Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 21 2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeByChoice View Post
Okay yeah for the new additions!!!! BUT now because I can not buy the new bottling plant because I do not have real world cash I have 7 useless factories.

It would be Oh so nice if the things that have to be purchased with $$$$$$$ could also be purchased for coins. Make it $1=100 coins or something on that order.

I know you guys are trying to make money but don't go overboard.
You don't HAVE to buy the plant or lose those facilities. I can still work all my facilities that can be done more easily with the bottling plant, but I work them the same way we always have done.

Old Jun 21 2011, 07:22 PM
Account Not Linked

Default To many freebies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shennie View Post
I love playing Farmtown but the only problem I have is when I go to the market there is still no one there. This is getting to be a problem. I wish you could fix it. Keep up the good work for everything else...
There is nothing wrong.. the trouble is farmtown has introduced so many things changing in the way people play the game
you can get for free nearly anything you want from... eg belts.. send ingredients, work friends factories etc to keep you in stock to run your factories for that is the reason of decline why people are not buying or selling.

The other reason people are not hiring is because they have the latest tools and because hiring someone is time consuming because some workers are choosy or do incomplete work it faster to do it yourself. Wonder if they ever thought of a job listing.. where you list the work to be done person gets the job.. and when he finishes it even if your not around.. gets a rating for his work.. then his rating is the average of all his working career .. and you then can say only hire only people if rating is over 75% etc.

The trouble is to many people are complaining that they dont have this and that or cannot do this or that.. (such is life that) the dev are pandering to these people and the game heading in a different and I personally wrong direction even though they doing a great job.
Old Jun 21 2011, 07:51 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdoe View Post
There is nothing wrong.. the trouble is farmtown has introduced so many things changing in the way people play the game
you can get for free nearly anything you want from... eg belts.. send ingredients, work friends factories etc to keep you in stock to run your factories for that is the reason of decline why people are not buying or selling.

The other reason people are not hiring is because they have the latest tools and because hiring someone is time consuming because some workers are choosy or do incomplete work it faster to do it yourself. Wonder if they ever thought of a job listing.. where you list the work to be done person gets the job.. and when he finishes it even if your not around.. gets a rating for his work.. then his rating is the average of all his working career .. and you then can say only hire only people if rating is over 75% etc.

The trouble is to many people are complaining that they dont have this and that or cannot do this or that.. (such is life that) the dev are pandering to these people and the game heading in a different and I personally wrong direction even though they doing a great job.
He/She (sorry) is refering to a known bug that makes others in the MP unseen,as well as other glitches that makes using the MP almost impossible.

@ Shennie..I am sure they are working on this,but the # of lines of code they have to sift through to find the cause is probably more than most think.
(Not saying the problem shouldn't be given more or less attention)but it would be nice if Raul gave a "we are trying to fix it" in a update so those affected know they have been heard.
Old Jun 21 2011, 07:54 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isisfordia View Post
Amazing after all these upgrades, they still can't spell "oats" as in "oats and malt house".
Dude, they explained that A LOOONNNGG time ago! It's not supposed to say "oats and malt house", so it's right when it says "oast" on there. I forgot what it is but I think if you Google it, you should be able to find something.
Old Jun 21 2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Okay yeah for the new additions!!!! BUT now because I can not buy the new bottling plant because I do not have real world cash I have 7 useless factories.

It would be Oh so nice if the things that have to be purchased with $$$$$$$ could also be purchased for coins. Make it $1=100 coins or something on that order.

if they sold everything for coins farmtown would not exist as farm coins will not pay the employees and will not pay for the running and upkeep of the servers that keep this game going.

all businesses need cashflow to continue operating its a bit of a no brainer in my opinion

just saying

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Jun 21 2011, 08:42 PM

[quote=perryalexander;4720070]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
See the bottom of the post for bug fixes.

Some new crops and trees comming on the next release.

Could we get some more citrus fruit trees like LIME, GRAPEFRUIT, TANGERINE etc. could add them to other stores like Lime to Softdrinks, bakery and bar, Grapefruit to Breakfast and to bar drinks.

Maybe the coffee and cranberry trees could be converted to bushes like mother nature uses LOL The we could have blueberry bushes instead of as a crop. Ditto for Rasberry. Then there is gooseberry, and more. Could plant the bushes like trees to create borders and all.

Then since I am wishing,, how about more light houses and nautical stuff to use by the sea shores....lobster pots, crab traps, harbor posts with live preservers and bouys. Fishing boats to float on the bays would be cool.

Great release, please keep up the outstanding efforts to enhance the game and keep it new.
deciduous North American shrub or small tree having three-lobed leaves and red berries

Last edited by max_river; Jun 21 2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old Jun 21 2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
i have 16 of those or more aswell as big and small sea coasts and i have excess of all fish

there really is only 3 waterways you currently need in ft to supply all facilities and that is the

Big Sea Coast
Small Sea Coast and the big lake with boat
Yeah I have big and small seacoast too, once again probably not as much you. I do like the looks of farms with rivers and waterfalls on them even if the fish in them is not needed.
Old Jun 21 2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsmithBookie View Post
My question is, when are we getting more levels? Yes, I know you just gave us to new levels, but I probably have enough point built up to fill up at least another 15 or so. The problem with withholding more levels, is we LONG TERM players, have no way of earning farm cash to buy the new facilities. The new levels didn't give me enough farm cash to even buy one.

As it is, the high level players are getting screwed because we've maxed out and can't earn anything, while the newer, and mid-level players, still keep earning, and buying. That's unfair, that we, who have played a long time, most likely spent a lot more 'real money' on this game, and who have stuck by the Devs through thick and thin over the years, now get penalized because we have done just that.

Either give us another way to earn farm cash (Not the stupid surveys, and auto insurance scams), or add new levels so we can play on a fair, and equatable game field as everyone else.

I've been torn between feeling this way and appreciating it. On your side I use to feel I didn't have any thing to shoot for. Then I got into a competition with my wife to see who could get the highest XP. I kind of wished I would have let her win, I got so far head she has almost quit playing and plays poker now more than anything else. Anyway I figured out they would have to release 200 + levels for me to have something to shoot for. It ain't going to happen... So I feel hey I get 25 FC with every release and that is better than getting 1 FC at a time taking a week or two to earn enough to get what I want. But then again I usually spend $20 a month on the game anyway.
Old Jun 21 2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:

Ahh come on now you get 120 FC for $20. Most anyone should be able to afford $20 every other moth. Heck just throw your change in a jar and you could save that much.
Old Jun 21 2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shennie View Post
I love playing Farmtown but the only problem I have is when I go to the market there is still no one there. This is getting to be a problem. I wish you could fix it. Keep up the good work for everything else...
Yeah I have this problem too, but seems to come and with each update. Seems as though I have it with this update.