PDA

View Full Version : Official Top Post Thread Cargo Ships

Pages : [1] 2 3

marymarcel
Dec 23 2016, 05:10 AM
Cargo Ships

This thread has been set up for any questions or problems you are having with Cargo Ships. Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread.

Please also remember to tell us which version of the game you are using!
We need to know if you are playing

If you are seeing Manage on a ship at your port,
click on this link: https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6542642#post6542642

Before asking a general question please check the Game Guide Chapter 32 Ships (https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622) before posting your question.

Thank you!

Ships Logbooks:
It is up to you to work out when your friends may be likely to play the game to know where to put someone in the ships itinerary. The game has no way of getting that information for you. So ASK them! You have to also take into account that people need to sleep and that some of your friends may be in different time zones to yourself, some may go on holiday or for short breaks. It will take time to get your itinerary the way you like it, especially if you are not sure when your friends are likely to play. Remember, once you have the itinerary they way that works best for you, you can reuse it the following day as long as you have not unloaded the previous days ship.

If it looks like someone is not doing the ships, or your ship seems to be there for a very long time, ask them if they are doing the ships and when they are likely to be able to check for them. You might resolve this by placing them elsewhere in your itinerary. If they are not going to do them then you might want to ask them if they would be willing to close their port..... they might not know that they can do this. This would stop them from being a port you can use and they will stop getting ships in their port.

Answers to Common Questions:

If you have been preparing containers while idle or offline on your farms, ALWAYS reload your game before DISPTACHING it so that your data updates.

Always check your itinerary after you have finished loading containers and BEFORE you dispatch the ship. There is nothing worse than dispatching it without looking and then finding that port 30 is closed and you can not skip that port.

If your ship gets stuck at a port you can skip that port UNLESS it is at port 30. You can not skip the last port, you will have to wait until the ship returns. It will automatically return home when it has been out for 7 days. Remember skipping a port reduces what the ship will bring back, but you will have to decide for yourself if it's worth skipping one so you can get the rest of the products from the next ports rather than have it stuck and returning with very little.

If this happens to you, we recommend that you change the itinerary for your next ship and make sure that you have someone reliable at port 30 so you can at least skip a previous port and not have it stuck out all week. Then remember to reuse the itinerary the next day for the next ship after that.

You could invest in the Overhead Cranes that can help with stuck ships, that allow you to self load a ship, but these will not help if it's stuck at the last port so always make sure someone reliable is on your last port in your ships logbook.

For for information on the Overhead cranes, please click on this link to go to that information:
https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6337494#post6337494.

If you are having problems Replacing a port, try clearing memcache. To do that Click Here. (https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached) A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window AND FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and try again. This usually fixes the problem.

When container preparation time suddenly changes. Each time you prepare a container the game looks to see how many ships have been dispatched in the last 7 days. That determines your preparation time for that particular container.
When you prepare the next container it checks that list again. If you start out with a shorter preparation time and it changes to a longer one it means that when you first started preparing the containers you had more ships on the dispatch list, but then one of those ships dropped off the list for being 7 days old and that then changes your next container prep time to a longer one because you now have less ships on that dispatch list.

To avoid this happening you need to dispatch a ship every day, you can skip one day in a run of 7 days, as you only need 6 ships on the list for the shortest times, but don't skip any more than that or at some point you will have a gap where there will be less than 6 on the list.

Container Prepared Notifications - The popup notification to notify you when a container is finished preparing will only show if you remain on the same farm. When you leave go to other farms you need to check the ships yourself to see if the container has finished preparing.
If you reload the game and the container is already finished preparing, then you will see the notification popup again.

https://r1.slashkey.com/images/gameguide/Ships/continer loaded popup.PNG

Close your port if you are not doing the ships or are going away on a break.

That way your friends will not be able to use you for a port when they are altering their itineraries or if you hare going on a break and they were sending their ship to you they will see your port is closed and know that they need to swap you for someone else.
As you are not their last port your port can automatically be skipped by the game.

Hopefully your friends are checking their itineraries BEFORE they dispatch a ship.

If you can, please do your friends a favour and let them know so they have time to swap you out for someone that can play during that time. This is particularly important if you are someone's last port as that port can not be skipped.

If you have not been sending your ships out daily:
The fastest way to get down to the shortest preparation times again is to only load one or a few containers then dispatch it. You may be better off starting with the slowest ship, preparing only one container then dispatch it, then the next day do the same with the next slowest ship until you have dispatched enough ships to be able to use the shorter prep times on the faster ships.

If you have ideas for the Ships please post in Freight Trains and Cargo Ships (https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=634706)

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

NooNoo
Jun 30 2021, 03:57 AM
Thanks for the ships back, but when they were disabled during migration, each container was taking 5 mins to load - now they have reset to 45 mins :(

It means even if I am on it, it will take 7 and a half hours to ready for despatch!

If we have a full set of cranes, shouldn't the ship be loaded faster anyway?

Tiger
Jun 30 2021, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the ships back, but when they were disabled during migration, each container was taking 5 mins to load - now they have reset to 45 mins :(

It means even if I am on it, it will take 7 and a half hours to ready for despatch!

If we have a full set of cranes, shouldn't the ship be loaded faster anyway?

Hi NooNoo,

As no-one has been able to dispatch a ship every day as the ships haven't been back the game until now, you no longer have the shorter load times for containers. Dispatching a ship every day is what shortens the container prep time. The more on your dispatch list the shorter the time gets.

The overhead cranes just allow you to self load ports a set amount of times if they get stuck and they also enable the Load All in the seaport manger so you don't have to load every individual ship that arrives at your port.

To quickly get the container prep time down, only load a couple of containers, perhaps the ones most important to you but don't dispatch the ship immediately, do it later that day. The reason I suggest you don't dispatch it immediately as at some point the ship will be removed from the dispatch list when it's reached 7 days since it was dispatched. If you were preparing the containers later than usual on another day or perhaps weren't doing one every day, if you lose a ship off the dispatch list while you are still preparing a ship that will change the container prep time to a bit longer again.

Do that every day until you either have a prep time that you are happy to load more containers with or until you've done that on enough of them to get them all to their shortest prep time.

Everyone is having to start over with longer prep times.

If you would like a reminder on anything to do with the ships and also the container prep times you can see all that information in the Game Guide Chapter 32 Ships (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6164118#post6164118)

NooNoo
Jun 30 2021, 08:03 AM
Hi NooNoo,

The overhead cranes just allow you to self load ports a set amount of times if they get stuck and they also enable the Load All in the seaport manger so you don't have to load every individual ship that arrives at your port.

Thanks for the explanation.. Can I make the suggestion that if you have a full set of cranes, you still get fast loading times if you have missed a day or two? It saves being penalised if you go away for a few days

Taz D
Jun 30 2021, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the explanation.. Can I make the suggestion that if you have a full set of cranes, you still get fast loading times if you have missed a day or two? It saves being penalised if you go away for a few days
Hi NooNoo,
If you want to make a suggestion for a change please post it in the Suggestions section.

0202NWOTMRAF
Jun 30 2021, 02:26 PM
ok. i'm tired of searching and looking.

how do i close my port?

i cannot find the technical language on the first page in any section nor do my page and forum searches lead me to a solution. please help.

Taz D
Jun 30 2021, 03:02 PM
ok. i'm tired of searching and looking.

how do i close my port?

i cannot find the technical language on the first page in any section nor do my page and forum searches lead me to a solution. please help.
Hi 0202nwotmraf,
You can close your post in your Preferences (the wrench at the top next to the green plug). Uncheck the box for Enable Ships.

0202NWOTMRAF
Jun 30 2021, 03:49 PM
Hi 0202nwotmraf,
You can close your post in your Preferences (the wrench at the top next to the green plug). Uncheck the box for Enable Ships.

tyvm

that was embarrassingly easy. ><

harrywhitmore@comcast.net
Jul 01 2021, 04:57 AM
Please remove the time limit on cargo ships ,i can not sit at my computer 24 hours ,i was on my last container and timed out , you unloaded all my containers and i have to start all over .this is not funny at all , remove time limit on loading ships, or they are no good for any one,tyvm

Tiger
Jul 01 2021, 05:22 AM
Please remove the time limit on cargo ships ,i can not sit at my computer 24 hours ,i was on my last container and timed out , you unloaded all my containers and i have to start all over .this is not funny at all , remove time limit on loading ships, or they are no good for any one,tyvm

Hi harrywhitmore,

Everyone is having to start over with longer prep times because no-one has been able to dispatch a ship every day as the ships haven't been back the game until now, so you no longer have the shorter load times for containers which is governed by the amount of ships you have dispatched in the last 7 days.

What you can do to quickly get the container prep time down is to only load a couple of containers, perhaps the ones most important to you but don't dispatch the ship immediately, do it later that day. The reason I suggest you don't dispatch it immediately is because the ship will be removed from the dispatch list when it's reached 7 days since it was dispatched. If you were preparing the containers later than usual on another day and dispatching it later than previous ships, if you lose a ship off the dispatch list while you are still preparing a ship that will change the container prep time to a longer time.

Do that every day until you either have a prep time that you are happy to load more containers with or until you've done that on enough of them to get them all to their shortest prep time.

If you would still like to request a change to the ships please post that in the Suggestions area of the forum where the devs will see it. Here's the link to the one for the trains and ships suggestions: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=634706

RIAP27
Jul 01 2021, 09:38 AM
User ID 1545131279 ) -
Just a question on Cargo ships. When I started the 1st ship yesterday it was a 44 minute wait to finish containers. This morning it is 49 minutes! Why is it longer? I really MISS the 10 or 5 minute load times.

Taz D
Jul 01 2021, 09:48 AM
User ID 1545131279 ) -
Just a question on Cargo ships. When I started the 1st ship yesterday it was a 44 minute wait to finish containers. This morning it is 49 minutes! Why is it longer? I really MISS the 10 or 5 minute load times.
Hi Riap,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about the cargo ships. Each ship has different time lengths for preparation.

The best way to get back to the shorter times is to load only 1 or 2 containers for each ship as you prepare one each day until you have gotten up to 7 days worth of ships that have been dispatched. Then the times will be back down to the shorter times.

amanda1955
Jul 01 2021, 04:54 PM
went to load ships this morning and a huge long errors comes up so wont let me do them tried several times just went top do my next ship and it let me do individually so hope it has fixed itself

marymarcel
Jul 01 2021, 05:01 PM
went to load ships this morning and a huge long errors comes up so wont let me do them tried several times just went top do my next ship and it let me do individually so hope it has fixed itself

Hi amanda :)

Glad it is fixed for you.

If this happens again, please clear your memcache and if the error still shows up, then try to copy it or take a pic so we can see it. Thank you :)

peggyannvt
Jul 02 2021, 09:57 PM
the red circle on the tool box said I have one ship and now it says two ships in my Seaport Manager.
I open the Seaport Manager and there is nothing there

I am 1468597614

Taz D
Jul 02 2021, 10:01 PM
the red circle on the tool box said I have one ship and now it says two ships in my Seaport Manager.
I open the Seaport Manager and there is nothing there

I am 1468597614
Hi Peggyannvt,
Do you have any ships hidden? If so unhide them then check to see if you can see the ships to load. We have reported this issue to the developers.

peggyannvt
Jul 03 2021, 03:56 AM
this is in regard to sending other peoples ships onward.

five hours after I posted to the forum, the number in the red dot has changed to 3
So I'm guessing 3 people sent their ships to me and I can not see them, so I can not send them on.

Tiger
Jul 03 2021, 06:21 AM
this is in regard to sending other peoples ships onward.

five hours after I posted to the forum, the number in the red dot has changed to 3
So I'm guessing 3 people sent their ships to me and I can not see them, so I can not send them on.

Hi peggyannvt,

Did you try what Taz asked and clicked on the eye in the seaport manager and see if you have check marks added for all of the ships you own? If you did not please do that and any missing check marks to see if either the ships you can't see show up or that new ones that arrive show up.

If you did that and some check marks were not on, which ships did not have a check mark? Is it a specific color of ship that you can't see arrive or is it all ships from a specific few friends? Please check and see if the neighbor connection between you is one way or both ways.

Optional: I can see you have stored all your ships, which wouldn't normally be a problem, you might want to see if you can find some space on a farm somewhere to see if you can get them out of storage to see if that makes any difference.

If none of those help, the devs are aware that there is a problem and will try to find what's causing it to fix it. Until they do, your friends will have to temporarily either self load the ship you can't see, if they can, or skip your port for now.

peggyannvt
Jul 03 2021, 07:56 AM
I emptied my ship. reboot FT and I could see and send those waiting for my help

Tiger
Jul 03 2021, 10:21 AM
I emptied my ship. reboot FT and I could see and send those waiting for my help

Thank you for letting us know pegyannvt :)

JNelson
Jul 03 2021, 10:23 PM
what happened to our ability to skip a port we are stuck at?

when using my load all for ships i keep getting an embedded message, then have to hit play to reload game, after a couple of reloads it eventually works ...

Taz D
Jul 03 2021, 10:30 PM
what happened to our ability to skip a port we are stuck at?

when using my load all for ships i keep getting an embedded message, then have to hit play to reload game, after a couple of reloads it eventually works ...
Hi JNelson,
You have the ability to Load Ship if you have the overhead crane for that ship or Skip the port if you do not have a load ship available.

For the Load All problem try clearing your memcache.

JNelson
Jul 03 2021, 11:44 PM
Hi JNelson,
You have the ability to Load Ship if you have the overhead crane for that ship or Skip the port if you do not have a load ship available.

