Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 28 2011, 04:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary.cosgrove@yahoo.com View Post
I purchased 105 facebook credits for $10.00 twice. This should have given me 210 in facebook credits. Used 28 farmcash and now it shows a balance of 63. Don't understand this concept. Will some one please explain how many facebook credits it takes to buy farmcash stuff?
Look at the prices for the quatities of farmcash. Drop the last digit and forget about the decimal. That is how many FB credits it takes to buy those amounts of Farm Cash. For example 250FC costs 399 FB credits, 120FC costs 199 FB credits.
Basically each FB credit is worth $0.10.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 28 2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Look at the prices for the quatities of farmcash. Drop the last digit and forget about the decimal. That is how many FB credits it takes to buy those amounts of Farm Cash. For example 250FC costs 399 FB credits, 120FC costs 199 FB credits.
Basically each FB credit is worth $0.10.
From the sounds of it I feel like I'm being screwed. No matter how I look at it. It doesn't matter how much I spend in really money. It doesn't sound like I'm getting my money's worth. There is alot I'd like to get to improve my farms. But I want my money's worth.

I may try it once just to see what it's all about. But I don't expect to be doing it like I was before. Monthly if not more.
Old Jul 28 2011, 05:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Kate 52 View Post
From the sounds of it I feel like I'm being screwed. No matter how I look at it. It doesn't matter how much I spend in really money. It doesn't sound like I'm getting my money's worth. There is alot I'd like to get to improve my farms. But I want my money's worth.

I may try it once just to see what it's all about. But I don't expect to be doing it like I was before. Monthly if not more.
In actuality you are getting a better deal than we got before. For one thing each transaction to convert the credits to FC is costing you 9 cents less than it was when we purchased it directly through Paypal with Slashkey. If you used to buy through other than Paypal, you were not getting as much because Super Rewards took there cut.
No where has it ever said that FB credits were equal to FC on a 1 to 1 exchange.
In fact if you get your credits through Facebook as you did, you are getting more than your $10 worth because they tack on a bonus percentage of 5%. So instead of $10.00 worth, you got $10.50 worth.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 28 2011, 07:00 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
In actuality you are getting a better deal than we got before. For one thing each transaction to convert the credits to FC is costing you 9 cents less than it was when we purchased it directly through Paypal with Slashkey. If you used to buy through other than Paypal, you were not getting as much because Super Rewards took there cut.
No where has it ever said that FB credits were equal to FC on a 1 to 1 exchange.
In fact if you get your credits through Facebook as you did, you are getting more than your $10 worth because they tack on a bonus percentage of 5%. So instead of $10.00 worth, you got $10.50 worth.
Let me explain what I use to do. I'd go to Walgreens and I'd buy a Zeevex card. Worth $10.00. I'd come home and enter the information into the correct spots and I'd end up with $50.00 Farm cash. I'd buy 2 zeevex cards and I'd get double the amount of Farm cash. Simple. I knew how many cards to buy because I knew how much FC I'd end up with & I knew what I could spend it on. I can't do that now. From what I've read from the facebook help section. It sounds like I have to keep 99 credits always there at all times, anything over the 99 I can use for the games, any game I want to use it on. If it goes below 99 I can't use any of it until I get it back up to 99. That's like a bank telling me I have to keep $50.00 in a saving account and if I go below that amount I get a penalty. Explain to me why I should have to keep 99 credits in my account at all times and then put more into it. That doesn't make any sense to me. In a way, what FB has done is taken some of the fun away for me. I'm finding myself playing less because I know that I will not be able to really enjoy it anymore. That goes for all the other games I play too.
Old Jul 28 2011, 07:05 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Let me explain what I use to do. I'd go to Walgreens and I'd buy a Zeevex card. Worth $10.00. I'd come home and enter the information into the correct spots and I'd end up with $50.00 Farm cash. I'd buy 2 zeevex cards and I'd get double the amount of Farm cash. Simple. I knew how many cards to buy because I knew how much FC I'd end up with & I knew what I could spend it on. I can't do that now. From what I've read from the facebook help section. It sounds like I have to keep 99 credits always there at all times, anything over the 99 I can use for the games, any game I want to use it on. If it goes below 99 I can't use any of it until I get it back up to 99. That's like a bank telling me I have to keep $50.00 in a saving account and if I go below that amount I get a penalty. Explain to me why I should have to keep 99 credits in my account at all times and then put more into it. That doesn't make any sense to me. In a way, what FB has done is taken some of the fun away for me. I'm finding myself playing less because I know that I will not be able to really enjoy it anymore. That goes for all the other games I play too.
You do not have to jeep any credits on your FB account you can use all the credits you have when you buy dc.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jul 28 2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
You do not have to jeep any credits on your FB account you can use all the credits you have when you buy dc.

