Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 23 2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docperk View Post
Ahh come on now you get 120 FC for $20. Most anyone should be able to afford $20 every other moth. Heck just throw your change in a jar and you could save that much.

ahhh easy for you maybe. Some of us are on fixed incomes - very LOW fixed incomes with little or no discretionary funds left over each month for games and the like.

Regardless, it is understandable that FT devs need funds to keep the program growing and as frustrating as it is that "I" cannot grow as fast as I would like, I cannot fault them for using the FC feature.

I do think, however, that it is sad that you have to pay so many FC to upgrade features by having to have a 4x4 plow before you can buy a 5x5 and you have to have ALL before you can buy the combine, etc. That really does add up to a lot of REAL money for basically one kind of feature.
Old Jun 23 2011, 08:18 PM

I haven't got to see much of the postings (things have been hectic in my real life...and been working on my virtual farm when I can), but are there plans to get the bait moved from the NON-INGREDIENTS area to....somewhere...where it can be used before it is sold off?

I know it is probably more bait than we'd ever use..Maybe, ...I'll have to be a bit more strategic when I harvest/fish/sell..

Oh the things one must remember...

ANYWHO...I heart the WORK ON ALL very much. And....I stayed away from the new tools, but treated myself and upgraded to the combines.

OH MY....what a timesaver! LOVE THEM!! Now, I'll get to redesigning....again..

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old Jun 23 2011, 08:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
Dear Farmtown, I posted this earlier on "Help and Support", but it looks like it got taken off for whatever reason. You still have a problem and you have not responded to it! At least let us/me know that you are working on the problem.

I just checked and the problem is still there! If I or anyone else responds to the request for "I would like to hire you to refer clients to my service facilities in FarmTown!", then after going to the person's/neighbor's farm and clicking okay to the "okay lets get started" I can hit the "no thanks maybe later" and then I can hit each facility individually including all of the regular factories not just the service facilities and on the factories hitting the all button then allows me to receive products even though that was obviously not the farm owners original intent. I know I won't be posting my service facilities until this is taken care of and I highly recommend that all other players also refrain from posting service facilities until this problem is resolved.

I should say that I love Farmtown and am a dedicated player. Your glitches are few and far between and generally you are very quick to address them. It's just that I posted this twice earlier and have yet to get a reply from FT/Slashkey

Thank you,

Ricky J
I think it is wonderful that I can go to my friends' farm only once to work both regular and service facilities. My friends usually post one right after the other so I know whether they wanted me to work both sets. This "glitch" as you call it, allows me to take care of their service facilities by individually clicking them after I have worked the regular ones. I really don't want to see this "fixed" since in my opinion it is working just great!

Last edited by Original Tee; Jun 23 2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old Jun 23 2011, 08:28 PM

Default brown and black belts

it would be nice to see how many more harvests we need to get the the brown or black belt, not yellow green or blue. I planted 5 whole fields of something before, then when I harvest them only to find out i only need to have 6 more of that plant to get to the brown belt. Does that make sense?
Old Jun 23 2011, 08:30 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
DT has reported back to us that it is a ghost product. The bait is not really in Non-ingredients. I tried it and she was right you do not sell your bait.
Thank you so much for this note. I just came to the forum to check out if this was a glitch because I saw it in my non-ingredients. It's nice to know that I'm not really selling it!
Old Jun 23 2011, 08:37 PM

GHOST WORMS!!! GHOST FISHIES!! Okay!!

Sometimes you just gotta read a little bit....I told ya...it's been a hectic..hectic few...

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old Jun 23 2011, 08:42 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
Here's my 2 cents worth:
1. THANK YOU for farm 10
2. THANK YOU for the free extra farm cash on the new levels
3. What a waste of programming on the Work All in the facilities - took me just as much time to work a neighbors facilities and I still had to go to every farm and then go back through again to work the service facilities - this added touch will NOT get our neighbors back working our farms and unless they work our farms, the game is pointless.
4. The stuff that is free all uses products that we are having trouble keeping in stock anyway, so why get them.
5. And all the farm cash items - enough is enough....won't continue to feed your unending piggy bank.
6. Bottling/Load ALL button in facilities - We paid farm cash for the other ALL button on the trucks - this is insanity that you want it now just for bottled items. What will the next one be? Just how many things are we going to have to pay farm cash for in order to load ALL in all facilities?
7. Speeding up the yeast production - I went to the trouble of getting 6 stinking trucks so I could have enough yeast and other stuff and now you are changing the rules. This is exactly why I won't spend another dime on this game. You want money today for something you are going to give away tomorrow. And I know this is the nature of the beast, but I wanted to express my discontent as I know others who have lots of trucks are thinking the same thing even if they won't say it.
My thoughts on some of your notes:
3. The work all button sure sped things up for me EXCEPT on farms that use layering to slam absolutely everything on top of crops. Real farms do not have buildings, trees, and flowers growing in their precious crop soil.
4. I agree that many of the crops I already had trouble keeping in stock are again overused.
5. If we don't "feed their piggybanks" there will be no money to keep the programmers paid to give us updates and fix problems with the game. People just do not work for free. This is also my response to your 6.
7. I also have 6 trucks and will be getting a 7th now that I seem to be running out of chicken too often. I don't feel that increasing yeast production gave others something for free that I paid for since I also got the increase in yeast. It would be nice though if I could sell some of the excess products from my trucks to people who don't have the money to spend on buying enough of them.
Old Jun 23 2011, 10:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
It would be neat to have multiple facilities on the same farm.... and they would all be able to produce.

I could have all 8 wineries and 3 wine cellars on one farm - a real theme farm of a wine plantation.

Or all the Dairy plants, and the Sheds for cows etc on one farm.... a dairy farm for sure..... and all the coops together.

The Oil Refinery and all the rigs, lined up, and surrounded by buffalo.... yeah!

Same for the bakeries

I suppose it could be extended to Coffee & Tea Shop, the different restaurants, etc, but that is not so appealing to me.

I know, someone could say... just expand the number that can be stored. Nah, just not the same as a row of wineries or cow stuff.

label/code them Shed A, Shed B etc

I don't think this is a great idea. The code that it would take to manage multiples of the same facilities on one farm would probably really drag the program down. If there is no limit to how many multiples you would end up in an enormous loop. I still have themes on my farms such as one farm is all the restaurants, one is all the factories to produce stuff for those restaurants. I love this game and how smoothly it runs. I'd hate to see changes that really drag it down.
Old Jun 23 2011, 10:32 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandracoe1 View Post
I am so tired of begging people to sell me salmon and crab! There are so many facilities that use these and no matter how much I fish my water or others I can't keep up with the need. There has to be some way to get more? How about getting rid of the fish that we just sell after fishing and stocking the seacoast and lake with more salmon and crab.
yes that would be great - no fish just for coins - more fish that are used in facilities!
Old Jun 24 2011, 02:11 AM

I bought the bottling machine and I am very very disappointed in it especially with the cost. I was thinking it would have one button to process the whole facility not just add an "all" button by the item. What did this save, certainly not time?
Closed Thread