Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 02 2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweeb View Post
The problem they are probably trying to prevent, is runaway experience.

They already have it, with the x16 and x25 tools being used on other peoples farms, especially the Combo tool.

Can you imagine 10 farms of 1 hour raspberries, on a combo tool?
Hit the nail on the head there Dweeb ....... the sprinkler still has bugs but people can work around them till they are sorted ..personally i have no probs with it it does what i want it to do and i consider it fc well spent

i am not a moderator ...just someone who likes to help out where i can

Proudly Farming Since May 2009
Old Sep 02 2011, 12:15 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
Hit the nail on the head there Dweeb ....... the sprinkler still has bugs but people can work around them till they are sorted ..personally i have no probs with it it does what i want it to do and i consider it fc well spent
When a tool changes how I have to plant my crops and water my flowers it is not FC well spent to me. I'm glad you're happy with it but from all the posts here it sounds like you are in a very small minority.
Old Sep 02 2011, 12:15 AM

maybe the mods are doing their farm 11 ...lol

Old Sep 02 2011, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jo View Post
When a tool changes how I have to plant my crops and water my flowers it is not FC well spent to me. I'm glad you're happy with it but from all the posts here it sounds like you are in a very small minority.
i usually am but you see i am quite old and wont allow a little thing like this to upset me ...and as our tools and technology evolve so should our methods and practices .......i feel for your pain but i dont remember any new technology ....real or virtual that hasnt had bugs in it

Old Sep 02 2011, 12:24 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
i usually am but you see i am quite old and wont allow a little thing like this to upset me ...and as our tools and technology evolve so should our methods and practices .......i feel for your pain but i dont remember any new technology ....real or virtual that hasnt had bugs in it
I am probably just as old (or close) as you are. When I purchase anything IRL I expect it to be as advertised and I also expect a store to make good on it when it isn't so. Saying this is new technology is stretching it a bit. It is just a stupid tool in a game which happens to cost real money and not "virtual money." I can understand why people are upset, even if it is just a game.
Old Sep 02 2011, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweeb View Post
The problem they are probably trying to prevent, is runaway experience.

They already have it, with the x16 and x25 tools being used on other peoples farms, especially the Combo tool.

Can you imagine 10 farms of 1 hour raspberries, on a combo tool?
I don't agree. I believe that if they could speed up harvest times, there would be less of a need for additional farms and limit the need to layer farms for players to keep the products in inventory to keep the facilities full.

A player can plow a field and delete a field twice for the same XP's in far shorter amount of time than planting and waiting for raspberries to grow, if they are only after XP's. They could sit in the MP and get hired over and over in 1 hour and earn farm more XP's. I sat in the MP for 45 minutes this evening, didn't beg for work, and had 8 hires, two of which were multiple farm/multiple actions, all solo. I have no idea what I earned, since I'm at level 260, but I'm sure that I earned farm more than 1024 XP's.

As I posted earlier, the release notes are contradictory, in my opinion. If this is how they intended, it provides far less benefit than the manure spreader which cost the same FC. I would only value this tool at half the FC price.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Sep 02 2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
maybe the mods are doing their farm 11 ...lol
Diverdave, you're probably right about the Mod's.

We all sat the forums when we couldn't/didn't want to wait for the new update Well, we got it, and we have to have something to talk about.

The sprinkler was great when the new release came out, I needed some crops to bolster my inventory, since I knew I was going to move facilities to other farms, without them being completely empty, and would loose those items in the facilities. I was able to plant, and then irrigate all 10 farm early after the release came out, and now have every facility back up to 100%, and building my stock back up.

I only see this tool valuable if I have allowed items to get down to a dangerous level or if I know that with my work schedule, that I won't have time in the normal cycle to get to a crop.

In my opinion, for 50 FC, the manure spreader doubled our yield for every crop we plant when the farm is fertilized be it a 2 hour or 5 day crop, so for 50 FC, the red sprinkler should cut the growing time in half every crop I plant, not just one every 24 hours.

If it was just going to be an enhancement with a slight advantage, it should have been at a lower price of the brown sprinkler, just like the 5x5's tools were a lower price from the 4x4's tool prices.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
Old Sep 02 2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jo View Post
I am probably just as old (or close) as you are. When I purchase anything IRL I expect it to be as advertised and I also expect a store to make good on it when it isn't so. Saying this is new technology is stretching it a bit. It is just a stupid tool in a game which happens to cost real money and not "virtual money." I can understand why people are upset, even if it is just a game.
And, the forums are the avenue for the players to communicate back to Slashkey and the developers on our thoughts and desires for the games. They clearly read the posts, and we all can and should express our opinions on what is working in the game and what isn't meeting our expectations. They have to give the players what the players want, in order to keep them spending money, and you are so right, it is "real money".

---Jerry

My Quest Plot Farm
Old Sep 02 2011, 12:48 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Ok I am now back to give me my old sprinkler back and you can take the red one away and I will eat the loss of farm cash. I just want to play the game and do my own thing without all the stupid rules on times and stuff like that. Call it a lesson learned. I do not need to plant like nuts to get ex points. I feel if you tell us to rewater new crops we should be able to do so. But what ever, just give me the old sprinkler and I will continue on as before. I have done rather well in life but I am not a rocket scientist which is what you need to be lately to play. I am not into spread sheets, or graphs, just want to play and not worry about the next thing I have to work around.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 02 2011, 12:55 AM
Senior Moderator

I think what really needs to be done is separate the sprinklers apart. Leave the Brown one to do flowers only and make the red on e only do crops. This would satisfy those who want to do flowers without doing crops. Also need to change the time period for the Red one to 6 or 12 hours instead of 24 hours.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread