Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 10:01 PM

So far I like this new update alot. Harvesting is much faster than it was. It just requires a different technique, but if you stay in the same area and work in rows, it's actually much faster than before. I just harvested a big field of blackberries and each plot vanished immediately when I clicked on it. The same with the trees when I harvested them in a row. Plowing was also good when I stayed in the same area and again went in rows. I like that you can now tell who is working in what area; I think this is much better overall, and most will like it after a couple days. Thank you developers for another improvement

Serenity Falls
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye9988 View Post
Wow, Raul's post seems so upbeat. I wonder if he'd already read all of the unhappy posts in the Help section. Raul, if you read this, please try to see our point-of-view.

This new method is slow, and annoying. It takes all the fun out of the game. I don't even want to plow now. The harvesting is a pain, but if I click in rows and watch my stupid little freak of an avatar lurch along in her little plodding way, I can deal with it. I am very unhappy with it, though. I was super fast at harvesting and plowing, and now I feel like I'm being limited in my speed to even the playing field. I have always shared fairly. Even though I'm faster, I do my fair share, and then stop, letting the slower farmers get the same amount. I'd harvest, and then move on quickly to another job. I'd basically blitz my area of the field, zapping the crops so quickly that all you'd see would be the flash of my harvesting tool. Boy, is it different tonight! Where in the past, I'd be saying my "thank you" to the farmer and moving on to another job, now I'm plodding along with the slowest of the slow.....

It's like the old sci-fi story Harrison Bergeron--people who were fast had to have chains or bricks put on them so that everyone would be equal. People who were attractive had to wear masks to cover their beauty so that everyone would be equal..... you get the idea. So, here, since some people couldn't keep up with those who were faster, we all now have to be slowed down to a snail's pace.... :-(

I agree with those who say that the way to fix the problem is not to limit us all to being slow and plodding. Instead, limit the number of workers who can be hired. If there is only one worker or two in a field, the problem of overhiring is solved, and then it is just up to each farmer to work cooperatively.
Bingo. I was not greedy either. And when I hired two people at my farm (instead of one) for 600 squares, I always ask them to share and never had an issue with them. The problem may come in when someone with 200 squares hires four people. I was also in the habit of turning down plow work if there was more than one other person there. I don't need the points or coins bad enough to fight over them.

I play to have fun. This way is no fun whatsoever. I don't like wearing a brick and chain. It isn't fair to anyone. It doesn't help the novice or slower players just to slow me down. There are many farmers much faster than I am. I appreciate that. I wouldn't want them to have to suffer just because I do not have their same skills!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Dungarees View Post
They should be fired because they're trying to improve the game for ALL? Yeah that works. Thank goodness you're not running Slashkey eh?
Yep. I would expect more out of an office temp with a bad attitude than what these "developers" have done. They've single handedly killed this game unless they change it back SOON, because 44 pages of ****** off people threatening to leave can't be good for the bottom line $$$$$$$$$$$$$
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I just wanted to thank the developers for curing me of my addition to Farm Town, for saving me from countless future hours of wear and tear on my mouse, and for all the mouse batteries that will be saved from not playing this game anymore.

Pretty much everything I would have complained about, over the new changes, has already been said repeatedly in this thread. If the developers have not already heard it, they're just not listening.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:02 PM
Account Not Linked

This sucks! to slow, no fun anymore! Glad I am level 60!!!

I have something to say about this upgrade and several of the postings:
1. I hate this upgrade - it is way to slow, I REALLY find the larger icons to be distracting and unattractive.
2. I never lost any coins or experience points so why did the upgrade affect me? Can't you just fix those accounts that weren't working instead of changing everyone's regardless?
3. I find it offense that in the OP and following postings, you and others assume that once hired I automatically randomly click on fields. I NEVER DID. I was always very systematic and thorough in harvesting my and others fields. I find that assuming I'm the one that did something "wrong" is offensive and am seriously thinking about quiting this GAME. I should not be penalized because of others' rude and inappropriate behaviour. If you would simpy inable employers to FIRE people this wouldn't be any issue AT ALL!!!
4. I am at level 57 and have been through several upgrades at this point and by far this is the most irritating, annoying and just plain dumb upagrade yet.

I sincerely hope that this upgrade is redone because the way it is now, I can see why a lot of people are leaving this game to play FarmVille instead! Please redo and PLEASE give us the choice of having larger icons or not!
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

All i can say is the discussions i have read is CHANGE IT BACK. you have 45 pages of i hate this instead of thank you for fixing it. It was a few select people that complained about losing points instead of realizing it is just a game and sometimes that happens. Now you have alot more people saying they hate this and are threatening to stop playing the game. PLEASE change it back.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:03 PM
Account Not Linked

Oh noez...people were plowing or harvesting "sloppy" before! BOO-HOO!
You slow noobs and all you're whining....thanks for having training wheels put on everyone else who knows how to click a mouse.

I love the total dishonesty of some of you clowns saying it's now "faster" than before today's upgrade.
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:03 PM
Account Not Linked

I read the entire piece. I suppose I can see both sides of the issue. But, it is a major hassle to harvest someone else's farm. Thus, slowing the ability to harvest to the optimum potential. If this stays in place, I will consider using another farming game. It is just too much hassle.
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:04 PM
Account Not Linked

To the DEVS.. the posts(the majority of them NEGATIVE) regarding the "upgrade" released today are coming in faster than i can get them read! 47 pages and rising!

Don't wait til its too late to revert back to the version I have been playing the past 2 weeks. Yeah there are some greedy ill manners farmers. but thats what we deal with in life. I cautiously pick my workers and ASK them if they would like other helpers, and I am selective in the jobs I accept, I like to work with likeminded farmers and have built my network of buddies from those who reflect the same values and work ethics that I have.
Please please Give me back the FarmTown I had become addicted to.
Closed Thread