Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 01 2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suepatches View Post
Please give me the other sprinkler back.. I now find myself using the water can to water my flowers If I dont want to water the crop. I would like the option to use either sprinkler. Call me old or stupid but I really fell like I took a step backwards with this only red sprinkler option. I love how we can speed up the crops but I really like to water flowers when they need it and not speed up a crop that I do not plan on staying up all night to harvest. betweeen facebook taking away game stories and posting everything we are doing im getting lost confused and depressed over all this.
you still have the other sprinkler...if you look in storage under items and filter for tools you will see it there ...just take it out and use it and out it away again or leave it on a farm

i am not a moderator ...just someone who likes to help out where i can

Proudly Farming Since May 2009
Old Sep 01 2011, 11:35 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
3 it was primarily designed to be used on 2 ,3 and 4 day crops (not so you can harvest a zillion raspberrys evrery hour ) of course it will work on shorter time crops but only at the usage rate in item 1
Could you point me to where it says that in the release notes?
Old Sep 01 2011, 11:35 PM

I would have to say that given the last sentence which reads "... if you plant new one and you want them to grow twice as fast, you will have to irrigate them after you plant them" is in direct contradiction with the sentence which reads "As before, you can irrigate only once per day." How can both be true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
{B}6. Red Mobile Sprinkler also irrigate crops, double growing speed (do not revive crops):[/b] If you already own a Brown Mobile Sprinkler you can buy this Red Mobile Sprinkler to irrigate flowers and crops at the same time. Irrigated plants will grow twice as fast and will have a (W) when you mouse over them.

Notice you will not see an immediate change in growth, what will happen is that all crops and flowers in the farm that are still growing will be fully grown twice as fast from that point on.

You can irrigate a plant more than once, but it's growth speed will only double the first time. As before, you can irrigate only once per day. It's OK if someone irrigated your farm that same day.

When you use this tool on other people farms it behaves as if you were using the Brown Sprinkler, growing speed doesn't change.

This tool is an extension of the Brown Mobile Sprinkler, meaning, unlike the Manure Spreaders, you are irrigating the plants, not the farm, so if you plant new ones and you want them to grow twice as fast, you will have to irrigate them after you plant them.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul
I think that this is where the frustration builds. Since we paid 50 FC for the sprinkler, many of us thought we were getting the ability to water each crop once it is planted, but that no plant can be watered more than once per day. Given that a new plant is planted, which clearly couldn't have been watered in the the past 24 hours (hence a new plant), and we are watering the plant and not the farm, it shouldn't matter if the farm was watered in the past 24 hours.

Given that this item was $8.00 USD, if you purchased the 250 FC for $39.99, it is only reasonable to expect that it would give you equal or more benefit than the 45 FC Combine and on the same par as the par as the Manure Spreader, which cost the same amount of FC and USD.

Even if it is working as intended, and not clearly stated, we are forced to either leave our farm plots un-planted for the time until the irrigation clock resets, thereby loosing productivity, or give up on the plant's time to harvest being truly cut in half, since we have to wait the rest of the 24 hour time period for the ability to irrigate to rest, and only reducing the time to harvest by half from that point the plants were irrigated, since Raul stated that it is "..from that point on."

For the sake of the game, the Dev's need to rework how this irrigation is working or refund the players their FC. There is not a store out there that will not take a product back that didn't live up to expectations. I'm not asking for my USD's back, just the ability to get my FC back.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Sep 01 2011, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jo View Post
Could you point me to where it says that in the release notes?
the post is all about how i see it not any copying from release notes so it wont show that there ...however there is the scenario that some people (note i didnt say you!!! ) ...if they could.....would repetitively plant short time crops to gain exps and lvls etc

i am not a moderator ...just someone who likes to help out where i can

Proudly Farming Since May 2009

Last edited by driverdave; Sep 01 2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old Sep 01 2011, 11:46 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
the post is all about how i see it not any copying from release notes so it wont show that there ...however there is the scenario that some people (note i didnt say you!!! ) ...if they could.....would repetitively plant short time crops to gain exps and lvls etc
I have stated here many times that I don't irrigate any crop 1 day or less so that isn't my issue with the sprinkler. I don't need to speed up my short term crops. My issue is that I don't always plant the same long term crop across a whole field, nor do I always plant the same timed crops across a field. When half your field is ready and you harvest and replant it but can't irrigate it again until the 24 hours is up on the other half - that is not how it was explained in the release notes. I also don't like that they combined it with the brown sprinkler. I want to be able to just water my flowers and not have to even think about what it is doing to my crops.
Old Sep 01 2011, 11:50 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Red face sprinkler

Ok I did not know that the other sprinkler was in storage (guess I believed the everything is in the tool box idea) so, never mind. Thanks for the help.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 01 2011, 11:51 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by suepatches View Post
Ok I did not know that the other sprinkler was in storage (guess I believed the everything is in the tool box idea) so, never mind. Thanks for the help.
When I took my brown sprinkler out of storage it turned into the red one once I placed it on the farm.
Old Sep 02 2011, 12:00 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default sprinkler

Bonnie, You are so right, other sprinkler turns red as soon as I try to use it. so im out one sprinkler. Back to square one?

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 02 2011, 12:04 AM
Account Not Linked

The problem they are probably trying to prevent, is runaway experience.

They already have it, with the x16 and x25 tools being used on other peoples farms, especially the Combo tool.

Can you imagine 10 farms of 1 hour raspberries, on a combo tool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayGee View Post
We should be able to irrigate right after we plant, since we are irrigating "crops", not "farms". They need to change it. <wave of hand>.
Old Sep 02 2011, 12:06 AM

I just tested removing the brown sprinkler out of the storage, onto a farm that wasn't irrigated in the past 24 hours, to see if I could indeed use it as it was purchased. Well it failed. When I clicked to use it, it too turned read, and irrigated the plants and not just the flowers. So, you cannot just water flowers!

This is like making the 3x3, or 4x4 tools work 5x5 since we own the 5x5 tool.

They need to get it fixed, because now I sped up a crop that only had 1 hour left, that I didn't want to waste the speed up feature on!

Where are the Mods? Why are we not getting better information from them?!?!?

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Closed Thread