That's nice to know. Just wish facebook or someone would put it in step by step instructions and in simple plain english what you can or can't do. With screen shots. I'm a visual learner. Just telling me does not get to the correct part of the brain like a book learner. Ex:

For using a Facebook prepaid card.
1-Go to the upper right hand corner of you profile and look for the words "Accont settings" click on the words "credit balance"
2-Your "My Accounts" will come up. Make sure the "Payments" tab is highlighted. Look for the words "Credit Balance" over to the right on the same line. look for the words "buy more". (Under these words will be how many FB credits you have. AT the moment I have 10) Click on the words "buy more
'
3-A popup will come titled "Get Facebook Credits." You'll see a spot for Paypay, one for the credit cards, one for mobile phone and then the words in blue "More Payment Options." Click on the spot for "more payment options"

4-What will come up are "Earn Credits" and "Redeem your gift card" Click on the "Redeem your gift card"

5-Another popup will come up titled "Redeem Your Facebook Credit Gift Card" There is a picture of the back of the card showing you where the pin number on the card is. Key in the number on the back of card and click "Redeem Now"

I was able to get these from just clicking on what I wrote down here. On my own step by steps I'll be adding screen shots to make sure I know that is what I'm suppose to be looking for. I just wish I had the same kind of step by step instructions for doing it through the game menu bar at the top of the game or via the bank with screen shots so I knew what to look for.

This is what I have been trying to find but I can't find anywhere. For either going via the Facebook way or the game way. For a lot of you I know it's very simple. But it is not for me. I need the steps. Sorry to be such a pest. But I know what I need and what does not work for me and the way FB has it explained does not work for me at all. I can not picture it in my head at all.

I may try the FB cards once to see what happens. But I'm still not sure.
Old Jul 28 2011, 07:49 PM

Geez, does this sound as if there are a lot of us who are utterly fed up with the new Farm Cash - must use facebook credits - system. I would have bought and used more Farm Cash days ago, but I still can't get it, and won't be using other than my usual prepaid credit card to do so.

It has certainly taken off the shine of Farm Town for me lately

Old Jul 28 2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Geez, does this sound as if there are a lot of us who are utterly fed up with the new Farm Cash - must use facebook credits - system. I would have bought and used more Farm Cash days ago, but I still can't get it, and won't be using other than my usual prepaid credit card to do so.

It has certainly taken off the shine of Farm Town for me lately
I'm joining you Helen. Sad part is this is here to stay because FB says so. Unless Slashkey leaves and puts this game on it's website for all of us to play that way. The only choice we have is not to buy or buy the way FB wants us to buy. Why Slashkey couldn't have come up with something like Farmville did is something I don't understand. On FV you can still use their prepaid cards. Because they have some knd of agreement with FB. Not that many other games do. Like you, I will not be useing anything buy a prepaid card.
Old Jul 28 2011, 10:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I'm joining you Helen. Sad part is this is here to stay because FB says so. Unless Slashkey leaves and puts this game on it's website for all of us to play that way. The only choice we have is not to buy or buy the way FB wants us to buy. Why Slashkey couldn't have come up with something like Farmville did is something I don't understand. On FV you can still use their prepaid cards. Because they have some knd of agreement with FB. Not that many other games do. Like you, I will not be useing anything buy a prepaid card.
WHat you are all failing to see is that Zynga is a multi-million dollar corporation with lots of games (none of which hold a candle to Farmtown). They could produce their own cards and work their own deal with the stores. They did this long before Facebook mandated using FB credits. This is not something they made an agreement with Facebook on but something they redeem through their own web page. To play their games you still have to connect through Facebook.

Kate, from what I have been able to find you will have to redeem your Facebook cards through Facebook Account/Credit Balance as you listed. The Buy Cash in the game does not have that option listed. So you will need to follow the steps you listed for Facebook to get your credits on your account.
Where you picked up the having to keep 99 credits in account, I am not absolutely sure , but it may have been an article meant for those who have Facebook Ads. Facebook search in Help is not good at sorting these articles by users and ad buyers.

You want step by step instructions for getting your Facebook credits over to Farm Cash, so I'll give this a try.
1. Make sure you know how many credits you have in your Facebook account.
2. Click on Buy Cash at top of game.
3. Pick the amount of Farm cash you want within the amount of credits you have. Each block size of Farm Cash has a price out to the side of it. Drop the last digit (9) and that is how many Facebook credits you need to buy that amount of Farm Cash. To further explain this:
250 FC - 399 FBC
120 FC - 199 FBC
55 FC - 99 FBC
25 FC - 49 FBC

4. After selecting the amount, then check the box to accept Terms of Service and click on Pay with Credits.
5. A dialog box will open like this:

6. When you click on Buy Now, then the transaction will go through, the amount of credits in the upper right corner will be deducted from your Facebook credits total and you will be given your Farm Cash.

Last edited by Rob T; Jul 29 2011 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Speculation and incorrect info, PM sent
Old Jul 28 2011, 11:51 PM

I'm not failing to see that situation Taz. I've simply found that I'm let down very badly now by a system that is for some reason not working for me anymore. I can't get the facebook credits to go through and I've exhausted many options in trying to do so.

It's one thing to be forced to accept a new payment method, but surely it's only worth it if it actually works for everyone. I've bought several hundred dollars worth of farmcash over the past year with absolutely no problem at all, and now I can't seem to get the wretched facebook credits bought to carry on with more farm cash, and nobody seems to be able to give me a reason for this.