Old Oct 26 2012, 11:09 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrox View Post
as stated in the update, the 'confirm' pop up will not happen over and over. so it is 51 clicks to hide 50 trees.
Nope - 1 click to open the menu for each item, another to select the "hide" command. Two clicks per item, 100 clicks to hide 50 trees.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 26 2012, 11:42 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post

5. Dim Out Non Relevant Items for Tools: This is a new preference in the Preference Window. Whenever you select a tool, items that are not relevant to that tool will be dimmed out so that you can have easier access to the items that you're actually going to work on. For example when you select the harvest tool you will only see harvestable items. When you select the fishing rod you will only see water items with grown fish on them. This will work when you are farming on your farms or other people farms.
Apparently this only works on harvest/fishing/chopping sorts of tools, but not on seeding. It's absolutely wonderful, but when I'm planting seeds, it would be nice if only the plowed fields were visible too (some of them are behind trees, for example).
Visit 's Farm

Old Oct 26 2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Thanks very much Raul

ETA have now tried out the "Dim out Non relevant Items for Tools" and am absolutely loving that feature !!!
No more oil pumps, tools or tall crops hiding flowers, and easy to find harvestable trees amongst those not ready yet.
I tried it on my trees , flowers and fish oh my it works like a charm so much easier now no more hovering over the trees straining the eyes to see if I got them all I'm wondering though if that will work when i work on a farmers farm too? It is the best tool of any of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )) It saves so much time too ) THANKS DEVS!!!!
Old Oct 26 2012, 11:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
Apparently this only works on harvest/fishing/chopping sorts of tools, but not on seeding. It's absolutely wonderful, but when I'm planting seeds, it would be nice if only the plowed fields were visible too (some of them are behind trees, for example).
The tools I have found it works on is tree shaker, chainsaw, boat, green hand, and the bulldozer. Those are the tools that I have used and found that it works on. For the plots that is behind trees and stuff you will have to hide these items in the preferences. I am pretty sure that the flower shaker will work also.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Oct 27 2012, 12:02 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by adinar View Post
I tried it on my trees , flowers and fish oh my it works like a charm so much easier now no more hovering over the trees straining the eyes to see if I got them all I'm wondering though if that will work when i work on a farmers farm too? It is the best tool of any of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )) It saves so much time too ) THANKS DEVS!!!!
I just did the trees on a neighbors farm and it worked on their farm also, everything was dimmed except for the trees that I was hired to do.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Oct 27 2012, 12:04 AM

Exclamation GONE TO WASTE crops are dimmed

When you are hired for a job, only harvestable items are sharp and clear when you arrive on a farm. Great! Unfortunately, GONE TO WASTE CROPS do not seem to be considered harvestable - even though plowing dead crops under is a common task for hired hands.

The wasted crops do appear once you select your plow or combine, but a hired hand in a hurry may not notice the gone to waste crops. Devs may want to look into that as it's bound to cause misunderstandings down on the farm.

Dry flowers also appear dimmed.

Also trees that need the axe/chainsaw.

Presumably this is because these items can't be harvested with the default tool, the scythe.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm

Last edited by Gregh; Oct 27 2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old Oct 27 2012, 12:08 AM

Oops - another glitch, for me anyway. I upgraded farm 5 to 32x32, but the mouseover on the farm selector says 31x31 and I can't plow all the way to the edge - the outer part is unusable for any purpose I tried.
Old Oct 27 2012, 12:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhelmboldt View Post
Oops - another glitch, for me anyway. I upgraded farm 5 to 32x32, but the mouseover on the farm selector says 31x31 and I can't plow all the way to the edge - the outer part is unusable for any purpose I tried.
This has been passed on to the developers. Here is a thread to watch for information on this glitch:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508930
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 27 2012, 01:17 AM

Level:
XP:

a great update, thank you!!!!!!!! love the dim out feature!!! and no more annoying pop ups asking me to go to anothers farm!!! wonderful!!!!

Visit 's Farm

Old Oct 27 2012, 01:56 AM

Thanks so much for the upgrade - awesome stuff!

I am still looking forward to the train Boost, a Harvest/Plough in one click, Harvest/ Plough/ Plant in one click and hope that they are on your 'To-do' list for the next upgrade :-)

3. Extra Box/Product when Hiring Strangers from the Marketplace: To increase work availability in the marketplace we have decided to reward those who hire strangers (not a Buddy or neighbour) in the Marketplace. That is to say, if you go to the Marketplace to hire others you will receive an extra product (regular non-large box, fruits, flower, log or fish) in your storage for each product harvested. This will help employers having more products to load their facilities.

We generally do not have problems in the Market Place with finding people to Harvest and Plough, we do have problems getting someone to do the stuff which does not give Experience points (Shaking, Chopping, Fishing and Flowers)

Farming since: 14 December 2009
Closed Thread