Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 07 2012, 11:44 AM

I am with you Taz.. I am thrilled that we have a designing tool as it is better then nothing. But stone paths are just so much more versatile to work with. they don't get lost as easy and you don't need near as many to cover the same about of pixel area. I would love to have our stone paths back for the detail design work. Dirt paths work for small projects but for serious detailed elaborate design work that truly looks 3-d we need the stone paths to pull of those projects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
While I am glad the dirt paths are back to working, I would also like to see the stone paths reset too. It looks much better and only takes one to be able to set boulders around water ways.
In MHO for all its worth

Happy farming
Nala
Old May 07 2012, 11:50 AM

I harvessted the new Acacia trees today and can't find them in my storage. Can anyone tell me where they go? Thanks for all the new releases! Love them!
Old May 07 2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImajeanB View Post
I harvessted the new Acacia trees today and can't find them in my storage. Can anyone tell me where they go? Thanks for all the new releases! Love them!
when harvested they show as Arabic Gum in your storage
Old May 07 2012, 11:54 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImajeanB View Post
Hi there,

Look in your Harvest storage (from plants) for "Arabic Gum", that's the product you get from the Acacia trees

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old May 07 2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nala View Post
I am with you Taz.. I am thrilled that we have a designing tool as it is better then nothing. But stone paths are just so much more versatile to work with. they don't get lost as easy and you don't need near as many to cover the same about of pixel area. I would love to have our stone paths back for the detail design work. Dirt paths work for small projects but for serious detailed elaborate design work that truly looks 3-d we need the stone paths to pull of those projects.

In MHO for all its worth

Happy farming
Nala
I used stone paths too but I am quite happy that I can set a building or table on stone paths and have it look right, or make a cobblestone road and have my car set OK without having to place a tree to hide my sinking tire.

And yes I know I will have to use twice as many dirt paths when merging but for me it is a good trade off.

Just giving the devs a different view point that some of us like it the way it is since the dirt paths have been restored to the old way.
Old May 07 2012, 12:29 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Dirt Path Changes

Hi everyone, the Developers have advised us that have changed the dirt path back to how it used to work.

Please let us know if there are any further problems.
I'm just so happy I could cry. Thanks so much moderators and devs for your quick response to my (our) desperate complaints. I will never doubt again.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old May 07 2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch85 View Post
Every time we get an update there is a huge debate about whether or not charging real money for things is fair. I don't care who you are, surely you are spending some money for something that gives you pleasure...even if it's a candy bar that you like. We all have our priorities...what gives you pleasure may not be what someone else likes. For me, it's spending a bit of money on my favorite game...Farmtown. I am thinking some of the complainers wouldn't be happy no matter what this game offered.
I agree completely...
Old May 07 2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
I used stone paths too but I am quite happy that I can set a building or table on stone paths and have it look right, or make a cobblestone road and have my car set OK without having to place a tree to hide my sinking tire.

And yes I know I will have to use twice as many dirt paths when merging but for me it is a good trade off.

Just giving the devs a different view point that some of us like it the way it is since the dirt paths have been restored to the old way.
Yes I like to use the stone paths as ground too - Im also happy with only the dirt paths being "sticky" - BTW just got them to work on the seacoasts but I can only get them to cover water nothing else.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old May 07 2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Yes I like to use the stone paths as ground too - Im also happy with only the dirt paths being "sticky" - BTW just got them to work on the seacoasts but I can only get them to cover water nothing else.
I experimented and was able to overlap a couple buildings and two rocky mountains. Also overlapped a couple boulders. Are you saying you have only been able to overlap water items?
Old May 07 2012, 01:27 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Dirt path not working the same as they were

I use the dirt paths to mark out areas on my fields, rows or areas where I would plant specific crops. Using the dirt paths at the edges of the joining fields. They are still not staying on top of the fields anymore they go under them.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread