Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 28 2010, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHallow View Post
hey tonyd you owe me $25 farm cash.... as soon as someone plows you can seed lol lol
updates lol you know where my farm is lol
Huh
Old Jun 28 2010, 09:51 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Mew View Post
The last Firefox update didn't work at all well with flash based games. Some players have gone back to version 3.6.3 and others have updated to 3.6.6.

I have all 3 main browsers on my PC so I can monitor what's happening (lol) and the 3.6.6 version of FF is working fine for me with the new flash update. BUT.. it will only work properly if you uninstall the old flash player, clear cache, clear macromedia files, turn off the PC and reboot.

Sleepy, I really feel for you being on dial up, and I'm truly amazed that you manage to run Farm Town without Broadband.
I have no idea what version was available when we first started playing (check my 'joined' date, too lazy to myself) but we used FF and it did freeze up often. We switched over to Chrome and it runs well. Lately though I can't get through loading my facilities without timing out several times and get timed out a lot working other's facilities. This may be computer related, don't know for sure yet.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 28 2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
I have no idea what version was available when we first started playing (check my 'joined' date, too lazy to myself) but we used FF and it did freeze up often. We switched over to Chrome and it runs well. Lately though I can't get through loading my facilities without timing out several times and get timed out a lot working other's facilities. This may be computer related, don't know for sure yet.
We've done a few posts in this thread of things people can try
one of the main fixes that we suggested is to clear the macromedia cache itself
use this link http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html and on that applet, it will allow you to delete cdn.slashkey.com and force the game to be loaded fresh from the server

another thing you can try, as mentioned in previous posts on this thread, is reinstalling the flash player
Old Jun 28 2010, 10:41 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTerry View Post
We've done a few posts in this thread of things people can try
one of the main fixes that we suggested is to clear the macromedia cache itself
use this link http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html and on that applet, it will allow you to delete cdn.slashkey.com and force the game to be loaded fresh from the server

another thing you can try, as mentioned in previous posts on this thread, is reinstalling the flash player
Thanks for the suggestions Rob. I've gone through those threads and we've tried all that but doesn't make a difference. Did it all as suggested. The cdn. file doesn't appear at all anywhere. I'm pretty sure the problem has a lot to do with the computer I'm using.

Old Jun 28 2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions Rob. I've gone through those threads and we've tried all that but doesn't make a difference. Did it all as suggested. The cdn. file doesn't appear at all anywhere. I'm pretty sure the problem has a lot to do with the computer I'm using.
its quite possible that something else running on your system is interfering, do you know how to check the computers startup programs?
Old Jun 28 2010, 11:21 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
its quite possible that something else running on your system is interfering, do you know how to check the computers startup programs?
Yes Rob I do and have done that. Nothing there that shouldn't be.

Old Jun 28 2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Yes Rob I do and have done that. Nothing there that shouldn't be.
wish i could be of more help, if you find a solution, please let me know, it could prove useful to others here

OH, one thing that i usually do is have a bookmark link to each farm individually, so i dont have to go through farm 1, i find it helps when loading up the facilities.. cos then the game loads fresh, rather than loading from another farm
Old Jun 28 2010, 12:32 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
wish i could be of more help, if you find a solution, please let me know, it could prove useful to others here

OH, one thing that i usually do is have a bookmark link to each farm individually, so i dont have to go through farm 1, i find it helps when loading up the facilities.. cos then the game loads fresh, rather than loading from another farm
My computer's proccessor is a full gig faster than my wife's computer and 250meg more ram, but she doesn't have anywhere near the same trouble timing out that I do. I notice my hard drive runs all out for long periods and often, her's doesn't. When it does this it really slows things down. Last time I was in bio I noticed something different about the hard drive but don't recall what it was. Have to go back to check that out some time. I was told by someone my problem is because it is an eMachine but don't know if that is fact.

Old Jun 28 2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
My computer's proccessor is a full gig faster than my wife's computer and 250meg more ram, but she doesn't have anywhere near the same trouble timing out that I do. I notice my hard drive runs all out for long periods and often, her's doesn't. When it does this it really slows things down. Last time I was in bio I noticed something different about the hard drive but don't recall what it was. Have to go back to check that out some time. I was told by someone my problem is because it is an eMachine but don't know if that is fact.
i can't see how the fact that it's an eMachine would effect things like that, specially as you say it USED to be fine. from my experience, when a hard drive is working too hard like that, is usually because of either 1. It's having to use virtual ram, which is stored on the hard drive, or 2. the drive needs badly defragging, or 3. the drive is getting full
Old Jun 28 2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmonkey View Post
Then why keep loading it up? If you are having problems with it would it not be smarter to work in smaller batches while the devs sift through this endless list of complaints? There is a thread in the forum to report these issue to directly and the devs are aware of the problem and trying to fix it. It is taking so long because they have to look all over the place to fins out what is wrong because the complaints are in the wrong location.

If you hit yourself with a hammer are you going to do it again just to see if it hurts as bad the second time?
LOL...that was sooo funny, speedmonkey........good answer!!!