandated using FB credits. This is not something they made an agreement with Facebook on but something they redeem through their own web page. To play their games you still have to connect through Facebook.

Kate, from what I have been able to find you will have to redeem your Facebook cards through Facebook Account/Credit Balance as you listed. The Buy Cash in the game does not have that option listed. So you will need to follow the steps you listed for Facebook to get your credits on your account.
Where you picked up the having to keep 99 credits in account, I am not absolutely sure , but it may have been an article meant for those who have Facebook Ads. Facebook search in Help is not good at sorting these articles by users and ad buyers.

You want step by step instructions for getting your Facebook credits over to Farm Cash, so I'll give this a try.
1. Make sure you know how many credits you have in your Facebook account.
2. Click on Buy Cash at top of game.
3. Pick the amount of Farm cash you want within the amount of credits you have. Each block size of Farm Cash has a price out to the side of it. Drop the last digit (9) and that is how many Facebook credits you need to buy that amount of Farm Cash. To further explain this:
250 FC - 399 FBC
120 FC - 199 FBC
55 FC - 99 FBC
25 FC - 49 FBC

4. After selecting the amount, then check the box to accept Terms of Service and click on Pay with Credits.
5. A dialog box will open like this:
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250092_226333697402199_100000767109621_558946_4024 465_n.jpg
6. When you click on Buy Now, then the transaction will go through, the amount of credits in the upper right corner will be deducted from your Facebook credits total and you will be given your Farm Cash.

HelenJS22
Jul 28 2011, 11:51 PM
I'm not failing to see that situation Taz. I've simply found that I'm let down very badly now by a system that is for some reason not working for me anymore. I can't get the facebook credits to go through and I've exhausted many options in trying to do so.

It's one thing to be forced to accept a new payment method, but surely it's only worth it if it actually works for everyone. I've bought several hundred dollars worth of farmcash over the past year with absolutely no problem at all, and now I can't seem to get the wretched facebook credits bought to carry on with more farm cash, and nobody seems to be able to give me a reason for this.

HelenJS22
Jul 29 2011, 04:00 AM
YAYYYYY !!! After much frustration, trial and error, and out of my comfort zone I HAVE FARM CASH AGAIN. To any Aussies trying with a pre paid card, my usual set up didn't work, but one of the other options eventually did for me. My credits appeared in Facebook, and my farm cash popped up almost immediately :D

RAUL AND TAZ - You both officially ROCK!!! Many Thanks.

Farmer Kate 52
Jul 29 2011, 03:01 PM
Congrats Helen. So glad one of the ways worked for you.

Farmer Kate 52
Jul 29 2011, 03:01 PM
Congrats Helen. So glad one of the ways worked for you.:D

exqwsit
Jul 30 2011, 05:32 AM
Today I had a message at my farm saying I had agreed to work for another farmer and would earn farm cash. I took a chance and went to the farm (it was from my daughter) the problem I had was it had no tools.
She my daughter had trees ready to harvest & vege's to do but yeah no tools. After three goes now when I go in I click on the no or x :-(
I have spent sooo much money on this game it was nice to get some FC for nothing.

Taz D
Jul 30 2011, 01:46 PM
Today I had a message at my farm saying I had agreed to work for another farmer and would earn farm cash. I took a chance and went to the farm (it was from my daughter) the problem I had was it had no tools.
She my daughter had trees ready to harvest & vege's to do but yeah no tools. After three goes now when I go in I click on the no or x :-(
I have spent sooo much money on this game it was nice to get some FC for nothing.
When you get to her farm your tools should be in the Extended Toolbox (yellow toolbox above the map). All you really have to do to earn the cash is harvest one tree or flower or crop field. Then after you do that you will get called back to her farm to work at least one facility to earn the other 2 FC.

exqwsit
Jul 30 2011, 03:42 PM
I tried that, the only things she had in the tool box is a camera and water thing for the flowers.

WingmanFarm
Jul 30 2011, 05:55 PM

You are totally wrong in this. Look at the bolded part.

Yes I can use paypal IF I HAD A CREDIT CARD.

I don't and they will accept no other option. YOU CANNOT USE THE ACTUAL CASH YOU HAVE ON HAND.

THAT is my big carry on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taz D
Jul 30 2011, 06:20 PM
You are totally wrong in this. Look at the bolded part.

Yes I can use paypal IF I HAD A CREDIT CARD.

I don't and they will accept no other option. YOU CANNOT USE THE ACTUAL CASH YOU HAVE ON HAND.

THAT is my big carry on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have a bank account listed for your Paypal? If so do you have a debit/credit card for that bank account? If so add it as asecondary payment method. Facebook wants a credit card attached and this will satisfy them. Paypal will use whatever your primary method of payment is to pay them which in your case would be the amount of cash on hand in your account with them. And it will do this regardless of what Facebook is requiring.
With mine I have my bank account as primary and debit/credit card as secondary. I don't keep any money in my Paypal account. When I buy credits the payment always comes directly out of my checking account which is my prime method. I have satisfied Facebook by having a credit card showing, but Paypal determines where the payment will come from and in my case it is always my bank account.
Try it once for the smallest amount and see if Paypal takes the money from the card or from cash on hand.

DLL
Jul 31 2011, 09:20 PM
How do use farmtown credits?

Taz D
Jul 31 2011, 10:05 PM
How do use farmtown credits?
Are you trying to use Farmtown Cash to buy something in the game or trying to purchase Farm Town Cash?

DLL
Jul 31 2011, 11:06 PM
tried to buy facility thinking that I could use this to buy and when I clicked on buy it said you need more farmcash

Hello Farmer! A free credit of 78 FarmCash has been applied to your account. This value was calculated based on your current level. (This is a free credit, not a purchase, you have not been charged.)

Thank you

Taz D
Jul 31 2011, 11:17 PM
tried to buy facility thinking that I could use this to buy and when I clicked on buy it said you need more farmcash

Hello Farmer! A free credit of 78 FarmCash has been applied to your account. This value was calculated based on your current level. (This is a free credit, not a purchase, you have not been charged.)

Thank you
Was this a pop up on your farm or a message you got?

How much Farm Cash does it show you have in the upper left corner next to the $ sign, not the C for coins?

DLL
Jul 31 2011, 11:26 PM
It is above the farm game board all the time, don't know if it is a pop-up, $23

Taz D
Jul 31 2011, 11:44 PM
It is above the farm game board all the time, don't know if it is a pop-up, $23
In the upper right corner below Home Profile Account?
If so that is your Facebook Credits and not Farm Town Cash. Big difference. If you have 78 Facebook credits than you can get 25 Farm Cash for 49 of those credits with 29 Facebook credits left over.
To get those 25 Farm Cash, click on Buy Cash tab at top of game and select the 25 Farm Cash option, then accept the Terms of Service and click on pay with credits. Click Buy Now on next page and it will take you back to your game adding the additional Farm Cash.
If this is not it, then you will need to explain further and a screen capture would help.

DLL
Aug 01 2011, 02:33 AM
not in tne upper right corner

the screen shot should be attached

Taz D
Aug 01 2011, 08:32 AM
not in tne upper right corner

the screen shot should be attached
I have never seen anything like this. I also noticed you have no tabs across the top of your farm for Sending Gifts, Neighbors, etc. Just doesn't look right. I am thinking this is an ad. If you move your mouse pointer over the underlined text it should tell you what the address is for this thing. If it isn't a Facebook ad I would stay away from it.

dianne davis
Aug 05 2011, 12:30 PM
Why isn't there a stable for FT farmers that don't have to have FC?? There are two stables available and BOTH require Farm Cash.

odieeyes
Aug 06 2011, 05:23 PM
why don't you give more farm cash as you g up to higher levels because the amount of points needed to go up to the next level is higher each time you go up.

Don't feed the beggers
Aug 06 2011, 09:10 PM
we are lucky to get 1 for each level advanced...not many games do that and none have to. I will take my 1 and be greatful.

hawaiin kris
Aug 07 2011, 11:46 AM
I wish they weren't both FC as it takes some people a fair amount of time to get them as well as other facilities. As for me and my opinion farmcash should be abit easier to get or lots of ways to earn them besides leveling up or for the ones on fixed incomes to buy them.

dianne davis
Aug 07 2011, 11:49 AM
I agree 100% Why can't they offer the same thing but maybe not as nice for coins?

Grisselle Santiago
Aug 08 2011, 01:15 AM
Could someone tell me if I can use the Facebook Credit Gift card on FT? if answer is yes pls tell me where do I redeem that.

Grisselle Santiago
Aug 08 2011, 01:15 AM
Oh pls help someone answer that!!

Taz D
Aug 08 2011, 01:42 AM
Could someone tell me if I can use the Facebook Credit Gift card on FT? if answer is yes pls tell me where do I redeem that.
You go to Facebook Accounts/Account Settings then look for Payments on the left side and click that. Then to right side of Credits Balance click on Buy More. This is where you get your Facebook credits added.
Then when you have done that open FT and go to the Buy Cash up top. To figure out how much you can get then for the dollar amount to right of FC amounts drop the last (pennys) digit and that will tell you how many FB credits you need to get that amount of FC. For example if you have 199 FB credits then you can get 55 FC. Select the amount you can get, check the box for Terms of Service then click on the Buy with credits.

knighta
Aug 09 2011, 10:50 PM
The buy cash tab says To comply with Facebook Policies we now require users to purchase FarmCash using Facebook Credits only.

Yet http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395242 says http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395242. -Facebook Credits ARE NOT redeemable in Farmtown. Which should be updated.

Also I am sure it is mentioned somewhere on this forum. But I last played back in December and there was a tab to do offers such as application of the day, surveys and things like that. Now I don't see it. Is this no longer happening? If so are my only two options to get free farm cash are by waiting until Slashkey increases the maximum level and the earn 30 farmcash that is below all the tabs in game. Which doesn't also show up all the time.

Taz D
Aug 10 2011, 12:40 AM
The buy cash tab says To comply with Facebook Policies we now require users to purchase FarmCash using Facebook Credits only.

Yet http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395242 says http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395242. -Facebook Credits ARE NOT redeemable in Farmtown. Which should be updated.

Also I am sure it is mentioned somewhere on this forum. But I last played back in December and there was a tab to do offers such as application of the day, surveys and things like that. Now I don't see it. Is this no longer happening? If so are my only two options to get free farm cash are by waiting until Slashkey increases the maximum level and the earn 30 farmcash that is below all the tabs in game. Which doesn't also show up all the time.
As of July 1st, Facebook required all games on Facebook to use Facebook credits to purchase game cash and yes the information needs to be corrected in the Help and Support as well as in the Game Guide.
There are only two ways to get free Farm Cash directly as you stated by levels and by the Farm Cash challenge. However you can earn free Facebook credits much the same way you earned Farm Cash free. If you have an Earn Cash tab up top then you can get to them that way (not everyone has it for some reason). Or if you don't have that tab you can get to them from the Buy Cash tab. Or through Facebook Account Settings/Payments.

farmer fitchy
Aug 12 2011, 08:46 AM
can a friend who doesnt play anymore give you their ft cash?

Taz D
Aug 12 2011, 12:24 PM
Farm Cash can be gifted in amounts of 55, 120, and 250. This is in the store under the other section. That is the only way they can do it.

JAS0643
Aug 12 2011, 01:50 PM

Farm Cash can be gifted in amounts of 55, 120, and 250. This is in the store under the other section. That is the only way they can do it.

To add to what Taz has said if the person is your neighbor and they don't have at least 55 fc or they don't have exactly one of the amounts Taz listed. They can send you an item that cost fc if they have the fc to buy it. Just tell them what item you want them to send.

HelenJS22
Aug 12 2011, 09:35 PM
One day several months ago I found a gift of a Holstein Cow in my gift box. It turned out that a long time player was having to give up playing, so he gifted $5.00 Holstein Cows to all of his farm town neighbours who had played regularly with him. Such a nice idea and some very surprised recipients.

phsl
Aug 13 2011, 01:04 AM
I can't find a thread for this complaint. I love playing but it is getting very tiresome to guess at the amount of fish I have left in all the water at the left side and most of the bottom. i don't have any at the top so not sure what that does. Those tiny 3 letter abbreviations for the item don't help with the fishing. same is true for the crops and trees but they are a bit easier to harvest. PLEASE someone fix this! Thank you

Taz D
Aug 13 2011, 01:08 AM
I can't find a thread for this complaint. I love playing but it is getting very tiresome to guess at the amount of fish I have left in all the water at the left side and most of the bottom. i don't have any at the top so not sure what that does. Those tiny 3 letter abbreviations for the item don't help with the fishing. same is true for the crops and trees but they are a bit easier to harvest. PLEASE someone fix this! Thank you
Try this one: http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373094
ANd read the pages from August 10th on. Plenty about this there. It is an Adobe Flash problem with the new release they did this week.

