Farm Town

Farm Town (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Cannot load farm, Errors, connecting to mainframe (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666)

ckpeer@gmail.com Jul 09 2016 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6083710)
Hi ckpeer,

This update there may have been many more on more often just because of the catnip being a 4 hour crop. They would have loaded the game again quite soon. I haven't heard anyone else with this issue. I could try running a deeper memcache for you if you wish to see if that makes any difference, but i am not sure it will.

I just tried Maxthon as a browser and am getting the same crashes (to many to count) My Flash is up to date and I have not performed any changes on it recently (since the last update not sure but I think it was about a month ago). Maxthon is a Chrome product, Firefox is not. I am not sure what is going on, but it is quite frustrating.

Taz D Jul 09 2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com (Post 6083890)
I just tried Maxthon as a browser and am getting the same crashes (to many to count) My Flash is up to date and I have not performed any changes on it recently (since the last update not sure but I think it was about a month ago). Maxthon is a Chrome product, Firefox is not. I am not sure what is going on, but it is quite frustrating.

Hi ckpeer,
Even if your Flash Player is up to date there still may be some corrupt files in it. When you do an update it does not completely replace all the files associated with Flash.
Try uninstalling your flash player, do not use the windows add/remove as it will not delete all the flash files properly, instead use the uninstaller provided my Adobe. Please use the following link for the uninstaller.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...r-windows.html

Then reinstall flash using the following link... remember to do this from the browser you intend on using flash on as there are several versions.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

ckpeer@gmail.com Jul 10 2016 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6083930)
Hi ckpeer,
Even if your Flash Player is up to date there still may be some corrupt files in it. When you do an update it does not completely replace all the files associated with Flash.
Try uninstalling your flash player, do not use the windows add/remove as it will not delete all the flash files properly, instead use the uninstaller provided my Adobe. Please use the following link for the uninstaller.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...r-windows.html

Then reinstall flash using the following link... remember to do this from the browser you intend on using flash on as there are several versions.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Thanks Taz, I think you got it :) I uninstalled Flash, reinstalled it, and have been working it for a little while and it seems to be working OK, so far so good :)

peekachoo Jul 17 2016 10:53 AM

Just to let you know the game is really slow loading here, it seems I'm on WF4 and the " loading user " black box is hanging there. I cleared the memcache earlier today when it was ok.

marymarcel Jul 17 2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peekachoo (Post 6085826)
Just to let you know the game is really slow loading here, it seems I'm on WF4 and the " loading user " black box is hanging there. I cleared the memcache earlier today when it was ok.

Hi peekachoo:)

I moved your post to the thread for Loading game

Please try all suggestions given in the first post, first page of this thread.

kejusa Jul 17 2016 12:30 PM

Yes I gave up in disgust trying to play FT on the dratted WF4 end, that was over an hour ago. Having the same problems even loading the Forum latest post that I am subscribing too and it appears to have got worse!!!

Tiger Jul 17 2016 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kejusa (Post 6085854)
Yes I gave up in disgust trying to play FT on the dratted WF4 end, that was over an hour ago. Having the same problems even loading the Forum latest post that I am subscribing too and it appears to have got worse!!!

Hi kejusa,

That's sounding like you either have internet issues or problems with your browser. The reason i think this is because the game servers and forum servers are completely separate and in different locations from each other and you would connect to them through different routes and you state you are having issues with connecting to both sites.

There are things you can try for your browser located in the first post on the first page and tests you can run. Try those please. If you still have problems after that also try another browser and see if you get the same problems, if you do this may turn out to be an internet problem your end.

kejusa Jul 17 2016 01:20 PM

Thanks Tiger, but we are having a very hot day here in Lincs which doesn't help matters. But here's the question if I am playing on the same browser continuously for a few hours everything is fine; then things start going 'up in the air' whilst in that same session; our internet has just been upgraded too!! I am on WF4 does that help the connection issues or should I say it doesn't help? lol ;)

Tiger Jul 17 2016 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kejusa (Post 6085866)
Thanks Tiger, but we are having a very hot day here in Lincs which doesn't help matters. But here's the question if I am playing on the same browser continuously for a few hours everything is fine; then things start going 'up in the air' whilst in that same session; our internet has just been upgraded too!! I am on WF4 does that help the connection issues or should I say it doesn't help? lol ;)

Hi kejusa,

I'm afraid there is no way i can tell you which one of the many connections between your computer and the game may be having a problem. It could be anything, could work fine for a long time then play up and behave again and possibly be only temporary. Your comp connects to your modem, then to one of many servers of your IP then from there to other connections eventually getting to facebook and then their app servers and from there on to game servers and then finally ending up at one having gathered data from the rest. All we can give you are instructions on the basics and the tests from the game end of things to try.