108450063288488 I was reporting, my 'skip a port' is not showing up, i have 2 ships stuck and can not do anything.

JNelson
Jul 03 2021, 11:46 PM
Hi JNelson,

clearing memcache works , so does reloading the game. I was reporting to let developers know there is an issue when using cranes the embedded message pops up frequently

Taz D
Jul 03 2021, 11:47 PM
108450063288488 I was reporting, my 'skip a port' is not showing up, i have 2 ships stuck and can not do anything.
Hi JNelson,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

Taz D
Jul 03 2021, 11:52 PM
clearing memcache works , so does reloading the game. I was reporting to let developers know there is an issue when using cranes the embedded message pops up frequently
Hi JNelson,
What embedded message pops up? If you are using the Load All with the cranes that would have nothing to do with your own ships and preparing them.

JNelson
Jul 04 2021, 10:43 AM
Hi JNelson,
What embedded message pops up? If you are using the Load All with the cranes that would have nothing to do with your own ships and preparing them.

when i hit the load all to send along ships in my port this is what pops up, then i have to use browser refresh, usually after 2 or 3 tries it works.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=4235287076494621&set=a.100994349923935

Taz D
Jul 04 2021, 10:47 AM
when i hit the load all to send along ships in my port this is what pops up, then i have to use browser refresh, usually after 2 or 3 tries it works.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=4235287076494621&set=a.100994349923935
Hi JNelson,
Next time this shows please copy the text in it rather than a picture so the developers can see the whole list.

JNelson
Jul 04 2021, 12:32 PM
Hi JNelson,
Next time this shows please copy the text in it rather than a picture so the developers can see the whole list.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=4235528919803770&set=a.100994349923935

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=4235529979803664&set=a.100994349923935

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=4235530659803596&set=a.100994349923935

it will not let me copy the text so i took pictures so you can see entire text -- it pops up in its own window. It cause entire game freeze, I have to use the browser reload page to get back into game, I have to do this on average 2 or 3 times before I can get the load all for sending along ships that have come into my port to work

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=4235540449802617&set=a.100994349923935

Taz D
Jul 04 2021, 12:38 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=4235528919803770&set=a.100994349923935

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=4235529979803664&set=a.100994349923935

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=4235530659803596&set=a.100994349923935

it will not let me copy the text so i took pictures so you can see entire text -- it pops up in its own window
Hi JNelson,
I copied all of your relevaent posts for this problem to the closed thread about issues for the developers to look into this.

Alexandra_J
Jul 10 2021, 03:08 AM
Random question: What happens to your port if one of your ports is at a neighbours port that has their facebook deactivated or they've unfriended you but not un-neighboured you? Will it go pink?

Tiger
Jul 10 2021, 05:30 AM
Random question: What happens to your port if one of your ports is at a neighbours port that has their facebook deactivated or they've unfriended you but not un-neighboured you? Will it go pink?

Hi Alexandra_J,

I'm not sure I'm understanding your question. You are the only one that has control over your own port.

If you mean what happens to your ship if it goes to port where someone has decided to stop playing for whatever reason, then it's stuck there unless you self load it if you can, skip the port, or if it's port 30 it will automatically return back to you once 7 days have expired.

brewergirl1961
Jul 10 2021, 06:54 AM
Anyone else, noticing the timings on the cargo loads. Done the series of ships, to port ( to get timings of each load down to minimum), and then on second round first 3 (speed order) yellow timed out at correct 4:12minutes. pink & brown both at 4:24, Purple has now jumped to 6:24. normally the lowest ranking blue was only 6:6 minutes last time we worked them. they used to be in sequence of 12 second increases. is this a glitch?

marymarcel
Jul 10 2021, 08:32 AM
Anyone else, noticing the timings on the cargo loads. Done the series of ships, to port ( to get timings of each load down to minimum), and then on second round first 3 (speed order) yellow timed out at correct 4:12minutes. pink & brown both at 4:24, Purple has now jumped to 6:24. normally the lowest ranking blue was only 6:6 minutes last time we worked them. they used to be in sequence of 12 second increases. is this a glitch?

Hi brewergirl1961 :)

We will check the times for different ships and if something is not working, we will let the developers know.
Thanks for your report :)

Dr. Dirt
Jul 11 2021, 08:10 AM
The time to load the purple ship with all ships dispatched is supposed to be 5.4 minutes. The time is showing as 6.4 minutes when you first start preparing any container. I timed it using a stopwatch app and it is finishing in 5.4 minutes.

Taz D
Jul 11 2021, 08:48 AM
The time to load the purple ship with all ships dispatched is supposed to be 5.4 minutes. The time is showing as 6.4 minutes when you first start preparing any container. I timed it using a stopwatch app and it is finishing in 5.4 minutes.
Hi Dr Dirt,
We are aware of the posted times for the ships being incorrect and have sent this to the developers. The times they actually take to complete are correct.

bgfarmer
Jul 13 2021, 11:10 AM
I have a problem with my brown ship. It was the second ship I sent out. I have sent my yellow ship out for the second time. The brown ship is stuck on 30. The neighbor sent me a message and said he did not want to do ships any more. I had already sent my ships out. He will not move two of my ships out of his port. I now have two ships sitting in port 30. He said is going to report me for abuse.

Taz D
Jul 13 2021, 11:13 AM
I have a problem with my brown ship. It was the second ship I sent out. I have sent my yellow ship out for the second time. The brown ship is stuck on 30. The neighbor sent me a message and said he did not want to do ships any more. I had already sent my ships out. He will not move two of my ships out of his port. I now have two ships sitting in port 30. He said is going to report me for abuse.
Hi bgfarmer,
I am sorry, but those ships will have to sit at their port until the time expires because of them not doing them. There is no way for you to skip port 30. We do not have any way to move them on either.

Skinni ll
Jul 13 2021, 09:26 PM
I have just started my 1st ship. I prepped it and dispatched it. The players that have it in their port according to my log book, are not showing up on their end. I have enabled ships in my preferences but when i message the player they say my ship is not there. I have used memcache and refreshed my farm and they said they did also, but to no avail my ship is not there. Not sure what to do.
Thanks My farm ID is :110618062791151

Taz D
Jul 13 2021, 09:34 PM
I have just started my 1st ship. I prepped it and dispatched it. The players that have it in their port according to my log book, are not showing up on their end. I have enabled ships in my preferences but when i message the player they say my ship is not there. I have used memcache and refreshed my farm and they said they did also, but to no avail my ship is not there. Not sure what to do.
Thanks My farm ID is :110618062791151
Hi Skinni ll,
Your ship is at port #2 so whoever was port one has sent it on. Your ship will only show in one person's port at a time. It is not like the trains where all get the boost notification at the same time. They have to go through the ports one at a time in the order of your itinerary.

MOM GLENDA
Jul 14 2021, 10:20 AM
i have 7 ships it tell me i got all ships out and it says 5.8 is the time to load a container but it is loading at 6.4 why is it not loading like it is suppose to load. i am loading the orange ship and they are on my farm 9.

Taz D
Jul 14 2021, 10:26 AM
i have 7 ships it tell me i got all ships out and it says 5.8 is the time to load a container but it is loading at 6.4 why is it not loading like it is suppose to load. i am loading the orange ship and they are on my farm 9.
Hi Mom Glenda,
The times shown are not correct, but the time actually taken to load is correct. The developers are aware of this and will fix the showing times at somne point.

MOM GLENDA
Jul 14 2021, 10:32 AM
thanks so much for letting me know .also after i load it it sends me a note saying the comtainer is finished about 5 or 6 times after i load one .hope they fix that also.

Taz D
Jul 14 2021, 10:42 AM
thanks so much for letting me know .also after i load it it sends me a note saying the comtainer is finished about 5 or 6 times after i load one .hope they fix that also.
Hi Mom Glenda,
I only find that happens if I start the preparation of the next container or dispatch the ship before I get the pop up saying that container is complete. To prevent that wait for the pop up.

judyjor714@att.net
Jul 19 2021, 06:44 PM
Can I add ports to my itinerary? As it is, it doesn't show all my neighbors, and I know they're not blocked. Plus as a get a new neighbor, I'd like to add them. The only thing I saw on add was when 1 was taken away. I only have 13 neighbors, but only 9 of them show up.

Taz D
Jul 19 2021, 06:49 PM
Can I add ports to my itinerary? As it is, it doesn't show all my neighbors, and I know they're not blocked. Plus as a get a new neighbor, I'd like to add them. The only thing I saw on add was when 1 was taken away. I only have 13 neighbors, but only 9 of them show up.
Hi Judyjor,
You can only add them when they have their ports enabled and then only while the ship is being prepared. The other 4 neighbors you have apparently do not have their ports enabled in their preferences.

famer charlie
Jul 21 2021, 06:55 AM
are overhead cranes worth getting

Tiger
Jul 21 2021, 08:08 AM
are overhead cranes worth getting

Hi famer charlie,

That's really entirely up to you. If you don't get many ships in your port or you don't have problems with your ships moving port to port then you may not need them.

The overhead cranes enable sending your friends ships on with one click, there's a crane for each color ship, so if you owned them all you could send all your friends ships in your port on with one click. They also enable you to self load a port if your ship gets stuck at a port, that isn't the last port, instead of skipping that port and getting less products. The faster the ship the more self loads you get to use if you own the overhead crane for that ship.

The blue overhead crane is only coins so you may want to try that if you don't already have it and see how it works before you decide if you want to spend FC on any of the other overhead cranes.

Gertrude's Dude Ranch
Jul 23 2021, 12:05 PM
I have had ships running correctly since they restarted.

Today, with 25 minutes to go, I dispatched my pink ship. I went back to start a new ship.

Pink ship says it is being prepared.

Went back.

DISPATCHED PINK SHIP.

WENT BACK.

PINK SHIP BEING PREPARED.

DID THIS TEN TIMES ON TWO BROWSERS ON TWO COMPUTERS.

CLEARED MEMCACHE. SENT 5 MORE TIMES. WENT NO WHERE. IT SAUID IT DID. IT SAID DISPATCHED. WENT NO WHERE.

RESTARTED BROWSER. SAID IT DISPATCHED.

NO.

NOW IT SAYS I DID NOT SEND IT OUT ON TIME AND SURE, GO AHEAD PREPARE MY PINK SHIP.

BUT WHY? WHY WOULD I BOTHER?

To play this game again tomorrow? No thanks.

Taz D
Jul 23 2021, 12:17 PM
I have had ships running correctly since they restarted.

Today, with 25 minutes to go, I dispatched my pink ship. I went back to start a new ship.

Pink ship says it is being prepared.

Went back.

DISPATCHED PINK SHIP.

WENT BACK.

PINK SHIP BEING PREPARED.

DID THIS TEN TIMES ON TWO BROWSERS ON TWO COMPUTERS.

CLEARED MEMCACHE. SENT 5 MORE TIMES. WENT NO WHERE. IT SAUID IT DID. IT SAID DISPATCHED. WENT NO WHERE.

RESTARTED BROWSER. SAID IT DISPATCHED.

NO.

NOW IT SAYS I DID NOT SEND IT OUT ON TIME AND SURE, GO AHEAD PREPARE MY PINK SHIP.

BUT WHY? WHY WOULD I BOTHER?

To play this game again tomorrow? No thanks.
Hi Gertrude,
I am sorry this happened. You only have 24 hours exactly to prepare and dispatch a ship. I am not sure what happened. Your pink ship does show for today that it made it through 4 ports, but is idle back in your port for some reason.

I do see you are preparing the brown ship, so hopefully it will all go ok.

Rosiered
Aug 15 2021, 07:04 PM
I have people who work my ships that aren't neighbors or Facebook friends. How does this happen? When I try to send my ships my list shows only neighbors. How can I send my ships to people who aren't neighbors?

Taz D
Aug 15 2021, 07:12 PM
I have people who work my ships that aren't neighbors or Facebook friends. How does this happen? When I try to send my ships my list shows only neighbors. How can I send my ships to people who aren't neighbors?
Hi Rosiered,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the cargo ships. You can not send your ships to anyone except your neighbors. It could be someone who is your neighbor, but you are not their neighbor and maybe you don't recognize them.
Even if it was possible for you to add someone who is not your neighbor they would not be able to load it.

Dixie Dawn
Aug 22 2021, 12:29 PM
Hi, you think crayfish will be added to the trains and ships in the future?
Thanks

Taz D
Aug 22 2021, 12:31 PM
Hi, you think crayfish will be added to the trains and ships in the future?
Thanks
Hi Dixie Dawn,
I moved your post to the subject thread about cargo ships.
Only the developers know what will be added to the ships and trains. They do not tell us in advance what they will add or release.

peekachoo
Sep 03 2021, 02:22 AM
Hi, in the last few weeks I have added new neighbours, but they are not showing up in the list on the logbook, I want to change some neighbours in the logbook that aren't moving the ship on. Is this something I can fix or is it a problem with Facebook ? Thanks for helping :)

Tiger
Sep 03 2021, 05:45 AM
Hi, in the last few weeks I have added new neighbours, but they are not showing up in the list on the logbook, I want to change some neighbours in the logbook that aren't moving the ship on. Is this something I can fix or is it a problem with Facebook ? Thanks for helping :)

Hi peekachoo,

Are you still having a problem now, it looks like you have recently run memcache which may have resolved it for you.

Please remember that when you replace ports for someone else you can only use the replace up to 10 times

If you have more to replace than that make sure that tomorrow if the ship you have just changed the ports on has returned, do not unload it, prepare a different ship, then reuse the itinerary to get the last one you used and then replace more ports.

peekachoo
Sep 03 2021, 06:23 AM
Hi peekachoo,

Are you still having a problem now, it looks like you have recently run memcache which may have resolved it for you.

Please remember that when you replace ports for someone else you can only use the replace up to 10 times

If you have more to replace than that make sure that tomorrow if the ship you have just changed the ports on has returned, do not unload it, prepare a different ship, then reuse the itinerary to get the last one you used and then replace more ports.

Sorry Tiger, I think I didn't put my question across properly. I have the main list of people to send to, and then there is the second list of neighbours that you can choose from to replace those in the first list. So I want to replace some in the main list, but some of the neighbours in the second list don't do ships anymore. I added new people as neighbours thinking that they would show up in the second list and thereby replace some in the first list, but they're not showing up. I did use memcache thinking that might resolve it but it didn't. I will check tomorrow and see if things have changed but I'm not holding my breath ! Thanks.

Tiger
Sep 03 2021, 07:10 AM
Sorry Tiger, I think I didn't put my question across properly. I have the main list of people to send to, and then there is the second list of neighbours that you can choose from to replace those in the first list. So I want to replace some in the main list, but some of the neighbours in the second list don't do ships anymore. I added new people as neighbours thinking that they would show up in the second list and thereby replace some in the first list, but they're not showing up. I did use memcache thinking that might resolve it but it didn't. I will check tomorrow and see if things have changed but I'm not holding my breath ! Thanks.

Hi peekachoo,

Just to be clear, you are clicking on Replace and the new friend isn't showing up in that list? Have you checked with those friends to make sure that they haven't closed their port as that would be another reason their port wouldn't show up for you.

If it's not that and you ran memcache after dispatching the ship hopefully that will correct it for you tomorrow. I have just tried replacing someone who I added yesterday and they showed up fine when clicking on Replace so at the moment I can't reproduce this. Facebook can be slow to add people to lists, usually memcache can speed that up but not always.

Let us know if you run into problems again tomorrow. If you add any new friends today make sure you run memcache when you are done adding them all, and check with them if their port is open or closed before you try to replace a port again please as we can't check that for you without their ID.

peekachoo
Sep 03 2021, 07:21 AM
Hi peekachoo,

Just to be clear, you are clicking on Replace and the new friend isn't showing up in that list? Have you checked with those friends to make sure that they haven't closed their port as that would be another reason their port wouldn't show up for you.

If it's not that and you ran memcache after dispatching the ship hopefully that will correct it for you tomorrow. I have just tried replacing someone who I added yesterday and they showed up fine when clicking on Replace so at the moment I can't reproduce this. Facebook can be slow to add people to lists, usually memcache can speed that up but not always.

Let us know if you run into problems again tomorrow. If you add any new friends today make sure you run memcache when you are done adding them all, and check with them if their port is open or closed before you try to replace a port again please as we can't check that for you without their ID.

Yep, none of my new neighbours are showing up on the replace list. Thanks for the advice, I will see what happens when I set the next ship up tomorrow, and check with the neighbours involved.

brewergirl1961
Sep 05 2021, 06:39 AM
Is anyone else noticing that in the cargo ships they are missing ports, Albeit, It looks like it is loading and not losing cargo, but not by the neighbour it has gone to. I notice this as I run 2 at the same time with same neighbours, and one is always ahead of the other. On this farm it bypassed 3 neighbours together, and then a 4th, 3 hours later. so other is on port 3 and this one is on port 13.

Taz D
Sep 05 2021, 09:09 AM
Is anyone else noticing that in the cargo ships they are missing ports, Albeit, It looks like it is loading and not losing cargo, but not by the neighbour it has gone to. I notice this as I run 2 at the same time with same neighbours, and one is always ahead of the other. On this farm it bypassed 3 neighbours together, and then a 4th, 3 hours later. so other is on port 3 and this one is on port 13.
Hi Brewergirl,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about the cargo ships.
The only way they would bypass a port is if that person has turned off their port. If the cargo is loaded then it just may be that the 3 neighbors all caught it quickly.

bgfarmer
Sep 06 2021, 10:19 AM
I have posted this once before, but got not response. The Seaport Manager is a devil in disguise. As soon as i leave the Ship yard the Seaport Manager turns off my ships as active. No one can load my ships. Beware of the Seaport Manager. This is a problem. I have to stay on the ship yard and keep the eye black. So others can load my ships.
Why this is happening is a mystery.

Tiger
Sep 06 2021, 10:36 AM
I have posted this once before, but got not response. The Seaport Manager is a devil in disguise. As soon as i leave the Ship yard the Seaport Manager turns off my ships as active. No one can load my ships. Beware of the Seaport Manager. This is a problem. I have to stay on the ship yard and keep the eye black. So others can load my ships.
Why this is happening is a mystery.

Hi bgfarmer,

What you are describing today is not what you last posted about. In your last post you said your ship was sitting at a port and stuck. Are you saying that the stuck ship did not move because you did not have the game loaded?

Which eye are you looking at? Is it the one in the seaport manager? If so are the check marks added for the ships that you are having a problem with? If there are any check marks missing add them back and see if that makes any difference.

If you want to see the reply to your last post you can get to it by clicking on this link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6456622#post6456622

bgfarmer
Sep 06 2021, 11:26 AM
The ships are checked and eye is black. However, as soon as I leave the box with the ships, the seaport manager turns the eye in the upper right hand corner red, all the check marks are removed. This is a new post I have posted. It has nothing to do with old posts. Thanks Tiger for responding.

Tiger
Sep 06 2021, 11:53 AM
The ships are checked and eye is black. However, as soon as I leave the box with the ships, the seaport manager turns the eye in the upper right hand corner red, all the check marks are removed. This is a new post I have posted. It has nothing to do with old posts. Thanks Tiger for responding.

Hi bgfarmer,

So what's happening is it isn't saving the added check marks so when you next open the seaport manager you don't see your ships.

Does anyone else have access to your account that may have the game loaded but offline? If they do please ask them to log out of your account.

If you have not already done this, try having a clear out of your browser caches/history, check for any updates, then also clear your FT memcache. To run memcache Click Here (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached). A window will open with a list of "unsetting", which is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and then please close your browser for a couple of minutes. Then re open your browser and the game and see if those check marks will stay added this time.

If after that, the check marks are still not saving you need to contact the support team (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/) about this.

NJones277
Sep 11 2021, 01:46 PM
I load a ship every day. This morning I started one and it told me 9 minutes a container. Why??? Please look into this. Thanks.

marymarcel
Sep 11 2021, 01:52 PM
I load a ship every day. This morning I started one and it told me 9 minutes a container. Why??? Please look into this. Thanks.

Hi NJones :)

It seems one day is missing from your Ships data.

There is nothing we can do about that, but if you wish you can contact Suport to let them know.

To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you dont receive the automatic response, then read the following thread:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

NJones277
Oct 25 2021, 01:35 PM
Here we go again and again. Yesterday as I was loading my ship the time changed from 4.x to 9 minutes about half way through. Today I go to load a ship and the time starts at 9 minutes. What's going on? I load a ship everyday. If your data shows something different, it's incorrect.

Taz D
Oct 25 2021, 01:48 PM
Here we go again and again. Yesterday as I was loading my ship the time changed from 4.x to 9 minutes about half way through. Today I go to load a ship and the time starts at 9 minutes. What's going on? I load a ship everyday. If your data shows something different, it's incorrect.
Hi NJones,
According to your dispatch dates and times you have no ship dispatch on the 21st. It may be correct or incorrect, but there is nothing we can do to fix this. The times changing in the middle of you preparation yesterday would be one of your ships dropping off the list because the time expired. A ship is only on that list for 7 days exactly, to the second.
You can always check the list by clicking on the small question mark in the container you are currently preparing.

lady godiva219
Nov 07 2021, 08:50 AM
yesterday I completed 4 different cargos for my ship and sent it out ..today when I went in the message said that I was late in sending and therefore I lost everything..I did send it out along with the freinds to whom the ship was to go to but the message came back and said I didn't... I KNOW I did.. please help

marymarcel
Nov 07 2021, 09:14 AM
yesterday I completed 4 different cargos for my ship and sent it out ..today when I went in the message said that I was late in sending and therefore I lost everything..I did send it out along with the freinds to whom the ship was to go to but the message came back and said I didn't... I KNOW I did.. please help

Hi lady godiva :)

I moved your post to the thread about Cargo Ships.

Which ship did you send yesterday?

I had a look at your data and it shows you are prepearing your Yellow Ship at this moment.

Your ships green and Pink are not dispatched and your ships Blue and Brown are showing up as being prepeared since months ago but they were never dispatched.

Alexm2012
Nov 16 2021, 01:47 PM
pink cargo ship keeps giving me message only prepare 1 at a time ive cleared mem browser up to date etc but even when i get the x is completed at ship i try and keep getting the message its the pink one

Taz D
Nov 16 2021, 02:11 PM
pink cargo ship keeps giving me message only prepare 1 at a time ive cleared mem browser up to date etc but even when i get the x is completed at ship i try and keep getting the message its the pink one
Hi Alexm,
Try clearing your memcache again and see if that stops the message. You might try restarting your computer as well.

JNelson
Nov 21 2021, 07:19 AM
i closed my port weeks ago but a few ships keep showing up now and then

marymarcel
Nov 21 2021, 08:47 AM
i closed my port weeks ago but a few ships keep showing up now and then

Hi JNelson :)

Are you at some point, opening your port and then closing it again?

If so, then it is possible this kind of things happen.

If you dont do that, then please contact the friend sending you the ship and ask them how they are seeing your port.

JNelson
Nov 21 2021, 11:50 AM

Are you at some point, opening your port and then closing it again?

If so, then it is possible this kind of things happen.

If you dont do that, then please contact the friend sending you the ship and ask them how they are seeing your port.

no , i kept it off, but i have been sending along the few ships that keep popping up in it, - but i dont reopen the port -

glitch?

marymarcel
Nov 21 2021, 12:03 PM
no , i kept it off, but i have been sending along the few ships that keep popping up in it, - but i dont reopen the port -

glitch?

So you dont reopen your port to send the ships?

I would ask the ones sending you the ships if they are seeing your port as closed or not.

Also, ask your friend if they skipped the port previous to yours. In that case they should see your port with a red Skip button as it is not automatically skipped.

If your port stays closed then your friend shouldnt find you in the list to replace a port and if they want to keep you on their sending list, then they should see your port as pink and it should be automatically skipped.

JNelson
Nov 23 2021, 07:37 AM
So you dont reopen your port to send the ships?

I would ask the ones sending you the ships if they are seeing your port as closed or not.

Also, ask your friend if they skipped the port previous to yours. In that case they should see your port with a red Skip button as it is not automatically skipped.

If your port stays closed then your friend shouldnt find you in the list to replace a port and if they want to keep you on their sending list, then they should see your port as pink and it should be automatically skipped.

the one that i know of that sends me 3 ships, he using reuse last itinerary .. .his ships keep coming to me. i do click on port to send them but i choose no to re-enabling the port ....

so i should just let them sit there to expire? i have let him know my port is closed

marymarcel
Nov 23 2021, 07:57 AM
the one that i know of that sends me 3 ships, he using reuse last itinerary .. .his ships keep coming to me. i do click on port to send them but i choose no to re-enabling the port ....

so i should just let them sit there to expire? i have let him know my port is closed

If your friend skipped the port previous to yours, then your port will shop up with a red button and your friend has to skip it.

If he doesnt want to change your port in his ship list no matter it is closed, then when his ships arrives to your port, it should be automatically skipped. The exception would be if he skipped the port previous to yours as I said before.

You can explain that to him so he will know what to do or ask him to reuse the previous list but then change your port for other neighbor port.

JNelson
Nov 23 2021, 09:43 AM

If your friend skipped the port previous to yours, then your port will shop up with a red button and your friend has to skip it.

If he doesnt want to change your port in his ship list no matter it is closed, then when his ships arrives to your port, it should be automatically skipped. The exception would be if he skipped the port previous to yours as I said before.

You can explain that to him so he will know what to do or ask him to reuse the previous list but then change your port for other neighbor port.

will do, i thought it was a program remind him.

Crystal
Nov 25 2021, 10:09 AM
Why does when clicking on use my last ship itinerary not give me my actualy last itinerary. I know this for a fact because all my previous ships had just came back except for the one I just sent out yesterday and it does not even come close to matching it. With all the changes I will have to make it will take me 2 days to match it because it will have over 20 changes in it to make it match. This happens regularly to me. Please fix this.

Taz D
Nov 25 2021, 10:20 AM
Why does when clicking on use my last ship itinerary not give me my actualy last itinerary. I know this for a fact because all my previous ships had just came back except for the one I just sent out yesterday and it does not even come close to matching it. With all the changes I will have to make it will take me 2 days to match it because it will have over 20 changes in it to make it match. This happens regularly to me. Please fix this.
Hi Crystal,
Was there a pop up to tell you there wasn't a last itinerary to use? I do see you did not send a ship on the 24th so there is gap in the list. You can check this by clicking on the small question mark in the container box that you are currently preparing.
You have currently one ship out that was dispatched on the 23rd, but by missing the 24th then you haven't got a current ship to reuse the itinerary.
Try clicking the Reuse Last Itenerary again and see what the pop up messages tell you.

MOM GLENDA
Dec 18 2021, 10:09 PM
i forgot to change the itenery to use the same one i had been using .trying to fix names back and it want let me exchange names.i can only move the names already there .tryed 6 times and it not working. guess i send pink ship off like it is like i did brown ship yesterday

Taz D
Dec 18 2021, 10:19 PM
i forgot to change the itenery to use the same one i had been using .trying to fix names back and it want let me exchange names.i can only move the names already there .tryed 6 times and it not working. guess i send pink ship off like it is like i did brown ship yesterday
Hi Mom Glenda,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the cargo ships.
You can only change 10 names each time. If you haven't been able to change any try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

MOM GLENDA
Dec 18 2021, 11:36 PM
thanks i did over 10 names it been a long time since i forgot to use last one so i forgot about it being only 10 names. sorry

dpruitt43@yahoo.com
Dec 28 2021, 09:10 PM
I own 8 ships and while one sat at #30 I message the guy and asked if he'd move it along. He told me he was having issues with his ships and would move it as soon as he could. It timed out and it took my ship away. How do I get it back?

