Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 01 2012, 04:09 PM

First off I would like to say thanks for the update, looks like there is some cool stuff.
I am still having Flash Crashes and some real slow activity. Been working on the farm all since about 0900 this morning and have had at least 3 crashes where it it slowed down and froze up where I had to cold boot the set. I am using Firefox with the latest flash update and on WF36. Oh yeah this last time it froze and crashed I just reloaded the game I have a headless avatar. First time my avatar has been been beheaded.
Old Sep 01 2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meacara View Post
I am really not pleased with the trains being required for the mayor to help you work others' facilities. This just means the people without the extra money to pay for the trains will essentially not try anymore. I know I won't. I hate being second to begin with, but to be there first and at the end become 8th or worse, where you get virtually NOTHING. That's TERRIBLE, and not good for the game. Just another show of greed. Especially considering the trains barely bring anything of use. We needed animal products, not animals that we can get through any gifting site. Yet they don't even give anything useful with it, as our # of allowed animals in each animal shed has not increased. AWFUL.
I've chosen to NOT buy trains at this time, however, the "mayor" DOES still assist with facilities by completing 50% of the facility work on a farm with 4 facilities or more. The number of animals allowed in each shed was recently increased to 125 from 100 and some animal products are available by gifting.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old Sep 01 2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
I could not have said it better myself - totally agree with everything.....
The animals in the shed must have increased because I had 100 cows and just added 3 more to the shed from the farm. Before I had to overstock to put more in it. Just sayin'....
Old Sep 01 2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImajeanB View Post
The animals in the shed must have increased because I had 100 cows and just added 3 more to the shed from the farm. Before I had to overstock to put more in it. Just sayin'....
Hi, they increased a couple of releases ago.. the new limit is now at 125

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Sep 01 2012, 05:03 PM

Thanks so much. The train cars are definitely worth the money, and I'm madly in love with the green glove.
Old Sep 01 2012, 05:15 PM
Account Not Linked

Trying and trying to attach my last train car, at a 90 degree angle to the penultimate one, but it won't connect. The info says we can now build trains at any angle but it's not working. My train tracks are not long enough for all the carriages I have so I either have to redesign completely or work out how this is done. Has anyone else managed to connect a carriage around a 90 degree corner?
I think it would be easier to enable 2 freight locomotives to work on the one farm, so we could connect half the carriages to the other locomotive.
I also had trouble getting carriages 2 and 3 to connect to each other. In the end I shifted the diesel forward a fraction and everything else forward, and it worked. I wondered if it's anything to do with where the pieces of track join up. If they overlap slightly, does this cause a problem?
Old Sep 01 2012, 05:25 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianedrayson View Post
Trying and trying to attach my last train car, at a 90 degree angle to the penultimate one, but it won't connect. The info says we can now build trains at any angle but it's not working. My train tracks are not long enough for all the carriages I have so I either have to redesign completely or work out how this is done. Has anyone else managed to connect a carriage around a 90 degree corner?
I think it would be easier to enable 2 freight locomotives to work on the one farm, so we could connect half the carriages to the other locomotive.
I also had trouble getting carriages 2 and 3 to connect to each other. In the end I shifted the diesel forward a fraction and everything else forward, and it worked. I wondered if it's anything to do with where the pieces of track join up. If they overlap slightly, does this cause a problem?
Hi there,
Just tried on mine, don't follow the "curve" of tracks, or they won't link up correctly. You need to make an L shape with the cars themselves, one butted up to the next one, the side of one up against the back of the one infront, so they meet up, once you've done it you wont see the track underneath anyway.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 01 2012, 05:43 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi there,
Just tried on mine, don't follow the "curve" of tracks, or they won't link up correctly. You need to make an L shape with the cars themselves, one butted up to the next one, the side of one up against the back of the one infront, so they meet up, once you've done it you wont see the track underneath anyway.
Thank you SO much. I had the back of my last one butted up to the side of the previous one. (I had moved and moved it, but always attached that way rather than vice-versa.) Now I've done it your way and it works. Hmm, so it looks as though the best way to design this is actually to start on the L shape and then you can get them all on tracks. A little playing around will be required, continually attaching the locomotive in front of each successive attempt to make sure they're attached properly.

At least now I know it's doable. It's worth spending the time on it. Thanks again.
Old Sep 01 2012, 05:45 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianedrayson View Post
Thank you SO much. I had the back of my last one butted up to the side of the previous one. (I had moved and moved it, but always attached that way rather than vice-versa.) Now I've done it your way and it works. Hmm, so it looks as though the best way to design this is actually to start on the L shape and then you can get them all on tracks. A little playing around will be required, continually attaching the locomotive in front of each successive attempt to make sure they're attached properly.

At least now I know it's doable. It's worth spending the time on it. Thanks again.
You are welcome, glad we could help

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 01 2012, 05:57 PM

Been playing with our new toys this morning ... can't wait for the new goodies on Monday! The green glove is spectacular; will save me an enormous amount of time and effort in lieu of using the dirt paths to design. Well worth the cash!
I've been planting with my 36x seeder without issue since the update, hope the seed problem will be resolved for all very soon.
The search window is wonderful and so very long overdue. I'm hoping that the same search window will appear in our storage soon.
The facility mayor upgrade from the prior update is a fabulous addition. Would LOVE to have the mayor appear and tell me " Oops! You've already worked the facilities on this farm today" on the front end when I accidently revisit farms I've already been to.
Also, for the future; please consider moving the mini game cube to a different location on the screen. I keep running into it as I move my mouse around and the intrusion becomes even more evident as you add more games.
THANK YOU MODS FOR YOUR CALM AND PROFESSIONALISM WHEN DEALING WITH FARM TOWN CRAZIES LIKE ME. THE DEVS AIN'T DOIN' SUCH A BAD JOB EITHER.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Closed Thread