Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 21 2024, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi FF,
The layering is restricted some at least by how many items can be on a farm. The problem with the heavily layered farms is not just the layering but in the capabilities of the computer loading the farm and their internet speed. If your computer is at the minimum levels required for the game then you are going to have problems with the heavily layered farms being slow or freezing up.
When you are going to load your SN's farm to work all we can suggest is go in preferences and uncheck all the show items. When you get to their farm to work you will be handed the first tool. Identify it and then turn on only what you need to work with that tool. When you finish that the next tool is handed to you so you can switch then what you have showing for that job.
Working facilities shouldn't be affected by layering as nothing except the bare farm is loaded for display at that time.
The problem doesn't seem related to CPU load or memory availability. I built (overbuilt) this computer myself so it could handle (almost) anything thrown at it without overclocking the CPU etc.. The problem occurs when loading a farm. When working other facilities I get past the "Made with Unity" screen, but it locks up when loading the farm. The progress bar freezes and so does everything else. Then I get “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart” blue screen error message. As I said, this doesn't happen with all farms. I don't know if this is a problem the developers are aware of. I wish it was more consistent so I could give more information.
Old Jun 21 2024, 01:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF1976 View Post
The problem doesn't seem related to CPU load or memory availability. I built (overbuilt) this computer myself so it could handle (almost) anything thrown at it without overclocking the CPU etc.. The problem occurs when loading a farm. When working other facilities I get past the "Made with Unity" screen, but it locks up when loading the farm. The progress bar freezes and so does everything else. Then I get “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart” blue screen error message. As I said, this doesn't happen with all farms. I don't know if this is a problem the developers are aware of. I wish it was more consistent so I could give more information.
Hi FF,
How many tabs are you opening at the same time for facility work? It could be you are opening too many at the same time. You are the only one reporting this with facility work and we have never had this problem. So neither we or the developers can duplicate this.

The blue screen of death indicates something within your computer went wrong and not the data being downloaded from the server. Have you tried after reloading to load the farm again that stopped loading when you got that show up? Did it load at that time?
Are you seeing an error message in the FT Console when it freezes in the loading process?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 21 2024, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi FF,
How many tabs are you opening at the same time for facility work? It could be you are opening too many at the same time. You are the only one reporting this with facility work and we have never had this problem. So neither we or the developers can duplicate this.

The blue screen of death indicates something within your computer went wrong and not the data being downloaded from the server. Have you tried after reloading to load the farm again that stopped loading when you got that show up? Did it load at that time?
Are you seeing an error message in the FT Console when it freezes in the loading process?
I usually go back to the game when this happens, but when I work other's facilities I don't know if it's a person's facilities that have already been worked or not. If it looks as if I've already worked that person's facilities I don't try to work them again.

I normally have three tabs open. I've tried it with only FT tab open and it still happens. I'm not able to see any error messages when this happens. I will look closer the next time it happens. The error message fro Win 10 is "Clock_watchdog_timeout". I will keep an eye out and see if I can provide more information when it happens. I want to understand this problem so perhaps it will help the developers understand it.
Old Jun 21 2024, 01:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF1976 View Post
I usually go back to the game when this happens, but when I work other's facilities I don't know if it's a person's facilities that have already been worked or not. If it looks as if I've already worked that person's facilities I don't try to work them again.

I normally have three tabs open. I've tried it with only FT tab open and it still happens. I'm not able to see any error messages when this happens. I will look closer the next time it happens. The error message fro Win 10 is "Clock_watchdog_timeout". I will keep an eye out and see if I can provide more information when it happens. I want to understand this problem so perhaps it will help the developers understand it.
Hi FF,
There is no way that downloaded data from the servers can cause that windows error. I would check the Microsoft site and look for that error.

Even if it shows the farm has been worked if it didn't complete the loading then it hasn't been worked. Try going into it again after you bring the computer back up and see if it will work the second time.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Tags
cannot load game, chrome, dotween, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading error, loading issues, saving data, settweenscapacity, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error