Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 26 2011, 09:30 PM

Thumbs up Scale of Items

I agree about the scale of certain buildings, animals and other things. To me "to scale" is all about the appearance in size. Most things look like they should. For example, the Oil Rig is huge and over powers in size a two story building. Not only does it look out of place, it really takes up a lot of room.

I agree, to me, it is about decorating and landscaping for the most part. Have three that are for that purpose, and a couple that are basically for crops which make me cash money to buy bigger lots. Perhaps we could have a choice as to size...two choices. This way we can decide which looks best in our landscaping.

I really enjoy Farm Town. Gives one a chance to be creative and appreciate others. I have seen some awesome farms. Gives other ideas about how to do their farms. Farm Town is also a place to make friends, talk and exchange ideas.

Old Sep 26 2011, 10:08 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifoofoo View Post
wow. how did you get so much fuel? That's all I make as there is not enough for both (for me).

1 crude oil makes 12 fuel tanks

1 fuel tank gives you 300 units of fuel

12 fuel tanks x 300 = 3600 units of fuel

It takes 60 barrels of crude oil to max out the oil refinery.

60x12x300= 216000 units of fuel

At that rate it is less then 5 fillings of the refinery to make a million units of fuel. The last time I refuled was months ago and I got I think 3.5 million units I have just over 1 million left. I only load my facilities 3 times a week not everyday and I max out most things every time. The only things I don't max out are things like fuel and tomato sauce stuff that you make way more then you need. I max out the petrochemical plant every time I load the facilities and I have 5732 petrochemical barrels in storage. If you just watch what your really need and do not try to keep the facilities maxed out 100% of the time it is easy to let some things build up in storage to where you will not have a problem with that item.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Sep 26 2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayce M. Jones View Post
I also have 3 sugar refineries and it is not enough sugar. I run out every time by or before halfway thru the factories. Also i fill my factories most of the time and do fill the ones i have had for quite a while. Takes a while to get some new ones up to par. Still way short of the farmerade also. When you keep adding something that uses a product, we still need to be able to produce more. I hate working facilites when they are on all farms and will not do that myself, will eliminate some factories first and make sure not to get new ones.
I'm with you on the sugar. I have 4 sugar facilities and never have enough to use it in all my facilities. That is the one thing I wish they would increase production on most.
Old Sep 26 2011, 10:15 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_Kadiddlehopper View Post
I'm with you on the sugar. I have 4 sugar facilities and never have enough to use it in all my facilities. That is the one thing I wish they would increase production on most.
Sugar has been increased by 50%. Now for every batch you start you get 15 bags of sugar instead of 10.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

Old Sep 26 2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rposer@googlemail.com View Post
instead of producing 28 barrels oil now to produce 56 is great... basically... but that won`t help me if the time to produce each is not cut to half... or if friends cannot help me producing them faster. Someone has not thought about that issue.
I understand what you are saying and I believe JAS miscalculated. You ARE right in the fact that you are still making the same amount per day. The only thing that the new release did was to lengthen the time before the "tool" ran dry without replenishing. It use to run dry in 3.5 days and now it will make it to 7 days before you have to fill it back up.

The problem I have with your "production" problem is that the oil pump is a tool that only costs 100,000 coins (not real farm cash). I don't know how many pumps you own now, but you have the ability to have 11 farms and each farm can have a pump if needed. I have 6 pumps and have barrels running out of my ears and last time I filled up with gas I received 5.5 million units which takes months and months to use, even when I use MY gas on other peoples farms using my 5x5 equipment.
Old Sep 26 2011, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Sugar has been increased by 50%. Now for every batch you start you get 15 bags of sugar instead of 10.
and you dont use any more sugarcane to make the 15 bags before u needed 10 boxes of sugarcane to make 10 bags of sugar now 10 boxes makes 15 bags of sugar.

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Sep 26 2011, 10:30 PM

have no problem with fuel. but bread is a problem (I have increased to 2 bakeries) and it would be nice if the bakery it self was a little larger. Copper is a non-starter, greatful for all the new products, but they use a lot of copper. Cheese, sugar, and lumber are great. Thanks for all the hard work....enjoying my weekend farming.
Old Sep 26 2011, 10:40 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddie View Post
I understand what you are saying and I believe JAS miscalculated. You ARE right in the fact that you are still making the same amount per day. The only thing that the new release did was to lengthen the time before the "tool" ran dry without replenishing. It use to run dry in 3.5 days and now it will make it to 7 days before you have to fill it back up.
Before yesterday a batch of crude oil gave you 1 crude oil barrel yesterday they increased that by 100% now a batch of crude oil gives you 2 barrels. You have always been able to start 7 days worth of crude oil barrel batches in the oil pumps. A batch takes 6 hours to produce so in one day you could make 4 batches of crude oil that has not changed.

Before yesterday:

1 batch of crude oil = 1 crude oil barrel

1 day gave you 4 batches of crude oil 4x1=4

a maxed out oil pump gave you 28 batches of crude oil 28x1=28

Starting yesterday:

1 batch of crude oil = 2 crude oil barrels

1 day gave you 4 batches of crude oil 4x2=8

a maxed out oil pump gives you 28 batches of crude oil 28x2=56

I don't care how you look at it the crude oil has been doubled and the time it takes to get the same amount of crude oil as before yesterday has been cut in half. I can understand if some still think this is not enough crude oil to fill the facilities but your crude oil has been doubled.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

Old Sep 26 2011, 10:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddie View Post
You are incorrect in your assumption. All of the items such as the mines, oil pumps, fish farms, etc. have always been 7 day production when filled and that hasn't changed since they were released. The Oil pump was producing 1 barrel every 6 hours or a total of 28 barrels in 7 days. Now it produces 2 barrels every 6 hours or 56 for a 7 day production. So now instead of getting 4 barrels in a day from 1 oil pump you now get 8 barrels a day.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 26 2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Before yesterday a batch of crude oil gave you 1 crude oil barrel yesterday they increased that by 100% now a batch of crude oil gives you 2 barrels. You have always been able to start 7 days worth of crude oil barrel batches in the oil pumps. A batch takes 6 hours to produce so in one day you could make 4 batches of crude oil that has not changed.

Before yesterday:

1 batch of crude oil = 1 crude oil barrel

1 day gave you 4 batches of crude oil 4x1=4

a maxed out oil pump gave you 28 batches of crude oil 28x1=28

Starting yesterday:

1 batch of crude oil = 2 crude oil barrels

1 day gave you 4 batches of crude oil 4x2=8

a maxed out oil pump gives you 28 batches of crude oil 28x2=56

I don't care how you look at it the crude oil has been doubled and the time it takes to get the same amount of crude oil as before yesterday has been cut in half. I can understand if some still think this is not enough crude oil to fill the facilities but your crude oil has been doubled.
Anouther way of explaining it is the "Oil Pump" is one of the facilities that can NOT be worked by your neighbours you have to wait the full 7 days for the facility to empty so before yesterdays update the most a Oil Pump could produce was 28 Crude Oil Barrells in 7 days Now after the update the oil pump will produce 56 Crude oil barrells in 7 days

so over 7 days now if you kept the batch size at 1 it would produce 1 cruse oil barrell every 3 hours.

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Closed Thread