Crystal
Aug 13 2011, 07:03 PM
I kind of get tired of just as soon as they upgrade farmtown I'm already maxed out because they dont upgrade it far enough. They dont need to keep adding all the stuff that you need to buy each time. Just give us more levels and farm cash so that we can get some of the stuff that you already have out there.

artisanrox
Aug 16 2011, 12:29 PM
Why can you not establish higher levels as we go instead of every two or three months?? Once we are on the top level, we can't get the farm cash as we go but have to wait until you decide to make more levels. That makes no sense so maybe you can explain it to me! Preestablish all levels so we can get farm cash after so many xps have been earned as in the lower levels!!

The game is constantly in development. You aren't playing a finished PlayStation or XBox game.

Levels don't need names.

No they don't, but it's cute that they do have them.

As for new stuff to buy we can do without that

I LIKE having all this stuff to buy with these billions of units of fake money I'm earning. That's why I PLAY the game.

If you want a game that there's nothing to buy but lots of levels, you can always go to the "other" farm game that pretty much stole their ideas from FT. Nothing to buy there (except premium cash items).

it is not that big a deal if I don't get a new house to buy at level 394 I just want to continue to go up in levels. Most fb games still go up in levels but at a certain point you stop having stuff to buy you just get the new level and game cash to go with it.

Ummm, patience much?

I kind of get tired of just as soon as they upgrade farmtown I'm already maxed out because they dont upgrade it far enough. They dont need to keep adding all the stuff that you need to buy each time. Just give us more levels and farm cash so that we can get some of the stuff that you already have out there.

You're already maxed out at the new levels because you choose to do the same amount of work when you're maxed out already. That's really not the developer's fault.

If you play JUST for the Farm Cash I think you're not playing for the right reasons. Support the development team and buy some if you're that desperate for the farm cash.

gffarmer
Aug 16 2011, 12:36 PM
The game is constantly in development. You aren't playing a finished PlayStation or XBox game.

No they don't, but it's cute that they do have them.

I LIKE having all this stuff to buy with these billions of units of fake money I'm earning. That's why I PLAY the game.

If you want a game that there's nothing to buy but lots of levels, you can always go to the "other" farm game that pretty much stole their ideas from FT. Nothing to buy there (except premium cash items).

Ummm, patience much?

You're already maxed out at the new levels because you choose to do the same amount of work when you're maxed out already. That's really not the developer's fault.

If you play JUST for the Farm Cash I think you're not playing for the right reasons. Support the development team and buy some if you're that desperate for the farm cash.

You are totally correct! Good post!

jaliseo
Aug 16 2011, 06:55 PM
i don't really mind waiting for new levels. it's something to look forward to despite i might whinge a bit while i wait. :cool:

So, I wanted to see someone else who has been playing since the beginning. I have and I still love it and yes, I am impatient for updates, but I live with it and enjoy the time just harvesting and plowing and futzing with my farms. I am impressed that you have about 8 million more xps than I do. I'm always glad there is someone with more than myself. At least I know there is someone more obsessed with this game than I am. LOL.

chucky523
Aug 18 2011, 08:54 PM
i'm sorry if this has been answered already in the forum, but i have not seen an answer for it. I was wondering if facebook credits i bought from a store in town like bestbuy could be used to buy farmcash instead of using the bank's option of buying them with a credit card?

Thanks for your patience and help!

Taz D
Aug 18 2011, 09:09 PM
i'm sorry if this has been answered already in the forum, but i have not seen an answer for it. I was wondering if facebook credits i bought from a store in town like bestbuy could be used to buy farmcash instead of using the bank's option of buying them with a credit card?

Thanks for your patience and help!
Yes they can. You have to add them in through your Facebook Account Settings/ Payments. Then once you have added the credits from them then you can click on Buy Cash up at top of game.

chucky523
Aug 18 2011, 09:16 PM
Yes they can. You have to add them in through your Facebook Account Settings/ Payments. Then once you have added the credits from them then you can click on Buy Cash up at top of game.

Thank you for your help!

c.abell
Aug 19 2011, 04:31 PM
I have this feeling that tonight is gonna be a long night in Farm Town. I think some of us might get another farm tonight. Maybe even some other neat stuff along with it. I am excited. Only 6-7 more hours to wait. LOL