Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 09:32 PM
Account Not Linked

Default The speed is gone.

I under tand why you did it, but the speed is gone. now i find even if I am right beside the field it will not let me click it unless the other field has been plowed or harvested. it was as it was in the beginning of this game annoing to see.... "Wait I'm busy". I did not have any problems not getting my coins, if you waited around for all your fields when they were done. Some people leave before that was done, hence they were peobably the ones complaining. If you can make it speedier... i would really appreciate it.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:32 PM

I gave it one more try just now - got hired to harvest and boy was it awful. PLEASE revert to the last version. This if absolutely awful!
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:34 PM

I do not see the fix in this one at all. I have read all the information listed and have to say it really is broken now. It takes much longer to harvest and plow when you are hired. You cannot click on another square untill your avatar is teletransported to the square and is finished. If i can click faster than a computer avatar then there really is something wrong. All of your other upgrades and inhancements have been great, but I liked it the way it was before this one.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:34 PM
Account Not Linked

I am very polite to those I hire or to those who hire me. But I'm also going to get what I can when I am working. Why? Cause it's a freaking game!
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:35 PM

I tried to hire and get hired again, and that's what I discover:

Some people are still going to work faster than others, because they have better computers.

It's like:
Before the change, A's speed is 120 fields/minute, while B's speed is 60 fields/minute.
After the change, A's speed is now 60 fields/minute, while B's speed decreases to 40 fields/minute, and then there is a C with speed 50 fields/minute coming in, because the employer wants to get things done faster.

I don't consider it an improvement.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:36 PM
Account Not Linked

The big seed bag blocks your view when you are planting left to right.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wskibnt View Post
LOL, seems like the "super clickers", one's that hog all the harvest with their quick click mouse are the one's complaining. I find it just as quick as it was before, but then I don't splatter click all over the field. Thanks for this, as it was annoying trying to harvest when they hit the field your working as they would run around you and try to make you leave. BIG THUMBS UP!

I am not a super clicker so to speak. It is not as quick as it was before. I always harvest and plow in order, i hate the skippers. But this is way to slow for me and my laptop now. I love this game and have always said I was addicted. I think I just got cured
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:37 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Mixed Feelings

I don't like that this new/old harvesting and plowing stuff is a bit slower and it allows me to click on spaces that appear to have not been done then tells me it's already been done. If it has already been done, it shouldn't still be there for me to click. That is my major complaint for this release.

BUT

I LOVE that it stops the crazy people who just skip all over farms getting in the way of other people working there. I've always worked in straight lines anyway so this is not much slower for me. I love that it will force all the others to be more organized and less greedy! AND it solved the harvesting problems i was having on my farm. for the first time in weeks, I only had to harvest once! Amazing!

Quote:
The new way is this, if you harvest fields that are close to where your avatar is, then your avatar will be teletransported and will be a very quick transition, it should be as quick or comparable to what it was before, however if you click on a field that is farther away, then you will have to wait until your avatar gets to that field to continue working
If someone hires five people we can't all start close to where the avatars land and it does take quite awhile now to walk to the other side of the field.
Account Not Linked

I tried to have an open mind, I really did. I just got hired to harvest and plow and I did a TINY little patch of harvesting in the length of time it would normally take me to do half a field. The other person who was hired bailed on the plowing and I tried and it was horrible. I have never voluntarily left a plowing job before, but I apologized to the owner, explained why I was leaving, and left.

If it stays this way, this Level 60 is done with Farm Town. It will take way too long to get anything done. I'm really disappointed. The loss of XPs and coins in recent weeks has been fine...I had a lot of trouble with that back in Oct/early Nov., but lately I've been cruising along without incident. This was my first Facebook game and I am sorry to see this change. I really hope the developers can find a way to fix this, because IMHO, the game is now broken.

ETA: I am a fast clicker, but I click in order and don't take the scatter shot approach across the field...I hate that, too. It doesn't make me a "harvest hog" because I am faster than other players...it means I've played a lot and gotten good at it.
Closed Thread