Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 23 2010, 10:14 AM

Default Working solo

So, the other day, a guy at the market place was venting about how frustrated he was about being hired with other people to plow. He was basically saying "If you aren't going to hire me to work solo, then don't hire me."

This rubs me the wrong way. As both the farmer and the worker. As a worker, I don't appreciate selfish people not being willing to share the work. Especially in recent times when it seems to me that there are fewer and fewer people interested in working.

As the farmer, this rubs me the wrong way, because I don't want selfish people working for me.

Now, having been in situations where farms can be overcrowded with workers, I would never consider griping about it because I am grateful for the work I am able to get, just as in real life.

I have enough common sense to realize when I hire people to work for me that if the job is small, I will hire less people. But, on the other hand, there are times when I am short on time and may need to hire multiple to get the job done in a short amount of time.

Bottom line for me, is that if you are hired to do a job, griping about the work, or how many workers there are, is a big no no. And I am less likely to hire someone to work for me who is griping.

Anyone else feel this way?