Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 05 2009, 07:13 AM
Account Not Linked

Love the xmas stuff thanks so much. Do you think you can add lights for the houses??
Old Dec 05 2009, 07:14 AM

Ok i bought a nativity scene this morning (australia time) there was only one Nativity at the time. I log on tonight to find there's a "with Jesus" "without Jesus" option, so i roll my mouse over my nativity scene to find out that mine was a "without Jesus" so i sold it for a measley 90 coins to spend another 3k to buy a "with Jesus" nativity scene. Now my point is- how is a nativity scene called a nativity scene without the baby Jesus? I mena how stupid is that!!!! A nativity scene is with Jesus the without Jesus shouldn't be called a nativity scene plain and simple, i'm deeply offended by this, so please fix it!

Visit the greek farm-add me
Old Dec 05 2009, 07:16 AM

And it is Christmas not holiday so leave it as Christmas please!

Visit the greek farm-add me
Old Dec 05 2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque9999 View Post

Yeah it's nice that they included it HOWEVER, they could have put it under a different category HANUKKAH is not part of Christmas...Duh!!! Maybe they should have just called the category HOLIDAY STUFF.

And yes I am a bit offended by this.
go to farm ville then, they have plenty of 'holiday' stuff over there.
I am sick of the word holiday, it isnt a holiday its the celebration of the birth of Christ. ANy other celebration should be called by its proper name too not dumped in the 'holiday' tag. Leave it out eh?
Old Dec 05 2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maraki01 View Post
Ok i bought a nativity scene this morning (australia time) there was only one Nativity at the time. I log on tonight to find there's a "with Jesus" "without Jesus" option, so i roll my mouse over my nativity scene to find out that mine was a "without Jesus" so i sold it for a measley 90 coins to spend another 3k to buy a "with Jesus" nativity scene. Now my point is- how is a nativity scene called a nativity scene without the baby Jesus? I mena how stupid is that!!!! A nativity scene is with Jesus the without Jesus shouldn't be called a nativity scene plain and simple, i'm deeply offended by this, so please fix it!
please dont be offended, the reason is simple. The choice is because in a lot of Christian households, the baby Jesus doesnt get added to the Nativity until Christmas EVE, hence the choice between the two. I will be adding both, one now and one later.
Old Dec 05 2009, 07:23 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwillow View Post
go to farm ville then, they have plenty of 'holiday' stuff over there.
I am sick of the word holiday, it isnt a holiday its the celebration of the birth of Christ. ANy other celebration should be called by its proper name too not dumped in the 'holiday' tag. Leave it out eh?
Uhh.. but not all the stuff in there is Christmas stuff or do you not pay attention? You probably only saw that there was a Nativity and didn't bother looking at anything else, didn't you? There is more than one Holiday in December and all of the stuff under the "Christmas" tab is NOT Christmas stuff, it's holiday stuff. Oh and... holiday comes from "holy day" so why so upset about it... and Christmas IS a holiday...
Old Dec 05 2009, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maraki01 View Post
And it is Christmas not holiday so leave it as Christmas please!
Agree totally!
Old Dec 05 2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyW View Post
Love all the Christmas stuff. BUT, I noticed when I zoomed in on the nativity scene THERE WAS NO BABY JESUS!!!! Could just be my eyes but I couldn't find Him in there. ;o(
Re: Jesus in the Nativity Scene. In many traditions Jesus is not placed in the scene until Christmas Eve. If you look in the Christmas section of the shop there is a scene with Jesus and one without.
Old Dec 05 2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfroggy View Post
Uhh.. but not all the stuff in there is Christmas stuff or do you not pay attention? You probably only saw that there was a Nativity and didn't bother looking at anything else, didn't you? There is more than one Holiday in December and all of the stuff under the "Christmas" tab is NOT Christmas stuff, it's holiday stuff. Oh and... holiday comes from "holy day" so why so upset about it... and Christmas IS a holiday...
you know, you are right, I apoligise, I didnt see the Hanukahh and Kwanzaa things listed at the bottom, thats crazy, that should also have its own tab, and then the rest of the stuff, should be listed under 'holiday' if they must.
Yes I agree with the term holy day but lets face it that isnt what it means today, its an excuse for a pig out and over excess on all levels and days off work to recover. In this house its one day as we work the rest.. retail trade, huh,, we work to feed everyone elses madness... or dont work and be on the dole. Great choice really, not. My point is that these days to most people (clearly not you) holy day and christmas have very little meaning and certainly not the real one

I thinkit would be lovely to have a thread on here for people to post their family christmas traditions, no matter what faith they are. It would do us all good to learn something new!
I again apoligise for being bigotted and not seeing below what I was looking for.
Old Dec 05 2009, 08:12 AM

The snow pine is outrageous! Thank you! Need to go check the Christmas section of the store now! Oh, and I am almost ready to buy my second farm. Woohoo!
Closed Thread