Taz D
Dec 28 2021, 09:20 PM
I own 8 ships and while one sat at #30 I message the guy and asked if he'd move it along. He told me he was having issues with his ships and would move it as soon as he could. It timed out and it took my ship away. How do I get it back?
Hi Dpruitt,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the cargo ships.
There are only 7 ships, not 8. You can only have 1 of each color ship. All 7 of your ships are already out dispatched with the Yellow one being only a few hours from returning.

dpruitt43@yahoo.com
Dec 29 2021, 12:15 PM
TY for your quick reply. I am getting older but I was so sure I always saw 8 ships. Guess it may have been the Warehouse set-up that put that in my head. Have a great New Year!!

farm town addiction
Dec 30 2021, 02:46 AM
why do I always get the same lame neighbours who don't play regularly on my list of people to choose from... most of the good regular players have disappeared off my list of choices.. It is so frustrating that I have to skip a third of the ports or the ships just sit there.. where are the rest of my neighbours? and why doesn't it at least rotate through them instead of keeping the same ones.. they don't play so are useless for ships..

Tiger
Dec 30 2021, 05:16 AM
why do I always get the same lame neighbours who don't play regularly on my list of people to choose from... most of the good regular players have disappeared off my list of choices.. It is so frustrating that I have to skip a third of the ports or the ships just sit there.. where are the rest of my neighbours? and why doesn't it at least rotate through them instead of keeping the same ones.. they don't play so are useless for ships..

Hi farm town addiction,

If any of your friends that normally do the ships disabled their ports for the holidays then the game won't be able to offer those to you to use.
If you are reusing the itinerary then it will give you the same ports again.
If you are not reusing the itinerary then it can only choose from friends that still have their ports open.
Check with some of the friends that normally play regularly that you can't see when you try to replace a port and see if they have disabled their ports for some reason, if they may be away for the holidays or may have forgotten to reopen their ports again.

farm town addiction
Dec 30 2021, 08:14 AM
thank you for that information... I have a further question, how do you even turn your port on or off?
Thanks

marymarcel
Dec 30 2021, 08:21 AM
thank you for that information... I have a further question, how do you even turn your port on or off?
Thanks

Hi farm town addiction :)

Tiger is not available at this moment.

Please click in your preferences, the wrench.

Look for Enable Ships option.

With this option you can participate in the ships feature of the game (check mark added) or you can close your port (remove the check mark) so you do not get any ships coming to your port. When this is disabled your seaport will not receive any more ships from other players and other players will not be able to load your ships.

farm town addiction
Dec 30 2021, 06:45 PM
thank you for that marymarcel.. I didn't realise that was even an option.

marymarcel
Dec 30 2021, 07:40 PM
thank you for that marymarcel.. I didn't realise that was even an option.

You are welcome farm town addiction and glad it helped you :)

spoiler1041
Jan 05 2022, 02:51 PM
I see a few neighbors are filling my ship before the boat actually reached their port. is that done with the overhead crane?

marymarcel
Jan 05 2022, 02:59 PM
I see a few neighbors are filling my ship before the boat actually reached their port. is that done with the overhead crane?

Hi spoiler :)

Your ship has to arrive to their port for them to be able to load it. If your ship is in the previous port it is impossible the next farmer could load it.

You have full information about the overhead cranes in the following link from our Game Guide:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6337494#post6337494

spoiler1041
Jan 05 2022, 03:25 PM
Hi spoiler :)

Your ship has to arrive to their port for them to be able to load it. If your ship is in the previous port it is impossible the next farmer could load it.

You have full information about the overhead cranes in the following link from our Game Guide:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6337494#post6337494

Sure looks like it can be done.

marymarcel
Jan 05 2022, 03:28 PM
Sure looks like it can be done.

If you are talking about Petunia port, it is pink as she has closed her port.

So when your ship gets that port, will be automatically skiped.

spoiler1041
Jan 05 2022, 03:30 PM
If you are talking about Petunia port, it is pink as she has closed her port.

So when your ship gets that port, will be automatically skiped.

So it says filled but it wont?

or is that a neat little trick? :)

just looked back at past ship...... zero loaded.

marymarcel
Jan 05 2022, 03:47 PM
So it says filled but it wont?

or is that a neat little trick? :)

just looked back at past ship...... zero loaded.

There is no trick spoiler.

Your friend Petunia has her port closed. When a farmer closes the port then it will show up as pink in your Ships Logbook to let you decide if you want to change that farmer for another who has the port open.

By the time you took the pic, your port had been in Reine port for 2.8 hours.

When Reine loads the ship, it will go to Hank Hill port, then after loaded to Jar port, then after loaded to Charis port, after loaded to Emilie port.

After Emilie loads the ship, it will automatically skip Petunia port as it is closed. As it is closed it shows 0 minutes as it will not wait there.
It automatically will go to deb port.

All the information in the following link for Cargo Ships:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622

BCLady
Jan 06 2022, 01:01 PM
On my orange ship I had 4 departments done then all of a sudden they where gone what happened to them?

marymarcel
Jan 06 2022, 01:08 PM
On my orange ship I had 4 departments done then all of a sudden they where gone what happened to them?

Hi BCLady :)

I had a look at your data and at this time, it shows only 2 containers loaded for your orange ship.

Before start loading a new one, please clear your memcache, link below, just in case there is a problem with the ship.

Click in the link and a new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen your farm and start a new container and see if this time it stays.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

Dana1971
Jan 11 2022, 01:35 PM
One of my ships is at a (Was) neighbor. I removed her as a neighbor after one full day, but she is still a Facebook friend. Anyhow, she has not been active, it's been 2 full day's now and my ship is in her port waiting to come home.
Can you all do anything to help please?

marymarcel
Jan 11 2022, 01:42 PM
One of my ships is at a (Was) neighbor. I removed her as a neighbor after one full day, but she is still a Facebook friend. Anyhow, she has not been active, it's been 2 full day's now and my ship is in her port waiting to come home.
Can you all do anything to help please?

Hi Dana :)

Im not sure why you removed her as neighbor as you can do other things to let your ship to continue the trip.

If the ship is not in the last port (30) then you can skip it or if you have the Overhead cranes, then you can fill the ship.

If it is in the last port, then sadly, you have to wait till 7 days have past and then the ship will go back home.

kperry7411
Jan 12 2022, 07:07 AM
why is the prep time on my cargo ships changing While I'm working on them.
I got a new puppy last week which messed up my shipping some, but that doesn't seem right.

marymarcel
Jan 12 2022, 07:25 AM
why is the prep time on my cargo ships changing While I'm working on them.
I got a new puppy last week which messed up my shipping some, but that doesn't seem right.

Hi kperry :)

Ships only stay on the dispatch list for exactly 7 days then they drop off the list.

If the preparation time changed while you were preparing containers, this is because the time is calculated according to how many ships you had previously dispatched in the last 7 days. For example: if you had dispatched 6 ships in the last 7 days and were preparing your Brown ship, the prep time would be 5.1 minutes, but if while you were preparing them one of those ships dropped from the list for being over 7 days old you would then change to a prep time of 5 dispatched ships, 10.2 minutes.

You have full information in the following link from our Game Guide:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6164118#post6164118

michelle jo
Jan 14 2022, 01:43 AM
can i please ask why half of my containers start off at 4 point something or 5 point something does a few then they go up to 10 point something to load it's been doing it for last few days never done that before i have cleaned everything out and also send ships off everyday all full ships thank you

Tiger
Jan 14 2022, 04:53 AM
can i please ask why half of my containers start off at 4 point something or 5 point something does a few then they go up to 10 point something to load it's been doing it for last few days never done that before i have cleaned everything out and also send ships off everyday all full ships thank you

Hi michelle jo,

Do you mean why do the container preparation times change?

Container preparation times are governed by not only the colour of the ship but also by how many ships you had dispatched in the last 7 days. If when you start preparing a ship you had 6 ships on the dispatch list, then one dropped from the list while you were still preparing a ship, leaving only 5 on the list, the time will then change to a longer one.

For example the brown ships shortest prep time would be 5.1 minutes with 6 ships dispatched in the last 7 days, but if while you were preparing it one dropped off the list it would then change to 10.2 minutes.

Container preparations times and how to check the dispatch list and times times while you are preparing a ship are explained in the Game Guide Chapter 32 Ships post#11

michelle jo
Jan 14 2022, 06:36 AM
it is when i start to prepare my ship and the time says say 5,.2 for each container then i will do a couple of containers and then they will suddenly change to 10.2 for the rest of the containers on the same ship i do a new ship every morning i sit and watch them fill so i can set it sailing as soon as they are all filled thank you hope you understand what i mean

Tiger
Jan 14 2022, 06:57 AM
it is when i start to prepare my ship and the time says say 5,.2 for each container then i will do a couple of containers and then they will suddenly change to 10.2 for the rest of the containers on the same ship i do a new ship every morning i sit and watch them fill so i can set it sailing as soon as they are all filled thank you hope you understand what i mean

Hi michelle jo,

It's because when you started preparing the containers on todays ship, you started off with the dispatch list showing you had dispatched 6 ships in the last 7 days which gave you the time of 5.1.
Then when one of those ships on the dispatch list was over 7 days since it was dispatched it left you with only 5 ships on the dispatch list which changes the time to prepare a container. As you were still preparing a ship that meant the time to prepare changed to 10.2.
To avoid that happening you need to make sure you dispatch a ship every day.
If you are short on time on any day just prepare one container and dispatch it rather than not do one at all.

Tomorrow when you start preparing containers on your ship, check the dispatch list and see how many ships are on the dispatch list.
It will show you the date and times for each one so make a note of date and time of the oldest one on the list as that will drop off first.
If you are still preparing tomorrows ship when the oldest one on that list reaches 7 days since it was dispatched, then your container preparation time on tomorrows ship will change to a slower one.

michelle jo
Jan 14 2022, 07:42 AM
ok thank you for that will take note of them tomorrow and i only start to prepare them first thing in the morning and then wait till its all done and send it straight away i don't prepare the day before i never have done that i sit with the ship page open and watch them load lol makes it easier for me thank you though for replying and working it all out for me

Tiger
Jan 14 2022, 12:26 PM
ok thank you for that will take note of them tomorrow and i only start to prepare them first thing in the morning and then wait till its all done and send it straight away i don't prepare the day before i never have done that i sit with the ship page open and watch them load lol makes it easier for me thank you though for replying and working it all out for me

Hi michelle jo,

When you look at the dispatch list tomorrow, look for the ship you dispatched last Saturday, you want to make a note of the time it was dispatched as the second that time is over 7 days is when it will drop off the list.

To give you an example:
Lets say these ship dates and times were showing on the dispatch list tomorrow. You will have to check the dates and times yourself on your own dispatch list to get the correct dates and times for your own ships:

2022-01-14 9:17
2022-01-13 10:10
2022-01-12 08:15
2022-01-11 09:30
2022-01-09 10:27
2022-01-08 09:00

NO ship was sent on the 10th which is why it isn't showing up in that list.
There are 6 ships on that list.
The oldest ship on that list was dispatched last Saturday 2022-01-08 09:00

If on the 15th a ship was being prepared and all the containers had been prepared on it by 09:00, all the containers would have had the shorter prep time.

BUT if the ship doesn't have all the containers prepared by 08:59:59 one was still in progress of being prepared OR more containers were needed to be prepared, then at exactly 09:00 the remaining containers to be loaded will change to a longer preparation time than the ones already loaded before 09:00

That would happen because the ship dispatched on the 8th was then over 7 days old so no longer counts towards container preparation times.
There would then only be 5 ships on the dispatch list so the container preparation time changes to a slower prep time.

By dispatching a ship every day that gives you some breathing space to still use the shorter prep times because even if one of the 7 ships drops off the list you still have 6 ships left on the list, which is enough to give you the shortest preparation times.

RIAP27
Jan 15 2022, 12:08 PM
I am running into an issue with my cargo ships regarding ports. When I want to replace a unreliable port, I am finding the choices I have are mostly neighbors or previous ports I already rejected because they are unreliable. How can I "refresh" that replacement list or even invite those who are reliable but not for some reason on my replacement list? Maybe delete known unreliable from that list? On my main acct its not so bad as I have the cranes to load, but on the other I manage she only has one crane so has to skip ports all the time and lose product.

Taz D
Jan 15 2022, 12:21 PM
I am running into an issue with my cargo ships regarding ports. When I want to replace a unreliable port, I am finding the choices I have are mostly neighbors or previous ports I already rejected because they are unreliable. How can I "refresh" that replacement list or even invite those who are reliable but not for some reason on my replacement list? Maybe delete known unreliable from that list? On my main acct its not so bad as I have the cranes to load, but on the other I manage she only has one crane so has to skip ports all the time and lose product.
Hi Riap,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about Cargo Ships.
That list is from Facebook and contains all your neighbors who have their ports active. There isn't any way to remove any one from the list unless they turn off their port or you remove them as a neighbor. Only neighbors can help with the cargo ships.
Only way you can refresh the list would be to run memcache that we know of and even that may not change anything.

RIAP27
Jan 15 2022, 01:58 PM
Thanks for getting back to me.
I will try running memcache and hope new neighbors show up. It just seems like there are folks loading my cargo ships that are not on my "neighbor" list available. Will give it a try and see if they show up. I really need to remove about 8=10 people who just don't load the ships either at all or in a timely manner (less than 2 days!)

smileyonebjc
Jan 18 2022, 01:55 PM
Is something wrong with the ships today? It was working and loading fine last night but today it is showing that "0" products are loading in every port.

