Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 22 2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpa View Post
You didn't say what browser you are using.

I use firefox a lot and it does the same thing.

If I remember to do the facilities using IE I do not have this problem.

Go figure.
Now that's just plain weird ... I logged into IE and then to facilities manager and it works the way it's supposed to. Won't have to remind myself to use IE for that function.

thanks for helping

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2244&farm_ix=9
Old May 23 2011, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEKLAOL View Post
i had been using Firefox for years, but for FT i use google chrome. It is much faster and very easy to use. Only rarely a timeout. Give it a try. I still use Firefox forr other things. I have chrome's homepage as Facebook. After using it always has my id and password already there.
Yes - Google is much better than IE or Firefox - I cant get on with Firefox at all! In Google Tools there is an option to clear only the cache and also a link to manage the macromedia files for the Flash player.
Old May 23 2011, 05:41 AM

would love a simple thing for my neighbours to do all my facilites from one point - its called the FACILITY MANAGER. Why cant we allow or neighbours to use it to work in our factories instead of haveing to rush all over? People are leaveing the game and even I wont visit other to work when I have to spend 20 odd minutes clicking every building over 9 farms.
Old May 23 2011, 05:54 AM

They really need to do something about the amount of time it takes to play. Clicking everything was ok when there was one farm and a few facilities but now there is way to many things to click on. I haven't done any serious playing for a while now because the clicking is tedious. click, click, click, click, click, click....

but on a positive note, the game has really progressed and the updates add a lot to the game.
Old May 23 2011, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEKLAOL View Post
i had been using Firefox for years, but for FT i use google chrome. It is much faster and very easy to use. Only rarely a timeout. Give it a try. I still use Firefox forr other things. I have chrome's homepage as Facebook. After using it always has my id and password already there.
I also have switched to google chrome for FT. Firefox is used for everything else that I do. Since Firefox 4 was installed, everything on FT got very slow and I had many timeouts. Very few with chrome.
Old May 23 2011, 08:11 AM

I'd suggest trying Google too. When I first started Farm Town early in 2009 I had been using Firefox and IE. I had quite big problems with both as far as Farm Town was concerned, but on switching to Google my problems have been very few and far between.
Old May 23 2011, 08:34 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

funny i also switched to google chrome...... but because i am on dial up and it is much much faster ..... but ok i am also getting a problem i keep getting this thing where it says it is not responding any one getting that i also got it with fire fox..... i can't afford to take my pc to the shop..... anyone got any ideas......?? i did maintenance checked for virus and all that not sure what i can do.....it only happens in FT also.... so that is really weird.....when you want to fuss about how long it takes to work neighbors facilities try doing it on dial up lol takes an hour sometimes for me lol especially if they have any of the lighted items from Christmas lol

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 23 2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
I'd suggest trying Google too. When I first started Farm Town early in 2009 I had been using Firefox and IE. I had quite big problems with both as far as Farm Town was concerned, but on switching to Google my problems have been very few and far between.
I finally downloaded Google Chrome and it's great to use for this game. So far I actually like it better than Firefox too. And the biggest thing is that the problem I had loading facilities from the facility manager is gone. It loads just fine now.

Old May 23 2011, 10:13 AM

I'm guessing that having the mayor in captivity isn't working because there's still no update. Darn.

Old May 23 2011, 12:02 PM

Wink

My guess is that we will have an update this evening. I expect the developers have wised up and are now releasing new code on Mondays instead of Fridays. This way, they don't have to work weekends, fixing bugs. WARNING: This is just a guess...
Closed Thread