Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 17 2013, 02:54 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this...but a friend who was not a neighbour was hired by me at the market and she did not get the bonus chest...nor did I when she hired me....isn't it only neighbours and buddies who are not supposed to be able to work for the chest...its been that way for ages and now suddenly...its stopped???

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 17 2013, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
love it... thanks for the snoopy smiles
Old Nov 17 2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
That is just putting what you don't have at the top of the list, then you can change that option to required, category, or name. I usually set it to category cause then it groups everything together, crops, trees, flowers, and etc. Not sure how required organizes the items, but I now name is alphabetical and category puts them in groups.
Okay, thanks KnightRider.
I guess if I were missing anything, this would have been more apparent to me as I would have been showing goose eggs for an amount. Makes sense now, and a really good option for those wondering why certain things can't be started. They can see exactly what and how much of something they need. Good one.
I've waited a long time for the devs to give us options to tighten down our enormous inventories. They are well on their way, but in my opinion, not quite there yet. BUT TONS BETTER.

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Nov 17 2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
sorry if this is the wrong place to post this...but a friend who was not a neighbour was hired by me at the market and she did not get the bonus chest...nor did I when she hired me....isn't it only neighbours and buddies who are not supposed to be able to work for the chest...its been that way for ages and now suddenly...its stopped???
Are you sure one of you isn't on each others buddy list? You might have deleted that person as a buddy, but they have to do the same.

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Nov 17 2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglnwhite View Post
I have "By Missing" set as my default in the facility manager. It tells me which products I am missing and how many (the red number in parenteses) in order to fill all my facilities (first drop down on the left) for the run time specified (middle drop-down). This has become my most essential tool as it helps me decide which crops I need to plant, which trees/flowers I need to harvest, etc. in order to fill the facilities to full capacity.

The "run time" drop down doesn't seem to take into account the fact that other players are working the facilities, so I keep mine set to "remaining capacity". Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. All I know is that I LOVE THIS TOOL and that it is generally spot-on.
Awesome. Thank you so much. Yes, I see myself using this planner much more now that I am understanding it better. Thanks for taking the time.

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Nov 17 2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
That is just putting what you don't have at the top of the list, then you can change that option to required, category, or name. I usually set it to category cause then it groups everything together, crops, trees, flowers, and etc. Not sure how required organizes the items, but I now name is alphabetical and category puts them in groups.
Required organizes the items it takes to make something in ascending order. The most (of the ingredient that is required to make that item) being listed first. So this list is not usable (really) on the main facility manager page, but can be used for each individual facility as you open them.

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Nov 17 2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisluvsanimals View Post

Is it "Soon" yet
Well hope Taz is right and soon is a couple of days - grin - Snoopy is still looking up the dictionary def to pass on! Meanwhile - soon could be the same soon as the cash for the Quests

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Nov 17 2013, 10:09 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJay View Post
Required organizes the items it takes to make something in ascending order. The most (of the ingredient that is required to make that item) being listed first. So this list is not usable (really) on the main facility manager page, but can be used for each individual facility as you open them.
Ok, I see what you are saying, I just looked at it and I don't really like using required option, I think I will stick with the category option.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Nov 17 2013, 12:51 PM

Question: When awarding help given points for sending gifts, is one point given for each gift that is sent to each person or 1 point given for the single act of sending multiple gifts (i.e. batched) to multiple people at one time?

The reason I ask is because I've been sending batched gifts to the max number of players which should increase my help given points by at least 35 and it has not.

Second question: Are help points calculated and added continuously during the day or at a specific time?

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old Nov 17 2013, 02:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglnwhite View Post
Question: When awarding help given points for sending gifts, is one point given for each gift that is sent to each person or 1 point given for the single act of sending multiple gifts (i.e. batched) to multiple people at one time?

The reason I ask is because I've been sending batched gifts to the max number of players which should increase my help given points by at least 35 and it has not.

Second question: Are help points calculated and added continuously during the day or at a specific time?
The help points are really only used for the people that are in competition with other neighbors and just want to be able to say that they help neighbors more than their neighbors.

2nd question first, help points are calculated whenever you do the specific action required to receive the help points as long as you don't duplicate actions for the same neighbor, see the example in the quote below.

1st question, according to the release notes from October 8th, I would say that it is suppose to be points received is per neighbor per action, so if you gifted 35 gifts to 35 different neighbors you should get 35 points, because it states "A particular helping action only count once per friend in a few hours period". So that is why I would say you can gift to multiple neighbors and it count. With the exception of gifting Farm Cash gift cards, I have gifted approximately 5 to a close neighbor and have never received any points. I had reported it and since I don't really go by those points, I just ignore the help points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul
The rules for computing the Help Given to Your Friends by You are:

1 point for CLAIM_BONUS, SEND_INGREDIENTS, SEND_GIFT and WATER_FLOWERS actions
5 points for WORK_IN_FARM, WORK_FACILITIES, WORK_SERVICE_FACILITIES, WORK_RAILROADS and SELL_PRODUCTS actions
FarmCash Price * 20 for each SEND_FARMCASH_GIFT action, this include ALL Farm Cash items, Certificates, Facilities, etc.

A particular helping action only count once per friend in a few hours period. For example, if you work in user X farm you get one point, if you work in user Y farm right after that you get another point, but if you work again on user X farm right after that it will not count, you will have to wait a few hours for it to count.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.

Last edited by KnightRider; Nov 17 2013 at 02:35 PM.
Closed Thread