Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 09 2014, 11:15 AM

thanks for the update. pls can you increase the produion of cynniman it is used for so much now and there has never been increased can you also think about making it that your friends can work
Old Jan 09 2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theperfectnina View Post
All tools must be in storage and NOT on any farms, otherwise this option will not work.
I know ...
Old Jan 09 2014, 11:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
thanks for the update. pls can you increase the produion of cynniman it is used for so much now and there has never been increased can you also think about making it that your friends can work
Cinnamon is a workable facility.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 09 2014, 11:39 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
Because we BEGGED to let people use our tools for over a year and no one said it was a bad idea in the suggestions thread. They just gave us what we wanted - a way to hire people without tools to use ours instead of taking more time trying to hire someone to do trees, flowers, and / or fish than it would take to do the work ourselves. And by the way, they have already said they are going to make it optional. So look for an additional update in the next few weeks that will do just that.
I have never BEGGED for this change and since comments on suggestions is not allowed in the suggestion section, can't make comments there.

Where did the dev's say that this was going to be added to the game, it has never been in any of the release notes, I just went through July and there was no mention of this. The only mention was that maybe it would be added that the employee could use their coin tools, that I believe most people don't have a problem with, but being able to do more on the farm was one of the perks of owning the larger tools, now that perk has been taken away.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Jan 09 2014, 12:16 PM

With this new release, and the ability to share the biggest tools available, we are only a few tantalizing clicks away from hiring out the last bane of Farm Town, the endless planting. Please, use my tools and make my fuel useable too, I'd be happy to ride, instead of being ridden by, my farm. Add check boxes, seed selectors and double the bonuses. Anything that shrinks the total number of clicks per day is a good idea.

Lorenzo

PECCATUM ORIGINALE
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...766&farm_ix=20

Last edited by Larry Greenslate; Jan 09 2014 at 12:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 09 2014, 12:22 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavensAngel View Post
Everyone seems to be focusing on the use of tools thing, and it seems to me, that there is one thing that everyone has overlooked in this update.
A few updates ago, it was stated that all decorations were going to be changed and be made available for coins and the Farm Cash price tag was going to be removed. In the following update, we had an apology and it was stated that it could not be done. Now, surely this should've at least meant, that all future decorations, should and would be coin purchases only, so I am wondering why we are now being charged farm cash for clouds and mist??? Everyone understood, that maybe the changes couldn't be made, but the promise should've been carried forward on future new decs. This is not to mention the exorbitant price tag that has been put on them, as most people would want more than one on their farm. At these exorbitant prices, no one would be able to afford this. Perhaps this is something that needs to be looked at and put morally right, considering the broken promise in the past.
Oh my! I hadn't looked at the cost because I tend not to pay real money for decorations. They are quite expensive, aren't they, for something that doesn't really do anything. Of course, there is always a group that can and will pay for these types of things, but I do agree with you that, while the fulfillment of the original promise may have been impossible, it is disappointing that the spirit that was intended seems to have been forgotten.

Considering the high cost of these items, I'd like to be a fly on the wall at the management meetings and get a peek at the financial statements. Do they need more paying customers -- and darn quickly, at that -- to finance all the farms that are being added, and the bandwidth/disk storage that's now required?
Old Jan 09 2014, 01:01 PM
Account Not Linked

My time is valuable. I have better things to do with it than sit & watch someone 1,1,1'ing around my farm, one of which has 4,300+ flowers. I want to hire one time & have the work done, not have to re-hire because they quit, & they always do, crop turn around makes me money, sitting at the hiring place makes me nothing & wastes my time. I may go back to hiring now rather than just doing it myself. I have tons of gas & the best tools I can afford & am happy to help the new players. Yes I remember working my fingers to the bone to get ahead, but we had what? 4 farms? 8? & no layering. Now we have flowers & trees on top of layered crops, no wonder the new players quit. As far as incentive to spend money and buy; my sister bought the (then) largest harvest/plow tool & came to do my harvesting, I watched, & said "oh boy, I have to get one of those", & so will the new player, once he/she gets to a level that they can buy those things; but if we are not willing to help them advance then considering the "maze" our farms have become, they will never stick around long enough to advance & spend money. In short; my employees can use whatever of mine they need to get the job done thus benefiting both of us.
Old Jan 09 2014, 01:29 PM
Account Not Linked

the default eye should be your default in the wrench menu. i truly am annoyed at the dim out default since i have hidden selected. and, btw, the house and eye are both really creepy looking .

DO NOT let them use my flower waterer!!! ever!!! the white flower waterer screws up the time on my red (crop and flower time) waterer.

i don't mind that people can use my tools. the only downside of this i can see is that it may be harder to hire people if you don't have turbo tools once everyone becomes "addicted" to them.

thumbs up on the comment about a tutorial - quests for newbies. i also gave up on trying to tell people they could use my tools - especially the poor soul that couldn't understand she could use my turbo boat (which was the only reason i hired someone to fish).

my daughter and i haven't had any problems using employer's tools. i've hotbarred the 10x10 combine to check when hired. i have all FC tools (i've only tested using the combine). my daughter has only green coin tools and has been able to use employers tools for everything. our tools are all in storage.
Old Jan 09 2014, 01:44 PM

I agree about making the eye automatically fully closed if you have that option already as Hidden under the wrench, I was surprised, I had to manually make it closed after it's set to be that way in my options. Thank you for allowing my employees use my tools when they work on my farms, I appreciate it and think it's fair. Thank you
Old Jan 09 2014, 02:06 PM

Hi, I like the fact workers can use my tools, was able to hire a neighbor to fish for the first time last night as she could use my turbo boat and enjoyed the experience, I am not happy with the dim out feature though , did some work through the market place for someone, my settings showed hidden, as I have always had it but it dimmed the trees, and when I clicked on the eye it only brought up the who farm with everything showing for me, I hope they are able to fix this glitch.
Closed Thread