Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 13 2011, 10:06 AM

Probably reached the maximum amount of FC for that option. It happened to me too.
Old Jul 13 2011, 10:22 AM

Nope.....that wasn't it....I had to use Firefox for my browser and it worked...figure that one out. I have spent so much time on getting an answer and it is something in ie9. Thank you for your answer
Old Jul 13 2011, 11:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatBart View Post
Nope.....that wasn't it....I had to use Firefox for my browser and it worked...figure that one out. I have spent so much time on getting an answer and it is something in ie9. Thank you for your answer
In IE9 do you have Facebook. com listed in Pop-up Blocker settings. I just checked my laptop that has IE9 and that is the only site I have in the blocker to allow. I don't have trialpay.com listed at all in the cookies part so I am guessing I allowed those from the prompt without having to go into the settings and force it.
It is opening fine on that laptop and I get the pop up window to complete the action. You might want to try adding Facebook.com to the pop-up blocker list and see if it will work then.
I am glad you at least have another avenue to get your cash. Also next time you want to buy FC just go through the Buy Cash tab on the game and you will only have to purchase the amount of credits you need to complete the buy. That way you will not have leftover credits.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 14 2011, 02:10 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't feed the beggers View Post
you don't need to buy anything to play, you can if you can or want to but it isn't necessary to play the game. What I meant was is that they have people willing to pay for the items, if the knocked the charges down, they would in turn be losing profit that they do make.
I'm not so sure about that. The tools are what? 40FC? If they knocked it down to 25FC more people would think that is acceptable and buy. Say twice as many people purchase...they earn 10 more, 3x 35 more etc. Mass marketing. You sell more at a lower price you still will end up making a bigger profit.
Old Jul 15 2011, 11:54 PM

Hi - I just placed an order at Old Navy for about $60.00 - I did it through EARN CASH and was suppose to get 60 credits. I have received the order confirmation - and I have rebooted and refreshed several times, but the credits are not showing up. Can you help me ?

Not in the stars but in ourselves lies our destiny!
Old Jul 16 2011, 12:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayah View Post
Hi - I just placed an order at Old Navy for about $60.00 - I did it through EARN CASH and was suppose to get 60 credits. I have received the order confirmation - and I have rebooted and refreshed several times, but the credits are not showing up. Can you help me ?
You will have to take that up with Facebook and Trialpay. They are the ones who run that now.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 16 2011, 10:31 AM

I have two problems with the Farm Cash request.
1. I accepted from a neighbor and worked her factories and harvested for her. I got 1 FC but did not get the 2 FC for the production. For the past 3 days, I keep getting the pop up asking me if I want to earn 2 FC. I accept, but, never get the 2 FC. And, I am not able to accept any offers from anyone else because each time I accept from someone else, I am STILL sent to the neighbor that originally sent me the FC request.
2. Since I have gotten in the loop with this particular neighbor, I no longer have the ability either through the strip acros the top or the cash challenge.
Can someone please help me?
Old Jul 16 2011, 10:33 AM

#348 Today, 10:31 AM
New to This Join Date: Jun 27 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have two problems with the Farm Cash request.
1. I accepted from a neighbor and worked her factories and harvested for her. I got 1 FC but did not get the 2 FC for the production. For the past 3 days, I keep getting the pop up asking me if I want to earn 2 FC. I accept, but, never get the 2 FC. And, I am not able to accept any offers from anyone else because each time I accept from someone else, I am STILL sent to the neighbor that originally sent me the FC request.
2. Since I have gotten in the loop with this particular neighbor, I no longer have the ability either through the strip acros the top or the cash challenge.
Can someone please help me?
Old Jul 17 2011, 08:29 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to SkatterbrainKid
Cool Converting Face Book Credits into Farm Cash Dollars. Sly conversion scheme?

Under the old system, if you took advantage of one of Farm Town's marketing partner's offer (i.e. buy ink online, buy shoes, get a credit card, etc.), Farm Town TOLD you upfront how much in Farm Cash that would buy you. And you as a Farmer knew how much Farm Cash you needed to get that new Facility or Power Tool you needed to stay current or competitive.

Under the NEW system, you are not told in the offer from the marketing partner how much Farm Cash you will earn. You are told how many Face Book credits it will earn you. And for the uninitiated, there is an inclination to just assume that one Face Book credit will equal $1 in Farm Cash.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

There is a new CONVERSION ratio of Face Book Credits to Farm Cash which is not 1 to 1. And you are not TOLD what that conversion ratio is when you are offered the "deal" from the marketing partner to earn Face Book credits.

BUYER BEWARE

I' just spent $30 on a marketing partner "deal" that earned me 140 in Face Book credits. Then I discovered that because Farm Cash is sold only in blocks, the most I could use from my new cache of 140 Face Book credits was 99 credits which would get me $55 in Farm Cash, leaving me with 41 in remaining Face Book credits. But I can't used those 41 to buy more Farm Cash until I earn more Face Book credits to get to the first block purchase option. I would have gotten over twice as much in Farm Cash had I just purchased it outright versus spending money on a partner offer that I really did not need, at least at this moment.

Isn't this just a clever way for Farm Town to get Farmers to buy more things via manipulation of this Face Book to Farm Cash conversion ratio (that is not disclosed upfront at the purchase point) as well as a way to peddle the marketing partner's merchandise in ways that Farmer might not otherwise buy them? And by forcing Farmers to purchase blocks of Farm Cash versus individual increments, isn't this a ploy to get Farmers to spend their residual Face Book credits on other Face Book connected games or "deals"?

Do you feel ripped off by this new system?
Old Jul 17 2011, 09:38 AM
Account Not Linked

This is at the very top of the Buy Cash page:

To comply with Facebook Policies we now require users to purchase FarmCash using Facebook Credits only. You can purchase Facebook Credits using many payment options including credit cards, PayPal and your mobile phone. The process is quick and secure. The amount of money you spend to buy FarmCash now it's the same as it was before. Click the 'Pay with Credits' button below to buy FarmCash with Facebook Credits.