Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 08:35 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

this new way of harvesting and plowing is absolutely rediculous!!!! It is way too time consuming. Instead of placing all these rediculous constraints on people why don't you make it a limit of how many people can be hired to harvest a field to like maybe 3 people at the most at one time. That way there shouldn't be any "running into" each other...or overlapping. These people who think they need to hire 10 people to harvest a 20 plot field is rediculous.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:36 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicat View Post
If you had bothered at all to read why they changed it, you'd see that they are doing to fix something that was broken; people were not getting coins or XP in some instances, and it was clearly stated that there's been 70% less problems regarding these. Read the OP before you reply.
Well to be perfectly honest I'd rather deal with the old glitched and server timeouts than this any day!!!!

Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 22 2009, 08:36 PM
Tycoon ( Level 33 )

Farmer Since: Dec 16 2009
Level:
Trophies: 9
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegan79 View Post
Hi there,

The issues are:

1) Lost xp's and coin
This is caused by double cliking to go faster. The first clik is a delayed register which allows for the registering of multiple cliks. This in turn allows for more coin and xp's to be delivered than the final count will allow. They are then deducted when the worker changes screens.
I have counted this dozens of times in my own efforts as a single worker. In working with other workers I have never known who got the coin/xp when over-cliking by another farmer, and therefore could not achieve an accurate count.
What people thought they were losing was not really theirs in the first place.
The double cliking to go faster has been, by far, the primary culprit in all of my counts.

2) Collisions? harvesting and plowing over work that was previously done by someone else.
Currently the game allows a plot to appear unharvested/unplowed to other workers after it has been harvested/plowed. And allows the other workers to treat it as such. Its being harvested is not showing to other workers/players and they are cliking it as a new plot and it is registering at some later time.
It is concievable that a single plot can be harvested by however many workers are on the field. There is no way to identify from the screen who/how many have harvested/plowed a single plot. We are certain that it is at least 2. So we know at least 2 people will have an errors in their earnings.

Your correction was:
Wait for avatar between each plow/plant and you have added harvest. That is what this amounts to. The avatar has to plow/plant/harvest each plot before the next plot can be done.

Should be:
Corrections:
1) lost coin/xp's - Post the action in real time on the first clik, eg: visual conversion to dirt or plow to all workers so there is no misunderstanding and no aggravation for another worker coming along and trying to harvest/plow that same plot. All following cliks won't register for another worker and do not register xp's or coin. The transaction is complete with the first clik.
The bottom line is that the first clik and the plot's immediate reaction is the key to everything.

This would also solve the problem of mouse trackers because they wouldn't be able to come through and steal harvests and plows because you allow that now by not registering the first clik. This happened to me twice this week. The speed was unblievable and she was able to take whole sections I had already harvested but that my avatar hadn't gotten to. The avatar's name was 0Lidia0, there were a number of other sigils before and after her name in addition to the 0's.

2) Collisions - See #1 under this heading

My response:
I can't play this game like this.

Well said!
*claps*

Visit Tween Hills

Old Dec 22 2009, 08:37 PM
Account Not Linked

The new change is really bad ! Please do away with it !

I come here to play and relax.....all this has done is make me very frustrated....it takes forever to harvest and/or plow a big field. I am going to quit playing unless things go back to how they were.....I don't need any more frustrations in my life thank you very much

Send a message via MSN to MojoRuss Send a message via Yahoo to MojoRuss

LOL, a free game in Beta and I have never seen so many crybabies whining. Raul explained why the change was made. Deal with it. If you want to quit, then quit. Farmtown is still head and shoulders above any other app on Facebook.
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:38 PM

Once again I tried to harvest for someone just to give you a fair chance and again, this is terrible! Terrible, terrible, terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK I am one who has had lost coins and I tell ya I would rather loose a few more than have this NEW way of harvesting/plowing. IT SUCKSSSSSSSSSS

Thumbs down new update is bad idea

Please change back. No one likes the change. People quit. Gotta be a better solution, or just leave it alone. Lost coin can always be made up. Hire out to someone else.

I'm having a FT nightmare right? This is what you call a fix? Are you insane? Did monkeys develop this game? Did yo mamma drop you on you're head when you were a baby? Did you go to school for this? Do you get paid in Ramen noodles to do this stuff? Are you guys on drugs? If not maybe you should be.
Closed Thread