At this time i am not inclined to think there is a problem with any of the game servers as we would have many many more complaints.

kejusa Jul 17 2016 02:00 PM

I don't want to argue the point, but there are other posts I have read in this Forum about WF4. I have noticed differences tho.
Thank you Tiger :D.

Taz D Jul 17 2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kejusa (Post 6085878)
I don't want to argue the point, but there are other posts I have read in this Forum about WF4. I have noticed differences tho.
Thank you Tiger :D.

Hi Kejusa,
If you will check the dates on those posts they are scattered over a long time. Just because you are on wf4 is not the problem.
Your internet goes through many points and routing servers before it gets to Facebook, then to the Facebook app servers before getting to the Farm Town servers and to wf4. There is no telling which link is causing the slow down.
Since you are having a slow response from the forum server as well and it is located in another city from the game servers then that tells me the link is somewhere close to you.
If you continually keep your browser open for hours in a session then that server is continually adding to how much memory it is using to cache data. That too will eventually slow everything down.

jennycoll Jul 17 2016 11:21 PM

not able to load my farm

I have tried all the suggestions on the list. I have tried loading with explorer, firefox and chrome. Everything has been cleared shut down and reloaded. All links clicked.

I am able to log into a friends farm on my computer.
I have had 3 people try to load my farm with no success.

I get a white screen.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...s.94&farm_ix=Y

Taz D Jul 17 2016 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennycoll (Post 6085986)
I have tried all the suggestions on the list. I have tried loading with explorer, firefox and chrome. Everything has been cleared shut down and reloaded. All links clicked.

I am able to log into a friends farm on my computer.
I have had 3 people try to load my farm with no success.

I get a white screen.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...s.94&farm_ix=Y

Hi Jenny,
Have you uninstalled and reinstalled your Flash player using the Adobe uninstaller?
What results did you get when you did the server checks?
Did those 3 people go to your farms from a link you provided or from your Facebook log in? Are these 3 people in other locations or in your house using the same internet?
Did you try the suggestions in the other post?

jennycoll Jul 17 2016 11:59 PM

flash player uninstalled and reinstalled
server checks all said connection ok
using my login gave a blank screen on other computers - 1 in my house 1 not
when using the link, my friend sees my farm as empty and at level 0
all suggestions have been tried.

Taz D Jul 18 2016 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennycoll (Post 6085994)
flash player uninstalled and reinstalled
server checks all said connection ok
using my login gave a blank screen on other computers - 1 in my house 1 not
when using the link, my friend sees my farm as empty and at level 0
all suggestions have been tried.

Hi Jenny,
I went to your farms with no problem, so maybe the link you gave them wasn't correct. I used the link I could get from your data.
Do you see a totally white screen? Or do you see the top and bottom headers along with the items along the right side of the screen and only white space between where farm should be?
The one outside of your house are they using the same internet provider?

I am asking all these questions because if it was a Farm Town server then many more would be complaining about getting the same thing. So we need to try to isolate the problem down.
The link to your farm would be https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1223036503 See if that works for the ones who tried by the link.

jennycoll Jul 18 2016 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6085998)
Hi Jenny,
I went to your farms with no problem, so maybe the link you gave them wasn't correct. I used the link I could get from your data.
Do you see a totally white screen? Or do you see the top and bottom headers along with the items along the right side of the screen and only white space between where farm should be?
The one outside of your house are they using the same internet provider?

I am asking all these questions because if it was a Farm Town server then many more would be complaining about getting the same thing. So we need to try to isolate the problem down.
The link to your farm would be https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1223036503 See if that works for the ones who tried by the link.

Everything below the blue facebook line is white. I can see the items on the right as well. I am unsure about the internet provider of the others.
I was able to load my farm this afternoon with no problem. Nothing since 8pm cst.

Taz D Jul 18 2016 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennycoll (Post 6086006)
Everything below the blue facebook line is white. I can see the items on the right as well. I am unsure about the internet provider of the others.
I was able to load my farm this afternoon with no problem. Nothing since 8pm cst.

Hi Jenny,
Then it sounds like you are unable to make any connection to the Farm Town servers as if it did you would at least see something from the initial server such as loading. The hang up could be with the Facebook App server that you go through from Facebook to get to the Farm Town servers. Just to clarify, when you did the server tests those links take you directly to a test on those Farm Town servers and not through Facebook.
Did you restart your router to see if that worked? Routers can have corrupted link files and by restarting it that clears those files and reloads them.
Other than that I would suggest you wait a while and try again to see if it will load.

jennycoll Jul 18 2016 12:47 AM

Router has been reset. I will try again in the morning and let you know if the matter has not cleared itself up. Thanks for trying.

jennycoll Jul 18 2016 12:52 AM

Just like magic, I'm baaaaaack in!!!! Thanks again for hanging in there with me

Taz D Jul 18 2016 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennycoll (Post 6086018)
Just like magic, I'm baaaaaack in!!!! Thanks again for hanging in there with me

Hi Jenny,
Glad to hear that. You are welcome.:)

Vivienne57 Jul 19 2016 03:35 PM

Ft Issues

Ok something is wrong with Farm Town. I have harvested my flowers 3 times. Each time I go to Farm Town there are still lots of flowers to be harvested again. I have done all the regular stuff, cleaning my browser, cleaning my cache and memo-cache. Restarting my computer and the flowers are still there. Also the game is so slow this evening, it takes forever to load even though the only thing I have showing is the flowers. I am also having trouble working facilities. The screen keeps going and there is like a jigsaw piece in the middle with a non-smiley face. It was all find this morning :eek:

marymarcel Jul 19 2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivienne57 (Post 6086294)
Ok something is wrong with Farm Town. I have harvested my flowers 3 times. Each time I go to Farm Town there are still lots of flowers to be harvested again. I have done all the regular stuff, cleaning my browser, cleaning my cache and memo-cache. Restarting my computer and the flowers are still there. Also the game is so slow this evening, it takes forever to load even though the only thing I have showing is the flowers. I am also having trouble working facilities. The screen keeps going and there is like a jigsaw piece in the middle with a non-smiley face. It was all find this morning :eek:

Hi Vivienne:)

I just visited one of your farms and almost all your flowers are harvested. This farm is full of flowers, and perhaps you lost conection while working.

Try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Then restart your computer

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

First time you load the game again, it will take a little more time as all graphics need to be loaded again.

After loading your farm try to harvest the flowers but from time to time, click in the save button.

For your problem working friends facilities, try to enter them with everything hidden in your preferences, the wrench.

If this doesnt help you try another browser to check if you still have the same problems.

kejusa Jul 20 2016 06:26 AM

Hi - I am still having problems done everything with the browser; uninstall Flash player and reinstalled. I clean History on the Browser everyday and following one of Mary's links aqui I get this:- Unsetting ... user:1667790253
Unsetting ... prefs:1667790253
Unsetting ... throttling:1667790253
Unsetting ... usage_counters:1667790253
Unsetting ... friends_with_app:1667790253
Unsetting ... quests:1667790253
Unsetting ... train_counters:1667790253
Unsetting ... train_counters2:1667790253
Unsetting ... train_counters3:1667790253
Unsetting ... train_counters4:1667790253
Unsetting ... farm:1667790253
Unsetting ... facilities:1667790253
Unsetting ... farm:1667790253_1
Unsetting ... facilities:1667790253_1
Unsetting ... farm:1667790253_2
Unsetting ... facilities:1667790253_2
Unsetting ... farm:1667790253_3
Unsetting ... facilities:1667790253_3
Unsetting ... farm:1667790253_4
Unsetting ... facilities:1667790253_4
Unsetting ... farm:1667790253_5
Unsetting ... facilities:1667790253_5
Unsetting ... farm:1667790253_6
Unsetting ... facilities:1667790253_6
Unsetting ... farm:1667790253_7
Unsetting ... facilities:1667790253_7
Unsetting ... farm:1667790253_8
Unsetting ... facilities:1667790253_8
Unsetting ... farm:1667790253_9
Unsetting ... facilities:1667790253_9
Unsetting ... farm:1667790253_10
Unsetting ... facilities:1667790253_10
Unsetting ... farm:1667790253_11
Unsetting ... facilities:1667790253_11
Unsetting ... farm:1667790253_12
Unsetting ... facilities:1667790253_12
Unsetting ... farm:1667790253_13
Unsetting ... facilities:1667790253_13
Unsetting ... farm:1667790253_14
Unsetting ... facilities:1667790253_14
Unsetting ... farm:1667790253_15
Unsetting ... facilities:1667790253_15
Unsetting ... farm:1667790253_16
Unsetting ... facilities:1667790253_16

This I cannot delete; sorry about the long blurb but I do not know what to do next :confused

kejusa Jul 20 2016 06:38 AM

I've found the way to do the above, and the list is still there ):-

Taz D Jul 20 2016 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kejusa (Post 6086410)
I've found the way to do the above, and the list is still there ):-

Hi Kejusa,
When you have clicked on that link all you do is close that tab as it has already done the memcache clearing and close your farm if it is open in another tab.

kejusa Jul 20 2016 07:53 AM

Thank you Taz, but why is the list showing ?

marymarcel Jul 20 2016 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kejusa (Post 6086418)
Thank you Taz, but why is the list showing ?

Hi kejusa:)

Taz is not available at this moment.

When you click in the memcache link, a new tab is opened showing you a list of unsettings and numbers. That means that your game memory is cleared. You only have to close that tab clicking in the X and then close your farm and reopen it.

I read you are clearing your browser cache every day. When you do that, then the game loading takes more time as all graphics have to load again.

You say you are still having problems, have you tried to reset your router/modem for a few minutes?

kejusa Jul 20 2016 08:46 AM

Thank you Mary; I've also reset the modem, Everything was great before the latest updates on Farmtown - it's just last few days almost as tho I am running out of Memory which is why I keep on top of PC housekeeping my farms aren't 'heavy' with tons of layers of everything - as it is I use the spanner to hide what I don't need to see, pc is only a year old and our Broadband speed has been increased to. I am used to the time it takes to load on a fresh day but not for it to get worse a few hours later and by worse I mean I couldn't load at all last night! I keep all your useful links in my bookmarks so I don't lose or forget anything.

marymarcel Jul 20 2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kejusa (Post 6086438)
Thank you Mary; I've also reset the modem, Everything was great before the latest updates on Farmtown - it's just last few days almost as tho I am running out of Memory which is why I keep on top of PC housekeeping my farms aren't 'heavy' with tons of layers of everything - as it is I use the spanner to hide what I don't need to see, pc is only a year old and our Broadband speed has been increased to. I am used to the time it takes to load on a fresh day but not for it to get worse a few hours later and by worse I mean I couldn't load at all last night! I keep all your useful links in my bookmarks so I don't lose or forget anything.

Which browser are you using?

Have you tried another browser/s to check if you have the same problems? If so, which one/s have your tried?

kejusa Jul 20 2016 10:12 AM

Hi Mary; I am on Google Chrome (supposedly the best) everything is playing up again (same time as yesterday) so I am turning off, the pc is revving up like it is taking off. Going to go and have a rest and let things cool down. Will let you know when I am back. PS I tried Mozilla Firefox but it is not terribly good with the game. ttfn

brenda greenhill Jul 20 2016 10:42 PM

farm town

how come i cant get into farm town i dont see where to play it an cos it says Sorry, this page isn't available

Taz D Jul 20 2016 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brenda greenhill (Post 6086586)
how come i cant get into farm town i dont see where to play it an cos it says Sorry, this page isn't available

Hi Brenda,
Please try all the suggestions in the first post of this thread and also the suggestions in the first post of the following thread link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602774

silverfern47 Jul 21 2016 06:00 AM

This loading issue is getting beyond a joke.....4 days now there have been problems!!!! Have not been able to get in Forum for help. GET IT SORTED, RAUL!!!!

Dave L Jul 21 2016 06:45 AM

I've been getting intermittent problems too, for 3-4 days. Sometimes very s--l--o--w response, sometimes can't get in at all for a few hours. Saving data sometimes takes ages, and sometimes doesn't work at all.

And yes, I *have* tried all of the things in the post at the top of the thread.

LazyMare Jul 21 2016 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave L (Post 6086762)
I've been getting intermittent problems too, for 3-4 days. Sometimes very s--l--o--w response, sometimes can't get in at all for a few hours. Saving data sometimes takes ages, and sometimes doesn't work at all.

And yes, I *have* tried all of the things in the post at the top of the thread.

Hi Dave L

If you use Chrome browser - have you got the latest version? - just asking as that has cleared up several similar issues for me

Dave L Jul 21 2016 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyMare (Post 6086766)
If you use Chrome browser - have you got the latest version? - just asking as that has cleared up several similar issues for me

Usually I use Firefox, but I tried using Chrome and I get the same problems in both.

marymarcel Jul 21 2016 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave L (Post 6086826)
Usually I use Firefox, but I tried using Chrome and I get the same problems in both.

Hi Dave:)

Please reset your router/modem for a few minutes.

Also, what responses you got after clicking in the links for connectivity?

Dave L Jul 21 2016 09:43 AM

Hi,
As I said, I have tried all the things at the top of the thread. This includes resetting my router, which I've done several times. Connectivity links have appeared to be OK every time I've checked.
Problems are intermittent - part of today it's been fine; early this morning and again a few minutes ago I couldn't get in.

CanCede Jul 21 2016 06:53 PM

Plug Icon Flashing

The plug icon in the top right hand corner keeps flashing red and green and won't let me connect fully. When it finally stops flashing, I go to the marketplace to change my status message, and when I press "enter" after i change my status message it starts flashing red and green again and won't connect to the mainframe. I've tried refreshing multiple times and nothing is happening.

Any solutions??

Tiger Jul 21 2016 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanCede (Post 6087014)
The plug icon in the top right hand corner keeps flashing red and green and won't let me connect fully. When it finally stops flashing, I go to the marketplace to change my status message, and when I press "enter" after i change my status message it starts flashing red and green again and won't connect to the mainframe. I've tried refreshing multiple times and nothing is happening.

Any solutions??

Hi CanCede,

There has just been an update to the game. This might have caused it. Exit the game, give it a few minutes then then try again. If you still continues to have problems try the items listed in the first post on the first page of this thread.