Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Game Not loading/WebGL disabled/frequent crashes (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666)

Tiger Dec 05 2022 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crafty chris (Post 6521930)
sorry i missed out an important word (myself) does that warrant going back to the naughty corner? :(

Hahahaha.... naughty corner..... you always know how to amuse me. :D
Thanks for clarifying!

crafty chris Dec 05 2022 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6521942)
Hahahaha.... naughty corner..... you always know how to amuse me. :D
Thanks for clarifying!

anytime :) ... want some munchies? ... sorry going off topic i will shut up lol

Mod edit: If you have Maltesers I may be persuaded to sample them hahaha :D

Sqrl Dec 05 2022 08:16 AM

Trying hard to read between the lines, maybe it is down to so many players getting thrown out due to multiple posts--ironic that you're getting blamed.

Taz D Dec 05 2022 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sqrl (Post 6521954)
Trying hard to read between the lines, maybe it is down to so many players getting thrown out due to multiple posts--ironic that you're getting blamed.

Hi Sqrl,
Don't read between the lines. That will just get you into wild speculation as some here have done. Just know the team is working on getting the game back online as quickly as they can so we can all relax and enjoy it again.

Sqrl Dec 05 2022 09:17 AM

okay dokay :)

wilmaf1int Dec 06 2022 12:06 AM

I have enjoyed playing this game since 2008 or 2009. Sadly, I believe these interruptions are going to be the norm going forward. Hopefully, the creators of Farm Town have been preparing for this and will be able to create a secure domain we can continue to play on. I am sure this is a monumental task. When Flash player was discontinued, it took the FT moderators months to change over to a new platform and they had a couple of years to prepare for it. I have purchased FarmCash over the years to support the creators of the game. However, I am reluctant to continue this because of FaceBook, META.

LisaScobee Dec 06 2022 10:15 AM

Next Business Day

When is the "Next Business Day" from the date of the last update?

Taz D Dec 06 2022 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaScobee (Post 6522042)

Hi Lisa,
I moved your post to the loading thread.
You will get the next update when we do. We don't know exactly when or if Facebook has responded. If they have and it was enough information then the developers are working on whatever fixes they have to do. Please be patrient while they get this worked out between Facebook and themselves.

Don't feed the beggers Dec 06 2022 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaScobee (Post 6522042)

The mods have been super great at making sure they are keeping us up to date. However sometimes there is no news to update. Next buisness day would have been yesterday or today so I do feel like there will be an update soon, again only if there is anything to inform us of.

NooNoo Dec 06 2022 01:41 PM

The message has changed to:
This content isn't available at the moment
When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people or changed who can see it, or it's been deleted.

So hopefully something's happening?

marymarcel Dec 06 2022 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NooNoo (Post 6522062)
The message has changed to:
This content isn't available at the moment
When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people or changed who can see it, or it's been deleted.

So hopefully something's happening?

Hi NooNoo :)

We don't know, all we can do is wait and see. :)

Sayso Dec 06 2022 10:14 PM

Sayso Hello, I haven't be able to find Farm Town like the last time. Is there just something wrong or is it just me?

Taz D Dec 06 2022 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sayso (Post 6522074)
Sayso Hello, I haven't be able to find Farm Town like the last time. Is there just something wrong or is it just me?

Hi Sayso,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about loading problems.
Please read the announcement at the top of any section of the forums. Here is a link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

Alexandra_J Dec 07 2022 05:23 AM

Has it been 6 days or 7 days today that farm town has been down. I'm sure I've got my dates a bit out.

michelle jo Dec 07 2022 05:25 AM

6 days here in uk

pgold0541 Dec 07 2022 07:03 AM

I'm not sure just how to make this so all can see it. Perhaps if all FT players would complain to FB, it might help. On your FB page in the upper right is a small circle with you profile picture. If you hover over it you will see "Account", click on that and there is a pull down menu. Scroll down to "Give Feedback" click on that and tell FB how you as a FT player feel about how they are treating FT. We all know it nothing more than the need for 'power.' Be nice, no profanity, but be firm. Just maybe if they were to get a few thousand feedbacks it might make a difference.

Denise Dianna Dec 07 2022 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandra_J (Post 6522094)
Has it been 6 days or 7 days today that farm town has been down. I'm sure I've got my dates a bit out.

FT went down early on the 1st around 8:30 am CST.

marymarcel Dec 07 2022 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgold0541 (Post 6522102)
I'm not sure just how to make this so all can see it. Perhaps if all FT players would complain to FB, it might help. On your FB page in the upper right is a small circle with you profile picture. If you hover over it you will see "Account", click on that and there is a pull down menu. Scroll down to "Give Feedback" click on that and tell FB how you as a FT player feel about how they are treating FT. We all know it nothing more than the need for 'power.' Be nice, no profanity, but be firm. Just maybe if they were to get a few thousand feedbacks it might make a difference.

Hi pgold :)

I dont think it will change anythig for facebook, the game will be back when they are satisfied with whatever change/fix they required, not a second before that.

But on the other hand, I know we all feel better doing something trying to help the game, so if you want to contact Facebook politely as you said think there is no problem :)

QueenMab99 Dec 07 2022 10:37 AM

I've been reporting "a problem" and telling them to re-activate FarmTown every day.

Tiger Dec 07 2022 01:19 PM

UPDATE 07 DEC 13:25 EST

Information From the developers.

The latest problem has been fixed and sent off to Facebook to review. We are now waiting for a response, hopefully they review the fix soon.

crafty chris Dec 07 2022 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6522138)
UPDATE 07 DEC 13:25 EST

Information From the developers.

The latest problem has been fixed and sent off to Facebook to review. We are now waiting for a response, hopefully they review the fix soon.

thanks tiger and taz and mary!!

LisaScobee Dec 07 2022 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgold0541 (Post 6522102)

Already done that at least twice with this shutdown :)

NannaDee2009 Dec 07 2022 02:44 PM

THANK YOU THANK YOU
for all your hard work
Anxious to get back to farming

grumpeeebear Dec 07 2022 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockcandymountain (Post 6521466)
If you think about just the friends aspect of game. Friends is a Facebook feature. That in itself is probably not too easy to duplicate on a stand alone game server. The interconnectivity between players is probably one of the top hurdles to cross in order to play the game independent of Facebook.

For all the enjoyment this game has given all of us, a nominal monthly charge of, lets say $4.99 is well worth it, if those funds can give us the same sort of platform as we get from Facebook.

However it takes a lot of time for the developers to write the code to get us to that point.

I agree time to go own our on say good by facebook

rodneycs Dec 08 2022 12:38 AM

Where &what is the Farm Town Fan Page?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan H (Post 6521826)
What & where is the 'Farm Town Fan Page' ?

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
UPDATED 03 DEC 2022 - Farm Town Down as of 01 DEC 2022
UPDATE 03 DEC 2022 8PM GMT (UK Time)

The developers have let us know that they have had to go through the appeal process again and are currently still waiting for a response to the appeal.

Facebook have deactivated the game due to issues with their policies, however these are not security issues this time and are about app integration and experience.

The appeal process is the same process as the last time and until Facebook have had time to review the appeal and approve the changes the game will remain deactivated for the time being.

The developers will also try to update the Farm Town fan page later today.

No answer about Farm Town Fan Page

bluehair Dec 08 2022 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneycs (Post 6522194)

https://www.facebook.com/Farm-Town-314745418566392

marymarcel Dec 08 2022 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneycs (Post 6522194)

Hi rodneycs :)

The answer to Dan H post is inmediately below it:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...30#post6521830

astrid1st Dec 08 2022 08:11 AM

Thank you for all the hard work and keeping us updated :)

Taz D Dec 08 2022 10:10 AM

Hi All

This is not a suggestion thread. Please only post in this thread about the loading issues. Any posts that are not about the loading issues will be deleted as off topic.

If you want to make a suggestion please post those in the Suggestions section where we organize them by subject for the developers to view. You can not start a new theread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

suemack Dec 08 2022 11:28 AM

Thanks so much for the update!

LisaScobee Dec 09 2022 01:02 AM

Shortcut?

Didn't see the appropriate forum for this. When the game comes back, will it reappear in my Facebook shortcuts or will it need to be readded?

Trainer01 Dec 09 2022 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaScobee (Post 6522310)
Didn't see the appropriate forum for this. When the game comes back, will it reappear in my Facebook shortcuts or will it need to be readded?

It will appear again

LisaScobee Dec 09 2022 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trainer01 (Post 6522314)
It will appear again

Thanks. I wasn't sure. Hopefully soon...

marymarcel Dec 09 2022 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaScobee (Post 6522310)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trainer01 (Post 6522314)
It will appear again

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaScobee (Post 6522318)
Thanks. I wasn't sure. Hopefully soon...

Hi Lisa and Trainer :)

I moved your posts to the thread about Cannot load the game as they are related to Facebook disabled the game.

Snookie Sue Dec 09 2022 10:09 AM

Not a word since the 7th.

This is looking so dark. It is very discouraging seeing the following every morning as of late - "When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted." We deserve some kind of update. It has been 9 days after all. No need for unkind words - I feel bad enough.

Taz D Dec 09 2022 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snookie Sue (Post 6522350)
This is looking so dark. It is very discouraging seeing the following every morning as of late - "When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted." We deserve some kind of update. It has been 9 days after all. No need for unkind words - I feel bad enough.

Hi Snookie Sue,
We update the announcement at the top of each section, the current release thread and the Deactivation thread when we have news from the developers. They are working with Facebook on a few issues and will let us know any news. Until they do there is nothing more for us to report. We are all frustrated by this, but until we get an update from the developers we can't give you any additional information.

pgold0541 Dec 09 2022 01:22 PM

Taz, I think we are like children. We just want reassurance from 'Mommy and Daddy' that 'you' are still there being just as frustrated as we are. :):):)

QueenMab99 Dec 09 2022 03:26 PM

I don't know about you guys, but if this happens again I'm done with this game for good.

WillowTreeFarm Dec 09 2022 03:49 PM

I don't want to give up on the developers. This game is our fun but it is their livelihood. With face book blocking the game, they are hurting the developers financially and frustrating all of us.

Denise Dianna Dec 09 2022 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenMab99 (Post 6522362)
I don't know about you guys, but if this happens again I'm done with this game for good.

I have spent a good bit of money on this game over the ten plus years I have played. I will not let FB spoil my fun. I do hope the work on the new platform is going forward with all possible speed.