Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 13 2021, 12:01 AM

Default Tools

Why am I having to repurchase tools I already have? I have a 3x3 seeder, and am prevented from using it because the game doesn't recognise it. This is one of the reasons I stopped playing, and it still has not been fixed in the intervening years.
Old Mar 13 2021, 12:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyM11 View Post
Why am I having to repurchase tools I already have? I have a 3x3 seeder, and am prevented from using it because the game doesn't recognise it. This is one of the reasons I stopped playing, and it still has not been fixed in the intervening years.
Hi WendyM,
I moved your post to the subject thread about tools. You need to put your tools in to your storage. Then you can use them from the Toolbox without taking them out of storage. The tools do not take any space in your storage.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 20 2021, 02:53 AM

Default Purple Hand doesn't work

Hi, It's my understanding the Purple Hand is supposed to be working unless I read wrong. It's not working on my farm. It worked for putting down water, but not for editing or buying things from the market and setting them on my farm. I also can't use it to place things on my farm from storage. I used to be able to move things and buy and set things down anywhere. Can't do that now, it just show red when I try. Thank you! 100000484275701
Old Mar 20 2021, 05:11 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby M Newbary View Post
Hi, It's my understanding the Purple Hand is supposed to be working unless I read wrong. It's not working on my farm. It worked for putting down water, but not for editing or buying things from the market and setting them on my farm. I also can't use it to place things on my farm from storage. I used to be able to move things and buy and set things down anywhere. Can't do that now, it just show red when I try. Thank you! 100000484275701
Hi Abbey,

If the item you are trying to place is red where you are trying to place it then you can't overlap that item there with another one, you may not be showing everything possible in your preferences so that you can see where there is a small space to be able to place it down. You need at least one tiny space the size a pine tree would use to place something almost on top of another one. Please show everything in your game preferences so you can see if there is something in the area where you are trying to set your item down.

The tool is not meant for putting anything exactly in the same space as another item or for putting anything on top of on top of workable items like crops, etc. If you are trying to do that, that is a method of what we call layering which some also like to call a trick. We are not permitted to give instructions for any layering or tricks or allow them to be posted. We are aware that not all the usual methods of layering are working, we can not tell you if they will be in the future. If you are not trying to do that please let us know which farm it is and what item you are trying to place where so we can go take a look.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 21 2021, 07:07 PM

Default when tools are selected screen does not change

(User 1768562258) I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this issue but a couple of weeks ago my screen jerked around while I was chopping trees. All of a sudden all of the trees (fruit and regular trees) appeared on screen. It didn't matter which tool I was using all of the trees were showing. The game didn't just show only those trees for that specific tool. Next day the same issue seemed to be happening to all of the screens. Example: if I want to harvest/plant crops the screen used to only show the crops. Now it shows crops, trees, buildings, decorations. I can use the little control box in the upper right corner to choose which things I want displayed but that doesn't separate the fruit trees from the regular trees. But it does allow me to only show crops and nothing else. Also FYI, this is happening no matter what version of the game I am playing U75 or U70
Old Mar 21 2021, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzlmon View Post
(User 1768562258) I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this issue but a couple of weeks ago my screen jerked around while I was chopping trees. All of a sudden all of the trees (fruit and regular trees) appeared on screen. It didn't matter which tool I was using all of the trees were showing. The game didn't just show only those trees for that specific tool. Next day the same issue seemed to be happening to all of the screens. Example: if I want to harvest/plant crops the screen used to only show the crops. Now it shows crops, trees, buildings, decorations. I can use the little control box in the upper right corner to choose which things I want displayed but that doesn't separate the fruit trees from the regular trees. But it does allow me to only show crops and nothing else. Also FYI, this is happening no matter what version of the game I am playing U75 or U70
Hi fitzlmom

I moved your post to the thread about Tools.

Please when you get a tool, look at the botton right corner of the game screen.
You will see an eye. Click in the eye to get it half open. That way only the items tied to the tool you have in your hands will show up.
Old Mar 22 2021, 10:36 AM

1040081523 Farmer ID Today I accepted gifts (fuel) and instead of getting 4 for each one I only received 1. I believe this is a new problem because every other time I accepted them since the migration, I got the usual 4 times as many with my gifting tools.
Old Mar 22 2021, 10:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holderdorn View Post
1040081523 Farmer ID Today I accepted gifts (fuel) and instead of getting 4 for each one I only received 1. I believe this is a new problem because every other time I accepted them since the migration, I got the usual 4 times as many with my gifting tools.
Hi Hoilderdorn,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If that doesn't work try taking the yellow gifting tool out of storage, place it on a farm, click the Save button, restart your farms. Then place it back in your storage and try again to see if you get 4.

I checked this and I got the 4 fuel tanks.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 03 2021, 09:30 AM

Question Big tools

I have all the big tools and i can only get the small ones, I have tried opera internet explpoyer and google they are not working on ony of these what can I do to get my big tools back Thanks
Old Apr 03 2021, 09:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin Cutter View Post
I have all the big tools and i can only get the small ones, I have tried opera internet explpoyer and google they are not working on ony of these what can I do to get my big tools back Thanks
Hi Lin Cutter,
I moved your post to the subject thread about tools.
Are you seeing those bigger tools in your tool box? If you can't see them but only see the smaller ones click on the Arrow at the top of the column for the tool you are trying to get.

Tags
eye icon, fuel, fuel shortage, fueling, mobile lookout tower, storage capacity