Taz D
Jan 18 2022, 02:04 PM
Is something wrong with the ships today? It was working and loading fine last night but today it is showing that "0" products are loading in every port.
Hi smileyonebjc,
Please provide youor farms ID, so we can check this for you. You can find your ID number in the banner at the top of your farms.

tammyjo408
Jan 28 2022, 08:48 AM
i have good neighbors that do not show up in ship log to choose from. I removed some neighbors who don't send ships, ran memecache. loaded farm. and still can not get my good neighbors to show on the list to choose from. can anything be done to improve this? ships are becoming more of a pain.

Taz D
Jan 28 2022, 09:37 AM
i have good neighbors that do not show up in ship log to choose from. I removed some neighbors who don't send ships, ran memecache. loaded farm. and still can not get my good neighbors to show on the list to choose from. can anything be done to improve this? ships are becoming more of a pain.
Hi Tammyjo,
I moved your post from Suggestions to the Help & Support thread about the ships to answer you.
All of your neighbors who have the port enabled in their preferences will be in that list or already in your logbook list for the ships. If those neighbors are not showing in your list then ask them if they have their port enabled or disabled.

tammyjo408
Jan 28 2022, 10:38 AM
they do. plus, I removed a few neighbors (have ships enabled but never send my ships). so I got rid of them. but still can't get my good neighbors onto the list to select them. will give it a couple of days to see if they will show up. thanks.

Taz D
Jan 28 2022, 10:40 AM
they do. plus, I removed a few neighbors (have ships enabled but never send my ships). so I got rid of them. but still can't get my good neighbors onto the list to select them. will give it a couple of days to see if they will show up. thanks.
Hi tammyjo,
If these are new neighbors then yes it can take a few days for them to show. Those lists come from Facebook and they are never fast.

BethFB
Feb 13 2022, 11:25 AM
I have on a occasions find non-friend ships in my port.
I thought you had to be friends to send ships to other people's ports.
Is this a glitch as I've used the cleaner to make my game move easy but once in a while a non-friend shows up in my port.

Thanks!
Beth

marymarcel
Feb 13 2022, 12:36 PM
I have on a occasions find non-friend ships in my port.
I thought you had to be friends to send ships to other people's ports.
Is this a glitch as I've used the cleaner to make my game move easy but once in a while a non-friend shows up in my port.

Thanks!
Beth

Hi Beth :)

This happens due a change made by Facebook affecting facilities posts, trains and ships.

When a farmer is managing more than one account in the same browser or using the Switch by facebook this kind of errors happens.
That farmer is maybe, friend with you, but the other account not.
Then when they send ships, in this case, you get them as non friends as it is for the other account.

You can try to find out who is the friend doing this, and ask them to do all work for one account, then close that account and restart. Then work the other account.

Or they can use different browsers for each account.

If this happens to you for trains boosts, then instead of boosting them in your Train manager, go to you My requests and find that request. It will show you which of your friends is sending it, so you will be able to contact them.

kathleenkelly
Feb 14 2022, 12:11 PM
I had four minutes left to dispatch my ship and it would not let me and now it is not eligible. I just bought my ships and do not appreciate how much work and funds I put into preparing it just to have this happen. I set a timer with plenty of time to spare.

marymarcel
Feb 14 2022, 12:25 PM
I had four minutes left to dispatch my ship and it would not let me and now it is not eligible. I just bought my ships and do not appreciate how much work and funds I put into preparing it just to have this happen. I set a timer with plenty of time to spare.

Hi kathleenkelly :)

Im sorry this happened to you. Are you sure you cant start loading a new one?

I had a look at your data and you dispatched your blue ship yesterday and it is in its trip.

Maybe you can try the following. I use to do this if for some reassons, vacations or power outages here, but you can use this as you are starting with ships.

The times for loading containers can be reduced according to the amount of ships dispatched in the last 7 days.
Based on this, I then only load a few containers and dispatch my ship.
Next day, when I go to start the new ship, containers will have a reduced time as I have a ship dispatched.
Same next day and the following. Maybe you will not get lot of products but times for loading containers will be reduced so you will be able to load more containers in less time.

Once you get time reduced, you will be able to load all containers in a short time.

Please go to the following link to get all information about Ships including times reduced:

kathleenkelly
Feb 14 2022, 01:10 PM

Im sorry this happened to you. Are you sure you cant start loading a new one?

I had a look at your data and you dispatched your blue ship yesterday and it is in its trip.

Maybe you can try the following. I use to do this if for some reassons, vacations or power outages here, but you can use this as you are starting with ships.

The times for loading containers can be reduced according to the amount of ships dispatched in the last 7 days.
Based on this, I then only load a few containers and dispatch my ship.
Next day, when I go to start the new ship, containers will have a reduced time as I have a ship dispatched.
Same next day and the following. Maybe you will not get lot of products but times for loading containers will be reduced so you will be able to load more containers in less time.

Once you get time reduced, you will be able to load all containers in a short time.

Please go to the following link to get all information about Ships including times reduced:

I dispatched my blue and began prepping orange, which was the one that was supposed to go out. I had all but two containers prepared and went to hit dispatch with four minutes to spare and it said I couldn't because I was out of time.

marymarcel
Feb 14 2022, 01:15 PM
I dispatched my blue and began prepping orange, which was the one that was supposed to go out. I had all but two containers prepared and went to hit dispatch with four minutes to spare and it said I couldn't because I was out of time.

Im sorry but we cant do anything about that as it cant be reverted.

Just try to not wait till almost the last minutes to send this new one. Sometimes it is better to send the ship with a few containers loaded than dont be able to send it out.

kathleenkelly
Feb 16 2022, 07:38 AM
This may be a silly question, but when I help other people with their ships and they help me with mine, are those products coming from our storage or from FT?

marymarcel
Feb 16 2022, 07:44 AM
This may be a silly question, but when I help other people with their ships and they help me with mine, are those products coming from our storage or from FT?

Those products come from the Mayor, so they are from Farm Town.

kathleenkelly
Feb 16 2022, 09:17 AM

Those products come from the Mayor, so they are from Farm Town.

Thank you so much!

marymarcel
Feb 16 2022, 11:15 AM
Thank you so much!

You are welcome kathleenkelly :)

JanWhite
Feb 24 2022, 09:48 AM
for the last 3 days I have sent my ship, with the right times, until they get to the last two containers and then the time doubles. I don't know why it is doing it. It starts right, but then on the last two containers it doubles the time, I don't unload any ships or anything. Also I am having issues with irrigation not working all the time in the same manner. it says it does I save, it says it did, the next day it is not. and my crops are at the long time.

Taz D
Feb 24 2022, 09:59 AM
for the last 3 days I have sent my ship, with the right times, until they get to the last two containers and then the time doubles. I don't know why it is doing it. It starts right, but then on the last two containers it doubles the time, I don't unload any ships or anything. Also I am having issues with irrigation not working all the time in the same manner. it says it does I save, it says it did, the next day it is not. and my crops are at the long time.
Hi Jan White,
The times will change if the number of ships you have dispatched in the past 7 days changes each ship on that list is only there for 7 days exactly to the second. So if the oldest ship on that list was dispatched early then it will drop off the list and that will change the length of time for preparing containers. When this happens you can check the list of ships on the dispatched list by clicking on the small question mark in the container box of the one you are preparing.
For the irrigation, the I will disappear after 20 hours on the farm, but the crop time does not revert back to the full time. If the times are the full length time then either you were not able to irrigate or you didn't actually irrigate it. Only thing I can suggest after you irrigate make a note of the time length for the crop as itis irrigated and then check to see if it is still the shortened time the next day.

JanWhite
Feb 24 2022, 10:22 AM
I don't think you understand what I said. The ship starts with the right time, then changes to double the time on the last to containers of that ship.
My husbands ships do not do that, and we work the same ships every day. There is a problem.

JanWhite
Feb 24 2022, 10:24 AM
I know you say the crops don't revert back. but you don't see it. I do

Taz D
Feb 24 2022, 10:29 AM
I don't think you understand what I said. The ship starts with the right time, then changes to double the time on the last to containers of that ship.
My husbands ships do not do that, and we work the same ships every day. There is a problem.
Hi Jan White,
I do understand. If the last ship on the list is dispatched, for example at 7:30 AM on Thursday a week ago, then it will drop off the list at 7:30 AM today. That will leave you with one less ship on the list of dispatched ships. At that time your time for preparation will change to a longer time for the next container because you no longer have the same number of ships that have been dispatched. There isn't a problem as it is working the way it is supposed to be.
You can find all this information in the Game Guide chapter 32 about ships:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622

Taz D
Feb 24 2022, 10:30 AM
I know you say the crops don't revert back. but you don't see it. I do
Hi Jan White,
If they are actually irrigated they will not revert back. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.

Try this before you irrigate the next set of crops.

GRB
Feb 27 2022, 11:06 PM
I have 2 ships at "PORT FRIEND". I am guessing somewhere I have lost a neighbor. I can't seem to find the missing neighbor. Just checking if this has happened to anyone else.

Taz D
Feb 27 2022, 11:21 PM
I have 2 ships at "PORT FRIEND". I am guessing somewhere I have lost a neighbor. I can't seem to find the missing neighbor. Just checking if this has happened to anyone else.
Hi GRB,
Yes it can happen if they have removed you as a neighbor, didn't remove you as a friend.

GRB
Feb 28 2022, 11:00 AM
Hi GRB,
Yes it can happen if they have removed you as a neighbor, didn't remove you as a friend.

Now I have have 2 ships that have a deleted port and 2 ships that show only 29 ports to visit. And the ship that I am currently filling and trying to use last itinerary used shows an empty port. Still can't figure who left the Cargo Ships, :rolleyes:

Taz D
Feb 28 2022, 11:06 AM
Now I have have 2 ships that have a deleted port and 2 ships that show only 29 ports to visit. And the ship that I am currently filling and trying to use last itinerary used shows an empty port. Still can't figure who left the Cargo Ships, :rolleyes:
Hi GRB,
The only way to figure it out is check the My Neighbors tab and see who of the ones listed there in white that you know were your neighbor.
For the ships missing ports, when you next are preparing a ship then you will need to add another neighbor's port to fill that empty slot. That is the only time you can add one.

sherr
Feb 28 2022, 12:49 PM
I am not getting any ships at my port. Could it be closed and how do I open it

marymarcel
Feb 28 2022, 12:55 PM
I am not getting any ships at my port. Could it be closed and how do I open it

Hi sherr :)

I had a look at your data and your port is open. If you want to verify, please click in your preferences, the wrench, and see if Enable Ships option has a check mark.

When you have your port closed, then you dont receive ships from your neighbors but also, your own ships do not continue their trips.

I can see you have 2 ships on their trips and 1 ship being prepearing at this time.

For more information on Ships, please click in the following link:

honeybear4848
Feb 28 2022, 01:31 PM
I don't have 30 neighbors who keep ships sailing to ports...can i add people who are not on my ships itinerary? some of the ones i currently have take forever to load my ship and it ends up being skipped anyway.

marymarcel
Feb 28 2022, 01:42 PM
I don't have 30 neighbors who keep ships sailing to ports...can i add people who are not on my ships itinerary? some of the ones i currently have take forever to load my ship and it ends up being skipped anyway.

Hi honeybear :)

According to your data you have 101 neighbors, so maybe you should change some of the ones in your itinerary for others who are doing ships.

Those changes can only be done while you are preparing your ship. You can change up to 10 ports.
You have all the information in the following link from our Game guide for Ships:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6135726#post6135726

If you need new neighbors doing ships, please visit the following thread where farmers post asking for neighbors:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198

Just take in mind that you could be at your neighbors limit, so maybe you will need to delete some of them to be able to add new ones. You can click in your My Neighbors tab and sort players "by Activity", uncheck "Active players only" option, to see when it was the last time they played the game.

FRANKLHOLDER
Mar 20 2022, 05:03 AM
All of my ships are empty, today 3/20/2022. I am on my last ship for the week to load and send out and I find it empty. I check all the other ships, same thing. I have lost all the products from 7 ships now and my "saved" list of ports I send my ships to, is not there. Please help, thank you.

Tiger
Mar 20 2022, 05:48 AM
All of my ships are empty, today 3/20/2022. I am on my last ship for the week to load and send out and I find it empty. I check all the other ships, same thing. I have lost all the products from 7 ships now and my "saved" list of ports I send my ships to, is not there. Please help, thank you.

Hi FRANKLHOLDER,

The ships that came back empty, did you check the itinerary before dispatching them to make sure none of the ports were empty or any were showing up with a pink background?
If you lost any neighbours that were on your original itinerary then those automatically get removed from your ports so you would have to pick other farmers to use when that happens.
Did you check to see if any of those ships had got stuck at any port before you unloaded them or check to see if any returned earlier than they should have?

If you unloaded them before reusing the ships itinerary on todays ship then you will have to reorder the itinerary you have now if it's not in the right order for when your neighbours play.
If you know some farmers are less likely to be doing them often try swapping some for ones that you know will. You can use the replace up to 10 times.
The itinerary you have now will be famers that have their ports open and have played most recently, looking back over the last week. If you need to, you might get a better idea of when they are likely to be playing if you look in wall requests and see when they last posted their facilities and see if any of those friends are neighbours that you could use.

Try clearing your FT memcache to make sure nothing in your farm data could be causing a problem. To do that Click Here (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached). A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and that's it done.

Check the computer time and date are also still showing up correct and make sure you are keeping up with any browser updates and clear the caches if you have not done so for a while.

kathleenkelly
Apr 03 2022, 01:36 PM
Can I own more than one set of ships?

marymarcel
Apr 03 2022, 01:45 PM
Can I own more than one set of ships?

No. You can only have 1 ship of every color.

kathleenkelly
Apr 03 2022, 02:23 PM
Thank you!

marymarcel
Apr 03 2022, 02:26 PM
Thank you!

You are welcome kathleenkelly :)

LizaLee
Apr 08 2022, 09:26 PM
5 of my neighbors do not send ships out or load neighbors ships, they are good neighbors who work my farms and facilities, as I do theirs, but If I could remove them from my list of ships I would no longer need to go and send those ships on myself and lose items. There must be a way to delete them completely from the list of neighbors doing ships. ???? Thank you for any explanation that may help me with this issue.

Taz D
Apr 08 2022, 10:15 PM
5 of my neighbors do not send ships out or load neighbors ships, they are good neighbors who work my farms and facilities, as I do theirs, but If I could remove them from my list of ships I would no longer need to go and send those ships on myself and lose items. There must be a way to delete them completely from the list of neighbors doing ships. ???? Thank you for any explanation that may help me with this issue.
Hi LizaLee,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread for the cargo ships.

The only way for them to removed from your list is for them to go to their preferences (wrench) and uncheck the box for "Enble ships". You can remove them from the list.
You can find all the information about setting up your neighbors ports in the Game Guide chapter 32 about the ships:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622

SusieB
Apr 14 2022, 09:53 PM
Apologies if this has been asked and answered before. Guide says ships return to home port 7 days after start of prep time. Understandably, this changed by an hour with the inception of daylight savings time. However, I'm finding that ships with beginning prep time of 10:00 pm DST are now not returning to home port till at least an hour after start of prep 7 days ago. Thursday ship used to return home at 10:00 pm is now not back at home port till 11:15. I'm meticulous about unloading and starting prep as soon as possible. Please help!!

Taz D
Apr 14 2022, 10:18 PM
Apologies if this has been asked and answered before. Guide says ships return to home port 7 days after start of prep time. Understandably, this changed by an hour with the inception of daylight savings time. However, I'm finding that ships with beginning prep time of 10:00 pm DST are now not returning to home port till at least an hour after start of prep 7 days ago. Thursday ship used to return home at 10:00 pm is now not back at home port till 11:15. I'm meticulous about unloading and starting prep as soon as possible. Please help!!
Hi SusieB,
Do your ships not get through all 30 ports? The 7 days is only the maximum time, but if your neighbors are quick they can be back in much shorter time, so I am not sure how you can determine when a ship will actually return as they should not be taking the 7 days as long as you have neighbors who are working them.
I am not sure that the prep time is affected by DST as I don't have any way to test this. We only see the current prep time for each of your ships and not the past one so there isn't any way to check this for you.

SusieB
Apr 14 2022, 10:47 PM
ships rarely get through all 30 ports but, still take over 7 days total to return to home. All I can say is that ship that was available to unload and re-stock at 10:15 last Thursday was not able to be unloaded and re-stocked till 11:10 tonight. Have even tried not stocking with products I don't need.

Taz D
Apr 14 2022, 10:55 PM
ships rarely get through all 30 ports but, still take over 7 days total to return to home. All I can say is that ship that was available to unload and re-stock at 10:15 last Thursday was not able to be unloaded and re-stocked till 11:10 tonight. Have even tried not stocking with products I don't need.
Hi SusieB,
Then it can not be because of DST as we changed to that on March 13th, several weeks ago. I will have to check but I am not sure that the 7 days begins at the beginning of the prep time, but begins when the ship is dispatched instead.

If you wish you can contact Support about this. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Sqrl
Apr 15 2022, 07:42 AM
I was preparing a ship but ran out of time. But even after clearing memcache for another issue the game keeps reminding me that the last container has finished preparing.

marymarcel
Apr 15 2022, 08:31 AM
I was preparing a ship but ran out of time. But even after clearing memcache for another issue the game keeps reminding me that the last container has finished preparing.

Hi Sqrl :)

If you still have this problem, please run memcache again, close your farms in all tabs you have the game open and then close facebook for a minute.

Reopen facebook and load the game and see if the problem is fixed.

Sqrl
Apr 15 2022, 09:44 AM
Unfortunately that didn't fix it.

marymarcel
Apr 15 2022, 09:53 AM
Unfortunately that didn't fix it.

Im sorry it didnt work Sqrl.

I just ran a deeper memcache for you. Please close everything again and reopen facebook and then the game.

If you still have the problem, then clear your browser cache. The first time you load the game after the clearing it will load very slowly as all graphics have to be loaded again.

Instructions on how to clear your browser cache in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

Sqrl
Apr 15 2022, 09:59 AM
It's very persistent. Maybe if I prepare the ship again it will go away.

Edited to add: yes, that did it.

marymarcel
Apr 15 2022, 10:02 AM
It's very persistent. Maybe if I prepare the ship again it will go away.

First please try what I suggested you in my post just above your last one.

If those dont help you, then try to start the ship again.

If nothing helps, then please contact Support.

Sqrl
Apr 15 2022, 10:03 AM
Oh, I did all those things :) but they didn't work. Preparing the ship again worked.

marymarcel
Apr 15 2022, 10:05 AM
Oh, I did all those things :) but they didn't work. Preparing the ship again worked.

Okis Sqrl, glad the problem is fixed for you :)

LakeSide Farm
Apr 20 2022, 06:04 AM
My containers are being filled. While that, I work on crops. I am not getting the call back when a container is filled. Thanks for having such a good game.
Carol McGeachan 1362030340

Tiger
Apr 20 2022, 06:56 AM
My containers are being filled. While that, I work on crops. I am not getting the call back when a container is filled. Thanks for having such a good game.
Carol McGeachan 1362030340

Hi Carol,
I have moved your post to Help and Support for the cargo ships as it is not about the latest release.

The behavior of when the notification popups will show and when they don't are:

The popups will only show if you remain on the same farm while the ship is being prepared.

When you go to other farms you need to check the ships yourself as they will stop showing up.

If you reload the game and the last container is already prepared, then you will see the notification popup again.

Sqrl
Apr 26 2022, 07:04 PM
In the game guide, it says for ships:

When a ship is Dispatched, you can click on the ? of each container in the Ship Manager to check how many of each products are currently loaded in the container, just mouse over the product images.

But when you do this, you don't get the amount in the container, you get the amount that's already in storage.

Taz D
Apr 26 2022, 07:07 PM
In the game guide, it says for ships:

But when you do this, you don't get the amount in the container, you get the amount that's already in storage.
Hi Sqrl,
That may have changed since the switch to Unity. I will copy your post to the closed thread for the developers.

CeejayF
Apr 29 2022, 07:56 AM
I do my ships faithfully each day, my PC's time and date is correct, so how come I suddenly have to wait 43 minutes between containers?

marymarcel
Apr 29 2022, 08:15 AM
I do my ships faithfully each day, my PC's time and date is correct, so how come I suddenly have to wait 43 minutes between containers?

Hi CeejayF :)

I had a look at your data for ships and it seems there is an issue there.

Please contact Support team to let them check on this. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

If you dont find the automatic response then read the following information:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Sqrl
May 08 2022, 03:19 AM
Timing displays for ships seem a bit erratic. When I set a container going it usually displays 5.4 minutes. But if I close the ship and return to the all-ships screen, the timing is either 7 minutes or not there at all. I don't suppose it matters as the container finishes preparing anyway.

Taz D
May 08 2022, 09:22 AM
Timing displays for ships seem a bit erratic. When I set a container going it usually displays 5.4 minutes. But if I close the ship and return to the all-ships screen, the timing is either 7 minutes or not there at all. I don't suppose it matters as the container finishes preparing anyway.
Hi Sqrl,
The 7 minutes is when the pop up will show if you don't start the next container before it shows. Or at least that is the way I see.

Sqrl
May 08 2022, 12:06 PM
Hi Sqrl,
The 7 minutes is when the pop up will show if you don't start the next container before it shows. Or at least that is the way I see.

Oh, right!

bgfarmer
Jun 08 2022, 09:08 AM
I have an issue with the Seaport Manager. I click the red eye turning it black so that all my ships are available for loading. As soon as I leave the Seaport Manager and work on other areas of my farms, the SM goes read unclicking all my boats - so that none get loaded. Help Please.

Taz D
Jun 08 2022, 09:27 AM
I have an issue with the Seaport Manager. I click the red eye turning it black so that all my ships are available for loading. As soon as I leave the Seaport Manager and work on other areas of my farms, the SM goes read unclicking all my boats - so that none get loaded. Help Please.
Hi Bgfarmer,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about cargo ships from the Suggestions section. Please do not post problems in that as it is only for making suggestions to change things in the game.
Please make sure when you click the eye to turn it black that you add a check in the box for each ship. then when that is done click it turn it red agai and all ships should show up.

Vivienne57
Jun 19 2022, 03:59 PM
There is no option to replace a farmer in the ships log book. It seems to either have disappeared or is not working. Thanks

Taz D
Jun 19 2022, 04:02 PM
There is no option to replace a farmer in the ships log book. It seems to either have disappeared or is not working. Thanks
HI Vivienne,
You can only replace a port when the ship's containers are being prepared. That is the only time the replace button shows. Also you can only replace 10 each time you are preparing the containers.

Alexandra_J
Jun 20 2022, 06:33 AM
My ships aren't dispatching the 1st time they should. The dispatch pop up hides, so I have to click on the x to see it click on the green button then I go back to ships and find it's not dispatched so I do it a 2nd time and this time it takes.

Tiger
Jun 20 2022, 06:56 AM
My ships aren't dispatching the 1st time they should. The dispatch pop up hides, so I have to click on the x to see it click on the green button then I go back to ships and find it's not dispatched so I do it a 2nd time and this time it takes.

Hi Alexandra_J,

Does this happen every time you dispatch your ship or only sometimes?

If you haven't done so, try reloading the game before you dispatch the next one and see if that makes any difference.

Alexandra_J
Jun 20 2022, 07:23 AM
Hi Alexandra_J,

Does this happen every time you dispatch your ship or only sometimes?

If you haven't done so, try reloading the game before you dispatch the next one and see if that makes any difference.

I will let you know the outcome

Karlene
Jun 22 2022, 05:10 PM
Hi. In the Seaport Manager A to Z dropdown box, I'd like to make "Trip Remaining Time" the default choice. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

marymarcel
Jun 22 2022, 05:20 PM
Hi. In the Seaport Manager A to Z dropdown box, I'd like to make "Trip Remaining Time" the default choice. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

Hi Karlene :)

Please post your idea in our Suggestion section where we have all ideas grouped by theme for the developers to read.

You cant start a new thread there, but you can post as a reply to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to Suggestions
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

barbara nixon
Jun 27 2022, 01:56 PM
last night i dispatched a ship i had finished loading..today i come back and i get note says i took too much time so now i have to start over. i made a point to double check because this is not the first time it has happened..i've lost quite a few..i know my memory is not as good but it's not that bad...tell me what i can do..

marymarcel
Jun 27 2022, 02:07 PM
last night i dispatched a ship i had finished loading..today i come back and i get note says i took too much time so now i have to start over. i made a point to double check because this is not the first time it has happened..i've lost quite a few..i know my memory is not as good but it's not that bad...tell me what i can do..

Hi barbara nixon :)

Im sorry this happened to you. I can see in your data that you unloaded 2 ships (Blue and Pink) yesterday and you are now preparing the Green ship.

You can run memcache, link below, trying to prevent this problem happens again. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farms in every tab you have it open. Then reopen your farms.

Also, after dispatching your ship, close the Ship manager and reload the game.
Then reopen the Ship manager and be sure the ship is showing in the first port.

CeejayF
Jul 28 2022, 05:25 PM
I get error messages when trying to dispatch ships. Something about 'Player Loop' - image attached. Any idea why? :rolleyes: Thanks!

marymarcel
Jul 28 2022, 05:31 PM
I get error messages when trying to dispatch ships. Something about 'Player Loop' - image attached. Any idea why? :rolleyes: Thanks!

Hi CeejayF :)

I moved your post to the thread about Ships.

Im sorry but there isnt any image attached.

Where are you seeing that error? In the console? In a pop up when you are trying to dispatch the ship?

Is this error preventing you to dispatch the ship? Which ship are you trying to dispatch?

You can run memcache, link below, trying to prevent this problem happens again. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farms in every tab you have it open. Then reopen your farms.

EDITED TO ADD: Your data shows that you dispatched your Purple ship today and it is on its trip, on port 9 by the time I checked.

CeejayF
Jul 28 2022, 05:38 PM
OOPS - I tried sending the image again. At the moment my farm is hung up trying to load ships and the error message displays in the feed below my farm.

marymarcel
Jul 28 2022, 05:43 PM
OOPS - I tried sending the image again. At the moment my farm is hung up trying to load ships and the error message displays in the feed below my farm.

I answered you in the post just above your last one.

Im confused, are you trying to dispatch a ship (you already dispatched one today) or trying to load your friends ships when the error occurs?

In my previous response I asked you to clear your memcache.

After that, please close your farm and facebook and then restart your computer.
See if that fixes the error.

CeejayF
Jul 28 2022, 05:47 PM
The issue occurred while clicking to send off my neighbors' ships - not my own

marymarcel
Jul 28 2022, 05:51 PM
The issue occurred while clicking to send off my neighbors' ships - not my own

Ok CeejayF, please do the suggestions I posted in my previous response and see if the error clears up.

CeejayF
Jul 28 2022, 06:08 PM
I shut down and rebooted and the ships appear to have gone on their way - no way to tell for sure ;)

marymarcel
Jul 28 2022, 06:11 PM
I shut down and rebooted and the ships appear to have gone on their way - no way to tell for sure ;)

Thanks for coming back to let us know Ceejay :)

Zeeky Banutski
Aug 17 2022, 08:21 PM
Is there a way to replace players on the “alternate” list? In other words, some of my neighbors are not actively participating in Cargo Ships, so I want to replace them - I know how to do that - but some of the folks on my replacement list are also not participating in Cargo Ships either & these are the ones I’d like to replace…I have some new neighbors that I know participate in Cargo Ships, but they are not appearing on that replacement list. How do I do that? Or can I do that?

