Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 26 2014, 03:46 PM

My quest had 4 flags and I had 5 items. Tomatoes, ham, bread, cheese, lettuce. I elected to leave the bread and flagged the basics. My thinking was bread could appear in many quests. Got the 4 immediately, waiting for bread, still optimistic. Would you readers have flagged the bread as the tough one and left one of the basics open?
Old Sep 26 2014, 04:05 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Raul just posted updates on the co-op quests:

Post Release Updates - September 26th, 1:00AM EST

Cooperative Quests changes:

-To help on the initial phase we increased the expiration time for all Cooperative Quests by 3 days, this applies only to newly created quests, this may go down or up again in the future
-To help on the initial phase we increased the Buy limit per single quest from 1 to unlimited, this number may go down again in the future
-We now show how many coins were spent or earned when buying and selling products to friends
-Show explanation with the meaning of the blue dot when someone opens a neighbour Quest Manager that doesn't have any active quests
-Fixed bug that was showing null in some Cooperative Quest Managers
Gee Taz could the dev's like have all the steps of the quest completed already BEFORE we open it so like all we'd have to do is the last step? then we wouldn't have to bother with all the other stuff like helping neighbors and friends or taking a little time out to do these? cause like I mean they are hard!

Sarcasm is my second language just in case someone might think I was SERIOUS!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 26 2014, 04:10 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFMad View Post
I don't think the short time allowed for the quest will work for me. I haven't seen anyone with my quest to buy what I need. Either the time needs to be extended or the ability to post what is needed instead of going through 80 neighbors and click on their blue dot to see if they have what I need. This may be the first and only co-op quest that I do if things aren't tweaked.
I am with you, I think this is my first and only one to do, my quest asked for all the polyesters there is, rolls, webbing, etc.. for a simple life saver, only about 10 of my neighbors are working the co-op quests and none of them have anything that I can buy or they from me, and the time frame they gave me was 2.5 days.. crazy.. and besides with time already short on working the farms I'm loosing too much time looking at all the blue dots to find out if they have a new quest where I can buy from. Posted on my timeline and gave the default farm link since they can click from any farm, lets see if by tomorrow I have some response, if not bye, bye quest, too much trouble to get coins... thanks but no thanks..
Old Sep 26 2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy 11 View Post
My quest had 4 flags and I had 5 items. Tomatoes, ham, bread, cheese, lettuce. I elected to leave the bread and flagged the basics. My thinking was bread could appear in many quests. Got the 4 immediately, waiting for bread, still optimistic. Would you readers have flagged the bread as the tough one and left one of the basics open?
I had the fishing float to make today. I just let people click on what they all needed first. After the clicking subsided, I put the note on the remaining 2 items . . . orange pigment and I think the granules. Then I asked 2 of my neighbors to please go click on the notes and that got it done. I have it cooking in my fishing factory within 40 minutes.

My thinking is to 'let it ride' for a while to see what you can get from others and what gets clicked on by others. I wouldn't consider putting a note on anything until you've received the bulk of your needs and what remains = the number of notes you get.

A friend of mine is waiting endlessly for a bicycle seat . . .

I do wonder if these items need to be collected in order, meaning, if you need bread and had no notes on anything, could someone click on the bread and or must people click on things in order of what it takes to make the bread.

Friends, it's just a game!
Old Sep 26 2014, 04:13 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy 11 View Post
I would have checked all of my neighbors that had open quests to see if they had any of those items they needed also and bought what I could have that way. Then if there was an item I couldn't find I would use the yellow note.

Visit 's Farm

Old Sep 26 2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Hello Farmer Susan,

When a neighbor uses a sticky note and you visit their farm you will see "Sell" so that you can sell the item they need. When you see "Buy" that is if you need that item for your quest you can purchase that item from your neighbor.
Ok, that's what I thought. I keep making the rounds of my neighbors because I want to be able to sell something to someone! LOL

Guess I'm just missing them - haven't seen a "sell" yet.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Sep 26 2014, 04:16 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eradani View Post
i understand the Sell buttons on my neighbor's quests are only there if the neighbor put a flag on that item.

i don't understand what the criteria are for having a Buy button.
- there's Buy buttons on stuff i don't need
- one neighbor only had Buy buttons on stuff that didn't have a checkmark
- one neighbor only had Buy buttons on stuff that did have a checkmark
- another neighbor had Buy buttons on stuff regardless of checkmarks
- also, it seem like if the neighbor is ready for the last step, there are no more Buy buttons

I'm really glad that they decided the 24 hr limit to finish quests is gone.

Navigation between neighbors is HORRENDOUS!!!!
either:
- have Sort By Coop Quests in neighbor's bar AND put the neighbor's name on the quest mgr so we don't get lost
OR
- have a navigation option inside the quest mgr

Overall, i welcome something new todo this winter and think this shows promise BUT the neighbor navigation is a deal breaker.
If you have more than 3 or 4 things to buy/sell you are up the creek without a paddle, they give you only 3 stickers. so the others i don't know how it gets bought/sold..
Old Sep 26 2014, 04:16 PM

I checked all my neighbors and got 3 of 8 items and THEN I set the 4 flags. I agree, thinking on it, that I should have waited till 1 of the 5 remaining basics was checked off, then I could have flagged all the remaining ingredients. Oh well, a day I learn something is a good day! Thanks for the input.
Old Sep 26 2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
If you have more than 3 or 4 things to buy/sell you are up the creek without a paddle, they give you only 3 stickers. so the others i don't know how it gets bought/sold..
I got 4 flags for 8 items.
Old Sep 26 2014, 04:27 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
the number of yellow help notes you get depends on the number of steps in the actual quest. I had 10 steps in my quest this morning and I got 5 help notes. you just need to learn WHEN to use the yellow notes. I would keep them for the hard to get items that no one else is going to need

Visit 's Farm

Closed Thread