Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 24 2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saylorgirl View Post
I really don't see how being at a level 80 puts you at a disadvantage. I have been an 80 for some time now but I had saved my farm cash and not bought flags, etc. I then was able to use it for facilities. When I ran out I used "pay pal". I hope they don't raise the levels for awhile, I enjoy being at the top and don't want to plant raspberries again to get there.
The way it puts a level person at a disadvantage is that most people who had been on the game that long, had no idea facilities or anything else like this was coming so spent their farmcash on decorative items. People who are at a low level buy with full knowledge of all the facilities out and can choose with more knowledge. It is amazing to me that some people can not see this. And using paypal is not an option for lots of people because they just cannot afford to spend money on online games. I hadn't spent alot of my farmcash and was able to buy some facilities when they came out. However, it was just because I didn't see anything I wanted. I was at the top level and had nothing to shoot for anymore, so bought a lake and another small item just to decorate. I can totally see how many people may have done the same thing, and they are definitely at a disadvantage to newer players who knew of all the facilities before spending their farmcash.

That said, if you happen to have a neighbor who has definitely quit teh game and has some farmcash, you could ask them to buy you a facility as they are able to choose send when going to the ingame store and they can choose to send you the facility. I have a couple of family members who bought me a facility as they simply never plan to play the game, so will never use it.
Old May 24 2010, 09:30 AM

I play 4 other games besides FT and I have not seen one yet that doesnt offer things for sale instead of coins. Im not spending money on some of the other games and it doesnt bother me because I can live without the stuff and still play. There are so many ways to play ft and enough to do without spending money that could keep a person busy 24/7. Actually its the only game Ive seen that after a few clicks you can do much else. I do get extra stuff on FT but if I didnt want to they have given plenty facilities for coin purchase too.
We are at level 30 a long time. They came 60 and then came 80. So I dont see a surprise coming when we go to level 100 with more decorative items added or see more facilities added. There will still be people starting at the beginning of the game and will have even more items available for them than I had when I started.
Thats what happens when the game continues to grow.
Old May 24 2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clareandmat View Post
...possible reduce wheat growing time down to 1 day as i cant keep up with it...
Or make the wheat-to-flour ratio 1:1 instead of 2:1. Like the sugar is. I too have trouble making enough flour.
Old May 24 2010, 12:05 PM

And how about we make a separate "whining about items costing farm cash" thread, so that can cease to clutter up other discussions. It's really getting tiresome.
Old May 24 2010, 12:08 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Smile

It's nice that my flower shop, which I've had for months, can sell flower bunches, but I don't know if I will be harvesting flowers much. Most of my flowers are decoration, and I don't want to see them reduced to piles of dirt. When you harvest flowers in real life, you don't take the plant down to nothing. Of course this is also true for some of the other crops such as blueberries and raspberries. And I definitely won't be hiring others to harvest them, because if I did grow flowers to harvest, it would only be a portion of those on my farm, not all of them, and there is no way to limit which ones are harvested when hiring.

It's also fairly click-intensive to harvest flowers. 9 flowers fit into one regular plot, and if you use the 4-harvester to harvest your own crops, that's 36 clicks to harvest flowers as compared to one click for the same amount of space taken by crops. However you don't need to plow and replant, so I guess that changes the ratio to 12:1, and the profit from flowers is higher for the more expensive flowers (e.g. 9 red roses sell for 9x85=765 coins vs. 512 for one plot of pineapples, and in the flower shop, 8 red roses make 2 batches which sells for 1400 coins, a pretty good deal).

These are simply intended as comments, not as complaints or criticism.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 24 2010, 12:43 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calliopejane View Post
And how about we make a separate "whining about items costing farm cash" thread, so that can cease to clutter up other discussions. It's really getting tiresome.
Your so right Calliope..... I did find a solution to my FC woes though...... I am doing a spring cleaning of sorts in my house and decided hey why not have a yard sale or take stuff to the local flea market... Use that money for some flower seeds for my yard and i desperately need a new grill for this summer too so why not use the left over cash i make to get some farm cash yay me.....

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Old May 24 2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivaQ View Post
The biggest issue is space. Would love to implement these new items the large coast and the refinery but just no space to do so without destroying a farm in the process.

I would like to see our storage of harvest simplified. Finished products could have a separate storage vs. products that could be used for further uses.

Thanks, you just saved me a lot of time typing my thoughts out. My farms look horrendous now, trying to fit all of this stuff in. I feel like we're sacrificing the looks of our farms to try and cram all the things we'd need to sustain even 1/2 of these facilities. I'd love to go back to having nice looking farms, but until we have a few more farms, that won't happen.

I still don't have many of them as I refuse to purchase coins, and for some reason, I'm not getting awarded the coins I should be, even after I file the complaints.
Old May 24 2010, 01:13 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to ScottLanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capriherb View Post
Oh well, momentary excitement and love! LOL
Well, good grief! You still got one free farm cash.
Old May 24 2010, 01:20 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to ScottLanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiB View Post
Thanks, you just saved me a lot of time typing my thoughts out. My farms look horrendous now, trying to fit all of this stuff in. I feel like we're sacrificing the looks of our farms to try and cram all the things we'd need to sustain even 1/2 of these facilities. I'd love to go back to having nice looking farms, but until we have a few more farms, that won't happen.

I still don't have many of them as I refuse to purchase coins, and for some reason, I'm not getting awarded the coins I should be, even after I file the complaints.
Where is it written that you must have every facility that's available? It's not! And, if the developers are going to continue adding facilities, you will eventually have to choose which facilities you want to have a part of your farms, and which ones to leave dormant. Facilities are no different than other items for the farm. Just because there may be 3 or 4 types of barns, it doesn't mean you have to have all of them. Same goes with houses, and other items. You will find, that, even if we are given the opportunity to purchase a 4th farm, it still will not be enough to grow the amount of crops necessary to produce every product, every day.
Old May 24 2010, 01:23 PM

Level:
XP:

The sea coasts currently only work right on the top and right sides of the farms. Please add coasts that will work on the left and bottom. That is where I would want to put one; also many people have 3D-effect farms, which generally go from a high point on the upper right, so the sea coasts would only make sense on those farms on the bottom or left.
Visit 's Farm

Closed Thread