Taz D
Aug 17 2022, 08:32 PM
Is there a way to replace players on the “alternate” list? In other words, some of my neighbors are not actively participating in Cargo Ships, so I want to replace them - I know how to do that - but some of the folks on my replacement list are also not participating in Cargo Ships either & these are the ones I’d like to replace…I have some new neighbors that I know participate in Cargo Ships, but they are not appearing on that replacement list. How do I do that? Or can I do that?
Hi Zeeky Bantuski,
I am sorry, but the replacement list as you call it is all of your neighbors who have their port enabled in their preferences. The only way they will be removed is if they uncheck the box for Enable Ships in their preferences. If you have some new ones not showing up it may be that data has not updated yet. There isn't a limit to how many are on your list, so removing the ones who don't do the cargo ships even though they have the ships enabled really would not make any difference.

RomanticSoul
Aug 21 2022, 07:57 AM
Not sure why But on my Moms farm. Her train times seem to keep changing. Do them the same time everyday or around the same time. Be working fine for a while then go back to 12 mins instead of 6. for no apparent reason. Yesterday I dispatched her orange ship and is still sitting in port. I have cleared memcache and still dispatched and her blue ship is taking 12 minutes to load. Not sure why its only her ships doing this. Do Mine, My moms and my dads daily. Mine and my dads have normal times but hers are takng twice as long for some unknown reason.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1628440002&farm_ix=0

amedlin1010
Aug 21 2022, 08:14 AM
I totally agree with Zeeky. I have the same issue. I am missing some people on my "alternate" list that I know are doing ships. For example, the other day, I replaced one of my regular ship people because he was going to be out of town for awhile. Now that he's back, his name is not on my list and I can't put him back. I know he's doing ships because he sends me his.

marymarcel
Aug 21 2022, 08:43 AM
Not sure why But on my Moms farm. Her train times seem to keep changing. Do them the same time everyday or around the same time. Be working fine for a while then go back to 12 mins instead of 6. for no apparent reason. Yesterday I dispatched her orange ship and is still sitting in port. I have cleared memcache and still dispatched and her blue ship is taking 12 minutes to load. Not sure why its only her ships doing this. Do Mine, My moms and my dads daily. Mine and my dads have normal times but hers are takng twice as long for some unknown reason.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1628440002&farm_ix=0

Hi RomanticSoul :)

I checked data for the link you posted but not sure if it is yours or your mom. I can see the orange ship has been at port 7 for more than 10 hours, so it can be skipped or loaded if you have the tools to do this.

About the times changing while your mom is preparing the ship, it depends on how many ships she has sent in the last 7 days. It works similiar to quests. When 7 days have past for a ship then it drops off the list.

http://r1.slashkey.com/images/gameguide/Ships/help icon1.PNG When you start preparing a container, a second help icon appears on the container to the right of the container time, indicated with the red arrow in the picture below. The second help icon only shows during the preparation of that container. You can click on it and see the explanation for the preparation time for that container.

http://r1.slashkey.com/images/gameguide/Ships/Preparing container arrow SEP 2020.png

In the pop up that appears it will tell you the container preparation time based on how many ships you have dispatched in the last 7 days and how many ships you have dispatched in that time.

If you click on "Sure, let me see them" it will show you your dispatch dates in the last 7 days.

Click the “OK, thanks” to close the box.

NOTE: Ships only stay on the dispatch list for exactly 7 days then they drop off the list.

If the preparation time changed whilst you were preparing containers, this is because the time is calculated according to how many ships you had previously dispatched in the last 7 days. For example if you had dispatched 6 ships in the last 7 days and were preparing your Brown ship, the prep time would be 5.1 minutes, but if while you were preparing them one of those ships dropped from the list for being over 7 days old you would then change to a prep time of 5 dispatched ships, 10.2 minutes.

If you need full information about ships, please visit the following link from our Game guide:

marymarcel
Aug 21 2022, 08:49 AM
I totally agree with Zeeky. I have the same issue. I am missing some people on my "alternate" list that I know are doing ships. For example, the other day, I replaced one of my regular ship people because he was going to be out of town for awhile. Now that he's back, his name is not on my list and I can't put him back. I know he's doing ships because he sends me his.

Hi amedlin :)

Im not sure if this will work, but if your friend has his port open again try the following:

Before starting a new ship, send that friend a gift and if he sent you one, accept it. Try to work his facilities in case he posts them, or send ingredients or get any bonus he posts. Just try to interact with him before starting the ship.

Then while preparing the new ship, check if he shows up in the replacement list.

As I said Im not sure if it will work but it doesnt hurt to try. :)

RomanticSoul
Aug 21 2022, 09:10 AM

I checked data for the link you posted but not sure if it is yours or your mom. I can see the orange ship has been at port 7 for more than 10 hours, so it can be skipped or loaded if you have the tools to do this.

About the times changing while your mom is preparing the ship, it depends on how many ships she has sent in the last 7 days. It works similiar to quests. When 7 days have past for a ship then it drops off the list.

http://r1.slashkey.com/images/gameguide/Ships/help icon1.PNG When you start preparing a container, a second help icon appears on the container to the right of the container time, indicated with the red arrow in the picture below. The second help icon only shows during the preparation of that container. You can click on it and see the explanation for the preparation time for that container.

http://r1.slashkey.com/images/gameguide/Ships/Preparing container arrow SEP 2020.png

In the pop up that appears it will tell you the container preparation time based on how many ships you have dispatched in the last 7 days and how many ships you have dispatched in that time.

If you click on "Sure, let me see them" it will show you your dispatch dates in the last 7 days.

Click the “OK, thanks” to close the box.

NOTE: Ships only stay on the dispatch list for exactly 7 days then they drop off the list.

If the preparation time changed whilst you were preparing containers, this is because the time is calculated according to how many ships you had previously dispatched in the last 7 days. For example if you had dispatched 6 ships in the last 7 days and were preparing your Brown ship, the prep time would be 5.1 minutes, but if while you were preparing them one of those ships dropped from the list for being over 7 days old you would then change to a prep time of 5 dispatched ships, 10.2 minutes.

If you need full information about ships, please visit the following link from our Game guide:

Hers is the only one doing it. Wish I could attach pictures here without uploading to facebook and posting for all to see. But her Orange ship still says preparing Ship. Altho shows its been worked by several neighbors. And her Blue ship is up to 12 minutes. Mine and My dads stayed at the lower times. all 3 ships are done at the exact same time. So should be 6 minutes to do hers. However hers is the only one that keeps getting the time extended. For what reason I don't know.

marymarcel
Aug 21 2022, 09:25 AM
Hers is the only one doing it. Wish I could attach pictures here without uploading to facebook and posting for all to see. But her Orange ship still says preparing Ship. Altho shows its been worked by several neighbors. And her Blue ship is up to 12 minutes. Mine and My dads stayed at the lower times. all 3 ships are done at the exact same time. So should be 6 minutes to do hers. However hers is the only one that keeps getting the time extended. For what reason I don't know.

So the link you posted is from your mom account, correct? It seems there is a problem in the dispatched ships list.

Please contact Support team to let them check on the lists and the orange ship showing as preparing. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:

RomanticSoul
Aug 21 2022, 09:32 AM

So the link you posted is from your mom account, correct? It seems there is a problem in the dispatched ships list.

Please contact Support team to let them check on the lists and the orange ship showing as preparing. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

Yes they are my moms account. Can't tell which port her orange ship is on. Altho I can see it has been worked even tho it says its still needs to be dispatched. became aware of the problem last night. As I dispatched the ship with 2 containers not prepared as was taking 11.5 mins to prepare. and would be on for over 20 mins waiting doing nothing. my dad prepared the last two containers. and tried to dispatch but couldn't. Told him i had already dispatched it. So hopefully support can help. wrote to them already. Thanks for your help.

marymarcel
Aug 21 2022, 09:37 AM
Yes they are my moms account. Can't tell which port her orange ship is on. Altho I can see it has been worked even tho it says its still needs to be dispatched. became aware of the problem last night. As I dispatched the ship with 2 containers not prepared as was taking 11.5 mins to prepare. and would be on for over 20 mins waiting doing nothing. my dad prepared the last two containers. and tried to dispatch but couldn't. Told him i had already dispatched it. So hopefully support can help. wrote to them already. Thanks for your help.

You are welcome RomanticSoul :)

Alexandra_J
Sep 01 2022, 10:54 AM
Are the Ships items and the train Items the same amount? This is how much I would get on the trains, but is it the same amount on the Ships (see photo on my facebook page) I can never get the photos to post here lol.

NooNoo
Sep 02 2022, 12:54 AM
Hi

My ships don't always arrive at my neighbouurs despite my ship's log showing it at their port.

This is particularly noticeable when 2 or 3 ships dock at the same time. When asking the neighbour if they see my ships in the port, the answer is no. I was assuming my neighbours were not checking the ships - this is not the case.

The ships should be pushed to the neighbour and the notification should show up almost immediately, but not always. I'm fairly sure this is an intermittent bug especially were a neighbour is getting 2 or 3 ships from the same farmer.

Has anyone else noticed this problem please?

Sqrl
Sep 02 2022, 04:23 AM
I have had this problem before, but not for some time. If the neighbours move on the ships they have, then do memcache and reload the game, the vagrant ship should appear.

Tiger
Sep 02 2022, 05:22 AM
Hi

My ships don't always arrive at my neighbouurs despite my ship's log showing it at their port.

This is particularly noticeable when 2 or 3 ships dock at the same time. When asking the neighbour if they see my ships in the port, the answer is no. I was assuming my neighbours were not checking the ships - this is not the case.

The ships should be pushed to the neighbour and the notification should show up almost immediately, but not always. I'm fairly sure this is an intermittent bug especially were a neighbour is getting 2 or 3 ships from the same farmer.

Has anyone else noticed this problem please?

Hi NooNoo,

The notification on the toolbox or ship icon won't show up if they are not doing anything in the game like farm work. If they just had the game open or were doing something else then they would have to open the seaport manager to see any ships or reload the game and it should update.

If you can when you see a neighbour online where your ship hasn't been loaded ask them to open the seaport manager and see if the ship is there.

If it isn't then if you or any of your friends haven't kept up with things like clearing browsers, updating them then it's worth doing those as well as running memcache (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached) if that hasn't been done in a long time either.

IF it's the same people every time, it might be worth you considering removing some of them from the itinerary then putting them back in again and see if that helps, but remember that you can only use the replace 10 times in one itinerary.

craftelady
Sep 03 2022, 11:36 PM
Hi. Why does it take each ship container 54 mins to load? with 10 containers that nearly 10 hours for 1 ship. Who has time to sit & load a ship every 54 mins? between being removed from the server for lack of activity every 10 mins & then my ship having to prep & start all over again, it makes me not want to do ships. Can't you speed it up a bit? Instead of 54 mins a container, how about 5 mins???

Taz D
Sep 03 2022, 11:52 PM
Hi. Why does it take each ship container 54 mins to load? with 10 containers that nearly 10 hours for 1 ship. Who has time to sit & load a ship every 54 mins? between being removed from the server for lack of activity every 10 mins & then my ship having to prep & start all over again, it makes me not want to do ships. Can't you speed it up a bit? Instead of 54 mins a container, how about 5 mins???
Hi Craftelady,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread so I could answer you. You can get the times down to 5 minutes if you dispatch a ship each day. Once you do that for 7 days then it will take only 5 minutes or slightly more for each container.
The best way to get them this way is to load 1 or 2 containers for the first few days and then dispatch the ship. It will not bring much for those ships, but when you get the times down you can then load all the containers.

Sqrl
Sep 05 2022, 04:31 PM
My friend (10209458952363267) asked me to log into their fb and deal with their ships but two of them are MIA.

They're supposed to be at another neighbour's but he swears up and down they are not. He's cleared memcache, checked his browser is up to date, cleared browser history and is still reporting zero ships. He deleted his fb and therefore farm years ago then restarted recently with same email so i wonder if the ships are at his 'old' farm instead? idk

Taz D
Sep 05 2022, 04:34 PM
My friend (10209458952363267) asked me to log into their fb and deal with their ships but two of them are MIA.

They're supposed to be at another neighbour's but he swears up and down they are not. He's cleared memcache, checked his browser is up to date, cleared browser history and is still reporting zero ships. He deleted his fb and therefore farm years ago then restarted recently with same email so i wonder if the ships are at his 'old' farm instead? idk
Hi Sqrl,
Yes if he restarted then may have a different set of farms. You can skip their port if it is not the last port. If it is the last port then it will have to wait for the 7 days to end.

Sqrl
Sep 05 2022, 04:36 PM
Thanks, Taz. One is the last port so I guess there's nothing to be done.

Tiger
Sep 05 2022, 05:27 PM
Thanks, Taz. One is the last port so I guess there's nothing to be done.

Hi Sqrl,

There's isn't anything you can do for a ship stuck at port 30, but it does sound like they have not been keeping an eye on who is playing and who is not so I suggest they take a look in the My Neighbours tab, sort it by activity and see who hasn't played in a long time and start replacing them with new neighbours.
They will need to be careful that they don't remove too many as that does count towards Item storage limits.

They might get lucky and be able to see two accounts that have the same name and recognize which one is the older one as the new one might have a new profile picture so they know which one can be removed as a neighbour.

Sqrl
Sep 05 2022, 05:35 PM
Thanks, Tiger. The weird thing is the account has a name from the new account but not the one being used now, and no profile pic. I guess the game or fb got confused!

