Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 10:57 AM
Account Not Linked

I can't stand this new version of harvesting & plowing. Those who complain the old way wasn't fair need to learn how to click faster cause this new way, is horrible. This still really doesn't make anything fair. Some people's avatar moves faster than others based on what kind of computer processor & internet access they have. So they will never be able to make things "fair" and they shouldn't have to try. Either get a faster computer & roadrunner or be happy at the speed you can work. This new **** will force a lot of people to quit playing (me, for one). Why fix something that isn't broken???!!! I was waiting forever for someone to finish harvesting my crops, just so I could wait forever to hire them to plow...then they got sick of how long it was taking too & quit and I had to go hire a stranger to finish. I harvested 1 person's field while I was waiting for my farm to get done and couldn't believe how bad it was. I would never work anyone's field again with this change. No wonder people want the old way back. People do have lives you know. Please don't ever make changes to will slow the game down. We can't spend all day, every day on the computer.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:01 AM

I don't really understand why people are saying they have to wait. Click, click click works perfectly fine for me. The plot changes instantly so you go on to the next and the next and the next. No waiting, no busy, no catching up. Fast click, click, click job done!
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:04 AM
Account Not Linked

I also am a speed harvester/plower. I start in one corner & work in rows clicking down as far & as fast as I can before going to the next row. If I miss a spot, I'll immediately click back & get it or I will get it when I go up the next row to it. I never click all over the map with no rhyme or reason to my harvesting. Some people are just rude or don't know any better. But I'd rather deal with them than this new way of working. I do have a life outside of this game and anything that slows us down will force people to quit playing.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:05 AM

well, I have not had the chance to read through ALL of the responses, but wanted to put my info in. First, Thanks for listening to the players ... I hate that its had to get so bad dang it .. so many people signed up just yesterday simply to complain. I have been a member of the forum for some time now .. I dont post often, but I do read, nearly daily. and I think its sad that so many people only just NOW signed up for the forum to complain about this. sigh. .. yes, I did complain myself, and I honestly feel bad about that!

Anyways, I think it will be interesting to see the next phase of changes to the game. (and how many people are upset over it LOL sorry but true!) Ive been playing the game for MANY months, and this was the first time I felt upset over a change ..

Ok, TOO MUCH Gabbing on my end! SORRY! My suggestion? Maybe a 3 HIRE limit. I too have friends who gather on my farm or our friends farm to hang out, but most of us are just talking while one or two work lol so it wont bother me at all if there is a 3 hire limit.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:06 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Send a message via MSN to CoDa

I've been playing this since May and this is the single WORST upgrade ever. I liked all the others but......Fix this PLEASE. I hire someone to plough and when they do it says already done!! I get no xp FFS!

Why oh why am I at 1 in here (310 for real)?
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:08 AM

Default just in general

1st of all i love farmtown i cant wait to get off work and play i can sit here all day and play in farmtown my only thing is that 1 i think there should be a limit as to how many ppl can harvest or plow on a certain size farm ( also ty for making the 2nd farm) i have a problem when it shows the farm is harvested and i refresh and come back and its all there or u plow and plant and come back its not done also the green buxs how do u make more with out having to buy them i think we should get them after so much coins or ex pts are made but it seems like ive been stuck on level 60 for over a month and cant move on but for the most part but no matter what i love farmtown it is the best farming game out ty for making it
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:10 AM

Level:
XP:
Wink Thank You

Thanks to all of you who monitor and try to make playing easier. I've been on a few months and enjoy playing even when I'm frustrated (as I was yesterday). You just learn to work around and be patient.

However, thanks for reverting back. The sizes of the icons were horrible and to hire help was atrocious as the frustration level was building as the day went on.

Again, Thanks to all of you and wish you the best of this Holiday Season.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:10 AM
Account Not Linked

I think there should be a limit to the number you can hire. 2-3 would be a good number for those with large farms. That gives everyone a chance to get something. Only allowing 1 would be a problem cause it would slow things down a lot and not everyone has time to wait all day. For those with big farms that need to get it done quickly so they can plant their crops & get on with their lives wouldn't appreciate only allowing 1 employee. They would only be able to get on when they had the time to wait. When we have time, my family only hires 1 person to do our farms but at least we have that option, if we aren't in a hurry.

I LOVE how you automatically get the points/coins as soon as you click on the square instead of waiting for the avatar to catch up and actually process your click. I believe that alone should take care of missing points/coins. But if not, I'd still rather have the old way back and just miss some points/coins here & there.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:12 AM

Level:
XP:

There has been an announcement that it will go back to the old way, but why is it taking so long. All that is needed is to restore the backup that should have been made before the untested change was made.
When will these people ever learn that thorough testing is needed before inflicting changes that make the game an utter misery.
If it's not fixed soon, I will ditch it for good. It's already a (fun) time waster, but this has made it useless.

Alan.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:13 AM
Account Not Linked

I liked the way it was and always wished that there was a way to "Fire" a worker that you hired and was being a "Hog"! The way that the new update is working don't bother me just because it is the way that I work on a field, but it does slow you down a lot.

The "Hog" thing:
I'm at level 60+ and have had a great time getting there with the EXCEPTION of some that create the problem. (The Crop Hog) They just go here and there as fast as they can making a mess and I have tryed everything that I can to get rid of that worker!

#1 - Why not have the ability to "Fire" a worker? (My first choice)
#2 - Maybe the ability to give a coin bonus or tip to a good worker?

Just my thoughts for a Great game.
Thanks!
Closed Thread