Taz D
Sep 05 2022, 07:05 PM
Thanks, Tiger. The weird thing is the account has a name from the new account but not the one being used now, and no profile pic. I guess the game or fb got confused!
Hi Sqrl,
The names on Facebook accounts and the names on the farms are not unique. You can find many accounts in each with exactly the same name.

Sqrl
Sep 06 2022, 11:04 AM
Hi Sqrl,
The names on Facebook accounts and the names on the farms are not unique. You can find many accounts in each with exactly the same name.

That's true, but this was the game name, which is not one people would normally use, lol.

Mari Lou
Sep 07 2022, 10:51 AM
I have "non-friends" showing up in my Sea Port wanting me to load their cargos. I don't want to deal with non-friends - but there's no way to eliminate them that I can find. How do you deal with such a thing? And how do they get on my farm in the first place if we're not friends?

Taz D
Sep 07 2022, 11:07 AM
I have "non-friends" showing up in my Sea Port wanting me to load their cargos. I don't want to deal with non-friends - but there's no way to eliminate them that I can find. How do you deal with such a thing? And how do they get on my farm in the first place if we're not friends?
Hi Mari Lou,
I moved your post to the thread about cargo ships.
When you see a non-friend in your port it is because a neighbor is working more than one set of farms. Facebook made a change a while back that causes this to happen when they use the switch user in Facebook to go between the accounts. When they do that it does not change the account information sent to Farm Town so they show as the one you are not friends with when it is actually your neighbor sending the ship.
The only thing you can do is load it and send it on or ignore it and they will move it on themselves by skipping your port.as there is no way to delete those.

Serenity Dilsworth
Sep 08 2022, 08:57 AM
I have not missed any days sending out ships. I do it every morning. The last three days the ships are taking 10 to 11 minutes to load a container. Very disheartening.

Serenity Dilsworth
MerryMeeet Estate

marymarcel
Sep 08 2022, 09:05 AM
I have not missed any days sending out ships. I do it every morning. The last three days the ships are taking 10 to 11 minutes to load a container. Very disheartening.

Serenity Dilsworth
MerryMeeet Estate

Hi Serenity Dilsworth :)

It seems one of the days was not registered in your data and that is why you are getting more time to load the containers.

Im sorry but there is nothing we can do about this, but if you wish you can report this to Support to let them know the problem you got. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

texans
Sep 10 2022, 12:27 PM
I already sent my ship out to my neighbors but I still am getting the popup that the container has completed its cycle.

marymarcel
Sep 10 2022, 12:33 PM
I already sent my ship out to my neighbors but I still am getting the popup that the container has completed its cycle.

Hi texans :)

This usually happens when you dispatch the ship but without waiting to get the pop up saying that last container was completed.

I had that problem last week for one of my ships and I had to live with it till next day when I prepeared a new one and sent it.

Just be sure to get the pop up for the last completed container before you send your ship off.

Steve Kay
Sep 10 2022, 01:19 PM
I have been processing my pink ship this morning it has been taking 4.8 minutes per product. all of a sudden it switched to 8 or 9 minutes. I've never seen this before and it doesn't make sensc

marymarcel
Sep 10 2022, 01:30 PM
I have been processing my pink ship this morning it has been taking 4.8 minutes per product. all of a sudden it switched to 8 or 9 minutes. I've never seen this before and it doesn't make sensc

Hi Steve Kay :)

Each time you prepare a container the game looks to see how many ships have been dispatched in the last 7 days. That determines your preparation time for that particular container.

When you prepare the next container it checks that list again. If you start out with a shorter preparation time and it changes to a longer one it means that when you first started preparing the containers you had more ships on the dispatch list, but then one of those ships dropped off the list for being 7 days old and that then changes your next container prep time to a longer one because you now have less ships on that dispatch list.

You have the information in the following link from our Game Guide:

timberwolf03
Sep 20 2022, 08:37 PM
I recently received a Farm pass request to dispatch a ship which I didn't own, so I attempted to place it on the farm which contained my only other ship. When I attempted to place the ship I didn't have any empty space on the farm. I asked my superneighbor to purchase the ship for me while on my farm. This superneighbor is permanently hired for design and allowed to buy and sell with my coins. When they attempted to purchase the ship, they saw all ships were locked, even though they are coin purchase items. I ended up expanding my farm at a cost of 6 trillion coins so I could purchase and place a ship that cost 300 billion coins. Am I missing a reason why my superneighbor couldn't help me out?

Taz D
Sep 20 2022, 08:50 PM
I recently received a Farm pass request to dispatch a ship which I didn't own, so I attempted to place it on the farm which contained my only other ship. When I attempted to place the ship I didn't have any empty space on the farm. I asked my superneighbor to purchase the ship for me while on my farm. This superneighbor is permanently hired for design and allowed to buy and sell with my coins. When they attempted to purchase the ship, they saw all ships were locked, even though they are coin purchase items. I ended up expanding my farm at a cost of 6 trillion coins so I could purchase and place a ship that cost 300 billion coins. Am I missing a reason why my superneighbor couldn't help me out?
Hi timberwolf,
It may be because it is a ship and something you have to do for your self. Expansions have not gotten into the trillions yet and the ships was 300 million not billion.

timberwolf03
Sep 21 2022, 12:37 PM
After reading your response I decided to look at what I had attempted to accomplish and realized that my lack of sleep wasn't helping me with my cost estimates. After further investigation, the lock on the all the boats was because we didn't have enough COMMON neighbors. I had 87 neighbors while my superneighbor had 53 neighbors, but only 4 or 5 were in common. The best solution would have been for me to clear a patch big enough to just add the ship. Thanks, have a better day today!

Chet Evors
Oct 03 2022, 09:20 PM
Rewards, load 44 Crane Master Control batches in Cargo port??
I have asked some friends of mine who have no idea what this even means.
I bought all the cranes, sent out all ships and have no idea what this reward is asking of us.
Please in answer, send to my email.

Taz D
Oct 03 2022, 09:37 PM
Rewards, load 44 Crane Master Control batches in Cargo port??
I have asked some friends of mine who have no idea what this even means.
I bought all the cranes, sent out all ships and have no idea what this reward is asking of us.
Please in answer, send to my email.
Hi Chet,
We do not reply in emails, but instead reply here. Sometimes the email notification does not work.
The Cargo Port is a Service Facility. You need to have the Cargo Port Supplies Factory to produce the Crane Master Controls, store them and then add them to the Cargo Port service facility. You have both of those facilities and the Crane Master Controls in your storage. So all you need to do is load them into the Cargo Port facility.

Taz D
Oct 11 2022, 09:11 PM
Just a suggestion:
If you only load 1 container, fix what you can of your logbook, then send it out.

Tomorrow load another ship again with 1 container, click on reuse itinerary, then make any additional changes you need to do to it.

Then the same thing the next day and so on until the times get back down to workable short times.

I have done this every time I have come back from a vacation and it takes only a few days to get them down to workable and my logbook back the way I want it.

LizaLee
Oct 12 2022, 11:11 AM
Game just came back on last night and today all my ships at port and now loading first one and says each container takes 45 minutes to load....WHAT? How has that kind of time to take in a day to load 8-10 containers at 45 minutes each????
Is this a new glitsch?

marymarcel
Oct 12 2022, 11:14 AM
Game just came back on last night and today all my ships at port and now loading first one and says each container takes 45 minutes to load....WHAT? How has that kind of time to take in a day to load 8-10 containers at 45 minutes each????
Is this a new glitsch?

Hi LizaLee :)

No, it is not a glitch.

Ships times are based on how many ships you have dispatched. As the game was down, then there are no ships dispatched in the last week.

We are suggesting the following as all of us are in the same situation:

If you only load 1 container, fix what you can of your logbook, then send it out.

Tomorrow load another ship again with 1 container, click on reuse itinerary, then make any additional changes you need to do to it.

Then the same thing the next day and so on until the times get back down to workable short times.

Early Girl
Oct 13 2022, 05:29 AM
Good morning. My ships have lost my itinerary, so I changed out all I could yesterday (10), and figured today I would change out another 10 to achieve my chosen itinerary. However, when I chose the "reuse itinerary", it did not, and the players I had replaced yesterday were not on it. I need to figure out what to do to finally get the players I want. Thanks so much.

Farm link: https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1683534420&farm_ix=36

marymarcel
Oct 13 2022, 07:56 AM
Good morning. My ships have lost my itinerary, so I changed out all I could yesterday (10), and figured today I would change out another 10 to achieve my chosen itinerary. However, when I chose the "reuse itinerary", it did not, and the players I had replaced yesterday were not on it. I need to figure out what to do to finally get the players I want. Thanks so much.

Farm link: https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1683534420&farm_ix=36

Hi Early Girl :)

When you change the next 10 ports, close your Ship manager and reload the game.
Then open the Ship manager again and check the changes have stayed. If they are, then dispatch your ship.
You should get those same ports for the next ship when you click in Reuse Last Itinerary button.

Early Girl
Oct 13 2022, 08:30 AM
Thanks Mary - appreciate it. Tomorrow is a new day. Hope you have a great rest of the day :-)

marymarcel
Oct 13 2022, 08:39 AM
Thanks Mary - appreciate it. Tomorrow is a new day. Hope you have a great rest of the day :-)

You are welcome Early Girl :)

Firecrab7
Oct 13 2022, 08:51 AM
All my ships are taking 45 mins to load! is this a glitch and can it be fixed?

marymarcel
Oct 13 2022, 08:53 AM
All my ships are taking 45 mins to load! is this a glitch and can it be fixed?

Hi Firecrab :)

It is not a glitch.

Ships times are based on how many ships you have dispatched. As the game was down, then there are no ships dispatched in the last week.

We are suggesting the following as all of us are in the same situation:

Tomorrow load another ship again with 1 container, click on Reuse Itinerary, then make any additional changes you need to do to it.

Ellsinore
Oct 19 2022, 10:59 AM
I had a ship in my port to load this morning from a "Non-Friend" with a name I don't recognize. How does this happen?

Taz D
Oct 19 2022, 11:11 AM
I had a ship in my port to load this morning from a "Non-Friend" with a name I don't recognize. How does this happen?
Hi Ellsinore,
Usually it happens if they are using more than one account and using the switch user in Facebook. The change in data does not get switched in the game so it comes up as a non-friend.
You might tell them that they need to use a different browser for each account to prevent that.

sharbu123
Oct 20 2022, 08:58 AM
If you have good neighbors, it is impossible to use all of the ships. Too many come in together and the time restrictions mean most sit idle. Is there any way to address this issue for long time farmers who really need the cargo to support factories etc. Thank you. Sharon

Tiger
Oct 20 2022, 09:52 AM
If you have good neighbors, it is impossible to use all of the ships. Too many come in together and the time restrictions mean most sit idle. Is there any way to address this issue for long time farmers who really need the cargo to support factories etc. Thank you. Sharon

Hi sharbu123,

The rule is that you can only prepare one ship to dispatch a day. If you would like to make a suggestion to change anything with the ships please post your idea in the Suggestions area of the forum where the developers will see them:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Fireball
Oct 20 2022, 12:10 PM
For some reason today I cannot replace active farmers on my ship. I always say repeat the last lineup and nothing is happening. I have farmers there who do not do shis. Have cleaned cache, refreshed and until I an blue in the face. Help please.

marymarcel
Oct 20 2022, 12:21 PM
For some reason today I cannot replace active farmers on my ship. I always say repeat the last lineup and nothing is happening. I have farmers there who do not do shis. Have cleaned cache, refreshed and until I an blue in the face. Help please.

Hi Fireball :)

I can see you are preparing your Brown ship.

Please close your farms and facebook and then restart your computer.

Reopen facebook and your farms and see if you can reuse the last itinerary and after that you can replace up to 10 of your neighbors.

Qivis
Oct 21 2022, 05:08 PM
My purple ship was dispatched and it is now at its 3rd port. I have cleared the FT memcache several times but keep getting the popup informing me that its Factory Ingredients Container is ready every time I log in.

marymarcel
Oct 21 2022, 05:12 PM
My purple ship was dispatched and it is now at its 3rd port. I have cleared the FT memcache several times but keep getting the popup informing me that its Factory Ingredients Container is ready every time I log in.

Hi Qivis

This usually happens when you dispatch the ship but without waiting to get the pop up saying that last container was completed.

Once you start a new ship and send it off, then that pop up will disappear.

kathleenkelly
Oct 23 2022, 11:48 AM
How do I get a specific friend to show up as a replacement port option?

Taz D
Oct 23 2022, 12:05 PM
How do I get a specific friend to show up as a replacement port option?
Hi Kathleenkelly,
All your neighbors who have their ports open should be showing in the list. They are listed by their avatar name. If they are not showing in the replace list, they could be new neighbors which have not gotten updated to the list or they do not have their port enabled.
You are saying friend, but just to clarify they have to be your neighbor to be able to do your ships.

kathleenkelly
Oct 23 2022, 06:12 PM
Hi Kathleenkelly,
All your neighbors who have their ports open should be showing in the list. They are listed by their avatar name. If they are not showing in the replace list, they could be new neighbors which have not gotten updated to the list or they do not have their port enabled.
You are saying friend, but just to clarify they have to be your neighbor to be able to do your ships.

Oh yes I did mean neighbor, sorry. So every neighbor who hasn't closed their port should show up there? I have several who say they have open ports and do ships every day who don't populate there, weird.

Taz D
Oct 23 2022, 06:22 PM
Oh yes I did mean neighbor, sorry. So every neighbor who hasn't closed their port should show up there? I have several who say they have open ports and do ships every day who don't populate there, weird.
Hi Kathleenkelly,
Are you sure they aren't already in your logbook list? If they already in your logbook then they will not show in the replacement list.

Remember they are listed by avatar name and not by their own name, so you may be overlooking them.
If these are newly added neighbors they may not show yet as it does not update immediately.